Review of Swap.com

Tel: 630-296-0146
assistance@swap.com

sherryh53
9/17/17

Swap use to be a decent site to sell things you sent to them. But it was wonderful when I first went boxes in. But little by little things got worst. What they charge you to ship a box went up. Picky that they would only pay by using fedex. The layout use to be decent and I could price my stuff my self. Well that has changed and they price the stuff and the pay is real low now. Plus it takes forever for them to process your items. No more as it is a rip off now. Went from a great place to a bit disappointment in only 2 years.Stay away! I just got 60 cents for a shirt.

shannond47
9/15/17

Mailed in two boxes over three months ago. In that time for processing, they have brought about some major changes. The biggest one is that you can longer price your items. This is a shame as this what made this resell company stand out from others. Also they seem to be rejecting a lot more items than ever before. (Not due to condition but labels). I was really happy with Swap over a year ago with my first batch of sales. Now it just isn't worth it.

laurag159
9/13/17

They will now price the items you send to them. I sent them a very expensive skirt and they sold it for $12!! If they had informed me of the policy change I would have told them to ship all of my items back. DO NOT send them anything to sell unless you don't care how much you receive for your items.

jh638
9/12/17

I do NOT recommend doing business with Swap.com. First, I sent in a box of clothes that took them over 2 months to process. Once they did post my items on their website, some of my items were missing. Realizing they were shady and that their payment structure was a rip off, I requested all my items get sent back to me. They never notified me that any of my missing items had actually been rejected and never offered me the option to get them back. By the time they realized what had happened, they had already donated my clothes. Basically, this company stole from me. I hope they go out of business so others don't get ripped off like me. STAY AWAY.

laurak129
9/12/17

I ordered an item 14 days ago. It shipped out right away. Everything seemed fine until the tracking information stopped just days into the process. I contacted customer service. 2 days waiting and still no reply concerning my item, if it's on the way, lost, or what. I am definitely not happy right now. If someone asked me about this site I would NOT recommend it at this time. Hoping to receive my item....

hilarym13
9/12/17

i made an order on a tuesday morning . i just tracked the shipping and fed x just now picked it up from the swap facility an entire week later!!!! seriously annoying. my order better be right. something tells me i just screwed myself and i would have been better off buying new clothes.i feel like i totally made a mistake and just tossed 100$ out the window

maryc353
9/9/17

Continuing from my last review....they now have a must have 80% acceptance box rate (i.e. If you send in 10 items, 8 items must be accepted. If you have 7 items or less accepted. They will charge you a fee. I guess they have too many boxes being sent to them and this is how they are trimming down their intake volume. So not worth the time or energy. Your better off selling on other sites.

em7232
9/8/17

swap auto-listed and sold my $600 suit for $8.40. Eight dollars and 40 cents!!!! Swap used to be good for sellers to get a decent cut for nice, good condition items. You could also custom price your clothes, say if they were 100% cashmere or rarer items. Now they auto price things without the seller's permission and sell them at whatever price their algorithm produces. I tried to get them to take down my listings that were grossly underpriced and they didn't! I sent the box in 3 months ago having no idea they would screw me over like this! Sellers will inevitably leave when treated so poorly!

kellyd117
9/7/17

Up until recently, Swap.com was a great site. It has gone completely down hill. They are taking 3 months or longer to process items. Their quality control measures are completely arbitrary. They've rejected items I've sent in that were brand new and still had the tags on it or listed them as "fair condition." It's impossible to get anything more than a canned response. STAY AWAY.

alindab
9/6/17

Up until a few months ago Swap was a great site for sellers. It is AWFUL now. They are taking 3-4 months to process items sent in therefore summer clothes sent in at the beginning of the season are not getting online until fall!!!! They have also Drastically cut the payout percentages to sellers from 70% to 30%. They used to give preference to frequent sellers by processing their boxes quickly but they cancelled that to. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THEM

cj295
9/5/17

I have shopped many online stores that offer used items. Swap.com is the winner. With honest ratings of items condition, incredibly affordable prices and a great return policy, Swap.com is my go-to store for clothing.

If your family and friends sign up under your link, you get $20 when they shop! I am readying our home for an expected baby so, instead of a huge shower, I am asking friends to sign up and purchase the gift from swap.com. Then, I use the credit I receive from Swap from their purchase for the items we need for the upcoming bundle of joy. That is just one way to make this site work wonders for you! And then, hopefully, the friends will continue to shop and bless swap.com with their business. Swap deserves it!

Oh! And let's talk customer service. If something you purchase does not fit or is not up to quality standards, ship it back for a refund. AMAZING! I have been a customer for a few months and am totally sold on them.

dezinat
9/4/17

Everything that I have purchased has surprised me by being even nicer than the pictures could show. I shopped the first time for clothes for me and this time a load for my granddaughter. Definitely will be a frequent shopper.

hollyh53
9/4/17

UPDATE: After uploading my items to the site it took them an additional 10 DAYS to price my items. Previously pricing was instantaneous. (Sellers can't set individual prices now; we have to use Swap's algorithm and are at their mercy.)
I've sent 4 boxes to Swap.com over the last 4 years. At first, the process was quick and the compensation fair. But numerous changes over the last 18-24 months have soured me on ever selling through swap again. The compensation has gone down dramatically, the acceptance criteria is randomly applied and the processing time for each box has gone from less than 30 days to over 75 for my latest shipment (sent June 2017). It's clear they can't handle the volume of clothes they receive, even after they upgraded to a larger facility last year. Bottom line, if you're selling designer women's wear, send it to Swap. If not, they don't want it - their price structure and customer service prove it. It's a good business move for an overwhelmed company, but a bad move for me. Back to craigslist I go...

