Review of Pogo

Pogo reviews

Card Games, Games, Music & Entertainment

montew7
6/25/17

Pogo use to be great, then they started partnering with other on line game sites and started going to H&((&. Seems like every month a new problem comes up with another game, it's either the browser or the game format (Java, HTML, or whatever). Now I started using Opera browser and the only game site I have a problem with is pogo. Opera has it's own game software interface which works with all game structures that I have tried, except some games on Pogo. I will not renew my subscription after I think 10 years of paying to play, without anything in return other than getting a new notice from Pogo that my browser or I am not using the correct interface software or OS to play the stupid game. Am so fed up with the crap from Pogo.

mo9068
6/21/17

Sick of the bull$#*! of POGO. THEY DONT $#*!ING CARE. I pay for club yet I don't get what I pay for. Any idiot can report a person and they will suspend you. So 3 times and you are banned forever. They do that so we will pay for a new account. They should be sued. Games don't work: There are some idiots who free the the lobbies with programs. Especially High Stakes Pool room 020. Pogo doesn't give a $#*!. Have informed them. Others have also. They JUST DONT CARE. Many other complaints. I have a screen name that was suspended twice by idiots. Should have been been back after a week. Still banned. its been over a year now. They rob you of your money. DONT GO TO POGO. Its a bad game site. If you need help you are taken to foreign countries who have no clue of anything about the site. They don't speak English well, and well make you so angry. Save yourselves!!!!

ravenp3
6/11/17

I was a member of Club Pogo, but I got tired of paying for games that wouldn't work, so I unsubscribed and started playing for free. Now most of the games stop working halfway through, and I think they do that on purpose to try to get people to subscribe. Not only that, malware started loading on my computer during one of their advertisements, and I had a heck of a time removing it. I am staying far, far away from them from now on.

ginab72
6/5/17

I continue to get a message indicating that Pogo does not work well with Firefox and to install Internet Explorer 11. Internet Explorer is not a widely used browser anymore and why aren't your games being developed in the more up-to-date web browsers such as Chrome and Firefox? Pogo USED to be one of the best site on the internet...sadly not anymore. Another era bites the dust...

johnathans9
5/22/17

pogo use to be the best gaming site on the internet were over a billion of players played, but hackers to over and killed the game site by stealing players accounts, racking up purchase's on peoples bank cards were they have to paid for it and couldn't get a refund on there money which was BS. hopefully one day pogo will fix there site where hackers cant get into it and destroyed it like they did. they need to fix the glitches and bugs for the game so it wont freeze and maybe one day they will be back to what they use to be, they don't even deserved 1 star right now

ruthr51
4/30/17

pogo is a total waste. My account was hacked 2 weeks after i paid my membership. Tech support wanted to charge me 100.00 to close my account. Screw you people i will never pay you another dime.

maryj274
4/28/17

Pogo has gone downhill ... Way too many issues. Games will NOT load.. Games constantly Crash... They tell you to use the latest edition of internet explorer ... I have tried and tried... Just not worth it anymore.

davidt257
4/21/17

Terrible website. Constant crashes on Scrabble. Can't play a complete game. Wouldn't even consider paying money to play on this site.

vivianl41
4/21/17

I enjoy playing games online, but the games load and play slowly and often freeze up. I don't mind ads, but considering the speed problems on top of it...ain't nobody got time for that. I'll just play games on my phone instead.

claired42
4/13/17

I have been a customer for more than 12 years. Suddenly pogo tells me they don't recognize my user name or my password. There is no way to get into the site to correct this so my recent renewal doesn't work. Since it seems that I have lost my money I won't get roped in again.

stanw26
4/10/17

They are thieves to they charged me $119.00 for gems that i didn't order. When i complained they said i had to pay $10.99 to pay for gems i used before they would refund my money idid and i still don't have my money back this was over a month ago. Stay away from this site.

lowelll15
4/8/17

What a disappointment POGO is. Played some Hasbro board games i enjoy playing for free. I can live with all the advertisement when it is free. I thought the slow loading or not loading at all was do to the advertisements. The hook form POGO is to become a member in Club POGO to avoid the advertisement. So the fish that i am the hook was set and i coughed up the yearly $40 to join. All along thinking i would now be able to play the Hasbro board games without disruptions. WRONG!! Although now there was no interruptions with advertisements, the site would still freeze up or not even load up the game at all. Thank goodness i had a 30 day free trial with my membership before my credit card was charged, because it only took me 2 days of not being able to even play one game before i canceled my membership. My suggestion is that seeing all these complaints with obviously no resolve, is to start sending Hasbro our complaints. I'm sure that Hasbro would look into protecting their names reputation & licenses that are under the EA umbrella. If POGO were to lose this license they would just fade away and be a site of the past. If you are writting a complaint be sure to add Hasbro's name.
LL

carolynr40
4/6/17

Pogo used to be a great , fun place. It has gone downhill for several years now. Tech support was always lousy and is even worse now.They dance you all around and want to change setting on your pc.It doesn't matter what they do it takes 10 to 15 minutes to get into Scrabble. Why? It didn't used to be like that.
There hasn't been a new game for my Ipad in 7 years.Same five games. If anyone knows a better site for Scrabble please let me know. Maybe I can get my 40 bucks back?

