Review of Zocdoc

New York, NY 10012, USA
Service@Zocdoc.com

alicer88
4/15/19

I am a psychologist who quit ZocDoc after getting nothing from the service. It's all about money for them. Their sales force is terrific! Keeps after you until you sign up. So don't listen.

Response from Tiffany C., Zocdoc Representative
We are sorry to hear your experience with Zocdoc has not been what you expected, Alice. Please let us know if there is anything that the service team can do to help. -The Zocdoc Service Team
kl240
3/4/19

Incorrect addresses, being contacted for appts. that were not scheduled or cancelled and labeled as no-shows, these are some of the things that occurred to me while I used the zocdoc platform. However, my recent experience with a doctor and zocdoc's review process has soured me completely, I wonder how many people they do this to to skew their ratings system. My experience: I had a bad experience with a dentist and their insurance listing. I posted a review on zocdoc, which was flagged and not submitted because I listed the specific price I was charged for a co-pay. Fine. Changed it and resubmitted. Zocdoc flagged it again and send it back for editing, for what reason I have no idea since I didn't violate any of their review guidelines. Here's the review, you tell me what was wrong with it.

"Did not start off on a good note. The visit started 90 minutes after my appt due to an emergency root canal. I was told to go get myself a cup of coffee and come back in 30 minutes. Then I waited another hour. The actual cleaning was very efficient and I was planning on coming back for filling work and an extensive exam/x-rays. However, I'm pretty steamed right now that this doctor is listed as an in-network provider, which means that I should not have been charged a copay for the service I received. I suspect I was charged due to the fact that they are not in-network providers as stated under their profile description. I'm waiting for a call back from the office but as this particular moment I am absolutely not happy.

Update: Spoke with both my insurance and the office, who tried to tell me that they ACCEPT my insurance but they are not in-network providers. No kidding. I told the office person (I didn't get her name and she never gave it in the text she sent me or during the phone call) they were listed as an in-network provider on zocdoc and she tried to give me some shady reason that would justify their reasoning. I feel this is a problematic practice, at best. It's a shame because the actual dentist was very nice and I would have continued to be a patient had they bothered to act with any integrity."

So what exactly is the problem? That would require communication to me from zocdoc. Exactly one person reached out after the first review was denied and I never heard back from their "customer service" team after that.

Response from Tiffany C., Zocdoc Representative
We are sorry to hear that you have had issues with some of your Zocdoc appointments and that there is a current issue with a review you submitted. We would like to see this review posted as well and would be happy to discuss with you why we were not able to do so yet. We care about you, and we want you to have the great healthcare experience you deserve with every appointment. We moderate our reviews to ensure that we’re building a trustworthy, representative, reliable review system which is helpful to patients and doctors alike. Please give us a call at (855)962-3621 so we can access your account and review information and resolve this issue fully. - The Zocdoc Service Team
johnh1969
3/2/19

I am a psychiatrist who quit ZocDoc last week after three years of membership.

Signing up with ZocDoc was the worst mistake I have made as a physician.

It led to the destruction of my online reputation, and subsequently got me in trouble with the Medical Board. Here is my full story:

I signed up for Zocdoc three years ago. The service worked well, and I was pleased to received many bookings.

However, 95% of my bookings were from young patients seeking stimulants such as Adderall and Ritalin.

Since the bulk of my online bookings were from drug-seeking patients, I re-wrote my online profile to state: I need to speak on the phone with any new patients before confirming the appointment.

This would allow me to screen new clients, and to make sure that they were not simply out to find someone, anyone, to prescribe them stimulants.

This did not work. Drug-seeking clients would book an appointment online, fail to phone me for pre-screening, and then show up at my office when I was not there.

This happened more than a dozen times.

Patients who were not confirmed for appointments felt they were stood up. They would then get angry, and leave terrible reviews not only on ZocDoc, but also on other review sites like Yelp.

In addition, when I told drug-seeking patients that I could not prescribe them Adderall or Ritalin-- they too would get upset and leave me negative reviews online.

I received calls from ZocDoc about not showing up to my appointments. They did not care about my explanation, and terminated my account, after taking thousands of dollars in fees from me.

The best part: I received a call from the State medical board regarding my so-called no-shows. I had to explain to them the entire situation.

Signing up for ZocDoc, and paying them thousands of dollars for membership fees over the years, was a terrible mistake that nearly cost me everything.

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your experience while listing your practice through Zocdoc. We want each of our providers to have a positive experience and would be happy to discuss your situation further if you would like to give us a call. - The Zocdoc Service Team
nikhils29
2/22/19

They booked me with a physician's assistant at the clinic when I specifically booked a particular doctor from Clarity Clinic. The clinic didn't say anything and just proceeded with the appointment as well.
Low integrity. Avoid!!.

