BetterMe

BetterMe has a consumer rating of 1.4 stars from 55 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about BetterMe most frequently mention credit card, free trial and meal plan problems. BetterMe ranks 100th among Diet sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 23 days

No positive highlights yet

• In the end, I had to cancel my credit card to stop the direct debits.
How would you rate BetterMe?

“I will not stop using your app!”

Jack K.
5/7/18

Until recently, I thought that training at home does not work and does not make any sense. I changed my mind after my buddy advised me your app. When I start doing home exercises without any additional equipment, of course, I doubted. However, I was very surprised when a month later noticed that my body began to change. It really works, guys! Your app does something amazing for those who do not have the opportunity and time to go to the gym. Thank you, I will not stop using your app!

“Scammers - BetterMe - please cancel my subscription immediately”

Amanda P.
1/19/21

Absolute scammers! I also have the same issue as the other people on here. Not only did they take out money when I had not yet confirmed the subscription - they continued to take several more payments despite numerous attempts to cancel, the first within the "free" first week. Kept getting repeated messages saying they would contact within 24 hours but no response. Have now sent many numerous emails and nothing back! Do not sign up to BetterMe. I just want to cancel the subscription please!

credit card (0)
amandap722
January 19th, 2021
We will gladly assist you with your request.

Please provide us with the 6-digit number of the email you have received in the auto-reply. This way we will locate your messages and get back to you shortly.

armandol36
December 22nd, 2020
• Updated review
After several emails, I was told that I would receive a full refund. Refund processed today. In fairness to them the product is good if you are ready to commit, but make sure you are ready before signing up... it wont be as easy to cancel and get a refund as it was to sign up.
We apologize for this inconvenience.

Feel free to contact us at care@betterme.tips and we will do our best to help you.

Kind regards, Team BetterMe
Beware of so called free trial
December 4th, 2020
• Previous review
You will be lured in with the free trial but when canceling i was billed two weeks and not given a refund. Only the option to extend the trial (which I paid). It is very misleading. Attached is the only answer i was able to get when asking for a refund.
topsyb
January 14th, 2021
Scam! This app will subscribe you to weekly payments, not via Google play and you won't be able to stop it unless you have to call your bank. Avoid!
Update: 2 weeks later. Still waiting for them to cancel my unauthorised subscription. Tried to cancel payments through my bank but they took payment again using different company name. God knows how many they have. My bank forwarded the case to the International Fraud team now.

Avoid

Thank you for your request.

There are two ways we can proceed. You can reach out to us at care@betterme.tips, or, alternatively, if you have already contacted us via email, please send us a 6-digit code from the auto-reply here.
Either way, we will be able to provide you with further assistance. Your kind understanding is appreciated.

jenniferw1405
January 11th, 2021
Absolute scammers! Not only did they take out money when I had not yet confirmed the subscription - they continued to take several more payments despite numerous attempts to cancel, the first within the "free" first week. Kept getting repeated messages saying they would contact within 24 hours but no response. Have now sent many numerous emails and nothing back! Worst on line experience ever!

don't do it

oliviar249
January 14th, 2021
WARNING! THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM! They bait you in with a free week and charge your card before your free trial is over. You try to cancel your subscription and no one gets back to you. I have emailed them a dozen times and just get back ticket numbers saying someone will get back to you in 24 hours and that never happens! STAY AWAY FROM THIS APP! THEY SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF YOUR MONEY AND YOU WONT GET IT BACK AND WILL BE CHARGED MULTIPLE TIMES!

lauraw1013
January 24th, 2021
Absolute scammers! I also have the same issue as the other people on here. They are bot getting back to me after numerous attempts to cancel, the first within the "free" first week. Kept getting repeated messages saying they would contact within 24 hours but no response. Have now sent many numerous emails and nothing back! Do not sign up to BetterMe. I just want to cancel the subscription please!
nihalh1
January 17th, 2021
Unfortunately the only way out of this scam is to stop your card. Of course this is very inconvenient but unfortunately the only way.

