Review of BHLDN

Tel: 1-888-942-4536
Support@BHLDN.com

janett107
3/1/19

I bought a dress online that I thought was from Anthropologie but it was from BLDN. It was for Christmas. It didn't work. I tried to return it in January but they told me they didn't extend returns for Christmas, so I was over the 30 days. No refund, no store credit either! I am stuck with that dress!!!! Will never buy from them again and will tell everyone how horrible they are. A supervisor never returned my phone call.

aliciam155
1/24/19

Absolutely terrible experience, ordered a dress to be delivered in DUBAI, and it was delivered to the US. I first called the customer service and the agent told me the dress was certainly going to be delivered to me I just had to wait. I called UPS and they told me that for sure this is not an international delivery. So I called the customer service again, they were not sure if they can change the address or no and didn't seem to give a $#*! about it AT ALL. I ended up spending hours and hours over the phone (paying for international calls) to understand that they will never deliver my dress and never find a solution for their mistake.
I asked for a refund and that still didn't happen.
They are also extremely RUDE on the phone

It's the worst customer service I ever had to deal with

ks347
1/11/19

I have had a time with my order! I ordered 2 sizes of a dress and the smaller one did not fit. I returned it within the 30 days and had only tried it on once. I tried the larger one on and still it did not fit my body type, so I sent it back. I received a refund on the larger one, but the email was stating that it was the purchase order # of the smaller one and I never got an email about the smaller one being refunded. Some kind of mix up. I then received the larger dress back in a box ( I received an email stating that it had already been processed for a return)...3 months later... stating that they needed more information before it could be returned. I was confused, so I emailed customer service. Then they told me that I would not be receiving a refund because the warehouse had decided that it had been worn, washed or damaged in some way. There was NO damage on the dress. I had only tried it on and sent it back. I called customer service to explain that I thought there was confusion and that someone just decided to make that decision without having cause and they pretty much said "hey, you have one dress and we gave you a refund on the other, what else do you want ?" I told her that I wanted a refund. The representative finally got very irritated and became quite rude so I asked for a supervisor. I was not going to stand for their decision when I knew that nothing was wrong with either of the dresses that I sent back. The supervisor was nicer, but he still said that the warehouse makes those decisions. I told him that someone did it because they couldn't explain the mix up in my returns and he said that he would look into it. So....now I am waiting again to hear from him after he "looks into it". He said that they are supposed to take photos of the damage that they claim. I told him that I wanted to see those photos because the dresses still had the tags on them when they left my house. The dresses were nice. Return experience...not so much!

macarenak
12/7/18

I bought a wedding dress in October and then, in September, BHLD made a 3-day sale on your webpage, where my dress was included (20% discount). I had the chance to buy the dress again and return mine, but I decided to call BHLD customer service first to check if that was necessary. The person with whom I spoke said to me that they were able to refund me the difference (he checked and the dress was effectively on discount). That never happened. Now theya re telling me that my dress did not qualify for the discount, which is not true!! I am completely sure that the dress was on discount (the customer service person also checked it!!)

amyr268
12/3/18

I have never written a review for anything, but I feel like I need to given my experience at BHLDN. I traveled to Houston from Austin to find The Dress. All my sisters came with me and we made a weekend out of it. The in store experience was lovely. I ended up effortlessly finding the dress and to top it off it was on double sale! Score! My fiance wanted to pay for the dress, so there was an in store phone transaction between my fiance and the women checking me out. All was well when I left. I even received an order confirmation and a note card congratulating me on finding "the one." Several weeks pass and still no sign of my dress. It was back ordered so I was expecting it to take longer to arrive. I wait a month. Still no dress. I finally call BHLDN Houston to check on my order. The young women from the Houston store contacted customer service for me and informed me my order was CANCELED! why? They canceled the order because the name on the order(mine) did not match the card that was used to pay for it (my fiance). Customer service claims they sent me an email notifying me about the order. I Never got an email. I looked through every mail box and nothing, just an ORDER CONFIRMATION the day i bought the dress. After they didn't hear from me for about a week, they just canceled the order all together! No one CALLED ME to let me know what was going on! The young lady from Houston told me I could place another order and that she would honor the sale price i paid (thank you), but that they no longer have a size 4! What? I could get behind placing a new order, as my wedding is still 6 months away, but now i am told they don't have my size? I was devastated to say the least. That was THE DRESS and now because of their horrible customer service, I wasn't going to have the dress and will have start the process all over again. She told me I could get the size 6 and make alterations. This dress is all beads! alterations on a dress like this will be a challenge. I didn't know what to say to her other than cry that now this is my problem. I called my sister who is a district manager for a high end retail company and told her what was going on. She got on the phone with BHLDN customer service and ripped them a new one. She told them how she makes things right for her customers everyday and told them that they are going to do the same or she'll blast them on social media. At the end of the conversation, they offered us the dress for little to nothing in a size 6. I have received the dress and will need to make adjustment to make it perfect, but it should work. If not i'll just resell it myself. At the end of the day, its really not that big of a deal as it is just a dress. However, I couldn't believe how they tried to make this my problem and have me pay for another dress that wasn't even my size. The price I ended up getting the dress for makes up for it sort of.. as now i have wiggle room to get it expensively altered to fit just perfectly. These people deal with Brides everyday! I can't believe they don't go above and beyond to accommodate their customers and give brides one less thing to have to stress about.

