Bensons for Beds

Bensons for Beds has a consumer rating of 1 star from 30 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Bensons for Beds most frequently mention customer service and delivery date problems. Bensons for Beds ranks 385th among Furniture sites.

No positive highlights yet

• A customer services man rang once and said more or less there was nothing they could do and to stop ringing!
How would you rate Bensons for Beds?

“Would never, ever, ever use this company again.”

KHD p.
11/26/20

Horrific experience with Camborne branch and customer services. Enormous stress and wasted hours to arrange: delivery which was 5 weeks late, failed removal of old mattress despite being paid for, return of purchased mattress after terrible customer service. Almost daily chasing for FOUR MONTHS and dangerously high blood pressure elicited a refund and final closure. Would never, ever, ever use this company again.

customer service (11)
khdp
November 26th, 2020

garyb1030
October 12th, 2020

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. We ordered in November 2019, with a delivery date of January. The product was delivered damaged and the delivery drivers refused to take it away. They have tried to deliver four other times and each time the replacement has also been damaged. The worst customer service that I've ever experienced, not returning calls or emails. I'll never shop at Bensons for Beds ever again... I urge you not to either!

lisaw1639
May 13th, 2021

9 months ordered 5 door glass wardrobe. First one come damaged. Then ordered a new one. Was left with 2 massive wardrobes. Where it was messed up that other new one wasn't constructed when old one came down. Considerable amount of stress we have been through. Second one went up. Then discovered it was built wrong. So demanded a refund. I asked for compensation as it was so stressful! Made probably 30 phone calls as well. Never again will I shop in bensons.

Tip for consumers:
Do not use bensons you have been warned .they don’t care

Products used:
Nothing as wardrobe went back .shocking quality

jassimf
November 29th, 2020

Ordered 5 months back
My 4 kids less than 12 years old, all sleeping on floors.
Nothing received yet and given another time for 21 Dec.
Amanda manager at Gateshead branch kept on lying with us.
Horrible services

joannee107
March 15th, 2021

Purchased a pillow top mattress just over 2 years ago, it has now dipped over 3 inches on both sides. After several complaints, we finally received advice, sleep in the middle! How do 2 adults sleep in the middle, who sleeps on top? Further complaints, to be told we will have to pay for an independent inspection at a cost of £48 to confirm if a manufacturer fault, they will only then discuss our options! Absolutely disgusted! They advise a mattress has an 8 year life, clearly not! I will never purchase from this company or recommend and advise everyone to go elsewhere!

petew109
December 22nd, 2020

I am shocked at how incompetent this company is at dealing with its customers!
We ordered in January and we are still waiting for that order to be completed!
Multiple failed deliveries, impossible to speak to anyone, email after email ignored, disrespectful staff to name just a few of my many criticisms.
I find it incredible how bad they are and that's why I have taken to making my views public.
Avoid this company if you can, there are plenty of other bed suppliers to use.
Choose wisely people!

shawqr
December 3rd, 2020

Once again bensons for beds didn't deliver their promise. I have been having issues with a bed and mattress I purchased over a year ago and I have been emailing and sending pictures since then. Now they want to replace it! I don't want your faulty products and I want a refund and you can take your faulty product! Shame on you and im taking this further and I will not stop until justice is served.
Look at the pictures and you can see it's broken and there is a big dip in the mattress! Disgusting treatment from them im so shocked

ianw246
December 10th, 2020

Good salesman decent patter... delivery on time. But damaged goods & the guys that put the bed together had no tools? So the ottoman had to be reordered got a date of the 9th if December... rang me on the 7th to say they didnt have tha new part. Rang to get some kind of sense on the situation I've been promised a phone call before this weekend. Im not holding my breath. Wish I'd listened to the people who advised me not to use this company...

