Review of VUDU

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

bobp76
4/17/17

T-Mobile offers credit every Tuesday on vudu. But movies integration and viewing sucks and customer service at its worse. Sent them 5 emails didn't hear back. And I called them. Spoke to two different idiots working there and after 54 mins was told no credits would be issued even though this was no fault of mine. T mobile should recall using vudu.

thomasj78
4/15/17

I'm surprised that Vudu has such a low rating average that's why you can't always believe any review before seeing for yourself.
First of all out of the countless apps for streaming movies/TV shows I find Vudu has one of the best picture and sound qualities out of any of them that I've tried hands down. Not only is it HD Vudu has a much better picture with their HDX format that they came up with which in my opinion is as close to Ultra HD or 4K as I've seen that isn't actually 4K ,also they do have the capability of streaming 4K if you have the proper equipment like for instance Xbox One S has 4K and the Vudu app does stream 4k on the Xbox One S. I have a 4K Vizio TV and stream most of my TV watching thru Vizio's Smartcast, which has mostly apps with Chromecast ....amyway with Vudu which I originally started using because any blu-Ray I buy that includes a Digital HD copy can very easily be added to my Vudu account (app) and than I can stream my movies/Shows thru the app via my Samsung S7 EDGE or Xbox One .
I have the proper high speed internet which you need to stream anything in high quality and alot of apps work well this way especially Vudu it looks and sounds great and I never have any problems with it buffering too much or buffering at all.
I highly recommend Vudu personally...its Great!!

jhonh8
4/6/17

It stop all the time when watch a movie. Not happy with it. I'm not going to used it any more. I hope you guys don't waste your time on this app. It truly suck ass

jamess526
4/4/17

I have bought over 30 VUDU movies, 6 have Unreadable codes 2 more have no codes at all. I don't have trouble with first releases, it'seems the bundles, collections,, and "classic" titles presenting the problems with the VUDU stickers.

lisam420
4/3/17

I have been using Vudu for at least five years. I've never had a single problem with audio or video quality. I love the convenience of having purchased movies stored for me in a way that doesn't allow me to lose them or get them scratched. Anyone I allow to watch my movies is unable to lose them or forget to give them back, as well!

One wish--that the price of the rental would be deducted from the purchase price if I decide I love the movie so much I want to own it. I've gambled and bought movies that turn out to be mediocre and rented movies I wish I'd bought.

jayj84
4/1/17

BUYER BEWARE!! VUDU PROMPTS YOU TO USE YOUR WALMART NAME/PASSWORD TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE VUDU SITE . ONCE IN, WALMART GIVES VUDU THE CREDIT CARD INFO YOU HAVE ON FILE. iF YOU CLICK ON ANYTHING IN VUDU YOU OWN IT!! THERE IS NO CHECKOUT JUST A INSTANT CHARGE. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A VOICEMAIL. THESE SCUMBAGS ARE THIEVES! SAME MENTALITY AS ROBOCALLERS

danaj27
3/30/17

Paid 78$ dollars on complete harry potter collection and sound cuts in and out sounds like a crappy bootleg copy simple solution fix the sound distortion with a new copy that doesn't sound bootleg on the last harry potter or refund but the worst part is that there is absolutely no customer service and waiting a week for your money back is crap. Especially because we bought this from you once before and told you the problem months ago and it's still not fixed. Had I of known this I'd have purchased through my Amazon prime account.

vannasilyp
3/28/17

On my itemized bank statement all I can read over and over is vudu.com , called The company to ask about all those charges , rudest Customer service ever , first I was told there were no charges , but I gave them precise dates when I was charged , his only answers was they were authorized transactions and I should check my credit card statement . Worse experience ever , and I mean it .

conniei7
3/26/17

Constant buffering issues
Requirement for a Flash plug-in (after movie played several times, albeit poorly before)
No evidence of improvement or interest in improving despite feedback

All other streaming media site like Netflix & Amazon Prime Video work perfectly on MacBook Air (VUDU blames the player)

Off to submit a Better Business Bureau complaint....

caitlinl13
3/24/17

I normally only use VUDU for redemptions but sometimes there are some great deals on movies I love.

