Review of Swap.com

Tel: 630-296-0146
assistance@swap.com

sop1047
11/20/17

I've been shopping on Swap.com for a couple of years now. When I first started, they used to be low cost and quick turnaround for returns & credits, but not anymore. The selection now is sometimes limited with few new items listed frequently, and the prices have increased. Getting a credit on returns takes longer so I can't buy items using my credit as quickly. Also free shipping was $50 minimum purchase has now increased to $60. I will continue to use swap because they will take returns for credit, but probably not buy as often. I haven't try to sell items on swap so I cannot comment on that. But from what I've read, it's not worthwhile so I don't plan to do that with some of my nicer clothes that no longer fit. I will either sell on other sites (Ebay or Poshmark) or donate to charity.

tammyh81
11/19/17

I used to buy weekly from swap but not anymore!! The prices have gone so high! They offer coupon codes but they never work on anything in my cart. I sent a box in for them to sell and it took about 3 months for them to list them and it's been over 60 days since then and some of my items are still sitting to be priced. That's a total of 5 months and all of my items are still not on. I loved swap at one time but not anymore!! It's a waste of time with so many other places to shop on-line!!

crystalc76
11/17/17

I think the prices are fine, the items are okay (though it's really hard to understand from their limited descriptions the sizes or actual colors of the items), but the shipping... it takes FOREVER to get things and even longer if you have to return something. I've ordered twice and each time it's taken well over a week to receive. Returning took 2 weeks from the time I sent to the time I received a store credit to use. It's just not worth it when there are so many other options out there for online thrifting.

maridethh
11/15/17

Shipping was very fast; took less than a week to arrive. Items were BETTER than described!! The packaging was very nice and my order was complete. I have spread the word to all my co-workers and they love it, too!! I have zero complaints and will be shopping here again very soon!

leobardop
11/13/17

They are mixing a pretty dangerous $#*!tail, Prices are going high, shipping is too freaking slooooow, I get 3 orders and after 10 days and 2 more to go they still sitting somewhere in FedEx facilities, now my delivery date has been postponed for another 2 more days making a total of 14 days(Seriously) non mention the transfer from FedEx to USPS makes another extra day or 2. I remember when I used to get my orders in 5 business days but I guess those times are over.
Farewell swap!!

tiffanys102
11/8/17

I sent in a 20lb box of clothes that was received in July. After they had it for a while, I got an email that they were delayed and would be more like 90 days instead of 60 days to process. After over 100 days waiting with no response, I contacted them and they didn't know where my items were!!!! I ended up finding over 40 of my items under another seller's account!!!!! When I informed them of this, they said they needed to check with the other seller to see if they were their items??? HOW DOES THAT WORK IF THEY DIDN'T NOTIFY YOU WHEN YOU PUT AN EXTRA 40+ ITEMS UNDER THEIR ACCOUNT TO BEGIN WITH? It is now just shy of FOUR MONTHS and they still have not fixed this or reimbursed me. I don't even know what items were rejected and never got a chance to have them returned. THEY ARE CROOKS. STAY FAR AWAY

deenag9
11/3/17

Used to be great, now it's the worst iam taking my stuff back,, never selleing any thing again,
And buying is now bad because the prices are too high, I'd rather buy from eBay

corinneb10
11/2/17

So just curious if anyone was aware that Swap.com has an eBay store? Just curious how that works with the clothes we send in...

charlenef14
11/1/17

I had such enormous fees and never received any payments irs like theft to me of all my things. I sent sevrrsl boxes of very nice things and wgat was put up for sale they kept all my money even what they said i was to receive i never did. Customer services never helped . Tjis company is a joke

marya794
10/29/17

Used to be a good honest company when started but now is going south. From customer service, returns, coupon codes, etc...
Costumer service was great, now they get attitude with you, returns used to be smooth, now they give you store credit without asking you first (not right)had to dispute my purchase through PayPal, I won and they give me back more than I asked for (the entire purchase) I was surprised when they escalated the dispute, they thought they would win but it was the opposite. coupon codes used to work 100% on everything, now they only work by categories or for new customers only,even though on some items still won't give you discount after applying coupon codes. Which that was the reason I used to buy in this website, for the coupons! No worth it anymore, very poor management, I will not be surprised if this company goes out of business. I'm talking only as a buyer, but I can imagine how unfairly sellers are being treated. So disappointed

beckyd29
10/29/17

I am so extremely disappointed with swap.com. I used to buy at least $1,000 a month from them and then reselling them in my ebay store. The prices were great and I would get my boxes in about 2-3 days. Now, since they changed where they price the items I have not bought from them in a month. The prices are ridiculous and it looks to me as if they are trying to compete with Thredup in pricing. This is where greed takes over and wins again. Such a great site that I had loved to buy from I no longer even go on there.

barbras1
10/24/17

When I started I made roughly 40 to 50% but they changed their policy so the owners of swap.com can make a lot more money so for every item that sells for $10 or less you only get $2 I also didn't know that buyers can use 50% off coupons so there for my Boutique items brought me in about $2 an item do not send your items here take them to local stores that buy them outright because they pay low prices but slap.com will pay you even less we are warning you all these write-ups don't do it unless you don't care about getting next to nothing back

tazop
10/20/17

This site used to be OK... It was better than just throwing my sons outgrown clothes away or donating to strangers (so it seemed) But now I have a much different opinion.

