Review of Maurices

Tel: 1.866.977.1542
customerservice@maurices.com

jenniferh766
1/28/19

I bought two pairs of jeans about 2 weeks ago, and I totally love them. Yesterday I put them on and my boyfriend noticed that my favorite jeans had started splitting on the butt. I'm so sad....

britneyr10
1/27/19

I got a pair of snow boots. This store was my only option. At first glance they were great, they fit well. Then I got outside, the plastic sole instantly slid on the ice, it also slides on flooring. The boot has no insulation at all! I am extremely disappointed!

la70
1/22/19

I enjoy a lot of the clothes I have purchased from Maurice's however their customer service has been the absolute worst I have ever experienced. It is now Jan. 22 and I am STILL waiting on a refund from December 19. I returned three items and received refunds for two of the three. When calling, no one seems to know why. They have "accidentally" hung up on me twice, "forwarded" my call only to let it ring and ring. Needless to say I called right back and the woman hung up on me again. I finally was forwarded to a Supervisor. This individual called me back and her service was breaking in and out. I told her I couldn't hear her and hung up. She called me back immediately and I still couldn't hear her. I hung up. She proceeded to call me, back to back 7 times. I didn't answer because I couldn't hear/understand her. My communication via email has been just as awful. I'm told they are looking into it- for two weeks now. Granted, it's only $34 but I don't care. It's the principal that their customer service is absolutely rude and disrespectful.I've asked to speak to someone else but have yet to hear back from them. I will keep going until I get MY money back.

constancea16
12/29/18

My new sweater dress from Walmart had a special & poignant memory as I noticed the Maurices name tag! My son was a fashion designer & merchantdizer for "HOT KISS" for many years & took me on his travel sales calls....one was Maurices. He treated me like a queen & we had lots of laughs & fun! Mikal Left us after a valiant fight with cancer....Thanks for the memory & a lovely new sweater dress. Constance Aguirre

heidip50
11/28/18

I went into the store to look at a dress I found online. They did not have the dress in their store, so I tried on a similar one and then ordered the dress I wanted online in a size small. This was two weeks prior to my party. I received the dress unfortunately it came to me in a size XL. I called customer service and they shipped me another dress and I returned the oversized one. Well the dress shipping confirmation said it was delievered even though it was not. I was home at said time and we have a ring doorbell and no one came to our house. I called customer service again and they basically told me I was out of luck as they could not guarantee I would get another dress in time even though they could have overnighted the dress to me. So after ordering in plenty of time in advance I am screwed and now have to try to find time with my long work day tomorrow to find a dress that fits properly and I like. Sooooo disappointed with maurices at this point and don't know if I will ever return even though this is where I purchase 90% of my work clothes from here.

triciav5
11/24/18

So I have a Maurice' s card. I was in the local store today and was told that if I purchased $100 in items, I would get $40 off. Sounds good, although I only went in for leggings. Got some work shirts, etc. Total cost, $110. Used my card and got 10% off automatically. New total, $99. So now, they won't give me the $40 off. Buy something small she said, it's basically free. No, it's not. Walked out of the store. They lost $110 over $1.

dawne74
10/30/18

I have been a customer of Maurices since their store opened in my town more than 10 years ago. It's all I have in my closet except the oddball random old sweater from a christmas gift or whatever. I never have a bad experience. The gals in the store know me pretty well by now, even if I don't buy anything(rarely), they are still willing to help and are so polite. I dread the thought of shopping in a department store because their stuff is set up weird and NEVER in the right spot. Sizes are unpredictable and there are often too many options. Finding what you want is like finding a needle in a haystack. Ugh. Annoying. I see people complaining of paying shipping fees, wrong sizes, etc. on here. First of all... if you have the credit card, you never pay shipping, second...drive your happy butt to the store and get your money back or a new item. You don't have to return by mail. The store has the ability to order what you want. Just have it shipped to the store for free if you're not happy with what you are returning/exchanging.

clarar37
9/22/18

Ive been to several in malls and outlets in my state and for some odd reason there customer service is amazing. They will help you find what your looking for and if your on a budget they help you find amazing and cute styles on sales

sarahm633
9/17/18

So. I was in the store today. And im about a size 6. The women associates greeted me, told me about the sale that was going on. I said thank you and im just looking around. It was my first time in the store..ever...so i was just feeling it out. I have heard good reviews before so i wanted to see for my self. I could have bren shopping for someone else. I felt like the sales person was stalking me. I was in there for maybe 15 mins just looking around and she approached me 4 times. I was so uncomfortable she told me i was in the plus sizes and my sizes were on the other side. I felt like i was not welcome in the store.

kyliep12
9/16/18

I've had a credit card with Maurices for almost 7 years now and aways kept my credit in good standing with them. Today I went to use my credit card (which I have not used since November last year because I wanted to pay off my debt) and my card had been deactivated because they had tried to contact me via mail to update information and I did not reply. I don't know about the rest of you but I pay my bill from my bank app and every once in a while over the phone to check my balance so I had no idea. I just found it odd they can contact you when they want your money but never did I receive a voicemail stating I needed to update information. You'd think a customer like me who they could see clearly spends a decent amount of money there wouldn't just get their card deactivated. Not to mention it was slightly embarrassing at the counter to be told my card was no longer active l.

