Review of Uber

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

richaa4
5/24/17

I always had a good drive with the uber. But today morning I have my exam from 9. I call the uber driver before 35 mint so that I can reach early.. And he revived my call and told me he will reach within 5mint I waited for him for 20 mint and the driver didnot turned up and I literally missed my exam.. please select some professional driver or else it will be a great loss for the Uber company.. (+917636878824) this driver should need to learn a lesson.

davidc530
5/20/17

I spent over an hour of my personal time seeking the lowest fare to the airport following meetings in Grand Rapids, MI. I'm a government employee, and every dollar counts. Out of over 30 options reviewed, UBER was by far the cheapest at $16 from downtown. Next best was $20, and then the others hovered around $35-45. Google revealed the secret technique on how to preorder a 5:15am Uber the night before.

Out of the shower I spy a circa 5:15am. text that, due to SURGE PRICING, my 5:25am fare would now be 3.5x what we had agreed to the previous evening, and I had 5 minutes (already spent in the shower) I could cancel without being charged a fee. The soonest cab ($40 fare) was 20 minutes away that I couldn't spare at this point. My $16 deal now cost $51. Cancelling Uber at this point would mean a missed flight, lost connections and expensive misery. There was nothing to do but pay whatever they asked. Sort of like breaking down in the middle of nowhere with the only mechanic being the crooked Sheriff's brother. Well played Uber! Well played! I can't help but think this is a frequently used well-planned scenario or else they would have made me aware of this surge thing the night before being a possibility. Had they done so, I would have used a stable priced cab service. I shall never use Uber again. They not only screwed me, but all the transportation providers that were cheaper than $50. I also am left with a bitter taste of my Grand Rapids experience although everything else during my visit was superb. I will never recommend Uber to a friend or worst enemy. NONE OF THIS HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY DRIVER. She was great.

robertr268
5/20/17

This is a reasonable service. However, they intentionally DO NOT have a way to reach the service or the driver. As a result if you've forgotten something you're out of luck. For example, my dealer uses Uber. The driver was quick and efficient. As I got out of the car and thanked him, he drove way. No problems, but just then I patted myself down and realized by bluetooth (with charger) had fallen from by pocket. I could see him driving down the hill but he did not see me. I quickly asked the service manager to call the Uber driver (thinking I could catch him before he turned onto the main road. NOPE! We don't know how, after 45 minutes of keystone copism I have an email to a Brittany. No phone number and then after much research if find out there is NO phone number, intentionally. So, while I tried the "contact us" mode that didn't work. and it turns out Uber is satisfied with not hearing from it's customer in the event they REALLY need to be reached. Caveat Emptor!

samanthaw56
5/19/17

Uber gives men a chance to cheat on there girlfriends or wife's. I've had it happen to me and know other women it's happened to. The guy would say I'm doing uber but really he's going to meet another women. So be care other women out that you boyfriend or husband is really doing uber and not out cheating on you. I think uber is ruining lives and destroying relationships. I think uber should be a schedule hours and should be online so many hours before getting paid or something to ensure men won't cheat.

denisa31
5/16/17

Why do you continue to overcharge rides and call it a cancellation fee. I never moved from my original site. Uber driver stopped several blocks away, then turned around and left and stuck me with a $5 cancellation fee. He cancelled me, not me cancelling him.

janetf36
5/14/17

We ordered Uber XL for our party of five. A Toyota 4Runner was assigned. It did not have seating for five plus a driver. We had to cram four in the backseat. Several emails between Uber and myself resulted in a "too bad, it's what you ordered." So we paid premium rate for a service we did not get. Uber XL says parties of 1-6, but beware. You are responsible for knowing if the vehicle assigned will seat the number in your party.

