Review of Bluefly

flyrep@bluefly.com
2018 Customer choice award

dianeb172
11/8/17

Bluefly's service is fine unless you want to return. There is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER. You must email. Eventually, with persistence, you will hear from another party who will contact Bluefly on your behalf. The charge is $25.00 for the service. There is NO other way to make a return. I finally, and begrudgingly, paid the money. Eventually, I was sent an email telling me to return the (expensive) garment. Wait. Finally, I was reimbursed. I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN. If you buy something, consider it a final sale unless you wish to go through misery for a couple of weeks of persistence until the method is determined. Agony.

jennys104
11/7/17

If you are reading this and have not bought from Bluefly yet, PLEASE CONSIDER USING ANOTHER SITE as it's definitely not worth the risk! I really regret buying from them and wished I had read the reviews here before ordering. Thanks in advance for reading this long write-up.

Firstly, it took several days to place my order as Bluefly had just started accepting international orders and had technical difficulties processing this via their site. I was fine with this as their rep replied to my emails in a prompt & proactive manner, plus it seemed fair that a new service would not be at 100% yet. I was just happy that the item was still available after the 3-4 day delay and my order was finally accepted on 19 Sept.

The REAL PROBLEMS started after emailing them (12 Oct) about the whereabouts of my parcel as it had not arrived and a self-tracking service had not been offered.

A new rep finally responded on 19 Oct. She had contacted their overseas delivery service and concluded that the order was lost, therefore a full refund was promised.

This all seemed ok until checking my credit card statement, I was surprised to see TWO charges for the same amount (both processed on 6 Oct), but only ONE refund for the same amount (8 Oct) from Bluefly ... where did the extra charge come from??

What followed was repeated unsuccessful attempts to clarify the new issue with their "customer services" team. Between us, there has been a staggering total of 17 emails + 2 calls to date ... and don't even get me started on their painful call waiting times or having to send numerous follow-up emails!

More frustratingly, they have implied the misunderstanding was at my end and were not willing to look into things further. So, I called my credit card company to clarify Bluefly's activities in case, and they've confirmed I had indeed paid the same amount twice but had only been refunded the same amount once.

It was clear Bluefly had put through an additional unapproved charge on my card and the error was on their end.

Armed with this new info, I called Bluefly at the start of their business day to speak with my email rep to resolve things quickly (as previously instructed if I still had further inquiries). She was busy on another call, so her colleague took down my details as "they could not" transfer me, which is frankly surprising in this day and age.

I was assured she would call me back despite being based overseas, he even said "I am personally walking over & putting your message on her desk (now)". I even emailed her directly afterwards so she would know I was expecting a call, as well as repeated my contact details, outlined what my credit card company had said, and even suggested to align on a time to discuss if easier due to time zone differences...

It's been 2 business days and she has yet to call back or acknowledge receipt of my message or email as requested.

Yet another brush off...anyway, I've had enough time wasted by Bluefly as they clearly don't care about customer service. It is especially scary how they can charge whatever they want to your credit card and refuse any responsibility for it. Instead, I will be putting a fraudulent claim via my credit card company (like the many others here), and hope to get my money back soon.

Tip for consumers: Stay away and double check your credit card statement for unapproved charges

natashah38
11/4/17

Ordered some UGGS Boots for my daughter for making straight "A's". She received them today and was very excited until she opened the box to see they were damaged. Looks like Bleached was splashed on them. Today is Saturday, I pray this will be an easy process to return. I wish I would have found this site before I ordered from this damn site! Will keep everyone posted!

nimetsl
11/4/17

I recently purchased 2 pairs of shoes; Kate Spade synthetic slingback sandals for $55 and Tods lace ballerinas for $163. Walmart has the Kate Spade sandals for $40 and Bonanza has the Tods ballerinas for $105.

kimf87
10/28/17

I have been trying to return items. Once you submit the return ( which I did) you are to receive an email with the return label. I have not received the email and I have emailed customer service 4 times. I will be disputing through Visa.

pennyl24
10/11/17

I was looking for a deal on some rain boots and found a pair for $76.99 on bluefly. I immediately found a better offer and emailed them within the hour to cancel my order. They emailed me back to say that do not price match. I said fine then please cancel my order. They said it was too far in the process to be cancelled. Really??? How difficult is it to email the vendor within an hour to cancel the order? There is no number to call and speak to anyone so I had to research the number. I called and spoke to a Rep who confirmed the above. I said that I really wish I wouldn't have ever placed the order and will have to pay to ship it back in order to get $13.65 difference back. What a complete hassle. I asked for a return call back from a Manager and will be very surprised if I actually receive one. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT purchase from Bluefly.com. There are way more reputable customer oriented, price matching websites out there. Lesson learned.

denisew90
9/14/17

I am so very pleased with this site. My very first experience with buying a pair of shoes led me to want more and more. It has left me with an insatiable appetite. And I've told all of my friends and colleagues.