leslier114
9/15/18

I love this store, not sure why so many bad reviews. Never had bad customer service experience and I have shopped at every Maurices on the East coast. Online experiences have always been great, no issues with exchanging anything. Clothes have always been true to size and great quality. Pretty much the only store I shop at, and i constantly get compliments on my clothes. Love, love this store.

kamh5
9/1/18

My husband purchased a gift certificate..that supposedly never expires. The company switched to a different system...and the gift certificate I have...they do not have a "record" of it. Even though I scanned it and sent it to them. $100.00 on this certificate down the drain!!

lw61
8/26/18

So I ordered two items from Maurice's online. I had three $5 rewards to use, a coupon for 25% off, and my Maurice's credit card. With the card, I get 10% off my purchase and free shipping. Great. Well, one item gets canceled and all that remains is a tank top for $20. Well Maurice's decides to charge me $6.97. Well even a child could realize the math is very wrong here. With the coupon and my 10% off, I should've been paying $13. Well with three - $5 rewards, my shirt should have been free. Well Maurice's still charges me $6.97. I contact customer service, she advised my rewards were used and was of no assistance whatsoever. I contact them again explaining the situation. They refund me my money, but hardly any sort of apology. Someone else contacts me regarding this, to apologize as well as a coupon for a measly 30% off my next purchase. Amazing customer service. For someone who has been a cardholder with Maurcie's and has purchased hundreds of dollars in clothing - the company could give a $#*! less. Maybe they should hire some monkeys to work in their customer care center. They would probably do a lot better than these three representatives did.

alyshiab1
8/6/18

I spend probably around 200 dollars every 2 months at this store online and have loved everything I have received. They have great promotions and reward constantly and the quality is amazing. I have jeans, jacket, shoes , purses, tshirts everything they sell and it all washes very well.

christend1
8/6/18

I needed a pair of jeans from the store in Oklahoma City and they have no way of getting them. They no longer have the option to ship store to store and the person on the phone pretty much told me to drive the 2 1/2 hours and go get them

jennat18
7/28/18

I was recently in the store with my mom bc I absolutely love the clothes here. We walked in and there were two associates behind the cash wrap. They never once greeted us, asked if we needed any help in finding anything or offer us a fitting room. My mom had to find a room on her own, every room had someones name on it, so she just went into one. I had three shirts that I really liked in my hand and my mom asked if I was going to get them. I said no. If I cant even be said hello to when we walked in, why would I buy clothes from them. We ended up leaving the clothes in the fitting room and leaving without a have a nice day or thanks for coming from the associates. We were in there for a good 20 minutes or more and the two girls stood behind the cash wrap the whole time on a tablet and talking and laughing with each other and my mom and I werent the only two in the store. There was another 3-5 people in there as well not being helped. I wont be going back anytime soon thats for sure

madelineh20
7/23/18

You would think with the ratings on here would make Maurices evaluate their customer care team.

This review honestly is not worth my time writing Bc they are not going to change.

Just be warned if you place an order online you will not receive any help if their is an error.

katiel96
7/17/18

So..my bank blocks my card and flags this website for fraud. They told me this websites is associated with Shazam and it will mess up your computer and from things Ive read on here I believe it!! Also, their clothes are way to expensive, and really not that great of quality.

bonniec118
6/19/18

I ordered online June 6; was emailed June 7 that my order was on the way via UPS 5-7 day shipping (even thought their shipping policy is 7-10 business days). When I tried tracking the order, the shipment never showed up (only the label had been printed). I tried calling and emailing but kept getting the same story, "you are still in the 10-day window". I tried explaining that my card had been charged (June 7) but my package was still sitting in the warehouse.

I finally hit the end of my 10-day window today and was told my items were never picked up by UPS (which I told me several times) and that they would issue a refund and reorder my items. However, when the CS rep returned to the phone she informed me that 3 of my 6 items were no longer available (no sh!%).

I told her to just issue a refund and that I would shop elsewhere in the future.

candicep31
5/21/18

My computer froze up and I accidentally completed two orders for the same items. I used my pay pal account through my bank. Once I realized what I had done, when I received two email orders I emailed Maurice's and when hours later hadn't heard anything I went on the live chat. My distress was compounded by the fact that one of the orders was going to the previous address. What a nightmare!!! So on the live chat I was trying to explain that my computer had froze up so I had stupidly completed the order again and could the gentleman please cancel the order going to my previous address? I had both order numbers and they were three minutes apart. He shut me down and said I would have to wait until I received them both and then I could return the one. I told him it would be difficult to receive the one since it was going to a different address. He would not return the one order, nor would he change the address. Terrible customer service. I will NEVER buy anything again from MAURICES!!!! Wouldn't do anything to help me

elliem45
4/16/18

Even though the prices were to steep for my taste, I found the in-store experience to be great! They immediately engaged me in conversation, actually found clothes for me, and checked up on me while I was trying on clothes. I'm a sales floor associate at a different store, and they inspired me to do better on customer service where I work.

