US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jamesd291
1/21/17

I have been a customer for a very long time, spent loads of money with them because I realized kids and dvd's do not last very long. I have never had a problem with their service. I have had to contact their customer service once because I accidentally bought something I didn't want and the promptly refunded the money because I did not watch it. Sounds to me some people pay and try to abuse it trying to get free movies and crap and giving a bad post. They allow you to choose 5 friends and share your video collections with them, it's like loaning your DVD out but actually getting it back in great condition and you can still watch it, also the added feature you can rent instead of buy!! I love vudu and will never change.

douglasc37
1/20/17

they have the worst customer servce i have ever seen they will double bill u but when u complain no response who ever is running their customer service should be fired they have know idea what their doing

melissam173
Jane D.
1/18/17

I saw an ad that said watch movies for free! Its only the app thats free! They want your credit card info! For what if its free?

davidg94
1/16/17

Works extremely well most of the time. There are times that using 100+MB Internet that VUDU pauses and freezes. It is rare but most often occurs on purchased seasons 8 & 9 of Big Bang Theory, cannot get past episode 4 or 5 on season 9. I have the DVD, so have not made resolving this a priority.

ericm162
1/14/17

We use Vudu for streaming rentals. There are times it does not work or has bandwidth issues and drops to 480 or lower resolution to keep from buffering, just like nextflix and everyone else. These issues usually happen on weekends and other high use times and are dependent on your IPS. If you are planning a night of anything more than casual watching, you'd be better off on purchasing (or renting) a DVD. Imagine having your 8 year old over with several friends with the promise of watching a movie just to find out the service is down or slow. Or that 3rd date with someone special and your Vudu keeps buffering! If purchasing from Vudu and keeping in your Vudu account, keep in mind they will have server crashes, server changes, upgrades, etc. Your account could be lost, deleted or damaged. They will be happy to reestablish your account but if you don't have receipts showing the movies you purchased, your out every purchase you made. To make things worse, they do not e-mail receipts of purchases, they keep that in your account ... the same one that may have been lost or damaged! Bottom line, Vudu is great for casual rentals on any night that if things stop working you won't be upset saying, "Oh well, time to go to bed", but for anything more, you really should think about something more reliable. Keep in mind, these comments apply to any on line streaming service, not just Vudu.

teoe5
1/8/17

Does not work I tried to rent x2 but it kept buffering and eventually I had to turn it off because it drove my family off the wall. It said my network was not up to speed but honestly I checked my wifi and it was up to speed

markz27
1/5/17

Last weekend I purchased a theatrical version of a movie on accident and wanted the extended version. I tried calling them but after 20 minutes of waiting I hung up. Then I emailed, few days later no response. So I messaged on facebook and they said contact the "phone" support. I said I did and there's no answer I've tried multiple times. No reply from that. Now I've tried a fifth tI'm to call still no answer after 18 minutes and I've emailed again. They are the worst no help at all I believe they won't help so don't even bother.

donw55
12/28/16

Rented 1 movie. It buffered every 10 - 15 seconds. Checked same connection thru Netflix, everything ok. Ended up paying another $6 to watch it on direct TV. Don't waste your time or money

nathanm71
12/21/16

Rented a movie and at first the sound wasn't linked to the movie...restarted it and kept saying no connection...but Netflix and amazon both work

scotta56
12/11/16

Tried watching a movie on December 4th, after 30-40 minutes the movie became unwatchable, video lag/stuttering, audio not syncing up. Figured it was a internet speed issue, checked mine and I was running at 50Mbs download, checked other webpages, such as YouTube and I was running fine. Requested a refund from Vudu, after a week they responded to tell me they couldn't give me a refund because I watched the movie... How is someone to know VUDU can't stream with out watching something?? Here is there official response.

Hello and thank you for contacting Vudu Customer Care,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, because the movie has been watched, we are unable to refund due to licensing that has already been paid to the studio. We appreciate your understanding in this matter, and encourage you to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.
Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Best wishes,

Andre Paul
VUDU Customer Care
1-888-554-VUDU (8838)
Hours of phone support:
7am - 8pm PST. 7 days a week!
support@vudu.com
support@vudu.com

Tip for consumers: Go rent it from amazon or redbox instead!

codyc21
11/19/16

The site allows users to "download" digital copies so you can watch them offline..... Well what they don't tell you is that all of the media is restricted and cannot be accessed without their app. Regardless of whether you are using the online app or the offline app, it rarely works. I purchased HD copies and could only watch them in standard definition. Even with the standard definition it continuously had problems. Worst purchase ever.....

