US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

melissar95
2/26/17

Our 15 year old boys hailed an Uber ride late Friday night (February 24, 2017). Well.....let's just say they aided in our boys running away from home. Check out their rules, and it says you need to be 18 to call for a ride, or have parental permission! Umm....not 18, and no permission!!! Good job Uber!!!

cameronw23
2/26/17

I want to start off by saying I will never use uber again ! First off every time I take a trip I know the rate is a certain price doesn't matter that I go home at a certain time of the day I know it has always been this price I been riding this specific route for some time but today took that same trip & literally price said the same thing & so the price is between 15 to 16 bucks & so literally get in the uber of course & literally was having problems with the app cause there always some problem with there app & got home to my place to look & see that I was charged 37 for my ride when I was charged wrong for like the 4th or 5th time before it has happened they reversed it now they could not reverse it so in short screwed me over & now they are talking about they said I went past my location when I didn't so now I'm letting everyone know do not use uber because they are disrespectful & will not reverse me for money

mitchc19

much better then uber
no surge pricing ever

manasm2
2/24/17

They are not giving there service in Kanpur ... #The 11th Biggest city... Very very poor ....Why is it if they take money out of your account for the Uber rides that they have to take additional money which they say it's an authorization hold but they do not put it back for at least eight days and this is money that I cannot access and another thing if you have an Uber gift card they still want to put monies from the ride from your checking account on hold when it is confirmed that they will get paid by the Uber gift card ...I just Uber Cabs .....

neliswam
2/22/17

I was charged for a trip I didn't take the person took the uber from Bridgeport to Trumbull their system of complaining is awful I keep saying the I did not take the trip was charged wrongful the thing respond back check if your family use your app or whatever I have no family here the driver took a wrong person .
We need a human being in their customers service or u guys do because I deleted that thing I was so pissed I don't have kids yet to be responsible of someone yes it was 13 dollars some changes that's lunch and dinner to me .
It awful.

pc89
2/17/17

We had a flight at SFO and uber never arrived at the time we ask to be picked up. They sent me three different messages they said that they would be 15 minutes then 35 minutes then 45 minutes. We cansal and drove ourselves and miss our flight. I sent sent my complain and they said that the driver was on time. I don't know why they could not see the message that the driver sent and at what time I needed to be picked up. Never gain I will use there service. I will never recommend them.

thomass193
2/16/17

Last nite i got a ride to the hospital.I have a bad leg,i can see hospital from my house.So i thought i would try uber this was my thrid ride i get a cab all the time he picker me up at my house.I guess he was in a bad mood that happens i understand that when we got there he charged me 7.00 my cab costs me 4.00 dollars i was robbed and when i went i was pissed i have been there 20 years and i told myy people you just lost a ton of buss every one was going to try it but not now and how do you know if my ride was 1 that got recorder for my free rides in the future. Not that i will ever use it again.You lost a lot of buss thanks captain tom 443 762 7273

erikad17
2/15/17

I have been driving only two months but done with uber. I noticed how unfair the prices, pay is so I decided to ask passangers to send me via text how much they actually paid (after they got the email with how much their actual fare was) and time and time again what I got paid based on fare was off by $1-4 on each trip! They steal from the drivers! Not only they take their 20% they take more! When you report it on each trip they come back and say oh ok the fare will be adjusted, not only they adjust it wrong but you never see that money, ever. When will that adjustment hit your account? Never! Be aware, you will pay more then 20% take, it's more like 35% most rides because if like the passanger pays $10 in reality they paid like 13-14$!

lf41
2/11/17

Just wrote about the "high" driver going to downtown Nashville. Wanted also to mention the ride back to hotel. The 2nd driver was a young man looked to be around early 20's. The car was very old and although it seemed cleaned out, it smelled horrible. The thick stench of cigarettes literally made me sick. We tried to converse with him and he hardly said two words. He really gave me a "creepy" feeling... like we were in a car with someone with "serious mental issues" (only nice way to put it) . I think I'd feel safer in a regular Taxi any day. I have to say though that I had a really good experience with two drivers I used in Destin, FL. But the two I got in Nashville made me not want to chance Uber ever again.

danielh159
2/10/17

So I rode about a week or two ago and I had a few hour drive . Was already costing me enough and I was disrespected due to being trans and the driver stopped on the way never stopping the meter so I was charged extra . Wrote uber and they said they can't do nothing but say sorry and have an good day . Wrote in over and over and there just like again we can't give you credit or anything have an good day
Useless and an waste of time
Never suggesting them to anyone
Worst company in the world
Wouldn't recommend them to anyone

stano7
2/8/17

Uber driver was late and stopped 50 meters ahead of where he was supposed to be. We wave him down but he doesn't come. We call him, he doesn't talk but hangs up then a couple of seconds later starts moving towards us at 5km/h

I question if he is ok when he arrives as he seems either drunk or sleepy or just completely spaced out. I don't want to risk the lives of myself and my partner and her

5 year old son. Driver gets aggressive and doesn't want to drive us anymore after we waited for him for so long. I tell him not to yell as he is scaring the 5 year old and its at this moment that he cancels the trip and orders us to get out of his car.

