Review of VUDU

Tel: (312)729-4068
press@vudu.com

jacquelinev9
6/17/17

Man handled at door and insulted. Restaurant next door got involved, something dodgy going on.. lots of women in there long afteŕ it closed? Racist and ageist

mk147
6/9/17

There isn't one issue on site I haven't experienced since signing up with VUDU/ VOODOO, and I'm pissed, because I expected this, and yet, I signed up for it, which makes me the model consumer in the eyes of WALMART/VOODOO and the other new age giants who have stripped consumers of their rights to expect good service, respect and some modicum of privacy when it comes to our information.

But nooo, I started to believe all the hype. It was everywhere, and there were people who loved what they thought would be a CONVENIENCE, but I knew better. There's never been a convenience offered without the eventual price tag attached to it, and when it comes to anything digital, the American consumer is still feigning ignorance to the reality that services like VOODOO/VUDU/VOODOO and WALMART have succeeded in having their cake and eating it, too.

Think about it: every last one of these selfish, elitist power hungry CROOKS - AMAZON, VUDU, GOOGLE, et al, have carved out and designated "space" making it their own, giving it a catchy name (The Cloud),and then sold us on the idea that it was possible to both "lease" and "sell" to us at the same time. Talk about two different actions occupying the same space. I can't speak to this impossibility from the position of a scientist, but as an English major, we have been led down a path of delusion that dystopian authors have written about since the first screening of the film, "Metropolis."

It's now official: These men of business, these corporate clowns, -these LIARS-intentionally create products that don't fulfill the promise. Period.

Each and every call made to a service center, every minute over 30 spent waiting for tech support, or the hours you have to make up at work,in order to stand in long lines waiting to talk to short-tempered techs, shows the utter disdain of people like "The Sam Walton Family," now considered an "american institution,' which may be a legitimate designation, when considering that the practices of "VOODOO-VUDU-VOODOO" are so much like the policies of its sister companies, Walmart and "Sams Club," both of which are now trying to model itself after Amazon and Hulu. Even as I write this, I'm almost certain Sam Walton probably calls Bezos once a week to see how he doing. They're competitors, not enemies. At least not in the sense that we've grown up to believe.
But I guess we're not to take it personally, because everyone's doing it, and these companies have sold us on the idea of wanting what we want, when we want it, and preferably getting it before we know that we want it. Such is the situation with Walmart's newest bastard child, "VOODOO/VUDU/VOODOO." What's really funny is that Walmart's "VOODOO-VUDU-VOODOO" isn't even TRYING to be as good as AMAZON Prime Time Video, which means that they'll settle for the profit that comes from the promises they make - to be the next best thing to Netflix, but, that's not likely to happen.
Still, we, the consumer continue to see, hear, touch and believe the claims of the "bright and shiny," and we buy it, only to get pissed off at the lie.
Who knew at the time that the space claimed by Google and Windows would one day represent the consumer, trying to get out from under the heavy mist that has settled on the brain and fogged the minds of people who are more than willing to be wooed by the not-so-sweet-smelling scent of companies and corporations that care not so much for money, but power.
Isn't it time for the consumer to ask themselves what they're willing to sacrifice in order to demand good business practices from predators like "The VOODOO-VUDU-VOODOO fly trap."

Meantime, I'm waiting for someone to discover how to put my movies on a disc -with or without Sam Walton's permission. Amazing. We now root for the hackers. They're the only ones keeping the rest of them on their toes.

