US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

ronniet12
8/22/16

When I saw an ad online for the soon to be Uber delivery service, I was intrigued enough to sign up. What I did not know is it would take TWO DAYS to sign up! I started at home taking pictures of the documents they wanted and sending them. Four hours later pulling in for coffee, the first text started for me to resend the pictures. Then hours later at my volunteer job, I was doing it again. Even when I got home, this continued into the night, with emails as well. Just how many times do you need to send the requested pictures until your account goes from pending to activated? It's not that I don't have patience, it's just multiple communication can become irritating and annoying. It took THREE DAYS (after angry communication from me to them to please STOP!) to find out it was multiple computer generated messages. Have patience if you want to try and sign up with Uber. And don't have a temper like I do!

charlesm86
8/16/16

The federal standard mileage rate is around 55 cents. Driving for uber you make less than $1 per mile on average. The margin is .35 per mile, but that is only if you get paid for every mile you drive.

In addition it is your car that gets the wear and tear, your insurance premiums that go up, and you that are defenseless against your passengers criticism.

You are allowed to rate them, but if they give you a bad rating because they are having a bad day, or don't like you for whatever reason, you can't defend yourself and uber sends you helpful hints to improve which are really very useless because you don't know the circumstances of the critical/poor review you received.

They are impossible to contact and respond in platitudes without addressing your concerns.

The only one making money on your driving is Uber!

It is not a good option for long term employment

jillb57
8/12/16

There is an uber driver here in St. Pete that is a drug user and dealer; he offered me marijuana and or pills. He was high, his eyes were glassy and glazed-over he and his car had the stench of marijuana. He also offered rides off the app and is a go between for an escort. Mark gukpm

nicoleh68
8/9/16

An uber was called to bring my friends home. He heard them argue the entire way home it's a friend that she was trying leave. He then proceeded to pick the same girl up and take her to the airport. As several of us told him not to take her because she was drunk.

priyas32
8/8/16

Uber is literally looting it's customers in the name of SURGED FARES in PUNE. After 6:30 evening whenever you try to book an Uber Cab...fares are surged. Starting from 1.2 X(available for minutes only) it goes to 2.6X till 8 pm and that too in norm days..leave aside in rains even if there are cabs available in that area. I don't understand it's parameters of surging. In a minute you see 1.2X surged fare and the next minute that fare expiresand you have to pay 2.4X. People you can try it yourself. Simply Cheating!!!!!!!

kendral12
8/6/16

my husband was at a concert at the NRG stadium in Houston on 8/5/16 at concert end during the "surg" time couldn't get his app to work. He called me when I was sleeping, sick, and groggy and saw the 8.2 percent surge charge but thought like a tip 15 percent of the total like a tip amount. I was so upset when I saw 341.00 for the total this am!!!!!This is wrong and law suit worthy. They need to make it very clear for the tired and apparently not bright to make a person realize that they will be stolen from a ludicrous amount. I am going to file a complaint with the better business bureau and refuse to ever use them again. And they don't make it easy at all to complain on there site. Please don't use them try lift or others even a taxi would have been less expensive!

prernas3
8/5/16

requested for uber at 09:30am to reach office, it showed waiting of 8 minutes. Waited for ueber till 10:00am and then saw d tracker,the driver was nowhere near to my place. Called him and explained the directions ,,no response till 10:10am.. finally booked ola cab and reached my office. Will never book uber again..this was d second time..

austint22
8/3/16

I was ripped off for $150 for cleaning fee. After a night out, I call uber and got a ride home. I got in the front seat and got home within 12 minutes. The ride is about $7. I got a receipt for about $7. I have no idea the driver file a charge of $150 for cleaning until I look in my credit card bill. I never received the receipt for the $150 until I complain to uber. Apparently, my driver file a cleaning fee to my ride with pictures of the middle back seat being wet and a little mess. I was sitting in the front seat. And if I don't get an alert that the charge was going to tag on, where is the avenue where I can contest this charge. The mess could have been made by the previous rider or the driver lied and file s false report. But if I don;'t get the alert right away, there is no way for me to contest this. That's why this is a scam. I will suggest all rider to take pictures of the interior of the car before leaving the car. Just to be safe so that you don't get rape by Uber.

