Review of Pogo

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

davidt257
4/21/17

Terrible website. Constant crashes on Scrabble. Can't play a complete game. Wouldn't even consider paying money to play on this site.

vivianl41
4/21/17

I enjoy playing games online, but the games load and play slowly and often freeze up. I don't mind ads, but considering the speed problems on top of it...ain't nobody got time for that. I'll just play games on my phone instead.

claired42
4/13/17

I have been a customer for more than 12 years. Suddenly pogo tells me they don't recognize my user name or my password. There is no way to get into the site to correct this so my recent renewal doesn't work. Since it seems that I have lost my money I won't get roped in again.

stanw26
4/10/17

They are thieves to they charged me $119.00 for gems that i didn't order. When i complained they said i had to pay $10.99 to pay for gems i used before they would refund my money idid and i still don't have my money back this was over a month ago. Stay away from this site.

lowelll15
4/8/17

What a disappointment POGO is. Played some Hasbro board games i enjoy playing for free. I can live with all the advertisement when it is free. I thought the slow loading or not loading at all was do to the advertisements. The hook form POGO is to become a member in Club POGO to avoid the advertisement. So the fish that i am the hook was set and i coughed up the yearly $40 to join. All along thinking i would now be able to play the Hasbro board games without disruptions. WRONG!! Although now there was no interruptions with advertisements, the site would still freeze up or not even load up the game at all. Thank goodness i had a 30 day free trial with my membership before my credit card was charged, because it only took me 2 days of not being able to even play one game before i canceled my membership. My suggestion is that seeing all these complaints with obviously no resolve, is to start sending Hasbro our complaints. I'm sure that Hasbro would look into protecting their names reputation & licenses that are under the EA umbrella. If POGO were to lose this license they would just fade away and be a site of the past. If you are writting a complaint be sure to add Hasbro's name.
LL

carolynr40
4/6/17

Pogo used to be a great , fun place. It has gone downhill for several years now. Tech support was always lousy and is even worse now.They dance you all around and want to change setting on your pc.It doesn't matter what they do it takes 10 to 15 minutes to get into Scrabble. Why? It didn't used to be like that.
There hasn't been a new game for my Ipad in 7 years.Same five games. If anyone knows a better site for Scrabble please let me know. Maybe I can get my 40 bucks back?

joeyl23
3/23/17

Why does one site need to install 42 cookies on your machine .. Talking about spyware. And the Mods just Plain Suck at pogo am glad I gave this place UP ..
Peace Out!!

miket174
3/22/17

tried to download w google chrome cant ok tried i explorer cant i quit used to have it years ago it was fine.ill bet young guns have it now trying to re envent the wheel progress mmmmmmm NOT

randallw14
3/17/17

Hit and mostly miss. This site is like Trump and his family (sic). Why has the world bothered? "Please enter a hundred characters," about what?

tammyh60
3/17/17

I can't pay anymore for games It used to be fun. The games never load. I am done with this site. Don't waste your money.

kats51
3/14/17

Pogo sucks.. why aren't you people working on the site problems as in can't sign in, games won't load, getting booted constantly, mouse freezing, games freezing instead of telling us to update this, clear out that, reload this all the BS that we constantly do and it still doesn't work Even bought a new computer with windows 10 and Pogo works even worse that ever. Concept is great, performance not even worth mentioning let alone paying for. Been on computer for 3 hours before a game even loaded. Yep, Pogo sucks worse and worse every day.

melanier39
2/12/17

I've been a customer since 2004, but now the games have tech trouble (mostly loading, etc.) and they just send "nice" replies and do nothing. Another growing problem is the people who just want to get high scores using all sorts of apps, some of which cause their totals to run up continuously. This doesn't seem to alarm Pogo at all, it will only get worse.

justm33
2/12/17

As a pogo player since 2002 I have decided to no longer be a member.
EA I believe has made this site what it is today. All things must end.

