US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

markm283
8/12/16

Buffer buffer buffer not much more to say. Vudu is $#*!. I'll stick to Netflix and amazon.

rayw45
8/12/16

Tried to get credit via Wal-Mart as demanded from Roku's Vudu. Never worked. Went to Amazon...presto kids are watching the movie with no need for WAL-MART site.

seanm119
8/7/16

Had it for years and never had a problem with it. Felt like watching a movie so decided to use the service. Been updating my info for HOURS and it still says its not correct. Go to account info and Everything is updated. Even went so far as to reset my bluray and thought I was getting somewhere but no.... disappointment. Im so freaking angry I could hit a wall. EVERYTHING on my end is correct. I WILL NEVER USE THIS JOKE OF A COMPANY AGAIN.

edb58
8/7/16

Vudu is a CRAP!!!! Customer service is no help at all. Tried contacting them and they will not solve login issue,

jeffm142
8/6/16

So I tried to buy a movie Batman The killing Joke. I was a special deal $16.99 for Hdx download and Blue ray disc when I went to order it it said it could not complete the order try later or call tech support, so I called tech support and they informed me that the reason was because I did not have an address listed in my profile, but yet when i clicked on my profile the address was already listed. I've been a member for over two years and added my address when I signed up. The tech support agent said he couldn't do any thing for me. I contacted support via email and have not gotten a reply back go figure, So tell me why I should keep my account open

tys175
8/3/16

Just watched Batman and it took almost 3 hours because it keeps shutting off. Seeing these other comments at least lets me know that's the last movie I'll watch on this app. Joker service.

stevens62
8/2/16

I paid for one movie and could not watch it due to buffering problems (possible on my end). I requested a credit or a cancellation of charge due to problems. I also requested that they close my account if they could not do that. I received zero response.

terib11
7/13/16

I had rented and purchased movies through Vudu on my Blu-Ray. Then I updated my email and payment info and tried for almost 2 MONTHS to get Vudu to update my account info. with my Blu-ray. I provided my device ID 3 times and they just couldn't get it done. The first time I requested to have old info removed from my device, they completed shut down the online email chain and input my problem was "resolved". The last straw was an apology for closing the conversation before problem resolved and said their records showed my device was connected to my new Email and how do I wish to proceed. There is still no devices connected to my new email! I give up. But after reading all the streaming/buffering problems, I'm satisfied with my decision to cut them off at the neck. USELESS IDIOTS!

leeh77
7/9/16

Theyou should change the name to Buffer.

zonr
7/4/16

EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO INPUT ACCOUNT INFORMATION, TRIED FOR A GOOD 15 MIN INPUTTING ACCOUNT INFORMATION OVER AND OVER AGAIN STILL CANNOT LOG IN, EXTREMELY HORRIBLE USER INTERFACE.

richardf67
6/30/16

After purchasing a DVD and trying to put it on an external drive I was stymied. So I had to use a new service called Ultraviolet that purports to allow downloading of movies. Well, first I had to register with them and then with VUDU. VUDU offered a download option, but it doesn't work so I am now left to watch the movie through VUDU or run the DVD on my computer, no TV option. I feel ripped off not to mention I now have an unwanted account with VUDU.

samk86
6/24/16

Absolutely horrible customer service. I rented a movie that stopped working in the middle. All other internet sites and video sites (youtube, amazon, etc) worked no problem at the time so this was clearly their issue. I contacted support and asked for a reset of the movie so I could finish. Instead they sent me a list of 20 things about my computer and network that they said they needed before they could 'consider' my request. I jumped through their hoops out of principle and sent the info...then no response despite multiple follow-ups over a period of over month. Bottom line, they just wanted to give me busy work in hopes that would get rid of me. Stealing my money by not delivering what you promised is bad enough, but don't waste my time! Don't pretend to offer customer service and then ignore your customer!! I will never use Vudu again.

patrickf33
6/23/16

I watched a movie with almost no problems. a few times the video 'stuttered' (froze for half a second or so then resumed). No buffering.

tylerd29
6/20/16

All I was trying to do was download a digital copy of a dvd, and it made me use VUDU. So I have to go onto vudu and create a vudu account. Then I have to give them my credit card information. Then after struggling for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to watch my movie, I find out I have to download the vudu app. Then the VUDU app won't let me log in. Finally after half an hour, I'm able to download my movie. All this bull crap, just to download a simple digital movie.

garym118
6/17/16

I just tried to use the vudu app Facebook so I could access Facebook on my tv and until you give vudu full access to your posts, photos, personal info and virtually all info you have they refuse Facebook access thru their service....anybody else feel this is intrusive??

markl191
6/15/16

Impossible to watch a movie, it stops to buffer every 30 seconds. What a waste of money. Will never use this joke service again.

markm267
6/15/16

I have setup an account and linked to my walmart account....which is also linked to my walmart CC ....i can't purchase a movie on vudu to save my life....walmart.com says go to vudu.com....and vudu.com says go to walmart.com.....this service is obviously ripe with issues.....beware !!!!!!!!!

ilovem
6/12/16

VUDU is the best!

kristiej2
6/12/16

We bought movies through vudu. Now, on our Roku devices, they won't play. We click "watch movie", it buffers, then sends us to the rating screen that comes up after the movie has played all the way through. I think I'll go back to buying discs.

billl80
6/10/16

I tried to pause and wait it out, but it buffers every 30 seconds. I'll not be using Vudu ever again. terrible experience.

porterh12
6/7/16

I really love Vudu's product. I think it works well and is easy to navigate. While their product is excellent in my opinion, their customer service is some of the worst I have encountered. I recently bought a television that came with a free Mission Impossible code to be redeemed on Vudu. When I tried to redeem the code, it would not work. I contacted Vudu customer service by email. I received a response that they would look into the issue and get back to me. I sent them a picture of the slip of paper which had the redemption code and a picture of my Costco receipt which showed the date on which I bought the television. Since then I have emailed at least once every 5 days asking for an update to which I received no response over the course of a month. I am actually very surprised that they didn't respond at all to my emails. I have never had this happen with any company's customer service. Yes, sometimes the responses I receive are undesired, but I have never been completely ignored as I have been with Vudu. Very poor customer service. One of the worst.

Tip for consumers: This review only reflects Vudu's customer service aspect.

jamief35
6/6/16

I had 48 movies downloaded on vudu last night I went to watch a movie and I only had 17 what the hell happened to all my others that I had.

patriceh1
5/26/16

It take to long to buffer and you can't even watch the movie you bought without it taking to long to load. Why buy movie on the go if the vudu app doesn't even work.

ede157
5/25/16

VUDU SUCKS! They are scam artists. They knowingly rent out movies that you can never watch because they buffer every three seconds. From the reviews I've read, their manager is extremely rude, so any attempts to get a refund would be fruitless. Everyone who has been ripped off by VUDU should get together in a class action lawsuit and go after them for their fraudulent business practices. By the time they've spent all their money in attorney's fees, and paying back all their victims money, they will have no choice but to close up shop.

deannw2
5/22/16

We rented our first and only movie from VUDU, it buffered every 15 to 30 seconds.

80 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

24 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the VUDU staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question