Review of Uber

Tel: +1.8772238023
domains@uber.com

peters336
7/20/17

UBER has absolute terrible customer service. Someone hacked my account but fortunately can't charge my credit card. Afterwards, I can't activate my account. After numerous emails with help.uber with numerous useless advices like resetting password numerous time... it is still a NO. After 10 days, my account still does not work and the only way to contact them is via the help.uber service site. The response turn around time is 24 hours. The worst thing is that the responses are robotic and really do not try to solve your problem. I will starting using other car service. Uber should be punished for offering such poor service.

sheilas74
7/20/17

I was so upset to see the prices have sky rocketed. I went the first time to National Airport and it was under $30. This last time it was about $36 going to and $55 coming home. I couldn't believe it was so terrible. I liked the drivers and it is not their fault but I can park in a hotel garage for $10 a day and take the shuttle over. I won't use Uber again, unless it is an extreme emergency. Greed is an ugly thing. The drivers aren't benefiting from the rate hikes................ Boo for UBER

howards63
7/19/17

Constant problems in Manhattan. I get msg - that 'driver arriving now' and then nothing. And they then have the audacity to charge a cancellation fee. I am deleting this app from my phone. There has got to be a better service than Uber

seanh79
7/16/17

Can't for the life of me why this man was driving so wreckless. License plate wml 7582 va. Must have been drunk. With uber stickers in the window like he worked for them. Drunk. I don't think uber would like being represented by this sicko.. teenagers drive better.

barryp30
7/14/17

I booked a ride the night before for 5:30am . The driver called at 5:30am and asked me to get another driver, "You are too far away". There was no other driver so I missed my airport bus and had to take Uber to the airport 30 minutes later. Cost me an extra $45 which Uber refused to pay.
This is my first disappoint with Uber.

toml144
7/9/17

I just spent 45 minutes of my life trying to simply update password and my 'Home' information on the Uber phone App. What an absolute joke.

I was in a hurry to get somewhere and made the huge mistake of trying to give this company another chance... all they managed to do was to waste my time.

Save time, money and frustration... use Fasten, Lyft or anybody else. This company just needs to close!

annas226
7/7/17

Uber is like a dream come true! yes nice and comfortable ride which picks you right from your house no need to go to the main road to catch a taxi! thumbs up to uber !

mohamedk12
7/6/17

Uber is $#*! and crooked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wallacet8
7/4/17

called for uber to take us to union station from American university section of DC. initial proposed charge was for $21 then just before pick up got message surge pricing in effect. without proposed charge. agreed since too late to reschedule with other company. pick up was at 9:47 am and there was little traffic. Charge was $55.82. Fee for larger vehicle to accommodate handicap from Regan airport on return was $34 without tip. A longer trip. Contacted uber which was difficult and no remorse whatsoever. Will never use uber again as no trtust factor at all. Car was mediocre at best. not a accompany to be trusted under any circumstances.

pk61
7/3/17

I cannot access my uber account. Give the suggestion... Problem is mobile is already existing it shows. It's made me angry...and there is no solution in your web page

garyd101
7/2/17

I have never used UBER and never will after reading reviews and stories on the news. If enough people stop using them they will be forced to fix the problem or go out of business.

dhrubam
7/2/17

I booked uber but those drivers told that we are very far we won't come to pick you.up...they suggested me to cancel it and book it again...again the next driver told me the same... I will be simply charged due to cancellation...
The company should check this... worst experience as I was in hurry...

ts241
7/2/17

I had just arrived from the airport for my trip and was super excited to begin my vacation. However, my friend and I called for an Uber...which I highly regret now...that totally switched my happy mood into pure frustration and put me into the worst mood possible...

My friend had took my phone to call for an Uber. The Uber driver was very poor at communicating his destination. After waiting around for a bit, we told him we were at the gate that he told us to be waiting for him after running there in a hurry. He was very short and rude in the manner in which he communicated. Once I told him we were in arrivals, he told us that he said to be departures and cancelled the ride, and Uber had to audacity to charge me for NO service!

In the normal world, when people arrive at a destination from a flight, they get picked up in "arrivals". I tried to contact Uber, but apparently they do not have a real phone line to call customer support. Trying to get my money back was such a pain and ruined the whole start of my trip. All I wanted was my money back, and I probably would have been fine and a little irritated about the experience but probably would of still continued to use Uber if they had simply refunded me....However, they would only give me "Uber credit" to use on my next trip and still charged my card. I told them to remove the charge from my card, but they said that was "against their policy".

I have talked with a few others that have similar situations happen to them, and they were able to get full refunds for their charged cancellation...but I don't know why refunding my card in particular was against their policy. Seems as if the company picks and chooses who they want to refund...which wouldn't qualify as a "policy".

I guess they would prefer to lose a customer to a competitor than refund a simple $5 cancellation. That simple $5 costs them close to $200 in lost revenue just for that weekend with all of us using Lyft and other transportation services instead. My first Lyft ride was really great, the driver had even given us complimentary waters and protein bars and his car seats were actually cool massage chairs!

