US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

aprilk17
2/20/17

The items I purchased arrived even better than described. Prices were even less than local thrift stores without having to leave the house. All of my clothing items looked brand new, and the packaging was just right-not too much, not too little. This is my favorite new site to shop for pre-loved clothing. Would love to see more functionality on the mobile app (the ability to see and track placed orders) and a few more pictures of the items particularly of the brand/fabric content tags. Also, the search function/item specifics/titles could be a bit more specific to make sorting/searching for items easier. Very happy with my purchase and will shop here again!

billh146
2/20/17

Great selection of products, reasonable pricing and fast shipping. My shopping was mainly within the men's section. While looking over other sections, the same wide selection appeared available. Could you ask for more?

mindyr14
2/19/17

I saw a segment on Swap.com on WGN Morning News a few weeks ago and visited the site to look. After then viewing a commercial on tv offering 20% off, I didn't hesitate to visit again and order! My purchases (3 Items) were great. The prices can't be beat; I'll be back on site again in the near future!

annw83
2/19/17

I received my first order and was so pleased I turned around the next day and ordered again! I also had a return that was very easy!

lindsayc43
2/19/17

I have made many purchases in the past until receiving multiple items they consider "good condition" and they were complete garbage. Polling on shirts, sizes incorrect and a pair of suede boots that I couldn't even unzip. Lots of their items are priced at retail prices. Had 2 items sent to me with price tags still on them that were lower prices then I paid!! All and all I wouldn't buy from them again

kristic21
2/16/17

I've bought from them. Items were good priced and still had use. Not perfect. Sending items is very frustrating. Changing criteria, different acceptance, different ideas of what fair, good and new condition means (I sent new, never been worn items and they listed them in fair condition). The rejection is a nightmare. You send them quality items that they reject and yet they sell you junk from someone else. You wind up paying to send them items that they then refuse to sell and you have to pay to get them sent back. Wouldn't be such a big deal if you knew your items were worth donating instead of selling. Seriously, if I wanted to donate I could have dropped them off at Goodwill (for free! With a tax break!). Stick to your local consignment stores, ebay or craigs list if you want to make money off anything or value. These folks also loose pieces of sets and damage your stuff.

gingerm16
2/14/17

I sent a box of nice clothing and at least 4 pairs of never worn Jessica Simpson shoes. 1 pair was rejected, yet I NEVER wore them. I sold a few items, and I knew there was the 11.40 fee and the 30% they take and 1.50 per item, yet they still charged some other additional fee's, so I ended up with a payout of 0. Ad its never really told to you what they "additional " fee is. Don't sell here. They take what they want and say it doesn't meet their standards, then if you want the items back you have to pay shipping fee's. And even when you sell and it looks like your getting a payout, they take it. Unreal how this scam was not shut down yet? Can't anything be done. They are stealing and finding a way to get away with it. 2 big boxes of items I sent months ago...and I sold thing and still made 0. What a JOKE!

amberh50
2/14/17

Swap.com is one of my FAVORITE online shopping sites.....I order from them all the time!! I recommend Swap.com to all my friends & family!!

maryb397
2/12/17

I don't know why or how this company is still in business. If your going to bother to run a company do it to your fullest. You could make up in volume what you loose in low pricing.
The web site is atrocious. They don't press the clothing that looks like it's been waded up into a ball for the last year. You can not tell what it looks like when it's that bad.
They often have the buttons buttoned in the wrong holes so it's hanging wrong. Thread strings handing down. White clothing on bright white background so you can't see it completely. Often times they don't say what color the item is. We all know every monitor is capable of showing a completely different collor. They never when it is labeled expand on the color as in what shade of green red blue etc. most times when they list the condition of the item it has a big question mark behind it. What? You don't want to say the truith for fear it won't be bought?
If your retail experienced you know what the condition of a garment is. Commit to it.
The photos of the shoes are awful. Two views and neither is of a look front or from the back. That can have effect on the look and style of a shoe entirely.
The fact it can be returned is irrelevant when it's an inconvenience. And these things are fixable. They just aren't. I want to know what I'm buying when I buy it to the best of my ability online. This company with its lack of effort cripples that ability.
I won't be back. Id much rather pay a higher to full price than play a guessing game.
You can't make money being lazy. Hire people to help. You must spend money to make money.

naokon
2/12/17

I sent my items to sell and some items that they sent back because it didn't meet the criteria were missing!

I sent in Thomas the tank engine wooden rail set with 3 trains and it didn't meet
they criteria (it had some crayon marks on the rails) so I requested them to be sent back.
I got the package back but all the trains were missing.
I don't see them on my selling item either and don't know what happened to them.