In regards to some of the negative comments, I feel so bad because I have no complaints, I am overly impressed and look forward to a long lasting relationship.

nunol2
9/8/17

I bought a pair of rayban sunglasses two months ago $130 and one of the screw in the lens come loose and I lost it.I called customer service and the only thing that they will do for me is give me $10 for the inconvenience....how stupid is this

ulyanaf
9/7/17

This has got to be the worst site to shop on! Every time I have tried to place an order it got cancelled because the item was unavailable. Recently I placed an order and received confirmation that my item was shipped. Once I received my order the shoe box had the correct size on it but the shoes inside were 3 sizes bigger. I contacted customer service via email and received a response 3 days later without any resolution. The response was that I received the correct item. I then took a screenshot of my order confirmation with the correct size I ordered and sent it back to customer service. This time I received a response immediately (which was nice) however, the rep told me that their system shows a different size than my email confirmation showed. I will be sending the item back and needless to say, will NEVER SHOP there again!!!

irinal8
9/1/17

I was looking to buy a Longchamp bag for my daughter and found a good price on this website. I should have read the reviews first. I felt that the web site was not very user friendly, as I struggled with inputting different shipping and billing addresses because my daughter lives in another state. I double and tripped checked before placing the order. I knew something fishy was going on when I received an order confirmation with the order number only and without my name, address, or any order detail. I went on the website to check the details and was horrified to see that the shipping address was not my daughter's, but mine plus my daughter's apartment number slammed to my address (I live in a single house). It is Friday night now. Their chat does not work and the customer service keeps banker's hours (M-F, 9-5 EST). I am going on a week long trip early tomorrow morning and callings the customer service to figure things out is the last thing I want to do. I have sent the e-mail requesting the correction. I am very unhappy and feel sorry I used this website. If they ship this item to my address, it will cost me $15 to ship it to my daughter or fight with these sharks to get my money returned. Ouch!

janep74
8/12/17

I ordered 3 pairs of Taryn Rose shoes on 6/26/17. I received the shoes on 7/12/17. Information in the package stated one pair of shoes was "final sale:non-returnable". I was surprised since this information had not been on the website and not in the confirming email. When I called Bluefly customer service, they said this was an error. I returned all 3 pairs of shoes since none fit which was surprising since I always wear Taryn Rose shoes. I doubted these were actually Taryn Rose shoes. I shipped the shoes back on 7/18/17 using Fed Ex Ground using the BF label. It is 8/12/17 and I still have not heard from BF nor have I been issued a credit. I had to contact my Visa card to dispute this charge. Don't buy from this company!!!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Jane,

I am sorry to hear about your experience.

Please private message us your order number and we can look in to the matter of refunding your return.
clayc17
8/10/17

This is the first time that I have ordered from Bluefly, and after I ordered I read a lot of negative reviews. So I was a little skeptical on the outcome. I have to say that the item I ordered was at a great price, shipped in a timely manner (faster than Off 5th and Last Call that I order from fairly often), the item was authentic, and new with labels. For my first order I have zero complaints.

quincyg8
8/9/17

I ordered a pre-owned Louis Vuitton bag, and the next day received an shipping confirmation email from Bluefly with the incorrect item in the email. I called customer services and the rep I spoke with was not the most pleasant and had quite an attitude with me - also, he didn't provide any guidance aside form emailing me a return label. After this call, I was pretty irate and left a negative review of Bluefly on SiteJabber. A manager at Bluefly, Belinda, got in contact with me and after a few hours reached back again -she indicated that she had done some digging and it seemed that the Bluefly SKU was wrong causing the email to show a different item, but that the correct item had shipped. Yesterday, I received the correct item, and it was exactly the item/condition I'd ordered. I am very appreciative of this manager - she was cordial and extremely helpful. I can't say the process was without stress.

Tip for consumers: Just don't

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Quincy,

I am terribly sorry to hear about your recent experience with us!

We would like to address both issues with our marketplace partner and with the customer service rep you spoke to.