Back to the point, Uber is not a good company...there are sooo many things that are wrong with them aside from stealing money from customers. They prefer employees that are greedy and will do anything at all costs to get ahead. I'm not just referring to the drivers (some have which have been nice to me on other occasions), I'm referring to the corporate dogs that devalue everyone around them. Here is a link to an article if you would like to learn more about the toxicity of the Uber culture...

michaelm604
7/1/17

I was on business in San Jose, CA this past week and used Uber for all my transportation. It was a wonderful and fulfilling experience. Very professional and clean with friendly helpful drivers. I will use this service again on future business trips.

jom115
6/30/17

I had a wonderful driver in Chicago. Hyder was gracious, thoughtful, friendly and he went out of his way to make my ride enjoyable.

rakeshk20
6/30/17

I have been recently using uber cab in Prahalad nagar Ahmadabad. i have received bill amount through massage from uber cab service. The actual billing amount is Rs.49. but drivers did not agree to this amount is ok. he is taken Rs.104 from me. also driver was very rude and tourchable . i don't book uber taxi service in my entire life.

So look into this and short out this issue on urgent basis.

constanzab
6/25/17
• Updated review

Uber/Lyft drivers need to know all the facts about doing this work. Hardly anyone is making money. Uber is preying on

“Uber preying on uninformed, naive drivers.”
6/12/17
• Previous review

The little money Uber/Left pay per ride doesn't compensate for all the related expenses. Almost no Uber driver knows that the official cost of driving a mile is $0.54. When you do the math by calculating all the related expenses for all the miles they drive, drivers are often losing money. Just borrowing from their car. Many still tell you they make money because they are very uninformed and are losing money while doing a very dangerous unhealthy work. Any job is better than this. It would be interesting to bring an accountant into the conversation.

“Totally ripping off drivers. It's only good for riders”
3/10/16
• Previous review

Please everybody do the math! The little money drivers are making after driving for hours, often through dangerous areas late at night, goes towards the car's maintenance and depretation. The official cost of driving a mile is $0.54. If you drive 10 miles for Ubet you get about $6 and the cost for you is $5.40. You are not even making minimum wage. Drivers are destroying their cars, and getting very little in return, so that riders can have cheap convenient rides and Ubet can make money.

michalz1
6/25/17

The driver took ages to approach the location, didn't show up, cancelled my trip.. and then Uber charged me a cancellation fee. They wouldn't refund the wrongly charged cancellation fee back to my credit card. They rather hold it ransom instead, on my "Uber account", as if I was expected to use their miserable service ever again. They are a bunch of unethical morons.

johnc764
6/24/17

I requested 4 different ubers and every uber canceled on me. Uber is a joke. If you were smart you would use lift.

janisl7
6/20/17

Poor driving and texting / address look up while driving and getting into accidents with no care for others

aimeeh12
6/10/17

Used twice, over charged twice. I have used Uber twice. Both times going incoming, I was overcharged from what they stated the charge would be. And trying to get it straightened out, so called customer service kept sending me a form letters that had nothing to do with my complaint. In my opinion Uber is a scam. Yes you can get where you're going but they charge you at least 20% more then they state their charging. One time, they charge me three times what they stated they would be charging. It took in excess of 75 emails from me to get that straightened out. Don't waste your money, don't waste your time. Uber stinks

ts232
6/9/17

I use Uber in China, Australia, India and UK and have found them to be reasonable up until now. I took an Uber in Brisbane recently and the driver was terrible. My female companion complained to the driver about his erratic unsafe driving in general, his ignoring of the navigator, ignoring of directions. Uber driver, knowing he would get a one star rating, then complained about us both making 'racist' remarks. I have no idea of what nationality the driver was, it was not even on my radar. My companion sits on University Boards and other Government agencies and is listed in top women business leaders, I also am on similar boards, travel extensively through Asia, Europe and India, we both have no racist comments to make, but we are immediately, according to Uber, guilty. Uber suspends account without discussion with me and then after only sending condescending patronizing emails 'about their community' as they are now also the new warrior and standard setter of community political correctness and protector of multiculturalism, supposedly 'unblocks' my account but it will not work. Despite trying several times to contact them to resolve, emails are answered, one of our team will be in touch, still waiting. Uber's arrogance knows no bounds, they answer to no one but themselves, they are not only condescending in their attitude, they make public claims which they do not back up. As they have to answer to know one except their own falsely manufactured 'community' which standards are set by a mutli-national based on profits, not moral or a code of conduct that has checks and balances denying a process for right of reasonable reply nor natural justice to their passengers. Their complaint service is purposefully designed to avoid human contact so they can make their morally one sided incoherent biased judgement in complete isolation and then make unfounded derogatory unable to be replied to judgments that if I knew who it was I would complain to the HRC. As they have no responsibility to local authority nor reasonable codes of contact and conduct, do not expect a fair go from Uber and do your best to out them as a self serving corporate usurer of community standards for their own profit motive while making false claims against real people of high standing in real communities, expose them for the hypocrites they are.
Similar opinion? Write a review!

