Xoom Corporation reviews

Tel: 1-877-815-1531
robin.carr@xoom.com

majidb2
10/14/18

Once a while we have to send money abroad , I have a paypal account and they have this service XOOM I thought I can give it a try.Well big mistake after putting my order we have to go back and fort, send all documents requested, to end up just cancelling my transaction.I had to choose this service just to avoid waste of time and get the fund quickly in the hand of my wife guess what? I went to my Bank it took 20mn.Xoom 3 days and still requesting more proof ...

divyeshb
9/28/18

Sorry for 1 star. But it was very inconvenient and hassle. I had been using this service for years and all of my transaction used to be with xoom.com now they have very inconvenient polices that will cancel your transaction lock your account and most of them they will ask you the same detail that you have provided in transaction. I understand they ask the question for security that they have to confirm if those questions are legit. but address of recipient?
e.g. recipients address - Were you making sure that someone is going to that place and see if the person exist or fake person or probably going to walk in and hand over cash!!!!
Well this is what you experienced when small startup get merged in to giant companies where no respect to quality and common sense but quantity and idiotic practice of law.You are now the last in my list for my money transfer needs

kofoworolag1
9/13/18

They keep cancelling payments. My boss has to call them constantly to tell them to pay me my money.

It gets frustrating and annoying like he has been paying me for a year. Is it not common sense to know its not working?

jamesb8
7/6/18

Xoom was recommended to my friend Bill as a quick and easy way to transfer emergency funds to relatives in a different country. Since Bill has a little less experience with computer stuff than I do, he asked me to help him get the transfer set up. After talking with a service rep by phone, Bill put together an email with the information requested, including some scanned images of various documents, like his personal ID card, and sent it to Xoom. The following day, Xoom replied with a "Got it; you're good to go!" email, and Bill submitted his transfer request.

Then the fun began. Another Xoom email, a day later, indicated that the transaction had been cancelled because "the required documentation was not received in time." This led to some increasingly irate telephone discussions between Bill and various Xoom service reps until a "manager" was brought to the phone: the manager explained that the document in question was the I.D. of the RECIPIENT of the cash Suppressing the urge to yell "Well, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS BEFORE?," he agreed to get THAT document as well. He then told me that a close friend of his had been using XOOM for more than a year to transfer money to relatives in that same country, and had never been asked to provide the recipient's ID.

At this point, it occurred to me to look up some reviews of Xoom on SiteJabber and other websites: most of the customer reviews that I looked at were quite negative, and focused on the point that "service is terrible, and these people don't seem to know what they are doing."

One might expect that a company in the money-transfer business would develop standard procedures for sender and recipient, for each country in their network. One might also expect that they would also offer a checklist of the information and documentation required (from both sender and recipient), by country, AT THEIR WEBSITE, rather than providing this information on-the-fly, by phone.

Bill has decided to do his money transfers via Western Union.

davidm281
4/6/17

I have be a member of Zoom and Paypal for many years. All of a sudden I can not get on my account after checking everything over three times and changing my password twice still no luck. So I called only to be told they would have to connect me with another department to verify my account???
FORGET IT, I WILL GO ELSEWHERE!!!

carlosl19
11/22/13

Xoom is a great way to pay people in Latin America. They have relationships with the local banks so it makes it really easy.

randyb2
11/13/10

I have used XOOM for some time, with good service, but, after my fiancee informed me that the banks XOOM uses to pay the recipient makes the user wait a minimum of 2 hours in line, after the money was supposed to be authorized, I filed a complaint with XOOM. The following day my account was suspended, with the following message.

We write to inform you that, after careful review, we have disabled your Xoom account for violations of the Xoom User Agreement, effective immediately.

This decision cannot be appealed, and our customer service team will not be able to discuss the matter with you beyond restating the above.

Nonetheless, if you feel compelled to contact Xoom regarding this decision, you may send an email to us at account-compliance@xoom.com.

Very truly yours,

The Xoom Compliance Team

Questions? Get answers from the Xoom Corporation staff and other customers.

Xoom Corporation?