mattw79
5/29/17

Busy tells me it recommend hex to view the movie then won't play it so I switch to the other version and all it does is buffer the whole time I don't think it's a internet problem like they say I think it's poor development by the company my net flux don't buffer a thousand times every two minutes

edh44
5/14/17

Agree with all the negative comments. I have 600 plus movies on VUDU. Downloading a movie to your iPad is a nightmare. 9/10 times it fails. VUDU customer service doesn't care one bit when you seek help. Have had issues with movies not appearing in my account through a purchase several times and when you call or contact their customer service they want exact details of the purchase images and copies of the purchase and when you provide that information they take at least 4-6 weeks to just respond typically asking for more information to research. Each time resulting in 4 weeks more of doing nothing. Remember I paid for these movies and have nothing from them. I've had this happen 6 times. Each of the 6 times I have not gotten a refund or the movie and if u do dispute they will shut your account down. They really suck and hold you for ransom. Remember I have 600 plus movies on here so I am screwed. I typically download on my other apps that are linked to watch while traveling so I know it will be there when I want to watch

elizak7
5/8/17

BEWARE!!!!! I WAS OFFERED A DISCOUNT WHICH I DIDN'T RECEIVE. I ASKED FOR IT. AFTER 6 WEEKS OF NO ANSWER, I DISPUTED THE CHARGE WITH MY BANK AND FOR THAT VUDU SUSPENDED MY ACCOUNT. I NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS TO MY 200+ MOVIES (I PAID VUDU $5 TO CONVERT OR BOUGHT NEW MOVIES - $200 OVER LAST 2 YEARS).

TO GET ACCESS BACK, I HAVE TO CANCEL THE DISPUTE WITH MY BANK, PROVIDE PROOF TO VUDU AND ONLY THEN DO THEY SAY THEY WILL RESOLVE MY BILLING ISSUE.

I HAVE NO FAITH THAT, AFTER SPENDING HOURS TO DO WHAT THEY ASK, THEY'D REFUND MY MONEY. THEY HAD 6 WEEKS TO DO IT BEFORE AND DID NOT! WHAT KIND OF COMPANY SUSPENDS YOUR ACCOUNT WHEN YOU POINT OUT AN OVERCHARGE INSTEAD OF ADDRESSING YOUR ISSUE? ONE OWNED BY WALMART WITH THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!! I'M USING FLIXSTER TO VIEW, AMAZON AND ITUNE TO BUY MOVIES FROM NOW ON. THEY TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS SO POORLY!!!
Like · Reply · 6 mins

bobp76
4/17/17

T-Mobile offers credit every Tuesday on vudu. But movies integration and viewing sucks and customer service at its worse. Sent them 5 emails didn't hear back. And I called them. Spoke to two different idiots working there and after 54 mins was told no credits would be issued even though this was no fault of mine. T mobile should recall using vudu.

thomasj78
4/15/17

I'm surprised that Vudu has such a low rating average that's why you can't always believe any review before seeing for yourself.
First of all out of the countless apps for streaming movies/TV shows I find Vudu has one of the best picture and sound qualities out of any of them that I've tried hands down. Not only is it HD Vudu has a much better picture with their HDX format that they came up with which in my opinion is as close to Ultra HD or 4K as I've seen that isn't actually 4K ,also they do have the capability of streaming 4K if you have the proper equipment like for instance Xbox One S has 4K and the Vudu app does stream 4k on the Xbox One S. I have a 4K Vizio TV and stream most of my TV watching thru Vizio's Smartcast, which has mostly apps with Chromecast ....amyway with Vudu which I originally started using because any blu-Ray I buy that includes a Digital HD copy can very easily be added to my Vudu account (app) and than I can stream my movies/Shows thru the app via my Samsung S7 EDGE or Xbox One .
I have the proper high speed internet which you need to stream anything in high quality and alot of apps work well this way especially Vudu it looks and sounds great and I never have any problems with it buffering too much or buffering at all.
I highly recommend Vudu personally...its Great!!

jhonh8
4/6/17

It stop all the time when watch a movie. Not happy with it. I'm not going to used it any more. I hope you guys don't waste your time on this app. It truly suck ass

jamess526
4/4/17

I have bought over 30 VUDU movies, 6 have Unreadable codes 2 more have no codes at all. I don't have trouble with first releases, it'seems the bundles, collections,, and "classic" titles presenting the problems with the VUDU stickers.

lisam420
4/3/17

I have been using Vudu for at least five years. I've never had a single problem with audio or video quality. I love the convenience of having purchased movies stored for me in a way that doesn't allow me to lose them or get them scratched. Anyone I allow to watch my movies is unable to lose them or forget to give them back, as well!

