Review of Bluefly

flyrep@bluefly.com
2018 Customer choice award

thear6
6/22/17

I ordered a dress on May 29. It shipped on June 3 and was delivered on June 8. I was only given 21 days from the date my order shipped (June 3) to return the dress. This really is not enough time to return an item. In addition, they would not give me store credit for the item.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Thea,

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback.

Bluefly is a marketplace and comprised of many different vendors who each determine the return policy. This is a policy we have had in place for some time however we are reviewing.

A customer service rep will be in touch with you shortly.
hyok
6/22/17

They are a fraud. You'd better call police and report them.

I ordered one top and they didn't ship it , but sent me a track number. I sent numerous emails and they didn't respond except a automatic respond mail. They didn't explain why this happened, but I found out they lost the item in the warehouse, but never sent me an email or responded. They took my money. Finally I was going to call a police, and they refunded me. Again, I'm telling you they are a fraud. I don't understand how they still can run their business.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Hyo,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience and can understand your frustration.

Our Customer Service team is experiencing a high volume of email so I apologize for the delay in responding. I am glad to hear there has been a resolution to query.

If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know.
lauraa89
6/21/17

This has to be the worst experience ever. The website went back to old addresses I had on file and used an express checkout without any warning. I tried to cancel my order or call to have it cancelled and there is no customer service at all. I tried calling my credit card company and Bluefly has already charged my account 800 dollars for the item and there is nothing I can do. I do not want the item. I tried to cancel immediately and there was no way to contact the company - no call center on to email them. This is a poor website and even worse customer service. If I am charged for this and get no response I am plastering this over social media and to the Today Show. This is ridiculous.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Laura,

Our website has a Contact Us page which lists our Customer Service email address which is flyrep@bluefly.com.

I hope this helps!
saraha151
6/17/17

In the last few weeks they had a lot of glitches on their web site. The customer service was and is out since weeks as well and nobody answers emails. I ordered shoes for 300$ each in 2 different sizes and wanted to return one of them after trying them on. They refused! They said it was final sale only on the pair I want to return! It clearly was not. Why would I have ordered 2 pairs. They are liares. And even if they would be right after not responding for 3 weeks and afterall I am a good customer since 10 years spend 1000's of $$$ and purchased a 300$ shoe afterall they could give me the courtesy of returning the item. They have good products but they lost me forever- f... you bluefly!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have reviewed the matter and can confirm the return policy for each shoe was different. We ship from a number of different marketplace partners and they reserve the right to change the return policy, which is found on the item's product page, at their discretion which is what happened in this case.

janety14
6/16/17

why wont any one answer your phones, online chat does not work and when i send an email it takes you guys so long to reply. Worst customer service ever !!!!

Placed a order 4 hours ago and still haven't received a confirmation email. SMFH

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Janet,

I am sorry to hear you have not received your order confirmation and I apologize for the phones as we are currently transitioning our CS team.

If you still have not received your order confirmation email, please let us know by private message with your email address used to place the order.
samh138
6/8/17

I've purchased several items from Bluefly.com and being told it will be shipped from different locations. I've been waiting for the last item to be delivered for about 10 days, so I tried to contact them, OMG you will never find a customer service that bad, never answer the phone and don't respond the email. The day after I filed the complaint, the last item has arrived, but they shipped the wrong item. I tried to contact them again, of course, no one answer the phone and no email sent back to me for the exchange instruction. Beware buyers, Bluefly.com is not a company with integrity, especially their customer service is horrible, do not buy from them.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Sam,

Do you mind private messaging us your details, including email address and order number and I can have our CS team look into this for you?

lashondam1
6/5/17

If I have the item and I'm telling you the coat is USED THE TAGS WERE REATTACHED WITH BLUE TREAD AND THE PICTURES CLEARLY SHOWS THAT ALONG WITH THE COAT BEING USED. My email didn't say the marketplace said it was new...which is NOT TRUE!! I wanted the coat. I PAID FOR A NEW COAT. I THOUGHT THIS WAS A REPUTABLE COMPANY. UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES I WOULDNT HAVE WANTED AN EXCHANGE. I WANTED AN EXCHANGE NOT A REFUND!! CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS JACKIE D...told me just because the tags were reattached doesn't mean it's USED WTH?!!!! Read REVIEWS...STAY AWAY!!!! I was told repeatedly my 21 days had expired that was all they could do. They were sorry that I was DISSATISFIED...I asked to speak with a manager. I was told the manager would tell me the same thing. My 21 day window expired. BLUEFLY SELLS USED IT THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE NEW!!!!! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY SUCK. INSPECT ALL ITEMS FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi LaShonda,

Thank you for your feedback.

