Bergdorf Goodman reviews

bg@ecare.bergdorfgoodman.com
2017 Customer choice award

brittanyl82
11/2/18

Like others I placed an order twice and had them confirm my order and say it's on the way then cancel it a week later without explanation when I can see I have money and the money was taken out of account twice. Still waiting on refund a week later and they charged me a 3rd time for the order. Awful customer service, in incompetent staff and managed. Bough $800 shoes and would never buy anything off them again!!!

barbarap285
9/14/18

I´m from Italy and ordered something from ramy brook, cause it´´s impossible to get things of this designer in italy... they said that are delivering between 9 and 7 bussines days and it was there at day 9. perfect condition. More beautiful that on the Foto. sorry my english is very bad (italian girl ;-))

aliyal3
7/24/18

They are the worst!!! Never get anything shipped by them. They have the worst customer service. I bought a dress from there store in New York and I needed to be shipped to me in LA and they are claiming fedex delivered it but I never got it and its been 3 weeks. No one answers me or calls me back. I just want my money back. Berdorf's is FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarahc444
7/23/18

I placed an order for almost 1k in product and put my old billing address in (my mistake). I was contacted within 24 hours asking to confirm/update. I called back and spoke to a rep on the phone and updated the billing address and she confirmed the order went through, we walked through which items would be gifted and what the gift note would say. I received an email confirming this and when the products would be delivered.

Now when I look at my account it states that the order is canceled. When I called today the first man I spoke to was very sweet and couldn't believe how my order was canceled. He passed me up to his manager who was extremely rude and has out of date policies on how to manage a situation. At the end of the call, he said he could do was to place an order for me, which I can do myself. There was nothing offered to apologize for this experience. If he offered free expedited shipping I would have been happy. The point of having customer service is to help solve problems and make sure the customer is happy so they come back to shop with you. I will never shop here again due to the phone call I had today.

Tip for consumers: Shop somewhere else who has better customer service

nafrayoun
6/27/18

I ordered via website when there was an offer. Customer service asked me to sent personal information personal bank information I sent all the details a copy of my credit card etc my order was confirmed and without a work 3 days after my order was cancelled without a word a mail.now costumers service asked me to order again. Of course offer is gone. Im from France and I think its totally not foreigners friendly. I confie all the details and I write my friends address in the USA for delivery and of course order canceled! So unprofessional!

mariay20
5/1/18

Stop wearing murdered animals. Say no to fur. These kinds of stores pay minimal prices to hold and mistreat animals (minks, rabbits, fox) only to skin and sell them for outrageous prices. Its not a delicacy, its a brutality.

mind309
4/24/18

I waited for half year to get the beauty event which can take you 200 off when you spend 1000. I placed my order through phone call. Then the sales sent me the wrong items and I asked for exchange, but she told me all the options I want were out of stock. I waited for two weeks, then sent wrong items back. They decreased my event gift card because I returned the wrong items. However, I checked with both online chat and phone service, both of them told me I should get back the exact money I paid for everything with the discount price. The Bergdorf Goodman New York store does not follow their rules which other service told me should be the same as stores saying they have different rules. Plus there is no documents and any instructions to prove the different rule she told me. Have no idea what I did wrong? Because I sent back the wrong items??? Worst shopping experience ever have.

indias7
4/5/18

Ive had 32 conversations with online Bergdorf Goodman customer service representatives that have yielded nothing. I purchased $300 garments to be delivered to Australia. Paid by Pay Pal. THEY cancelled the order. THEY have employed delaying tatics to try and passify me such as saying they have lodged an investigation into the matter. Still no refund. Ive had apologies, been lied to and told 5 contradicting stories as to what has transpired. Ive requested the matter be escalated only to be stalled and misled. Its now been 3 months.

It is vital that consumers be aware of the fraudulent practises of this company. Do not assume because the name Bergdof Goodman is well known that this protects your interests. I have had better service from EBay. I wish I could give 0/5

jenniferm439
12/12/17

I ordered a pair of Christian Louboutin pumps online that ended up being defective. It took three weeks for them to finally provide a shipping label after I followed-up daily. It goes without saying I was already annoyed that I had to put so much effort into just obtaining a label for a defective product that they sold.

