Review of Beds.co.uk

sales@beds.co.uk

125 reviews with 1 star

johnf1558
11/14/19
Bought a bed as advertised on the web site, on the strength of the good quality mattress advertised and pictured. Totally different mattress sent and beds.co.uk refusing to budge saying its the right one, even after I sent them pics, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE " FABRIC SHADE AND PATTERN MAY VARY" Conned.
Worse quality mattress I have ever seen. Now looking more money from me to upgrade the to a half decent one. Joke. AVOID like the plague, Pity I couldn't give 0 star rating. Beware what you see is not what you get..
valeries198
9/30/19
I bought this bed just after my husband had died the bed frame not too bad but I would say be careful of the mattress I bought mine Jan 2019 I have stayed at my daughters for about 3 months and I was told by a friend to put a duvet on top of the mattress and it will help as I have bad arthritis but I am getting up now in the morning than when I go to bed and it's because I can feel and see every spring in it, it is the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever had you can feel each spring.
gregc247
7/11/19
They threatened my wife and me. They are rude and nasty. All items damaged and delivered by people who don't care!!
alonzob21
5/2/19
It was a beautiful sunny day and sitting in the garden we decided that we needed some new garden furniture...... enter beds.co.uk .....£449 later boxes were delivered to our back garden by one man.... all boxes proudly bearing the signage "2 man lift" Oh dear the glass on the table shattered and the chair is damaged. No surprise really , the it was delivered.
This wasn't really the reason for the low score; the score is because the company wants customers to do WORK when their delivery service fails to erhm deliver!
Photographs, reference to handbook for part numbers ,when perfectly reasonable verbal descriptions were supplied, calls to manager with agreed replacements failing, due to manager not including correct delivery details, more calls to company agreed call back from manager failing to phone, new delivery arranged without relevant details because of failure by manager to contact us...... more calls more waiting, phone put down on me because I failed to listen!!!!! I was trying to explain that there was broken glass to be collected which had been ignored by the manager in his notes for delivery.
Was informed that the delivery man would wait until the side arm of the chair was given to him even when I suggested this might be quite threatening as I had already told him and another operative that we could not get the arm off the chair without damaging the rest of the chair!!!! Putting the phone down on customers after they have waited at least 20 or sometimes 30 minutes for the call to be answered because they feel they have not been listened to............SHOCKING !Also rules that they want to follow rigid , calling the customer to arrange delivery time NOT adhered to.So if you can find another place to buy your garden furniture I really really would !
alysonw9
4/25/19
Over a month ago now I ordered a bed from beds.co.uk. Never Again!! I would recommend no one to give this company any of their money or any personal details. First, I was informed I would receive my order the following day. You can imagine my disappointment when the bed did not arrive after I had paid for my old bed to be taken to the skip and no one had contacted me to inform me of this. After a few phone calls and being advised I would be given a partial refund and that I would receive my bed 4 days later ! Finally the bed arrived but no partial refund received. Then, I noticed I was linked in and receiving an email from a customer of beds.co.uk and when looking further my email had also been shared with others. When drawing this to the attention of the manager apparently this was a technical problem that had been resolved. Still receiving emails and still no refund I called again to be told a manager would be calling me back straight away "within 2mins" apparently. Now beds.co.uk have closed and guess what? Still no phone call/ email/ refund!!
patriciap338
2/9/19
We bought a king sized divan bed from this company in September 2018. I knew from the price that the bed wouldn't be top quality, after all you get what you pay for! However I didn't expect the base to collapse into the drawer within 3 months of purchasing it!! The quality of the bed base was very poor indeed. We have since purchased one of better quality from another company as I didn't want a replacement of the same quality, but I emailed Beds.co.uk advising them of the problem so that they have the right of reply before I write this review, but they did not have the decency to respond to me. Would definitely stay clear of this company in future!
lauram657
2/4/19
Absolute scam of a company. We placed our order online and the delivery information was all there at check out stating free delivery. We then got an text message and email asking us to pick a delivery slot but when we went onto premier deliveries link we were unable to select the time slot so I went to online chat for advice where I was then told that the delivery charge was £69.99 for my postcode. Although this is stated in the terms and conditions (was made aware of this when I went a searched the fine print) this once not once made clear during the purchase, further more I was informed I would have to ring a charged landline number to pay for the delivery over the phone which meant giving my card details over the phone, not very secure. When I asked to cancel the order I was then informed the only way I could do that was to ring another charged for landline number. So basically the company advertises cheap prices then once you pay, informs you of a massive delivery charge with an insecure way to pay for it and if you decide to cancel you are still out money because they charge you for the phone call to cancel. Far better using a different company who's prices seem a little more expensive but are upfront and honest about other charges. Plus I was waiting for 40mins on the phone (I tried calling twice), dreading my phone bill :(... I am out money and without a purchase, SCAM
johnh1923
1/11/19
Awful service all round. Frame & Mattress delivered separately which was a complete pain. Main bed supports have failed and 2 months later, very little in way of communication and trying to fob me off saying i have to wait for the manufacturer. Try to phone and waiting times are ridiculous. Joke of a business and they should be laws to protect people from vile business owners like these. The products are awful. Ordered the premium mattress with memory foam topper and its as hard as a piece of plywood. Dont waste your money or time with these idiots.
adrianl115
1/7/19
I ordered a divan, mattress and headboard directly from their website beds.co.uk
When the bed arrived the two divan parts were the same and there was no way to fix them together or attach the headboard (which cost extra). I tried emailing, I tried calling, I tried leaving online chat messages but I just cant get through to them by any of those methods. I have been unable to speak to anyone at all.
In the end I had no choice but to open a PayPal dispute, to which beds.co.uk said they would issue a refund as soon as I return the bed. This is no use to me, it means I'd have to package up a double bed and pay the costs of returning it which is a lot of work on my part just to make up for their mistake. I imagine the shipping would not be a small charge either. What I want is what I ordered and paid for in the first place but no-one has contacted me to actually find a solution, I cant get hold of anyone at beds.co.uk at all.
I would just order somewhere else and not risk it, I don't seem to be the only person with these kind of issues.
cristianp17
12/17/18
Low quality beds and mattresses, the head board doesn't fit with the bed and £100 more expensive than something similar on other websites. I maglde a mistake buying and trusting them
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello Cristian,