First of all - my time is worth much much more than the time of carefully washing, folding, printing a label, packing into a box ... mailing ... and waiting. waiting. waiting. waiting. waiting. MONTHS for them to finally price your items (rejecting 1/3 of them as Ive heard from former employees that they actually KEEP the rejected items and later pick through those to also re-sell) Ive had a lot of things Ive sent in be rejected that I KNEW were in great condition because Id carefully washed/folded/inspected every single thing Id sent in! In addition, Ive purchased from their site and of the few things I bought, 2 actually had holes and were absolutely not good condition. I was amazed, as I knew Id had much better condition clothes be rejected by them - and yet I received such poor condition clothes and was only offered a store credit for the return.

By the time all was said and done I realized that their false advertisement of average box yields $125 was an absolute bogus claim.

Regardless, I have one more box waiting to be processed with their company. I used to love their site but like the many other reviews I just read, sadly, this will be my last box. Ive already just begun donating boxes of higher value items to my sons school because Id rather the kids get the stuff (even brand new Nike sneakers etc) than receive $1.50 and basically be donating to swap.com

My time is worth more than the time it takes helping to make swap.com $$$.

maryb519
10/18/17

Terrible experience!! I sent a box of my clothes into swap.com in July with summer items, but they did not review them until October!! Over half of my brand name clothing got rejected. To get the items back that were rejected I would have to pay the shipping, so I ended up donating all of them because I want to earn money not lose it. Now half of my items are still waiting to be priced and posted, and I have not sold anything. Once I do sell items the money will pay for the shipping of the box of clothes I sent in and the fee for having half of my clothes rejected. So ultimately I will not make ANY money. In the meantime, I starting using Poshmark, which is amazing and have made $40!!!!

jeril25
10/18/17

If you're looking to gamble regarding used clothing, then Swap.com is for you.

Maybe it's me, but when I buy clothing that is in used, but good, condition, I expect that there are no tears in the seams.

Maybe it's me, but when I expect to buy women's sized clothing, I expect that it's not juniors sized clothing.

Maybe it's me, but when I look for a specific size, I expect that the size I get will reflect the size that was stated in the ad.

I have yet to be pleased with my purchases, and rather than return them, I will donate them to a charity and simply not buy from Swap.com again.

Sticking to eBay.

laurenp59
10/18/17

I'M GLAD I REREAD THE NEW SELLER FEES AND TERMS BEFORE i SENT ANOTHER BOX TO THEM. SELLERS BEWARE - DO NOT SEND YOUR STUFF TO THEM. THIS SITE IS NO LONGER TRUSTWORTHY. THEY DO NOT LET SELLERS PRICE THEIR OWN ITEMS ANYMORE. AND THEY TAKE 80% OF THE SALE PRICE. IF THE ITEM IS SOLD FOR $10 THEY WILL ONLY GIVE YOU APPROX $1.80. AS FOR BUYERS: I HAVE MADE 5 PURCHASES EACH- EACH ONE INCLUDED 8-15 ITEMS. SHIPPING COST WAS REASONABLE BUT TOOK A FEW WEEKS TO RECEIVE IT. I AM NOW CONSIDERING NOT BUYING FROM THEM ANYMORE BECAUSE THEY HAVE "REJECTED" MY ITEMS BEFORE THAT I KNOW WE'RE IN VERY GOOD CONDITION YET I HAVE SEEN ITEMS LISTED IN FAIR CONDITION. HMMM THOUGHT THEY ONLY SOLD GOOD QUALITY ITEMS.

ashleya73
10/17/17

I've bought quite a few great designer and every day brands for extraordinary prices, and all brand new. There are a good number of plus size items and shoes rolling in as well. The only true gripe that I have is that there is one picture, and sometimes a second of the item. They do get sloppy on occasion and misrepresent
the brand, size, or condition. I've had to return items because they consider thrift store, thredup, or boutique tags as NWT. They do offer free returns and send you a label in instances like this.

