US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

melanier39
2/12/17

I've been a customer since 2004, but now the games have tech trouble (mostly loading, etc.) and they just send "nice" replies and do nothing. Another growing problem is the people who just want to get high scores using all sorts of apps, some of which cause their totals to run up continuously. This doesn't seem to alarm Pogo at all, it will only get worse.

justm33
2/12/17

As a pogo player since 2002 I have decided to no longer be a member.
EA I believe has made this site what it is today. All things must end.

doch22
2/11/17

This site does not even deserve a 1-star rating but that's the minimum you can give it. Several years ago I was a paid member of Pogo but was not satisfied, so I canceled the membership. Recently I got back on Pogo to play free as a non-member. Monopoly & several other games kept freezing up. I was getting frustrated with being in the middle of a good game of Monopoly and having the site freeze up. I know it says on the site that to avoid commercial breaks you need to upgrade to paid membership. Today I called customer service and spoke to a man with a thick accent. I told him the problem & asked if Pogo did things just to mess up the game so you would upgrade to paid membership. Get this ... his answer was YES. I told him I was going to give Pogo a negative review online. Don't waste your time with Pogo.

Tip for consumers: Like I said, don't waste your time. I would give a big ZERO if I could.

dorcasm1
2/11/17

I have been a non-paying member for years and they did something to the site. It started out you couldn't use Firefox. Internet Explorer was recommended. That was terrible. I switched to Chrome and their site declared they wouldn't support Chrome either. The site is so slow that isn't enough patience to try to play their games. If you want to have fun on the internet, do not play on the Pogo site!

andrewr95
2/10/17

I was playing a game, and was interrupted by a 10 minute commercial!!! TEN! After that: the game time'd out. Huge thumbs DOWN.

andil4
2/7/17

The past few months, or so, I have been experiencing a slowly loading website with slowly loading games. A few times, I have waited for over 20 minutes for a few games to load. I see that they haven't taken advice from their loyal users that their website is a pile of junk.

wandab34
1/30/17

It takes $70 to cancel the service! It's just a way to get your money. They are bigger than a worthless thief!

cherylh71
1/23/17

POGO SPIKE, STOP SENDING ME POGO CLUB OFFERS!! Your server SUCKS!! I WAS a POGO paid member. Even after you join, POGO wants more money to play the game. $$ for crystals to play the "MEMBER ONLY" games that you joined to play!! Then the BS error messages. Compatibility problems? I'm playing your games with no problem. Sign out of POGO, come back later and, the VERY SAME game I played earlier, is NOW telling me I have RESOLUTION COMPATIBILITY errors, the very same computer I played last week on, the same computer I was playing on earlier this day, I can no longer play the very same game I was playing earlier, now has "Compatibility" problems?. I go on your little forums and complain, SAME COMPUTER AS EARLIER! SAME RESOLUTION AS EARLIER!! WTF? After complaining of Resolution Errors, I start getting "SPIKE SERVER ERROR" messages. According to "SPIKE POGO", your servers are to BUSY and CANNOT HANDLE the Players that are trying to play!! You fix your servers & the little Error messages and I may join/play POGO again, NOT!

patrickc93
1/21/17

i understand that you need ads if games are free, but to play Risk, there is basically a 1-minute ad for every minute of game play. and.... the programming sucks so bad that the ads are usually just dead space, with a penalty timer. this website used to be fine, and now sucks donkey testicles.

donc83
12/31/16

your 'SPADES' game never lets you finish. The game "freezez: after 400 tokens are earned. Naturally it takes 500 to win the game! So, you can never ever win this game!!!!!!!POGO REALLY SUCKS IN SPADES~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barbarat68
12/15/16

POGO make a mistake and make me pay for it... they sold me a Dice city bundle for 60 gems and won't give credit back for what I already owned and wasn't suppose to repurchase, told me they will not credit 60 gems and I said will not spend a fortune on them ever again so the blocked my update on their forum.