davids615
11/1/16

After downloaing lots of movies and TV episodes for my 5 years old to watch while traveling...
All of the sudden, none of the downloaded items ard recognized by the PC nor by our Apple products....Vudu's answer is to REdownload ALL my items agzin and PAY again my internet provider for the 100'S of GB of downloads....
It's a money making scam...

tammyw36
10/25/16

We rented Tarzan and watched it then it disappeared didn't give us our 24hr the other 2 movies disappear as well so I called and all they would say was sorry but it shows you got them so we paid for 3 movie's and seen one , WILL NEVER RENT ANOTHER OR RECOMMEND IT EITHER

altonh16
10/20/16

I bought 3 Roku devices with $5 redemption codes in each. I redeemed 2 and received a maximum redemption code error upon trying to enter the 3rd. I feel cheated!

jeffreya30
10/11/16

I bought the movie ouija within this year on Vudu. My son watched again recently and Vudu charged me again for the movie. This caused an overdraft on my bank account. I called Vudu on this matter and they said they would refund my money but I would loose the movie that I already purchased in the first place. I'm afraid to watch the other movies that I already purchased.

cathyjoc
9/28/16

AVOID VUDU. I signed up with a paypal coupon promotion in time for the kids 12 birthday sleep over. Was suppose to have five free movies, spoke to Rachelle on Saturday, no help, spoke to Richard on Sunday, customer service isn't. Started writing the promotions department on a Monday, they asked for screen shots of the offer, did that, four times - they said they couldn't read them. Have emailed them over three weeks, called them since day one - all started the 2nd of September, it's the 28th with NO resolution. What a crappy company.

josiahp10
9/18/16

Won't refund an accidental purchase and I refuse to watch it. Terrible terrible movie. 20$ wasted for nothing. Should have never stopped using amazon.

brendal55
9/10/16

I've been a Vudu customers for several years, and have amassed a huge video library. Two weeks ago, I bought four movies, and went to Vudu.com to redeem the digital copies. I quickly noticed that 21 of my titles are missing ...just GONE. I immediately e-mailed Vudu Customer Support, requesting an investigation into the loss of my 21 titles. I received no response after a week of waiting, so I sent 2 additional e-mails to customer support. Today, I finally received a reply, saying that "I" deleted the movies on August 29. The Vudu e-mail directed me to phone their toll-free number, if I didn't delete the movies.

After being on hold with Vudu Customer Support for 20 minutes, I was then informed they couldn't help me! They referred me to the Ultraviolet website for help with the problem. so, it seems, I'm out 21 movies! BEWARE VUDU.com.

lisaf117
9/9/16

It was a weekend of a holiday (Labor Day weekend) and I know they are closed on the weekend and on holidays. I totally understand that. I emailed them and have yet to get a response almost a week later. What a joke. If I could give no stars, I would. At this point, I don't need their d*mn help!!!

carloss71
9/7/16

I pre order a movie with a free movie ticket promotion, I never received the movie ticket, I called VUDU and I asked for help, after a month of more calls and emails, I called again and I got the answer "The department in charge of promotions is called, please call them later".
This is worst than comcast!..let's see how to this works when I ask for a refund.

markm283
8/12/16

Buffer buffer buffer not much more to say. Vudu is $#*!. I'll stick to Netflix and amazon.

rayw45
8/12/16

Tried to get credit via Wal-Mart as demanded from Roku's Vudu. Never worked. Went to Amazon...presto kids are watching the movie with no need for WAL-MART site.

seanm119
8/7/16

Had it for years and never had a problem with it. Felt like watching a movie so decided to use the service. Been updating my info for HOURS and it still says its not correct. Go to account info and Everything is updated. Even went so far as to reset my bluray and thought I was getting somewhere but no.... disappointment. Im so freaking angry I could hit a wall. EVERYTHING on my end is correct. I WILL NEVER USE THIS JOKE OF A COMPANY AGAIN.

edb58
8/7/16

Vudu is a CRAP!!!! Customer service is no help at all. Tried contacting them and they will not solve login issue,

jeffm142
8/6/16

So I tried to buy a movie Batman The killing Joke. I was a special deal $16.99 for Hdx download and Blue ray disc when I went to order it it said it could not complete the order try later or call tech support, so I called tech support and they informed me that the reason was because I did not have an address listed in my profile, but yet when i clicked on my profile the address was already listed. I've been a member for over two years and added my address when I signed up. The tech support agent said he couldn't do any thing for me. I contacted support via email and have not gotten a reply back go figure, So tell me why I should keep my account open

80 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

26 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the VUDU staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question