robertc2940
June 9th, 2020

Appalling service from the start sold the wrong bed, and then had to wait 40 nights in agony, with some stupid policy they have, ordered new mattress, which they cancelled 4 days before delivery date, then no communication about what is happening, trying to speak or email them is impossible. This strated in January still waiting for anything

gazh2
January 23rd, 2020

Avoid. They are the worst. Terrible staff. Rats in the stores. Saggy cheap mattress. Just go to a real bed shop

kame3
August 19th, 2020

I stumbled across a review by a customer who had ordered their bed in feb 2020 just like we did and I thought I was reading my own story. On difference is we made sure we got our money back. The customer service we experienced was horrendous. 4 failed delivery attempts, being robbed off by the staff in store, multiple delivery dates changed on us. I cannot stress how bad this company is. You cannot discuss your delivery with the in store staff you have to go through customer services so you're constantly battling forth and back with the info from customer service and the in store staff. So the manager of the store on white city Manchester (lee) was caught basically bad mouthing us because they forgot to put up on hold so we got issued a refund straight away. Fight for your rights people!

merylj1
December 7th, 2020

Unable to give any stars but had to submit 1 to post review, given a choice it would of been no stars as no customer service has been given. I have also taken into consideration the present climate and have been incredibly patient with waiting for this delivery, but after ordering my wardrobe back in March with 8 cancelled delivery dates and a text today with yet another cancelled date for tomorrow I am finally at breaking point. To top it off they have now rebooked delivery for 24/12/20, not that I expect this to happen as I'm more likely to have 3 wise men turn up on my door step than the delivery from Bensons, and who honestly wants a flat packed wardrobe delivered xmas eve! Don't get me wrong, I'd stick tinsel on it if it turned up. Which it won't. Will try and contact them again tomorrow, not by email as they don't reply, and not through the shop as they can't help either, it'll have to be their wonderful answering service when you press 1, then 2 then another number only to be told they're closed. My daughter who is waiting for this wardrobe will have left home before they actually get round to delivering it, she'll probably have had a couple of kids and got married by then too...

lisam2282
September 30th, 2020

Very helpful when you're interested in buying but not at all interested once you've paid.
Bought an expensive bed from Bensons but they sold us the wrong mattress unbeknown to us. It was the same but the comfort they gave us was wrong as we wanted firm which was also recommended by themselves after doing checks on our sleep patterns. However the mattress we had was deteriorating quickly and during lockdown they weren't contactable after several attempts even though they were still working. They told us as it's outside of the six months warranty there's nothing they can do. Phone calls and Email after email They just copied and pasted their replies. Lumped with a poor mattress which is only good for the tip. Terrible unprofessional customer service. I would certainly look elsewhere for a more professional outlet other than Bensons who don't know how to treat their customers properly.
Don't waste your money...

bobg534
January 30th, 2021

We ordered a £1400 bed in November 2020 for delivery in January 2021. I am registered disabled and my wife is petite 5ft 2, so I was concerned that being a pandemic and in lockdown that the delivery would need to be put off, as I would be unable to get the bed upstairs to my bedroom, however I was assured they would deliver to the bedroom as we wished, provided that we were happy for the delivery team to enter the house, and that COVID guidelines were followed. We said we were. On day of delivery two of the most obnoxious men I have ever met in my life turned up, they point blank refused to bring the bed inside, lying that they were not allowed to. They instead literally threw the mattress and headboard in to the space of the open front door, hitting the door and wedging them in. They then left the two base parts and drawers outside on the drive, and then scarpered. They managed to break our front door in the process. Luckily neighbours came to our aid after I asked them to, and we eventually got the bed up to the bedroom. I complained to customer services, as the damage to the front door cost £85 to repair after I called a company out as I was unable to close it, however I may as well have been talking to a block of concrete, as the robot on the phone was quite obviously reading from a script, Bensons refused to take any responsibility for the damage whatsoever despite me providing pictures, They said the two clowns they sent to deliver had said they couldn't recall it when questioned. REALLY? Bensons said they were agency drivers... so what! That to me is irrelevant!
I suggest you do not use idiots to deliver your brand then! Agency or not they represent the face of your company and your brand!
I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy... Go to Dreams beds or a small independent instead!