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
Hi there, Nikhil,

We're sorry to hear that you had an issue with your appointment. Although we do allow our physicians to book patients under their assistants, we always want to make sure our patients are fully aware of that at the time of booking, which is why we have that pop up message. Please do not hesitate to reach out so that we can look into this more and make sure that pop up was shown properly.
modelow
11/27/18

I booked an appointment with a doctor through zocdoc and when I arrived at the doctor's office, they said the doctor was not there. Apparently a lot of people had the same experience. They need to make it clearer when the doctor is not going to show up. Do not blindly book through the app. It is not trustworthy.

Response from Jon B., Zocdoc Representative
Sorry to hear there was a problem with your appointment booking experience, Modelo. We want to investigate what happened, as it's not typical across our platform for providers to mismanage their accounts like this. We want to know of which office and appointment this pertains so we can follow up with them. We still want you to receive the care you need, so we're happy to help you find another provider. -The Zocdoc Service Team @ (855) 962-3621.
jm479
9/10/18

booked appointment through Zocdoc,printed out my confirmation, took 2 trains and a bus to get there, only to find out that the practice had no record of my appointment and could only reschedule. Called Zocdoc on the number that is offered to people who post negative reviews, and was told that they "understand my frustration" but could not put me through to anyone that designs or implements their system...i wasted my time and my money today ..

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
Sorry to hear this happened. We apologize for the inconvenience and know how frustrating this must have been for you. It sounds like we've already received your report, so we'll be able to follow up with the office to correct this situation. Doctors control their schedules, so we'll do all we can to align them on best practices for managing it. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. -The Zocdoc Service Team
chrish247
8/29/18

This place only lets you leave a review when you see a doctor which is completely bogus because I saw a doctor and I wanted to tell the world how bad he was but ZODOC wouldn't let me! Half of their reviews are fake!

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
Hello Chris,

It sounds like you have some concerns about our review policy. We post positive reviews, negative reviews, and everything in between. The goal is to have patients review the doctor specifically, so we verify that only patients who have seen the doctor via Zocdoc can leave a review on our site. This unique approach to online reviews helps to maintain integrity and trust of them. We would be happy to discuss the policy with you to help clear up any confusion. When you have a chance, please give us a call at (855) 962-3621.

Best,

The Zocdoc Service Team
vivianl61
8/1/18

Do not be deceived by all the positive reviews. Almost every physician has a rating of 4 or better. Zocdoc only allows positive reviews to be published. If you scrape the reviews and analyse them, 85% of reviews are five star reviews, obviously, this is misleading. Zocdoc is incredibly dishonest and is selling patients who need help as commodities to physcians. Zocdoc only cares about profits.

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
Sorry to hear you've been unable to leave your reviews, Vivian. We post positive reviews, negative reviews, and everything in between. We would be happy to discuss our review policy with you to help explain why a review is not available to the public. When you have a chance, please give us a call at (855) 962-3621. -The Zocdoc Service Team
victorv61
7/25/18

It is not really $35 like some others mention, it is $60 per patient that zocdoc is going to charge Doctors. if someone else has a different marketing tool please post it for us to continue providing great service. I heard that zocdoc was purchased by a health insurance company. lol

medicalp
7/24/18

Also received a call from manager at ZocDoc explaining new business model going into effect this October. Charging $35 per new patient (yes - I understand its new patients only) is beyond insulting - its highway robbery. Considering we get reimbursed an average of $60-75 or less per new patient (and many patients do not need follow up appointments) this is beyond cost-prohibitive. Charging 40-60% of our total fees is ludicrous. I am all for pay-per-click pricing - but come on Zocdoc - pick a reasonable fee! ($5??). Plus, there is the aspect of fee-splitting, which Im sure ZocDocs legal team has worked out - but we wont even go there. And having to audit our bills to see if we were billed for a new patient that was seen previously, but who checked off new by mistake - is expecting too much from our staff. I know countless Docs who are now scrambling to find an alternative by the Fall. Who knows if it exists - but I know my practice can in no way sustain this type of pricing. Shame on you ZocDoc! You are going to lose your most loyal, and previously vocally supportive customers.

