Review of Uber

Tel: +1.8772238023
domains@uber.com

betha332
11/21/17

All I can say is if you enjoy being yelled at, sword at, insulted, threatened, having advances made at you, spending 20 min to make 5 min trip because the driver has zero navigational skills, have to rebook your trip several times because drivers keep cancelling, being over charged and double charged then Uber is the ride company for you. I would rather freeze walking to work in -30C weather than get into another Uber.

johns1998
11/11/17

I like the convenience of Uber, and have been a loyal customer for a long time. HOWEVER, when TWO of their drivers cancel on me within minutes, and then the PRICE GOES UP for the next one... I'm not a happy camper. I used to refer all of my friends to this service, especially the ones using Lyft.... Not any longer. $#*! this service, their drivers that were disrespectful on the phone with me... My business and my friends' business will go elsewhere. Thanks Uber, for your killings, lack of customer service, entitlement and garbage program. Byyyyyeeeeeeeeeeee.

annaa110
11/10/17

UBER treats their drivers with disrespect and essentially scams drivers into investing more time and money than the company pays. Much better driving companies out there

sylvian10
11/9/17

Iam really disappointed with uber charges!! For the last 2 months have been calling uber in different routes but unfortunately when I agree with charges uber declares for a journey in the end I get a higher charge of $3-$5 without any explanation!! Only todays trip where I had limited funds on the account my charges had no issue!!! This is cheating!!!

janet1739
11/8/17

In fact, lately I haven't used any other service because Uber is just so effective and affordable, especially when going out socially, because drinking and driving is not an option.

sachinj4
11/4/17

Uber is a big fraud.. They charged me with double money.. My money was cut from pytm also and my driver also asked for the money.. For the same there was no positive response from the uber customer care ...dont try it... It is a big cheater..

annem219
10/31/17

I was a pretty loyal Uber customer until my last trip. I open the app and the only three options are 1) wheel chair accessible, 2) uber cab and 3) Spanish. 1) I 100% feel for all handicapped and accept that there are options for them. I think it's great. Should it be the first option? No. Should there be a setting on the app that says the car needs to be handicapped accessible? Yes. 2) Why on earth would I call a taxi when I'm particularly calling uber to AVOID taxis????? The cost of uber cab makes absolutely zero point in calling an uber. It's more expensive! 3) Why in the $#*! do we have a Spanish option when we are in an English speaking country? There wasn't an English option when I was in Croatia using Uber recently. Nor did I expect it. $#*! UBER I WILL NEVER USE IT AGAIN.

supriyar1
10/28/17

Uber is frud , uber driver charged double amount from me on 20/10/2017. I was traveling from Thane to vikroli. I checked amount was Rs 176. After dropping me he charged Rs. 470. About this problem I discussed through sms but no positive response from customer care. They are not even return my money. Driver create show on the road so I paid money. But customer care people are also frud people. They don't want to resolve the Issue
My suggestion is don't go With uber. They don't even have contact number. They are cheaper and cheater

victorl59
10/23/17

I received e-mails from Uber asking me why I do not take Uber anymore. There is no way to reply to - they only SEND emails, they DO NOT ACCEPT e-mails.

1. AUTOMATED customer service is the biggest problem of Uber. That is the first reason for which I stopped taking Uber. I tried to call Uber when in need. I found with difficulty a number on the web. I called it and a stupid message said: "Don't bother leaving a message, there are 20,000 messages in this mailbox". Whoever left that message was a major $#*!, Probably Travis Kalanick or one of those $#*!y bastards that Uber has plenty of.

2. Uber VERY POOR customer service has cost me $ 650. In May 2016 I forgot my new iPhone ($650) in the Uber and there was NO WAY to retrieve it - there is NO Uber phone customer service where one can talk to a live person and explain the problem.

That's a big flaw. I called Uber automated customer service from a hotel and never received an answer. I e-mailed multiple times, I left feedback over the Uber website. I received a response only TWO DAYS afterwards. Of course, TWO DAYS afterwards my iPhone was long gone. That is why Uber poor customer service has cost me $ 650. Uber has not offered me any compensation for that - and THE SAME THING can happen again.

