Review of Pogo

brooks194
9/17/17

POGO SHOULD BE POGOAWAY. POGO HAS BECOME POSSIBLY THE WORST GAME SITE ON THE INTERNET - PERIOD, YOU CANT COMMUNICATE WITH THE ADMINISTRATION, I KNOW OF NO ONE THAT HAS WON A PRIZE, YET THEY CONTINUOUSLY ANNOUNCE WINNERS, AT ONE TIME THEY WERE OKAY SEVERAL YEARS AGO, I GUESS THEY MADE THEIR MONEY NOW THEY DONT GIVE A DAMN. POGO SHOULD BE REMOVED PERMANENTLY..I SURE WISH THAT FLIPSIDE GAMES NEVER LEFT, THAT SITE WAS AWESOME. POGO, DO US ALL A FAVOR AND REMOVE YOUR GAME SITE.......NOW!!!!

kristeng17
9/16/17

I play cribbage and the game is obviously fixed. You get the same cards your opponent is dealt a lot of times. You get very unrealistic hands like 4 of a kind,or one person gets no better than 8 hands while the other gets 16 and 24 hands. When all four 5's are dealt in a hand twice in a row something is fishy. Internet Explorer always quits or freezes. People create multiple accounts so they can play each other to up their rating since they can't get it with the rigged games. And the trolls and fighting. Even if you report someone and they get suspended they just create a new account. Men think it is a dating site and are always sex talking you and hitting on you. With the fake hands and crappy customer service it is not even fun to play anymore.

jeromem40
9/15/17

Constant freezes game loging you out very slow loading, crashes, screen disapearing ect.this is the worst game site i have ever played on and its been like this fot years with no attemp to even try to fix it

pdm
9/9/17

pogo has their picks,I get crappy cards every time I play spades, or hearts, people do cheat the opponents have friends be your partner and deliberately cause you to lose.But thanks to the we are special Mozilla fire fox people cant play pogo any more not compatible with pogo.Google chrome the same but not as bad, I E, 11 crashes and freezes up, some one else needs to get programing better than Microsoft's crap

chrissys13
9/9/17

EA took over pogo and my friend got cheated out of money. EA took money out of your account without premission and didn't even active her Pogo account. When she called and talked to a guy from EA he ended up putting a virus on her computer that crashed her computer completely. And she is out of a computer and No pogo renewal. She says Thank you for the betrayal.

maddyl3
9/3/17

Waste of time to play rated card games.. no skill.. just sit in right side.. How can 2 players on a team always get it all.. And players wonder why so many fights and cheating.. U have to cheat to at least try and even the scores and make fair fames.. Leave it up to Pogo program.. U don't stand a chance.. treats a 4 player rated game like its 2.. Don't waste your time doing rated ones.. Its handed to one side ONLY

dianaw74
8/3/17

CONSTANT problems with games not loading! I've been a member for years and it's worse than I've ever seen. Find another gaming site, this one has really gone downhill.

shirleec
8/2/17

I haven't been able to loan some of the games for a time now. Yesterday POGO changed the format of Crossword Cove the "English" version (or that is my understanding). This is the deciding factor in not renewing my subscription for another year - and I have been a subscriber for approximately 10 years. It really is too bad.

heatherb180
8/2/17

I used to play Pogo long ago, decided to revisit today and omfg What Happened!?!? This site has gone off into the ditch since I've last played! After spending an hour just trying to get the games to run at all, when I was finally lucky enough to get ones to work, the insane amount of ads popping up every minute slows the page to an unusable point. I found that 8 times out of 10, after an ad plays, it is supposed to take you back to the game you were in the middle of but no such luck! You get booted! I'm sorry I spent the time creating a profile because it will never be used again! Stay away. There are WAY better game sites out there.

jd249
7/28/17

It typically takes up to 45 minutes of repeated tries to get a damn game to load these days. ...that's IF you can get your game to load at all. I'd rather be playing games on someone else's website than wasting my time repeatedly asking POGO to please let me into their game rooms. The games used to be fast loading and fun but apparently POGO just doesn't care anymore about their paying members actually being able to play. I'd pass POGO by and keep looking for another game site if I were you. That's exactly what I am doing.

charlottea20
7/28/17

games again will not load, happened a few weeks back for 4 days, can not play any in my tournament again. I will not renew pogo after years of paying

darcyw5
7/26/17

This site used to be great. I've been a member off and on since 15 years ago at least. My laptop is 2 years old. I have Mozilla and Explorer. Neither works. Neither will open a game window. Thank goodness I paid with PayPal. I don't know why they had to change everything. I used to be able to play any game I wanted. Then they make you jump through hoops depending on what browser you use, and they STILL don't work.

wandam35
6/28/17

why does people talk bad about pogo and why would any one wont to play or pay for something that is talked about so badly and every thing i read is true for it happen to me

montew7
6/25/17

Pogo use to be great, then they started partnering with other on line game sites and started going to H&((&. Seems like every month a new problem comes up with another game, it's either the browser or the game format (Java, HTML, or whatever). Now I started using Opera browser and the only game site I have a problem with is pogo. Opera has it's own game software interface which works with all game structures that I have tried, except some games on Pogo. I will not renew my subscription after I think 10 years of paying to play, without anything in return other than getting a new notice from Pogo that my browser or I am not using the correct interface software or OS to play the stupid game. Am so fed up with the crap from Pogo.

