Bergdorf Goodman reviews

bg@ecare.bergdorfgoodman.com
2017 Customer choice award

christinam317
6/22/19

They are so unhelpful when it comes to shipping options. They sent me a package with Fedex Home Delivery, with a signature required. I wasn't home and I asked them to remove the restriction on the package so I can be able to pick it up at one of their locations and they said they don't do it. Plain and simple. I can't take time off work to sit around at home and wait for FedEx to redeliver, therefore the package will get returned to sender. I was counting on this package to arrive because it was a gift for mom's birthday. Shopping at Bergdorf Goodman created such an inconvenience. Never again.

sarahs782
6/21/19

My package stuck in Fedex facility for a few days, I contacted BG, they said they are going to send me a replacement, asked me to wait for confirmation email, which never came. So I asked for a few times, the recent customer service person said she did some research and CANCEL my claim. I still haven't got my product which I paid for, or any replacement or any refund, and my claim was cancelled. I can't believe it.. speechless.

elenal45
6/3/19

The best one stop shopping store for a trend woman as far as I know. From top designer Clothing and accessories. Simply the best

manolot1
6/3/19

I have ordered one handbag to this company and the delivery time was has been really short, and product is correct.

oliviam175
6/2/19

I came across this site a month ago and was impressed with my first order.
Good quality bags and purses. The prices are not so low but the quality of the products defends offers a good justification. I would recommend them

nancyb752
5/28/19

I ordered 4 comforters and got scammed. They never answer phone and I received a fraud alert from my bank. Illegal alien scammer.

anjat2
5/25/19

The staff are great and nice. The staff at the C boutique were great. They have the best selection of bags and the staff know their products.

kyrac4
5/15/19

I received my bags 5 days ago. I'm impressed. They are just beautiful as they appear online. And the delivery was timely. Surely Goodman!

jeffg348
5/14/19

I tried to buy 3 - $500 gift cards and the first was approved but the next two were not approved because it appeared to be a "duplicate transaction". I received an email from Bergdorf informing me of this with a phone number to call for questions. When you call the number you are told I'm sorry a 3rd party manages our gift cards. I asked if I could call, email, or do an online inquiry only to be told they don't have any contact information for the 3rd party. I elevated to 3 different people and one gave me a new phone number to call the credit department who handles the gift cards. The man who answered then proceeded to tell me the same, a 3rd party handles those and they have no contact info. Just trying to spend $1500 with them and they have put up every barrier possible! No wonder department stores are failing!

shawnl121
4/29/19

Wrong items were shipped to me. Instead of feeling sorry and shipping the right items to me right away, I was told they have to get back the wrong items before they can ship me the right items. Gee, I was shocked. You won't expect such a bad customer service from a high end retailer. This is worse than Walmart. I think Walmart will ship you the right items right away when they give you like 30 days to ship back the wrong items. So when I first reported the issue though chatting, I though maybe the representative was working from India and didn't understand the company policy of the Bergdorf Goodman. So I called by phone but received the same answer! Very disappointed indeed. Some other high end retailers will definitely ship you the right items right away and probably will let you keep the wrong items as a way of saying "sorry" and saving you the trouble of shipping the item back so you won't be punished for their mistake.

Very disappointed!

debras453
4/22/19

On March 12th I purchased two Canadian Goose parkas (Over $2000) and used the shipping label PROVIDED to me by Bergdorf Goodman on March 14th for a return.
TODAY I receive a box in the mail with two CHEAP pair of shoes and a letter stating that what I returned was not their merchandise and they will not refund me.
I have read other reviews like this one. WHAT IS GOING ON?? Either there is an employee scam or their processing department has seriously made mistakes over and again.