Then they came out with Disc to Digital for PC and offered that if you converted more than 10 of your current movies, you'd get a discount of half off. So I started scanning my movies Thursday night, and when I woke up in the morning I finished another two movies. The discount specifically said it would apply at checkout and not to worry about the full price amount. So I went to check out where it displayed which movies I had selected, and then I went to order and SURPRISE! No discount was applied.

I immediately called them as soon as they opened, and after waiting on hold for 25 minutes (which is astounding because they had just opened), I reached a customer service agent who literally could do nothing for me. And I mean exactly what I just said, this was her actual response to me when I explained the issue. She said that the way their system was set up, there was no way for them to give a discount on a purchase or refund a purchase, REGARDLESS OF THE REASON, because there was no way for them to know that it wasn't already downloaded to the PC. She apologized and said that the half off sale ended midnight (just 7 hours before I made the call), and even though VUDU did not notify me that stuff in my cart was no longer half off, they were not responsible for the error with the discount. I thought this was a joke. I asked if she could just remove my entire disc to digital order and suspend access to those movies because I didn't want them for the full price. Her reply, again, was that there was NO WAY for movies to be refunded or discounted once they were purchased.

I asked if I could dispute the charge with my bank because she was sure she could not do anything for me at all. Her response was this, and this is what should scare any customer away:

If you file a dispute with your bank, and it becomes a chargeback, your VUDU account will be suspended.

I laughed at first and asked if she was serious because I had tons of movies in my collection that were already redeemed or paid for, and she said that she was serious and that my account would be suspended. I asked about what would happen to all the movies I've paid for or redeemed, and she replied "I don't think you'll lose access to them, or you shouldn't anyways". In other words, if I dispute the charge with my bank, I could stand to lose all of my movies.

Don't EVER purchase anything from VUDU unless you're absolutely sure that regardless of what issue arises, you're okay with losing the money you've invested in the movies you have with them.

fedu14
2/26/17

Nothing I purchase or rent plays right. It all buffers like $#*! and I have to restart everything for it to work right and it still doesn't. So frustrating

rossl30
2/26/17

To whom it may concern,

I do not understand where all these negative comments come from. I have used Vudu service without any hitches. My family has watched 3 HD movies from different rooms on apple ipads, LG Tv's and android devices at the same time almost everyday without any issues. Steaming quality top notch from resolution to sound. With over 1600 movies and even more TV shows, I have never been charged twice for a movie. They have refunded me without issue when I bought a directors cut when I already has an unrated version. They have even refunded me for movies I bought that I said we did not like after watching. However, they said they will not refund again as it is not policy to refund for unlike movies. I hope this review helps.

Ross

shellyf19
2/20/17

No help from those son of $#*!es! cant watch 600gb I paid for!
Do not give them a cent! They turned me to torrent and hacking.
My life goal? DESTROY VUDU

tylera26
2/15/17

I have been using VUDU for a while now, I get blu-ray movies and redeem the digital codes, I purchase movies directly from them as well when there is a deal, and I like my UV accounts with them. The service is generally good.

However, their customer service is atrocious. I accidentally made a purchase because I wasn't properly prompted on their website whether or not I wanted to confirm my order. I notified VUDU immediately afterwards, I never touched the movies that were part of the bundle. It was an accident. I called them, it took about 15-20 minutes on hold then I got someone who seemed less than sure of themselves, but confident that I would get a refund. This was February 8th. I never heard back, never got a confirmation number for the call/dispute, etc. I called back on February 14th, again with a long wait, finally got through to someone, they said they would have to look into it, put me on hold for another 10 minutes.

Finally the rep came back on, they did apologize for the very long hold time, and they said that I would hear back sometime in the next 3-4 days, this was on top of the week I have already waited.

I then got a reply email from them today saying I was SOL.