Products used:
Double bed, mattress and headboard

kiny6
July 20th, 2020

We bought our bed in February, had the delivery date changed several times by Bensons, lost the bed, given our bed to another customer, wasn't on the lorry when it was to be delivered, the bed frame is here, but we don't have the mattress. Etc. Went into the store and asked for a refund, they said they would have to take a 20% cancellation fee (That would be £250-£300) or wait till the 30th July for the bed. That was a two-month wait! Now we've been chasing and asking for a confirmation of delivery, they said the warehouse cannot locate our goods, so they have reordered it. So that will be another 3-4 month wait. Shocking customer service, staff don't care and tell you there is nothing they can do. Taken our money, but no bed. We will be taking legal advice and probably end up taking Bensons to small claims court. I will be giving Bensons negative reviews on every social media platform.

lindaw1153
June 8th, 2020

We ordered a bed on 27. 02. 20 costing £1500, had I read these other reviews I wouldn't have bothered. Very pleasant sales girl. Was due to arrive 24 March but because of lockdown was delayed. Ok no one could help that.
On 1 May the bed with headboard was delivered.
On unpacking we discovered the headboard was the wrong colour, and also one of the drawer runners was broken.
Took photos and emailed Bensons same day,
Nothing happened, so tried to phone but impossible to get through one time there were 47 people in front of me in the queue. After phoning most days just stayed on phone for over half an hour only to be told parts and headboard had only been ordered on 15 May. I had sent 3 emails none of which were answered. Getting fed up by this time.
Anyway today the part for the drawer arrived in the post but can't get through to let them know so a person can come and fit it! Just keep saying no customer service available at the moment and to call back, but when.
Ombudsman can't do anything until 12 weeks after delivery.
Stalemate and no message on headboard. Also was told they couldn't take the bed back due to virus.

jaya433
May 21st, 2021

They are deceitful and shirk all their responsibilities for what they sell, onto other companies. Avoid Bensons for Beds, they are a mickey mouse company with bare face liars for sales people. I thought in 2021, a company on this scale would be answerable to someone, seems they arent and they know it.

Tip for consumers:
Don't bother with the extended warranty, and if you do, don't listen to the sales person, they lie, just read all the small print in the store, and don't be swayed by the sales people.

Bed and Matress

robertd1318
March 28th, 2020

On the 10th of March i had four drawer units delivered. Three units are so damaged you cant open the drawers, you have to leave a review on Trust Pilot to get a reply, will post another review with the outcome. Customer service zero, dont buy from them.

barrym335
December 1st, 2020

This company is finished - they just haven't gone away yet. If you need any bedroom furniture - shop anywhere EXCEPT for BENSONS FOR BEDS. They are liars and thieves - nothing more. They are happily taking customer's money for goods they full well know they cannot deliver for over 6 months. The goods don't even exist! Items that are delivered are awful quality, often damaged and if you are unfortunate enough to have ordered something - you have zero chance of it being supported. They simply don't care - its all about propping up the company with as much customer money as possible despite their awful reputation, before it goes under. DO NOT ORDER! Save your stress levels and money and go elsewhere. Their guarantee is not worth the paper its written on - you will receive little to no help if you experience an issue and will be advised to pay for an independent review and be told nonsense such as "You get in and out of bed the wrong way" Not kidding. Check out the Facebook group "Bensons for Beds = Bensons for Crap" if you want to see the real picture. WALK AWAY QUICKLY.

veronicas260
August 27th, 2020

I purchased and paid in full £1,540 bed, mattress, headboard in July, delivery agreed for 25/8/20 and pick up of old bed for £40
The day of delivery I received 3 text messages and 2 calls stating the order was on the way and would arrive within the hour so took my old bed down and placed in garden ready 10mins Before delivery I had a call saying my mattress was not there and to contact customer services. 45mibs on hold and totally dusgusting I was told nothing they could do and to buy a blow up mattress and ring at 9am next day. I explained I was an A/E nurse in resus and couldn't do this again told that's what I had to do. They never asked our age and when I told them my husband had spinal problems they were not interested I then went to the shop who were really helpful and even they couldn't help. They did get me a single bed for myself on loan after I broke down crying but my husband with 2 knee replacements and spinal problems aged 71 had to sleep on the sofa up to today (2 days later) this had still not been resolved and no sign of being done so far. Add insult to injury they never collected the old bed tills day after promised and it rained so they now refused to take that also. Arrrrrrrrr so stressed