The 5 year old boy is getting out of the car with one leg on the ground when the driver decides to accelerate. This fool is playing a game with his 1500kg car and a 20kg child. We yell at him and I put the car in park so that he cant harm anyone. We advised him we will be taking it up with the Police.

Its at this moment, like an infant, this driver begins playing the victim and starts pacing around his car while its in the middle of the road with doors open and hazards on. A tantrum for the adult who realises what he has done is wrong and illegal.

I have contacted uber and am awaiting their call. If I'm not happy I have an active social media presence and will escalate to the proper ombudsmen as well as the police.

I REALLY hope uber do not defend this dangerous and irresponsible individual and resolve this quickly.

Very very disappointed and angry,....

edit: Update - uber customer service (if you can call it that) is abysmal. They are siding with the driver and banning the passenegers account whilst not revealing ANYTHING about their 'investigation' hiding behind their privacy policy. strongly considering posting the pics and videos of the driver and his car online.

Customer service rep was Abhi who didn't provide us with any resolution and in fact just made things much much worse. Please don't pretend to care about dangerous behaviour if you clearly don't...

jaydipv
2/3/17

The service was really quick and professional! I liked it and I will definitely recommend it to my friends!

markb350
1/28/17

While in San Diego I got three charges in Chicago in one evening for Uber. Two of the charges were visa, one PayPal. Uber would not respond to my emails whatsoever. However both visa and PayPal refunded my money. Now how do you suppose my Uber account got hacked?

simal2
1/27/17

Uber is ripping everybidy off. The charge too much for a short distance it is almost safer and faster to get a cab simce they have a stupid map that does not show the driver where should he meet the person who requested tge ride. It happneded to me several times that the driver could not find my location. Everytime the fare came as a surprise to me. Too much!!!! I used to be able to contact the driver to tell them my address and now I can not even do that.

juang73
1/23/17

Trabajar como chofer de uber Es el tipo de exploration mas horrible que se a credo en la ultima decada ya que no cumplen con sus predicaciones donde recomendan que se unan a ellos como trabajadores

adfsafasfghgel
1/19/17

Uber for me is so buggy that I can simply not use it. I can not get my head around how a billion dollar company can not build a working app or website.

Bug (design flaw) 1: you need to request permission through support to use the mobile website as a rider.
Bug 2: right now, the entire help.uber.com website is down. For hours. What?!
Bug 3: once you've been granted "permission" to use the mobile web-interface for rides, there is no way to change your phone number. There's an "edit" button for the phone number on the non-mobile website, but this then tells you to go to the app (which you can't use, that's why you're using the mobile site, durrrr).

Bug 4 (design flaw): once you've signed up with Uber there is no easy online way to delete your Uber account. I've looked into this and you actually need to contact support (the same support who's webpage is completely down right now) and write them an email saying you want your account deleted. Really?! In 2017?

They're a billion dollar company but their website and software is worse than that written by a startup full of 12 year olds in their moms basement. I feel sorry for any talented coders working under Uber's obviously out of control "manage"ment.

vikass13
1/19/17

I have a issue with one of my ride which I was wrongly charged. But Uber is not giving me such option where I can write about this or even ask about it. On 17th of jan., 2017 i booked a uber from besent nagar, Chennai to Hotel leela Palace, mrc nagar. First rate estate was showing approx INR 60 but receipt came of INR 130.
Then i checked and found that driver started the meter from where he got that i request a cab and drop location was also wrong, he stopped the meter somewhere else after droped me at my location.
My email id is tanwarvikas00@gmail.com

victoriab61
1/15/17

I am Active Duty Army. I tried to apply to be a driver for Uber. They will not accept my valid drivers license. My license has an expectation date of 00/00/0000 because under Tennessee law it does not expire until I exit the service. Uber's automated email system kept telling me that it was expired. When I emailed the help line, I got an email back saying this:

"we understand that you had a question about requesting an exception to our requirement for a valid State driver's license. I'm afraid that we are currently unable to allow exceptions to this requirement. We know that Active Duty Service Members may relocate frequently. While many local regulations recognize this, these terms do not necessarily apply beyond personal driving."

There is nothing wrong with my license, I am not asking for an exemption. My license is valid.

On top of that I had to jump through hoops to get my account reset because when I drunkenly set it up the first time I put in the wrong email.

So I am beyond fed up with this company. I'm moving to Lyft!

paragb2
1/15/17

I see there are four cabs near my home still 2x surge !!! Switching to Ola.
If this continues uber will shut down soon.

paragb1
1/9/17

The service and availability is good but they put exorbitant fare almost every day. Practically useless for daily commuters.

tysint
1/8/17

This review is not just about the airport pick up, but in general for people who wish to know how to travel.

The best and only taxi company that I would recommend is Blue Bird, they are great! They always use the meter and the drivers are professional

The other taxi companies (dark blue, purple, grey colour taxis, not the light blue - blue bird taxis) are all rip offs! Be careful, they are scammers and rude 99% of the time.