ellent28
9/3/17

Re: order #7824816191-20001 Received my order in a very timely fashion and was so very pleased. Item was in excellent condition and color was actually more impressive than expected. Fit was perfect! Thank you :)

elainek28
9/2/17

Found this place on line, so I decided to try it, cuz I get into the free delivery!! It was awesome because I not only got free shipping the first time. But the clothes I bought were in terrific shape. Great place to shop, some items even had tags on them. My husband is a pretty big guy, got all name brand jeans for him for under 7.00..

maryj328
9/2/17

Swap.com offers the best in on-line shopping for me. User friendly, always quick delivery and an easy return policy for the items that don't fit or just wasn't what I wanted! This is a great alternative to NOT going out and trying on clothes in stuffy dressing rooms or having to interact with store personnel, shoulder to shoulder clothes racks, and other harried shoppers. I love it!! (As I sit in my p.j.'s with a cup of hot coffee)

dawnd64
9/2/17

I have purchased many items from SWAP.COM and have had to return some, for various reasons .. Their return policy is like NO OTHER.. Just print out the label. and it was gone. I love the savings on kids clothes .. they grow way too fast to buy expensive cloths and wear them less than a yr. THANKS SWAP.COM LOVE YOU

bethl47
9/2/17

I purchased a JJill dress that looked prisitine from the photograph. I purchased and when received garment was extensively pilled, scruffy, washed out, and fabric no longer supple- all indications of a garment at the end of its life. I extensively buy JJill items for their quality, but eventually even quality garments reach end of life- this garment was NOT appropriate for resale at any price.

joeb345
8/31/17

You get what you see, quality name brand products at great prices! Every item that I have ordered has shipped on time and is always packaged great! Swap.com, keep up the good work!!

michaelb573
8/30/17

If ur rating is lower then 4stars u don't have taste..swaps simply awesome if I don't like I simply exchange or return for no extra cost

marilyng30
8/29/17

Swap is the very best, especially for a senior gal who can't get out to shop very much. Love you!! Always satisfactory!

kimc189
8/28/17

I received my item.. in amazing condition.. clean .. packaged nicely and on time.. I would use them again in a minute ! I love the selection and the ease of ordering..and they do have quality items in great condition... Swap.com is awesome !

suzannek26
8/26/17

Love all my finds here. I found a great pair of Lucy Yoga spa pants that are no longer in their stores and it was at a great price !!! I also ordered a few more tops and I was very pleased with the great style and quality of the items I received I am very very happy !! I will be shopping here again, great find at a great ( steal ) price.

phiew
8/25/17

I love swap.com!! I shop there a lot, only had to return one thing, and they made it as easy as buying from them. Will shop with them forever!

sharonl111
8/23/17

It's like looking through your best friends closet fun and fast. No problem if you have a return print out the label and your good to go.

Helpful answer

I have only placed one order so far. I ordered 10 blouses. I returned 5, due to size issues. All 10 blouses were nice, but 5 did not fit quite right due to different manufacturer's. You need to get an RMA # for returns. I was promptly refunded my money for the 5 blouses . I would order again in the future. I am not aware of any return quantity restrictions. Hope this helps.

By Eva M. on 5/2/16
Helpful answer

If you want to sell clothes, all the information is on their website. Basically, they get a percentage and then they pay you thru an existing PayPal account that you set up.

By Dawn W. on 2/2/16
Helpful answer

I don't think so. I've sold and from my experience it varies. The things that I thought would sell first, haven't sold yet. It varies by what people are looking for at the time. I've bought all different seasons at random times. I buy by what's a great deal. When selling, group like items together. I've noticed multiple things sell first.

By Cassi E. on 8/18/15
Helpful answer

There's no way for them to go over prices. They have to see the items and determine from going over it, if it's acceptable, once it's accepted, then you have to determine the price you want to sell it for. You could try searching on their site for similar items and see what they are priced at. I did notice when pricing my items that I'd get a little notice with recommended prices, which was very helpful. I didn't have a good experience selling but many others have. Make sure you take pictures of your items, that's very important. I appreciated that their site is set up to allow you to take back your items if you changed your mind about selling them. I'm in the process of getting back my items. Hopefully it works out well and I get all my items back.

By Barb W. on 1/9/15

BOLINGBROOK, IL US

By Danisha B. on 1/24/16
Helpful answer

Hi Mary, I would like to help you with your request. If you you could send me an email I would like to personally review your account and see what I can do for you. I know that we can help you. Best, Matt Manager, Customer Experience matt@swap.com

By Lauren Z. [Swap.com Rep] on 9/22/15
Helpful answer

Hi Patricia, We are on about a 55-60 day delay in processing inbound shipments. When your items are processed, you will be notified via email that they are ready to be priced. Have you sent an email to our support team at assistance@swap.com yet? A member of our team can look up your account information and give you a better idea of exact when you can expect to see your items. Thank you, Lauren Swap.com Support Manager

By Lauren Z. [Swap.com Rep] on 1/5/16
Helpful answer

They changed their return policy so beware of something doesn't fit you'll get store credit, not your money back. I was happy until today.... They changed the policy and they didn't even let their customers know.

By alli R. on 6/13/16
Helpful answer

Lime Clean? I don't think so. I've heard they don't clean ANYTHING that comes in.

By Shelley B. on 6/19/15
Helpful answer

I am generally a size 16. This varies from a regular 16 and 16W depending on the label. The good thing w/this site is that you can return the items free of charge. I hope that helps.

By Sonia H. on 6/9/16
Questions? Get answers from the Swap.com staff and other customers.

23 Photos for Swap.com