Rogerebert.suntimes reviews

Chicago, Illinois 60654, United States

jeremyg
4/1/10

Those who know me, know I love Roger Ebert. It's not so much that I love his reviews, although I often find them thoughtful and well-written (he was the first movie critic to win a Pulitzer), but I love his perspective. He loves movies, books, life, and humanity in a profound way that resonates with me. So even if I do not always agree with his reviews, I always agree with his sentiment.

I personally find his list of the great films invaluable:
(it contains three of my favorites Ikiru, My Dinner with Andre and Paris, Texas).

I also enjoy reading his blog: http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/
and especially the beautiful piece he wrote about his life after he lost his ability to speak: http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2010/01/nil_by_mouth.html

I can understand why Roger Ebert may not be for you, but he will always be my favorite film critic.

tn1
1,590 helpful votes
7/4/09

Lately I've been checking Roger Ebert's website everytime I watch a new movie. I don't think that he's a particularly brilliant critic, like others do; I just find interesting the way that he can sometimes write like a Pulitzer prize winner and other times like a 7-year-old (or like me) describing a film. He can, at times, offer good insight into films, but I prefer NYTimes and New Yorker reviews (I've also recently discovered for myself David Edelstein from New York magazine).

Questions? Get answers from the Rogerebert.suntimes staff and other customers.

Rogerebert.suntimes?