Review of Uber

Tel: +1.8772238023
domains@uber.com

robertj242
9/18/17

Warning uber is a scam and there is no customer service and there drivers are drunks and drug addicts and sexual harassment

bradym35
9/16/17

First of all you can't talk to anyone at Uber because they do not have phone support. After I finally found the online support team I asked why I was getting charged a monthly fee. I never opened an account with them. They did not know and continued to charge me even after I told them to stop. Instead my monthly bill got higher. They asked me to prove they were billing me by sending them screen snapshots and the last four of my credit card. Can you believe that? I had to prove to them that this was happening. So I did and then they asked me to give them the first 6 numbers on my credit card. Which I did. This company is either very incompetent or corrupt. I will never use their service!

ss161
9/9/17

My granddaughter and I ordered an uber from santa monica beach pier . Three drivers cancelled and I was charged for the third one with them stating that the driver waited over 2 minutes for me. I was at the pickup point long before I ever contacted this driver. He evidently left and charged me with a cancellation fee and I followed the rules. Uber has shown to a very shadowy company from the get go. From now on, I will be a customer of Lyft! I have disputed this with the BBB, no response from uber so now I am making you aware.

mayw17
9/5/17

Terrible experience with Uber service today. The rider Roger, Chrysler 300, 7LHV109 accepted my ride request but never showed up and ignored my calls and text messages. My App showed he was sitting near a shopping plaza a mile away instead of picking me up. After 35 minutes in the heat, my cell phone died and I had to take a taxi. Terrible service! And Uber charged me money for its driver's failure!

radhikad
8/30/17

I was picked up from my workplace on 30/8/2017 at around 8:56 pm by cab no. TN 07 CE 8554. The trip started on my account but the drivers account was not updated. navigation kept directing the driver to my pick up point. finally after taking a full circle and wasting my time he called up customer service. the executive directed him to cancel my ongoing trip and ask me to book another assuring that the same cab will be assigned. the driver cancelled and when i booked again i was assigned a ride 20 min away. the driver asked me to get off on the street amidst a downpour. when i refused to get off away from my pick up point, while it was raining and demanded to talk to customer service again, the driver called up the office again but refused to let me speak. customer service executive told him to tell me that i am not being charged for the trip so get off. I have never seen such behavior in my life. the moment you undertake the responsibility of a trip, you are taking responsibility for our time, safety and good service delivery and in return take payment from us. you cannot waste our time, compromise our safety and then put us through discomfort and finally say 'ok we won't charge you this time'. looks like uber is no better than a bunch of scoundrels with no work ethics or standards.

johna711
8/29/17

Worst customer service I've ever encountered. Every response is just a copy/paste canned response...they don't even read the actual complain/comment/request. I have to send my issue to them 7-10 times with multiple responses back...that's about 30-40 emails back and forth to get something as simple as a $5 cancelation ride waived because the app froze and I couldn't cancel in time. It's just ridiculous. Glad all the Sr. leaders of the company resigned or were fired. Hopefully it changes the culture, but I doubt it, all the customer service reps are nasty ass offshore peeps that don't care about anything but their "ticket resolution" numbers.

stephaniea74
8/26/17

I just wanted to write and let all of you at Uber that I had the most amazing driver the other day! As soon as I got in the car, he handed me a bowl of delicious treats, I thought that was so sweet! Then he handed me a bottle of water. This may not be a big deal to some, however, it actually made my day! He was so polite, helpful, generous and all around awesome!!! Please please let this driver, Jasur Nazarou # 5756433 know that he is awesome!! He deserves some sort of praise from all of you at Uber! All of your drivers should take notes from this guy! All of your drivers need to be like him!!! WONDEEFUL EXPERIENCE!!!!

Stephanie Angelini @Angelinistephanie. Angelini55@yahoo.com.

davew136
8/25/17

I recently started driving for UBER and you know what everything has been exactly as it was supposed to be. Will there be a hiccup at some point? Probably. But all of you who are saying you got ripped off so many times, first of all I don't believe it has happened as often and as badly as you all claim but if it has happened to you more than 2 times then maybe instead of bit@#$ing about it you should just stop using it. I drive because I need the extra money and most of the problems you may or may not have are caused by the app or the company not the drivers. I am very professional and have not had one issue with a rider or the app as of yet and I depend on the money to support my family so I take it very seriously. Please at the very least don't give drivers bad ratings because your fare was too high or the wait was too long. we get there as fast as we can at least the good drivers. Bad reviews for the drivers when it is the app or the companies rates fault can cause us to be deactivated. I like the extra money I earn and depend on it to do fun things with my family. Rant over.