christinak87
11/1/18

So annoyed that I have to take time out of my day to write about this, but I want to share my experience so others know what to expect when shopping with BHLDN. I ordered a dress via their website on 10/20. Their site states that orders are processed in 1-2 days. I received an email with tracking on 10/27. The tracking still doesn't provide movement. This shipment obviously never left their warehouse. I reached out to. CS to see what the hold up was - as yesterday marked nine days that my item wasn't shipped. The rep emailed me quickly stating that it takes 5-7 days to ship being that I selected standard shipping. Never acknowledged we were at ten days since the order was placed, which indicated to me that she failed to look up the order. I told her that it had been ten days, and we were beyond their promised time. I just needed the dress for this weekend - so if she could cancel it at this point so my money wasn't tied up that would be great. She told me I couldn't cancel because it shipped. Again, there has been no movement on the usps website for three days- please cancel. This went in circles so I wrote about it on their Facebook hoping for a resolution. Not a chance - as they repeated their shipping times to me (but added two days so now it's a 7-10 day ship time). Again I asked to cancel as it is now the fourth day it hasn't shipped. Again I was told I couldn't cancel.

I called and spoke to a CSR who couldn't help and I then asked for a supervisor. I spoke with jolly Jeff. At this point I had to question if they value their customers. I was beyond frustrated as this process should have never happened. If it were back ordered or whatever the delay, a customer should be notified. Jeff the supervisor told me he couldn't cancel and give me my money back because he couldn't file a claim with usps yet. Ok and this is my problem why? I told him to figure it out on his end a send a new dress. He said they couldn't but I could purchase another. He explained that they ship over 15,000 packages a day and it was the customers responsibility to track it as they do not have enough employees to monitor each order. Back and forth - until he "expedites my cancellation request" so I can be refunded. Thanks for your help Jeff, also thanks for trying to cut me off and explain that usps takes days to scan packages. BS - who's liable for something that goes missing ? A federal entity like USPS surely covers their bases when picking up good. Try again.

Well, now you have 14,999, and possibly less if people continue to have these experience. When in sales- you should never pass the buck onto the customer when something goes wrong on the businesses end. Also, you should offer alternatives if there are any issues. Most importantly, you should communicate if there are delays with an order immediately so you might accommodate the customer or they could take their business elsewhere. Why in the hell am I teaching your reps basic sales and customer service skills ? What a mess. Buyers beware.

charlottec90
9/22/18

This was the best shopping experience I have ever had. The workers are so friendly and made us feel very welcome and were helpful without being pushy. The best part is that they don't only sell wedding dresses, they sell dresses for almost every occasion, so I'm pretty sure I'll be coming back.

hollyp47
9/12/18
• Updated review

This is the worst experience in my life. My return package was delivered to the warehouse in April. I've followed up multiple times via email. They always assure you to wait a couple billing cycles for the refund to process. I've been patiently waiting. Upon my last inquiry last month, customer service has opened an investigation into the status of my refund. THEY CAN'T LOCATE MY GOWN AT ALL. Please believe it: All the negative reviews are true. Now I'm out of a huge chunk of money, AND they have the dress. Avoid this place.

