Review of Proxibid, Inc.

Tel: (877) 505-7770 / (402) 505-7770
info@proxibid.com

charlesj67
5/30/17

Love everything about Proxibid. I only have a problem with the auction company Michael F Dillard because they seriously over charge everyone for shipping

andyd40
5/25/17

quick, secure and convenient. have had nothing but great service from proxibid. not much more to say than that.

curtisf12
5/24/17

I was the unfortunate buyer of a worn out road grader from this company. I was told it was ready to work and everything on it worked fine, no discrepancies were noted, NONE!. In good faith I bought this heap of scrap metal. No brakes, hydraulic leaks all over, exhaust leaks bad, transmission don't engage, just a worn out piece of metal....Buyer beware of this company, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE AN ON-LINE PURCHASER!!!!!

terryb127
5/22/17

Thank you! Was easy to bid ~always knew what your bid was and if it was time to bid higher. Was very thorough from start to finish.

jeffb204
5/22/17

great jobs they was nice guns. i got just what i thought i would get . i am looking other guns . will buy more from this site .

tonyl103
5/22/17

I know Proxibid has many favorable ratings and that's because most auctioneers are honest. However, issues can arised very simply and for sizable dollars and when they do its buyer beware, you are on your own. As per the following simple and not unordinary transaction via Proxibid, when an issue arose, Proxibid was unwilling to intervene or even attempt to assist on my behalf. I purchased several items for over $800. During the auction via live chat I questioned the specific auctioneer (Omega Auctions) regarding the authenticity. They replied that if they were not as represented they were returnable but shipping was on me. I was good with that. The items arrived and all were fake. For example, while they appeared to have petina, according to a local jeweler the watches all supposedly from late 1800's were cheap reproductions. Then the three supposedly authentic Nazi knives all had "China" stamped on the blades and the supposedly authentic vintage posters were all done via a modern inkjet printer. I called ahead to Omega, was told to return them, did so as advised, then via email and recorded voicemails (proof retained) confirmed that Omega received the items, returned them to the owner and got the money returned to them. Omega, advised me the money would be in my account within days. I have this via e-mail and voicemail. It's thee weeks later and I have yet to see a penny returned to me. The auctioneer (Omega) don't answer their phones any longer. I reached out to Proxibid for help and was told...sorry, you're on your own! My position with Proxibid is that they have direct phone numbers to Omega and have greater influence and leverage over Omega as well as organizations they allow on their site, but they won't even try to help me. They simply state, they only provbider the site or auction platform as the vehicle for buying and selling. It is my opinion that like other similar sites and administrators involved in such transactions by which they receive funds, Proxibid needs to vet these orginzations better to protect their buyers. Additionally that they need to make a good faith effort to try to hold the auctioneers they allow on their site responsible to honor their commitment to the buyers. Like eBay, PayPal, Amazon etc. they need to have recourse built into their agreements with these organizations when such circumstances exist and they will get involved to help both buyers and sellers when a dispute arises. Based on my experience none of this is the case with Proxibid. In fact, according to Proxibid directly, they do not. At this point, I haven't the merchandise nor the refund...I'm on my own!!!

kennethm84
5/19/17

This was my first experience with proxibid. It has been a great learning exercise for me. I will be back in the future to use your service.

brentb44
5/18/17

Proxibid is really neat. I really like it. I like the entire process--the catalog, email updates, and delivery of product. The only thing I would like, that caused me a little problem, was that there was not a map or how-to-get-to directions on the email receipt. I don't like having to go back to the catalog to find some directions.

robertp271
5/18/17

had a good experience, you could send a list of won items. overall my wife and I had a very good time bidding.

lannyh10
5/18/17

Well informed experience with Proxibid. Had no problems and was kept posted on the bidding process. The shipping information and process's could stand improvement. The shipping information should be processed up front.

manuele9
5/18/17

Two weeks I wating for my things, supposedly they will shipping but nothing. Terrible service
Very good to take the money ):(

chetr3
5/17/17

Ron and his staff are always helpful. Great Auction, happy with the prices and the inventory is awesome. Very happy. Thanks

williamm304
5/17/17

I really enjoyed the online bidding process. Items were exactly as pictured. Great option for times when there is no auctions close to home.

