US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

josephd100
12/8/16

Without a doubt the worst experience of my life with Internet based services. Drivers in NYC either can't follow directions or have difficulty conversing in English. I couldn't find a way to communicate my frustrations with Uber. The phone number posted goes to a fax machine or another digital line. I am a SF Bay Area resident and was shocked at my experience. Moving on to give Lyft a try.

richardb140
12/8/16

I have been driving for Uber for 3 weeks and haven't been paid a cent! They keep telling me 'we have resolved your problem' when they bloody well have not. The keep telling me my bank info is incorrect. I have checked it 12 bloody times. It is perfect. I have sent them screenshots of my bank into and screenshots of it entered into the Uber system. 100% match. Still, the can't pay me. They tell me to go to the local Uber office, which I do. They verify that my banking info is 100% correct. So, they suggest I go to my bank. I do that. The bank verifies that the info I have given Uber is 100% correct and everyone is scratching their heads because they can't understand why Uber can't pay me the hundreds of dollars they owe me. And, all I get from Uber is copied and pasted form responses. $#*! you, Uber.

kathrynj11
12/5/16

Recently, my Uber account was hacked. Suddenly I was driving all over Nigeria (I live in Minnesota). When I tried to address the hack, I discovered 1. Uber has no phone-based customer service, 2. Uber's email customer service is basically useless.

After visiting the Uber office nearest to me, I was given a promise that the charges would be reversed and my account would be cancelled. After 3 days, the charges were reversed, but Uber refused to cancel my account. Now, more charges are being accrued and Uber customer service is again refusing to respond personally to my complaints. Guess I will be making another trip (this will be the 3rd) to the home office closest to me.

Uber does not let you cancel your account- you must go through their customer service representatives. And when you do, they refuse to do it. I will advise every person I know to cancel their account and switch to a different ride service.

kurtb21
12/5/16

I have used Uber pretty much since it was introduced. However, now that Uber tracks your location EVEN if your phone is OFF, i'm out. I will never use Uber again until they change this policy. Deleted it from every device in my family and am passing the word to everyone who will listen to do the same.

If your a driver and want my business, switch to Lyft.
Big brother is watching and his name is Uber

jeffreyo7
12/4/16

My wife had a foot operation and we used Uber in Miami against my wish, but the drivers had no training ie waiting for the passenger to get downstairs from their flat.
We were over charged and Uber promised but we never got the refunds.
The best option is to get a licensed cab where ever you may live, if you go to London ever, Uber cars are more expensive than black cabs in the rush hours and they don't know, even with GARMIN where they are going. PS ; Uber is valued in Billions on the stock market, because they get 15% of the cost of the ride worldwide everyday.

bobh135
12/3/16

I have asked Uber 5 times via email for directions on creating an Uber account. It will not let us do it because it wants a mobile phone number. We are retired and have no need for a mobile phone anymore. I need to use my house phone but it rejects it.
How can I utilize Uber services without having to purchase a mobile phone. It does not make any sense. Can anyone help us?

brianw133
12/1/16

Cut driver fees want them to drive more put more wear and tear on for less ,Won't add a tipping to App . Its not worth it ,stay away people.

anav20
11/30/16

Omg uber is the worse service ever. Expensive and now you have to pool with stranger ..
The driver are rude !!!
Evey week I have to go to doctor appointment to the same address and I have isssue with the driver finding the correct address because his gps show a different point of pick up .the worse part the driver cancel and I get charge for it BS ..soon uber will lose all his customer because the service is just awful.

sarar56
11/25/16

We called an Uber to head to the San Jose airport as we often do. Our first driver showed up and asked us where we were going and we said San Jose airport. Immediately he said he is "going to have to pass" since he wants to get home soon. He didn't want to take us that far. I find this appalling - the airport is a 18 miles, 20 minute ride away. If he didn't want to accept passengers then why did he accept our ride? We wasted 8 minutes Waiting for him for nothing.

We then called another Uber and she came after 5 minutes. She also asked us where we were going and when we told her the airport she said she had to pass because she didn't have proper authorization to make trips to the airport. Needless to say we were pretty pissed at this point but decided third time's a charm.

The third driver was 5 minutes away. We called him right then and there and specifically asked him if the airport as a destination was going to be a problem. He said "I think it's ok". Then a couple minutes later we got a cancellation notice. That is THREE DRIVERS in a row that refused to give us a ride based on our destination. It's not like we were asking to go 100 miles away. SJC is the closest airport to the Fremont area and there was no traffic at this time of day.

We ended up using Lyft and even with a 75% prime time charge, we knew we would get reliable service and a driver that was courteous and would take is to where we needed to go. And that is exactly what happened. Our Lyft got us there swiftly and with no issues or complaining about the destination. Uber, you have LOST this customer. I find this appalling and completely unprofessional. One cancellation I can maybe understand and brush off as a specific driver issue. 3 in a row means there is something systemic going on and that your customer service model is broken. Take care of your drivers so they take care of your customers.