Response from Jon B., Zocdoc Representative
We are updating our pricing in some states this fall and details vary by practice. Please give us a call at (866) 962-3621 and we can help talk through any concerns you may have. -The Zocdoc Service Team
medicalo1
7/23/18

Got a call from ZocDoc from a rep explaining the "new billing model" beginning October 1, 2018. They will be charging $35 for each new patient. How can doctors afford this? A standard new patient office visit reimburses and average of $58! They don't even take into account patients that are already coming to the office who will book for the 1st time on ZocDoc. They'll charge $35 for those patients, too. A returning patient visit reimburses even LESS. $5 is one thing $35 is extortion.

For the number of mistakes they make every day in tracking patient visits, this will present not only a financial hardship for doctors but put a strain of administrators trying to review the account for billing errors.

This is an unreasonable, preclusive fee. If a patient has a problem and the doctor takes care of it, the patient won't need to come back unless they have a new problem. It will take 3-5 visits to recoup that $35 fee! Since they're the most popular booking program they have their doctors between a rock and a hard place. Either use them or remove yourself from the market.

When I tried to communicate my concerns to the rep, his attitude was "like it or lump it." His actual words were, "This model will take effect October 1st whether you agree or not." Thank goodness I recorded the conversation because it's quite an earfull.

Response from Jon B., Zocdoc Representative
We are updating our pricing in some states this fall, but it sounds like you might have some inaccurate information. Please reach out to us at (866) 962-3621 -- and we can help talk through your specific details and any concerns you may have. -The Zocdoc Service Team
michellel227
7/13/18

First and foremost DO NOT use internet reviews to choose a doctor. I learned this the hard way. Ask a doctor or friends for a referral, or at least look up valid awards not internet site awards. I used ZocDoc several times to find a doctor and book appointments. The last doctor I found there was utterly awful to the point that he might be a threat to public safety. I picked him because of his glowing positive reviews on the website. Later on, I learned that his positive reviews were fake. I even caught two his staff members red-handed in posting the reviews across multiple sites because they were dumb enough to use their real names. In addition to that you see the same duplicate names using the same language post reviews weeks apart. This site is hosting fake reviews for this doctor, when notified they left them there. I notified ZocDoc on several occasions, both that he was a threat and that his reviews were fake. The only response was that the reviews were from verified patients and then they were left there. In this instance, I am 100% certain that the reviews are fake. ZocDoc needs to be held accountable for this and responsible for anyone who is harmed as a result of going to this doctor or anyone else that might have fake reviews. I feel disgusted and will never recommend this site to anyone. This is patient safety and wellbeing that they sell off for a meager $250 a month to promote this bad doctor. How are you going to protect someone who is literally hurting people, all for $250 a month? Unethical in my opinion. I will be making a public issue of this.

Response from Jon B., Zocdoc Representative
This is quite disturbing to us to hear, Michelle. We certainly want to revisit what's going on here and address your concerns. Please contact us at (855) 962-3621 to discuss. -The Zocdoc Service Team
anissaa2
6/18/18

I Just called to speak with a representative from zocdoc and no one knew what I was ttalking about. I called because Mary M a Zocdoc Rep responded and wanted to know more about my situation. I called spoke with a young man which it should be in your records and he told me Mary M name does not exists. However, when I read the email to him he said let me check again! Very unprofessional

Ms. Anissa Antwine

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
Thanks for following up with us, Anissa. We appreciate your concern. If you do need any additional assistance, please reach out to us at (855) 962-3621, and we'll be happy to assist. -The Zocdoc Service Team
anissaa1
6/11/18

Northwest Medical Center Doc! Brandy Freduei! I had to call to get my results twice.. It seems as if I was the only one concerned about my health. and Wellness. And the only reason the bedside manner was OK, was because I was a new patient. The day in the doctors office, I waited to speak with the doctor for 40 mins the second time I went. she never got bk with me, said give me a few, or I will call you , or anything. As a concerned professional,The follow up was very unprofessional as well as everything else. Its upsetting when you have to call the doctor not once but twice concerning your health especially when they say we will call you ! Call if you have any concerns or questions BTW she didn't call back, and we will upload it to the portal and never do! I would not recommend, but unfortunately she may react better to certain people.

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
Sorry to hear about this experience with this doctor's office. We'd like to learn more about what happened and do all we can to help you receive the care you need. Please call us at (855) 962-3621 when convenient for you. - The Zocdoc Service Team
majeda19
5/31/18

They will mislead users by only including positive reviews and excluding bad ones. It happened to me. I will never use them again.