blained14
5/17/17

I've had nothing but a positive experience using proxibid and would definitely not hesitate to use it again.

johnh380
5/16/17

The site works well, they followed up quickly with my questions. Bidding was easy and confirmation fast.

johnh700
5/16/17

The web site is great and easy to use. great descriptions of auction item. easy to bid. thanks for keeping me in the loop.

robertl273
5/16/17

Very easy to use and a great selection of items to buy! I found something for my NASCAR collection on one auction and some jewelry for my wife on another auction!

stevenb178
5/16/17

As far as auctioneers and their staffs go these people are very good at what they do and their service is always friendly and efficient, I have no problems at all dealing with them or questioning their service.

burrm18
5/16/17

Hands on from your Staff, they let me know that the tractor I bid on was not available for 4 months so we pulled out on that machine so I give them a 11 rating

matthewg82
5/16/17

Easy registration to start with, bidding process was very easy, easy checkout, very streamlined! I will definitely use the service again.

patricial91
5/16/17

Very pleasant evening bidding and watching other bids. Quite exciting when two possibly valuable paintings were about to close! No problems at all.

bobd134
5/16/17

Proxibid does an amazing job with following the correct protocol in settling a dispute. Their recommendations were right on and my claim was settled correctly and did not need any further action! I love this service! Thank you!

tommym63
5/16/17

Smooth bidding, Easy use of web service. Wonderful customer service. Fast response with receipts. I would recommend this site to anyone.

huguesl1
5/16/17

Will use them again for sure. Excellent auction systeme and very easy to use. The only thing that need to be lightly improved is the search module which is a pain sometime.

dalew41
5/16/17

I am happy with proxibid. I really like that I can put a max bid in and go on with my work and it takes care of itself.

Helpful answer

Proxibid refuses to answer my email.

By Arnold H. on 8/15/15
Helpful answer

You can end up winning the item anywhere between your initial bid and your high bid. Very often we see the pre-bids are outbid, especially if there is a live onsite crowd. Best advice is to put only the amount you feel good about paying and not a dollar more. When you can, participate live. Not only is it fun, but you can enter your bids as the increments go up. Always be sure your computer is working, close things you do not need running in the background. Also, keep in mind if your max bid is 500, someone onsite might win it for 500-dollars and you are outbid, even though the dollar amount is the same. This happens when you are the highest bidder at 475 and the last bidder happens to be someone in the crowd at 500-dollars. In those cases, it might be good for the person running the Proxibid application to know that you are a max bidder for 500 as well, so they can fight to get your bid in first, before an onsite ringer beats you to it. At that point the onsite bidder has to outbid you for 525, if that is what the increment still is. When you are live online it's really a lot of fun and probably makes much more sense, especially when there is audio, what is going on and why you might be paying your max. If you ever feel treated unfairly as an online bidder, contact Proxibid and also contact the auctioneer for whatever company you are using and ask how you ended up at your max. Hope this helps! Proxibid is supposed to be a fun, easy and enjoyable experience.

By Robin F. on 9/29/15
Helpful answer

Great question. Proxibid will usually have you start with the seller and try to work that out. The wording of the description is going to be extremely important. For instance, did the item come with a defect that was not mentioned? Or did the item have a defect and the item was listed as in defect free or perfect condition? That would be a big difference. Many times an auction company might inform you ahead of time that they do not guarantee or know everything about the item, but will include what they do know or have discovered about the item and take as many photos of the item as possible to give the bidder an opportunity to make their own decision. In which case, the item would be considered as described. If the item was listed as blue and it's red, well then it is NOT as described. If the item was listed as in good working condition and it IS NOT, then it is not as described. Many times the buyer may be able to come to an agreement, so I would start by contacting the seller. If the Terms and Conditions as well as photos and description of the items are not accurate, then I would keep pursuing the issue with Proxibid. They will continue to purse the issue with the seller to get it rectified...IF you are correct. Let me know if I can be of further advice.