Ok now onto Uber, it can be great and it can be not so great, I would say 75% of the time it is good, but if you get one of these drivers look out -

Booked a Uber ride at 6.09pm with driver "I Dewa Made Satrya" to pick up from Nikki Beach Club, after waiting at the front of the club for 10 mins it was clear he was not coming as his vehicle which was 1km away was not moving in our direction, but I was surprised when the app changed to being on the journey, a few minutes later it finished but I was charge 15,000 rah (of course you waste time and write to uber the they refund it, but why should loyal passengers need to go through such crap when it is clearly not their fault?)

I then booked Uber again at 6.19pm, the same driver "I Dewa Made Satrya" accepted the booking but this time, he messages me on WhatsApp to tell me unless i pay cash he is not coming, so I try to change the payment method to cash but this is not allowed on the Uber app, so when I tell the driver this he says unless I pay him cash he will not come!! He then asked me to cancel, but luckily it is within the 5 min BS time limit so I am not charged a cancellation fee this time (even though again it is not my fault!)

I advised the driver "I Dewa Made Satrya" that the service is terrible, he told me he does not care and when I said I would report this service to Uber he said "I do not fear", clearly Uber does not care for passenger service and is happy to hire anyone in Bali as a driver, as I would never employee someone with such an attitude, especially when now 18 hours later he just sent me another offence message to my phone "You Emang Top"

Anyway avoid the driver "I Dewa Made Satrya"with phone number +62 821 4407 1347

I then attempted to make another booking, this time it was picked up by driver "Nyoman", this booking was at now 6.29pm, this driver was 8 minutes away and started driving to my location, so I was thinking great finally have a driver, he was within about 3 minutes away and then I noticed he kept going passed the turn off and when I contacted him he said he is not coming, I could see on the app he was like 3 mins away, then 6 mins, 9 min, 12 min and clearly not coming to Nusa Dua but driving to Ulawatu, this driver just ignored all contact from me via message/phone, just keep driving and I guess waiting for me to cancel, which I finally did, clearly another driver that does not care for passenger service

Please avoid "Nyoman" driver and his number is +62 812 3786 5029, he clearly does not care and should not be allowed to drive for Uber.

Ok so finally made another booking with Uber, it is now 6.40pm, the guy turns up, very nice driver, but as I got into the car and sat down my daughter was just getting into the car and the driver starts to drive off, without her being in the car, the door was still open, my daughter then hit the road and was left on the street, this was clearly an accident but careless driving from Uber, I will not write his name, as he was nice, but clearly not careful.

Anyway basically after about 4 bookings, waiting 40 minutes, writing to uber for refund for my 15,000 Rph, we made it home to the villa in seminyak.

Honestly i love Uber, use it all over the world, however, I think in some cities like China (especially Beijing), Bali and Sydney the server now is terrible and the prices are on the increase so a taxi can be about the same!!!! Once uber gets the marketshare they want they increase the prices without warning!

dianav19
1/8/17

Why is it if they take money out of your account for the Uber rides that they have to take additional money which they say it's an authorization hold but they do not put it back for at least eight days and this is money that I cannot access and another thing if you have an Uber gift card they still want to put monies from the ride from your checking account on hold when it is confirmed that they will get paid by the Uber gift card. I have for three weeks been trying to resolve this problem on two separate situations and the customer service is horrible. Isn't it illegal for them to keep a hold on your money even after they get paid for the services of an Uber driver taking you to your destination. And why does it take so long for it to drop off from your checking account they should confirm you have the money then debit your account for the Uber ride and then that's it. I am trying to find out how to issue an official complaint against Uber because of the situation can you please help

brittanys63
1/2/17

My first experience with uber was absolutely horrible. A driver by the name of Wylder picked up myself and a friend and we were under the impression this was a safe, comfortable and convenient way to get to our location. It was not. The car (ford focus) was in horrible shape, the seats were tore up and covered in nasty stains. The vehicle smelled like cigarette smoke so bad I could hardly breath, and the driver was very unprofessional. He didn't use GPS and asked if we minded if he picked up a 3rd passenger on our way, we accepted since there was room, but then Wylder drove around for 30+ min looking for this other potential "client". He finally drove back to the location that he picked us up at and said "I am suppose to be looking for a girl named Brittany"... umm, That would be me! He didn't seem to know what he was doing one bit. I felt very unsafe with his driving ability as he was all over the road and made sharp sudden turns in the wrong direction on several occasions. With this being my first experience with uber, I was very dissatisfied and probably wont be using the services again

keving124
12/31/16

I drive for uber in Orlando. My car is always clean, safe and I received a lot of great feedback from passengers. I driven all over Orlando many times very late at night only for uber to keep all my earning and display that I owe them. I've had to spend for a lot of gas and tolls, new breaks, tires, deep cleaning because of messes made by some passengers and when I ask where are my earnings I get a bs response. It's as if I been doing favors for people driving them around all for nothing. I'm going to find out who I can talk to so I can file suit again uber

annettem42
12/29/16

I love the convenience offered by these cabs. It has taken a while for me to catch on the trend but I'm now using Uber for most of my in town commutes. Highly recommended for every person on the move. Regards

366 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

81 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Uber staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question