Review of Beds.co.uk

sales@beds.co.uk

121 reviews with 1 star

johnw1581
3/13/19

I ordered a single bed with beds.co.uk the headboard had a hole missing were the nut had to be threaded I had to go out my way and do this myself, secondly were the headboard bottom side goes in to the base there was a bolt missing to secure the headboard, thirdly there was only 5 bed feet to secure the bed should of been 6, shoody workmanship DONT ORDER from this company very unprofessional delivery driver never phoned me 20 minz before delivery as requested and was constantly kept calling me on the phone were are u I am going ...?

patriciap338
2/9/19

We bought a king sized divan bed from this company in September 2018. I knew from the price that the bed wouldn't be top quality, after all you get what you pay for! However I didn't expect the base to collapse into the drawer within 3 months of purchasing it!! The quality of the bed base was very poor indeed. We have since purchased one of better quality from another company as I didn't want a replacement of the same quality, but I emailed Beds.co.uk advising them of the problem so that they have the right of reply before I write this review, but they did not have the decency to respond to me. Would definitely stay clear of this company in future!

lauram657
2/4/19

Absolute scam of a company. We placed our order online and the delivery information was all there at check out stating free delivery. We then got an text message and email asking us to pick a delivery slot but when we went onto premier deliveries link we were unable to select the time slot so I went to online chat for advice where I was then told that the delivery charge was £69.99 for my postcode. Although this is stated in the terms and conditions (was made aware of this when I went a searched the fine print) this once not once made clear during the purchase, further more I was informed I would have to ring a charged landline number to pay for the delivery over the phone which meant giving my card details over the phone, not very secure. When I asked to cancel the order I was then informed the only way I could do that was to ring another charged for landline number. So basically the company advertises cheap prices then once you pay, informs you of a massive delivery charge with an insecure way to pay for it and if you decide to cancel you are still out money because they charge you for the phone call to cancel. Far better using a different company who's prices seem a little more expensive but are upfront and honest about other charges. Plus I was waiting for 40mins on the phone (I tried calling twice), dreading my phone bill :(... I am out money and without a purchase, SCAM

johnh1923
1/11/19

Awful service all round. Frame & Mattress delivered separately which was a complete pain. Main bed supports have failed and 2 months later, very little in way of communication and trying to fob me off saying i have to wait for the manufacturer. Try to phone and waiting times are ridiculous. Joke of a business and they should be laws to protect people from vile business owners like these. The products are awful. Ordered the premium mattress with memory foam topper and its as hard as a piece of plywood. Dont waste your money or time with these idiots.

adrianl115
1/7/19

I ordered a divan, mattress and headboard directly from their website beds.co.uk
When the bed arrived the two divan parts were the same and there was no way to fix them together or attach the headboard (which cost extra). I tried emailing, I tried calling, I tried leaving online chat messages but I just cant get through to them by any of those methods. I have been unable to speak to anyone at all.
In the end I had no choice but to open a PayPal dispute, to which beds.co.uk said they would issue a refund as soon as I return the bed. This is no use to me, it means I'd have to package up a double bed and pay the costs of returning it which is a lot of work on my part just to make up for their mistake. I imagine the shipping would not be a small charge either. What I want is what I ordered and paid for in the first place but no-one has contacted me to actually find a solution, I cant get hold of anyone at beds.co.uk at all.
I would just order somewhere else and not risk it, I don't seem to be the only person with these kind of issues.

cristianp17
12/17/18

Low quality beds and mattresses, the head board doesn't fit with the bed and £100 more expensive than something similar on other websites. I maglde a mistake buying and trusting them

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello Cristian,

After reviewing the image you have supplied, you have set the headboard struts/headboard incorrectly.

Please see below of some instructions (video) to help guide you to assembling this correctly.

Attaching Headboard Bolts:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfsU6k9Wl40

Attaching Headboard Struts:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZFAW4o8f-4

Jamie

katec100
10/12/18

Received a terrible mattress. They originally offered to replace at a discount but didn't place the order because I hadn't left them a review. They finally agreed to collect, minus a £49 replacement fee, but a month later the refund hasn't come through.

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello Kate,

We are sorry to hear you are not happy with a mattress you received, but unfortunately, I am unable to find any order details, as you have not specified any delivery postcode or reference number. Could I kindly ask you to supply a Delivery postcode and/or reference number please, as this will help me to find your order details and to allow me to further assist you in your issue?

Please send your details to royce@beds.co.uk

carleyb4
10/12/18

Ordered a bed a few weeks ago thought this would be a bargain, the gentleman who delivered this was rude. When all the boxes were in my house I realised the wrong legs had been delivered (white) now for two weeks I have been chasing this with countless phone calls, the agents tell me they will ring me back, the manager will call me and absolutely nothing! It is shameful this company is even allowed to operate.

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello Carley

We are sorry to hear you are not happy with the products you received, but unfortunately, I am unable to find any order details, as you have not specified any delivery postcode or reference number.

Could I kindly ask you to supply a Delivery postcode and/or reference number please, as this will help me to find your order details and to allow me to further assist you in your issue.

