Review of AllBirds

Tel: 1-888-963-8944
help@allbirds.com

janettem17
3/20/19

I bought my 1st pair to wear on a European vacation and fell in love. They're especially comfortable for the long plane rides. 2 years later and I just had a hip replacement and they are again my "go to" shoes. My feet were freezing for several reasons and they helped keep them warm. Plus they are good safe, grippy shoes to wear with my walker and cane. I sound like an old lady but I'm in my early 60's. I just received these cute blue ones and they cheer me up!

vickik50
3/9/19

I was looking for new sneakers that wouldn't end up being a waste of money if I didn't like them (as has happened in the past). Knowing I could return Allbirds no questions asked within thirty days, I went for it. I slid them on and they fit so perfectly you'd think they were made just for me, which has literally never happened in all the years I've tried on new shoes. They hug my feet but aren't so tight that my feet sweat or feel suffocated. The insoles are super comfortable, not too plush, but not completely unforgiving. It sounds cliche, but it's like "walking on a cloud"...they are actually the world's most comfortable shoe. So much so that my tree runners have essentially replaced all my other shoes at this point. I wear them every single day. The ONLY complaint I have is that the laces don't stay tied and need to be tightened pretty often.

kennethe61
2/19/19

This product has been delivering on all fronts since I got them a little over a month ago. As a college student I walk a lot and need a shoe that was up for the task. Not only do these shoes look better than most running shoes but, they are also very comfortable.
Since the top section of the shoe is made from wool the runners can breathe very well. To the point where I can wear them without sock and know that they will air out just fine. The use of this material also means that during the winter months my feet tend to be quite warm.
The sole of the product is made of a firm yet soft rubber. In the past I have had issues of foot cramps due to standing or walking for to long. However, the rubber in the wool runner is soft enough to support my feet. But it is firm enough to make sure you don't feel like you are sinking when you take a step. When it comes to traction some work could be done to improve this aspect. Due to its shallow groves it is hard to get footing when there is snow or mud on the ground. But this not a big issue since you will more than likely wear boots when there is a lot of snow.
When ordering the all birds they only come in whole sizes. So make sure that you order a size up if you are a half size. I am a 10.5 and ordered size 11, and they fit perfectly.
Overall these shoes are great for any active person who doesn't want to look like they are wearing athletic shoes.

vanessam162
2/9/19

I was super excited to purchase these shoes but ended up disappointed. They are not worth the money. I purchased the wool loungers to have some slip on ready to go shoes. Yes, they are comfortable but they state that they are breathable and mine still carry an odor. Also the inside of the shoe is coming unglued and I have only had them a year.

donj106
2/2/19

Bought shoes after friend raved about them and I really wanted wool shoes. They are the lightest shoes I have ever owned and they keep my feet warm. I wear a size 8-8.5 and I had to return the first pair for a size nine. The return process was easy: print a mailing label, take it the post office and as soon as it is in the system they send the new pair of shoes. The size nine is snug heel to toe so these shoes run small. My main issue is I wear Superfeet orthotics and the heel upper is so short my foot slides out when walking - I feel like I will lose my shoe. I wear them but I won't buy another pair.

vickir83
1/14/19

I love the shoes, they are super comfortable, although the style on the lounger is very "granny". I'll wear them but probably with trousers so I can hide them a little.

The problem I have is with their customer service which seems to be a very common complaint. I ordered and chased up after a week to find out they hadn't left at all due to a stock take. Why the hell didn't they email me when they go the order to say there would be a delay.