After reviewing the image you have supplied, you have set the headboard struts/headboard incorrectly.

Please see below of some instructions (video) to help guide you to assembling this correctly.

Attaching Headboard Bolts:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfsU6k9Wl40

Attaching Headboard Struts:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZFAW4o8f-4

Jamie

katec100
10/12/18
Received a terrible mattress. They originally offered to replace at a discount but didn't place the order because I hadn't left them a review. They finally agreed to collect, minus a £49 replacement fee, but a month later the refund hasn't come through.
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello Kate,

We are sorry to hear you are not happy with a mattress you received, but unfortunately, I am unable to find any order details, as you have not specified any delivery postcode or reference number. Could I kindly ask you to supply a Delivery postcode and/or reference number please, as this will help me to find your order details and to allow me to further assist you in your issue?

Please send your details to royce@beds.co.uk

carleyb4
10/12/18
Ordered a bed a few weeks ago thought this would be a bargain, the gentleman who delivered this was rude. When all the boxes were in my house I realised the wrong legs had been delivered (white) now for two weeks I have been chasing this with countless phone calls, the agents tell me they will ring me back, the manager will call me and absolutely nothing! It is shameful this company is even allowed to operate.
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello Carley

We are sorry to hear you are not happy with the products you received, but unfortunately, I am unable to find any order details, as you have not specified any delivery postcode or reference number.

Could I kindly ask you to supply a Delivery postcode and/or reference number please, as this will help me to find your order details and to allow me to further assist you in your issue.

Please send me an email to royce@beds.co.uk

lisaw514
10/2/18
Worse customer service in the world bed and mattress is the worse in the world pls do not by ever mattresses is like fag paper. U can feel springs in
The bed, customer service told me that they are not a charity case and I should of paid. The mattress had marks on it . Phone customer services and they were rude and also to take it back u have to pay 50 pounds for them to collect it
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello Carley

Please send me an email to royce@beds.co.uk

sylviac72
10/1/18
Bought Divan bed and mattress with drawers from this company. Bed was most uncomfortable and hard with no filling in the mattress. Got in touch by phone and e mail over several weeks, they asked for photos which were sent still no joy. Worst company ever. Do not use this company!!!
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello Sylvia,

Sorry to hear there is an issue with an order you have placed, but unfortunately I am unable to verify you have placed an order due to no reference or delivery postcode. If I could kindly ask you to provide this information, to royce@beds.co.uk I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

