Review of Blair

Tel: 1-800-821-5744
international@blair.com

hazelb37
12/31/18

I've purchased several articles of clothing from Blair. Their catalogs and website are so enticing, especially when they have sales. Unfortunately, their website and catalogs do not accurately reflect the clothing size. Although they readily accept merchandise returns, customers lose the shipping cost each time. After complaining that their merchandise was being returned solely because their sizing charts were grossly incorrect, skirts literally so large that they dropped to the floor, I was told that a customer who uses their return label will be incurring the 9.99 shipping cost.

When explaining to customer service that I would have been keeping the items had they been reflective of their advertising, they simply repeated their company's return mantra. It is unfortunate that this is how they treat their customers. I won't be shopping with any of the Blair companies again. Buyer beware.

megf13
11/11/18

I ordered some pants for my elderly mother and they were too small. I went from misses to women's sizes, but wanted them short. The sizing chart was not clear on how the size and length considerations overlap, so I called the company to get more information and reordered what I thought would fit my mother. But the second batch were not right either. I asked the company to pay for the return shipping based on the ambiguity, but that request was denied in a rude way. Talked to a supervisor who was also ungracious and dismissive. I will not order from this company again.

tamarad10
10/3/18

Another one where I wish I'd read the reviews. It was a month of trying new online shopping ventures. This was one of the mistakes. Like others have noted here, returning anything is a nightmare. Cancelling an order immediately after submission must be worse (though I was assured it was NOT an issue). Several phone calls (with promises of resolution but none forthcoming); Close to a dozen emails (with polite responses but no resolution, promises to pass it on AND another advising me to call PAYPAL or my bank for help); Two online chats with PAYPAL followed; after which, I notified BLAIR that hey had to VOID the order from their end. They told me to fax a statement from my bank showing the transaction was pending (I'd already sent a copy). . . It was finally resolved after I emailed them a copy of my chat from PAYPAL which provided instructions on how to process this sort of transaction. I finally got my refund today. Whew! I will stick with my usual vendors. I've been having good luck with Groupon lately. I'll save that review for later. :)

aliaam
9/6/18

They keep charging me every month $14.97 , I don't know what .for , I stopped ordering products a while ago, and I sent them a msg but no reply

russf20
8/10/18

ip ribbed mock: paper thin,mock would not go around neck ,flat to shoulders ,cheap,cheap,cheap. Never again. $10. to return 10 cent sweater

mikem1006
7/21/18

Going to cost you if you don't like what you ordered. I bought two pairs of shorts - cost with their mailing $62.37. Bad fit - I returned them the next day in their envelope with their mailing return bar code. What was credited back on my card? - $39.99!! - Called them - "Oh, you have to pay our mailing cost of $12.99 plus the return cost of $9.99!" (For some reason its cheaper to return them than mail them - LOL) They make their money on returns, not on their merchandise. Stay Away!!!

keilap
7/18/18

If there was zero stars I would make sure to give that to Blair. This company is terrible. I spent more than an hour trying to understand why I hadn't received my exchange. What did they tell me: we tried to reach you via email and you didn't respond. However, their emails NONE say to reply. So, what do the incredible people of Blair do? they decide to cancel my order and not tell me about it. This is suppose to be my mother and grandmother's Mother's Day gift. The "supervisor" says that he would waive my shipping and get it to me as soon as possible. A few minutes later what do I see on my card: full charge for expedite shipping. I still had to spend another 20 minutes trying to explain. It really isn't worth the time wasted with this company. I hope that the business bureau see what they are doing and that they don't treat their customers with respect.

patriciam501
7/6/18

They sent me the wrong item. When I contacted customer service they said someone would get back with me within 24-48 hours. That never happened and everything I call they say the same thing...be will get back with you within 24-48 hours. All I want at this point is a refund.

helenel14
6/16/18

Ive been buys from Blair for years. Recently I saw a dress, took my measurements and ordered the correct size (M). Im no small. When I got it it was so big in the chest even after I washed. It was on sale for $20. They wanted to charge me $10 to ship back. It was marked M. No amount of review would change that. They were rude. Said I only had two choices. Theyre shipping back or mine. I told them I had a 3rd choice. I closed my account.

sherrys146
5/1/18

The piece I ordered had an under piece and a dress that supposedy fit over. The under piece was alright but I couldn't even get the dress on over it. After reading a few reviews I will throw the pieces into the Goodwill and put my own negative review on the internet. It's easy to give free shipping and then send pieces that are not the same size so you can get extra money charging customers to send them back. I wonder how many times you have done this to increase your profit. Lousy customer service. I will make sure never to order from you again and tell anyone I know to be sure to steer clear of your company.

willied14
4/25/18

after reading many reviews, i took a chance anyway , bought a red denim shirt that i could not find anywhere else ,i was surprized at the seemingly good quality and perfect fit.wont know the true quality till i wash it a few times , but to be fair so far no problem with blair. Patrick

kathleenc105
4/23/18

When I first ordered items service was quick and although clothing is not the best, prices were good for every day wear.Since I got in their system,the service has gone downhill,wrong size sent, returned, item,charged $9.98 to return and another charge for correct size, which I still have not received.A nightmare to get to customer service by phone or email,Had to listen to sales pitch for their credit card, contest, hearing aid, medic alert and issue still not resolved,so frustrating,DO NOT USE THEM! Customer service was of no help!!

