Review of Bluefly

flyrep@bluefly.com
2018 Customer choice award

pm137
8/21/18

I purchased 2 pr of shoes from blueflly. This did not fit properly so I proceeded to try to get in touch with them. It took me a week before I finally reached someone and at that point she informs me that my return time is 14 days from the arrival date. She said I was 2 days over but would take care of it. I returned the shoes within 2 hrs of speaking with her and was expecting $60 minus the 7.95 fee for shipping. Instead I was issued credit for $22.05. I have now tried for days to get in touch with them again DO NOT PURCHASE FROM BLUEFLY....... I WILL ONLY USE ZAPPOS! NO RESTOCK FEE, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, 365 DAYS TO RETURN.... THANKS TO PAYPAL THEY ARE TAKING CARE OF THIS FOR ME.

milaniec
7/22/18

I ordered three products from this site and only one arrived. The first time I called, the CS agent hung up on me. The second time, the hold time was over 10 minutes. No one answered and I hung up. My email has gone unanswered. I had to contact people through Linkedin. Several weeks later I see a partial refund on my credit card, after the company publicly states that they couldn't find my order. Then, they post my PERSONAL INFORMATION on public website. A retaliatory, unprofessional and illegal practice. Yet another example of how ridiculous Bluefly.com is. Stay way. Tell your friends. Read the over abundance of negative reviews.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hello Milanie,

Thank you so very much for your message and great feedback. I am so terribly sorry at the level or service you have experienced.
I have reached out to you privately so we may look into the issues you have stated above in an effort to resolve them as soon as possible. I look forward to your reply.

Bluefly Customer Service
rubyg32
6/10/18

Bought Saint Laurent bag from bluefly. When it arrived, the bag came with box, dust bag. The bag is new and authentic. The biggest problem was it didn't came with an authenticity card. Contacted customer service, they said since they got the bag from another company (rue lala), there's no way for them to get the card. That lowers the value of the bag. I didn't return the bag since it's authentic and bought it for a really good price.

sashal12
6/8/18

The worst experience ever! I wish I have read the revies before I bought the goods, just the idea of checking out every online retailer I wanted to use never occurred to me till now.
NEVER NEVER NEVER BUY from BLUEFLY, please! you will save both your money and your time.
To return the goods is virtually impossible. The process of returning, which is so courteously explained online, doesnt work. You get the error message right from the start.
The customer service phone number is a hoax. Answering machine tells you BS about «unusual customer calls volume whatever option you choose and if you are stubborn enough to wait for 20+ minutes it simply offers you to leave a message. No way to get back to these people with your returns and exchanges. It is a TOTAL FRAUD!

alicel77
4/19/18

Be careful when you buy any final sale items from Bluefly. I bought a pair of boots that was marked as FINAL SALE. It was advertised as NEW, but when it arrived, it was already worn!! The bottom of the shoes had some dirt and looked being worn several times. The tag was detached, and the box was all nasty. I contacted customer service, and explained that the boots wasn't the same as advertised, but they kept telling me that the item was marked as FINAL, and because of this reason, the item was NON-RETURNABLE! I have never experienced such a horrible service like Bluefly. This was my second purchase from them, and I will NEVER RETURN.

kathyl126
4/18/18

I checked out as a guest. The shoes came and I did not like the style. This evening, I tried to generate my return label and entered my order # and email address, and then the website said "Oops, that page does not exist". Then I tried to create an account with my email, the website then showed "ERROR". I will call customer service tomorrow morning.

emilyj93
4/17/18

I had heard Bluefly was a reputable company, so when I was asked to help a friend find the perfect engagement ring for his girlfriend, I found the perfect one on Bluefly for him! He loved it, and I ordered it for him on March 14, 2018. It took one day to verify my billing information and the shipping information (to another friend's house in the same town as my friend) which was expected.

Then the issues began in what became a horrendous saga of drama over what should have been a simple process. I heard nothing from Bluefly for 7 days. On March 21, I called their customer service center for an update. It turns out the ring had been shipped on March 20, and no one had updated the order record. The item arrived on March 22nd. It was the correct ring setting. IT WAS THE WRONG STONE! The center stone was supposed to be a dark blue sapphire. Instead, it was a teal stone. NOT THE SAME STONE as was shown on the website. My friend was extremely upset- this was not the ring for proposing to his girlfriend!

I immediately contacted customer supported and reached Elena, an assistant manager, who took the pictures I sent her and contacted the vendor to resolve the issue immediately. The vendor sent a return label on March 23, and the ring was sent back on March 23.

I had to reach out to Elena and/or the customer service center every single day for an update. They did not reach out to me with updates proactively.

