Review of Allivet

Tel: 1 877 500 9944
customercare@allivet.com
2017 Customer choice award

Legitimate

Allivet has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

lisal322
12/11/17

It took them 5, yes, FIVE, days to get the shipping label printed and finally sent it out 6, yes, SIX, days after we placed the order. The product listing should have informed one of such an inordinately long shipping time. There is simply no excuse. Will never order from them again. Thankfully there are many other places that are comparably priced, but with much faster shipping times.

petec42
12/11/17

If your reading this.....DON'T order from this online mail order company......took them 2 months to get my dogs meds sent after asking my vet to resend scripts twice ! THEN, they sent hard white tablets rather than the CHEWABLE style I requested specifically ! VERY POOR CUST SERV DEPT & after being a loyal customer for over 3 yrs now they're raising prices for same 2 meds (NEXGARD & HEARTGARD) over $8.00- SORRY BUT I"M SHOPPING ELSEWHERE & warning others of their scam ! Check out generic equavialents online , very low prices elsewhere......we do have options in the U.S.A. - Allivets game is over !

donnac203
12/11/17

I get all most my prescriptions here at a very reasonable price, they contact my vet and I don't have to worry about a thing, I recommend Allivet to all my pet friends

vernw12
12/10/17

The site takes a bit of reading, but overall performance is fine. Saves driving to vet when that is not needed. I have a fine vet, but prices are a bit too high...

pd56
12/9/17

I paid for 2 day shipping for two prescriptions, after several inquiries I finally received one of them over a week later, no explanation as to why the second was missing although they had assured me both were on their way.

Tip for consumers: Order in advance, way in advance.

carolep22
12/7/17

It takes patience to place an order with Allivet. It is a cumbersome process and the price for Simparica is the only reason I placed the order. Based on other reviews, I do not expect my order to be received in a timely manner, possibly damaged, and maybe not correct. They will get one chance to send me my correct order and if they do not do so promptly, I will never order from them again.

michelec70
12/7/17

I ordered cosequin for my dogs, it arrived in a broken bottle from poor packaging. Allivet would not correct the issue by sending new packaging for the 250 pills. I returned the item. They placed me on autoship (after I returned this item) and I was charged 60.00 6 weeks later. They did this without my consent or knowledge. They would not refund the money unless I refused the package, which is not possible since I work. I had to dispute this with my bank for a refund.

cheryls136
12/7/17

Haven't received order yet, maybe the holiday rush is delaying it always great service and product accuracy..

carolt83
12/7/17

Really happy with the prices on heartworm meds. I purchased from Allivet last year also and was very happy with their service.

vickyf13
12/7/17

Had a problem with the Oravet dental chews and Allivet completely took care of me! Big surprise! I will continue to use them for my orders.

ronaellep
12/6/17

I ordered their Bird Biotic for a sick bird and paid $22 for overnight delivery. Call to find out where my order is and they shared it takes 24-48 hours to process orders. In my case it would be 48 hours and then they day they ship. FOUR days later and paying an additional $22 I will receive my order. This is totally unacceptable and I didn't see 48 hour processing time listed on their website. I will NEVER order from this company again.

ivetter3
12/5/17

Great product for an unbeatable price!
My dog loves the chewable tablets... he thinks he is getting a little treat!

joshp49
12/5/17

Great prices but some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I originally ordered a 1 year supply of sentinel for each of my two dogs. They requested a 2 year a subscription for one dog and completely left out the other dog from the subscription request. I was told from customer service my vet would only approve a 6 month subscription for dog #1 and not 2 years. I emailed AlliVet back immediately to let them know this was for two dogs and not one. I didn't hear a response from them for 4 days. I had to submit another email asking if they had heard from my vet about the additional dog since my order was placed on hold. They responded on the fifth day letting me know they were sorry for the lack of response. Customer service finally put in a request to my vet for approval on the second dog. I was then told Customer Service would have to manually update my order because of the issues to reflect a 6 month supply and a 1 year. They decided to charge me for three 6 month supplies instead of a 1 year supply and a 6 month supply. This resulted in an increase of $5 to my order because they offer a discount if you buy larger quantities. It's been 7 days and my order still hasn't shipped. If you don't mind dealing with a hassle for a low price I would use AlliVet otherwise I would go somewhere else with better customer service like Chewy.

nath1726
12/5/17

Polite and good customer service. Delivers at or before time. Medications are a lot less than locally. I highly recommend this company.