Now I am my 3rd call with customer service and getting no-where.

davism37
4/18/19

Always had great experience visiting this store. Nice and fancy store. The sale staff is so helpful and cooperative. All the best brands can be found here.
Best place to eat and enjoy your meal. The servers are always attentive and friendly even if the place is crowded. Will visit again soon!

heathers417
2/6/19

My husband bought me a Saint Laurent bag for Christmas. He ordered it online. After receiving the Christmas gift I decided I wanted another type of Saint Laurent bag instead. We called the customer service line and they said to send back the bag via their return instructions and then purchase another one online. We put the bag in the box and shipped back to them (exactly as they instructed). Two weeks later we received another box back from them and inside it had a cheap plastic purse that was probably worth less than $10. The box included an standard form letter saying that what we sent back did not match the order that we were asking for a refund. They are accusing us of sending a cheap plastic purse back in exchange for a bag that is valued at over $1000. We have tried calling so many times to get our refund. They told us to send the cheap plastic purse back so they could investigate. Yesterday we received the same plastic purse back with the same form letter saying they can not refund us because the purse we sent back does not match the order. The people that are running this are either incredibly confused and incompetent or they are actively running a scam. I have never experienced such a terrible level of customer service with online ordering. You get better service from Walmart!

rebeccab360
2/4/19

Bought a pair of Louboutins on their website. I didn't end up liking them, and so I sent them back using the return label they provided. It was picked up by their "agent" the next day and now it's just disappeared from tracking. It's been over a week and no update. After I reached out multiple times to find out what the delay was, I was finally given their internal tracking that shows it just sat at some facility for a week before it was even sent back to their warehouse. Now it's in transit and I'm told it could be another two weeks once they receive it before I get a refund! What a scam! I've gotten better customer service from WALMART for f&cks sake.

brittanyl82
11/2/18

Like others I placed an order twice and had them confirm my order and say it's on the way then cancel it a week later without explanation when I can see I have money and the money was taken out of account twice. Still waiting on refund a week later and they charged me a 3rd time for the order. Awful customer service, in incompetent staff and managed. Bough $800 shoes and would never buy anything off them again!!!

barbarap285
9/14/18

I´m from Italy and ordered something from ramy brook, cause it´´s impossible to get things of this designer in italy... they said that are delivering between 9 and 7 bussines days and it was there at day 9. perfect condition. More beautiful that on the Foto. sorry my english is very bad (italian girl ;-))

aliyal3
7/24/18

They are the worst!!! Never get anything shipped by them. They have the worst customer service. I bought a dress from there store in New York and I needed to be shipped to me in LA and they are claiming fedex delivered it but I never got it and its been 3 weeks. No one answers me or calls me back. I just want my money back. Berdorf's is FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarahc444
7/23/18

I placed an order for almost 1k in product and put my old billing address in (my mistake). I was contacted within 24 hours asking to confirm/update. I called back and spoke to a rep on the phone and updated the billing address and she confirmed the order went through, we walked through which items would be gifted and what the gift note would say. I received an email confirming this and when the products would be delivered.

Now when I look at my account it states that the order is canceled. When I called today the first man I spoke to was very sweet and couldn't believe how my order was canceled. He passed me up to his manager who was extremely rude and has out of date policies on how to manage a situation. At the end of the call, he said he could do was to place an order for me, which I can do myself. There was nothing offered to apologize for this experience. If he offered free expedited shipping I would have been happy. The point of having customer service is to help solve problems and make sure the customer is happy so they come back to shop with you. I will never shop here again due to the phone call I had today.

Tip for consumers: Shop somewhere else who has better customer service

nafrayoun
6/27/18

I ordered via website when there was an offer. Customer service asked me to sent personal information personal bank information I sent all the details a copy of my credit card etc my order was confirmed and without a work 3 days after my order was cancelled without a word a mail.now costumers service asked me to order again. Of course offer is gone. Im from France and I think its totally not foreigners friendly. I confie all the details and I write my friends address in the USA for delivery and of course order canceled! So unprofessional!

mariay20
5/1/18

Stop wearing murdered animals. Say no to fur. These kinds of stores pay minimal prices to hold and mistreat animals (minks, rabbits, fox) only to skin and sell them for outrageous prices. Its not a delicacy, its a brutality.