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
We are sorry to hear you have had a negative experience, Majed. We do welcome all reviews whether good or bad through our closed-loop system. If you would like to learn more about our review policy or to discuss possible edits that would allow your review to be published, please reach out to us at (855)962-3621. - The Zocdoc Service Team
deborahc227
5/30/18

With your Dr reviews, now I know what mistakes I made and hopefully found a better Dr. If only I'd researched 2 Drs more and using your website, I wouldn't be suffering now. Hoping 3rd chance is the charm

arjuneg
5/4/18

I had 3 appointments cancelled in a row without any information whatsoever! 3 in a row within 2 weeks!! And every time, I told my manager and colleagues that I have a doctor's appointment only for me to go back and tell them that I don't have one anymore. Horrible service. Will never use again..

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
This definitely isn't what we'd expect to have happen, Arjune. Thanks for your feedback, though. We'd like to gather some information and understand a little more about what happened here. Please give us a ring at (855) 962-3621. -The Zocdoc Service Team
lindar282
5/2/18

Filled out Patient Forms online--Doctor did not have them. Made a dentist appt. Did not happen. Will not use again. I find it undependable.

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
So sorry to hear that the doctor couldn't access your check-in form for your appointment, Linda. That information is accessible to the provider when he or she signs in to their side of the Zocdoc account. I'm not sure what happened there, but we'd like to gather information to follow up with this practice. Your feedback will help other patients have the experience we'd expect from our service. Please give us a call at (855) 962-3621. -The Zocdoc Service Team
michaelr429
2/6/18

They only want reviews of the actual doctor not the office staff or the people you actually see when you go to the doctor's office. I do not want to use a doctor that hires bad staff and this app will not help you weed that out. They only want positive reviews of the doctor himself.

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
Hello Michael,

It sounds like you have some concerns about our review policy. We post positive reviews, negative reviews, and everything in between. The goal is to have patients review the doctor specifically, but mentioning the staff or location in your review is also allowed as long as you were seen by the doctor. We would be happy to discuss the policy with you to help clear up any confusion. When you have a chance, please give us a call at (855) 962-3621.

Best,

deannas39
11/27/17

Very glitchy and time consuming to maintain accuracy. Would not recommend. The trend is worsening, not getting better for provider synching with office schedule. If a pt schedules in zocdoc, and then you reschedule the patient in your "compatible" office scheduling software ... you have to take the time to go into zocdoc separately, and move it yourself. So, you have to make notes and know on your own schedule who made the appt, zocdoc ... put in your passwords, manually move it. it's a big PIA. I am always upset at the hurdles using this program. Can't wait to switch to another company

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
Hello Deanna,

Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some trouble managing the schedule at your office. We're certainly happy to help, and we hope you'll call us soon! You can reach us at (866) 962-3621. We'd love to work with your feedback and see what we can do to improve the healthcare experience for providers and staff, not just patients!

barbaral121
11/27/17

Needed appointment with an ENT. Went on line and made appointment. Gave all my personal info and health history and photo of health card only to be told CANCELLED! Cancelled before hours of Dr office opening so I couldn't even call to verify. Very disappointed! Told friends and MY WORK I made an appointment and guess now I'll tell them don't bother ever using Zocdoc. Total waste of time!

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
Hi there, Barbara,

This certainly isn't typical and not what we'd expect to happen. We'd like to apologize for the poor experience with this day-of cancellation by the office. Doctors guarantee that their appointment times are available, so we'd love to ensure this doesn't happen again for any other patients. Please contact us at (855) 962-3621 so we can gather some information about which provider was involved. We're also happy to find a more reliable provider for you. We're here for you, and we want to ensure you receive the healthcare you need!

kimh223
11/16/17

Seems to severely limit the negative reviews posted on their site, assuming b/c doctors are the folks that pay them. Left a negative review of a dangerously irresponsible doctor who tried to convince me my medical issue was the result of past trauma or d3 deficiency and didn't even treat it. they somehow posted a 3 star rating to this and I attempted numerous times to contact them and they simply said over and over again that they do not allow edits to reviews but I could delete it. $#*!ty company, $#*!ty user experience, $#*!ty people.

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
Hi Kim,

We're so sorry to hear about your experience here. To clarify on reviews, we want to create a useful, representative, and reliable resource that you can depend on. That means we post positive reviews, negative reviews, and everything in between. There are instances in which a review may not be posted. You can see more details about our review policy here: https://support.zocdoc.com/patients/s/article/Review-policy Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with by giving us a call at (855) 962-3621.

christinam138
11/8/17

The site itself makes things so much easier. The general user friendliness, the ease to make appointments and be reminded of them, make this site so easy. I had a wrote a bad review of one of the doctors I was using and was instantly contacted by customer service for the site. Tessie was amazing and so helpful. She helped me find another doctor, and listened to my complaint of the doctor. Thank you for all your help Tessie.

