US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

scotte28
3/16/15

Unfortunately I used hoteltravel.com through hotels combined who directed me to their site. Upon booking for the Marriott hotel in Sydney and charging my credit card an email was sent stating that they could not fulfil the booking as the hotel was booked out.
I have read most of the reviews on here and while hoteltravel.com spout off their customer service garbage giving their sincerest apologies and "this is not what the company stands for" and offering a 24 hour customer service in reality you emails get ignored and get hung up on or wont answer when trying to call them. I fear I have lost almost $1000 to these scam artists!! Hotels Combined and Trivago also need to really scrutinise who they conduct their business with.

steveg60
2/14/15

WARNING !!!!!! DO NOT USE!!!!
I have used HOTELSCOMBINED for years and have traveled all over the world and never encountered a problem booking through their room agent companies....then they started using HOTELTRAVEL as a room agency....The prices seemed good....but that the best comment I can make.....they sent me a voucher for an Embassy Suite stay....when I arrived Embassy Suite had no record of my reservation so I had to check in and pay Embassy separately (by the way their price was $8 cheaper than HOTELTRAVEL......OF course when I recieved my credit card bill , both charges were included........I have tried contacting HOTELTRAVEL...by phone (in Bangkok) they promised they would check into it.......a month later they sent my an email asking me what the dispute was , as if it was the first time they had heard of the discrepancy. I received their email on Feb. 9th demanding a copy of the hotel check in charge.....they did not include an address and wanted the response by Feb. 9th ........OK.......They are totally inept and probably a scam........DO NOT USE. I am so disappointed with HOTELSCOMBINED , that they would use such a lousy agent , I have quit using them until they discontinue using HOTELTRAVEL......there are other options out there and I don't need the headache.....SCG California

antoinetteg1
9/5/14

I booked a 5 star hotel in London through this site, and I believe it was a significant savings over other travel websites. I paid in U.S. dollars and received a voucher from the company, which I printed out and handed to the reception desk at the hotel. Easy! Another good thing about this site is that the quoted price includes the TAXES! I learned of this site a few years ago when my friend and I stayed at the same hotel in Los Angeles, and she got a really inexpensive rate. I would recommend this company based on my experiences.

natalieh5
6/23/14

Get flat USD 30 discount on a minimum transaction value of USD 200 per booking!:Once you select a hotel and room type, you will be taken to the ‘Traveller Information’ page where you can enter the discount code and then simply click ’Apply’.

Please note: that the discount will only be applied to your booking if all of the eligibility criteria, as well as the Terms & Conditions are followed.

Discount Code : 30HTDISC

Start Date : 20/6/2014

Expire Date : 25/7/2014

URL: http://www.hoteltravel.com/promotions/discount-coupon-30htdisc.htm

catherinec13
3/11/14

DO NOT USE HOTELTRAVEL.

I had such a bad experience with them. I booked a deluxe room with them but there was no information on bedding configuration, both on the website and on my booking confirmation. So I contacted their online support staff to verify. They told me I got a room with a King bed. I requested for twin beds instead. They claimed they have made the request to the hotel but refused to send me a confirmation.

I was a little nervous because someone else posted a review in the same hotel that they made a request to HotelTravel for a King bed but the hotel did not have rooms with a King bed when they arrived. They were forced to accept a room with twin beds. It is really questionable whether HotelTravel did contact the hotel, especially when they refuse to give confirmations.

Bedding configuration is one of the most important considerations when booking a room. Most couples do not want to sleep on separate beds and most friends are uncomfortable sleeping on the same bed. What kind of room reservation service does not tell you what kind of bedding configuration you are getting when you are booking a room?

And what kind of service does not give you confirmations on your requests?

Do you want to get a surprise when you get to the hotel and find out what room you are really getting? Do you want to argue with the service desk because HotelTravel did not contact them about your request?