3. The cars are often dirty. I initially switched from taxis to Uber because I cannot stand taxis that are dirty and smell of food because the driver eats in there. However over time the Uber has started being just as bad. There is no quality control of car. I have had dirty Uber cars, or banged up Uber cars or drivers that couldn't follow a GPS and took much longer than they should have. The dirtiness is by far the biggest problems.
In contrast, Lyft has CLEAN cars. It enforces cleanliness.

4. I do not care about the negative press that Uber has had. However, I do care very much about:
- the car being CLEAN, with NO FOOD SMELL
- the driver that knows how to drive and follow a GPS.
- your having an ACTUAL customer service. It is impossible to e-mail Uer - though uber DOES send email to you.

Until Uber solves these problems, I will no longer take Uber cars. I will go to Lyft and other competitors, every time.

kyles101
10/22/17

This guy is the worst Uber driver I have ever met he doesn't even show up when asked to be picked up do not let him drive you anywhere

barbaras253
10/12/17

If you are in the Philadelphia area and your uber driver is Daemon, cancel it real quick. When she picked me up she was at the wrong address so I had to literally walk a 1/2 block to her car and when she called me to ask where I was at, she was rude, even though she was at the wrong house!

Her car smelled very bad (musty and dirty clothes) and it was dirty! She had water bottles on the floor and crumbs on her seats. I couldn't even dust them off because of the kind of seats she had. So I sat in crumbs the entire ride to work.

When it was time to drop me off, she was at the wrong location once again and I had to get out and walk a block to my building. She is by far the worst uber driver and I have had some bad drivers but she is flat out terrible.

mathelj
10/11/17

I was late for my work and appointment because driver's cancelled it for no reason, my place is easy to find so I wondered why they kept cancelling my trip. I had cancelled many times...it's not funny anymore " Uber" . I am almost done with you "uber". This company Sucks! I've been nice to all your drivers even if sometimes some of the uber driver's stinks I was still polite towards him. Now I download Lyft and will try it. Thank-you Uber!!!

richardc277
10/9/17

I've drove Uber for several months last year. I haven't drove for them since I found a good paying job but as of now could use the extra money for holidays. I've been trying to log back into my active account but had no luck retrieving a varification code since I no longer have the same phone/number. I've tried numerous times to contact them about this but with no luck. Every message I send are returned saying I cant reply to that email. & when I go to the website for Uber help I stil get no results back.

patc111
10/6/17

Uber accepted a prebooking for a 5 a.m. pick up to the airport with a quote of $32 base price plus taxes. An e mail stating that surge pricing was in effect was sent just as the driver arrived. We were already in the street. There was no time to cancel and book a limo so we got in. As a result, our fare was augmented to $126. I complained and they reduced it to $114. I am still fighting for a fair settlement . Today I took a cab.

jagadeeshb
10/6/17

Worst experience of contacting Uber customer care. I left a sunglass and called within minutes of dropping, however they failed to connect the driver immediately and later sends an email saying they didnot find anything. This is ridiculous and highly unethical.

anthonyt81
10/5/17

I do not recommend this business to anyone. This company is fraudulent and withdrew without my permission 455.39 from my checking account. If you have kids and bills don't use the uber app or service. I use my card online often and this has never happened to me before I rate this company a big fat zero.

