US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

codyc21
11/19/16

The site allows users to "download" digital copies so you can watch them offline..... Well what they don't tell you is that all of the media is restricted and cannot be accessed without their app. Regardless of whether you are using the online app or the offline app, it rarely works. I purchased HD copies and could only watch them in standard definition. Even with the standard definition it continuously had problems. Worst purchase ever.....

davids615
11/1/16

After downloaing lots of movies and TV episodes for my 5 years old to watch while traveling...
All of the sudden, none of the downloaded items ard recognized by the PC nor by our Apple products....Vudu's answer is to REdownload ALL my items agzin and PAY again my internet provider for the 100'S of GB of downloads....
It's a money making scam...

tammyw36
10/25/16

We rented Tarzan and watched it then it disappeared didn't give us our 24hr the other 2 movies disappear as well so I called and all they would say was sorry but it shows you got them so we paid for 3 movie's and seen one , WILL NEVER RENT ANOTHER OR RECOMMEND IT EITHER

altonh16
10/20/16

I bought 3 Roku devices with $5 redemption codes in each. I redeemed 2 and received a maximum redemption code error upon trying to enter the 3rd. I feel cheated!

jeffreya30
10/11/16

I bought the movie ouija within this year on Vudu. My son watched again recently and Vudu charged me again for the movie. This caused an overdraft on my bank account. I called Vudu on this matter and they said they would refund my money but I would loose the movie that I already purchased in the first place. I'm afraid to watch the other movies that I already purchased.

cathyjoc
9/28/16

AVOID VUDU. I signed up with a paypal coupon promotion in time for the kids 12 birthday sleep over. Was suppose to have five free movies, spoke to Rachelle on Saturday, no help, spoke to Richard on Sunday, customer service isn't. Started writing the promotions department on a Monday, they asked for screen shots of the offer, did that, four times - they said they couldn't read them. Have emailed them over three weeks, called them since day one - all started the 2nd of September, it's the 28th with NO resolution. What a crappy company.

josiahp10
9/18/16

Won't refund an accidental purchase and I refuse to watch it. Terrible terrible movie. 20$ wasted for nothing. Should have never stopped using amazon.

brendal55
9/10/16

I've been a Vudu customers for several years, and have amassed a huge video library. Two weeks ago, I bought four movies, and went to Vudu.com to redeem the digital copies. I quickly noticed that 21 of my titles are missing ...just GONE. I immediately e-mailed Vudu Customer Support, requesting an investigation into the loss of my 21 titles. I received no response after a week of waiting, so I sent 2 additional e-mails to customer support. Today, I finally received a reply, saying that "I" deleted the movies on August 29. The Vudu e-mail directed me to phone their toll-free number, if I didn't delete the movies.

After being on hold with Vudu Customer Support for 20 minutes, I was then informed they couldn't help me! They referred me to the Ultraviolet website for help with the problem. so, it seems, I'm out 21 movies! BEWARE VUDU.com.

lisaf117
9/9/16

It was a weekend of a holiday (Labor Day weekend) and I know they are closed on the weekend and on holidays. I totally understand that. I emailed them and have yet to get a response almost a week later. What a joke. If I could give no stars, I would. At this point, I don't need their d*mn help!!!

carloss71
9/7/16

I pre order a movie with a free movie ticket promotion, I never received the movie ticket, I called VUDU and I asked for help, after a month of more calls and emails, I called again and I got the answer "The department in charge of promotions is called, please call them later".
This is worst than comcast!..let's see how to this works when I ask for a refund.

markm283
8/12/16

Buffer buffer buffer not much more to say. Vudu is $#*!. I'll stick to Netflix and amazon.

rayw45
8/12/16

Tried to get credit via Wal-Mart as demanded from Roku's Vudu. Never worked. Went to Amazon...presto kids are watching the movie with no need for WAL-MART site.

seanm119
8/7/16

Had it for years and never had a problem with it. Felt like watching a movie so decided to use the service. Been updating my info for HOURS and it still says its not correct. Go to account info and Everything is updated. Even went so far as to reset my bluray and thought I was getting somewhere but no.... disappointment. Im so freaking angry I could hit a wall. EVERYTHING on my end is correct. I WILL NEVER USE THIS JOKE OF A COMPANY AGAIN.

