Review of Adorama

custserv@adorama.com
2017 Customer choice award

laylayj
10/26/18

I was looking to sale out my Nikon camera since last few days. The customer representative Dike from Adorama helped me and got me a resale value of nearly 70%, attributing to its good condition.

anthonym438
10/22/18

My first experience of buying my favorite moonlight went really well. The prices were good, delivery was quick and the packaging totally won my heart. Not even the slightest of damage to the product. Will consider trying again!

joseh104
9/8/18

After received a confirmation for a credit card, spend 4 months waiting for the account statement and card and NEVER receive a response, but they charge $35 for each month (LATE FEES), this was a Nightmare.

elenah27
8/7/18

Shopping with Adorama has always been easy. The financing was very easy process that well in my financial goals.

chrisb811
7/30/18

Received a defective ss gimbal from Adorama. Missing battery door, would not power on (with batteries taped in), stripped lower GoPro mount screw, and the included evo GoPro adapter would not hold tight in my genuine GoPro mount and chesty. Unfortunate that this is the highest rated wearble gimbal available. I purchased this gimbal and a new gopro days before a major cancer surgery to record my last mountain biking adventure that would be possible in the season. I was traveling up to lake Tahoe for this special trip and I was unable to capture it due to the error made by adorama. With my cancer there's no way of knowing if I will be alive next season and be able to mountain bike again. Before surgery I was riding at my peak competitive level, which I may never acheive again due to the cancer, immunotherapy, and chemo. Adoramas response to my return was to ignore my request for over a week, and issue a return tag without explanation, an apology, or a solution to my problem. Without a doubt I would never buy anything ever again from Adorama. They are the classic example of a heartless corporate entity with menial non existant customer service and are not concerned in the least with keeping customers or fixing mistakes that they make.

lionelg13
6/30/18

I've bought both new and used equipment here and I've never been disappointed.If you're picky about appearance pay attention to their rating system on the used stuff.

andrewz31
3/14/18

I bought a ballhead and after about a month it stopped working. Because I lost the original box they refused to return their useless $80 product.

todde10
1/15/18

I have used Adorama extensively with never a problem. I have bought new photography gear and used gear. Every experience has been outstanding. The 30 day return policy is a huge bonus when buying used gear. I have found the ratings on used equipment to be at least as good as it states, usually better. I outfitted almost my whole studio through them and they have always been helpful. I literally an not say enough good about them. After spending tens of thousands through them, I can honestly say I am very comfortable using their services.

stanleyp16
12/20/17

These are good folk if one needs to go somewhere beside B&H. They ship quickly, they have good prices and are pleasant on the phone.

waynek42
12/19/17

I purchase a lens light through Adorama and apparenetly my credit card did go through since I got a reply. Several days later when I went to check on the order I found that it was on hold because of the credit card, when I tried to use another credit card their site got stuck on processing... over and over. I ended up cancelling the order, but it did waste too must of my time to ever consider going back.

keving81
12/6/17

I ordered studio lighting and three used professional cameras from them. I asked them to take one back so I could buy a different one. The model I purchased has an issue with my lenses. Sadly I was a couple weeks outside there return period. My business, at this point, is part time. So, it took me a while to figure this out.

All they offered was a trade in that would take me to the cleaners. Greedy company that does not care about it's customers. Shop elsewhere!

js393
12/5/17

Do not buy from this company!!!! After processing an order and emailing me a conformation of the order, they canceled my order and refused to honor it because it was mispriced. I wasted an hour on the phone being treated horribly. They wanted a copy of the screen-shot I took from adorama.com, talked to me like I was a liar and then presented me with an offer that later turned out to be a lie. Instead of trying to resolve the problem with me, Adorama decided to spend an hour talking over me, lying to me and treating me like I was a liar...This was going to be a 20th anniversary gift for my wife.

juliea170
Julie A.
12/5/17

Have purchased camera, lens, speedlites, camera bags, etc... from adorama and have received excellent service and delivery of my products. Will continue to use them in the future.

marcelm40
11/9/17

late to process order and information on Availability of the product not always accurate. Am disappointed

suhaibs
11/7/17

I ordered Atmos Shogun Inferno from Amazon sold and shipped by Adorama. The product title on Amazon indicates clearly, "Atmos Shogun Inferno... with Full Accessories." I received only Atmos Shogun Inferno but no Accessories package included in the shipment. I called Adorama Support and was told over the phone and by email that listing at Amazon was an error. The Support will check with the Adorama Warehouse if Accessories package supposed to be included.