ivanb64
10/1/17

I have been a loyal user of Uber and it has always been my go-to means of getting from point A-B. But today, I've officially withdrawn and deleted their app. Heres why:
Two nights ago, I've ordered a cab for my girlfriend to get home after a huge argument around the time of 3 a.m. Keep in mind her phone died at the time. Her destination was from Manhattan to Brooklyn. The next day, she had told me she was dissatisfied with a pool customer who gave her an attitude and told my girlfriend to "shut up" after talking to the driver named Raja. She was tremendously upset to begin with and it caused her to get off the car a few blocks later, which took her to the 1 train. We are super easy going people and we have discovered the driver Raja, has NEVER ended the trip at the time she was dropped off- which was only 5 blocks later and had fully taken advantaged of the circumstances and drove an empty passenge car to her destination in Brooklyn. I did not fully realize this until it was too late - so I had rated him 5 stars before I got the chance to report him. Again we were in an argument so we didn't not talk until a day later.
First of all she and I were not drunk at all. And I have reached out to uber and they have refused to refund me for the amount of $27. Although the money is not the issue but the dishonest driver. I will be going to Lyft from now on. I do not regret my decision.
Also I notified uber and told them the details and these illiterate workers reviewing my complaint do not even respond to the problem but are confusing that I want a refund because the fare amount itself is wrong. I regret to say that Uber hires lousy drivers that take advantage of customers at 3am. and if they had looked into my transaction profile, I already spend quite a lot for cabs, theres no reason for me to go beyond for 27$ unless it was the truth

chriss618
9/30/17

I have had several instances recently where I go to order and Uber tells me it's 2-3 minutes and then I confirm the order and it's 8-10 minutes (tech glitches). I have also had drivers who can't speak English and I must tell them where to go despite them having their map app on their phone available to them. Incompetent drivers and failing technology are not ingredients for a good user experience. When notified of their failings, Uber curtly replies that they work hard to provide the best user experience. Really, that's your best?

samanthas132
9/26/17

My husband signed up for Uber online and schedule a pick up time to get the car,which was at 5:00pm at the office (location 04644)1398bryantstreet94102. we arrived 30 minutes before the scheduled time.

People have been here since 11am and were exhausted. So we thought being as they closed at 5:00pm,we probably wouldnt have to be here as long.

It's now after 6pm and I had the time to write this review. Not only are we waiting for the longest, but every time we asked questions regarding the cars,no one seems to know what's going on. One of the workers said he's already off the clock and that he couldn't help. We further asked to speak with the manager and she was more unprofessional!!! She literally got pissed at one of the customers then claim "she's doing us a favor". I couldn't help but to let her know how unprofessional and very out of order she is...but she continued and even got mad at me also and shouting in her native language.

DON'T COME HERE!!!

daveg89
9/26/17

I used Uber 6 times and twice They cancelled my order and charged me a $5 cancellation fee both times but it was Uber who cancelled, not me. There is no customer service so they just pocket the money. $10 is all they will ever steal from me.

stevev42
9/25/17

I will and always have admitted, it's not about loyalty but business. I supported uber in the past because they were getting the job done better than the cab companies. And in a sense they are still more efficient than the dying breed of the cab industry. However there are and will continue to be more rideshare business. Look what Napster did to the music industry and look where Napster is now?

Uber has gone down hill for me as this whole rating thing has gotten out of hand. I am on time for my driver, respectful (treating them the way I want to be treated), and despite not liking the tipping I still do it. I don't like the rating as it's pointless. If I give the driver a bad rating legitimately they will and have rated me poorly. Anything less than a 5/5 for a driver is "wrong". So the passenger gets bullied into giving them a perfect score. Then there is this tipping which I have been in the service industry and support it but UBER was all about the no tipping and now if you don't tip enough or worse on time, the driver rates you poorly. Personally, I don't care if a drive likes me or not but when my rating can impact me getting a ride, this is where the problem is.

Some examples I dealt with is I had a driver in Montreal who didn't speak English and I did the best I could to communicate in French and so my rating goes down. In Phoenix, my driver was soliciting his private driver business and when I couldn't use his same thing. And most recently in Seattle one driver was so depressing talking about how she has no friends and that she doesn't know Seattle well. I had to end up using my own gps using international Data and yet now I get a bad review. I was scared to give this lady a 4/5 yet alone worse. And I have gained other example.

I have supported UBER coming to Calgary and Edmonton, even when they were booted out temporarily. Now that I live near Vancouver, I was supporting them coming there as well. Now, I'm starting to change my mind.

My point is now I'm considering going with other options including the awkward hailing of a cab! Regardless, ride sharing will continue to grow, the question is, will UBER be a part of this or eventually not exist like Napster, being just another company that started a trend?