lesb17
8/25/17

Car went to wrong address. Was filthy. Charged me 3 x the estimate!!!!!! Never again. Crap, crap, crap, crap.

alicem89
8/20/17

Uber not paying the extra money in the lite up area now rip me off 2 times in the glendale area after the cards games tonites owes me about 30 plus more taking more then 25% to trying to keep the college kids happy but dont care about the drivers to most of the rides are short about 262- 300 dallorsfars now taking away the wait till you get the ride then keep the money for themsevles to if you want to make nothing dont do uber thris company needs to be shut down getting like reg cab company only cares about the money you avg 4.00 a ride in the phoenix area now so please use someone else at peak times

bobv23
8/19/17

She continually amazed me with her skill and expertise on the road. She was very kind and courteous and knew every possible avenue of travel. Props to Uber for their fine selection.

audreyg18
8/18/17

I will never understand why the drivers of the self driving UBER CAR in Tempe Arizona. Are not drugged tested, I know a few that would test positive. How could UBER put the risk of peoples, lives at risk. Also open their self up for a huge lawsuit.

breep3
8/13/17

I ordered an Uber to get to an interview in Tempe and I live in Gilbert. I had the same Uber drive to and from the interview... David. On the ride there he charged me the normal amount. Then on the way back he charged me an extra 50$ for an "accident" in the car. There was no accident I was at an interview! I would love to know what I did. They make up accidents so that they can make more money. It is ridiculous. This is one of the worst company's to use. DO NOT USE THEM. Use lyft they are way more trustworthy and will not cheat you and take your money!

megham5
8/12/17

The drivers are rude and refuse to come at the pickup location _ Drivers Name : Kamaljeet PB 01A5756. They have an excuse of getting charged for the parking lot. as well when asked to come at pick location straight away says no. Another person in the que is Baldev with Car number

johnb931
8/9/17

The worst company I have ever been involved with.......I had driven for them for over 6 months.....Had great reviews from my customers.....I even eventually took part in their Xchange leasing program...so they were getting a double bump from me...well after learning that I really could not make enough money paying all my bills with them I had to divest some of my time to get another job....well I ended up going out of the country for 3 weeks on a potential employment trip....so fell behind on some leasing payments...I immedieately tried to communicate my situation with them and see if I could work out something...well because you cannot talke to anyone on the phone until last week...you can see how difficutl it would be to communicate my situation....after finally getting someone to talk to on the phone...they basically told me they could not do anything I needed to talk to Xchange leasing...after months of talking to a "warranty company' which I found out was Xchange leasing in disguise...ran by a bunch of people who are not capable of having discussions about leasing issues...and continually pushing the discussion to a warranty discussion....that lead to why cant these people tell me they are Xchange leasing?...something really weird here....So long story short about 1 week of having my first discussion with an actual discussion human at UBER they come and take my car and to this day I have not had one open honest talk with Xchange leasing.......What an insult!!! Never invest your time in this company because they could care a less about the drivers, the REAL people out there bringing in the money...Oh but you will get a lot of fake pretend recordings on their call phone while you wait for hours before talking with them........I have never felt so insulted....after giving of my time to this excuse of a company...I just get mad thinking about it....and they will keep pretending they care I am sure.....................Bad Company

patrickw79
8/9/17

For all there data, which is impressive, they have no idea or are just plain heartless, that taxis drive 19.1 mph. Which translates to $13.62 per hour. The same # all the other drivers mention. I am giving it up and I work mostly in the Hamptons, NY, where they raise the rate 60-70% to $22.31 per hour. People have no problem paying more ant the Hamptons rate should be the BASE rate. Basically this app sucks. I agree with a previous review that said you make pennies. Consider this, you drive 12 min to pickup, do a 5 min fare, and collect $3.67. BTW, you have no idea where you are going. So now you are 5 min further out of your way. Stay on the N. Fork (LI) and do garbage fares for $13/hr or drive to the S. Fork with nothing? Nobody tips, 8% of people. Sure it's in the app, but I could not find it for my fare in their phone. Sure you work the "Surge" 1.8X, wow, now you make $20 and hour and get a red light ticket/pulled over because you don't know where you are. Not to mention, you never work a surge for an hour because it disappears as you approach, they know you are coming. Therefore to make money, you turn off the app....no you don't make money or work that hour for a surge. BTW there are 1000 ubers around you at all times, watching the ants on the consumer app drives you nuts. Lyft shows you were they are at any location: another form of torture as it confirms your good spot is taken up by 23 Lyfts (which is about 60% of the Uber fleet). 3 Long hauls to NYC for a "Bro price" which not only includes gas, but lunch too: 2:35 hours to make $82, or 1:05 to make $80 when picked up in the Hamptons. I complained about the 82 fare, Uber said it was Kosher: sure I dropped at LaGuardia AND MIDTOWN in rush hour, no worries. Sat night I earned $296 in the Hamptons, minus gas in 10 hours. I KNOW THE HAMPTONS and have driven taxis since '99 part time. This is what a good driver gets for driving 300 miles. Every night I drive is 250-300 miles. 1000's of miles add up. Uber will get you out of a financial jam, and I will use it on MONGO nights: Concerts/Labor day, but it sucks and they have no problem having it suck for the driver, evidenced by the fares. That's all I got...oh yeah, premium/select drivers do 10% premium fares (30% of their profit), but do 90% of the base x fare. So they make....$18 per hour to pay for their Mercedes:) or grind it into dust. XL Fares are few and far in between, unlike gas stations for my Yukon. My car was a Charger 25 mpg+. NO Money in it. As the last fare said, give this up...and wait tables. I did get $210 for the puker in my car from S.Hampton, same care I put my kids in.......delete the app is what I should do.