takinga
October 11th, 2020

Same old story they can't even fulfil the orders they have, and yet every bank holiday there they are hustling for even more business. You want a guarantee here's one for you treat the mattress like a boxset where you binge watch it, actually use the mattress to sleep on while you binge watch a boxset for a maximum 13 days and I guarantee your be starting a return. That's when the fun starts they will blame Covid, they will reply but only with the company line within 10 working days were be in touch which they won't, then when you send a follow up message you will be waiting another 10 working days so already 2 messages will be 20 days, your calls will be cut off but an automated message, and when they are answered your be promised everything from customer services to a call back, to the return will be booked in, your even get a text from someone's granny to say the return will take place with a day and a time but they won't turn up. Then after 2 months you finally get the mattress collected, and do you get a refund after the 48 hours that they spout on about please today is a week already and counting. Always place your order online never in a shop your need the online buyer protection, and open a chargeback with your bank and see who returns you quicker.

claudiao59
August 6th, 2020

Purchased a bed in store in March before lockdown for delivery. We were told that deliveries had been paused which is understandable. Lockdown was over and we still had no news about the bed, until 4 weeks ago when we finally got through the customer service line and they told us delivery was expected at a specific date. The bed simply didn't show up, so rang again to clarify this and they just apologised and guaranteed delivery at a later date. They sent us a text 1 day before arrival with a delivery slot, the driver showed up 2 hours late only to tell us that they had our bed but NOT THE MATTRESS! We have had to sleep in a sofa bed since lockdown started and the only thing they offered was a £50 to purchase an airbed. Again they sent a text yesterday with a delivery slot, no sign of the bed and after calling them and being on hold forever they tell us THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENED and they need to open an investigation. This company is absolute jokes, the lack of professionalism and communication as to what's going on with an order that cost us almos 1000 quid, it is just appalling. 5 months waiting for something that is not arriving. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

dil8
August 26th, 2020

Within a few months of buying a Simba mattress from Bensons For Beds I noticed it started dipping in the center. It got so bad I contacted Bensons with photos & they admitted they could see a fault. They sent a technician from FIRA who confirmed it had a defect. A replacement was ordered although I would've preferred a refund as I had lost faith in a new one doing the same. They said I couldn't have a refund as it had happened 30 days after delivery. This mattress has a 10 year guarantee, & didn't last 10 months before it started to dip.

When the replacement was ordered, it wasn't long after we all went into lockdown due to Covid. Understandably, this then put a delay on my replacement arriving. In the meantime I am having constant sleepless nights, having to take medication to help me sleep. Back pains, and horrendous hip pains caused by this mattress, to which the technician had put on his report.

In June once the rules has relaxed I contacted Benson For Beds again to ask when I would get my mattress. I was told it hadn't even arrived at their distribution centre & they would contact me once it had arrived.

One month on, at the end of July I contacted them again where I was told they had got it & gave me options of dates for delivery. I chose 24th August as I was off work.

I was sent a text message on 20/08 to confirm it would be delivered between 12pm-6pm on 24/08. Then another in the morning of the 24th August to say estimated time of delivery between 13:10 - 15:10 with a tracking link.

I sat & waited then once I realized it was getting nearer to the latest time of delivery I clicked on the link only to read "Delivery Failed - Taken Off Route"

I was obviously fuming. I've been sleeping or trying to sleep on this faulty mattress for months. There was no follow up or any explanation from Bensons For Beds regarding this "Failed Delivery" Ive tried to contact them on numerous occasions on social media & have only been fobbed off with "we'll get back to you"

I am absolutely furious with their shocking customer service. I have requested a refund as these mattresses cannot be stored in a box at a maximum of 3 months. Simba themselves have stated this. I don't know how long they've had this mattress of mine in the 1st place which is in a box. That's IF they had it anyway on a van which didn't turn up. They don't even stock Simba mattresses anymore in their shop so how am I to believe they did have one for me which didn't arrive. I originally told them I wanted a refund as I'd lost my faith. Who's saying the next wouldn't go the same.