By Robin F. on 9/6/15
Helpful answer

I see this is an old post-but perhaps my response will be useful: My answer to your question is going to be quite similar to most, and that is read the terms and conditions for that auction company. In order to participate in a Proxibid auction, a bidder must have read and then agreed to the terms. It's a legally binding contract between seller and buyer. If you back out on something you purchased, you can be sued. First, I would contact the auction company and see if they will let you out of the sale. There is always the possibility. Second, if you found legitimate information that they are fraudulent, or something of similar concern, you might have a leg to stand on. I would share that research with a member of Proxibid's risk management department. Has your credit card been charged? If not, you may want to put a hold on it, until you figure out what you are going to do. Do not delay in contacting Proxibid, as the auction company may report you to Proxibid for non-payment and you will be black flagged. This means you may lose all your bids on other Proxibid auctions and lose the ability to participate in other auctions until the black flag is removed. Lastly, perhaps everything is fine and the items you won are a success story for you. It's been awhile since you posted this. Hope it all worked out!

By Robin F. on 3/11/12
Helpful answer

James L., Thank you for using SiteJabber to notify Proxibid of your concern/question. There are several methods to find sellers using the Proxibid platform. To obtain a list of all sellers, hover over the Browse By option just under the blue banner on our home page. Hovering over this option will allow you to select Company. When using this option, you can search for a company alphabetically, by name, by country, or by state. Alternatively, to obtain more specific search results to a category, such as Coins & Currency for example, from our home page, click on the Coins & Currency option within the left-hand column on the home screen. Hovering over Categories using the banner bar and selecting Coins & Currency will lead you to the same results. On the Category Page, you can tailor your search based on subcategories, selling format, date of event, location, or upcoming events. On this page, we also list our Premier and Top sellers. As different sellers on the Proxibid platform can occasionally sell items within other categories, for example, an estate sale may have coins listed within a catalog, we do not publicly sort sellers based on their specific type of, or legally registered, business industry. We hope this information answers your question and addresses your concern. As always, if you need help or have specific questions about Proxibid, please visit the Contact Us page at the bottom of our website or call us toll-free at 877-505-7770. One of our friendly Client Services Professionals will be happy to help. Again, thank you for assisting with our commitment to excellence. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on Proxibid! Gabriel S. Proxibid & APN Payment Network Customer Support Supervisor

By Proxibid I. [Proxibid, Inc. Rep] on 4/9/17
Helpful answer

Denny, Thank you for using SiteJabber to notify Proxibid of your concern/question. Proxibid joins buyers and sellers together in the safest place online to purchase highly valued items. Sellers on Proxibid must adhere to a myriad of local, state, and federal, banking, auctioneer, and consumer protection guidelines, rules, regulations, and/or laws depending on the types and locations of sales they are conducting and items they are selling. These reputable sellers business models can change based on various consignment agreements, estate requirements, federal contracts, and more. Proxibid makes as much of your experience with sellers as transparent as possible by providing sellers Terms of Sales and appropriate Proxibid disclosures, when applicable. When participating in an event, a buyer agrees to the Proxibid Unified User Agreement and the sellers specific Terms of Sale posted for each event. Terms of Sale will vary from seller to seller and from event to event; therefore, Proxibid encourages buyers to carefully review the Terms of Sale tab within the catalog to understand the legal provisions they are agreeing to when participating in each event. When a seller has requested to place bids in their own events or to see bidders maximum bids, Proxibid will place clear disclaimers at the top of the events Terms of Sale, respective to the sellers specific request. You will notice only a few sellers engage in these activities. Although we do not have full control over the sellers, we make every effort to ensure all buyers are aware of which sellers are bidding in their auctions or reviewing maximum bids. The disclaimers are as follows: PLEASE READ: At the request of the auction company, this auction permits bids to be placed by the auctioneer, an employee of the auctioneer, or the seller or an agent on the seller's behalf. While Proxibid's Unified User Agreement prohibits this behavior, in accordance with UCC 2-328, this auction is permitted to engage in this activity by providing this clear disclosure to you, the bidder. PLEASE READ: This auction company has requested and been granted access to see all bids placed including any maximum pre-bids. This auction is permitted to engage in this activity by providing this clear disclosure to you, the bidder. While Proxibid does not fully agree with allowing sellers to bid in their own auctions, there are numerous scenarios where this activity is completely legitimate and necessary. Additionally, the seller is not engaging in illegal or fraudulent activity in accordance with Uniform Commercial Code 2-328, paragraph 4, as the disclosure is transparently being provided to participating buyers as part of the Terms of Sale, and buyers can choose whether or not to participate in the sale with this advanced knowledge. Legitimate scenarios Proxibid comes across when a seller chooses to bid in their sale would be to represent bids for certain bidder demographics including buyers who placed an absentee bid directly with the seller prior to the sale by phone or in person, representing bids from alternate platforms or marketplaces, or buyers with limited or no access to an internet connection during live or timed bidding, such as those traveling or in rural locations. We highly discourage sellers from running up bid amounts or manipulating bid increments in a deceptive manner and will take appropriate administrative action when identified. When a seller has requested to review maximum bids, covered in Section 3.5 of the Proxibid Unified User Agreement, Proxibid has identified this action is not requested for deceitful purposes, but rather to help protect the platform. We have seen sellers reach out to buyers who erroneously placed maximum bids in wrong amounts to correct the bid, preventing them from being held to a higher amount (example: buyer placed a $1,000 bid instead of $10.00). Another scenario is typically seen when an auctioneer wants to ensure Proxibid internet bids are faithfully represented when onsite or other internet bids are frenetically coming in during a timed or live event. For example, preventing delays between a ringman relaying bids between the auctioneer and/or operator of the Proxibid software application. The same can be true if the seller uses another platform in addition to Proxibid to receive bids. Additionally, many sellers do not treat the maximum bid information received from Proxibid any different than receiving an absentee bid directly from a bidder onsite, by phone, or from another platform. We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with sellers having the ability to take this action; however, Proxibid actively monitors sellers engaging in this activity to ensure the disclaimers are present and to determine if there are indications of fraudulent behavior, at which point we will take appropriate administrative action, and ensure we continue to offer a fair platform buyers can continue to trust. We hope this information answers your question and addresses your concern. As always, if you need help or have questions about Proxibid, please visit our Contact Us page at the bottom of our website or call us toll-free at 877-505-7770. One of our friendly Client Services Professionals will be happy to help. Again, thank you for assisting with our commitment to excellence. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the Marketplace! Gabriel S. Proxibid & APN Payment Network Customer Support Supervisor