Do you mind replying with your order number or, if you prefer, sending it as a private message?

brendap58
8/5/17

I ordered a pair of Swarovski sunglasses. I was pleased with how fast I received them. The glasses however appear too flimsy and I did not received a Swarovski eyeglass case as depicted on the website. This site is questionable and I don't think I will order from them again.

Tip for consumers: Buyer Beware!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Brenda,

Thank you for getting in touch and providing feedback.

Bluefly prides itself on the quality of its merchandise and does not sell reproductions. Every marketplace partner we work with has undergone a thorough control check to meet the highest standards of excellence. Since 1998, Bluefly has guaranteed the authenticity and condition of every item sold so that customers can purchase products with complete confidence.

Please can I ask you to email flyrep@bluefly.com with images so that we can investigate this for you.

We look forward to hearing from you.
coleenl3
8/2/17

Customer Service was terrible. They could not locate my order for days despite having an order # and my mailing address and email address. Then refused to return the item (21 days is not long enough for returns)and were not helpful about it at all. Would not buy from them again when there are so many other retailers on-line.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Coleen,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience.

Please private message us your order number and details so we can look into this further for you.

nr42
7/28/17

I ordered something and they delivered me something else and the price difference between the tow items is huge ! and they delivered it without even the bill

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi N.R,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience.

Please private message us your order number and details so we can look in to this for you and address the matter with our marketplace partner.

quanj
7/28/17

I called them to request a return if I can get store credit. They told me the manager said no because it's outside the return window time. I get it and at least I tried I told her thank you. Then she just straight hang up on me. What a rude communication!

Will not come back for anything or spend a dime! Go somewhere else people who actually can do a basic kind communication with thank you and you are very welcome.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Quan,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience.

I have been able to locate the call recording and will address this matter.

Thank you for providing the feedback!
joannek31
7/28/17

Purchased a dress and returned it the next business day. Didn't receive any notification that the return was received (good thing I had the tracking information) and they still have not issued the credit. Holding on to a customers money and not issuing a credit for 7-10 days after they received it back is totally unacceptable. Beware if you need to return anything to Bluefly

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Joanne,

Do you mind private messaging us your details, including email address and order number so we can look into this for you?

thomasa102
7/25/17

Bought a pair of Gucci flip flops and I got to say, shipping is so slow. It pushed my delivery date back two days to travel up north just a little bit and back south. Literally no point in doing that. It has also been in one state for FOUR days!!! like what the heck!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Thomas,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I am unable to speak for the carrier's routing of your shipment however standard shipping takes 4-8 business. If your package is not delivered within that time frame, please let me know as soon as possible.

Enjoy your new purchase!
melindac25
7/24/17
• Updated review

Yes, someone did respond to my DM- significantly after I sent it. I was asked for my email and/or order number. I provided the necessary info and never heard back. So, yes. They responded to me, but what good is it if the response was a request for more information and then never followed up with me after the info was provided? Worthless! Really. I submitted my fraud claim to my bank. It was handled immediately and now it is between Bluefly and my bank. My guess is that Visa will eventually refuse to do business with Bluefly, since my bank expressed there have been multiple complaints regarding this operation. I learned my lesson and will never do business with Bluefly again- and strongly discourage anyone I know to do so. Nothing but a headache and a lot of wasted time!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Melinda,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Again, I have confirmed with our Social team they did respond on July 13 and were waiting for your reply. I also note that you emailed our Customer Service team and they confirmed on July 10 that the refund had been processed.

If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.
“Bluefly Rep's Instagram Responses Are All Talk”
7/14/17
• Previous review

Update: After the Bluefly representative that responded to my concern on this site (dress returned a month ago and still no refund!) and directed me to DM Bluefly is all talk. I did DM and stil haven't gotten a response to the DM! Still no refund or way to communicate with Bluefly. Though bluefly seems to respond to these reviews, it doesn't seem like there is any action behind them.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Melinda,

Our social team just confirmed they responded to your message on July 13 and asked you to provide them your order number. Please can I ask that you double check?
“Nightmare! Takes your money and runs!”
7/8/17
• Previous review

Ordered a dress and returned it the next day. That was 3 weeks ago and still no refund. Phones are turned off, emails don't get responded to and chat never works. So frustrating! Will turn to Bank of America to put in a fraudulent claim. Luckily I insured it and have the tracking info...the dress arrived there 2 days after I returned it! Stay far away!!!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Melinda,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience and can understand your frustration. To confirm, our phones are on and operate Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm EST.