FYI they make it hard for you to contact them with complaints unless you say you were in an accident.

margaretw91
9/23/17

My son booked me an Uber to take me to the station to catch a train to the airport. When I got in the driver started going at about one mile an hour and drove up loads of little side roads, going round in circles in completely the wrong direction and wasting a good 15 minutes. When I told him I had a train and flight to catch he suddenly said he was looking for other customers because it was a shared ride. I rang my son who said it definitely wasn't shared and to tell the driver to get a move on. He refused to. I asked could he then change it to unshared and charge the extra and he said no. I asked him to call his superior and he said there was nobody there to call. I explained that if I missed the one train an hour I'd miss my flight and there wasn't another one for seven days. Effectively I'd lose my whole holiday. He shrugged and carried on at one mile an hour. There was nothing I could do and even if I'd got out of his car he'd taken me down such quiet roads there was no chance of finding another cab. This was 3am in the morning and eventually after much screaming on my part he gave up looking for sharers - but I made it to the station with two minutes to spare and had to to try and run up numerous platform steps with two pieces of heavy luggage. I will never forget the experience and will never ever use them again.

robertj242
9/18/17

Warning uber is a scam and there is no customer service and there drivers are drunks and drug addicts and sexual harassment

bradym35
9/16/17

First of all you can't talk to anyone at Uber because they do not have phone support. After I finally found the online support team I asked why I was getting charged a monthly fee. I never opened an account with them. They did not know and continued to charge me even after I told them to stop. Instead my monthly bill got higher. They asked me to prove they were billing me by sending them screen snapshots and the last four of my credit card. Can you believe that? I had to prove to them that this was happening. So I did and then they asked me to give them the first 6 numbers on my credit card. Which I did. This company is either very incompetent or corrupt. I will never use their service!

ss161
9/9/17

My granddaughter and I ordered an uber from santa monica beach pier . Three drivers cancelled and I was charged for the third one with them stating that the driver waited over 2 minutes for me. I was at the pickup point long before I ever contacted this driver. He evidently left and charged me with a cancellation fee and I followed the rules. Uber has shown to a very shadowy company from the get go. From now on, I will be a customer of Lyft! I have disputed this with the BBB, no response from uber so now I am making you aware.

366 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I strongly believe that if anyone makes $20/Hour driving for uber, everybody will come out from the offices I work for them. If you make minimum wage while you are driving for them you are lucky.

By Samir a.

Uber are thieves steer clear of their company at all costs!!! Read more reviews they have screwed over hundreds of people!!!! Does this help???

By joe t.

Ouch! They are thieves- I would call or cancel the credit card. Here in Florida they been raping, robbing, and assaulting customers!! Uber sucks and is bad news- at least they got banned here in Broward County Florida where I live!!

By joe t.

Not a scam, but Lyft pays up to $ 500 for the same referral, so if you have Lyft, make sure you sign up for Uber and Lyft at same time so that your completed trips will earn you the driving bonus at the same time.

By Timbo J.

When I drove for them I didn't have one but if a customer had one I would use it

By julio g.

Direct deposit every thursday

By Mark L.

Once you are in their system and they have your credit card, it is difficult to remedy the situation; their site has no address, no email, no phone, you are at the mercy of scammers. They are overwhelmed by business and have no customer service.

By Roo Z.

I have painfully discovered another Uber fraud, which surprises me a great deal. You can Take a trip on Uber with the pickup and destination defined, and in our case this trip is frequently taken iwith Uber in about 25 minutes and $25. But, if the driver doesn't show the trip completed, the continued time and travel (possibly for Lyft?) just stacks up, In total they put $479 on my card for over 20 hours and 50 miles. Our bad for not catching the charge until the credit card bill arrived. I went right to Uber, but in a series of emails questioning why the account is in my girlfriends name and the card in my name, they created all all sorts of complexities asking question after question in multiple emails rather than issue a credit. I had to turn it over to my credit card company.

By Val S.
Questions? Get answers from the Uber staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Uber