Review of Uber

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

barbaraw129
3/28/17

I left my holiday present in the Uber ride and Elaine brought to back to me. Hooray for Uber and Elaine!!!

tomb267
3/25/17

I take the same trip 5 days per week. Over the past month my Uber charge has gone up 26.47%. I filled out their form and they assured me my fare had been calculated accurately.

richardp169
3/25/17

I received a ride that was 13 miles and took less than 30 minutes. My original estimated coast was $27 the initial charge was $25.
24 hours later, I received an email stating the driver adjusted destination and my fee was adjusted to $160. I disputed the charge stating the original destination was correct. I Provided screen shot of google maps and pick up and drop addresses. After multiple emails back and forth, still no luck of Uber correcting the, what I call a, "fraudulent charge". Customer service is less than desirable to say the least. I have been giving the runaround. I have asked for a contact number to speak with someone live but no such luck. I am now forced to dispute the charge with my credit card company and will being filing a complaint with the better business bureau. I understand mistakes happen but failure to correct mistakes is in enexcusable. Uber not only lost a routine customer today but also gained poor advertisement from a dissatisfied customer. I will warn friends and coworkers against using Uber. To many other options.

robno
3/25/17

Horrific experience I waited for an Uber driver for 30 minutes stupid me !!!! He kept saying he be there in 2 to 3 minute he never showed up !!!!Uber had a nerve to charge me for the ride I tried to get in contact with customer service they were nothing but rude

brandyg8
3/20/17

They lie to you, cheat and steal. Do not drive for them. They will not honor what they say or owe you.

kyleh59
3/17/17

I ordered an uber to get to work this morning and after 5 minutes of not moving, the driver called and said if I wanted a ride, I would need to go with him to LAX. That obviously was not an option, so I canceled. I should have insisted that the driver canceled, but lessons learned.

Anyway, I was charged a cancellation fee and immediately complained. Respond #1 fored back immediately from "SC" saying we charged you correctly. I said no you didn't and asked for a refund. Hazel L provided me a credit, which would have been fine if that was the initial response, but since I needed to go through hoops, I demanded a refund back to my credit card. Gretchen C responded that is against policy.

Mind you, I am a 400 dollar/month uber user (I used uber eats at work pretty often) so this absolutely blew my mind. I can say that uber has officially lost a user forever, I hope the company implodes with the recent negative PR storm that has hit them.

Congrats Lyft, eat24, and postmates, you have a new customer!

taylort44
3/16/17

We tried getting an Uber THREE time and they canceled on us each time and waited until the last minute to cancel on us. This is terrible customer service. It's honestly unbelievable. DONT USE UBER.

manasvib
3/15/17

It would be of great help if uber came up with simple terms or explained what is a uber pool while booking a cab.i booked a cab and chose the option of uber pool since that was the first available option while booking a cab.and the picture of the car for this option was a small car while the other options and pictures were of fancy cars.
When the cab arrived I realized it was sharing,initially I found it a little weird but I agreed to get into the car.the sharing drop was at prabhadevi.so I insisted the driver to drop me first since Wadala comes First.the driver agreed to drop me,but later said that the route on his phone was prabhadevi so he has to drop me 2nd.I told him I would like to get down and asked him how much did it cost.He said he will only be able to tell me once my trip ends.which i found ridiculously lame.Only if uber could come up with a better solution to cancel or discontinue the service.I had a bull$#*! experience will never travel uber in India atleast.WORST experience. 1)wasted 1.30mins of my time and will also recommend my family and friends not to take uber atleast in India.

shelleyv5
3/14/17

I was having my 18 yr old son picked up and the driver was texting and driving and I told him not to, cancelled my ride and now my account is disabled. It gets better, Im trying to resolve my issue and they are trying to tell me that the email on file doesnt match the one in their records. I only use the one email so Im not getting any help. So I have moved to Lyft!! Screw Uber!

stevew218
3/12/17

I lost my cell phone in an Uber vehicle on a vacation to Las Vegas. Trying to track down the driver was a 12 day nightmare. Uber's doesn't really have a customer service. They have a few people available on twitter or a Uber lost item report that will eventually get a response. First Uber does not have a lost item link of their website home page or App. They also demand full rude detail, drivers name, date of trip, cost of trip, time of trip and pickup and drop off locations. So if you lost your phone, and don't have access to their app or a computer your screwed. I send various Uber contacts a minimum of 25 messages. Only when I purchased another iPhone and another SIM card from my service provider could I go through the secure process to use my old phone number and get into the app to get the ride detail. So I give them the detail that they could have looked up any time and they basically tell me that the driver has my phone and that I need to contact the driver through the app to get my phone back. Then then scolded me for opening multiple threads containing the sMe issue and sId my case was closed. I complained asking them how they could close my case when I do not have my phone back, they did not reply because they don't care. I went through their " contact the driver" process 7 times over 4 days and no one ever answered. Only on my 8th try did I reach the driver 12 days after it was lost in the car. Uber is an arrogant, rude company that does not care about providing customer service. The have no toll free numbers for customers and their online support is terrible. They tell you that they have sent you several DM's. I said I looked and could not find any Direct Messages from them. That's because the messages are hidden in their app under a help link. How are customers supposed to know that? I now use Lyft and they are awesome and will never ever use Uber again. I want to be very clear, the driver is not the problem, when I was finally able to reach him he was polite and very helpful. This is all Uber's rude unfriendly business model

angelab171
3/12/17

Drivers are allowed to cancel for no reason and the customer is charged a cancellation fee. Is this Ubers new scam?