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
Hi Christina!

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We sincerely appreciate hearing this, and it's surely made our day! Tessie has been commended for her stellar work. Please let us know if there's anything else in the future we can help with by giving us a call at (855) 962-3621.

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

catherineh90
11/4/17

I would prefer calling the doctors myself to schedule the appointments. The cost of the appointment is not clear from the website and it could be way above my expectation. If I have to call to ask about the cost, why can't I just call to make the appointment? It was a waste of my time traveling to the doctor's office for nothing. Also, the doctor's office seemed dark, cold and uncomfortable. The cost and quality of care does not match. My previous experience with the doctors were not good either. I was not seen by the doctor I signed up for. The quality of care was below average, yet almost every doctor has 5 star review. I decided to deactivate the account prevent further negative experience on my side.

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
We're so sorry to hear you had a poor experience with a provider using our service. We can understand how jarring and disappointing this could have been for you. We'd like to know more information about your appointment in order to follow up with the practice and do all we can to prevent this from happening again. Please do give us a call at (855) 862-3621 at your earliest convenience so we can discuss what happened.

ar9372
10/20/17

I have made several appointments with a Primary Care physician. Completed all the paperwork online. Sent a copy of my ins. card. Did the whole early check-in thing.
My appointments were canceled because the doctor was not available for times SHOWN available on ZocDoc, rescheduled because the times SHOWN available on ZocDoc were not available, or I would show up and the office had NO RECORD of my appointment!
I thought it was me or the doctor office. After doing a little Googling... the problem is with Zoc Doc.
I now call the doctor office directly to schedule appointments. NO problem ever!
ZocDoc - PLEASE do not bother to post one of your scripted BS replies!

Response from Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative
We are terribly sorry to hear that you have not had great experiences using our service thus far. It is disappointing to hear about issues that you have detailed. We would like to learn more about these appointments in order to correct these issues moving forward. Has this been happening with just one office? Our medical professionals actually post the times and dates listed as available or our software reads the open availability within their calendar. Either way, we would like to lean more about what is going on to prevent issues like this from happening in the future. Do you mind reaching out at (855) 962 - 3621 so we could learn more about what is going on?

Zocdoc Service Team

The dentist pays $3000 for year. Zoc doc lines up the doctors in order of how new they are and how may appointments they have given that particular doctor that month. They try to keep it even across the pool of doctors so that they can keep the doctors as paying subscriptions.

By Prashant P.

Hi Sandra, we hope that you were able to get the care that you were looking for. At Zocdoc, we are not able to offer any medical advice or guidance so we recommend you contact your doctor directly if you need to ever verify they will be able to provide the treatment you are looking for. Feel free to reach out to the Zocdoc team at (855) 962-3621 or service@zocdoc.com if there is anything we can do to help you find the care that you need.

Yup - anywhere between $35 and $115

By Peter K.

Hello Swetha. Thanks for reaching out. We'd love to help you find a doctor and book an appointment right online. If you go to www.Zocdoc.com, you can search for doctors by specialty, location, and insurance. You'll be able to see a list of doctors and their availability. Once you select a doctor, you can choose the time that is best for you. Once you complete the booking process, the doctor will receive your appointment information and confirm your appointment via email. This is completely free for you as a patient. Please give us a call at (855) 962-3621 if you need help with this or anything else!

By Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative

Hi Amanda! That depends on the doctor's office! Every provider is different, so it would be best to get in touch with them about specific pricing information. Give us a call at 855-962-3621 if you have any other questions. In health, Mary M. Zocdoc Service Team

By Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative

Hi Mallory! Thanks for your question! You can see a provider's reviews by viewing the full profile and scrolling down. All of the reviews will be listed there toward the left side of the page. Give us a call at (855) 962-3621 if you are having any trouble! In health, Mary M. Zocdoc Service Team

By Zocdoc S., Zocdoc Representative

My guess is they have a very limited network. Not sure where you are located but I've never run into that insurance plan in NYC, and most psychiatrists in NYC are not in-network with any plans.

By Jonathan S.

As far as I know, zocdoc charges providers $3000 annually to be listed. This includes the ability to list and update your calendar of availability.

By Jonathan S.

Yes. This happened to us. My fiance became pregnant and we set an appointment with an obgyn. I took off from work, she made arrangements to be there, and then when we got there, the doctor had no idea that we were thRe to see them. They automatically asked us if we used zocdoc, so it seemed this was a common problem. We were not able to see the doctor and we had was to our time and energy.

By D K.

Questions? Get answers from the Zocdoc staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Zocdoc