Review of Maurices

Tel: 1.866.977.1542
customerservice@maurices.com

hollys202
8/1/19

I wear the same size Jean every where I shop. I ordered jeans from Maurices, same size I always buy from any other business and they are way too small. They need to put on the website clothes run smaller than other plus size store Co. Or on certain clothing the sizes run smaller. I don't know if anybody else has had issues with jeans from Maurice's... I probably will not buy from them again though.

jenniferc838
5/17/19

For a company that doesn't have a return policy they refused to do my return because the manager didn't know how to do the online return and basically said I can't return your items. She called the store manager who said no we cannot return your items even though you have the receipt and you only purchased these items a few days ago.

mstrutho
5/11/19

Never received my rewards points for an online purchase three weeks ago. Then a pair of shoes i ordered was on backorder, why are they selling things they dont have? Reporting to the BBB...do NOT SHOP HERE

Edit:
Logging into my account today I notice I never got my rewards points for my order. Call customer service amd was told my account was closed. Why? For the bbb complaint. Pretty sure retaliation is a bad choice on their part. THEN I find out they MERGED my account with my daughters without permission or notification! Highly illegal! What if I were estranged from my daughter, then my financial info would be accessible to her! Told me they escalate it and i should hear in TEN days. Thats another 10 days of my private money info being on someone elses account. Lawsuit, here we come. Avoid this trashy company. The ceo gets lauded as this wonderful guy but he runs this company like a shady mafia that takes revenge on customers for complaining. Disgustingly immoral.

Tip for consumers: DONT

paulap166
4/25/19

Ordered 2 orders from Maurice's & waited oin my orders , they never came. I called & they had 2 blank orders.. Buy one get one half off of the vigoss jeans. I'm betting several didn't receive theirs

kristenh92
4/23/19

I ordered some clothes through their website and if what the order tracker says is true, it will be 10 days from order to delivery. I could have just gone to the damn store if I knew it was going to take THAT long. I live in a major city, not some rural area. Theres no reason it should take that long. Amazon delivers in 2 days.

robinh279
3/17/19

I bought two gift cards at Christmas each for the amount of $75.00. One card had $75 on it the other showed $0 balance. Two times I tried to get it corrected. They tell me the gift card I have is not the right one. So I'm out the $75.00. Well my daughter didn't get to use her gift card I got her for Christmas. I believe some one loaded the card and kept it or gave it to someone else. So I'm out the $75.00' Nice little thing they got going on. Heck every time I order anything it is on back order or not in stock . How do you sell something you don't have. I know use a gift card and you still pay for it . So good luck buying gift cards online.

jennifera331
3/1/19

My jeans were OK but the tops were very resistant to the dryer. My sweater got white spots and huge wrinkles.. It also got over stretched. My short sleeve top got saggy and wrinkled. Ugh.. I will never shop at Maurices again

katee53
2/18/19

I cancelled my order immediately after placing it and they refused to cancel it - said they were sorry but it was not possible!!!!!! I plan on making a formal complaint on how their site says you have an hour window to cancel. My emails are date & time stamped. They trap customers with deceiving policies they do not honour. Don't buy anything from them!!!!!!

jenniferh766
1/28/19

I bought two pairs of jeans about 2 weeks ago, and I totally love them. Yesterday I put them on and my boyfriend noticed that my favorite jeans had started splitting on the butt. I'm so sad....

britneyr10
1/27/19

I got a pair of snow boots. This store was my only option. At first glance they were great, they fit well. Then I got outside, the plastic sole instantly slid on the ice, it also slides on flooring. The boot has no insulation at all! I am extremely disappointed!

la70
1/22/19

I enjoy a lot of the clothes I have purchased from Maurice's however their customer service has been the absolute worst I have ever experienced. It is now Jan. 22 and I am STILL waiting on a refund from December 19. I returned three items and received refunds for two of the three. When calling, no one seems to know why. They have "accidentally" hung up on me twice, "forwarded" my call only to let it ring and ring. Needless to say I called right back and the woman hung up on me again. I finally was forwarded to a Supervisor. This individual called me back and her service was breaking in and out. I told her I couldn't hear her and hung up. She called me back immediately and I still couldn't hear her. I hung up. She proceeded to call me, back to back 7 times. I didn't answer because I couldn't hear/understand her. My communication via email has been just as awful. I'm told they are looking into it- for two weeks now. Granted, it's only $34 but I don't care. It's the principal that their customer service is absolutely rude and disrespectful.I've asked to speak to someone else but have yet to hear back from them. I will keep going until I get MY money back.