kathym227
4/13/18

Bought some shorts and they did not fit - EASY RETURNS. What they don't clearly state is they do not refund the original shipping (12.99) AND THEN they charge $9.99 to return the items! Threw away $23.00 in postage and a pair of shorts!

elsiem23
1/30/18

I want to update my review about Blair not giving me a refund.I was given credit for both outfits that i returnedfinally.And just want to post this update .im still not sure why it happened but glad its cleared up

susanm400
1/25/18

In today's e-commerce world, charging $9.99 for return postage, whether returning or exchanging is ridiculous. I would have exchanged my too-big pants for a smaller size, except--even with an exchange, the return postage charge still applies. I can go along with a small re-stocking fee on straight up returns, but not return postage. This is not competitive and is poor Customer Service. I would suggest going elsewhere to get a better exchange and return policy. Note to self: check return policies with new online retailers before ordering and getting ripped off.

jr292
1/16/18

I ordered a huge amount of clothes for my mother as a gift for Christmas. A month later in the New Year, my mom has yet to receive the clothes. I live in a different place then my mother so her name, her shipping address are different than my name and my billing address. So I called Blair. The customer service representative informed me that the order had been "flagged" because the shipping address was different than the billing address. She went on to say that they had sent me a letter in the mail. I never received a letter. Quite frankly, this is 2018. They have my email address and my phone number. They did not use either. So it seems that my order was in limbo and if I had never called them, I am guessing that my mother would have never received the items. There was no apology. I explained that this was a gift and that in 2017/2018 that many online clothing places will let a person order and ship anywhere. This is pretty standard. The customer service representative got pretty huffy with me and just asked if I still wanted the items processed. I explained I was pretty upset and was considering cancelling the whole order. The customer service representative basically didn't care. There was no offer of free shipping to send the items out straight away. There was no offer of even 10% off my next order. NOTHING. I am pretty dumbfounded. How is this place still in business?

elindam
10/24/17

I have never received such terrible customer service as I have today. The CSR agent actually argued with me! I asked her to speak with a Supervisor and she just kept talking and talking. I repeatedly asked her for a supervisor. I never got to talk to one and she ended up hanging up on me. Cut up my card and will never order from them again! Would advise anyone to stay away from them!!!

susanh292
9/25/17

Biggest bunch of junk I ever ordered.
Went back the very next day.
Watch out for shipping and return label fees.
Ripped offs

deborahc64
8/21/17

I have ordered from Blair a few times and my items arrived on time or early. Everything I have bought I was very happy with from dresses to sink floor mats to Mr. Lid Storage containers. I will be a lifer at blair.

celestel9
8/12/17

Bought a vest on clearance, seemed ok til I put my hand in the pocket and found a big hole! next order, they sent the wrong color and are charging me 9.99 to exchange it when they screwed it up in the first place!

jj307
7/20/17

I only use Blair because my elderly mother likes the clothes and can't go out to shop. They advertise codes and discounts that don't work, try to trick you into a bogus VIP program with promise of 15 $ off next order and promise gifts that you can't redeem, or are worthless. Really BAD business practices !!!

melissac161
5/30/17

I was sent a partial refund for an order and charged for shipping after I was told that I wouldn't be. The items I received wasn't as described the item I ordered was cargo shorts 20 inches long for a 6 foot 1 400lb male and the items I got was Jean shorts with 1 pocket that fit me a 5 ft 7 200lb female and was too short on me! I called customer service and was treated so rudely I will never order from this company again and will make sure to tell my family the same!

mm354
4/20/17

I have purchased clothing from Blair Clothing since 2014. Although their clothing is comparable in price in stores the convenience of receiving merchandise at your door is a plus. What I did not like is that although I did a trial of their VIP program I was unaware that there is no way to cancel this service. They automatically enroll you in the program which is supposed to give you free shipping but at a cost of $15 per month the saving are a wash unless you purchase something every week. When I attempted to cancel out of this service I received friendly assurances that this would take place but in reality all of this went to the wayside and I continue to be dunned for a program I tested in 2014. It is now 2017. which means it has cost me $720 during that time to save on 12 purchases. So it has cost me $60 in shipping in handling by participating in this program for each of the 12 purchases I made.

maryh62
4/9/17

I have ordered quite a few times for myself, sisters, niece. I have not ordered skirts or slacks but I can say for the tops and sweaters they do tend to run one size larger than most other sites. So for example if you normally wear a Misses large, I suggest to order a size medium. All my shipments have been timely and accurate.

reginac22
1/29/17

This is my first experience with ordering from this company and it was great!! I chose the free shipping option so it did take 1-2 weeks for my items to arrive, but for free I couldn't expect more. The items were as promised and fit great. I have now ordered twice from this company and gotten both orders while still waiting on one from another company (Rose Gal) for about a month now. Highly recommend Blair to others!

Questions? Get answers from the Blair staff and other customers.

Blair?