garyh412
9/24/18
Ordered a double Devan bed with 4 drawers.a mattress and headboard.delivered it to me on friday.driver found headboard at bottom of van under beds.when he took it out it was broken I said to him are you going to take it back.he said no you take it in and contact them and they will replace it.i signed the paper work and I write headboard broken on it.took the headboard inside and tried to contact them.no one answered the phone.i sent them an email explaining the situation.they emailed back the next day saying takes photos and order number etc and they will sort it out.now Monday two days later.no more replies to my emails.rang phone number 10 minutes later someone answers and told me I need to speak to after sales.said they would put me through.again waited 10 minutes and again told same thing.gave up no one takes responsibility.very poor after sales.stear clear of this company.or if you pay cash on delivery check goods first.and hold back any money if goods are faulty/broken
Or refuse the order.
michelled281
9/10/18
Ordered a rattan corner sofa / coffee table set for the garden from this company. The assembly instructions relied on each part being labelled, most weren't and around 65% of the parts delivered were incorrect / from a different model and had to be returned. This went on 8 times. Each time you get an incorrect delivery, you have to ring up. That average call waiting time is 20 minutes, so you rack up phone charges. On the 6th incorrect delivery, I tried to tell them to take the whole thing back and give me a refund. They refused unless I de-assembled it and packaged it back in the original packaging. As you can imagine, by this time I'm 6 weeks past the original delivery and no longer have the packaging or the time to do this. The drivers refuse to take it back as they say if it's damaged in transit, it gets docked from their wages. On the 8th delivery, they finally sent me the last correct part and a promise of a partial refund, which I never received. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE TRULY TERRIBLE.
caroliner65
9/2/18
I recently bought a king size mattress from here and have just emailed re that the mattress is saggy, no guts and causing me severe back pain which considering it's only myself in the bed and I'm not a heavy person. So hopefully they will do something! Don't hold my breath !
stephenr217
8/26/18
The mattress purchased is lumpy and completely uncomfortable, you can feel the springs through it. To make this worse you are offered a partial refund, but only if you leave them a 'raving review. So don't believe the good rating and reviews
deepab4
8/21/18
Bought few beds from this company. Very poor service had to chase them a lot before getting my delivery . To my surprise did not get the single bed delivered. Againg start chasing them ask for refund which was very hard to get . Spoke to a manager but no change this time they came to deliver without informing me. And was the wrong bed. Still waiting for refund lets see poor service.
samm306
8/13/18
Shocking company and diabolical customer service. They will take your money and not refund.
We ordered through your website and arranged delivery. We was then told the day before you didnt have it and someone would call us. a couple of days later they did and said they could provide the same bed from a different supplier
we ordered and then when due to be delivered they cancelled again so we requested a refund last monday.
Now we still haven't received. Spoke to someone on the phone but they wasn't helpful and said another 3-5 days
rachelw177
8/9/18
received a bed with an oil stain on the headboard. and within one night the slats started to break.
they sent two new slats and offered a £20 refund for the headboard stain. another slat broke on night 3 so contacted the company after we got back from holiday and they offered to send out 2 more slats and another £10 refund on the headboard.
I was not happy with this and asked for a replacement bed which they finally agreed to. but on receiving a call from the courier company I find out they are only replacing the headboard. will never use this company again. avoid at all costs
jf161
8/4/18
Should have read the reviews before ordering a bed & mattress. Decided to cancel the order the next day and 2 weeks later still havent been refunded despite numerous emails & phone calls. I can't believe this company hasn't been investigated by Watchdog or Trading Standards. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!
nazira5
8/1/18
Dodgiest company I've ever dealt with. Ordered a mattress that looks like they assembled it themselves in their backyard. Bounces like crazy every time you turn over, way too narrow (width conveniently not mentioned in site description) so it doesnt fit the bed and every time you turn you've got an arm and a shoulder drooping off the edge. It also had dirt patches on it. Surprised these clowns are still in business. I bet they made most of the positive reviews themselves. Dont buy from these dodgy lot
joannem160
7/9/18
Orderd a pocket spring mattress for £115 and what arrived was a cheap mattress can feel every spring in the mattress thin material and when partner moves in bed the whole mattress moves do not order mattress
darrenb94
7/6/18
Just received some garden furniture this morning from this company and its the worst Ive ever had, nothing fits and now nobodys answering the phone.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Hello, Thank you for your enquiry. I can assure you that the items we sell are very good quality and we do sell over 1,000 items per day to people all over the U.K. We have recently been struggling with our review sites due the fact that we have not spent much time collecting positive reviews from happy customer, and it tends to be the unhappy customer who leave reviews. We do our best to resolve any problems presented to us by customers, and have spent a lot of time and investment on our staffing and products. Our customer service team are there for the customers from beginning to end and continue to support customer up to twelve months after purchase. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us on 0121 526 7305 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or send us another message. Kind regards, Terri

you should be suspicious

By DON J.

Hello there Im Really sorry that some of the negative feedback that has been written on here has put you off from purchasing from us. Please see our updated reviews here ..https://www.trustpilot.com/review/beds.co.uk We are a multi million pound company and we dispatch over 5000 deliveries per week and we hold our hands up to slight complications on a handful of the orders. But we really hope you give us a chance to show you that we are a very efficient company with very nice reasonably priced high quality products. Kind regards Charlotte Beds.co.uk

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Ennesia, Sorry for the late response, I have been away due to personal reasons. Do you still require further assistance? If so please provide a delivery postcode or a reference number to locate your order details.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Jame, If the item received is as not as described, it is best for you to contact our After Sales Care Team on 0121 5686 7126 option 2. Once you have contacted them, they will request images of the item received, and will then advise you on the following steps. Hope this information has helped.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Mel, I can confirm, customers are eventually happy with there products. Majority of the time it is down to a personal preference that the customer does not like there product, but as soon as we find a product suited to the customer, the customer is then satisfied. Customer satisfaction is always our number one priority. Kind regards Jamie Beds.co.uk

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Takes well over 20 minutes at times. Disgraceful!

By Lou M.

Sent them an email last week as I don't think that I have received a memory foam mattress as advertised, still no reply. Will advise trading standards next week if no response and follow up with small claims court if necessary

By Kenneth F.

Hi, Thank you for your message, I can assure you that your order will be with you if it is not already. Please email me directly on resolutions.beds@gmail.com or call our aftersales team on 01215687126 and ask for Tom, I will be more than happy to assist you further

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hi there Ling, Could you please e-mail me with regards to your issue, My direct e-mail is julie@beds.co.uk. Regards. beds.co.uk.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Beds.co.uk staff and other customers.

Beds.co.uk?