victorial75
2/28/18

I paid $7 for shipping when I ordered a pair of jeans. I ordered them in the short length as I am 54. Jeans are too long. They have an extra short length but will not do an exchange. I have to return jeans via UPS and pay for that plus they charge $6 for return. So I have paid $7 for shipping, guesstimate $6 or $7 to return via UPS plus they deduct $6 for return. That means I am paying $19 -$20 for nothing. What kind of customer service is that? It is called getting played. I will never do business with this company again.

betsyt12
2/3/18

I was a first-time customer with Maurice's on line. I order a cute plaid shirt in my usual size. It was too small. When I went to see about exchanging it, that is not an option. I have to return the shirt (and pay shipping again), then re-order on line and pay shipping again! I'm not going to do that, but I will end up paying $14 to ship both ways and end up without a shirt! There are too many options with free shipping for me to bother with Maurice's again.

Tip for consumers: Don't use the online store.

rosaliek3
1/27/18

My wallet was stolen, from what shouldve been a secure location, and the $100 gift card I received from Maurices for Christmas was inside. I called and emailed them on Jan 4, the day after the theft. I had no response so gave up. They got back to me 3 weeks later and asked for the gift card number so they could reissue the card. After multiple correspondences back and forth, i provided Maurices Customer service with the registration number on the receipt and a copy of the original receipt, which was the only document given by Mauruces when the gift card was purchased. Unfortunately maurices blacks out the gift card number except the last four digits on their receipts. I advised that I dont have the gift card number because the only place it was is on the card that was stolen in my wallet. Can they find the number since I gave all other information down to the minute the purchase was made. I even offered to send a copy of the police report.
After having to replace all my ID and cards, the hope Maurice gave me that they could replace the card made the situation more bearable.
In the end, I feel they wasted my time knowing that the only place the card number would be is on the gift card that was stolen. They say they cannot track gift card numbers so I guess somehow I should have written it down in case it was stolen. Theres no point in keeping the actual receipt. Its no help. If I could go back, I wouldnt have wasted my time contacting them.

terrib71
1/25/18

A friend at work told me about Maurices, so I checked it out and ended up placing about three rather large orders from their online store. Everything had been great ... until recently. I went to place another large order (11 shirts, 2 pairs of jeans, 2 necklaces). My order went through, I received confirmation and then I received a notification that my order had been shipped, however, all 11 shirts were canceled with no explanation. I also noticed that the duties (I live in Canada) increased somehow from the $41.00 I had agreed to pay on the 11 shirts, 2 pairs of jeans and 2 necklaces to $67.00 for only the 2 pairs of jeans and 2 necklaces that I was to end up receiving!! I called customer service who attempted to tell me that the increase was due to the conversion from US to CDN money ... um, no ... $41.00 US is about $51.00 CDN. I spoke with a different customer service agent who escalated the matter, but also advised me over the phone that she didn't know why those shirts were canceled as some were in fact, still in stock. I also went online again to see if the shirts were still available ... they were. Fast forward a few days and I was notified that I would receive a credit for the duties, great I'll take it. So, I decided to give Maurices another shot ... I attempted to place another large order:13 shirts. The order went through okay and I thought I was in the clear this time ... until 15 minutes later I received an e-mail telling me that my order had been canceled - the entire order. I spoke with another customer service representative who said all 13 shirts were out of stock ... then why the heck are they appearing online and why the heck am I entering my credit card information, and receiving confirmation when the items are not even in stock!?!?! I'll go elsewhere now ... WAAAAAY too much hassle.

Maurices? Yes, its certainly not a garage sale

By Danielle H.

Yes, to the store/send back, if paypal was used it can only be sent back, not returned to the store, happened to me

They told me no

By Danielle H.

Absolutely. You can also return it in store.

By Vanessa F.

No. You just have to wear clothing that looks like it could be from there but sometimes....upper management might recommend you be in newer more current items.

By Vanessa F.

No. A 3 is a 24. The plus sizing starts at a 0 which is like an xl but with more room in the chest, arms, and more length (also equivalent to a 14). So a 1 is like an XXL, a 2 would be like a 3X(20/22) and a 3 is like a 4x (24). Online we go to a 4 which is a 26.

By Vanessa F.

I apologize for any bad recent experience you have had at Maurices. However, as with any company, one store does not represent all stores. Maurices are run individually by store managers who make decisions on who to hire. I work with an awesome team at my store. We love shopping with our customers and making their shopping experience fun. I agree if there is any circumstance where employees are rude it needs to be addressed. I recommend if you encounter this again that it is communicated to the store manager. They have a right to know that their employees are negatively impacting their customer's experiences to the point they don't even want to shop there. I, as a manager, would take this very seriously. Any manager that doesn't, it obviously is just poor management=bad employees and customer service situation.

By Ruby H.

Questions? Get answers from the Maurices staff and other customers.

Maurices?