rons127
6/6/17

Recently use UBER to and from NY La Guardia Airport from my home in Riverdale, NY. The fare was $17.00 higher on the return trip than going to the airport. When I complained to UBEr, I was told that 'surge pricing" applied to my return trip. Surge pricing is in effect during periods of high demand, high or heavy traffic,or bad weather. None of these conditions applied. In fact, we asked the driver upon pick up if it was particularly busy, and he confirmed clearly, it was not; in fact he said it was extremely LIGHT. There was absolutely no traffic on the trip from the airport to my home. Conversely, on the trip TO the airport three days earlier, when my fare was $17.00 LOWER, the driver said traffic was extremely heavy and she took an alternate route to save time.
I firmly belive UBER also uses their "SURGE PRICING" as a means to increase revenue during normally quiet times, forcing customers to pay higher fares in order to make up for fewer rides requested. I find this very disturbing and unethical. Finally, in UBER's response to my complaint, I was told that the fare was displayed before I accepted the ride. And while this is true, I needed a ride home and price gouging is improper and unethical in any situation. I am looking into other ride APPS, and will avoid UBER in the future.

mannyc6
5/28/17

DO not drive for uber eats as this company has no value for any of it so called Partners. YOu will end up paying uber to drive for them and no profits. in addition you will be stress out because they also want to rate you for a rating system that you have no control over. I started driving for uber because i was recently laid off and needed some income. Like many before me i, fell prey to their deceiving craiglist advertising that tell you that you could make up to 30 dollars and hour and that it was a fun no boss way to make money. DIN"T even come close to making minimum wage and in addition at the end of the year when i file taxes was told that i owed 1500. dollars. for taxes. SO after taxes, oil change, Gasoline, tires, and i ended up with nothing. I also tried their UBer eats was far more worse. I was waiting for over two hours to get a precious beep and after getting beep went up four set of stairs and customers don't even give you any tip. delivery fee was only 2.30 cents so after two hours. THis is what i made. In addition i did twenty hours for uber eats and made after gasoline 100. dollars far less than the minimum wage. DO NOT GET Deceived by their false adds to be your own boss and make as much. They control everything, from rating, to how many beeps, you get to tipping option which they still haven't added to their app. DO YOUSELVES a favor stay away from UBER EATS.

lindah283
5/26/17

Most of my Uber experiences have been good except....driver cancels and then there is a price surge. Yesterday I was quoted 23 dollars and then the driver took his own crazy route and the bill is 38 dollars. I also got ripped off when a driver went the wrong way. Is this normal?

366 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

I strongly believe that if anyone makes $20/Hour driving for uber, everybody will come out from the offices I work for them. If you make minimum wage while you are driving for them you are lucky.

By Samir a. on 4/3/16
Helpful answer

Lmfao Women your crazy. And probably a feminst. And that's sexist women only driving women only being picked up.

By julian k. on 11/13/15
Helpful answer

Uber are thieves steer clear of their company at all costs!!! Read more reviews they have screwed over hundreds of people!!!! Does this help???

By joe t. on 10/29/15
Helpful answer

Ouch! They are thieves- I would call or cancel the credit card. Here in Florida they been raping, robbing, and assaulting customers!! Uber sucks and is bad news- at least they got banned here in Broward County Florida where I live!!

By joe t. on 8/31/15
Helpful answer

Dont use uber, use a taxi its cheaper and safer

By Matthew G. on 10/14/15
Helpful answer

Not a scam, but Lyft pays up to $ 500 for the same referral, so if you have Lyft, make sure you sign up for Uber and Lyft at same time so that your completed trips will earn you the driving bonus at the same time.

By Timbo J. on 12/2/15
Helpful answer

When I drove for them I didn't have one but if a customer had one I would use it

By julio g. on 11/5/15

Direct deposit every thursday

By Mark L. on 10/2/15
Helpful answer

Once you are in their system and they have your credit card, it is difficult to remedy the situation; their site has no address, no email, no phone, you are at the mercy of scammers. They are overwhelmed by business and have no customer service.

By Roo Z. on 5/20/15
Helpful answer

I have painfully discovered another Uber fraud, which surprises me a great deal. You can Take a trip on Uber with the pickup and destination defined, and in our case this trip is frequently taken iwith Uber in about 25 minutes and $25. But, if the driver doesn't show the trip completed, the continued time and travel (possibly for Lyft?) just stacks up, In total they put $479 on my card for over 20 hours and 50 miles. Our bad for not catching the charge until the credit card bill arrived. I went right to Uber, but in a series of emails questioning why the account is in my girlfriends name and the card in my name, they created all all sorts of complexities asking question after question in multiple emails rather than issue a credit. I had to turn it over to my credit card company.

By Val S. on 1/26/16
Questions? Get answers from the Uber staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Uber