After I shipped it out I followed the tracking number and it was signed for at their facility four days later....great! I waited a week and did not hear anything so I started following-up again. As soon as I would send the tracking number with proof of delivery the customer service representative would either stop responding or state "please be patient." It has now been thirteen days since the package was obtained by their return facility and I was just now notified, after some light "harassment," that they are now shipping it to Texas to be processed which will take an additional TWO weeks. Then they said I will have to wait another 2-3 weeks to obtain my refund.

This entire process will be around 10 weeks and countless hours of contacting customer service to return ONE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT! Please do not shop here, please do not order online! It is a horrible company that does not place customer care as a priority. They do not have the infrastructure to support online orders or returns. It is so poorly run and over rated, you have been warned!

vladimirp17
11/19/17

I have bought exclusive and limited goods (200 items in the world). The problem is the #BergdorfGoodman is the one store where this item was for short time. #BergdorfGoodman canceled my order in some minutes after payment and confirmation like the most people had with no logical reason. #BergdorfGoodman answered me with standard cliche that they couldnt verify my shipping address. Its a scrap. I didnt have the same problem with another online stores. Im sure the staff of #BergdorfGoodman canceled the orders of one buyers in favor of others such as their friends or themselves. These goods on eBay appeared in accounts of profiteers with triple price before official start of sales. I think they know for sure they will get the order. I thought then that sales could be a fraud. I have read that some orders was canceled in 8 hours. It looks like someone asked the friend from #BergdorfGoodman staff to cancel some orders in his favor. Before this time I didnt have experience with #BergdorfGoodman service. Its terrible store! Didnt recommend to anyone.

jessl65
11/10/17

The sizes for the Bergdorf Goodman UGG Purl Knit Baby Booties Online SKU: #BGF18_K0QS4 / Store SKU: #2373472 is INCORRECT. Be warned when you purchase this product that the sizes are not what UGG provides on their products. I stupidly bought a pair of UGG booties in the size (2-3) thinking they were for infants aged 3-9 months based on Bergdorf Goodman's website. When the item came in the mail, the UGG box blatantly stated that this size was for infants aged 6-12 months. I will now have to show up empty handed to a party for my newborn cousin. When I called customer service they told me its not possible the sizes could be wrong when I was looking directly at the box I received and the website. They had no care in the world and simply just told me to return the item. NO REALLY?! Thanks for the insight. EXTREMELY disappointed. Fix your website with proper information.

nicholam2
9/3/17

I purchased a high end pair of shoes at $945 and paid an extra $25 for overnight shipping. Despite their website saying they ship internationally, they do not ship to the UK so I had to have them shipped using myus.com and then have them forwarded to me in the UK. Anyway, my item sat there for 2 full days saying it was processing before I made contact to find out what was happening. They said there is a review process for an international customer, fair enough but not mention of this at the time of purchasing and no mention of it in my conformation email or in my order status and I couldn't find anything about it on their website either. In the end, it took them 5 full days for them to phone my bank to confirm and then they were despatched and took a day or 2 to arrive. I received my item, they had a small scratch on the right shoe at the toe box and they were too small so I sent them back. It's now been 5 days since they received my order back (according to the tracking) and I haven't even received any acknowledgement that they have received them. I called heir customer service department and apparently they have been received but I have no idea how long it's going to take to get my refund. Their communication is extremely poor and their whole process is extremely slow. I doubt I will ever use them again for online shopping.

scoty1
8/29/17

A great place to shop for high-end fashion, particularly in XS sizes. I bought some very nice lingerie via their website and ordered gift wrapping as well. The package was just delivered today, ahead of schedule, and it's nearly perfect, though I'm a little surprised in how they fell short of perfect. The gift box itself is very attractive and sturdy, and it's nicely wrapped in ribbon with a bow on the top. They even put a cardboard ring around the bow so that it wouldn't be crushed during shipping. I've never had any store do that. Inside, the lingerie was expertly wrapped, with a small envelope with the gift note sitting on top. This is the one spot where they fell short: The gift note is printed on a plastic-y paper in an ugly, almost industrial font, and in all caps. The note also contains what appears to be a small serial number at the bottom. What?? Everything else was exquisite and then the gift note left me scratching my head, wondering what the hell someone was thinking. I'll have to print and cut my own gift note before giving the gift.