“Returns are horrible; avoid this store”
5/14/18
• Previous review

BHLDN hosts an entire webpage about how to host an in-home bridal fitting. I thought it would be easy to order, try on, and return gowns so long as you're careful with them and keep a clean home. Wrong wrong wrong. I've returned three gowns, and I've had to send multiple emails to ask about refunds. Each time, a different agent replies and I have to explain all over again with my order number and the UPS tracking info showing I mailed the gowns back. This morning, I received a refund notification for ONE dress, with no mention of the other two. I'm now paying credit card interest for these gowns, and customer service is not forthcoming with what is going on with my return status. I would not recommend ordering gowns online from BHLDN.

Tip for consumers: Do not order online from BHLDN because the return process is not as easy as they make it sound. Save yourself the grief, anxiety, and credit card interest.

catherineb188
8/26/18

Earlier this year, I ordered multiple items to try for my wedding and other events. Unfortunately, none of the items worked, so I sent them all back in one box. After reviewing my bank statement, the company shorted me about $300 saying I didn't return one of the items. The process took 5 phone calls (all of which lasted over 30 min each because I had to explain the situation all over every time I called) to the customer service dept over the period of 5 months. When I realized the company was never going to remedy the issue, I had to get my bank involved. Finally, AFTER my wedding took place, I received my refund 6 months after initially purchasing the items because of my bank representative! Needless to say, it was the WORSE customer service experience I've ever had to deal with. As a general manager for a women's clothing company, I will never ever recommend this company in the future and I've personally learned how to better my business by not being like this one!

ok6
7/24/18

Found a dress at another store and BHLDN said they would price match my dress no problem at all, however I had to buy my dress at full price first then email the receipt at the discounted price from another store. Now customer service is telling me that they don't price match at all. So i was talked into buying a $420 dress and had it sent to my home, got all excited for my dress and then they won't honor the price match. THIS PLACE DEALS WITH BRIDES EVERY DAY... how could you possibly do that to a person. There customer service is TERRIBLE and now they said I have to send the dress back because they won't credit me the price difference and I won't pay that much for the dress. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! Don't shop here... EVER.

brandyc15
7/3/18
• Updated review

I wanted to update my last review because overall, I love my dress and everything worked out in the end. I had originally gone to the store to try on and order my dress. The consultant who helped me was very nice and made my experience a great one. She ordered the dress 1 size larger than my actual size in case the dress fit small, however when the dress came in it was too big and needed to be sent back. I was told my dress was low in stock at the store so I was worried about not getting the right size. I followed bhdlns return policy, used their return label and tracking number so when I knew it had been delivered I called to check on my exchange and make sure my correct size was still there. The lady that helped me was super rude. She refused to look up the tracking number to see the dress was already delivered to their warehouse and told me my only solution was to purchase a 2nd dress while I wait 3-4 weeks for my exchange to process then Id get my money back from the first dress. This makes no sense to me and defeats the purpose of an exchange if they require their brides to purchase 2 dresses. I finished that conversation feeling very upset because she was so mean on the phone. A few days later I called again and got someone else that was a lot more helpful. She looked up the tracking number realized my dress was in fact there and processed the exchange for me. Now I have my dress in the right size and I still love it. I wrote my first review right after my terrible phone call with bhldns customer service, I was upset and hurt by how I was treated. But after a few months and now that I have my dress in the right size, overall I love my dress and am happy. I still think bhldn should do a better job at helping their brides with the exchange process because their gowns sell out so fast. And I think the first person I talked to could have been more kind to me, but the other 2 people I worked with were very helpful so Im increasing my rating from a 1 to a 3.

“Very Disappointing bridal experience”
7/3/18
• Previous review

I really had a nice experience in the store and love my dress. But when it comes to exchanges just beware. Customer service at BHLDN is very bad. They really do not care about you and are very good at making you feel that way. They would rather your gown be sold out during the 2-3 week processing time for exchanges than help you. I have a tracking number that says my gown was delivered to them yet they refuse to exchange it. I will have to purchase 2 gowns from them to prevent my gown from selling out before I receive the exchange. I am coming off the phone with them in tears from the way I was rudely spoken to. It's very upsetting.