edb58
8/7/16

Vudu is a CRAP!!!! Customer service is no help at all. Tried contacting them and they will not solve login issue,

jeffm142
8/6/16

So I tried to buy a movie Batman The killing Joke. I was a special deal $16.99 for Hdx download and Blue ray disc when I went to order it it said it could not complete the order try later or call tech support, so I called tech support and they informed me that the reason was because I did not have an address listed in my profile, but yet when i clicked on my profile the address was already listed. I've been a member for over two years and added my address when I signed up. The tech support agent said he couldn't do any thing for me. I contacted support via email and have not gotten a reply back go figure, So tell me why I should keep my account open

tys175
8/3/16

Just watched Batman and it took almost 3 hours because it keeps shutting off. Seeing these other comments at least lets me know that's the last movie I'll watch on this app. Joker service.

stevens62
8/2/16

I paid for one movie and could not watch it due to buffering problems (possible on my end). I requested a credit or a cancellation of charge due to problems. I also requested that they close my account if they could not do that. I received zero response.

terib11
7/13/16

I had rented and purchased movies through Vudu on my Blu-Ray. Then I updated my email and payment info and tried for almost 2 MONTHS to get Vudu to update my account info. with my Blu-ray. I provided my device ID 3 times and they just couldn't get it done. The first time I requested to have old info removed from my device, they completed shut down the online email chain and input my problem was "resolved". The last straw was an apology for closing the conversation before problem resolved and said their records showed my device was connected to my new Email and how do I wish to proceed. There is still no devices connected to my new email! I give up. But after reading all the streaming/buffering problems, I'm satisfied with my decision to cut them off at the neck. USELESS IDIOTS!

leeh77
7/9/16

Theyou should change the name to Buffer.

zonr
7/4/16

EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO INPUT ACCOUNT INFORMATION, TRIED FOR A GOOD 15 MIN INPUTTING ACCOUNT INFORMATION OVER AND OVER AGAIN STILL CANNOT LOG IN, EXTREMELY HORRIBLE USER INTERFACE.

richardf67
6/30/16

After purchasing a DVD and trying to put it on an external drive I was stymied. So I had to use a new service called Ultraviolet that purports to allow downloading of movies. Well, first I had to register with them and then with VUDU. VUDU offered a download option, but it doesn't work so I am now left to watch the movie through VUDU or run the DVD on my computer, no TV option. I feel ripped off not to mention I now have an unwanted account with VUDU.

samk86
6/24/16

Absolutely horrible customer service. I rented a movie that stopped working in the middle. All other internet sites and video sites (youtube, amazon, etc) worked no problem at the time so this was clearly their issue. I contacted support and asked for a reset of the movie so I could finish. Instead they sent me a list of 20 things about my computer and network that they said they needed before they could 'consider' my request. I jumped through their hoops out of principle and sent the info...then no response despite multiple follow-ups over a period of over month. Bottom line, they just wanted to give me busy work in hopes that would get rid of me. Stealing my money by not delivering what you promised is bad enough, but don't waste my time! Don't pretend to offer customer service and then ignore your customer!! I will never use Vudu again.

patrickf33
6/23/16

I watched a movie with almost no problems. a few times the video 'stuttered' (froze for half a second or so then resumed). No buffering.

tylerd29
6/20/16

All I was trying to do was download a digital copy of a dvd, and it made me use VUDU. So I have to go onto vudu and create a vudu account. Then I have to give them my credit card information. Then after struggling for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to watch my movie, I find out I have to download the vudu app. Then the VUDU app won't let me log in. Finally after half an hour, I'm able to download my movie. All this bull crap, just to download a simple digital movie.

garym118
6/17/16

I just tried to use the vudu app Facebook so I could access Facebook on my tv and until you give vudu full access to your posts, photos, personal info and virtually all info you have they refuse Facebook access thru their service....anybody else feel this is intrusive??

80 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

26 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the VUDU staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question