Review of Adorama

custserv@adorama.com
2018 Customer choice award

ericb513
7/22/19

This was my first time ordering from Adorama. The chat support I got from before my purchase was very helpful. I felt that I got incredible value on my purchase of a strobe kit and was absolutely thrilled with the quality of the light, modifier and stand.

angela92
7/14/19

Everything came nicely packed and fast. The quality of the extra goodies seem great. I still have not had a chance to play with the camera but will do soon. Adorama is # 1 in my book for photography needs.

danielleb215
7/7/19

This light kit was in awesome condition and had everything I needed. It was delivered quickly and on time. It hardly had evidence of use and is a steal for the price of this kit.

frankm599
7/7/19

I have made numerous orders from Adorama over the last few months and have talked to a few of the customer service reps. I have had nothing short of excellence in my experiences with them and highly recommend them to all my friends.

denisc63
7/5/19

The Sony 24-105mm F4 G OSS is a good match for my Sony A7III. I took it with me to Reno/Tahoe trip. The lens retained lots of good memories.

gladysm35
6/12/19

Awesome products for the given prices - if you need a quality tripod or a reliable camera or anything for photography or videography they cover your back. Manfrotto Befree tripod I purchased is heavy duty and perfect for using it on my travels. Only complaints are the shipping sometimes takes more time than expected.

scotth479
6/8/19

Adorama misrepresented the financing terms of their credit card. I used their credit card to place an order over five figures. The website calculated the minimum monthly payment by dividing the total order by the term of 48 months. Their bank, however, determines your minimum monthly payment by calculating 3.5% of your total balance. In my case, this was significantly MORE than their website promised. I discovered this AFTER my order was completed when I called the bank. Adorama's response to misrepresenting terms to a customer and putting me in a position where my monthly payments were 50% more than the payment they promised was to offer me a $150 gift card. All of this after they butchered my order, forced me to buy gift certificates to place the order because their website couldn't process it properly, didn't deliver it when they said they would, and put a $4700 authorization hold on my credit card for 7 days when they were only supposed to charge me $113. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau because I do not believe they operate business in good faith I gave them every opportunity to resolve my situation and their solution was a gift card. I will never buy from this company again.

michaela946
6/3/19

I had ordered a computer from this company. Their customer service department issued a credit $100 credit to me in an email for a price match.

When I went to use the credit, they said it wasn't available because they had sent me a second email that they couldn't honor the price match because the item that was being price matched was not in stock.

1. The item that they price matched was in stock at the time, that's why they price matched it to begin with. It was sold out when they checked again later, because the item was on sale.
2. They claim that they sent a second email said they could not honor it, but I never received it. Instead, i have TWO emails from them saying they will honor the price match and give me the credit.

If they would not have honored the price match, I could have returned the item and purchased it elsewhere.

dennism128
4/29/19

I ordered a pair of binoculars with 2nd day shipping and it took 7 days to get them. I call that SLOW shipping. Their customer service is very poor in my experience. They are my last choice when ordering something but in this case they were the only ones that had this item in stock. Never again will I buy anything from them again.

michaeld1080
4/27/19

Have bought from them several times and always been impressed. Items are just as described, prices very competitive and great selection.

carlaf14
2/24/19

I'm surprised at the number of negative reviews of Adorama -

I admit our 'first stop' for photo goods that we can't get locally is B&H but Adorama is our #2 supplier and we've done a fair amount of purchasing from them over the years.

We also accidentally found them on eBay and have done very well purchasing used or trade-in merchandise using a 'Best Offer'. We operate a commercial video studio and sort of 'bottom feed' on bargain equipment pretty regularly. We recently purchased used studio lighting (Colortran) and a used video switcher (Tricaster) from Adorama and it was smooth as silk.

All of our dealings with Adorama have been very pleasant - and we've never had to return anything so have no experience with that aspect of the business. But what experience we have had ordering photo goods from them has been accurate, fast shipping, well packaged and fully satisfactory..

As I said, I'm surprised at the number of poor reviews - although many of those reviews are from one-time reviewers and maybe are a bit biased. Human nature I guess.

davidb1923
12/27/18

Order No. 23057635

I would stay away from this merchant and go to either amazon or B&H --- the customer service is so bad and they constantly make misrepresentations.

Also, many of the items are cheaper than you will find elsewhere but the quality is so bad, spend the few extra dollars and get a brand name.

I placed an order for over 1000 dollars that was supposed to be delivered early December. Although it was said to be left at my door step, I did not receive it, have not been issued a refund or a replacement order processed. Originally, they stated a refund would be issued by them on December 14, 2018, after UPS completed they investigation, which was part of their procedure. I have actually looked into this and this is very rare for merchants to do, but I trusted them. After no response from them, I again contacted them on a number of occasions and was told, the UPS investigation would be completed on December 24th, and that a refund would be processed. After Christmas, I was given yet a different story by Helen Oster, one of their rep. stating they would not issue the refund and, or a replacement. She was also not responsive to my other concerns.

They have essentially stolen my money, and will not take any responsibility. This company has no ethics. I week after this order that went missing, I had trusted them and bought over a 2k camera, with a defect and they will not even respond to my concern yet within 30 days.

From speaking to many representative, (including a senior rep in NYC -Helen Oster ---- (their call centers in Asia are of no help) both email and some voice calls, I have they lying. When you buy items, merchants should be more interested in building loyalty and repeat business. This company has no care or respect for its customers, and they have lost a very expensive account.