They are worth more than $60 new and were in great condition.

I would never ever sell or buy from this website!!

kathleenc65
2/12/17

EXCELLENT ...in every way! Highly recommend! Friend is expecting first grandchild- he's had a difficult time lately so I wanted to help a bit. AMAZED what I managed to find! Great value, care, quality and service! All items were brand new with tags. I had no idea what to expect as I had never heard of this place. AWESOME find!

belleb3
2/11/17

I purchased a shirt at a great price, even w/S&H. When it didn't fit I wrote in a review that it wasn't worth the postage to return it. SWAP wrote to tell me that returns were free and instructed me how to get the free return label. Done! I really appreciate that someone took the time to respond to my review and set me straight. I will be shopping more at Swap.

mariam361
2/10/17

I have had several orders with Swap.com. I am so, impressed by the clothing I have purchased the condition has been nothing but very very good. I enjoy shopping with them in the comfort of my home. Thanks again for having such a Great Business

ziyanw
2/9/17

Good baby clothes are always very expensive. And here you can by very good baby clothes for a good price. Love it very much!!!

traceyl19
2/9/17

I have sent in boxes with twice the amount of items and then had they claim to reject it all. Most of it goes missing and then they never answer you. I buy from them and its great but then they have to steal stuff from people. If I had known this I would have kept a better log as to what went in the box I sent.

terrye24
2/8/17

Awesome site to shop at..
They are very customer orientated, wanting each and every customer to be happy with their transaction.
I have shopped there several times..definately one of my top 5 favorite shopping sites!!
THANKS to each and every associate at swap.com..ya'all do an amazing job. Communication is AMAZING, shipping is extremely FAST!!!

heathero17
2/8/17

I love the ease of online shopping combined with the prices of a consignment sale. I was very happy with my purchase!

veronicam53
2/6/17

I'm a single mother that dosnt have time to get to the store much. I've bought from them more then three separate times.i will continue to buy from them for myself and my son.I find it easy to pick stuff out on there site.The itmes came just as described and packaged great and in a timely manner. They are also a great Web site for gifts I've had a amazing experience with them no problems.

jessicar130
2/3/17

The items were better than described . it didn't take long to arrive! Tracking number worked perfectly so I knew where it was (: . thank you so much. I will be purchasing again!

mariag153
2/3/17

I love this site for its great selection on baby items. Specifically, I was able to purchase quite a few items to baby proof my home for my granddaughter that cost less than half if I had to purchase them new. Baby proof items are very expensive but I was able to purchase more than I needed through swap.com and share the supplies with my son and DIL. I received $10.00 off and free shipping with my 1st order that included brand new blankets for my granddaughter's pack n play, which appears to stay w/in the pricey range if purchased via retail. This site also serves a purpose in getting rid of excess items. A wide selection to choose from. This is my go-to site next to Amazon. I highly recommend.

melindam26
2/2/17

This was my first experience with Swap.com, and I couldn't be happier!! Items arrived in great shape, just as pictured. I am telling all my friends and will be a repeat customer for sure!!!!

melindag13
2/2/17

Not sure who is educated or not educated the people who shop there or the people who run the site, their prices are very high, I raised all my children on resale and no way would I pay $3.00 for a Garanimals top, they are $3.88 new, come on not everyone out there is that dumb, Gymboree clothing all has dates 2015 line is going to be worth more then the 2005 line but they do not disclose the dates on the Gymboree line, Childrens place clothing is cheaper new on their website then used on this site, educate yourself people or be ripped off.

jerig1
2/2/17

It would seem that they unpack the boxes and then keep what they want for themselves, and then claim that the merchandise they didn't accept has odors or stains or whatever nonsense and you can either pay to have them returned or let the crooks keep it for themselves. They also lose track of items shipped to them so you will find if you sent ten items, eight will be listed and the other two are in limbo or more likely being worn by one of the staff. And they have the nerve to threaten you with closing your account if your acceptance rating is too low, which is impossible to raise since they reject items that are perfectly saleable, hoping you will just say the hell with it and let them keep them for themselves. They also have horrible brand name recognition, routinely listing designer names incorrectly. Very shoddy and ignorant operation.

terris45
1/31/17

I have ordered quite a bit from Swap.com and I have never been disappointed. I have ordered both baby clothes and women's clothes. All I have ordered have actually been better than what I expected. I have had all positive experiences with Swap.com

denisem108
1/30/17

I am so pleased with all the items I purchased. The items were better than I expected them to be. Overall a great experience.

69 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Swap.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question