alfredad1
8/9/17

Uber is a very disrespectful company they let Driver cuss you out treat you like your Nothing threw your thing's out of the car over charged customer Uber doesn't care who's driving the car or who's playing for the ride someone else was using my account information taking trip when I found out I cancel my debit card and Uber got mad and cancel my account because I want my money back Uber doesn't care about anyone they let one of there women passenger get RAPE because one of uber Driver let his friend use the car and he RAPE her Uber tryed hide the RAPE saying it was there FAULT I'm glad Uber cancel my account I don't have to worry about being cuss out or my things threw out the car or worrying about being RAPE Thank you very much Uber

varuna4
8/9/17

It pays lowest wages $14/hr plus you will be using your own car.
Their customer service is sh**.what do you expect from customer service people when company ceo is sh**.reffering to ceo video went viral on youtube.

anonymousg10
8/1/17

By far Uber treats there drivers as if they are convicts on bad review or someone does not like you you will be dismissed. If an incident happens and you try to get information they automatically assume you are guilty. I was recently sexually harrased by one of my customers while driving I noticed Uber of the situation and they brushed if off basically saying it was my fault and I should have not interacted with the customer. The immediately deactivated my account without giving me any notification and then stated I was under investigation I called the company and all I got was the run around someone will get back to me. Then an email stating that my account would be permanently deactivated I was the victim but they want to keep these so called good ratings. They do not care about there drivers at all beware stay away

teresag51
7/31/17

I had good experience with almost 50% of the drivers but some can be very dishonest. I Had to use Uber a lot during the month of May/June 2017 due to and accident that prevented me from driving.
Case #1: The driver charged me 100% more of the initial fare. He reported we were more than 4 riders. Not true. We were just my husband and I. After many claims from my part Uber eventually refunded me.
Case #2: The driver reported that we changed the destination address. Not true. He charged 100% more of the initial fare. Uber never refunded me.
Case #3: The driver charged me 100% more of the initial fare. She reported that I didn't provide the correct destination address. I explained to her that it must have been a system glitch. I was late for the appointment with my doctor because of that. She reported me to Uber as if I made racial discrimination remarks. NOT TRUE. I contacted Uber and demanded a meeting with the driver to clarify that offensive report. Uber never was able to sustain the driver's claim and eventually they opted to ignore my messages. Very disappointing experience.
I might use Uber in the future but I'll be very cautious checking the charges before I leave the car after the service. And I would advice to customers to do the same.

nicolec140
7/30/17

Uber charged me 3 times for a trip I took three weeks ago. Then once I wrote into help which was no help they charged me 6 more times and never replied or re-funded me my money. I had to call my bank and dispute charged and ban Uber from taking out of my account They are thief's and hope they do not last long. I have now downloaded Lyft they seem to have better service

kimp134
7/29/17

Requested a Uber in Las Vegas. Was standing in front of the Uber designated pickup spot for hotel when ordered Uber. Contacted driver after waiting 25 minutes. He said I was at wrong spot hung up on me and cancelled my pickup and charged me. Uber refuses to refund that charge. I've contacted them several times and they send me the exact generic email saying no refund. Horrible customer service will never use Uber again.

marizak1
7/29/17

My first time experience with Uber was objectionable! Signed up as a first time rider with Uber under a promotion called Chase50. Offer was for 50% off for first timers for the first 2 trips thru July 31, 2017. Had a difficult time to get the first one honored and the second one was lamely refused. Their app is terrible! It willl not allow a promotion code to be accepted. Communication thru the app is rigid and tortuous and the usual 800 number in the charges description won't allow any incoming calls only refers you back to their app which is worthless. And to top it all the second driver's conduct and dress code was second rate to put it mildly. Thank goodness for Lyft which I have been using all along without any problems whatsoever. Their driver's professionalism is top rate. Even their promotions are automatic. I will erase Uber app not to use them ever again.