joeyl23
3/23/17

Why does one site need to install 42 cookies on your machine .. Talking about spyware. And the Mods just Plain Suck at pogo am glad I gave this place UP ..
Peace Out!!

miket174
3/22/17

tried to download w google chrome cant ok tried i explorer cant i quit used to have it years ago it was fine.ill bet young guns have it now trying to re envent the wheel progress mmmmmmm NOT

randallw14
3/17/17

Hit and mostly miss. This site is like Trump and his family (sic). Why has the world bothered? "Please enter a hundred characters," about what?

tammyh60
3/17/17

I can't pay anymore for games It used to be fun. The games never load. I am done with this site. Don't waste your money.

kats51
3/14/17

Pogo sucks.. why aren't you people working on the site problems as in can't sign in, games won't load, getting booted constantly, mouse freezing, games freezing instead of telling us to update this, clear out that, reload this all the BS that we constantly do and it still doesn't work Even bought a new computer with windows 10 and Pogo works even worse that ever. Concept is great, performance not even worth mentioning let alone paying for. Been on computer for 3 hours before a game even loaded. Yep, Pogo sucks worse and worse every day.

melanier39
2/12/17

I've been a customer since 2004, but now the games have tech trouble (mostly loading, etc.) and they just send "nice" replies and do nothing. Another growing problem is the people who just want to get high scores using all sorts of apps, some of which cause their totals to run up continuously. This doesn't seem to alarm Pogo at all, it will only get worse.

justm33
2/12/17

As a pogo player since 2002 I have decided to no longer be a member.
EA I believe has made this site what it is today. All things must end.

doch22
2/11/17

This site does not even deserve a 1-star rating but that's the minimum you can give it. Several years ago I was a paid member of Pogo but was not satisfied, so I canceled the membership. Recently I got back on Pogo to play free as a non-member. Monopoly & several other games kept freezing up. I was getting frustrated with being in the middle of a good game of Monopoly and having the site freeze up. I know it says on the site that to avoid commercial breaks you need to upgrade to paid membership. Today I called customer service and spoke to a man with a thick accent. I told him the problem & asked if Pogo did things just to mess up the game so you would upgrade to paid membership. Get this ... his answer was YES. I told him I was going to give Pogo a negative review online. Don't waste your time with Pogo.

Tip for consumers: Like I said, don't waste your time. I would give a big ZERO if I could.

dorcasm1
2/11/17

I have been a non-paying member for years and they did something to the site. It started out you couldn't use Firefox. Internet Explorer was recommended. That was terrible. I switched to Chrome and their site declared they wouldn't support Chrome either. The site is so slow that isn't enough patience to try to play their games. If you want to have fun on the internet, do not play on the Pogo site!

andrewr95
2/10/17

I was playing a game, and was interrupted by a 10 minute commercial!!! TEN! After that: the game time'd out. Huge thumbs DOWN.

andil4
2/7/17

The past few months, or so, I have been experiencing a slowly loading website with slowly loading games. A few times, I have waited for over 20 minutes for a few games to load. I see that they haven't taken advice from their loyal users that their website is a pile of junk.

wandab34
1/30/17

It takes $70 to cancel the service! It's just a way to get your money. They are bigger than a worthless thief!

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

I also cancelled and had to change my card so they could not charge me. This is a suck site and I would not ask or tell anyone to get it. I would say Stay! Away!

By Bertha M. on 11/11/15

CoIrision and greed

By Dino V. on 3/13/17
Helpful answer

They have no # and are living on your card. You will have to cancel your card to get rid of them or you will be charge again when the time come's to renew. They renew by your card #. Get another card to keep this from happening.

By Bertha M. on 9/15/16
Helpful answer

I'm glad you enjoy this web site. They always make it sound like it's your computer with the problem. Most of the time it's not, so don't even try to fix it. I would suggest you find another free game site that listens to their players and is helpful when there is a problems.

By Denise F. on 11/9/15

Flooding the market.

By Larry k. on 9/1/15
Helpful answer

Hi. No. I play 4 years monopoly and the difficulty mode is the same. From EA dont care...And you pay if you are club member 39 dolars.

By alex p. on 8/3/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Pogo staff and other customers.

Pogo?