Review of Proxibid, Inc.

Tel: (877) 505-7770 / (402) 505-7770
info@proxibid.com

watercrafts
8/10/17

we purchased a truck, they fail to disclose pictures they fail to disclose miles they fail to disclose all body damage still has papers from body shop they fail to disclose all damage doors are hanging on never took pics they fail to disclose air bag deployment
they fail to disclose bad engine we purchased a junk pile and the state and government in our country allow a foreign company commit fraud and is ok
stay away from them or just go look at items first if you can't see items stay away they are a bunch of crooks no different then other companies

jeffd99
8/4/17

due diligence is on you!!
The description can be wrong (not there problem)
The picture can be wrong (not there problem) no joke
I bought a roll of pennies it was supposed to be a 40year old bank roll with the face of Lincoln facing out year 1959 on one end..
what I got was the tails side out on both ends and 1959 written on the roll
I sent 2 pictures (both ends) and the picture that there web site provided of what I was supposed to receive they said that I had to have a independent auditor evaluate
the roll of pennies.....Ya I got ripped off plus I had to have the bank do a search of when they cashed my cashiers check they claimed they never got it on july 15th I sent them the bank statement proving they cashed my check on june 19th they put me in collection 2 days after they cashed my check.
will have the complete story of these penny pinchers on facebook and youtube in a day or 2

ralphs59
7/20/17

I had coins purchased from two different vendors about the same time as my credit card company changed the last few digits, extending the cards expiration date & increasing the credit limit. I did not correct the information on file with you until I was notified by the vendors that you had declined my card. Couldn't you have given me a heads up before they did? One has
been resolved. Still trying to get ahold of the other one.

donb119
7/20/17

well pleased with proxibid, easy to use and fast replies, well deserved for a top notch rating. plan on using it again very soon like tomorrow.

stephenk83
7/20/17

Firearms are not accurately described. Generally in worse condition than described. Shipping time from bigger sales is extremely long.

albertl41
7/19/17

Very efficient service, friendly people. I was able to purchase equipment online that I would have not been able to purchase due to time constraints.
very satisfied with the experience.

zacharys29
7/18/17

Why is the fee to bob and buy on the MET so high? I am a 54 year old disabled male. It is impossible for me to go on the bidding grounds where the merchandise is , walk around and bid with a numbered sign. It's needs to be an exception for Americans like myself. I love the site, however (15%) fifteen percent is highway robbery. !! Can you accommodate a disabled person like me?

rezaf3
7/17/17

The people With Proxibid, very Knowledgeable & helpful & always They Keep Update & Easy To Deal With All Purchased & They Are With You until The Auction become up To the End ,So I would Re Commanded to Every One Whenever They need To purchase Their needed They Should Go trough the Proxibid,

jesseb61
7/16/17

This time was a solid win. The company had good communication. I haven't been as lucky in the past. Probably the reason for 4 stars rather than 5. Still nursing a sore spot.
JB

chuckb56
7/16/17

Proxibid is sort of a clearinghouse for online auctions. You can search online for things you're interested in, or search by geographic area. Lots of fun. Easy to use their online application. Just as with any other clearinghouse, just do your research on the auction houses. If an item is selling for an unbelievable price, it is a good idea to check them out independently. But other than those few, most are very reputable, service is good, and great delivery. Proxibid also helps with resolution in those few instances of disagreement with an auction house. This is my primary site for online auction clearing houses.

williamb304
7/16/17

Auction, everything worked as described. Will continue to use because it is very convenient and runs very smoothly.

michaels650
7/16/17

Always fun looking for bargains that may or may not be overlooked.
Shipping has been very good as well. Items arrive in great shape.

michaelh378
7/16/17

I got a good deal. Now, I have to get the company responsible for removing the equipment to return my call.

perrys27
7/16/17

Bidding is good but when trying to watch and/or listen to a live auction in at least 90% of the time the audio and/or video dos not work.

gregd83
7/16/17

I HAVE PURCHASED A FEW FIREARMS AS A FFL GUN DEALER AND COMPANYS RESPONCE TIME AND FREIGHT CHARGES ARE TERRIBLE

tedw27
7/16/17

My experience has always been without flaw...no hassles, etc. Responses are prompt and descriptions are clear. Good experience.

roberts632
7/16/17

Proxibid would be well served to provide more features to its search engine and summary page so users could add notes and rearrange dates for more convenient use.