Bottom line, I will continue to use VUDU for my blu-ray digital redemptions, but I will absolutely not be a customer of theirs in any other capacity. The buck stops here.

joem236
2/12/17

Customer service sucks. Tried 2 email addresses, never got a reply from vudu on either.
Called customerservice. Waited on hold 20 minutes.
Don't waste your time

2/4/17

It's a scam! I had the same issue and so have many others according to reviews. The movies don't play they buffer constantly and downloading to vudu to go is nothing but a waste of time and a complete joke. Go with another company.

jamesd291
1/21/17

I have been a customer for a very long time, spent loads of money with them because I realized kids and dvd's do not last very long. I have never had a problem with their service. I have had to contact their customer service once because I accidentally bought something I didn't want and the promptly refunded the money because I did not watch it. Sounds to me some people pay and try to abuse it trying to get free movies and crap and giving a bad post. They allow you to choose 5 friends and share your video collections with them, it's like loaning your DVD out but actually getting it back in great condition and you can still watch it, also the added feature you can rent instead of buy!! I love vudu and will never change.

douglasc37
1/20/17

they have the worst customer servce i have ever seen they will double bill u but when u complain no response who ever is running their customer service should be fired they have know idea what their doing

melissam173
Jane D.
1/18/17

I saw an ad that said watch movies for free! Its only the app thats free! They want your credit card info! For what if its free?

davidg94
1/16/17

Works extremely well most of the time. There are times that using 100+MB Internet that VUDU pauses and freezes. It is rare but most often occurs on purchased seasons 8 & 9 of Big Bang Theory, cannot get past episode 4 or 5 on season 9. I have the DVD, so have not made resolving this a priority.

ericm162
1/14/17

We use Vudu for streaming rentals. There are times it does not work or has bandwidth issues and drops to 480 or lower resolution to keep from buffering, just like nextflix and everyone else. These issues usually happen on weekends and other high use times and are dependent on your IPS. If you are planning a night of anything more than casual watching, you'd be better off on purchasing (or renting) a DVD. Imagine having your 8 year old over with several friends with the promise of watching a movie just to find out the service is down or slow. Or that 3rd date with someone special and your Vudu keeps buffering! If purchasing from Vudu and keeping in your Vudu account, keep in mind they will have server crashes, server changes, upgrades, etc. Your account could be lost, deleted or damaged. They will be happy to reestablish your account but if you don't have receipts showing the movies you purchased, your out every purchase you made. To make things worse, they do not e-mail receipts of purchases, they keep that in your account ... the same one that may have been lost or damaged! Bottom line, Vudu is great for casual rentals on any night that if things stop working you won't be upset saying, "Oh well, time to go to bed", but for anything more, you really should think about something more reliable. Keep in mind, these comments apply to any on line streaming service, not just Vudu.

teoe5
1/8/17

Does not work I tried to rent x2 but it kept buffering and eventually I had to turn it off because it drove my family off the wall. It said my network was not up to speed but honestly I checked my wifi and it was up to speed

markz27
1/5/17

Last weekend I purchased a theatrical version of a movie on accident and wanted the extended version. I tried calling them but after 20 minutes of waiting I hung up. Then I emailed, few days later no response. So I messaged on facebook and they said contact the "phone" support. I said I did and there's no answer I've tried multiple times. No reply from that. Now I've tried a fifth tI'm to call still no answer after 18 minutes and I've emailed again. They are the worst no help at all I believe they won't help so don't even bother.

donw55
12/28/16

Rented 1 movie. It buffered every 10 - 15 seconds. Checked same connection thru Netflix, everything ok. Ended up paying another $6 to watch it on direct TV. Don't waste your time or money

nathanm71
12/21/16

Rented a movie and at first the sound wasn't linked to the movie...restarted it and kept saying no connection...but Netflix and amazon both work

80 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

27 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the VUDU staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
marilynt23
Marilyn T.
on 1/27/17
Answer
Lisa J.
A: I would just stay away from vudu altogether. They are the worst company I have ever interacted with. I spent a lot of money on videos with them and I cannot watch any of them because the just buffer literally every 5 seconds and then I downloaded them through vudu to go and they won't play on there either. I keep getting a message that vudu cannot authenticate my account. I e-mailed customer services 3 times and have never received a response. I have wasted about $1000.00 on movies that I cannot watch. I have started using amazon prime video and other sites as well and have no problems whatsoever. Just stay away from vudu they are just taking your money.
on 2/4/17
Helpful answer
Add your answer
joes617
Joe S.
on 11/13/16
Answer
Lisa J.
A: I have had nothing but problems with vudu. My opinion is just stay away and use another company. They are the worst. You will waste your money.
on 2/4/17