On March 27, I received an update from Elena that the item should arrive that day back to the vendor and she would personally make sure that the right stone was put into the ring and shipped out with expedited shipping within 1-2 days back to my friend.

On March 28, the friend who was the shipping address person (not ME- the PURCHASER) was left a voicemail that the order had been refunded!! I was not notified and had my friend not checked her voicemails for any reasons, we would have had no idea that this had happened. I was not called, emailed, or contacted in any way. NOT WHAT WAS NEEDED! When I contacted Elena to find out what had happened, I was handled by Michael, a customer service representative whose response was to reorder the item. This was on March 29, and Elena would personally make sure it was sent out immediately. However, the price of the ring had now increased from $458.09 to $503.99. There was no way on earth that we were going to pay MORE for a ring that had been WRONG EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. My friend needed the right ring immediately for an out of the country proposal and was legitimately extremely upset, as was I, as the entire ring cost was still on my credit card, and we had no ring to show for all of this hassle.

I will NEVER do business with Bluefly ever again and I strongly discourage anyone from ever working with them. This was completely ridiculous. I ordered a ring. I should have gotten that ring. Easy. That's the entire purpose of the company. No customizing, nothing special, size 7, ring, as pictured on the website.

The vendor somehow got my information and called me by accident on 3/29. I was able to get things sorted out directly with the vendor (THANK GOODNESS) because Bluefly was not going to be able to get this done at all for me.

Then on 4/4, I finally got my refund back on my credit card.... for the incorrect amount based on what I paid Bluefly for the ring in the first place!!! WHAT???!!! We'll see how long it takes for something this "difficult" to get resolved.... at least the ring got sorted out by the vendor. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company as I will never deal with Blueflys customer service department again. Bluefly's customer service was reprehensible at best and atrocious at worst. Do not trust this company to handle anything with accuracy or efficiency. In todays world, there are other options. I urge you to seek other companies and save yourself the time and headache.

elainet48
4/11/18

I wish I could give them 0 star. I placed an order with 12 items and then I returned within 14 days of delivery 10 out of the 12 items. Then I started seeing multiple refunds going through my credit card account without seeing a separate notification email from the company instructing what items were being refunded, not to say any detailed invoice about the items returned. It turned out the company didn't calculate the refund amount correctly and deducted the shipping costs 10 times while they should have only deducted it once. I reached out to the customer service representative once and asked for the details about the returns. All I got is an email with an incorrect total amount without any further details. I called again later and this time an extremely rude representative (his name is Michael), who didn't let me finish what I was complaining about and hung out on me. I called back and reached to the very first representative I talked to last time (his name is Jamal) and he also hung up abruptly without giving me a proper response. I called the corporate office number and no one at the front desk picked up the phone. I actually reached out to the CEO on linkedin and I'm curious what will happen next. But anyway, this is the worst ever online shopping experience I have ever had and I do not want to deal with them any more in the future. And I'd like to let the world know that the most concerning part is you are dealing with a merchant who doesn't know who to foot the bills/do the maths.

nadiak20
4/10/18

I gave Bluefly another chance after so many disappointments and boy did they not disappoint on being the worst company ever!
After 2 freaking weeks of waiting for my order i finally received my shoes in the wrong size!
Now, as i suspected, i could not get in touch with their customer service again! After having waited for half an hour on the phone, despite promised 4 min, they just hang on me!
How is it that they're still in business?? I think i should report them to a Better Business Burea! I really want to see them go down once and for all!

laruenf
3/27/18

i ordered a pair of size 9 shoes. they took over 10 days to ship, and when they finally arrived, they were the complete wrong size. i called customer service and they didn't even apologize and the representative jackie refused to let me speak with a manager. i pressed her to put me on with a manager, and she said she could take my number down and promised someone would call me back that night. no one from management ever called me.

horrible customer service, and incompetent service.

jonii
3/9/18

I ordered three expensive dresses that need to be returned or exchanged for a larger size. No return slip is ever included in Bluefly orders so you have to follow their return protocol which is time consuming and seems to not be working. I have an online account but when I click on my order history it is unavailable and has been so for the past 3 days. I wrote an email to customer service over 48 h ago and no response and there is no number to call. I guess I am stuck with these dresses and will not be ordering from BF again in the future and will tell everyone I know not to do so as well.

kareln
2/23/18

I was worried after I read the reviews here, but I made a gut choice and tried it. I ordered Dior sunglasses (collection S2015) for USD250, which is far better than I ever expected, the original price ranging two years ago from USD650-800. I got them today - an authentic, Italian, Safilo made product in the matching brand boxes, incl. the brand cleaning cloth and instructions.