camg
7/31/16

Never seen before, the driver don't come for pick up and charged me 5 pound cancellation fee , I called for an other driver , the estate charge was 17 pound maximum, the driver confirm that it will be around 14 pound , they charged me 21 pound .
I been charged for the same distance 16 pound to 17 pound with golden line . I tried to call them their's no number for those people. This company is really rubbish . I will never use it again.
AVOID IT .

samanthag36
7/28/16

My daughter used uber for the first time today. She was very happy with the lady that assisted her. Sweet as can be her name was Gail. I was initially worried about her using the service at first. Gail picked her up from a school activity and it was a pleasant experience fir my daughter.

arleneg6
7/28/16

First Uber, need to have a ASAP phone number !!People beware of your account your phone tablet DON"T let anyone use it!!! Keep away from young people because they will use it, For instance an 13 yr old family member use another family member phone we know how some kids are be real, Well, this one stole the phone and went riding around visiting his friends which had moved. Yes, the mama please do not ask, Then the family member couldn't find his phone call for ride no ride. Now different drivers driving him around so I say, to drivers DUMMY

kanhaiyat
7/27/16

Please think twice before you become a partner with uber,and don't be a fool of believing them that you can earn 60,000rs per month.
Here is the business model for fooling partners.
you earn 2000 per day, i.e 60000 per month
uber commission is 20% i.e 12,000 rs
service tax is 5% i.e 3000rs
now you are left with 45000 rs
you need to spend at least 600 rs for diesel every day,as you need to move your vehicle continuously in search of trips
Now you are left with 27,000 rs
You need to pay your emi, say 12,000.
You are left with 15000 rs
so you can earn 15,000 rs if you drive 14 hours a day.
if you are planning to get a driver then you might have to pay your e.m.i from your pocket.
and after all this please remember you are not gurranted to earn 2000rs daily.
and due to a tuugh competition given by ola now it has become very difficult to earn even 1200 - 1500 per day.
So stay alert from this trap

estherl31
7/26/16

I recently had uber charge me $150.00 for a trip that should be $16.00. The trip was from Soquel to Santa Cruz. The driver had my fare going from Soquel to S.F . Uber refuses to make the correct adjustments. Next time I will request Jesse from Capitola .

susanc192
7/19/16

I requested an uber from my home 10 minutes from DTW on Saturday July 16 at 6:45am. 11 minute eta. 8 minutes into it, I had my son check on it
THE TRIP was cancelled. OMG what a predicament I had. Ended up driving myself. Cannot trust to do this again.

christineb91
7/18/16

Today I feel I was taken advantage of by UBER. I am a loyal uber customer who has used UBER many times for work and personal use. I have never run into what happened to me this morning with a ride charge of $68.97 US in New York. When I requested a ride I was told the fair was approx $18 from my hotel to LGA Airport. A surcharge screen then came up which advised me a 2.3 surcharge would apply to this rate. I didn't understand it and read it as an additional 2.3%. Now I am advised that it means actually an additional 2.3 rate. Even at that 2.3 rate $18x2.3=$41 not $68.97. When I received the uber receipt after the fact I was charged $68.97. I would have never agreed to this. A normal cab ride was $40. I feel violated and cheated by Uber. This system is not set up right and is very confusing for the customer. I won't be using UBER again as the company after numerous attempts will not help.

mikeg196
7/17/16

We were in Fox Lake IL. We locked keys in our car. There was a Uber driver available to get us home.

samj74
7/16/16

I don't know. My MAJOR complaint, not being able to tip on the app. I never have cash. Ever! Then I look like a major a-hole for not tipping. Other major complaint, surge fairs. Why??? I bet your drivers get NONE of that.

One driver at one point, after two others canceled, in a row, told me my rating was very low, which was probably why they were canceling. I was like wtf?? Of course Uber customer service denied this was happening.

So I looked into it. It was barely over a four. Seriously, wtf???? So I closed that account and vowed to only use Lyft. Then that turned into a disaster, and I actually had to file a police report. No joke. And to top it off, Lyft never responded OR offered me a refund. MFs! I had to dispute the charge to my debit card and wait for my bank to give me the money.

So I guess I'm forced back to Uber to be rated poorly for, NOT TIPPING, since I never have cash. F##k!!!