Please send me an email to royce@beds.co.uk

lisaw514
10/2/18

Worse customer service in the world bed and mattress is the worse in the world pls do not by ever mattresses is like fag paper. U can feel springs in
The bed, customer service told me that they are not a charity case and I should of paid. The mattress had marks on it . Phone customer services and they were rude and also to take it back u have to pay 50 pounds for them to collect it

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello Carley

Please send me an email to royce@beds.co.uk

sylviac72
10/1/18

Bought Divan bed and mattress with drawers from this company. Bed was most uncomfortable and hard with no filling in the mattress. Got in touch by phone and e mail over several weeks, they asked for photos which were sent still no joy. Worst company ever. Do not use this company!!!

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello Sylvia,

Sorry to hear there is an issue with an order you have placed, but unfortunately I am unable to verify you have placed an order due to no reference or delivery postcode. If I could kindly ask you to provide this information, to royce@beds.co.uk I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

garyh412
9/24/18

Ordered a double Devan bed with 4 drawers.a mattress and headboard.delivered it to me on friday.driver found headboard at bottom of van under beds.when he took it out it was broken I said to him are you going to take it back.he said no you take it in and contact them and they will replace it.i signed the paper work and I write headboard broken on it.took the headboard inside and tried to contact them.no one answered the phone.i sent them an email explaining the situation.they emailed back the next day saying takes photos and order number etc and they will sort it out.now Monday two days later.no more replies to my emails.rang phone number 10 minutes later someone answers and told me I need to speak to after sales.said they would put me through.again waited 10 minutes and again told same thing.gave up no one takes responsibility.very poor after sales.stear clear of this company.or if you pay cash on delivery check goods first.and hold back any money if goods are faulty/broken
Or refuse the order.

michelled281
9/10/18

Ordered a rattan corner sofa / coffee table set for the garden from this company. The assembly instructions relied on each part being labelled, most weren't and around 65% of the parts delivered were incorrect / from a different model and had to be returned. This went on 8 times. Each time you get an incorrect delivery, you have to ring up. That average call waiting time is 20 minutes, so you rack up phone charges. On the 6th incorrect delivery, I tried to tell them to take the whole thing back and give me a refund. They refused unless I de-assembled it and packaged it back in the original packaging. As you can imagine, by this time I'm 6 weeks past the original delivery and no longer have the packaging or the time to do this. The drivers refuse to take it back as they say if it's damaged in transit, it gets docked from their wages. On the 8th delivery, they finally sent me the last correct part and a promise of a partial refund, which I never received. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE TRULY TERRIBLE.

caroliner65
9/2/18

I recently bought a king size mattress from here and have just emailed re that the mattress is saggy, no guts and causing me severe back pain which considering it's only myself in the bed and I'm not a heavy person. So hopefully they will do something! Don't hold my breath !

stephenr217
8/26/18

The mattress purchased is lumpy and completely uncomfortable, you can feel the springs through it. To make this worse you are offered a partial refund, but only if you leave them a 'raving review. So don't believe the good rating and reviews

deepab4
8/21/18

Bought few beds from this company. Very poor service had to chase them a lot before getting my delivery . To my surprise did not get the single bed delivered. Againg start chasing them ask for refund which was very hard to get . Spoke to a manager but no change this time they came to deliver without informing me. And was the wrong bed. Still waiting for refund lets see poor service.

samm306
8/13/18

Shocking company and diabolical customer service. They will take your money and not refund.
We ordered through your website and arranged delivery. We was then told the day before you didnt have it and someone would call us. a couple of days later they did and said they could provide the same bed from a different supplier
we ordered and then when due to be delivered they cancelled again so we requested a refund last monday.
Now we still haven't received. Spoke to someone on the phone but they wasn't helpful and said another 3-5 days

rachelw177
8/9/18

received a bed with an oil stain on the headboard. and within one night the slats started to break.
they sent two new slats and offered a £20 refund for the headboard stain. another slat broke on night 3 so contacted the company after we got back from holiday and they offered to send out 2 more slats and another £10 refund on the headboard.
I was not happy with this and asked for a replacement bed which they finally agreed to. but on receiving a call from the courier company I find out they are only replacing the headboard. will never use this company again. avoid at all costs

jf161
8/4/18

Should have read the reviews before ordering a bed & mattress. Decided to cancel the order the next day and 2 weeks later still havent been refunded despite numerous emails & phone calls. I can't believe this company hasn't been investigated by Watchdog or Trading Standards. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!