I believe you guys their customer sevice sucks and I am happy I don't have to return the item. But my simple experience with just getting what I wanted for the right price is excellent. And honestly, I don't usually write reviews online..

amyg145
2/13/18

Bluefly is one of the worst online sales companies I have ever experienced. They charged me for an order they cancelled bc it was out of stock. Then continued to tell me the order was still coming and thats why I got charged, despite an email from them saying it was cancelled. They also never sent me tracking info. The returns are also a nightmare. They dont tell you you will have to pay for both shipping to and from which is no refundable. So you end up eating $16. They claim to have designer discounts yet the prices are still so high despite selling out of season and discontinued product. Everything is also shipped ground so it takes nearly two weeks to arrive and returns will also take two weeks plus 10 plus days after for them to process. Customer service is a whole other issue. TERRIBLY RUN BUSINESS. STAY AWAY.

sepig
1/17/18

I ordered few items late in the evening, first thing next day i called about my order. Reason was the night before the site wouldnt allow me to change my address so i called first thing in the morning to do so. The lady was very unhelpful. She said they cant change the address for security reasons; how is it we can call our credit card company/insurance/etc over the phone and verify our info but to do a change of address is a breach of security. Long story short my items will be delivered to an address from 7 years ago and i cant do much about it. Never shopping with them again.

bl1917
1/10/18

BEWARE! I ordered a wonderful set of high end (crystal) glasses from a very respected brand. What I received looked like the product-but from a no-name brand I'd never heard of. A quick Google search found the company but it was in no way was associated with the high end brand advertised on bluefly and the one I paid for. Finally got someone on the phone and I got some run around about well they are still a good value! Excuse me? Not what i ordered or paid for - but they made it seem like I should have been soooo greatful to get anything.
These were to be a special wedding gift - I ended up keeping them myself as it would have been frankly embarrassing to give these to my friends as they look like they could have been purchased at an outlet and not the respectable brand they were sold as. Will NEVER use this company again and will definitely tell others my story. BEWARE!

kevinv43
12/21/17

Ordered a nice suit and the item was not delivered on time. Bluefly blamed me for submitting the wrong address and the post office for not delivering it. Then, the wanted me to call the post office all day looking for the item. When it was finally delivered, it turned out that Bluefly had actually mis-printed the address label?

The best though, was when I tried to return it because it was two sizes two small. They said the item was non-returnable. However, neither the web-site, nor the receipt said the suit was non-returnable. I did not get their attention until I called my credit card and disputed the charge. Then all of a sudden they were interested.

carolk92
12/21/17

I bought the sweater wants from the local J. McLaughlin boutique store and misplaced it. It was $355 originally, I paid $99 on sale and almost a year later found it on blue fly for$84.99 plus shippino. It is the SAME EXACT SWEATER. Tag and all. I was grateful to find it since it's beautiful, wool blend, warm and fits all occasions. Even dog walking. Beautiful cream and black tweed that will enhance any wardrobe.

th8687
12/15/17

Just got my box of UGGs and upon opening the package, I could tell they were fake!
Between me and my kids, I have purchase 4 pairs in the last 2 years and can easily tell the difference!
What I received is a VERY good imitation - can easily fool someone, unless they know what they are looking for. The material is an excellent man-made imitation of sheep skin. but its FABRIC.
There is no security feature/QR code.
You could tell just looking at the box and opening it that it lacked the quality of an authentic UGG product!
I didn't waste any more time investigating.
Called Bluefly right away to complain and ask for a full refund.
They, of course, started arguing with me, telling me that all their vendors sell is authentic. Asked me for pictures so their vendor can investigate.

The service rep I spoke with, although not rude, came across as rather unprofessional. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told there wasn't one, he didn't know when one would be there and that even if there was, they would tell me the same thing.
I am disputing the transaction with my credit card company.
Not paying they return shipping fee, as I fund it ridiculous!

bethb87
12/8/17

Horrible! Customer Service promised a credit and didn't issue one. Aftet several emails back and forth, and 40 minutes on the 3rd phone call, they admitted their mistake but refused to issue the credit. They cheated me. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

brians335
12/5/17

Despite 10 days passing since a return was delivered and signed by Bluefly, got no email confirming the return was processing. Emailed customer service and heard back the next day stating they processed a refund that day. Took an email from me to process a refund. The response also stated that it will take 5-10 business days for the refund to post to my credit card. Been 10 business days and still don't see a credit. They are prompt in immediately billing your card when an order is placed. Terrible service. Will not shop with them again.