Will definitely by more merino shoes, but probably not from Allbirds

breg7
12/28/18

I wore the wool runners for a 15min walk around the block to test them and after a few minutes I felt the blisters forming. I now have two on the back of my ankles that are red and painful. The shoes rubbed which is likely the cluprit. My fiance wore his and could not handle how hot they were to wear. He also felt blisters forming but was lucky enough to avoid them. We will be returning and not buying again. They were comfortable in the sole but blisters and intense heat are a no go for us. The blisters will be likely to form again due to the height of the back of the shoe and the rubbing.

at98
12/13/18

Free shipping took well over 10 days! Seriously who does that? When they arrived, the fit was bad. On Allbirds website, it says no half sizes and to size up as they run small. I wear an 8 1/2 to 9 with a wide foot. Following their advice , I ordered the 9. When they finally arrived 10 days after ordering, I tried them on an they were huge! Too long and too wide. Very much like a mans shoe. I have a hunch they have only one last and it's based on a mans foot as even the heel fit is too big. So, I returned them and ordered the 8 because they don't do half sizes. When they arrived much, much later , they were too small. Hey,
Allbirds there is a reason shoes come in half sizes. Make half sizes duh! And double the amount of business. Also, San Francisco company but you ship from Tennessee ? Another bad idea. Glad I'm not an investor in your company.

johnt917
12/5/18

Paid for 2nd day delivery and it didn't arrive. Normally not a big deal but in this case it will end up on a doorstep for one month while we are away! Bought them specifically for the trip.

vickis143
11/17/18

I found these shoes on an advertisement on Facebook. I couldn't wait to receive them and was very disappointed when I did. I ordered a size 9, in which I wear in every shoe, other than running and tennis shoes, but they were too small and sadly they don't make half sizes. I wish that I had read the reviews before purchasing. I ended up giving them to my daughter-in-law who wears an 8 1/2 and they fit perfectly.

valeriej56
10/20/18

I was so excited to get a pair of runners for me (female) and loungers for my husband. Unfortunately, both pairs are so incredibly narrow that we have to return them. Neither of us typically wears wide shoes. Even though we both ordered the perfect length, they are so narrow that his foot was hanging over the sole on both sides and my toes were on top of each other. Also, they are so thin that you can clearly see your toe outline, as if they were a really old pair of worn out shoes. Very disappointing! No wonder the company doesn't allow reviews to be posted on their website.

katieh152
9/19/18

This company does not care. I ordered a pair of shoes that was not delivered because purolator thought my house didnt exist. After calling purolator 6 times, they still did not deliver. I called allbirds for a new package sent with canada post. They sent it again with purolator. Again, purolator did not try to deliver. Then the third time they sent with canada post. I called every day for 1 week to try and address this issue. Then suddenly I receive 3 pairs of shoes. I called allbirds to request a return label for 2 shoes to send off before i go to work. They make me wait and I was late for work since they never sent the shipping labels. Then When i called the next day to request a shipping label to return the 3rd pair as well, the girl on the phone sent it in 1 second. the manager Jin Kim acts concerned for your customer experience but In the end he didnt do anything. theyre do not know proper customer service. Just go to a real brand store like nike or adidas and get shoes you know you will like. If you want bull$#*! customer service, call allbirds.

bethanyh35
8/31/18

Been wearing a pair of allbird wool runners (about 50% of the time) for a year and a half now. I had never heard of them until my husband got them for me for my birthday, and then I was irritated because I didn't like the look of them and had wanted to pick out my own shoes (jerk, I know). Was planning to return them but I tried them on just so he wouldn't feel too bad, and then didn't want to take them off. After wearing them a week I had decided that I loved them. I can move my claustrophobic toes around with ease. The only downside to these is that now all my other shoes feel very rigid and constricting in comparison. I'm not sure why others on here have had such a negative experience, but wanted to share my good experience to counteract that. Came across these reviews while trying to decide what kind of allbirds to get for my next pair.

sp149
8/16/18

These are not even close to being the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn. In less than 5 steps I could feel the back of the shoes grating on my heels. By the end of the day I had 2 blisters on the heels. The tip of my toes and the top of my foot (the tarsal-metatarsal joints) were extremely sore. I wear a size 8 in everything except my running shoes where I wear an 8.5. My past 2 pair of shoes were Danskos and Sauconys ... those I wore for 12 hrs right off the bat with no problems whatsoever. Thankfully Allbirds has a 30 day return policy.

bobd269
8/15/18

I was so excited when my Albirds arrived. A breathable shoe made of natural, sustainable components - it sounded like a dream come true.