Shifting the blame to incorrect listing is not a customer problem if Warehouse thinks it should be included is not a customer issue either. Making incorrect listing on the Amazon Marketplace and trying to shift blame instead of promptly shipping what Adorama supposed to ship, to begin with, IS CHEATING and MISLEADING to attract customers.

I need everything immediately as I have a project on Friday where I need it. It is second time, I have such an experience with Adorama , and instead of promptly fixing the issue, a warehouse check and incorrect listing game started. I am giving to Adorama 2 business days to ship me the accessories bundle for Atmos Shogun Inferno otherwise, I will, on the second day, send a refund request to Amazon and also file a complaint with my credit card bank for the stop payment. Lesson learned - Next time, I will take extra care not to order anything from Adorama.

michaeld340
10/21/17

I ordered a piece of video gear and purchased 2 day delivery. The gear arrived in 4 days and was incorrect. I talked with customer service, a guy by the name of Lee C who asked that I take pictures of the product and email to him. He dropped the ball stating that he did not receive the pics even though I forwarded my correspondence 30 minutes after he asked for it.

They lie and did not make good for their mistake.

Response from Helen O., Adorama Representative
Thank you for your order and for your feedback, although I was concerned to note your comments that you believe you were lied to.
It is completely possible that your pictures were not received if you sent a file that was too large.
Please send an email to me Helen@adorama.com, and then follow up immediately with the pictures so I can help.
I will be able to confirm back to you whether I've received them.
If they don't come through you may need to send one by one, or use another method such as Dropbox.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused and I look forward to hearing from you.

ninoz
9/19/17

They stand by there product they sale. A very good support system. They are always willing to help. I have perches may photographic items and i have always been happy.

Response from Helen O., Adorama Representative
Dear Nino

Thank you so much for leaving your review following your recent order from Adorama Camera. We really appreciate you taking your time to leave your feedback, which I've already shared with the Sales Director, our Shipping Manager and the rest of the Team here at Adorama.

BTW, if you ever have any concern that you can't resolve, or simply a query about Adorama products or service, you are always most welcome to message me directly.

bryand53
8/18/17
• Updated review

I gave Adorama a 1 star review, because I needed a new machine by Thursday, I ordered it, and was informed it was backordered. When I complained, here and to Adorama, the problem was resolved immediately, the machine shipped and I got it as promised. I really appreciate it Hoand wanted to let everyone know, that is the kind of service I've received in the past, and the reason I felt comfortable ordering from them.

However, there was some weirdness. I took pictures of the unboxing, and the original Apple box was double-boxed for shipping. Awesome. the Apple box was slightly crushed on one corner, but the shrink wrap was completely intact. When I opened the box and removed the translucent plastic wrap Apple puts on its products, there were hand prints all over the macBook and the top case had a water ring, which look liked someone sat a beer bottle or Red Bull can (for circumference reference) on it. That wiped away with a rag, no harm no foul I guess. But there also appears to be a little ding in the case just above the touch bar. It's very odd.

I took pictures if anyone wants to see, I gonna tell myself those water marks were from the factory because I really need the machine now and I can't send it back. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Still, over all, Adorama came through. The price was the best I found and there was no tax and free shipping which resulted in almost $300 in additional savings.

I'll definitely shop with them again.