dennisj36
7/16/17

WAS HIGH BIDDER ON A $3OO TRUCK CAMPER 200 MILES AWAY AND WHILE I WAS ON MY WAY TO PICK IT UP THE TRANSMISSION WENT OUT ON MY TRUCK. TRUCK SAT A GARAGE FOR TWO WEEKS AND THEY STILL DIDN'T GET IT IN TO REPAIR IT. I ENDED UP TRADING IT FOR A CAR AND WAS UNABLE TO GET THE CAMPER.

oscarb55
7/13/17

Great experience and easy to navigate!! the process to look and the description are good, also the auction process easy to carry on
I will definitely recommend to my business friend and associates to log in in proxibid for the auction needs.

ednag24
7/13/17

I have used Proxibid's online auction service to buy several items from different companies --including a Mack truck!--and have never been disappointed with a purchase. The sellers I have contacted have been knowledgeable and polite. When I have had items shipped they have arrived well-packaged, in a timely manner, and at a reasonable cost. The variety of items available is awesome. I think you could find almost anything on Proxibid!

deli189
7/13/17

I have stopped bidding for coins at Proxibid due to the fact that 20 to 25% of my purchases have turned out to be fakes, counterfeits, and altered coins. Many of those fakes were discovered a month or two past the auction closing dates. Many sellers will refund the $$$ if a coin is returned, but its up to the buyer to determine if the coins is fake. In other words, buyers can not rely on a sellers statement that a coin is what they advertise.

chuckg17
7/12/17

It does not work on my computer anymore. It show a message of B50 and then won't open so I haven't used it in a long time

johnb903
7/12/17

I do not think it fair or reasonable for the buyer to pay ProxiBids fee. The seller and/or consignor should be responsible as it is to their benefit to have as large a group of bidders as possible. Additionally, the internet bidder has an immediate 3% disadvantage in favor of the floor bidder. For expensive items, this disadvantage is substantial.

johnn1162
7/12/17

not able to bid on any of their auctions not sure why can always bid on others they have never told me why and so i bid on other auction rather than onestheyrun they are a little big for their own good

douglasl33
7/12/17

Always a pleasurable and accurate experience when I bid through Proxibid. Very Professional with great auctions to look forward TO. THE STAFF HAS ALWAY GONE OUT OF THEIR WAY TO ASSIST ME WHEN I NEED THEIR ASSISTANCE.
Great Job

Helpful answer

Proxibid refuses to answer my email.

By Arnold H. on 8/15/15
Helpful answer

You can end up winning the item anywhere between your initial bid and your high bid. Very often we see the pre-bids are outbid, especially if there is a live onsite crowd. Best advice is to put only the amount you feel good about paying and not a dollar more. When you can, participate live. Not only is it fun, but you can enter your bids as the increments go up. Always be sure your computer is working, close things you do not need running in the background. Also, keep in mind if your max bid is 500, someone onsite might win it for 500-dollars and you are outbid, even though the dollar amount is the same. This happens when you are the highest bidder at 475 and the last bidder happens to be someone in the crowd at 500-dollars. In those cases, it might be good for the person running the Proxibid application to know that you are a max bidder for 500 as well, so they can fight to get your bid in first, before an onsite ringer beats you to it. At that point the onsite bidder has to outbid you for 525, if that is what the increment still is. When you are live online it's really a lot of fun and probably makes much more sense, especially when there is audio, what is going on and why you might be paying your max. If you ever feel treated unfairly as an online bidder, contact Proxibid and also contact the auctioneer for whatever company you are using and ask how you ended up at your max. Hope this helps! Proxibid is supposed to be a fun, easy and enjoyable experience.

By Robin F. on 9/29/15
Helpful answer

Great question. Proxibid will usually have you start with the seller and try to work that out. The wording of the description is going to be extremely important. For instance, did the item come with a defect that was not mentioned? Or did the item have a defect and the item was listed as in defect free or perfect condition? That would be a big difference. Many times an auction company might inform you ahead of time that they do not guarantee or know everything about the item, but will include what they do know or have discovered about the item and take as many photos of the item as possible to give the bidder an opportunity to make their own decision. In which case, the item would be considered as described. If the item was listed as blue and it's red, well then it is NOT as described. If the item was listed as in good working condition and it IS NOT, then it is not as described. Many times the buyer may be able to come to an agreement, so I would start by contacting the seller. If the Terms and Conditions as well as photos and description of the items are not accurate, then I would keep pursuing the issue with Proxibid. They will continue to purse the issue with the seller to get it rectified...IF you are correct. Let me know if I can be of further advice.