kimt99
7/22/17

I bought 2 items a watch and a purse. I was very excited but was horrified and needless to say mad as hell when they arrived. First off the things they will send you don't look even near to the picture they present in their website, 2nd most items they would not list the dimensions on their website on the item descriptions, so you figured i ordered a watch first when arrived it was clearly a refurbished watch, 2nd it was HUGE, and didnt look at all at what the put in the pic (It was the Aquaswiss G swissport), just HORRIBLE. The purse I ordered didnt have the dimensions either listed when arrived it was a purse made for midgets or toddlers because what thought it was gonna be a real life size purse turned out to be a toy purse.. so you imagine my deception after first time buying in this website. when I emailed costumer service they told me I couldn't return the watch (the most expensive item) because it was a final sale! seriously?? so my advice to you if you shop here go on your own risk and be prepared to be disappointed.. thats all I can said. As far as my money they would not have it never again.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Kim,

tamarik1
7/10/17

The website had a huge problem. Ordered a shirt they sent me three of them and sent the order to the old address. Now they are giving me hard time to return them.
Does anyone know general return address?

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Tamari,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience and can understand your frustration. We do not have a general returns address as we are a marketplace and work with many different vendors.

cr3714
7/4/17

This company will send you the wrong product and then argue with you and hassle you about returning it.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi CR,

Do you mind private messaging us your details, including email address and order number we can look into this for you?

jeffs243
7/3/17

After reading the reviews on this site I was questioning the order I placed with Bluefly.
Fortunately I had a great experience with the purchase of my Maui Jim sunglasses.
Price was 25% less than retail. Package was delivered one day earlier than anticipated, in brand new condition.

I'll definitely be shopping here again.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Enjoy your new sunglasses and thank you for shopping with us!
tammyd54
7/1/17

I purchased a $300 belt which did not fit. I returned it with the return shipping label provided by bluefly on 6/21/17...To date I have still not received my refund. I have emailed bluefly with no response...Reading these reviews I am now afraid I may never get my money back. I will never order from them again.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Tammy,

Do you mind private messaging us your details, including email address and order number and I can have our CS team look into this for you?

289 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I would never buy again. Their customer service is the worst, and I needed to file a claim from both Amazon and American Express to get my issue resolved. It took two months to receive refund, and that was after many many calls, no response or call backs from bluefly. I would never purchase again, especially big ticket items.

By Argie A.

Hi Nancy, Thank you for reaching out to us and we can definitely look into this for you! Can you please private message us your best method of contact so a member can reach out and assist you? Hope to hear from you soon and thanks again. -Bluefly Team

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Bluefly is not an authorized retailer and I have personally received knockoff designers items from Bluefly in the past (and never been refunded due to dishonest business practices). Do not purchase high-end designer goods from this retailer as they do not guarantee authenticity.

By Bethany F.

Hi Cam, Bluefly does not sell fake goods and any products not sold as Pre Owned should arrive like new. We take authenticity seriously so if you feel that the item is fake, I encourage you to contact Customer Service with images so that we can investigate. If the bag is sold as new (not Pre Owned) and it arrives damaged, again, please contact Customer Service immediately with images. I hope this helps!

US$$

By Mike W.

Hi Anna, Thank you for taking the time to reach out! Please rest assured, we offer only the best brand names and highest quality goods. We proudly stand behind all of our products' authenticity. If you have any concerns or need shopping assistance, please feel free to private message us...we'd be more than happy to help! Thanks again.

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Hi Jason, We are excited that you are are interested in ordering something from Bluefly! Our customers are incredibly important to us and we appreciate your feedback and concern. If you don't feel comfortable ordering online you can private message us your best method of contact so a Bluefly member can reach out to you directly. Thank you for reaching out to us and we hope to hear from you soon. Additionally we recommend that you check out our reviews on BizRate where we have over 1,500 reviews or Stella Service. Bizrate Page: http://ow.ly/N8PkJ -Bluefly Team

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Hello Scott, Since 1998, Bluefly has been a fashion industry pioneer. We offer the finest designer handbags, shoes, fine jewelry and more at the absolute best value. We proudly stand behind every piece we sell and guarantee the authenticity 100% with our vendors. We understand that there have been growing pains and hiccups like several other retailers sometimes we do drop the ball. We do our best to compensate for these rare situations, but they do happen. We will be having several upgrades to our site soon, I look forward to more positive reviews in the future. We thank you for your interest. Yours Kindly, Bluefly Customer Service

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

They are absolutely not authentic. Do not purchase shoes from this retailer.

By Bethany F.

Hi Leslie, If the bag is used, the description will state this information. I hope this helps!

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Bluefly staff and other customers.

12 Photos for Bluefly