audrat
10/14/17

I sent in $2000 worth of beautifully pressed, brand name clothes since I've gained a few pounds, and need space in my closet. They sat on the clothes for 120 days...and then gave me $1.65 for all of them. That's one dollar and sixty-five cents. Don't waste your time. Also, the last two shirts I bought from them had stains on them, so it's not like their standards are "so high", they ship substandard product all the time.

kerrir10
10/11/17

Total rip off to sellers, at least when you give your stuff to a thrift store you get a tax receipt. Run away! Run away!

leslieu4
10/11/17

I worked at swap.com. Thought the truth should be known about what they actually do with your items sent in that are rejected. Their website states they donate them, right! They dont!! They pick through them and resell them! So now their making a double profit. First off the clothes you send in and are actually accepted, then off your supposed rejects!
One of the worst companies!!

bernied10
10/9/17

Clothes are beautiful. I cant say enough good things about this site. I have now started sending in
my unwanted clothes. Havent been to my local consignment shop in months. No need since this site does it all for me.

paular48
10/8/17

I have bought from this site many times. I always find good deals on new and used clothes. Easy return if clothes don't fix.

reginaa22
10/4/17

When I first started earlier this year it was pretty good but now you get practically nothing for your things and it has been months since I sent a box and I've sent 2 emails wanting it back I can make more at a flea market which isn't much

diannad8
10/3/17

Not upholding their agreement on processing time for items plus a very poor change in policies, has led to an awful experience selling on Swap. After a big move and closet clean-out, I had lots of men's, kids', and women's items to sell. I carefully compared Swap with Thred Up and a local consignment store, and Swap seemed to be the best option, based on the fact you could set your own prices and the profit percentage for each sale. In the seller agreement I signed when sending in my box they warned me that their incoming volume was high so "it may take up to 60 days to process." Since I was sending in my box of warm weather clothes at the beginning of June, I was bummed it would take this long, but thought it would be ok since we'd still have the hot months of August and September. Well it didn't get processed for 75 days, so unsurprisingly, not much has sold. Also, when I sent it my items, there was still the option to price your own. That also changed, and resulted in Swap selling a pair of VGUC J. Crew jeans for about $10 with me making $4.50 off the sale. Ridiculous. And for my kids' items I've made an average of $2 an item... not worth it. Find somewhere else to consign!

shiredat
Shireda T.
9/26/17

Like many of the other reviews, this site use to be good. Once they changed the rules the company just steals your stuff. You would be better off donating to Goodwill for a real tax deduction. If anyone has found a new upcoming store that is like the way Swap.com use to be, please post. We have stopped sending items to them and are just waiting for them to give off our items for pennies on the dollar like a auction house.

Tip for consumers: RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have only placed one order so far. I ordered 10 blouses. I returned 5, due to size issues. All 10 blouses were nice, but 5 did not fit quite right due to different manufacturer's. You need to get an RMA # for returns. I was promptly refunded my money for the 5 blouses . I would order again in the future. I am not aware of any return quantity restrictions. Hope this helps.

By Eva M.

If you want to sell clothes, all the information is on their website. Basically, they get a percentage and then they pay you thru an existing PayPal account that you set up.

By Dawn W.

I don't think so. I've sold and from my experience it varies. The things that I thought would sell first, haven't sold yet. It varies by what people are looking for at the time. I've bought all different seasons at random times. I buy by what's a great deal. When selling, group like items together. I've noticed multiple things sell first.

By Cassi E.

There's no way for them to go over prices. They have to see the items and determine from going over it, if it's acceptable, once it's accepted, then you have to determine the price you want to sell it for. You could try searching on their site for similar items and see what they are priced at. I did notice when pricing my items that I'd get a little notice with recommended prices, which was very helpful. I didn't have a good experience selling but many others have. Make sure you take pictures of your items, that's very important. I appreciated that their site is set up to allow you to take back your items if you changed your mind about selling them. I'm in the process of getting back my items. Hopefully it works out well and I get all my items back.

By Barb W.

BOLINGBROOK, IL US

By Danisha B.

Hi Patricia, We are on about a 55-60 day delay in processing inbound shipments. When your items are processed, you will be notified via email that they are ready to be priced. Have you sent an email to our support team at assistance@swap.com yet? A member of our team can look up your account information and give you a better idea of exact when you can expect to see your items. Thank you, Lauren Swap.com Support Manager

By Lauren Z. [Swap.com Rep]

They changed their return policy so beware of something doesn't fit you'll get store credit, not your money back. I was happy until today.... They changed the policy and they didn't even let their customers know.

By alli R.

I am generally a size 16. This varies from a regular 16 and 16W depending on the label. The good thing w/this site is that you can return the items free of charge. I hope that helps.

By Sonia H.
Questions? Get answers from the Swap.com staff and other customers.

23 Photos for Swap.com