janh72
11/1/16

I subscribed to get rid of ads but the price increased to $23 a month which is ridiculous. The ads are so annoying the site is useless.

justm31
9/5/16

Sadly after years of being a paid player I signed off. It has changed. Is it EA? I dont know. It is like a dead horse. Just get off it.

funnyg
7/21/16

If you want to cancel your membership try to find a way to get to their live chat, as the cancel link on their website does not work. Google "how to cancel pogo", or try this link: www.help.ea.com

josephm174
7/5/16

Yes get an 800 number to call for help. We pay $40.00 a year and get no help at all without paying. rediculous

ashonof
6/25/16

I would give it the four stars it would of deserved but when EA bought it it turned to dust. I loved playing battleship, monopoly, pucks peak, but now they either A: dont load, B: dont work: or C: the site* just sucks.

*Whoops I said game -_-

Tip for consumers: Don't buy Club Pogo

michaell200
5/19/16

It is a free games site with lots of interesting games. If you do not like it, you get what you pay for simples. As of the moment I am paying nothing so have no complaints. Stupid people

nancyb143
5/14/16

Pogo USED to be good. Now, not so much. Their "problem reporting" screens are just about useless. It is like pulling teeth to report a problem. No 800 number to actually "speak" to someone. Not worth the $40 a year anymore.

coleenen
5/1/16

why don't they make it easier to tell them what is wrong? They need better techs. Every time I hit the box that says run or cancel, it gives my computer a virus and I have to call my tech team.

deborahm87
4/15/16

I paid for Club Pogo until May 1st and they now have cancelled my Club Pogo as of 4/14/16 and I also bought more gems that day. I tried to get help but it was a nightmare and got someone who want me to do strange things on my computer. It's funny how easy they can take your money but when you have questions there is no one there to help! I am reporting them to my state governors office and anyone else that will listen.

michaelr220
4/6/16

If the moderators of Pogo's game forums do not like a topic or post you have made they will delete it. They will delete it without any reason why,no warning what so ever. Pogo made a slots game a weekly challenge,but when you try to play the game you get a message stating that the game is undergoing maintenance. Pogo makes a game a weekly challenge and then put it under maintenance?? I made a post on their games forum stating this and asked why. My post was deleted,so I posted it again and it was deleted again except this time I was told that my post was in violation of forum rules. So I asked why and that post was deleted.No reason as to why and no warning what so ever. That is very rude. I once had a problem with a page loading. I asked for help on the games forum page explaining the problem I was having. Their response was if the page loaded for them it loads for you. That is the level of help they give. Reminds me of a dictatorship.

jontya
3/31/16

I hadn't played this in a while i remember them having commercials once in a while but when i got on today it stopped the game every turn to play a long commercial and intermission. I also noticed that the game has not been improved in any way. The AI was ridicules and i lost every battle battle that i was even on with troops. This makes me wonder how well the dice roll actually works.

cadencem1
3/14/16

What an awful experience. It's hard to see for one and you can't even get through 3 numbers called before an advertisement interrupts your game.

ds146
3/10/16

Pogo has terrible support. Problem player Host_TMS_Golf allowed to lock lobby chat at whim with a program in several high stakes pool rooms. Mainly 020 and 045, the popular roons. Made many attempts to report this player. He comes in allows chat for a few minutes. Then tells the room he is about to freeze room. Loads program then leaves. Destroys the full playing experience for all. EA/pogo could care less about the reports and screen shots I have sent.

sheilam54
3/9/16

Maybe you would like to tell me WHY I should use your sight? It is both frustrating and REALLY..I should TRY to play a game just to have it not open? One would think with todays technology that you people making all the bucks would be able to figure out how we the consumer can play ANY game on pogo without having to do "this and that" come on people get your stuff together...you are supposed to be the experts!!!...well maybe.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

19 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Pogo staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question