One wish--that the price of the rental would be deducted from the purchase price if I decide I love the movie so much I want to own it. I've gambled and bought movies that turn out to be mediocre and rented movies I wish I'd bought.

jayj84
4/1/17

BUYER BEWARE!! VUDU PROMPTS YOU TO USE YOUR WALMART NAME/PASSWORD TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE VUDU SITE . ONCE IN, WALMART GIVES VUDU THE CREDIT CARD INFO YOU HAVE ON FILE. iF YOU CLICK ON ANYTHING IN VUDU YOU OWN IT!! THERE IS NO CHECKOUT JUST A INSTANT CHARGE. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A VOICEMAIL. THESE SCUMBAGS ARE THIEVES! SAME MENTALITY AS ROBOCALLERS

danaj27
3/30/17

Paid 78$ dollars on complete harry potter collection and sound cuts in and out sounds like a crappy bootleg copy simple solution fix the sound distortion with a new copy that doesn't sound bootleg on the last harry potter or refund but the worst part is that there is absolutely no customer service and waiting a week for your money back is crap. Especially because we bought this from you once before and told you the problem months ago and it's still not fixed. Had I of known this I'd have purchased through my Amazon prime account.

vannasilyp
3/28/17

On my itemized bank statement all I can read over and over is vudu.com , called The company to ask about all those charges , rudest Customer service ever , first I was told there were no charges , but I gave them precise dates when I was charged , his only answers was they were authorized transactions and I should check my credit card statement . Worse experience ever , and I mean it .

conniei7
3/26/17

Constant buffering issues
Requirement for a Flash plug-in (after movie played several times, albeit poorly before)
No evidence of improvement or interest in improving despite feedback

All other streaming media site like Netflix & Amazon Prime Video work perfectly on MacBook Air (VUDU blames the player)

Off to submit a Better Business Bureau complaint....

caitlinl13
3/24/17

I normally only use VUDU for redemptions but sometimes there are some great deals on movies I love.

Then they came out with Disc to Digital for PC and offered that if you converted more than 10 of your current movies, you'd get a discount of half off. So I started scanning my movies Thursday night, and when I woke up in the morning I finished another two movies. The discount specifically said it would apply at checkout and not to worry about the full price amount. So I went to check out where it displayed which movies I had selected, and then I went to order and SURPRISE! No discount was applied.

I immediately called them as soon as they opened, and after waiting on hold for 25 minutes (which is astounding because they had just opened), I reached a customer service agent who literally could do nothing for me. And I mean exactly what I just said, this was her actual response to me when I explained the issue. She said that the way their system was set up, there was no way for them to give a discount on a purchase or refund a purchase, REGARDLESS OF THE REASON, because there was no way for them to know that it wasn't already downloaded to the PC. She apologized and said that the half off sale ended midnight (just 7 hours before I made the call), and even though VUDU did not notify me that stuff in my cart was no longer half off, they were not responsible for the error with the discount. I thought this was a joke. I asked if she could just remove my entire disc to digital order and suspend access to those movies because I didn't want them for the full price. Her reply, again, was that there was NO WAY for movies to be refunded or discounted once they were purchased.

I asked if I could dispute the charge with my bank because she was sure she could not do anything for me at all. Her response was this, and this is what should scare any customer away:

If you file a dispute with your bank, and it becomes a chargeback, your VUDU account will be suspended.

I laughed at first and asked if she was serious because I had tons of movies in my collection that were already redeemed or paid for, and she said that she was serious and that my account would be suspended. I asked about what would happen to all the movies I've paid for or redeemed, and she replied "I don't think you'll lose access to them, or you shouldn't anyways". In other words, if I dispute the charge with my bank, I could stand to lose all of my movies.