We presented the pictures to our marketplace partner and they confirmed that the coat was brand new and not used.

nataliej31
6/5/17

I WILL NEVER SHOP AT #BLUEFLY AGAIN!!!

I have been trying to get a refund from @bluefly.com Bluefly #Bluefly for 5 weeks! I returned my Giuseppe Sandals a month ago AND I AM STILL waiting for my refund. Each time I call, chat, email, I get an excuse, "oh it should have been processed by now", last week I received an email from a manager.

" Renita M. (Bluefly)
May 29, 12:49 PM EDT

Good Day Natalie,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in processing your refund. I see that a FlyRep escalated this matter on 5/17/17 and unfortunately it appears that my Returns Department are still delinquent in processing this return. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

As a Manager, I have escalated this matter to my team and asked them to process this return tomorrow upon their return to the office. A separate email confirming this credit will be emailed to you once it is done.

I apologize for any angst this matter may have caused. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Renita
BLUEFLY Customer Service Manager
USA 1.877.BLUEFLY (1.877.258.3359)
Overseas 212.944.8000 and press 1
Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm EST"

I still don't have my $$$$$!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Natalie,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience and can understand your frustration!

cyndib9
6/4/17

Ordered three pairs of shoes. Had to contact them to find out where my order was. Did not have inventory and didn't bother to tell me.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Cindy,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience.

Our marketplace partners work hard to try and maintain 100% inventory accuracy however, on rare occasions there are errors. Emails are sent in this instance and I sincerely apologize that you did not receive it.

rubyp21
6/2/17

Unbelievable!! Why does it surprise me that their phones are turned off!!! I'm sure it's their way of not dealing with the many complaints they get daily. Still waiting for my refund and no way of getting a hold of them. Please...please don't put yourself in this situation. We have consumer rights! This company needs to be shut down!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Ruby,

ernests45
6/1/17

I've purchased more than $6,000 in shoes in the last 3 years on this site. The products received have always been good and authentic, but returns have become harder and harder to the point I can no longer do business with them. My latest experience included a return which they received May 12, and for which I still had not received a refund by May 30. I tried emailing 3 times, no answer. I tried calling, phone "out of service." Finally after using Facebook threats, someone did reply, and gave me a credit for $100 less than they owed me. My followup email resulted in their saying they would correct that amount. My guess is that Bluefly is now a sale and ship outfit, but they have nobody there for followup, problems, returns, credits, etc. I'f I'm paying $500 for a pair of shoes, I expect more than complete neglect even if I am buying online. Bye Bye Bluefly.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Ernest,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience.

I followed up with the customer service representative and found they calculated the return incorrectly. The refund was processed by our credit team who have refunded the full amount.

janeta47
5/30/17

Charged my debit card when there was no available inventory. Received no emails or followup info. Why is Bluefly still in business?

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Janet,

am so sorry to hear about your experience and can understand your frustration!

stephanies207
5/23/17

Bluefly did respond to my negative comments.....Asked for additional info....and then did nothing.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE BLUEFLY!!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Stephanie,

isij
5/22/17

I ordered a pare of Prada sunglasses, ten days ago. I payed with my PayPal. BlueFly went ahead and withdrew the money, only to send an email three days later where they stated that the item was out of stock and they were canceling the order. It has been ten days and I still don't have my money back. Contacting customer service is a losing game as they put you forever on hold. Needless to say I will never, ever purchase anything from their site, ever again.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi there,

susanp177
5/15/17

I purchased 2 Louie Vuitton items that were suppose to be "pre-owned" I received them with no identification numbers on them or any type of identification. Plus these items were coming from China. 2nd red flag. I contacted them over a week ago with no response. How many times does it take to get a response? These were high ticket items. Almost 1400.00

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Susan,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience.

We do have marketplace partners based in Asia that Louis Vuitton goods and we work closely with them to ensure authenticity.

Please private message us your details so that we can follow up your contact with us.