By Robin F. on 9/6/15
Helpful answer

I see this is an old post-but perhaps my response will be useful: My answer to your question is going to be quite similar to most, and that is read the terms and conditions for that auction company. In order to participate in a Proxibid auction, a bidder must have read and then agreed to the terms. It's a legally binding contract between seller and buyer. If you back out on something you purchased, you can be sued. First, I would contact the auction company and see if they will let you out of the sale. There is always the possibility. Second, if you found legitimate information that they are fraudulent, or something of similar concern, you might have a leg to stand on. I would share that research with a member of Proxibid's risk management department. Has your credit card been charged? If not, you may want to put a hold on it, until you figure out what you are going to do. Do not delay in contacting Proxibid, as the auction company may report you to Proxibid for non-payment and you will be black flagged. This means you may lose all your bids on other Proxibid auctions and lose the ability to participate in other auctions until the black flag is removed. Lastly, perhaps everything is fine and the items you won are a success story for you. It's been awhile since you posted this. Hope it all worked out!

By Robin F. on 3/11/12
Helpful answer

James L., Thank you for using SiteJabber to notify Proxibid of your concern/question. There are several methods to find sellers using the Proxibid platform. To obtain a list of all sellers, hover over the Browse By option just under the blue banner on our home page. Hovering over this option will allow you to select Company. When using this option, you can search for a company alphabetically, by name, by country, or by state. Alternatively, to obtain more specific search results to a category, such as Coins & Currency for example, from our home page, click on the Coins & Currency option within the left-hand column on the home screen. Hovering over Categories using the banner bar and selecting Coins & Currency will lead you to the same results. On the Category Page, you can tailor your search based on subcategories, selling format, date of event, location, or upcoming events. On this page, we also list our Premier and Top sellers. As different sellers on the Proxibid platform can occasionally sell items within other categories, for example, an estate sale may have coins listed within a catalog, we do not publicly sort sellers based on their specific type of, or legally registered, business industry. We hope this information answers your question and addresses your concern. As always, if you need help or have specific questions about Proxibid, please visit the Contact Us page at the bottom of our website or call us toll-free at 877-505-7770. One of our friendly Client Services Professionals will be happy to help. Again, thank you for assisting with our commitment to excellence. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on Proxibid! Gabriel S. Proxibid & APN Payment Network Customer Support Supervisor