Bensons For Beds are completely ignoring my requests for help. They're not responding at all. I put in a search on Twitter 'BensonsForBeds' & 'BensonsHelp' & I can see I'm not alone. There's plenty of people in the same boat. Paid for goods. Been given delivery dates which then haven't shown up. These people are also getting no response. Seems like Bensons For Beds are taking peoples money no problem but failing to give them what they've paid for.

I will be taking this matter further if I need to. Whether that's legal advice, ombudsman or even the media.

I would never have dreamt Bensons For Beds were so incompetent & a downright appalling company, but they are & I will never purchase from them again.

In the meantime I'm still having to try & sleep on a mattress that's affecting my health & life.

auroray3
May 19th, 2020

ZERO STARS. Mis-sold me a bed on 5th January. I swapped in store on 6th Feb for a more expensive bed with delivery scheduled for 6th March. My brother died suddenly, funeral was scheduled for 4th March. Begged them for a PM slot so I could pay someone to come and swap the beds as I would be on my own and grieving - not an ideal situation. They kept promising to call me back. Never did. When I did manage to speak to someone, the day before the funeral, they refused to pay the £80 for said dismantle/assemble service despite admitting they mis-sold the bed. Sent me a text during my brothers funeral to say it had been rescheduled for the 24th March. No apology. No explanation. I was beside myself with stress.

Called them on the 5th, was told three different reasons why it was moved, initially BLAMING ME, saying I told them I wouldn't be available on that day?! Had to get my partner to deal with them as I couldn't cope. Kept date of 24th March.

I rescheduled this delivery for the 9th April because I had COVID symptoms and didn't want to risk THEIR STAFF getting sick. Delivery was then cancelled because of lockdown.

I get a text on 8th May to say it will be delivered on the 19th May. Tried calling to confirm promised PM slot. Could never get through. Sent two emails, which were completely ignored. Called twice yesterday, was PROMISED by Sam and Shawna it was on the truck and out for delivery today. Told them I have had no other confirmation bar the text on the 8th. Requested a manager to call and confirm PM slot, as promised the last three times. No call back.

Today, still no text or call. I phoned CS to confirm delivery time for today. Told by Danielle that NOTHING was actually scheduled to be delivered today. I said I was promised yesterday, please check the notes. They LIED yet again and said they told me yesterday it WASN'T on the van and there was a problem with distribution! I have AGAIN asked for a call back from management and NOTHING.

My partner is working 18-20 hours a day to ensure that healthcare patient safety systems are running to enable hospitals, care homes, and hospices around the world have adequate facilities to report on Covid-19, and he had to help me dismantle the bed yesterday, then SLEEP ON THE FLOOR and will now have to help me REBUILD IT when he wakes up before he carries on providing 24 hour support to front line services.

This is not acceptable. You have taken my money and keep LYING to me regarding the deliveries. The way we have been treated is beyond disgusting. The attitude is disgraceful. I want my money back NOW. I am now contacting the Ombudsman to make a formal complaint. I will also be making a complaint to the ICO over the lack of information provided in response to a SAR and the very late compliance of this request which was in breach of the ICO SAR regulations. I have added my order number so no excuses not to check my account and resolve this issue. Not holding my breath though.

michaelo45
March 12th, 2018

I bought a bed from bensons, they kept delivering the wrong bed, it took 4 deliverys over 3 months and numerous phone calls to get the bed delivered, no apology for all the days I had to have off for deliveries, and dont bother with ombudsman as that is a complete waste of time, they are obviously paid by bensons, all in all Ive never had such treatment from a business, when I ordered the bed they wouldnt let me pay by credit card, I assume this is because you have more protection paying by credit card

Questions? Get answers from the Bensons for Beds staff and other customers.

Bensons for Beds buy beds at the lowest prices from famous brands such as Slumberland, Silentnight, Sealy, iGel, Sleepmasters, Sensaform and Tempur

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bensons for Beds?

Have a question about Bensons for Beds?