Completely unacceptable and unprofessional. Doesn't seem like there's enough reprimanding for drivers canceling on riders. Use Lyft or alternatives and stay away from Uber.

dawns77
11/21/16

I took an UBER from Pacific Heights to the SF airport and it cost $85.00!!!! That is outrageous! I was not told of the charge, as the driver picked me up at the airport, then stopped at my hotel to get my suitcase and then to the airport. The traffic was bad, but he should have told me it would be $85.00, that is crazy!!

dd170
11/20/16

Just wasted 90 minutes after a 49ers game waiting for Uber drivers which never showed. For major events these folks are absolutely incompetent.

christopherw88
11/15/16

I was run off the road yesterday by a car with the Uber sign in the window. Make sure this guy isn't your ride Licenses number 7JXD538. It happened at Powell st. and 580 at 10:37 in the morning. He then even gave me the finger! The guy in the back seat looked quite nervous.

stephenf41
11/14/16

Uber does not provide live customer support. Email customer support does not work. As a rider, there is no way to contact uber for anything. It's like a dark hole !
From a rider experience point of view, could be much better.

geoffreyd9
11/8/16

calculating in typical expenses of $.55/mile, Profit 0. Then you have to pay your own self employment "taxes." true income -15%!!!!!!
today I kept completely busy for 2 hours. As soon as trip done with one, another came. Rush hour Tuesday 330-530 was the time I actually had my Uber turned on. took 40 minutes to get home. milage was 50 miles. Recall that you cannot choose where you will go to. Gross income from Uber: 26 dollars. So before expenses, 13/hr.

raymondb40
11/8/16

INSTALLS "PLATEPASS' ON AUTOS AND STATES THAT IT WOULD GET DRIVERS THROUGH FASTTRACK AND TOLL BRIDGES ONLY TO RECIEVE VIOLATION TICKETS LATER FOR USING "PLATEPASS". UBER REFUSES TO HAVE RIDERS PAY AND BLAMES DRIVERS FOR USING UBERS "PLATEPASS"

ananyag
11/6/16

You implemented Google SSO in your app but you left it bare on your website? Why? What kind of classless PMs do you employ who bask in the kinks of a broken space-time continuum?

Their taxi service however is unparalleled.

garys177
11/3/16

Have Used Uber several time to go to my daughters house, always charged about $25.00, on October 31, after getting and estimate of $21-$25, I was charged almost $50.00 each way! Double what it cost several times. 20 minute ride each way,no traffic. Can't call,all you can do is email! They keep replying they need more information, keep giving a detail description which was emails lasting almost an hour to write and still nothing! If you live in the Ny/Nj area contact ( Better get Verrcaro) channel 4, maybe they could do a story on this problem!

aprily4
10/29/16

While on a trip tried to use uber without success. There were 5 of us so we needed (according to the website XL or SUV would work) so I selected one in our area and it gave me their phone number. I called to make sure they would be able to accomodate all of us and the driver said no so i ended up calling the local cab company. Wasted time researching and frustration due to the fact i cant remove my credit card information now! Once its entered you can add more however there is no way to remove it and apparently no customer service!?!

tirdadd
10/28/16

Zero customer support

breth12
10/26/16

Same thing asLyft. First ride is supposed to be discounted and it wouldn't work. At least with Lucy you can talk to somebody

angelab75
10/22/16

I have recently been using uber in Panama central America it has turned into a nightmare experience not only with drivers but also with Uber Support personal. one driver charged me 10 dollars for a fare that has been costing me only 3dollars I made a complaint and instead of supporting me they blocked me from something the driver said about me. He was not the person on the profile also and obviously just a friend of the taxi Uber Driver. I found the app malfunctioned so many times that it caused distress to me. The drivers were so rude that they never answered calls or texts. One taxi driver went to wrong place and did not respond to me I waited for an hour for an arrival but he never turned up. The Uber Support personal are also rude and don't listen to your complaint properly I was actually blocked from using uber because of a driver telling lies about me. I have never been treated so awfully by a taxi service in my entire life.

arianb
10/12/16

I have been charged multiple times now for rides I have not taken. And every time I try to resolve the issue I'm never able to get a hold of anybody and nobody contacts me back. It is more of a scam then a service

cheryll52
10/10/16

too many issues signing up - had to email someone twice because no clear understanding of issue. then after I got that fixed, ran into another problem - says use the app if you have problems completing information on this web page. had the app before but it didn't function properly. yuck.

kimberlym104
10/8/16

Cincinnati Uber was horrrble. I don't ever want to Ubet in Cincinnati

paulg151
10/8/16

Now ive got you!!!! Recently I was billed £27 for a £14 quote and you told me I agreed to the price surge even though I was sure I didn't! Tonight I booked a cab in Manchester with a £12-14 quote and he was 8 minutes away, when he was 2 minutes away the quite suddenly became subject to a x 1.7 surge price and had I not seen it and got in the cab I would have been charged accordingly! There is NO WAY this is legal altering a quote last minute as you did last time to tell me I was wrong! I have 2 witnesses before you dare argue!! This is a con it will be posted on Facebook and I WILL be contacting trading standards! If a price surge is in effect it has to be applied at the time of booking not surreptitiously afterwards!!!!! Disgusting practice!

366 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

78 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Uber staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question