Don't EVER purchase anything from VUDU unless you're absolutely sure that regardless of what issue arises, you're okay with losing the money you've invested in the movies you have with them.

fedu14
2/26/17

Nothing I purchase or rent plays right. It all buffers like $#*! and I have to restart everything for it to work right and it still doesn't. So frustrating

rossl30
2/26/17

To whom it may concern,

I do not understand where all these negative comments come from. I have used Vudu service without any hitches. My family has watched 3 HD movies from different rooms on apple ipads, LG Tv's and android devices at the same time almost everyday without any issues. Steaming quality top notch from resolution to sound. With over 1600 movies and even more TV shows, I have never been charged twice for a movie. They have refunded me without issue when I bought a directors cut when I already has an unrated version. They have even refunded me for movies I bought that I said we did not like after watching. However, they said they will not refund again as it is not policy to refund for unlike movies. I hope this review helps.

Ross

shellyf19
2/20/17

No help from those son of $#*!es! cant watch 600gb I paid for!
Do not give them a cent! They turned me to torrent and hacking.
My life goal? DESTROY VUDU

tylera26
2/15/17

I have been using VUDU for a while now, I get blu-ray movies and redeem the digital codes, I purchase movies directly from them as well when there is a deal, and I like my UV accounts with them. The service is generally good.

However, their customer service is atrocious. I accidentally made a purchase because I wasn't properly prompted on their website whether or not I wanted to confirm my order. I notified VUDU immediately afterwards, I never touched the movies that were part of the bundle. It was an accident. I called them, it took about 15-20 minutes on hold then I got someone who seemed less than sure of themselves, but confident that I would get a refund. This was February 8th. I never heard back, never got a confirmation number for the call/dispute, etc. I called back on February 14th, again with a long wait, finally got through to someone, they said they would have to look into it, put me on hold for another 10 minutes.

Finally the rep came back on, they did apologize for the very long hold time, and they said that I would hear back sometime in the next 3-4 days, this was on top of the week I have already waited.

I then got a reply email from them today saying I was SOL.

Bottom line, I will continue to use VUDU for my blu-ray digital redemptions, but I will absolutely not be a customer of theirs in any other capacity. The buck stops here.

joem236
2/12/17

Customer service sucks. Tried 2 email addresses, never got a reply from vudu on either.
Called customerservice. Waited on hold 20 minutes.
Don't waste your time

lisaj139
2/4/17

It's a scam! I had the same issue and so have many others according to reviews. The movies don't play they buffer constantly and downloading to vudu to go is nothing but a waste of time and a complete joke. Go with another company.

jamesd291
1/21/17

I have been a customer for a very long time, spent loads of money with them because I realized kids and dvd's do not last very long. I have never had a problem with their service. I have had to contact their customer service once because I accidentally bought something I didn't want and the promptly refunded the money because I did not watch it. Sounds to me some people pay and try to abuse it trying to get free movies and crap and giving a bad post. They allow you to choose 5 friends and share your video collections with them, it's like loaning your DVD out but actually getting it back in great condition and you can still watch it, also the added feature you can rent instead of buy!! I love vudu and will never change.

douglasc37
1/20/17

they have the worst customer servce i have ever seen they will double bill u but when u complain no response who ever is running their customer service should be fired they have know idea what their doing

melissam173
Jane D.
1/18/17

I saw an ad that said watch movies for free! Its only the app thats free! They want your credit card info! For what if its free?

davidg94
1/16/17

Works extremely well most of the time. There are times that using 100+MB Internet that VUDU pauses and freezes. It is rare but most often occurs on purchased seasons 8 & 9 of Big Bang Theory, cannot get past episode 4 or 5 on season 9. I have the DVD, so have not made resolving this a priority.

80 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

27 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the VUDU staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 8/6/16
on 7/29/16
on 7/29/16
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the VUDU staff and other customers.

6 Photos for VUDU