mind309
4/24/18

I waited for half year to get the beauty event which can take you 200 off when you spend 1000. I placed my order through phone call. Then the sales sent me the wrong items and I asked for exchange, but she told me all the options I want were out of stock. I waited for two weeks, then sent wrong items back. They decreased my event gift card because I returned the wrong items. However, I checked with both online chat and phone service, both of them told me I should get back the exact money I paid for everything with the discount price. The Bergdorf Goodman New York store does not follow their rules which other service told me should be the same as stores saying they have different rules. Plus there is no documents and any instructions to prove the different rule she told me. Have no idea what I did wrong? Because I sent back the wrong items??? Worst shopping experience ever have.

indias7
4/5/18

Ive had 32 conversations with online Bergdorf Goodman customer service representatives that have yielded nothing. I purchased $300 garments to be delivered to Australia. Paid by Pay Pal. THEY cancelled the order. THEY have employed delaying tatics to try and passify me such as saying they have lodged an investigation into the matter. Still no refund. Ive had apologies, been lied to and told 5 contradicting stories as to what has transpired. Ive requested the matter be escalated only to be stalled and misled. Its now been 3 months.

It is vital that consumers be aware of the fraudulent practises of this company. Do not assume because the name Bergdof Goodman is well known that this protects your interests. I have had better service from EBay. I wish I could give 0/5

jenniferm439
12/12/17

I ordered a pair of Christian Louboutin pumps online that ended up being defective. It took three weeks for them to finally provide a shipping label after I followed-up daily. It goes without saying I was already annoyed that I had to put so much effort into just obtaining a label for a defective product that they sold.

After I shipped it out I followed the tracking number and it was signed for at their facility four days later....great! I waited a week and did not hear anything so I started following-up again. As soon as I would send the tracking number with proof of delivery the customer service representative would either stop responding or state "please be patient." It has now been thirteen days since the package was obtained by their return facility and I was just now notified, after some light "harassment," that they are now shipping it to Texas to be processed which will take an additional TWO weeks. Then they said I will have to wait another 2-3 weeks to obtain my refund.

This entire process will be around 10 weeks and countless hours of contacting customer service to return ONE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT! Please do not shop here, please do not order online! It is a horrible company that does not place customer care as a priority. They do not have the infrastructure to support online orders or returns. It is so poorly run and over rated, you have been warned!

vladimirp17
11/19/17

I have bought exclusive and limited goods (200 items in the world). The problem is the #BergdorfGoodman is the one store where this item was for short time. #BergdorfGoodman canceled my order in some minutes after payment and confirmation like the most people had with no logical reason. #BergdorfGoodman answered me with standard cliche that they couldnt verify my shipping address. Its a scrap. I didnt have the same problem with another online stores. Im sure the staff of #BergdorfGoodman canceled the orders of one buyers in favor of others such as their friends or themselves. These goods on eBay appeared in accounts of profiteers with triple price before official start of sales. I think they know for sure they will get the order. I thought then that sales could be a fraud. I have read that some orders was canceled in 8 hours. It looks like someone asked the friend from #BergdorfGoodman staff to cancel some orders in his favor. Before this time I didnt have experience with #BergdorfGoodman service. Its terrible store! Didnt recommend to anyone.

jessl65
11/10/17

The sizes for the Bergdorf Goodman UGG Purl Knit Baby Booties Online SKU: #BGF18_K0QS4 / Store SKU: #2373472 is INCORRECT. Be warned when you purchase this product that the sizes are not what UGG provides on their products. I stupidly bought a pair of UGG booties in the size (2-3) thinking they were for infants aged 3-9 months based on Bergdorf Goodman's website. When the item came in the mail, the UGG box blatantly stated that this size was for infants aged 6-12 months. I will now have to show up empty handed to a party for my newborn cousin. When I called customer service they told me its not possible the sizes could be wrong when I was looking directly at the box I received and the website. They had no care in the world and simply just told me to return the item. NO REALLY?! Thanks for the insight. EXTREMELY disappointed. Fix your website with proper information.

231 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Bergdorf Goodman staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Bergdorf Goodman