I look forward to having this resolved for you.
bk83
5/6/17

I placed an order in mid april for 2 dresses and a swim suit. First package of a $330 dress and a $60 swimsuit shipped quickly and said I would receive that Friday. Second package shipped later but I received it remarkably quick. I sent a message stating I needed these for a wedding and would be going out of town, could I speed up the delivery. They stated it shipped and was too late to change. Not all on bluefly but the fedex site was slow to update, and then transferred over to USPS which updated a day after the fact every step of the way. It states my delivery was delivered the day I left, although neither USPS or Bluefly has been able to supply me with documentation. I reached out to both USPS and Bluefly and have heard back from neither. Despite reaching out to bluefly and them telling me to give it 5 days (on April 25) I have heard radio silence since. So I'm out $400 on two items I've never laid an eye on and have had zero help from them since reaching out. Last time. I'd stay away.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi B.K.

fayiza
5/1/17

They don't ship nothing on time. Don't expect your stuff to arrive before at least 10 days . They cancel items without letting you know. And they send wrong items when they don't have the stuff you order . Stay away from them . You won't be satisfied with these bastards.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Fayiz,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience.

russellb56
4/19/17

I ordered a chair with chrome legs that bluefly had dropped shipped from the manufacture. The chair came with wood legs and the company wanted me to install two chrome legs as a solution I wanted to return the chair but Bluefly refused to allow the return. They said all sales final...even though they didn't deliver what was described and ordered. Im out $1000 ..im taking this company to small claims court.
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BLUEFLY. IF YOUR ORDER IS WRONG THEY WILL NOT STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL YOU OR DROP SHIP TO YOU.

As everyone can see bluefly responds to this site with some disingenuous request to please email them privately ...after one or two emails with a promise to have a resolution they go silent. EVERYONE BEWARE THAT THE RESPONSES YIU SEE FROM BLUEFLY IN THIS SITE MEAN NOTNING....just more unethical behavior.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Russell,

I am sorry to hear about what has happened.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
marinag15
4/17/17

Before you buy, take a minute to compare Bluefly prices with other designer store online websites.. A pair of Fendi sunglasses that is advertised as ....% off is cheaper FULL Price at Bergdorf Goodman.. same with Tod's sandals - they are offered at full price at Bluefly, just peel off a tag that covers original price. The sandals I ordered were @ 330EU original price which is about 400 USD on Bluefly, and they claim they are 50% off or 700 USD...I will never purchase from this site again.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Marina,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write this valuable feedback.

Bluefly offers our customers upscale, highly curated product at great prices and though our prices will not always be the lowest in the market they should never be advertised as discounted if the same style is being sold full price at a different retailer and is cheaper. This is not something we would ever stand behind so if you have a style number that you can provide me with, our merchandising team can review. The Todd sandals convert to approximately $350USD however if they are being sold full price elsewhere at the same price as Bluefly, again, we would very much appreciate the style number and your order number so that we can look in to this. Please feel free to PM us with this information.
peggyn4
4/9/17

I just ordered a dress from Bluefly and regrettably checked the reviews of this site after I had placed the order. Shocked that this company does not respond to the vast number of negative reviews it receives. Hoping that my experience prompts me to write a positive review to refute some of the serious complaints against this site. I think the lack of HUMAN phone support for customers is the worst of all grievances - and no reason for it. Fingers crossed that I can follow this statement up with a favorable review of the site.

lucya26
4/4/17

I ordered 4 pairs of shoes from Bluefly and three have arrived but the fourth one has not. My online account says the missing pair have been delivered to another address. I have sent numerous requests via email and tried to call during the last two weeks and have had no response. I am very disappointed with their service, and will not be purchasing from them again.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Lucy, we are very sorry to hear that you experienced issues with a missing pair of shoes. Please private message us your email address and order number so that we can escalate this to Customer Service immediately. Thank you for your patience.
brettc20
4/3/17

I've been a long time BlueFly customer and I'm incredibly disappointed with my recent experiences. I returned 2 items which FedEx reports was received by BF's Shepardsville, KY facility on 2/23. I emailed flyrep@bluefly.com on 03/24 and 0/31 about a refund and still no reply. I wish I had seen these reviews before my orders... but I had been a customer too many years for it to be a concern. The Bluefly rep responding on this site is helpful and helped get my refund.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Brett, we are very sorry to hear that you experienced issues with receiving a refund for your return. Please private message us your email address and order number so that we can escalate this to Customer Service immediately. Thank you for your patience.
robertj209
4/2/17