caitg
6/21/18

I had a terrible experience as a bridesmaid for a BHLDN bride and i will NEVER use them myself and have talked others out of using them due to their TERRIBLE customer service. I was told to order two sizes of a dress because the measurements online didn't seem right and the dress was running big for some people. So, I ordered two versions and was told I could return whichever didn't fit within 30 days. Well, the dresses turned out to be on backorder and came several weeks apart. I ended up liking the second dress better but they wouldn't let me return the first dress since it fell out of the 30 day window. They said YOU CAN HAVE STORE CREDIT. I DO NOT NEED STORE CREDIT, OBVIOUSLY! I sent 6 or 7 emails, none were returned. I called and asked to speak to a supervisor and I was told I couldn't speak to a supervisor UNTIL THEY GOT MY DRESS BACK! Hell no I'm not sending you a dress that you are only giving me store credit for! I'd rather sell it for whatever pennies I can get since I will NEVER EVER shop with BHLDN again!!!! Insanely disappointed. Customer service COULD NOT BE WORSE. Beware!!!!

jessicad220
6/13/18

They don't care about you once you buy the dress. The customer service is horrible and if you try to return something, I wish you luck!

marcyg11
5/21/18

This company has the worst customer service. I bought a dress for my son's wedding in June, 2018 and it just wasn't the one. Admittedly, I was unable to return the dress within the 30 day return policy because my husband was badly injured at a fire scene while on duty. Between the hospital, doctors' visits and caring for him, I just wasn't able to get it in the mail. Even after explaining the extenuating circumstances and returning the dress unworn and unaltered, the company is unwilling to bend on their strict return policy. No response to any messages to appeal this. They couldn't care less about their customers. Thank so much, BHLDN, for your lack of compassion. You've made an extremely trying situation for my family even more difficult.

joane33
5/8/18

I returned a dress to BHLDN over two months ago and still have not received a refund - like many other people on this site who've left reviews.

If you've already bought a dress and planning on returning it - it's so important that you retain your UPS number when sending back a dress to BHLDN as they say they are not able to track returns (which in of itself is alarming). I luckily have proof that the dress was received, YET do not have a refund.

A wedding dress is generally no small amount of money, yet BHLDN seem to not care about this. It's truly the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Save yourself the stress and do not buy from BHLDN - you don't need that coming up to a wedding.

jillg47
4/13/18

Obviously I'm not alone....I sent my dress back on March 26 and 2 weeks later BHLDN is still telling me they don't have it. I'm frantic, thinking I'm out more than $700. I called UPS, who were kind enough to send me the tracking info, WITH the signature of the receiver at BHLDN on March 28. BHLDN knew they had the dress, but lied. They thought they would keep the dress and my $$. Customer Service is rude and could not care less. I will tell all my friends to steer clear of BHLDN. What a scam!!!!!! Save yourself the pain.

teresed2
4/3/18

They make you feel stupid when you ask for a refund that they seemingly can't do basic math for. I still don't have my refund and have now been overcharged for mistakes that they have made.

ellenm79
3/23/18

This is the ABSOLUTE worst experience i have ever received. They call themselves a company?! I never got refunded for 500 dollars of my order, and only for one thing in the box I returned?! This is a scam and steal money from people!! I have called 10 times trying to get answers and NOBODY is helping! Tried to be calm about and patient but I don't want this same experience happening to other brides who are stressed already and cant be dealing with problems with their dresses! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.

ellac42
3/15/18

Promote a brand but I received "BHLDN" brand wedding dress. I asked why but BHLDN is ignoring my email and phone calls. When I call they say only email team can answer that kind of questions. Its been one month and still no reply. The email team is tossing my question and keep saying "we have escalated and sent to correct department to answer so please wait." If my wedding was not in short time, I would of returned the dress. BHLDN= poor communication and liar. Once they sell the item... they don't care afterward. I don't want future brides to suffer like me. Make sure you get the brand you purchase! The website advertised it is not BHLDN brand but my wedding dress tag had BHLDN tag.... and I asked why... and still no reply... Also, their sizing is not true. So, international buyers please be aware of wasting shipping costs or big alternations cost.

daniellec110
3/8/18

I ordered a dress in mid January and returned it January 31st due to the material being cheap and everything sticking to it. I did not want to have to walk around with a lint brush on my wedding day. Before packing up the dress I painstakingly rolled the dress to insure all little hairs were gone. WELL I guess a few hairs were left. I just received the dress this morning March 8th (6 weeks after I sent it back) with a letter saying they will not take the dress the back because it has a few hairs stuck to it!!! and I can't return to the store because now it has been over 30 days! Well they've had the dress for 6 weeks! Oh and I did call during that time and was told that they received the dress and it was just going thru the process which takes 2-3 weeks (not 6?) and that I should be receiving an email and my refund soon. They did not mention anything about the dress having hair stuck to it. I was planning on ordering a much more expensive dress and all my bridesmaid dresses(5) from the company but will not be ordering anything! I am so upset as if us brides don't have enough stress on our plates with planning a wedding I thought getting the dress would be a fun part. STAY AWAY BRIDES!! I do have to say I had a wonderful experience with my stylist Andrea in the Westport store its to bad her company sucks.