nazira5
8/1/18

Dodgiest company I've ever dealt with. Ordered a mattress that looks like they assembled it themselves in their backyard. Bounces like crazy every time you turn over, way too narrow (width conveniently not mentioned in site description) so it doesnt fit the bed and every time you turn you've got an arm and a shoulder drooping off the edge. It also had dirt patches on it. Surprised these clowns are still in business. I bet they made most of the positive reviews themselves. Dont buy from these dodgy lot

joannem160
7/9/18

Orderd a pocket spring mattress for £115 and what arrived was a cheap mattress can feel every spring in the mattress thin material and when partner moves in bed the whole mattress moves do not order mattress

darrenb94
7/6/18

Just received some garden furniture this morning from this company and its the worst Ive ever had, nothing fits and now nobodys answering the phone.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

ronnies64
7/5/18

We have used online ordering with other organisations and received nothing but exceptional standards of service - however the complete opposite is what we have received from beds.co.uk. Having ordered a dining room set for £399 on the 12/06 we received confirmation that payment had been received. No further contact was made thereafter regarding delivery until we contacted them and arranged delivery for Tuesday 19/06. After waiting in most of the day we received a call to say the item would not be delivered as it had been damaged in transit. We were advised that the item was no longer in stock and would need to be reordered however this would take 5-6 weeks or alternatively we could order a replacement item. We were promised a call the following day to give us time to decide. After waiting all day again, no call came resulting in us calling them again the day after only to be told that no items in clear glass were available only smoked glass despite being advised to the contrary on their website. We therefore requested a refund and were advised that this would be processed within 5 days, which we asked them to confirm by email - they didnt. We waited 5 days and no refund was forthcoming, we phoned again and were told they needed our bank details to process refund and gave no explanation for not having contacted us earlier to request this, again we were told another 5 days, again we asked for another confirmation email and none came. After yet another phone call we finally received an email confirming the refund was being processed followed a few days later by an email from PayPal confirming same. The refund finally cleared our account on the 5/07. In the meantime having gotten rid of our previous furniture we have been without any and no means to purchase another set while they held our money. An absolutely shambolic way to run an organisation and one that we will avoid at all costs in the future.

dazzah1
7/4/18

Should have took notice of the bad reviews and stayed well away from this company. Bought a bed from this company. Poor quality metal legs which bend and snap at the slightest movement of the bed!!! Also poorly fitting wooden slats which every time myself or my wife move they come apart and fall out. Paid £308 for this bed which they say was 70% off. Informed company of the problems but got nothing back!!!

davidw1043
6/25/18

Ordered a white frame bed with Memory Foam spring mattress ...bed arrived easy assembly but not great quality probably £20 worth of wood max. Mattress not as described Memory Foam spring Mattress certainly no memory foam in it... at the moment they offered me £12 as compensation.. not acceptable have escalated it to Trading Standards...do not buy..

mickd25
6/8/18

Sold me a "luxury" memory foam mattress to go with a Lift-up Ottoman bed. Bed is OK although it's a bit rickety (cheap, so expected) but the mattress was utter rubbish, the "memory foam" non-existent (or all but). I 'phoned but they insisted they sent the right mattress and weren't helpful. I certainly shan't be using this company again.

Hello, Thank you for your enquiry. I can assure you that the items we sell are very good quality and we do sell over 1,000 items per day to people all over the U.K. We have recently been struggling with our review sites due the fact that we have not spent much time collecting positive reviews from happy customer, and it tends to be the unhappy customer who leave reviews. We do our best to resolve any problems presented to us by customers, and have spent a lot of time and investment on our staffing and products. Our customer service team are there for the customers from beginning to end and continue to support customer up to twelve months after purchase. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us on 0121 526 7305 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or send us another message. Kind regards, Terri

you should be suspicious

By DON J.

Hello there Im Really sorry that some of the negative feedback that has been written on here has put you off from purchasing from us. Please see our updated reviews here ..https://www.trustpilot.com/review/beds.co.uk We are a multi million pound company and we dispatch over 5000 deliveries per week and we hold our hands up to slight complications on a handful of the orders. But we really hope you give us a chance to show you that we are a very efficient company with very nice reasonably priced high quality products. Kind regards Charlotte Beds.co.uk

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Ennesia, Sorry for the late response, I have been away due to personal reasons. Do you still require further assistance? If so please provide a delivery postcode or a reference number to locate your order details.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Jame, If the item received is as not as described, it is best for you to contact our After Sales Care Team on 0121 5686 7126 option 2. Once you have contacted them, they will request images of the item received, and will then advise you on the following steps. Hope this information has helped.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Mel, I can confirm, customers are eventually happy with there products. Majority of the time it is down to a personal preference that the customer does not like there product, but as soon as we find a product suited to the customer, the customer is then satisfied. Customer satisfaction is always our number one priority. Kind regards Jamie Beds.co.uk

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Takes well over 20 minutes at times. Disgraceful!

By Lou M.

Sent them an email last week as I don't think that I have received a memory foam mattress as advertised, still no reply. Will advise trading standards next week if no response and follow up with small claims court if necessary

By Kenneth F.

Hi, Thank you for your message, I can assure you that your order will be with you if it is not already. Please email me directly on resolutions.beds@gmail.com or call our aftersales team on 01215687126 and ask for Tom, I will be more than happy to assist you further

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hi there Ling, Could you please e-mail me with regards to your issue, My direct e-mail is julie@beds.co.uk. Regards. beds.co.uk.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Beds.co.uk staff and other customers.

Beds.co.uk?