huldad
6/13/17

One word the best online store i have shop with....!!!! they are so nice and always give you a gift if you shop like crazy like me hahaha :) and they have everything in the world....!!! i just wanna go to there online store now.

vann230
4/20/17

Anyone who shops on gift card event should be prepared that BG could scam you out with the promotion. I placed an order over two months ago and so far I still haven't received a gift card. I called in a couple times asking what was going on and even the customer service manager had no idea when they would issue the gift card after I asked them to give me an estimated time. I spent $2000 to get that answer. What a joke! Very disappointed at the way the so-called high end store's CS works. They should have learned from Saks when it comes to gift card events which BG doesn't do often.

kimanhn
4/15/17

My first online purchase from BG will be my last.
I returned some items and it supposedly takes about 3 weeks.
Within those 3 weeks, customer service is unable to track the package using the smart label they actually provided!
So if you have a large return, you just have to sit there and hope they recieved it.

Tip for consumers: Don't shop here.
Nordstrom has better customer service.

nadias21
2/22/17

Really bad custumer service. I paid for overnight shipping, received a week later. It was a birthday gift. Very disappointed.

amiriar
1/18/17

I spend $5000 to get $1000 gift card, i told them i order wrong size for 1 of the item and need to change, but if it will affect to my $1000 gift card i don't want to cancel the shoes. They said they will submitted my request, i wait for almost 4 month, i send email with very slow respond and when i call the lady name Shiena really not helpfull and end up they only give me $450 gift card not as promised after long wait almost 4 months... really disappointed.

karinc6
12/23/16

The worst customer service and return set up I've ever seen. They could learn something from Gap, Target, anyone!!! No refund or exchange when using paypal, and they take 3 weeks to refund your money AND THEY SENT THE WRONG DRESS ENTIRELY!!!!!

christineh81
10/13/16

I have tried to track down two separate returns that I sent using the return labels provided. It has been weeks and they can't even figure out where the items are. They keep telling me to call back in another week. VERY frustrating. I am as patient as you can get, but I'm just about out of gas here. Nobody calls back or emails back as promised. They want at least 30 FREAKING DAYS before they'll start a formal investigation. What in the world takes 30 days? They say the postal service hasn't even scanned the package even though I sent it maybe a month ago using the RETURN LABEL PROVIDED by Bergdorf. This is ridiculous. I was ordering from them because of the great stuff online and because of no sales tax, but I think I'm done.

mk139
10/1/16

I returned an item and it arrived about a month ago. No one seems to know the item's whereabout and I am just getting redirected. Refund process hasn't even started yet. Every customer service agent is telling me different things and none of what they have said to me actually happened.

amandas172
9/28/16

item i ordered still "in process" a week after i ordered....wtf....cancelled order....very disappointing

jennieh5
9/27/16

I order from here because they don't charge tax. Only downside is they take forever to ship.

melissak45
7/29/16

I also had the same experience with a super cheap deal. Even got their credit card for it. 11 days later I still never received the item. No shipping information. So I called online customer service and they acted dumb and said they would send the information to the store so they can send it to me. 2 days later I received an email that my order was cancelled because it was out of stock. I agree it is a bunch of lies to lure you to buy other items on the website. Horrible! And the item is still on the website! Fraud!!!!!!!

karelf
5/18/16

I made the order on May 15th, paid for 25 USD for 2 days delivery, May 16th BG sent me a confirmation of delivery, May 16th also BG sent me ask for additional details, May17th I called BG customer service line at 8 am and provided all details, lady confirmed all OK and delivery to be scheduled for May 18th. May 18th - no delivery. I have spent 30 min with on line chat customer service , chasing and clarifying what s the status On line customer service confirmed - rudely - delivery for May 20th only. Nothing else, no willingness to help. After 30 min and after speaking to supervisor as well, I lost my patience and sadly cancelled the order.
Why pay 25 USD for fast delivery on May 15th to get a 900 USD worth of order to be deliver on May 20th???
On line chat with me as a customer - it took 30 min and I spoke even to supervisor - not helpful, not customer oriented and no willingness to listen, help or show limited empathy. Very sad, disappointed customer.

231 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Bergdorf Goodman staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Bergdorf Goodman