Plus, I see so many horror stories of the drivers, I hate to support this major a-hole company. But drivers, please don't rate us riders poorly for not tipping, I think most people don't carry cash, and if we could, we would tip. I don't know a solution other than to appeal to Uber, which let's face it, they will never do anything about.

It's like those cheap azz nail salons that don't let you tip on your card. Probably for the same reason. Merchants pay a fee to use cards, but it is nominal, and in a tipping situation that can be tracked anyway to pay the server/driver, etc the appropriate amount. How do I know? Well I'm a previous business owner. In addition, with a huge company like Uber, I'm sure they have an even smaller percentage that they pay on transactions, if any at all.

So Uber, come correct! Make EVERYONE happy here. You are being total d!cks to your drivers, and the customers too, because we DO want to tip, and it's so embarrassing when we can't.

I don't know the answer. It's a disaster basically. To the drivers, I'm sorry for when I have not tipped, but rating me poorly is not fair either. I don't know what the answer is.

nizac
7/15/16

Map is not working! I had to call both the passenger and driver to track them! When you have children riding in Uber you better have a working map!

chelap
7/13/16

I requested a ride at 7:45pm I could see the driver on the map never leave his home. The driver calls me and tells me he is outside my home when I knew he wasn't I called back and the driver was very rude he was very rude I hate to say it but mostly all every African drivers I get from uber are rude and they always have an attitude. The driver told me he was not coming to pick me and hung on me I was then charged a cancellation fee when the driver was the one that cancelled the trip. I never have this issue with lyft uber needs to get better drivers I will not be taking another uber i will use lyft or walk to my destination. I find it ridiculous I have to deal with someone rude when they are getting paid to drive me around.

sorah2
7/13/16

I feel like i got scammed driving for uber. One example i made $141 over a period of 9 hours got $100 sounds good right WRONG! I put $30 in gas + 300 miles on my car. Now mind you im in a busy area by the airport. They take 28% of every ride + they charge the rider $2.30 booking fee. So i do 97% of the job take 100% of the risk and what do i get after maintaining the car tires, oil change, other expenses, car value going down? well you tell me i could be working at a gas station making more then $70 with my car value + my gas still in my car. Ohh and uber gets 100% of the profit taking ZERO RISK how is this called a service and not a scamm? Look all im saying is i feel like i got scammed. If you feel like you got scammed then you got scammed PERIOD! Its like i paid uber and i gave a bunch of people free rides. *$#% you uber.

tylers52
7/10/16

$129.00 to travel across town in Boise. About 10 miles. 1st time used. Saturday on a non Holiday weekend. Mobile app is crap on advising you of your total cost until you get home and your email presents the shocking damage. Took over 13 minutes to get picked up too. SCAM!!

kimberlib
7/3/16

Requested a ride on my Uber app on July 3 from Eden Prairie, MN to Minneapolis, MN. The first driver went to the wrong location and didn't bother trying to contact me to see why I wasn't there; for this I was charged a $5 cancellation fee. My daughter looked at the app and noticed it said that my request hadn't gone through. She sent a new request and for some reason I was charged another cancellation fee, this one was for $6. The driver who did finally show up 30 minutes after my initial request charged me $60 for a 19 mile trip. For the return trip I tried Lyft and not only did the driver show up within 5 minutes of my request, he also only charged me $18.60! Guess which service I'll be using from now on and recommending to my family and friends? Hint: it's not Uber.

michellet88
7/3/16

I did an estimate on a trip that was supposed to only be an estimate price for $20. I didn't realize I picked a sub so after the ride I was charged $68.00. Why would I want to pay $68 if the taxi would of onlyour costed $30 I used Uber for over an year Iat not use uber anymore that was an outrageous price to pay for an $30 trip .

markg172
7/3/16

I got an estimate fare which said my journey would've between £23-£31 but got charged £53. I complained and got nowhere

lanam12
6/30/16

A few weeks ago I checked prices for my ride home from my friends house. By mistake I requested car and right away I cancelled. After some time I figured out that they charged me $5 for cancelation. I complained but it didn't help. I understand if I request a car and after a few minutes I cancel they will charge me , but I cancelled the same moment!
Beside is that, when I request a car to my home address their GPS brings them behind my building, behind the block. I sent them email , but nothing they did for it. Don't know if in a future I will use them again .

366 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

77 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Uber staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question