Nat H.

carolynv9
12/3/17

************************Love this product. Used on all my dogs since the 90s************************

tracyr60
12/3/17

This was my first time to use Allivet and it was a super easy process. I liked the free shipping and prices as I will now need to order regular for my dog's illness.

deidram5
12/1/17

The process for on line ordering was incredibly simple and pleasant. Pricing was very competitive, as well.

cujod
12/1/17

Everything worked very well. As painless as can be. I love the autoship functions and the design as it's well suited for the end user.

stuartk16
11/30/17

Helpful and very responsive! Much less expensive than local sources. Very easy to order. Will definitely use again.

michaelg401
11/29/17

I tried to order from this company before. Their price for Vetmedin showed around $59 in the shopping cart. When I chose autoship the price jumped up to around $65. I replied to an email they sent me and told them why I hadn't ordered from them. I never heard back from them. At another time I ordered vetmedin from them but I didn't use autoship. Everything was fine and I got my order but the time between vet confirmation email and shipping email was 3-5 days. I just tried to order from them again and vetmedin on the websearch was around $60. When I clicked on the link it was around $70. I'm done. Good luck to you....

robinc103
11/29/17

The cost of the prescription medicine I order is so much cheaper than getting it from the vet. Allivet not only saves us money, but the service is excellent. Easy to order on the website and has always arrived as promised to our back door.

robertl310
11/29/17

Placing an order for my ageing canine.They have what I need and seems to have gone well with the ordering procedure

arlenek9
11/27/17

Was referred by a relative and hope things go as smoothly as stated. Great prices on Black Friday. We have 2 cats and 1 dog so it should be a good source for things I need.

soniam55
11/27/17

With our six dogs, we love the convenience of Allivet.
They obtain the prescriptions directly from our Vet.
We need three different medications and the autoship is very helpful.
The quality is excellent and the prices are better than elsewhere.
If I need to call in, they are friendly and helpful.
Thank you, Allivet!

wallyb7
11/26/17

This website was amazing, as well as the prices. I hope that I do not have any problems sending the prescription in for product purchase for heartworms, etc. for I am very pleased with their services and products available. The only thing I do not understand is the reason for a protective prescription for a monthly and regular thing required and needed by my dog for not in all countries prescriptions are needed for heartworm related medication.

Hi Laurie, Here at Allivet we believe that it's what's inside that counts. Some of our medications do not come in their original box or bottle. However, Allivet only sells genuine FDA / EPA U.S. approved products- the same exact medications sold by your veterinarian, with same or better expiration dates. We guarantee this in writing on our website (check out 'Our Guarantees'). But don't just take our word for it: The National Association of Boards of Pharmacies inspects our facilities, products, and procedures each year to award us the Vet VIPPS certification. You can shop with confidence knowing that Allivet is certified for upholding the highest standards in pet pharmacy. So whether in a box, bottle or bag, you are getting 100% genuine FDA / EPA U.S. approved products- the same exact medications sold by your veterinarian, with same or better expiration dates. To know how your pet medication is sold, click on "How it's sold" in the product info. For medications such as Nexgard or Comfortis, we include a disclaimer there that says "This product is sold with the package inserts and instructions but does not include the box." If you do have any questions about a particular medication (packaging, administration, disposal, expiration date) please feel free to contact our pharmacist on duty. We're always happy to help!

By Tatiana R. [Allivet Rep]

My pup gets Vetoryl 10mg and 30mg. Both come in their original boxes, sealed and new, just like I get at my vet. Their prices are $75/month less than 1800-Pet-Meds for this medication. I cannot explain how they do it, but I am glad they do.

yes - my pup gets Vetoryl - both 10mg and 30mg. Both come in original boxes

By roger k.

as a consumer, you cannot upload, fax or send an Rx to any pharmacy. They can only accept a Fax Rx directly from your Vet, otherwise they need the hard copy.

By James H.

I called the manufacturer of NexGard, who told me they do not supply Allivet with their NexGard product directly. They could not tell me how Allivet gets there supply. Perhaps the reason Alligard does not ship NexGard in the mfg's box.

By James H.

I can only answer for myself. I was a customer of another online RX company that suddenly went out of business. The prices at my vet and 1800-Pet-Meds are MUCH higher than I was used to. I found this place after a search. Prices are much better. They faxed a request for RX to my vet. My vet answered and I had the meds 3 days later. Dont expect to get the meds quickly. There is a process that needs to happen, so start the process at least 10 days before you run out of meds. Allivet also sends an email if your vet is not responding to their request for the prescription. If that happens, just call your vet and ask them to fax the RX to Allivet and the process will continue. I have never spoken to anyone at Allivet. I have never needed to. I have only had to nudge my vet to send the prescription to Allivet. Other than that, it has been a smooth experience

By roger k.

Not for that particular product, no. But I would be very wary of doing business with them online-their business ethics are not what they should be.

By Colleen D.

By law, they are not allowed to ship your prescription until they have it in hand, but your vet may call or fax it in and it will be available immediately. You will need to go online and order. They usually ship by USPS, but you can pay extra for speedier shipping if needed.

By Lawrence C.

Hi Katherine, By law, we cannot ship prescription medication until we receive vet's authorization or the prescription in the mail.

By Tatiana R. [Allivet Rep]

Hi Rafael, We ship prescription orders internationally as long as you can present a valid prescription in English. We suggest you check with your local customs office to see if any additional taxes or tariffs apply.

By Tatiana R. [Allivet Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Allivet staff and other customers.

13 Photos for Allivet