stacym90
1/4/18

I have spent thousands of dollars with you, all I wanted to do was exchange a dress for a size up but can't because it's over 30 days!!!

lorenw12
7/7/17

I stopped at a BHLDN salon in NYC and tried on a 2-piece wedding outfit that was the only thing, thus far, that I thought I even remotely liked. Knowing they had a 30-day return policy I had my consultant for the day take my measurements and I ordered both the Havana top and the Bellamy skirt. About a week later I received a box in the mail and it only had the Havana top even though I was charged the full $1,500 for both items. I had to call customer service and wait on hold 10 min before getting a woman on the line that had the worst connection and was very rude. She said she would correct the situation and send me another skirt though. Another week later and I received the skirt, but I ended up really disliking the whole outfit once I tried it on again and packed them both up in the same box with all paperwork inside (for both separate orders) and returned them through a UPS facility. About 2-3 weeks later I received my refund for the top, but still have yet to receive a refund for the skirt (almost another month later). I emailed their customer service and was told I'd have to wait 72 hours for a reply, when I got a reply they said it could take at least another week, and after about 1.5 weeks I still hadn't seen my credit so I called again just to have another fairly rude woman tell me they put through a claim and I'd have to wait another 72 hours for a response. This is ridiculous and the customer service for this company is horrible. I would NOT recommend making any purchases here. In addition to this poor reflection on the company the construction and fit of the 2 pieces I ordered was horrible. The skirt was too small even though they measured me and told me to order up and the lace top was just the worst fit with a lot of excess fabric under the underarms that I don't think a seamstress would really be able to take in without disrupting the lace/ scallop pattern and edging. So regretful I ever ordered here - They're holding a $1,000 of my money hostage now while trying to plan my wedding. :(

laurenb82
6/9/17

I went in store and tried on a bunch of dresses and went with a dress I would never have thought I would get from the pictures online. The store was very nice and the woman helping me was also. When I got home I was unsure if I made the right dress choice, so I ordered another one to try on and compare the two. After reading some reviews online, I was nervous about returning the dress I didn't go with, but I actually found the process to be super easy and had no difficulties with the return at all. I have a dog and figured I would be charged the $75 restocking fee, but I wasn't. It only took a couple of weeks for the return to process and money to be put back into my bank account. I paid debit so I don't know how long it would be if you use credit. During this whole process I thought the belt I ordered was never delivered even though it was in with another package. The customer service was friendly and ready to send me a replacement for free before I found it. I hope this review helps someone who wants to buy and try on dresses at home. I know I was nervous about the whole thing, but I found the process was totally awesome! Also, love the BHLDN dresses! Wish I could have more than one dress! : ). I think there's something totally unique for everyone. Plus, the company of the dress I went with gives free toys to children in Africa for one year from the purchase of the one dress. That rocks!

briannab9
12/15/16

Poor customer service in-person, via phone, and email. Takes more than two weeks to respond via email and the services in store are subpar. I recommend going elsewhere with greater selection of dresses most importantly and better service overall.

shawnam14
12/2/16

The gowns are generally alright, but that's all you should be buying off of this site.
Apparel is low quality Chinese knock offs, they look, smell and feel cheap and when you're paying top dollar, it's hard to justify the prices. Their return policy is rigid and customer service is not very accommodating even when you're doing a perfectly legitimate return within the 30 day window.

One of my products arrived completely damaged beyond repair. I don't know what they were trying to pull, as the dress was packaged in a sealed plastic bag like usual.

Disappointed, wouldn't recommend for online shopping because quality is all over the place and impossible to tell before you have the product in hand.

There is nothing that can be called a "customer service" at BHLDN, just a bunch of rude incompetent people answering the phone, but that cannot be called a customer service for sure !

By Alicia M.
Questions? Get answers from the BHLDN staff and other customers.

BHLDN?