richardb308
5/14/17

Had good experiences with Uber of late. The website and app are wicked. Easy to use, customer journey is great and the cabs are on time and all the drivers so far have been brilliant. THanks Uber

henryv9
5/14/17

As a transportation planner the Uber business service comes in handy. The issue is that not everything is the same. Some vehicles are new and some drivers are great then some vehicles are old or drivers get lost. But this is part of the experience

davidd334
5/11/17

Driving for Uber is simultaneously good and bad. Pay is constantly fluctuating. Very unstable. $600 one week, $350 another week working same hours. They let anyone be a driver so there are more drivers now then there are rides available. Very incompetent system no way of contacting support except email or from app by selecting specific problem and even then they respond with an automated message based on problem. They do not help with maintenance or gas. A few cents off their gas credit card. Big whoop still spending $80-$100 a week on gas to drive full time and 6,000+ miles a month. And the service is way too cheap a measly 65 cents a mile and 11 cents a minute in my area with customer always wanting to make extra stops and screwing me out of my time. And they encourage people not to tip. Even for Uber eats I wait in long line and bring food to your door for $4 and no tip? Waste of time and destroys your car. Only good to make extra spending money not full time. Not to mention some customers are petty and will leave bad ratings for something like dirt on the floor. Ok 10 other people were in my car today how would I not have dirt, part of which is from you? I have time to vacuum after every ride? They expect so much out of a taxi service. Even had people complain that I didnt have the wireless Aux for their iphone 7 are you serious?

leonp18
5/11/17

After reading reviews by other disgruntled customers, I can see that my experience is unfortunately normal.

I arrived at Manchester, UK airport around 10:30 pm and used the app to contact a driver. The app showed the driver was 3-5 minutes away but I waited 20 minutes before receiving a message that the ride was cancelled. Part of the problem was the waiting area was not clearly indicated and local police were not allowing cars to park so it wasn't easy to be met. However, I didn't receive a call and when I tried calling I didn't get an answer.

I didn't give up and tried twice more since by midnight there were fewer cars but it didn't help. On one of the ride requests I cancelled within 5 minutes. Now back at home I see that Uber charged me $5 US for each cancelled ride, even the one I legitimately cancelled.

I'm glad there's a forum like this to lodge a complaint but would prefer the message reached a wider audience since I now have read that Uber was given an F by the Better Business Bureau. The public should know they are scam artists !

roberth358
5/11/17

The driver pulled up and said they were cancelling my ride to the airport. The next driver informed me that they probably had a higher fare at the last minute as my fare was only $6.00. I then get charged a $5 fee? I asked for a refund to my card, but all I received was template responses stating that they will only issue a credit to my account and cannot refund to my card. I cancelled my Uber account and my wife and daughter did as well. Hope you enjoy the $5.00, Uber!

royf17
5/11/17

I have made 3 attempt to sign up to NO avail. I fully admit I am 73 but I can easily call a cab using the Web. I think and can only assume all will agree that the system should be user friendly. No wonder they have so many poor reviews.

peggya18
5/10/17

I've been trying to arrange a ride with Uber and have $150 in Uber credit. Every time I request a ride I get an error message. I contacted their help desk and after 35 emails and following all of their instructions, I still can't request a ride. They still have my $150 and won't provide a refund. They keep thanking me for my patience, but after a month of trying to use their service and them still having my $150 I'm out of patience.

joeb305
5/7/17

I live in Europe and I've started using Uber as I was traveling through middle and south america. At the beginning everthing was fine and I thought it was a great service but sadly I was proven wrong! As I wanted to go from Meddelin city colombia to the airport to take my flight to panama city, panama... I used the Uber App for the transfer and the price that was shown to me on the App was approx. $25. It was $5 more than what I've paid for a normal Taxi coming from the airport to Medellin city but I was in hurry so I took the offer. After I've arrived at the airport though I've noticed that $45 were booked from my cc by Uber for this ride, so I did what everyone would normally do and that is send a complaint to Uber about the overcharge. I did this using the Uber app. Anyhow two days later I've received an email from Uber and I couldn't believe what they wrote to me."Your account has been permanently suspended". So they have suspended my account permanently for sending a complaint via their App. Can anybody believe this? Well after seeing what United Airlines did to one of it's customers nothing should shock us anymore! But all I want to say here is.. we all need to always look for and use alternatives. These big companies need to have as much competition as possible otherwise they will grow arrogant and start treating their customers like trash.