ericb152
3/10/17

Do you know why their overall rating is only 2+ Stars?
Allow me to clarify:
On Tuesday I called for a car at 10am. Without bothering to confirm my address, the driver came to the wrong place and left, without a call.
Next driver cancelled, too.
My first patient cancelled.
Today, the driver actually CALLED for directions... and cancelled. No message from Uber, so I stood there, on crutches, in the snow, waiting.
Then I couldn't connect to uber, AND THERE IS NO DIRECT TELEPHONE OR COMPLAINT NUMBER.
Finally took a yellow cab.
LYFT RIDE NEXT TIME.
DUMP UBER AND MOVE TO LYFT.
Eric Berger MD

zildab
3/9/17

Uber has been gradually allowing drivers with poor reviews to work fro them. I have had safety issues and even a driver who was clearly under the influence, among other safety issues. When I cancel a ride due to low review scoring by other passengers, they have charged me cancellation fees and refused to refund me the $2. This happened three times in a row where I cancelled those trips within less than 24 hours. Lyft allows me to cancel trips if I do not like the driver's review score and has now configured me to ride with drivers with a 4.6 score or above. I will try Lyft, Cabify, Juno or Via before choosing Uber as I am sure other companies will come into the market and provide much better services to compete with Uber.

brandond48
3/7/17

Overpriced for going small distances, treats employees awful, let's underage children order rides. Find better service they just f$#@ people all day

qaaaaaavv
3/7/17

These bastards wasted so much of my time. Declined me for joining up, then told me to go get the driver accreditation. After getting it they still declined. Kuunts

yaldas
3/7/17

Working 8 hours shift then I decided to do my grocery shopping and get Uber to take me home in a snowy night. When I requested Uber it was giving me another address to go there and wait for Uber on the main road. So when I could do that with having 7 bags of shopping then I would have taken a bus for $4 rather than paying $25 for the Uber.
It happened with me 3 times so I kept cancelling them and calling for capital taxi.
The place where I work is a big mall and I work there and do my grocery from loblaws then always tried to get Uber but didn't work with me for the last 3 times.
So I kept using capital taxi since then I was ur customer used Uber a lot. But not anymore.

jeanl64
3/6/17

AWFUL experience... fro OHare to home in double time! Didn't know that pool gives them the right to drive all other towns! Will not use them against!

fengastinew
3/6/17

I got quoted for $45 and ended up paying $64. The driver purposely drove through a $#*! ton of tolls! Stay away from Uber..esp. from DFW.

melissae49
3/6/17

We booked a taxi from Leeds to Sowerby Bridge on Saturday. Before we got In the taxi we asked how much it would cost and the driver said he didn't know and you should have an email! We did not receive any message to tell us the cost, if we had we would not of got in the taxi, it cost us 90 for what should of been a 32 trip! There were lots of empty uber taxis driving round waiting to pick people up, so the demand was not high, now I can understand d why there was, the inflated price of 2.8 is crazy and no need! I'm shocked disappointed and will not be using uber again, I do not agree with not been told the price before we got in, how can you charge someone without knowing the cost in first place! We had no choice but in to the car as it was late and cold, and we had already ordered it!

rozak1
3/4/17

Have been driving for uber for 3 weeks and they take almost half the fare and call it a booking fees and then another fare fee. They don't charge enough, they encourage people not to tip, they let passengers cancel and don't compensate for drivers time, they don't tell you the final destination until passenger is sitting in the car....I could go on and on. They use drivers to make millions but really could care less about them. Why can a passenger see picture of me but I can't see a picture of them?? So many issues that I'm shocked they are still in business.

terilynh1
3/2/17

Uber is thirsty for money. Even when they know they cannot pick you up within the time stated they make you wait and charge you a cancellation fee if you dare to choose another option. This company is on a downward spiral. Up with Lyft. Down with Uber. How dare you disappoint a customer during Mardi Gras season!

arts44
3/1/17

On a recent ride there were 5 of us jammed into a little Uber car with our suitcases and the ride cost me more than the taxi I took going to the airport. Watch out for extra charges, user fees. The company is very greedy. Just imagine how much the company made off the five of us per hour.

suhad1
3/1/17

Uber tempt you with a cheap fare when you request the ride only to find they charged you double to the same destination and no tolls. Also the driver cancelled the job and they still charged me. When I complained they said they refunded me but it's not true and never received any refund

shaha48
2/27/17

melissar95
2/26/17

Our 15 year old boys hailed an Uber ride late Friday night (February 24, 2017). Well.....let's just say they aided in our boys running away from home. Check out their rules, and it says you need to be 18 to call for a ride, or have parental permission! Umm....not 18, and no permission!!! Good job Uber!!!

366 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

82 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Uber staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question