jenniferb122
12/3/17

This site practices deceptive sales practices. Received an order and wished to return as item. They claimed it was a final sale. I never remembered seeing that and there is no mention of it on their site. They refused to allow the return even though I provided them with the evidence. Will not trust them again.

jessicah204
12/1/17

Bluefly has a terrible system. They cancelled my order because the shipping address and the billing address were different. Then the shoes were no longer available so I couldn't get them. I called right away and they couldn't do anything about it. He told me to get shoes that weren't my size. He also couldn't explain why the order was cancelled. Terrible customer service.

karinab7
11/29/17

Ordered a diamond ring, which was way smaller than it was looking on the pictures. I returned it and ordered a more expansive one. Same issue, way to small. Did send it back. Than the nightmare startet! I got an e-mail, telling me, I wont get a refund, because the ring was not in the box, when they recieved it, attached a picture from the emty box! They accused me, Ive stolen the ring! So I answered, that it was in the box, when I delivered it at Fedex. And this picture, just ridiculous! Who knows, if they didt take it out? Or it got stolen on the way? So they told me, that I have to file a claim against Fedex. Ha? I answered, that thats not my problem, Blufly has to do it. No answer, but they sent me back the emty box! I will take a lawyer!

christinem174
11/17/17

I ordered a lower case diamond initial j necklace. I was unable to track my item using the bluefly website. They finally sent me a tracking number days after contacting them, which was pointless because it arrived the day they sent the tracking number. When I opened the package I discovered that they sent a completely different J initial necklace. The item I ordered was originally $440, but on sale for $350. They charged me the $440 price. Really disappointed with this site, I definitely wont be shopping here again!

shellh3
11/10/17

Im glad I made a purchase before reading the reviews. I got a little bit anxious about all the negative reviews. I got myself a pair of boots for such an amazing price. The item arrived 3 days earlier from the expected shipping date which was a nice surprice. The boots came with its original packaging and it looked perfect! No scuffs or any damages at all! They sent the correct size too. I am very satisfied with purchase and am definitely going to be a repeat costumer! Im telling my friends!

289 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I would never buy again. Their customer service is the worst, and I needed to file a claim from both Amazon and American Express to get my issue resolved. It took two months to receive refund, and that was after many many calls, no response or call backs from bluefly. I would never purchase again, especially big ticket items.

By Argie A.

Hi Nancy, Thank you for reaching out to us and we can definitely look into this for you! Can you please private message us your best method of contact so a member can reach out and assist you? Hope to hear from you soon and thanks again. -Bluefly Team

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Bluefly is not an authorized retailer and I have personally received knockoff designers items from Bluefly in the past (and never been refunded due to dishonest business practices). Do not purchase high-end designer goods from this retailer as they do not guarantee authenticity.

By Bethany F.

Hi Cam, Bluefly does not sell fake goods and any products not sold as Pre Owned should arrive like new. We take authenticity seriously so if you feel that the item is fake, I encourage you to contact Customer Service with images so that we can investigate. If the bag is sold as new (not Pre Owned) and it arrives damaged, again, please contact Customer Service immediately with images. I hope this helps!

US$$

By Mike W.

Hi Anna, Thank you for taking the time to reach out! Please rest assured, we offer only the best brand names and highest quality goods. We proudly stand behind all of our products' authenticity. If you have any concerns or need shopping assistance, please feel free to private message us...we'd be more than happy to help! Thanks again.

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Hi Jason, We are excited that you are are interested in ordering something from Bluefly! Our customers are incredibly important to us and we appreciate your feedback and concern. If you don't feel comfortable ordering online you can private message us your best method of contact so a Bluefly member can reach out to you directly. Thank you for reaching out to us and we hope to hear from you soon. Additionally we recommend that you check out our reviews on BizRate where we have over 1,500 reviews or Stella Service. Bizrate Page: http://ow.ly/N8PkJ -Bluefly Team

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Hello Scott, Since 1998, Bluefly has been a fashion industry pioneer. We offer the finest designer handbags, shoes, fine jewelry and more at the absolute best value. We proudly stand behind every piece we sell and guarantee the authenticity 100% with our vendors. We understand that there have been growing pains and hiccups like several other retailers sometimes we do drop the ball. We do our best to compensate for these rare situations, but they do happen. We will be having several upgrades to our site soon, I look forward to more positive reviews in the future. We thank you for your interest. Yours Kindly, Bluefly Customer Service

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

They are absolutely not authentic. Do not purchase shoes from this retailer.

By Bethany F.

Hi Leslie, If the bag is used, the description will state this information. I hope this helps!

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Bluefly staff and other customers.

12 Photos for Bluefly