amyd89
5/5/17

Had to walk, why would I ever try and contact Uber again? I'm happy for the people who use and save money instead of a taxi. Stupid.

sharonw119
5/4/17

Today I booked with Uber and when the app showed our car was due in 5 minutes, we went downstairs to wait. 30 minutes later we were still waiting. During that time, the estimate of arrival bounced back and forth between 3 minutes and 11 minutes. We gave up when it became clear that we would not be picked up in time to reach our destination before it closed.

bobn39
5/3/17

My first day using uber, and my morning trip to the Passaic train station in NJ went fine.
In the evening though, as I'm approaching the station on my return home trip, the driver calls me and insists I cancell the ride.
I cancel and then get charged a $5 fee.
I ask for a refund, but they will not. They will only CREDIT my account. I may not use uber again for a while, but they insist they cannot refund to my card.
Bad practice and bad service, and all because of the driver's bad ethical practice (Nasir from Elmwood Pk).
I was very frustrated and not willing to use it again.
North Jersey...

chloem20
5/1/17

Simple, easy and I love the app. I can't live without it. Much easier than trying to find a normal cab.

roberts594
5/1/17

I am attempting to become an Uber driver. When trying to update my profile, I get a message "please wait" with the spinning circle and it never connects on three different computers. I called several times on two separate numbers, left messages asking them to call and they never did. Uber website is also not very intuitive or friendly.

I am also working on Lyft, so far so good, their website works, at least. At this point I say stay away from Uber.

niteshk7
4/27/17

I had to catch a flight from delhi so I called uber to my location but I don't know where the driver reached and he didn't even called me to ask my location instead I had to call him back when he tooked so long ,since I was getting late for my flight so I need to cancel the booking. And now I need to pay the cancellation charge when it wasn't even my fault.

dougf28
4/27/17

Try cancelling your account and find big surprises. Some of my friends thought they had cancelled their accounts along with their Credit card info. However, after hearing my problem, they checked with Uber and surprise! CC info was still there and accounts not closed. Here is what happened to me. i decided to use only the cash feature and delete my CC number. They told me I could not even though other friends have signed up for and used the cash only option(may not be available everywhere, i guess). After several days of back and forth emails to Uber I was finally told that I had 2 different accounts with 2 different CC's. one as a driver and one as a customer. I find this interesting as I don't have a Drivers License or CC, only a debit card. I am retired from Walt Disney! It is just a on-going mess, Consumers beware!

stevec205
4/26/17

In suburban Tampa, we requested a car to Tampa International Airport. The driver, Lillie, was totally rude and incompetent. The vehicle had her own personal luggage in the back, so there was no room for ours. Her comment, in barely understandable English, was that we should have said the ride was to the airport. Duh. Apparently she did not know that Tampa International Airport is an actual airport. She slammed the door and yelled that we would have to call another Uber. If you need an Uber in Tampa, be sure you don't get Lillie.

alexc184
4/25/17

This happened in Washington DC, need to get to the airport. Uber driver arrives, sees me and my family, kids, then leaves inmediately, without even saying why. Uber then charges me a $5 cancelation, charges me!!!. I don't know what to do, really need to get to the airpost, so I request them again. Another driver arrives, and does exactly the same thing. Uber does exactly the same thing of course and charges me another $5. What is this?. On top of all that, no way to contact them, worst service I've seen in my entire life.
Of course I am fighting them and I will get my money back one way or another.
Stay away.

carolg101
4/24/17

If you are thinking of making extra money with UBER, think again! It is impossible to contact them, no phone, no direct email. I drove a rider; Uber's app is difficult to navigate, it didn't register and afterwards they said the rider canceled!! So even though I did pick up and deliver, I did it for NOTHING!! Now who can I complain to?

jamese112
4/23/17

Anti gay bully, told me, faggot fck ur self with mcd frappe u loser faggots should die. If uber ever sends him to better find a request another driver

366 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

83 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Uber staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
lydiac15
Lydia C.
on 10/29/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Uber staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Uber