mo9068
6/21/17

Sick of the bull$#*! of POGO. THEY DONT $#*!ING CARE. I pay for club yet I don't get what I pay for. Any idiot can report a person and they will suspend you. So 3 times and you are banned forever. They do that so we will pay for a new account. They should be sued. Games don't work: There are some idiots who free the the lobbies with programs. Especially High Stakes Pool room 020. Pogo doesn't give a $#*!. Have informed them. Others have also. They JUST DONT CARE. Many other complaints. I have a screen name that was suspended twice by idiots. Should have been been back after a week. Still banned. its been over a year now. They rob you of your money. DONT GO TO POGO. Its a bad game site. If you need help you are taken to foreign countries who have no clue of anything about the site. They don't speak English well, and well make you so angry. Save yourselves!!!!

ravenp3
6/11/17

I was a member of Club Pogo, but I got tired of paying for games that wouldn't work, so I unsubscribed and started playing for free. Now most of the games stop working halfway through, and I think they do that on purpose to try to get people to subscribe. Not only that, malware started loading on my computer during one of their advertisements, and I had a heck of a time removing it. I am staying far, far away from them from now on.

ginab72
6/5/17

I continue to get a message indicating that Pogo does not work well with Firefox and to install Internet Explorer 11. Internet Explorer is not a widely used browser anymore and why aren't your games being developed in the more up-to-date web browsers such as Chrome and Firefox? Pogo USED to be one of the best site on the internet...sadly not anymore. Another era bites the dust...

johnathans9
5/22/17

pogo use to be the best gaming site on the internet were over a billion of players played, but hackers to over and killed the game site by stealing players accounts, racking up purchase's on peoples bank cards were they have to paid for it and couldn't get a refund on there money which was BS. hopefully one day pogo will fix there site where hackers cant get into it and destroyed it like they did. they need to fix the glitches and bugs for the game so it wont freeze and maybe one day they will be back to what they use to be, they don't even deserved 1 star right now

ruthr51
4/30/17

pogo is a total waste. My account was hacked 2 weeks after i paid my membership. Tech support wanted to charge me 100.00 to close my account. Screw you people i will never pay you another dime.

maryj274
4/28/17

Pogo has gone downhill ... Way too many issues. Games will NOT load.. Games constantly Crash... They tell you to use the latest edition of internet explorer ... I have tried and tried... Just not worth it anymore.

davidt257
4/21/17

Terrible website. Constant crashes on Scrabble. Can't play a complete game. Wouldn't even consider paying money to play on this site.

vivianl41
4/21/17

I enjoy playing games online, but the games load and play slowly and often freeze up. I don't mind ads, but considering the speed problems on top of it...ain't nobody got time for that. I'll just play games on my phone instead.

claired42
4/13/17

I have been a customer for more than 12 years. Suddenly pogo tells me they don't recognize my user name or my password. There is no way to get into the site to correct this so my recent renewal doesn't work. Since it seems that I have lost my money I won't get roped in again.

stanw26
4/10/17

They are thieves to they charged me $119.00 for gems that i didn't order. When i complained they said i had to pay $10.99 to pay for gems i used before they would refund my money idid and i still don't have my money back this was over a month ago. Stay away from this site.

lowelll15
4/8/17

What a disappointment POGO is. Played some Hasbro board games i enjoy playing for free. I can live with all the advertisement when it is free. I thought the slow loading or not loading at all was do to the advertisements. The hook form POGO is to become a member in Club POGO to avoid the advertisement. So the fish that i am the hook was set and i coughed up the yearly $40 to join. All along thinking i would now be able to play the Hasbro board games without disruptions. WRONG!! Although now there was no interruptions with advertisements, the site would still freeze up or not even load up the game at all. Thank goodness i had a 30 day free trial with my membership before my credit card was charged, because it only took me 2 days of not being able to even play one game before i canceled my membership. My suggestion is that seeing all these complaints with obviously no resolve, is to start sending Hasbro our complaints. I'm sure that Hasbro would look into protecting their names reputation & licenses that are under the EA umbrella. If POGO were to lose this license they would just fade away and be a site of the past. If you are writting a complaint be sure to add Hasbro's name.
LL

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

I also cancelled and had to change my card so they could not charge me. This is a suck site and I would not ask or tell anyone to get it. I would say Stay! Away!

By Bertha M. on 11/11/15

CoIrision and greed

By Dino V. on 3/13/17
Helpful answer

They have no # and are living on your card. You will have to cancel your card to get rid of them or you will be charge again when the time come's to renew. They renew by your card #. Get another card to keep this from happening.

By Bertha M. on 9/15/16

Flooding the market.

By Larry k. on 9/1/15
Helpful answer

Hi. No. I play 4 years monopoly and the difficulty mode is the same. From EA dont care...And you pay if you are club member 39 dolars.

By alex p. on 8/3/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Pogo staff and other customers.

Pogo?