constancea16
12/29/18

My new sweater dress from Walmart had a special & poignant memory as I noticed the Maurices name tag! My son was a fashion designer & merchantdizer for "HOT KISS" for many years & took me on his travel sales calls....one was Maurices. He treated me like a queen & we had lots of laughs & fun! Mikal Left us after a valiant fight with cancer....Thanks for the memory & a lovely new sweater dress. Constance Aguirre

heidip50
11/28/18

I went into the store to look at a dress I found online. They did not have the dress in their store, so I tried on a similar one and then ordered the dress I wanted online in a size small. This was two weeks prior to my party. I received the dress unfortunately it came to me in a size XL. I called customer service and they shipped me another dress and I returned the oversized one. Well the dress shipping confirmation said it was delievered even though it was not. I was home at said time and we have a ring doorbell and no one came to our house. I called customer service again and they basically told me I was out of luck as they could not guarantee I would get another dress in time even though they could have overnighted the dress to me. So after ordering in plenty of time in advance I am screwed and now have to try to find time with my long work day tomorrow to find a dress that fits properly and I like. Sooooo disappointed with maurices at this point and don't know if I will ever return even though this is where I purchase 90% of my work clothes from here.

triciav5
11/24/18

So I have a Maurice' s card. I was in the local store today and was told that if I purchased $100 in items, I would get $40 off. Sounds good, although I only went in for leggings. Got some work shirts, etc. Total cost, $110. Used my card and got 10% off automatically. New total, $99. So now, they won't give me the $40 off. Buy something small she said, it's basically free. No, it's not. Walked out of the store. They lost $110 over $1.

dawne74
10/30/18

I have been a customer of Maurices since their store opened in my town more than 10 years ago. It's all I have in my closet except the oddball random old sweater from a christmas gift or whatever. I never have a bad experience. The gals in the store know me pretty well by now, even if I don't buy anything(rarely), they are still willing to help and are so polite. I dread the thought of shopping in a department store because their stuff is set up weird and NEVER in the right spot. Sizes are unpredictable and there are often too many options. Finding what you want is like finding a needle in a haystack. Ugh. Annoying. I see people complaining of paying shipping fees, wrong sizes, etc. on here. First of all... if you have the credit card, you never pay shipping, second...drive your happy butt to the store and get your money back or a new item. You don't have to return by mail. The store has the ability to order what you want. Just have it shipped to the store for free if you're not happy with what you are returning/exchanging.

clarar37
9/22/18

Ive been to several in malls and outlets in my state and for some odd reason there customer service is amazing. They will help you find what your looking for and if your on a budget they help you find amazing and cute styles on sales

sarahm633
9/17/18

So. I was in the store today. And im about a size 6. The women associates greeted me, told me about the sale that was going on. I said thank you and im just looking around. It was my first time in the store..ever...so i was just feeling it out. I have heard good reviews before so i wanted to see for my self. I could have bren shopping for someone else. I felt like the sales person was stalking me. I was in there for maybe 15 mins just looking around and she approached me 4 times. I was so uncomfortable she told me i was in the plus sizes and my sizes were on the other side. I felt like i was not welcome in the store.

kyliep12
9/16/18

I've had a credit card with Maurices for almost 7 years now and aways kept my credit in good standing with them. Today I went to use my credit card (which I have not used since November last year because I wanted to pay off my debt) and my card had been deactivated because they had tried to contact me via mail to update information and I did not reply. I don't know about the rest of you but I pay my bill from my bank app and every once in a while over the phone to check my balance so I had no idea. I just found it odd they can contact you when they want your money but never did I receive a voicemail stating I needed to update information. You'd think a customer like me who they could see clearly spends a decent amount of money there wouldn't just get their card deactivated. Not to mention it was slightly embarrassing at the counter to be told my card was no longer active l.