I love shopping online because my schedule makes it difficult to shop in stores. But due to my travel schedule, I may not see my shipment for a couple weeks after delivery. I can't find the number of days to return online....it is very ambiguous and makes me feel they are hiding it on purpose. And when I try to call the number on the shipping insert (also with absolutely no information about returns or any indication that they care whether I'm satisfied or not) it's almost impossible to get through. What kind of online shopping doesn't offer customer service on the weekend in the middle of the day? I'm giving 2 stars for the history of items that I've loved, but the service has become horrible and too inflexible to be a good place to shop. Too bad.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Robert, we are sorry that you had issues trying to contact us. Can you provide your order number and email address so we can expedite your question?
laurenj32
3/27/17

I ordered some Sperry's since my dog ate mine. They were limited edition and hard to find when they were in season last season, and nearly impossible to find now. I found them at Bluefly for $40 (I paid $90 last season) and figured it was worth the risk at that price since I saw some iffy reviews. I got them within a week and they were exactly what I expected. I am very happy with my order.

martinak8
3/25/17

I am a long time customer of Bluefly, and until now, never had a problem. Historically, I was always able to return items and to speak with a customer service rep when I had questions. Something has changed terribly with this site. There now seems to be no customer service at all. I hadn't ordered anything in many months, but ordered several dresses about a month back. Delivery of merchandise was fine, but when one of the dresses didn't fit the way I expected, I initiated a return on the same day (I had a 21 day window) and was instructed that I would get an e-mail with my return label. After a few days with no e-mail from Bluefly, I logged on and saw that there was an error in my process for return and that I needed to contact a customer service representative. Since that time, all attempts at communicating with Bluefly have been fruitless. Multiple e-mails have not been returned. And you cannot get anyone on the phone at all! I even tried calling the corporate number in New York to see if I could just get a human being, but that number doesn't seem to connect to any humans at all. What happened to this wonderful site? Did it change ownership or management? I just don't get it.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Martina, we are so sorry you had issues with trying to contact us. Can you provide me your order number, email & phone number so we can escalate this issue internally? Thank you!
289 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I would never buy again. Their customer service is the worst, and I needed to file a claim from both Amazon and American Express to get my issue resolved. It took two months to receive refund, and that was after many many calls, no response or call backs from bluefly. I would never purchase again, especially big ticket items.

By Argie A.

Hi Nancy, Thank you for reaching out to us and we can definitely look into this for you! Can you please private message us your best method of contact so a member can reach out and assist you? Hope to hear from you soon and thanks again. -Bluefly Team

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Bluefly is not an authorized retailer and I have personally received knockoff designers items from Bluefly in the past (and never been refunded due to dishonest business practices). Do not purchase high-end designer goods from this retailer as they do not guarantee authenticity.

By Bethany F.

Hi Cam, Bluefly does not sell fake goods and any products not sold as Pre Owned should arrive like new. We take authenticity seriously so if you feel that the item is fake, I encourage you to contact Customer Service with images so that we can investigate. If the bag is sold as new (not Pre Owned) and it arrives damaged, again, please contact Customer Service immediately with images. I hope this helps!

US$$

By Mike W.

Hi Anna, Thank you for taking the time to reach out! Please rest assured, we offer only the best brand names and highest quality goods. We proudly stand behind all of our products' authenticity. If you have any concerns or need shopping assistance, please feel free to private message us...we'd be more than happy to help! Thanks again.

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Hi Jason, We are excited that you are are interested in ordering something from Bluefly! Our customers are incredibly important to us and we appreciate your feedback and concern. If you don't feel comfortable ordering online you can private message us your best method of contact so a Bluefly member can reach out to you directly. Thank you for reaching out to us and we hope to hear from you soon. Additionally we recommend that you check out our reviews on BizRate where we have over 1,500 reviews or Stella Service. Bizrate Page: http://ow.ly/N8PkJ -Bluefly Team

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Hello Scott, Since 1998, Bluefly has been a fashion industry pioneer. We offer the finest designer handbags, shoes, fine jewelry and more at the absolute best value. We proudly stand behind every piece we sell and guarantee the authenticity 100% with our vendors. We understand that there have been growing pains and hiccups like several other retailers sometimes we do drop the ball. We do our best to compensate for these rare situations, but they do happen. We will be having several upgrades to our site soon, I look forward to more positive reviews in the future. We thank you for your interest. Yours Kindly, Bluefly Customer Service

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

They are absolutely not authentic. Do not purchase shoes from this retailer.

By Bethany F.

Hi Leslie, If the bag is used, the description will state this information. I hope this helps!

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Bluefly staff and other customers.

12 Photos for Bluefly