Myth 1: You won't need socks
Truth 1: I have never had a more smelly foot in my entire life than during the 20-some days of wearing the shoe without socks. It does not breathe as promised, so your feet get more sweaty all throughout the day. ... So, with all due respect, you do need to wear a clean pair of socks with there shoes unless you want to grow a gross bacteria farm on your feet.

Myth 2: Most comfortable shoe in the world
Truth 2: This is the only shoe that I have ever gave me a blister/sore from regular use over such a short period of time. I did not run a marathon. I did not go on a hike. I just used the shoes during the week while working at the office, and it was a painful experience. ... I tried to make it work by putting medical tape over my heel, which is where the very rough edge inside the shoe had rubbed off my skin.

Myth 3: No negative reviews means that it is a great shoe
Truth 3: Allbirds does not sell through regular channels, such as on Amazon. There is no convenient way to leave an honest review. I literally had to go a site called SiteJabber to leave a review - what about having a place on the Allbirds website where people can leave their reviews, whether they be positive or not positive? What about honesty? ... On YouTube and other avenues, some people have kindly taken the time to share their thoughts, and it is a mixed bag. On popular blogs, reviews are shared with affiliate links - those reviews are, of course, all butterflies and rainbows.

It seems that Allbirds is not about actually supplying quality products. Instead, they go to great lengths to use sustainable materials to create, well ... a garbage shoe. I got mine refunded. Yet I wonder how many people had a similar experience to my own and who just did not want to take the time to send them back. Or who felt guilting about returning a shoe that is supposedly so wonderful, or so the website claims.

The customer service team was very helpful in getting the return taken care of, but then again, I was only returning the shoe because it was absolutely nothing as described. Perhaps Allbirds is not in the business of selling shoes, but in the business of charging a premium for a shoe product that doesn't work and then controlling the narrative so that only a few people want to do a return. Is that really selling a shoe, or selling a lie?

sandym206
6/30/18

I bought these shoes and I love the look and the feel. I have always wore a size 6 in any shoe and when I got them they felt a little snug on the toes but felt they would loosen up as they were worn. I had on very thin socks and I walked some a couple of days before going for a longer walk. I got terrible blisters on both heels that took two weeks to heal. I would not suggest this shoe for the fact that there are no half sizes. I can wear them out for a short period of time but for $95.00 I was expecting a whole lot more. I will not purchase another pair.

carolee13
5/15/18

I ordered a pair of the wool runners. They came in 2 days. The colour (yellow) is very pretty. The size seems good. I wear 8 1/2 and the 9 seems great. I went for a 3 kilometre walk and had to go barefoot the last half kilometre because my blisters were so bad. I have very tender feet but I walk a lot so was surprized and disappointed.

johns2550
12/19/17

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

katej40
12/16/17

Dont book unless you are sure enough with your travel dates! they will make an excuse for refunding everything! travel insurance was useless by the way! will cost you a lot and will make you wait for 3-4 months or nothing! customer service was not properly trained. dont fall for their trap! I am warning you!

nazmuss4
12/7/17

It's an excellent design site... in my see. There is so many color contest in the website. I will give you 5 of 5 stars

alexm331
11/16/17

The Wool Runners by Allbirds --- turns out superfine merino makes the world's most comfy shoes. Thank you

sjs9
11/3/17

till not understand how to work...
Think This is best easy site to earning money in Bangladesh.Easy Work to Earning Online Money. Thanks Earnopedia.

lesm21
10/5/17

They just great birds .and they fly funny and also u call u women bird as she cute like a bird .

You have peogines robins crow all sorts

patrickf56
9/22/17

I absolutely love the shoes and the extremely fast and courteous service. I have had nothing but positive experiences, and have bought six pairs for myself, family and friends. Exchanging a pair...we ordered the wrong size....was completely painless...thank you!

silvestrio
9/9/17

Todas las compras han sido satisfactorias, y no he tenido problemas con su seguimiento. Lo recomiendo

I bought my tree runners about four months ago, wear them every single day and even put them through the wash once. They're still in great condition.

By Vicki K.

Questions? Get answers from the AllBirds staff and other customers.

1 Photo for AllBirds