kalpanaa
7/26/17

Driver Gurvinder ( car Tata Indica phone number 9041202861)in Chandigarh charged me Rs 401.51 instead of Rs 74.27.I entered the correct location and I was following the GPS till the drop off. And I was wondering how the driver changed the location because it was correct till he dropped me off. driver somehow changed it after that and charged me extra. This isn't fair- please check driver's phone or how he did it. And he didn't show me that he completed the trip and Once I got out of the car he did something on his phone. Same time I thought that something was wrong . now I can't trust Uber at all.
They charged me four times the fare I was supposed to pay and they didn't even confirmed me .I was shocked to see the email of 401Rs.
That's ridiculous. I have been doing lot of Uber rides but now onwards I want to tell everyone to keep a check on uber drivers in India.
This is very bad experience from uber. I thought Uber drivers were honest - didn't expect this at all.

kk178
7/25/17

First and foremost, in India there is no customer care service from UBER. There is just a help tab through which we can raise a complaint and that will be solved after 24hrs (taking their sweet time to respond).

If a customer is in a deep trouble there is nobody to help. That pathetic "HELP" doesn't help actually.

There were multiple issues I have faced with UBER. But, today it was disgusting. I got ill because of the $#*!ty freshener used in the cab. Apart from that driver had stopped the car in the middle, ended the trip and told me to get down at the unknown place because I was ill. And I was helpless because UBER has only "HELP" tab which doesn't work at all at the time of need. He denied to take me to the destination as he had some other work. when I insisted him he told I'll take you to the X place (where he had some work) and then I'll drop you to the destination. He forced me get down. I had to taxi from that place to my destination (Thanks to God I found a taxi over there), by the way I was charged for this trip which was equivalent to trip charge. Who is going to help in this.

This is not the end yet. As the driver had ended the trip I was wrongly charged (more than what it is at time of booking) whose fault it was?? Driver was rude & abusive - UBER has "HELP" tab for your security.

I have raised many requests on UBER "HELP" till now no help.

One more important thing "TIME", nobody cares. Because of abrupt ending of the trip I reached my destination very late. Who is responsible??

This is not the first time I was wrongly charged, it has become usual.

IRRITATED, PATHETIC, DISGUSTING

366 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

I strongly believe that if anyone makes $20/Hour driving for uber, everybody will come out from the offices I work for them. If you make minimum wage while you are driving for them you are lucky.

By Samir a. on 4/3/16
Helpful answer

Lmfao Women your crazy. And probably a feminst. And that's sexist women only driving women only being picked up.

By julian k. on 11/13/15
Helpful answer

Uber are thieves steer clear of their company at all costs!!! Read more reviews they have screwed over hundreds of people!!!! Does this help???

By joe t. on 10/29/15
Helpful answer

Ouch! They are thieves- I would call or cancel the credit card. Here in Florida they been raping, robbing, and assaulting customers!! Uber sucks and is bad news- at least they got banned here in Broward County Florida where I live!!

By joe t. on 8/31/15
Helpful answer

Dont use uber, use a taxi its cheaper and safer

By Matthew G. on 10/14/15
Helpful answer

Not a scam, but Lyft pays up to $ 500 for the same referral, so if you have Lyft, make sure you sign up for Uber and Lyft at same time so that your completed trips will earn you the driving bonus at the same time.

By Timbo J. on 12/2/15
Helpful answer

When I drove for them I didn't have one but if a customer had one I would use it

By julio g. on 11/5/15

Direct deposit every thursday

By Mark L. on 10/2/15
Helpful answer

Once you are in their system and they have your credit card, it is difficult to remedy the situation; their site has no address, no email, no phone, you are at the mercy of scammers. They are overwhelmed by business and have no customer service.

By Roo Z. on 5/20/15
Helpful answer

I have painfully discovered another Uber fraud, which surprises me a great deal. You can Take a trip on Uber with the pickup and destination defined, and in our case this trip is frequently taken iwith Uber in about 25 minutes and $25. But, if the driver doesn't show the trip completed, the continued time and travel (possibly for Lyft?) just stacks up, In total they put $479 on my card for over 20 hours and 50 miles. Our bad for not catching the charge until the credit card bill arrived. I went right to Uber, but in a series of emails questioning why the account is in my girlfriends name and the card in my name, they created all all sorts of complexities asking question after question in multiple emails rather than issue a credit. I had to turn it over to my credit card company.

By Val S. on 1/26/16
Questions? Get answers from the Uber staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Uber