Review of AARP

2018 Customer choice award

8 reviews with 2 stars

cynthiaj118
11/2/19
I'm am disgusted with all the advertisement; internet, social media, tv, radio and US mail that I recieve. I have NOT found ONE helpful offering! The jitterbug, computer, ALL insurances; vehicle, life and esp, United Health care-supplemental, travel (flights, car rental, hotels, etc) are FAR MORE EXPENSIVE when using the AARP "BENEFITS" Card. I had a disastrous, very expensive experience with cellular 1. I repeatedly gave my AARP membership ads a try. ALWAYS MORE EXPENSIVE QUOTES. Several conversations I had with AARP stated that the companies that advertise with AARP are NOT AARP APPROVED or PROMOTED products. AARP is purely accepting the money these companies pay AARP for advertising. It ONLY LOOKS like AARP IS PROMOTING the product. What is AARP really doing for the senior community?
nancyc183
10/9/19
Any time I have tried to get any kind of a discount useing aarp , out of 50 places I have tried to use it I have found only 2 businesses that took it and my big savings was .30 wow I paid $45.00 for 2 years . who got the best deal there . I would not ever recommend aarp to anyone !
jtt16
9/20/19
The metal pull tag on each travel bag sent as a renewal gift break off too easily, making the compartments unusable! The only bag that didn't have that problem was the duffel bag with side pockets and the main compartment; that bag's zippers work well!
dj136
6/26/19
Iam a paid member of AARP, and hearing impaired. AARP videos don't have open captions or subtitles on videos.
ronniet12
4/21/19
It never fails when these clucks offer a daily contest. As it gets towards the end, they deny you access, block you (maybe even punish you!); I have been trying for TWO DAYS (now) to enter and it looks like I'm done being allowed to enter daily (why? What did I do?). Same goes for their f!@#$%^&*ed up tease Rewards For Good (website). I have a tease code that I can NOT enter! First day, I had no clue as to why the blocking. Today there is a lame line maintenance. How long does a website take to do maintenance? This is CRUEL! If a site can not (and refuses) to keep their stupid website up and running 24/7, then they should NOT be allowed on the web!
melissag318
3/1/19
The apps never work! Continuously get an error message. Have to call every time I need something I should be able to do on the app!
donnab237
12/11/17
I was very happy to be a member until their political views opposed what I believe. I am no longer a member due to this. Who decides their views? I am a member of other groups old enough for AARP and this is the view of most members. AARP is losing many who liked being a part of this group by it's political views.
henlyj
9/23/14
Lots of junk mail from AARP trying to sell me life insurance, car insurance and just about anything else that makes them money.

Tip for consumers: AARP makes a lot of money!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AARP#AARP_Services.2C_Inc._and_AARP_Financial_Incorporated

Yes. The membership is together one account, The spouse and the primary get the same year/years.

By S Y.

Questions? Get answers from the AARP staff and other customers.

AARP?