Be very careful with you hard earned money, stay away from them. Check out their very many negatives online and via the better business bureau.

alvins51
12/12/18

It was very nice experience to baying with u the quality is very awesome perfect for me i like very much.

anthonym438
10/22/18

My first experience of buying my favorite moonlight went really well. The prices were good, delivery was quick and the packaging totally won my heart. Not even the slightest of damage to the product. Will consider trying again!

joseh104
9/8/18

After received a confirmation for a credit card, spend 4 months waiting for the account statement and card and NEVER receive a response, but they charge $35 for each month (LATE FEES), this was a Nightmare.

elenah27
8/7/18

Shopping with Adorama has always been easy. The financing was very easy process that well in my financial goals.

chrisb811
7/30/18

Received a defective ss gimbal from Adorama. Missing battery door, would not power on (with batteries taped in), stripped lower GoPro mount screw, and the included evo GoPro adapter would not hold tight in my genuine GoPro mount and chesty. Unfortunate that this is the highest rated wearble gimbal available. I purchased this gimbal and a new gopro days before a major cancer surgery to record my last mountain biking adventure that would be possible in the season. I was traveling up to lake Tahoe for this special trip and I was unable to capture it due to the error made by adorama. With my cancer there's no way of knowing if I will be alive next season and be able to mountain bike again. Before surgery I was riding at my peak competitive level, which I may never acheive again due to the cancer, immunotherapy, and chemo. Adoramas response to my return was to ignore my request for over a week, and issue a return tag without explanation, an apology, or a solution to my problem. Without a doubt I would never buy anything ever again from Adorama. They are the classic example of a heartless corporate entity with menial non existant customer service and are not concerned in the least with keeping customers or fixing mistakes that they make.

lionelg13
6/30/18

I've bought both new and used equipment here and I've never been disappointed.If you're picky about appearance pay attention to their rating system on the used stuff.

andrewz31
3/14/18

I bought a ballhead and after about a month it stopped working. Because I lost the original box they refused to return their useless $80 product.

todde10
1/15/18

I have used Adorama extensively with never a problem. I have bought new photography gear and used gear. Every experience has been outstanding. The 30 day return policy is a huge bonus when buying used gear. I have found the ratings on used equipment to be at least as good as it states, usually better. I outfitted almost my whole studio through them and they have always been helpful. I literally an not say enough good about them. After spending tens of thousands through them, I can honestly say I am very comfortable using their services.

stanleyp16
12/20/17

These are good folk if one needs to go somewhere beside B&H. They ship quickly, they have good prices and are pleasant on the phone.

waynek42
12/19/17

I purchase a lens light through Adorama and apparenetly my credit card did go through since I got a reply. Several days later when I went to check on the order I found that it was on hold because of the credit card, when I tried to use another credit card their site got stuck on processing... over and over. I ended up cancelling the order, but it did waste too must of my time to ever consider going back.

keving81
12/6/17

I ordered studio lighting and three used professional cameras from them. I asked them to take one back so I could buy a different one. The model I purchased has an issue with my lenses. Sadly I was a couple weeks outside there return period. My business, at this point, is part time. So, it took me a while to figure this out.

All they offered was a trade in that would take me to the cleaners. Greedy company that does not care about it's customers. Shop elsewhere!

js393
12/5/17

Do not buy from this company!!!! After processing an order and emailing me a conformation of the order, they canceled my order and refused to honor it because it was mispriced. I wasted an hour on the phone being treated horribly. They wanted a copy of the screen-shot I took from adorama.com, talked to me like I was a liar and then presented me with an offer that later turned out to be a lie. Instead of trying to resolve the problem with me, Adorama decided to spend an hour talking over me, lying to me and treating me like I was a liar...This was going to be a 20th anniversary gift for my wife.

juliea170
Julie A.
12/5/17

Have purchased camera, lens, speedlites, camera bags, etc... from adorama and have received excellent service and delivery of my products. Will continue to use them in the future.

36 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hi Laurie It sounds as though Polly was not able to open the file and may not even have realised you sent it. Can I ask you to send the pictures directly to me - I have a capacity for receiving larger files - also your order number. And I will look after you from here. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment caused and I look forward to hearing from you. best wishes Helen Oster Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador Helen@adorama.com

By Nancy M., Adorama Representative

I'm sorry, but any returns need to be discussed directly with the manufacturer, as per our website: http://www.adorama.com/help/returnPolicy "Following items cannot be returned once opened Software, Film, Paper, DVDs, Bulbs, flash tubes, Batteries, Ink cartridges, Notebooks, Netbooks, Tablets, iPads and Computers". If you have any additional queries you are most welcome to email me directly: Helen@adorama.com

By Nancy M., Adorama Representative

Dear Laurie I have not received any emails at all from you - I have checked my spam and my trash. Please send ONLY your order number to me: Helen@adorama.com. Do not attach or include pictures. Helen Oster Adorama Camera Helen@adorama.com

By Nancy M., Adorama Representative

Please can you email me with your order number so I can help? Helen@adorama.com

By Nancy M., Adorama Representative

I was sorry to see this and would like to help, but am unable to ID your order without more information. Can you please email me with your order number: Helen@adorama.com. Helen Oster Adorama Camera

By Nancy M., Adorama Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Adorama staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Adorama