“Sells out of stock products”
8/18/17
• Previous review

Purchased a MacBook Pro + Apple Care, order status was immediately "unverified" and Apple Care was listed as backordered. Called and go the verification thing resolved and was promised the item would ship today. Now the MacBook is unavailable and my whole purchase is backordered. Which really sucks because I'll have to wait for the refund before I can order from somewhere else.

Should have trusted the reviews I read before ordering.

Response from Helen O., Adorama Representative
Dear Bryan

I'm so sorry to read that this was your experience; if you would like to send me an email: Helen@adorama.com with your order number I will be delighted to check into what happened here. However, if stocks were low on this item then it is always possible that other customers could have completed payments on the web site, on the phone, in-store - or via one of our many affiliates such as Amazon - quickly depleting those stocks, before your order had made it through ID verification.

However, I can assure you that you do not have to worry about waiting for a refund, as we do not make a charge until an order actually ships.

I apologize for the disappointment caused, and very much look forward to hearing from you.

maximilianc7
4/19/17

Don't buy used online from them.

I will preface this buy saying that I've had good experience from their rental side. Nothing life changing, but fine. But hoo-boy, take a seat by the fire and let me walk you through what it's like buying online from them.

First time purchasing through their website and so I was starting with something small, just a tripod quick release plate. I live in New York, so I was expecting to get pretty fast. But like the miracle of Hannukah, instead of taking 1 day to put the item in a box and ship it, it takes them 8 magical nights to put the thing in the mailbox. 8 days. But fine, maybe they're backlogged. I don't know their warehouse life.

I get the part. It's the wrong part. I use the chat function on their website, they tell me to call customer support, I do. Turns out the SKU# for the part I ordered was mislabeled in the system. Website says one thing, their system says another.
"Okay, so can I get the part I ordered, then?"
"I am going to send you instructions on how to RMA the part."
"What's that involve?" I swivel in my chair, thinking calm soothing thoughts.
"There's a form for you to fill out and a shipping label so you can return the item." The woman says, in a practiced, measured tone.
"And then I get the part I ordered?"
"Well you'll need to decide if you want it replaced or refunded. Once we receive the item it will take 4-6 days to process the request and if we have the item in stock we will send it to you."
I stop swiveling, something sticks about that last bit. "IF you have it in stock? Well...can you check?"
"Not from here. They will check the status of that item when they have processed your RMA request."
"4-6 days from when I send it."
"From when we receive it, yes."

So let's recap:
-I ordered something.
-A week and a half later I get the wrong thing.
-To get the right part, I need to fill out paperwork, repack the thing, drop it off at a UPS store.
-Wait another week and a half. If I win the inventory lottery, they have the part and will pack it.
-Wait another week and a half.

So in only a month and a half I could get something from a store I can get to by bicycle. Or in only a single month, optimistically, just 4 weeks, mind you, I can get a refund and pretend that it was all just a month long dream.

Seriously. What lousy, wet sharts. Don't even bother.

P.S. Packaging was well done.
P.P.S. Buy something through them and die alone and unhappy.

Response from Helen O., Adorama Representative
Dear Maximilian

I understand that my colleague Marquita was in contact with you.
You had received an incorrect item and your correct order didn’t ship until we came back from the Passover break. Marquita apologised, explained that our offices were closed for Passover, and she immediately issued you a full refund.

You advised her that you would remove the reviews copied and pasted here on Site jabber, on Yelp and on Google Business.

Marquita has called you and sent several emails but has not heard back from you.

Adorama Camera
alicias55
3/8/17

I ordered an item before Christmas for my daughter. Mid March still hasn't been shipped. Called to cancel. The money they held for payment will not be credited for at least 7 business days. Almost four months and I never received the item!

Response from Helen O., Adorama Representative
Dear Alicia, I apologise that the item you ordered has not yet come into stock; unfortunately, we have no control over when suppliers ship to us. Regarding payment; we do not charge until an order actually ships, and any hold you are seeing is from your bank, not from Adorama.