leslier114
9/15/18

I love this store, not sure why so many bad reviews. Never had bad customer service experience and I have shopped at every Maurices on the East coast. Online experiences have always been great, no issues with exchanging anything. Clothes have always been true to size and great quality. Pretty much the only store I shop at, and i constantly get compliments on my clothes. Love, love this store.

kamh5
9/1/18

My husband purchased a gift certificate..that supposedly never expires. The company switched to a different system...and the gift certificate I have...they do not have a "record" of it. Even though I scanned it and sent it to them. $100.00 on this certificate down the drain!!

lw61
8/26/18

So I ordered two items from Maurice's online. I had three $5 rewards to use, a coupon for 25% off, and my Maurice's credit card. With the card, I get 10% off my purchase and free shipping. Great. Well, one item gets canceled and all that remains is a tank top for $20. Well Maurice's decides to charge me $6.97. Well even a child could realize the math is very wrong here. With the coupon and my 10% off, I should've been paying $13. Well with three - $5 rewards, my shirt should have been free. Well Maurice's still charges me $6.97. I contact customer service, she advised my rewards were used and was of no assistance whatsoever. I contact them again explaining the situation. They refund me my money, but hardly any sort of apology. Someone else contacts me regarding this, to apologize as well as a coupon for a measly 30% off my next purchase. Amazing customer service. For someone who has been a cardholder with Maurcie's and has purchased hundreds of dollars in clothing - the company could give a $#*! less. Maybe they should hire some monkeys to work in their customer care center. They would probably do a lot better than these three representatives did.

alyshiab1
8/6/18

I spend probably around 200 dollars every 2 months at this store online and have loved everything I have received. They have great promotions and reward constantly and the quality is amazing. I have jeans, jacket, shoes , purses, tshirts everything they sell and it all washes very well.

christend1
8/6/18

I needed a pair of jeans from the store in Oklahoma City and they have no way of getting them. They no longer have the option to ship store to store and the person on the phone pretty much told me to drive the 2 1/2 hours and go get them

jennat18
7/28/18

I was recently in the store with my mom bc I absolutely love the clothes here. We walked in and there were two associates behind the cash wrap. They never once greeted us, asked if we needed any help in finding anything or offer us a fitting room. My mom had to find a room on her own, every room had someones name on it, so she just went into one. I had three shirts that I really liked in my hand and my mom asked if I was going to get them. I said no. If I cant even be said hello to when we walked in, why would I buy clothes from them. We ended up leaving the clothes in the fitting room and leaving without a have a nice day or thanks for coming from the associates. We were in there for a good 20 minutes or more and the two girls stood behind the cash wrap the whole time on a tablet and talking and laughing with each other and my mom and I werent the only two in the store. There was another 3-5 people in there as well not being helped. I wont be going back anytime soon thats for sure

madelineh20
7/23/18

You would think with the ratings on here would make Maurices evaluate their customer care team.

This review honestly is not worth my time writing Bc they are not going to change.

Just be warned if you place an order online you will not receive any help if their is an error.

Maurices? Yes, its certainly not a garage sale

By Danielle H.

Yes, to the store/send back, if paypal was used it can only be sent back, not returned to the store, happened to me

They told me no

By Danielle H.

Absolutely. You can also return it in store.

By Vanessa F.

No. You just have to wear clothing that looks like it could be from there but sometimes....upper management might recommend you be in newer more current items.

By Vanessa F.

No. A 3 is a 24. The plus sizing starts at a 0 which is like an xl but with more room in the chest, arms, and more length (also equivalent to a 14). So a 1 is like an XXL, a 2 would be like a 3X(20/22) and a 3 is like a 4x (24). Online we go to a 4 which is a 26.

By Vanessa F.

I apologize for any bad recent experience you have had at Maurices. However, as with any company, one store does not represent all stores. Maurices are run individually by store managers who make decisions on who to hire. I work with an awesome team at my store. We love shopping with our customers and making their shopping experience fun. I agree if there is any circumstance where employees are rude it needs to be addressed. I recommend if you encounter this again that it is communicated to the store manager. They have a right to know that their employees are negatively impacting their customer's experiences to the point they don't even want to shop there. I, as a manager, would take this very seriously. Any manager that doesn't, it obviously is just poor management=bad employees and customer service situation.

By Ruby H.

Questions? Get answers from the Maurices staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Maurices