By Proxibid I. [Proxibid, Inc. Rep] on 2/28/17
Helpful answer

Thank you for your inquiry Jerry, Thank you for using SiteJabber to notify Proxibid of your concern/question. Proxibid is the Marketplace; joining buyers and sellers to purchase highly valued items. When agreeing to participate in an event, a buyer agrees to the specific Terms of Sale the seller has posted for that event. Terms can vary from seller to seller and from event to event, so please take a moment to carefully review the Terms of Sale tab when examining an events catalog or a sellers item. If a buyer needs further clarification on the Terms of Sale, we recommend the buyer reach out to the seller using their contact information posted on our website. We hope this information answers your question. As always, if you need help or have questions about Proxibid, please visit our Contact Us page at the bottom of our website or call us toll-free at 877-505-7770. One of our friendly Client Services Professionals will be happy to help. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and assist with our commitment to excellence. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the Marketplace! Gabriel S. Proxibid & APN Payment Network Customer Support Supervisor

By Proxibid I. [Proxibid, Inc. Rep] on 8/12/16
Helpful answer

Perhaps you should contact proxibid. This is a review site.

By Mullis F. on 9/11/15
Helpful answer

First check Proxibid's master list of sports memorabilia vendors/COAs, etc and see if you can sell them at all. There are many companies that both eBay and Proxibid have strictly prohibited the sale of on their websites due to the enormous amount of fraud. If all is good, I am not aware of any template, but an Excel spreadsheet is probably the easiest way I can think of.

By Robin F. on 7/19/15
Helpful answer

Never ever bid on your own items unless you plan to purchase them. Had you run someone up, that would be considered bid rigging and it is illegal. The auction company has the right to invoice you for the items you bought, even if they are yours. The good news (if you see it that way) is that you should get some of that money back in your consignment check. Once items are under contract the auction company can and most likely will sell them. It all depends on when your do not sell list reached the auction. That is between you and them, if they were advertised, if there were pre-bids. Lots of factors apply. I hope for you that it worked out okay.

By Robin F. on 6/29/15
Questions? Get answers from the Proxibid, Inc. staff and other customers.

Proxibid, Inc.?