This will be the first and last time I will ever book with HotelTravel. They aren't always the cheapest and their service really sucks.

michaelm177
2/28/14

Absolutely I have had a negative experience with these scam artists.
I booked a 5 star hotel in San Diego, 5 days before my scheduled arrival date, for a bit under 200$ a night.
3 days before I called the hotel to confirm and they had not received my reservation. I e-mailed hoteltravel.com to verify, as I was concerned since it was my first time using them and they had already charged my credit card. They responded saying my room was "100% guaranteed" and not to worry, as the name would only be given to the hotel 24 hrs before so they did not know about my reservation yet because of that.
Reassured, I left it be until the day of my travel I received a last minute e-mail saying they no longer had this reservation and I had to chose between two other options:
1) a 5 star hotel in a different city
2) a 3 star hotel in san diego which I could instead simply book on expedia for 130$ myself
They offered no change in the price if I took these either of these absurd options.
I called, and after speaking to an incompetent woman reading her responses, I was put on with a supervisor. While he was very polite he stated apologetically he could do nothing for me. He also said very apologetically that it upsets him to hear of this situation because it happens so often with them, and he feels what the company does is wrong and manipulative. They tempt you to book with great deals they don't really have then try to switch you to bookings they have but haven't been able to sell.
Their own employee told me this, ashamed and embarrassed to still be working for these criminals.
ABSOLUTE SCAM ARTISTS.

josha16
12/6/13

I thought I found some bargains on their website for my upcoming trip so I searched them online to see what their reputation was. Needless to say I came upon a lot of bad reviews for them.

I thought maybe some of these people that were writing bad reviews were overreacting so I decided to contact one of the hotels directly regarding the price I found for their hotel on hoteltravel.com before I purchased.

The reply that I received was that hoteltravel was not accurate in the pricing that they are showing and that the hotel would never honor the price that was listed no matter how many 'vouchers' I showed up with. The hotel, which is a well known 5 star hotel, has been trying to contact hoteltravel.com to get them to correct the information they are advertising on their website but has not been able to reach anybody at hoteltravel.com .

So the lack of communication I have read about with hoteltravel.com goes both ways.. they dont communicate well with their clients or the hotels either. Thank god i checked them out ahead of time because i would have been totally screwed if i had trusted them.

verypissconsumera
12/1/10

AVOID! AVOID THIS $#*! WEBSITE. YOU BOOKED YOU HOTEL AND ONLY TO FIND OUT THERE IS NO BOOKING. YOU END UP PAYING MORE THAN THREE TIMES OF THE SAID RATE. THEY DO NOT PROVIDE CONFIRMATION ON EMAIL IF YOUR BOOKING WAS REJECTED. YOU BETTER OFF CALLILNG THE HOTEL TO BE SURE THAT THEY GOT YOUR BOOKING. THIS IS BASED IN THAILAND AND VERY VERY UNERELIABLE. LEARN MY LESSON, IF MIGHT BE CHEAPER BUT YOU END UP PAYING MORE. ALSO, I NEED TO CHNAGE MY CREDIT CARD TO BE SURE IT WAS NOT STOLEN. PIECE OF $#*!. BUY FORM US WEBBASE RECOGNIZED COMPANY.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the HotelTravel.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: After receiving a voucher, why does the hotel do not recognize the reservation?
2 weeks ago
kevins90
A: Dear Jeimy I,

Thank you for your question.

With regard to your enquiry, please note that a portion of our rooms are purchased from wholesale agents who have contracted hotel rooms in bulk from hotels around the world. Once a booking is confirmed with us it is already 100% secure under our wholesaler's allotment.

Approximately 2-3 days before a guest’s arrival date the name list will be sent to the hotel. This is done to avoid any confusion when checking in as the wholesale agent receives ongoing name changes to their allotments.

We trust that you shall find this explains the booking process. Should you require further confirmation, please provide your 7-digit Booking Number to our Customer Service Department via email (en@hoteltravel.com) and they will supply you with additional information.

Many thanks & kind regards,
The HotelTravel.com Team
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the HotelTravel.com staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
HotelTravel.com?
Click here to post a review