First they put you under the impression that you are paying a one time or monthly payment only to discover this is a weekly charge! You can only cancel your subscription via their useless chatbot. They don't respond to numerous cancellation requests and continue to charge you weekly. Over an above their app is impersonalized, shallow and useless. Typical scam scheme that so many people have unfortunately fallen for. I had to stop my bank card today. Beware!

non

karenm2571
January 14th, 2021
STAY AWAY FROM THESE FRAUDULENT CRIMINALS.
THIS APP AND THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM.

ALL RESPONSES FROM THEM ARE COMPLETELY AUTOMATED. THEIR MEAL PLAN WAS A JOKE AND DID NOT FOLLOW MY REQUESTED RESTRICTIONS (allergies and gluten and lactose free). THEY WOULD NOT RESPOND TO MY REQUEST TO CANCEL. I HAD TO CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD IN ORDER TO STOP THE UNAUTHORIZED WEEKLY PAYMENTS AND THE VISA SECURITY DEPARTMENT HAS OPENED AN INVESTIGATION ON THEM. WHAT A DESPICABLE COMPANY.
Hello!
We are always glad to assist our customers and make their experience more pleasant.

christianes5
January 12th, 2021
I installed the app, and haven't even used their gift or anything else. It was very misleading. I canceled it 2 days later, asked for a refund. No response. I just received an auto-response, but no solution. They keep charging my credit card EVERY WEEK. It was supposed to be a one-time purchase.
I am very upset, I fell for them and can only say: DO NOT USE. They are scammers. Even one star is one too many.

App - Better ME

sterlingc29
October 10th, 2020
If I could give this zero stars I would! It advertises $1,7-day trial! Their Facebook add kicks you out mid sign up and then they charge you $25.99 for add on features that they say you purchased in the signing up for the app. I didn't even download an app. Then when you try to fix it, they tell you there is nothing that they can do! And their customer service Phone number doesn't work!

majag8
January 12th, 2021
I've been writing so many emails and messages, and I demanded a confirmation for the cancelation, but to no avail. I've started with it two days after I got subscribed in the first place, doing it completely impulsively and without thinking it through. Since then, they took another payment from me and they still do not answer and do not refund. I am so angry and I feel so bad - frustrated and scammed.
I really wish this will end, or else I'll try to write to people on all possible social media about them. I wrote to the bank already, of course.

selenam55
January 13th, 2021
Hopeless. Many glitches that have not been fixed after multiple requests. Don't download. It is a waste of money and time.

danb862
December 9th, 2020
Sane story like everyone, paid the one time (I thought fee) of 9.99 but they kept on charging me. After 2nd week I asked them to cancel but they responded once asking me, why I decided to cancel, isn't my health important. I don't care stop charging me but they continue and never replied back.

I had to call my bank and cancel my credit card, and I had to file a dispute to get some of my money back.

Total BS.

karenl2134
November 26th, 2020
They promise a month free trial, and then take your money. Never got to download app or do the trial.
Basically stole money from me. Have no job due to Covid and they took the last.
Cannot reach anyone. Please stay away from this site. If I help just 1 person I will be happy.
Scumbags like this should not flourish and rip us off!
Hello!

This way we will locate your messages and get back to you shortly.

sarahh1153
January 13th, 2021
On the face of the app and web-based platforms, BetterMe looks like a slick outfit, and might potentially be a good lifestyle management tool. However, their use of scamming techniques to recruit and keep new users is quickly sending their ratings through the floor. I came to BetterMe via a facebook ad, and a questionnaire that offered a one-off program for walking exercise based on the personal details I'd provided. The cost was US$9.99. However, as soon as I'd paid via PayPal, the confirmations showed me I'd been scammed! The one-off payment in fact signed me up to BetterMe's weekly subscription program, which I didn't want to be part of. Easy, they say, just contact us prior to 24 hours before the next billing period and we'll cancel it for you! Not that easy, in fact, as BetterMe is notorious for (a) not responding to unsubscribe requests; and (b) continuing to take subscription payments after they've told the customer the subscription has been cancelled. Many customers never even receive the plan they originally requested, let alone value for money from the unwanted subscription service. The only solution many scam-victims of BetterMe have found is to cancel the credit card / PayPal account through which the original payment was made and start from scratch - not very convenient and doesn't refund you any money already lost. A disgraceful company preying on the genuine wishes of customers to improve their health. (I am a member of the BetterMe is a Scam support group on facebook).

