Bensons for Beds reviews

Tel: +44-33-01241100
timmarsden@bensonsforbeds.co.uk

stephenw85
6/10/18

I ordered a bed at £699 from Bensons and was told they would call back inside two hours. No call. It took me a day to get in touch with them and guess what? It woulld take 25 days to deliver. What? Nearly a month. Money back please. I emailed a cancel order as well as saying this over the phone. A week passed, no money. I phoned. We have not got your email or cancel order notification. I typed one up there and then, yes we have it now. Ok when do I get my money back? It takes a week to process then up to five days to pay it back.
I know this is a German/South African company, but we are talking from an order placed on 30/5 and no chance of a refund until at least 19/6. Not exactly German effiency is it? More like Shanty Town traders.
I bough the same bed delivery within five days £100 cheaper from Floors and Snores in Garforth, Leeds so it just goes to show does it not?
Bensons wanted £15 to unpack it and put it together and they do not take old beds away.
F and S free delivery, free assembly £10 to take old away unless you want to pay £20 to the council... You would be better off with Benson and Hedges at least you know where you are with lung cancer, unlike Bensons Beds, who I suggest should go back to South Africa.

michaelo45
3/12/18

I bought a bed from bensons , they kept delivering the wrong bed , it took 4 deliverys over 3 months and numerous phone calls to get the bed delivered , no apology for all the days I had to have off for deliveries , and dont bother with ombudsman as that is a complete waste of time , they are obviously paid by bensons , all in all Ive never had such treatment from a business , when I ordered the bed they wouldnt let me pay by credit card , I assume this is because you have more protection paying by credit card

darrens57
11/28/17

Do Not Buy from this company. Awful. Truly Awful.

The Guardian newspaper wrote about the Bensons For Beds scam in 2012 and sadly we had not read it. Look up 'Bensons for Beds mattress guarantee is giving me nightmares'. You'll find it online.

In essence, we fell foul to the same. Complained about a mattress we bought. B4B sent an 'independent' evaluator. He said that my son had sat on his bed. Shock horror! Whatever else. He may have even slept in it at one point!

That was their reason for not changing the mattress. It was 12 months old. My son has had to have chiropractor sessions to sort out his bad back. Not something a 14 year old should have to endure.

Avoid this company at all costs becasue their independent evaluators are not. Even when we approached the furntiure ombudmsan, they say that B4B cannot be evaluated independently because they are already independent. Eh?! Makes no sense. We then tried section 75, through our credit card, to get our money back. They wanted us to pay £250 for an independent evaluator. The mattress was only worth £330. There is basically no recourse.

3 words of advice; Avoid, Avoid and Avoid.

paulh291
8/1/17

What a rubbish company Benson for Beds is !!!
I ordered a double bed online 2 weeks ago with expected delivery of 1 to 3 weeks.
Got a text this morning saying bed was coming this Thursday between 7am and 1pm.
Unfortunately my wife is going into hospital Thursday morning for an operation and i am driving her there early morning and bringing her home late afternoon so called Benson for Beds and spoke to a rude woman named Sam who advised me if i do not accept Thursdays delivery date there would be a £39 additional delivery charge.
I said i was not happy about that and any other day for delivery would be fine except Thursday and she refused to change it.
I was then transferred to Internet sales and spoke to Annie who said she would put bed on hold and get back to me with a free alternative free delivery date which i agreed to.
A while later i had an email saying she had tried to call me but i didnt pick up ( which was a lie as i had my mobile with me at all times with no missed calls ) and earliest delivery date was 21/8/2017 which was another 3 weeks on top of the 2 weeks we had already waited !!!
I telephoned my son to see if he could take a half day off work on Thursday to take delivery of the bed and his manager agreed to a short notice half day off so i emailed Internet sales dept back and advised to deliver bed on Thursday as agreed as my son could get a half day off work.
I was then told my order had been put on hold and i have lost the option of delivery on Thursday and i would have to wait 5 weeks for delivery.
Absolutely shocking customer service
I would never of ordered from Bensons for Beds if i knew how they operated and the contempt they have for their customers.

craigl46
4/14/17

i have bought the Sealy Melbourne Divan

i have bought the Sealy Melbourne Divan Bed from benson for beds .looks amazing and in store felt really comfortable so i bought it .costing over £1000 for a bed that states spin alignment ,breathability properties, perfect pressure relief and offers full body support.
Within 4 nights it saged where i was sleeping .I reported this and was told too rotated the mattress every week for 6 weeks .I did this and still they is a dent where my body has been .it has been inspected by a technician and he told me that he only reports his findings and is up too bensons for beds too decide if it is faulty .and what a surprize .To them its not and wont change it unless i pay them 10% of the cost of the bed .so i will be over £100 out of pocket .In their letter they say that the technician has said it is not faulty .But is not the case .seems to me they are just passing the book and constantly lying too me .I have also been told by staff that a bed of this kind should not sage where i have been sleeping and should reform back too its original shape ..So it would seem customer care dont give a dam about their customers and just take the money and run so too speak and constantly lie .i had a bed 15 years and was in better shape than this .Really is a joke this company .
I have sweet in this bed ,had no spine alignment at all and the bed does not reform to its original shape .But they wont do anything unless i pay 10% .
Seriously dont buy a bed from them .you will be messed about and ripped off and even if they do offer a exchange it will cost you .
I will not let the matter go .
date now 14th april
update .benson for beds now confirm the mattress is faulty and will arrange collection .they wont do me a deal on another mattress even though they did one on this faulty mattress .They said some one will phone me too arrange collection within 2 days .
One week later and no phone call .I wont get a refund till the bed is picked up and they wont pick it up .I explained they is a bed i want too buy thats in a sale over the easter but wont do nothing till after the easter holidays .im over £1000 out of pocket and cant buy another bed ive seen so they are costing me money as well as keeping hold of mine .
i will be taking this further .

Questions? Get answers from the Bensons for Beds staff and other customers.

Bensons for Beds?