By Proxibid I. [Proxibid, Inc. Rep] on 4/9/17
Helpful answer

Denny, Thank you for using SiteJabber to notify Proxibid of your concern/question. Proxibid joins buyers and sellers together in the safest place online to purchase highly valued items. Sellers on Proxibid must adhere to a myriad of local, state, and federal, banking, auctioneer, and consumer protection guidelines, rules, regulations, and/or laws depending on the types and locations of sales they are conducting and items they are selling. These reputable sellers business models can change based on various consignment agreements, estate requirements, federal contracts, and more. Proxibid makes as much of your experience with sellers as transparent as possible by providing sellers Terms of Sales and appropriate Proxibid disclosures, when applicable. When participating in an event, a buyer agrees to the Proxibid Unified User Agreement and the sellers specific Terms of Sale posted for each event. Terms of Sale will vary from seller to seller and from event to event; therefore, Proxibid encourages buyers to carefully review the Terms of Sale tab within the catalog to understand the legal provisions they are agreeing to when participating in each event. When a seller has requested to place bids in their own events or to see bidders maximum bids, Proxibid will place clear disclaimers at the top of the events Terms of Sale, respective to the sellers specific request. You will notice only a few sellers engage in these activities. Although we do not have full control over the sellers, we make every effort to ensure all buyers are aware of which sellers are bidding in their auctions or reviewing maximum bids. The disclaimers are as follows: PLEASE READ: At the request of the auction company, this auction permits bids to be placed by the auctioneer, an employee of the auctioneer, or the seller or an agent on the seller's behalf. While Proxibid's Unified User Agreement prohibits this behavior, in accordance with UCC 2-328, this auction is permitted to engage in this activity by providing this clear disclosure to you, the bidder. PLEASE READ: This auction company has requested and been granted access to see all bids placed including any maximum pre-bids. This auction is permitted to engage in this activity by providing this clear disclosure to you, the bidder. While Proxibid does not fully agree with allowing sellers to bid in their own auctions, there are numerous scenarios where this activity is completely legitimate and necessary. Additionally, the seller is not engaging in illegal or fraudulent activity in accordance with Uniform Commercial Code 2-328, paragraph 4, as the disclosure is transparently being provided to participating buyers as part of the Terms of Sale, and buyers can choose whether or not to participate in the sale with this advanced knowledge. Legitimate scenarios Proxibid comes across when a seller chooses to bid in their sale would be to represent bids for certain bidder demographics including buyers who placed an absentee bid directly with the seller prior to the sale by phone or in person, representing bids from alternate platforms or marketplaces, or buyers with limited or no access to an internet connection during live or timed bidding, such as those traveling or in rural locations. We highly discourage sellers from running up bid amounts or manipulating bid increments in a deceptive manner and will take appropriate administrative action when identified. When a seller has requested to review maximum bids, covered in Section 3.5 of the Proxibid Unified User Agreement, Proxibid has identified this action is not requested for deceitful purposes, but rather to help protect the platform. We have seen sellers reach out to buyers who erroneously placed maximum bids in wrong amounts to correct the bid, preventing them from being held to a higher amount (example: buyer placed a $1,000 bid instead of $10.00). Another scenario is typically seen when an auctioneer wants to ensure Proxibid internet bids are faithfully represented when onsite or other internet bids are frenetically coming in during a timed or live event. For example, preventing delays between a ringman relaying bids between the auctioneer and/or operator of the Proxibid software application. The same can be true if the seller uses another platform in addition to Proxibid to receive bids. Additionally, many sellers do not treat the maximum bid information received from Proxibid any different than receiving an absentee bid directly from a bidder onsite, by phone, or from another platform. We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with sellers having the ability to take this action; however, Proxibid actively monitors sellers engaging in this activity to ensure the disclaimers are present and to determine if there are indications of fraudulent behavior, at which point we will take appropriate administrative action, and ensure we continue to offer a fair platform buyers can continue to trust. We hope this information answers your question and addresses your concern. As always, if you need help or have questions about Proxibid, please visit our Contact Us page at the bottom of our website or call us toll-free at 877-505-7770. One of our friendly Client Services Professionals will be happy to help. Again, thank you for assisting with our commitment to excellence. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the Marketplace! Gabriel S. Proxibid & APN Payment Network Customer Support Supervisor

By Proxibid I. [Proxibid, Inc. Rep] on 2/28/17
Helpful answer

Thank you for your inquiry Jerry, Thank you for using SiteJabber to notify Proxibid of your concern/question. Proxibid is the Marketplace; joining buyers and sellers to purchase highly valued items. When agreeing to participate in an event, a buyer agrees to the specific Terms of Sale the seller has posted for that event. Terms can vary from seller to seller and from event to event, so please take a moment to carefully review the Terms of Sale tab when examining an events catalog or a sellers item. If a buyer needs further clarification on the Terms of Sale, we recommend the buyer reach out to the seller using their contact information posted on our website. We hope this information answers your question. As always, if you need help or have questions about Proxibid, please visit our Contact Us page at the bottom of our website or call us toll-free at 877-505-7770. One of our friendly Client Services Professionals will be happy to help. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and assist with our commitment to excellence. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the Marketplace! Gabriel S. Proxibid & APN Payment Network Customer Support Supervisor

By Proxibid I. [Proxibid, Inc. Rep] on 8/12/16
Helpful answer

Perhaps you should contact proxibid. This is a review site.

By Mullis F. on 9/11/15
Helpful answer

First check Proxibid's master list of sports memorabilia vendors/COAs, etc and see if you can sell them at all. There are many companies that both eBay and Proxibid have strictly prohibited the sale of on their websites due to the enormous amount of fraud. If all is good, I am not aware of any template, but an Excel spreadsheet is probably the easiest way I can think of.

By Robin F. on 7/19/15
Helpful answer

Never ever bid on your own items unless you plan to purchase them. Had you run someone up, that would be considered bid rigging and it is illegal. The auction company has the right to invoice you for the items you bought, even if they are yours. The good news (if you see it that way) is that you should get some of that money back in your consignment check. Once items are under contract the auction company can and most likely will sell them. It all depends on when your do not sell list reached the auction. That is between you and them, if they were advertised, if there were pre-bids. Lots of factors apply. I hope for you that it worked out okay.

By Robin F. on 6/29/15
Questions? Get answers from the Proxibid, Inc. staff and other customers.

Proxibid, Inc.?