Tip for consumers:
Do not pay them any money, as you will be tied into a subscription that you will find impossible to cancel. They will keep taking your money weekly until you cancel the relevant cards / accounts.

Products used:
I received a perfunctory report about the benefits of walking, which I could have obtained free online, as it was not personalised to my needs as expected.

Hello!
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Our support team has found your inquiry. We would kindly ask you to check your email inbox.

mubasshirt
January 12th, 2021
For 1 week I have mailed them multiple times not to charge me. And today I have been charged.
There is no way to unsubscribe. Also, there was no mention for this weekly subscription.

BetterMe is a SCAM.
Please, DO NOT SUBSCRIBE.

jol163
November 20th, 2020
I was under the impression that I was buying a one-time personalized meal plan with "over 120 recipes" for the price of $9.99, not bad, about the cost of a good cookbook. It wasn't until after I'd paid that I found out I just SUBSCRIBED to an app that charges weekly! The buttons they said to use to cancel do not exist and the recipes they did provide on the app contain several foods I said I didn't want on the plan (due to allergies, sensitivities, etc.) I emailed them and they mad sure that I knew that cancelling did not mean getting a refund. So pissed. Of course I reported the ad on Facebook, it may be too late for me, but maybe I can prevent someone else from losing money. Eggplant French toast? Ayfkm? Also, $10/wk for access app is ridiculous!

marka1386
December 7th, 2020
I was charged double what the website advertised. In my attempt to cancel (which I did immediately after signing up) I found there is no way to do so and have had zero success with support. I've reported this fraudulent activity to my financial institution and will be following up with my Attorney General! Total BULL$#*!!

carlyd31
December 6th, 2020
Horrible scam! Do not use! They don't give anything, don't respond to emails or chats and will continue to charge your card. Stay away!
Hello!

Please contact us at care@betterme.tips. We will be glad to answer any of your questions and explain all the needed aspects.

sonep
January 20th, 2021
They started deducting weekly fee of $9.99 so I request to cancel my subscription, it has been a month with them either delaying or now just ignoring my request while they obviously still deducting the weekly fee.
This is not acceptable.
Please be aware when downloading the app.

Tip for consumers:
Be aware of there reluctance to cancel your subscription while still taking your money.

Hello,
Thank you for reaching out to us. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience. We do appreciate you bringing the issue to our attention and will do our best to assist you.

We will kindly ask you to please either contact us at care@betterme.tips in order to proceed. In case you have already contacted us via email, please provide us with a 6-digit code from the auto-reply here. Either of these steps will help us to retrieve the relevant messages and address your request in a timely manner.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

olafd15
January 20th, 2021
Keep away. I asked for a cancellation on the 4th of January. They are still withdrawing money from my Credit Card and they have not answered several messages!

Tip for consumers:
The feedback time and cancellation issues.

None

valentinas42
December 2nd, 2020
I tried the 1 week trial... decided it wasn't for me. 2 days before the trial was over. They still charged me $29.99 from my account. Can't get intouch with ANYONE. Its all bull$#*!!
Hello!
Thank you for letting us know about that.

Please contact us at care@betterme.tips so that we could have a closer look at this issue and find a proper solution for you.

meganc291
September 29th, 2020
This app tricks you into buying high levels. The eating program is non existent only recipes for you to follow and design your own meal plans. App does not have all functions available. What a rip off! DO NOT BUY!

nicoleh30
September 6th, 2020
Once you join by paying membership fees you are rerouted to another page where you must choose a level of membership at a much higher cost in addition to the amount already paid. I should have known better since they offer no free trial. Lesson learned!

lindym24
January 20th, 2021
They charge you a ridiculous amount weekly, and it's impossible to cancel as they ignore all your emails

Kind regards, Team BetterMe

You can't. I'm positive that they don't even have a customer service... lies.

By Valentina S.