US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

antoinetteg1
9/5/14

I booked a 5 star hotel in London through this site, and I believe it was a significant savings over other travel websites. I paid in U.S. dollars and received a voucher from the company, which I printed out and handed to the reception desk at the hotel. Easy! Another good thing about this site is that the quoted price includes the TAXES! I learned of this site a few years ago when my friend and I stayed at the same hotel in Los Angeles, and she got a really inexpensive rate. I would recommend this company based on my experiences.

natalieh5
6/23/14

Get flat USD 30 discount on a minimum transaction value of USD 200 per booking!:Once you select a hotel and room type, you will be taken to the ‘Traveller Information’ page where you can enter the discount code and then simply click ’Apply’.

Please note: that the discount will only be applied to your booking if all of the eligibility criteria, as well as the Terms & Conditions are followed.

Discount Code : 30HTDISC

Start Date : 20/6/2014

Expire Date : 25/7/2014

URL: http://www.hoteltravel.com/promotions/discount-coupon-30htdisc.htm

catherinec13
3/11/14

DO NOT USE HOTELTRAVEL.

I had such a bad experience with them. I booked a deluxe room with them but there was no information on bedding configuration, both on the website and on my booking confirmation. So I contacted their online support staff to verify. They told me I got a room with a King bed. I requested for twin beds instead. They claimed they have made the request to the hotel but refused to send me a confirmation.

I was a little nervous because someone else posted a review in the same hotel that they made a request to HotelTravel for a King bed but the hotel did not have rooms with a King bed when they arrived. They were forced to accept a room with twin beds. It is really questionable whether HotelTravel did contact the hotel, especially when they refuse to give confirmations.

Bedding configuration is one of the most important considerations when booking a room. Most couples do not want to sleep on separate beds and most friends are uncomfortable sleeping on the same bed. What kind of room reservation service does not tell you what kind of bedding configuration you are getting when you are booking a room?

And what kind of service does not give you confirmations on your requests?

Do you want to get a surprise when you get to the hotel and find out what room you are really getting? Do you want to argue with the service desk because HotelTravel did not contact them about your request?

This will be the first and last time I will ever book with HotelTravel. They aren't always the cheapest and their service really sucks.

michaelm177
2/28/14

Absolutely I have had a negative experience with these scam artists.
I booked a 5 star hotel in San Diego, 5 days before my scheduled arrival date, for a bit under 200$ a night.
3 days before I called the hotel to confirm and they had not received my reservation. I e-mailed hoteltravel.com to verify, as I was concerned since it was my first time using them and they had already charged my credit card. They responded saying my room was "100% guaranteed" and not to worry, as the name would only be given to the hotel 24 hrs before so they did not know about my reservation yet because of that.
Reassured, I left it be until the day of my travel I received a last minute e-mail saying they no longer had this reservation and I had to chose between two other options:
1) a 5 star hotel in a different city
2) a 3 star hotel in san diego which I could instead simply book on expedia for 130$ myself
They offered no change in the price if I took these either of these absurd options.
I called, and after speaking to an incompetent woman reading her responses, I was put on with a supervisor. While he was very polite he stated apologetically he could do nothing for me. He also said very apologetically that it upsets him to hear of this situation because it happens so often with them, and he feels what the company does is wrong and manipulative. They tempt you to book with great deals they don't really have then try to switch you to bookings they have but haven't been able to sell.
Their own employee told me this, ashamed and embarrassed to still be working for these criminals.
ABSOLUTE SCAM ARTISTS.

josha16
12/6/13

I thought I found some bargains on their website for my upcoming trip so I searched them online to see what their reputation was. Needless to say I came upon a lot of bad reviews for them.

I thought maybe some of these people that were writing bad reviews were overreacting so I decided to contact one of the hotels directly regarding the price I found for their hotel on hoteltravel.com before I purchased.

The reply that I received was that hoteltravel was not accurate in the pricing that they are showing and that the hotel would never honor the price that was listed no matter how many 'vouchers' I showed up with. The hotel, which is a well known 5 star hotel, has been trying to contact hoteltravel.com to get them to correct the information they are advertising on their website but has not been able to reach anybody at hoteltravel.com .

So the lack of communication I have read about with hoteltravel.com goes both ways.. they dont communicate well with their clients or the hotels either. Thank god i checked them out ahead of time because i would have been totally screwed if i had trusted them.

verypissconsumera
12/1/10

AVOID! AVOID THIS $#*! WEBSITE. YOU BOOKED YOU HOTEL AND ONLY TO FIND OUT THERE IS NO BOOKING. YOU END UP PAYING MORE THAN THREE TIMES OF THE SAID RATE. THEY DO NOT PROVIDE CONFIRMATION ON EMAIL IF YOUR BOOKING WAS REJECTED. YOU BETTER OFF CALLILNG THE HOTEL TO BE SURE THAT THEY GOT YOUR BOOKING. THIS IS BASED IN THAILAND AND VERY VERY UNERELIABLE. LEARN MY LESSON, IF MIGHT BE CHEAPER BUT YOU END UP PAYING MORE. ALSO, I NEED TO CHNAGE MY CREDIT CARD TO BE SURE IT WAS NOT STOLEN. PIECE OF $#*!. BUY FORM US WEBBASE RECOGNIZED COMPANY.