If there is anything else I can help you with, you are most welcome to email me diirectly: Helen@adorama.com

saurabhc5
2/27/17

Updating my existing review , as Adorama reached out of the way to refund my money.

thanks Adorama.

georgeh128
1/14/17

Adorama shipped wrong lens. Refused to ship lens paid for. Would not acknowledge their error. Very slow to issue PayPal credit. Never again.

Response from Helen O., Adorama Representative
Dear George

Thank you for leaving your feedback here on SiteJabber and also on Trust Pilot, however you did not add your order number so I am unable to assist you.
Can you please either re-post the review including details that will enable me to identify your order or email me directly: Helen@adorama.com

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

bertrandh11
11/8/16

I've bought photo paper and some camera accessories from Adorama. I've also ordered some photo prints from them. I have been happy with their business. However, they are very busy and if there's a glitch in your order, you could have problems. My advice is to patronize them if you have a non-glitch type order (although that is fairly impossible to predict).

Response from Helen O., Adorama Representative
Thank you so much for posting about your positive experiences of ordering from Adorama Camera and from AdoramaPix, Bertrand. It is very much appreciated.

I made sure to copy your kind feedback to our Director over at AdoramaPix, as well as to the Adorama Camera director of sales, to share with their teams, and I know they will all be delighted.

However, I was concerned to note that you may have experienced problems with previous orders.
I’d like to give you my direct contact details: Helen@adorama.com, and invite you to contact me directly if you ever have any concern that you can't resolve, or simply a query about Adorama products or service.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador Helen@adorama.com
cjk3
11/1/16

When I need a quality print, this is who I order from. This is who I recommended to my friends and family. This morning, I read a blog sent by them on how to take good halloween photos. They just keep me learning. Love em!

Tip for consumers: Their emails are awesome. So many tips and teaching tools. They aren't just about trying to get me to buy something, a lot of times, they are about learning me.

Response from Helen O., Adorama Representative
Thank you so much for posting about your positive experience, CJ K. It is very much appreciated.

I made sure to copy your kind feedback to our AdoramaPix Customer Service manager, to share with his team, and I know they will all be delighted.

BTW, if you ever have any concern that you can't resolve, or simply a query about AdoramaPix or Adorama Camera products or service, please never hesitate to contact me directly.

brianp99
10/29/16

I was amazed by the work of their customer service. Well done!

Response from Helen O., Adorama Representative
We really appreciate that you took the time to post here on SiteJabber, Brian, and I already copied your kind comments to our Customer Service Manager to share with all of his team. For sure it will make everyone happy!

I wanted to take the opportunity to let you know that if you ever need additional advice or support with any order from Adorama Camera, you are most welcome to drop me an email: Helen@adorama.com

Thanks again for the great feedback.

36 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hi Laurie It sounds as though Polly was not able to open the file and may not even have realised you sent it. Can I ask you to send the pictures directly to me - I have a capacity for receiving larger files - also your order number. And I will look after you from here. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment caused and I look forward to hearing from you. best wishes Helen Oster Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador Helen@adorama.com

By Helen O., Adorama Representative

I'm sorry, but any returns need to be discussed directly with the manufacturer, as per our website: http://www.adorama.com/help/returnPolicy "Following items cannot be returned once opened Software, Film, Paper, DVDs, Bulbs, flash tubes, Batteries, Ink cartridges, Notebooks, Netbooks, Tablets, iPads and Computers". If you have any additional queries you are most welcome to email me directly: Helen@adorama.com

By Helen O., Adorama Representative

Dear Laurie I have not received any emails at all from you - I have checked my spam and my trash. Please send ONLY your order number to me: Helen@adorama.com. Do not attach or include pictures. Helen Oster Adorama Camera Helen@adorama.com

By Helen O., Adorama Representative

Please can you email me with your order number so I can help? Helen@adorama.com

By Helen O., Adorama Representative

I was sorry to see this and would like to help, but am unable to ID your order without more information. Can you please email me with your order number: Helen@adorama.com. Helen Oster Adorama Camera

By Helen O., Adorama Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Adorama staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Adorama