doch22
2/11/17

This site does not even deserve a 1-star rating but that's the minimum you can give it. Several years ago I was a paid member of Pogo but was not satisfied, so I canceled the membership. Recently I got back on Pogo to play free as a non-member. Monopoly & several other games kept freezing up. I was getting frustrated with being in the middle of a good game of Monopoly and having the site freeze up. I know it says on the site that to avoid commercial breaks you need to upgrade to paid membership. Today I called customer service and spoke to a man with a thick accent. I told him the problem & asked if Pogo did things just to mess up the game so you would upgrade to paid membership. Get this ... his answer was YES. I told him I was going to give Pogo a negative review online. Don't waste your time with Pogo.

Tip for consumers: Like I said, don't waste your time. I would give a big ZERO if I could.

dorcasm1
2/11/17

I have been a non-paying member for years and they did something to the site. It started out you couldn't use Firefox. Internet Explorer was recommended. That was terrible. I switched to Chrome and their site declared they wouldn't support Chrome either. The site is so slow that isn't enough patience to try to play their games. If you want to have fun on the internet, do not play on the Pogo site!

andrewr95
2/10/17

I was playing a game, and was interrupted by a 10 minute commercial!!! TEN! After that: the game time'd out. Huge thumbs DOWN.

andil4
2/7/17

The past few months, or so, I have been experiencing a slowly loading website with slowly loading games. A few times, I have waited for over 20 minutes for a few games to load. I see that they haven't taken advice from their loyal users that their website is a pile of junk.

wandab34
1/30/17

It takes $70 to cancel the service! It's just a way to get your money. They are bigger than a worthless thief!

cherylh71
1/23/17

POGO SPIKE, STOP SENDING ME POGO CLUB OFFERS!! Your server SUCKS!! I WAS a POGO paid member. Even after you join, POGO wants more money to play the game. $$ for crystals to play the "MEMBER ONLY" games that you joined to play!! Then the BS error messages. Compatibility problems? I'm playing your games with no problem. Sign out of POGO, come back later and, the VERY SAME game I played earlier, is NOW telling me I have RESOLUTION COMPATIBILITY errors, the very same computer I played last week on, the same computer I was playing on earlier this day, I can no longer play the very same game I was playing earlier, now has "Compatibility" problems?. I go on your little forums and complain, SAME COMPUTER AS EARLIER! SAME RESOLUTION AS EARLIER!! WTF? After complaining of Resolution Errors, I start getting "SPIKE SERVER ERROR" messages. According to "SPIKE POGO", your servers are to BUSY and CANNOT HANDLE the Players that are trying to play!! You fix your servers & the little Error messages and I may join/play POGO again, NOT!

patrickc93
1/21/17

i understand that you need ads if games are free, but to play Risk, there is basically a 1-minute ad for every minute of game play. and.... the programming sucks so bad that the ads are usually just dead space, with a penalty timer. this website used to be fine, and now sucks donkey testicles.

donc83
12/31/16

your 'SPADES' game never lets you finish. The game "freezez: after 400 tokens are earned. Naturally it takes 500 to win the game! So, you can never ever win this game!!!!!!!POGO REALLY SUCKS IN SPADES~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barbarat68
12/15/16

POGO make a mistake and make me pay for it... they sold me a Dice city bundle for 60 gems and won't give credit back for what I already owned and wasn't suppose to repurchase, told me they will not credit 60 gems and I said will not spend a fortune on them ever again so the blocked my update on their forum.

janh72
11/1/16

I subscribed to get rid of ads but the price increased to $23 a month which is ridiculous. The ads are so annoying the site is useless.

justm31
9/5/16

Sadly after years of being a paid player I signed off. It has changed. Is it EA? I dont know. It is like a dead horse. Just get off it.

funnyg
7/21/16

If you want to cancel your membership try to find a way to get to their live chat, as the cancel link on their website does not work. Google "how to cancel pogo", or try this link: www.help.ea.com

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

22 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Pogo staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question