Review of Pogo

annieo11
1/12/18

Outdated games aimed at the elderly. Pogo presumes we all have a mentality of a 3 year old. Very difficult to communicate with staff; they respond in a condescending manner and if you are critical they can ban you from forums. High yearly membership cost for which you get to win worthless tokens and make up little avatars and collect stupid badges. (not real badges-- virtual badges.) To top that off- you can actually gift those badges to your loved one for Christmas or send them to friends Paid member are forced to buy things for cash if they like a game and want to play it. As lame as it gets. Stay away.

jacobs136
1/3/18

Still uses an outdated NPAPI plugin in Java that was no longer recognized by all the major browsers due to security reasons back in 2015. I have called customer support and they told me to try Google Chrome, then Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and then Microsoft Explorer 11. None of them can open the games I try to open on each browser. The only browser that could open 2/3 that I tried was Explorer 11, and Chrome actually opened 1 game once, but then not again for some reason.

Games are also really boring and slow even when they do load. For instance Texas Hold'em is so bad. Just go to pokerstars.net or any poker app and its just 500% better. Also their multiplayer Monopoly game only lets you play 35 turns and then it just calculates the game from where you're at. At that rate, why even play the game? Just let us click 1 of 4 slots, and simply run an algorithm and just determine the outcome of the entire game. That ruins the game, and its NOT Monopoly at all!

I like the idea but I hate the quality that you've had to lower it to, to combine all these games together. It apparently can't be done properly and affordably with all the licences you have to pay to get these games.

There's not even a simple difficulty option for games like checkers. You can't choose easy, medium, hard for the cpu (which I always have to play against because there also aren't very many players in some of the games, making it very very long of a wait to get an opponent).

By the way, sitejabber.com gave me this stupid cat avatar even though I chose nothing. Way to go sitejabber. Just posting images around randomly on other peoples profiles? Very professional.

jennym6
12/17/17

This site has a ton of games. Little by little the few I saved stop working. I'm down to only a small handful I actually play, one of them is called mahjong escape. Not long ago when you try to get on that game, the site sends you to an unrelated game. And good luck trying to find a way to report this. They do have a forum board but it's only user to user support. This is on their end so users can't do anything. Some people can get on, but reports of this glitch are many and there is no help to be found. Searching through google, (pogo is run by EA games) I managed to come up with a support contact page and submitted a ticket. To which I get back, in part,
copy;
"If you need an immediate fix to continue playing a game, go back to EA Help and select a topic other than Report a bug."

So if you have encountered a BUG you cannot send in a BUG REPORT?
How stupid is that?
A game linking into another game is a glitch ON THEIR END. It has nothing to do with browsers, cookies, cache or any of the usual nonsense support always sends. It's a bad link. Some programer was asleep and goofed. But with no way to contact anyone, there it sits.

And people actually PAY to be "premium" members on here?

Companies who make communication with their own customers impossible or next to impossible will always get a zero rating from me.

Oh.. I have had this same issue with games I bought and installed onto my computer. Support is nowhere to be found. I have avoided buying ANYTHING from EA games for a long time now. They just don't get it.
Play free, what little you can, or find something better somewhere else.

michaell359
11/9/17

I have been a member for some ten years and posted a joke which was deemed not politically correct and was warned, I bet it was not even a club member who reported me. I will not be told what jokes to tell and who to tell them too. Snowflakes can get lost. I have been a club pogo member and spent a lot of money on the site and this is how they treat paying customers. I have appealed and have heard nothing, sort it out or you will lose the few remaining customers you have left. While I still live in the West and we have freedom of speech here and not Sharia Law, I will use my rights. Humour and Levity are not offensive among my friends, only to the serially offended

dericc
10/28/17

I like pogo safari. Usually locks up, for no reason my end. MY PC is a business class pro PC and very clean. POGO is simply a waste. Their servers are corrupted or maybe left overs from the 1990's. I do not know. DO NOT EVER GIVE THEM MONEY TO "JOIN". I never will. BOO

brooks194
9/17/17

POGO SHOULD BE POGOAWAY. POGO HAS BECOME POSSIBLY THE WORST GAME SITE ON THE INTERNET - PERIOD, YOU CANT COMMUNICATE WITH THE ADMINISTRATION, I KNOW OF NO ONE THAT HAS WON A PRIZE, YET THEY CONTINUOUSLY ANNOUNCE WINNERS, AT ONE TIME THEY WERE OKAY SEVERAL YEARS AGO, I GUESS THEY MADE THEIR MONEY NOW THEY DONT GIVE A DAMN. POGO SHOULD BE REMOVED PERMANENTLY..I SURE WISH THAT FLIPSIDE GAMES NEVER LEFT, THAT SITE WAS AWESOME. POGO, DO US ALL A FAVOR AND REMOVE YOUR GAME SITE.......NOW!!!!

kristeng17
9/16/17

Why do the cribbage hands seem rigged? When four 5's are dealt twice in a game I call something fishy in Denmark,

jeromem40
9/15/17

Constant freezes game loging you out very slow loading, crashes, screen disapearing ect.this is the worst game site i have ever played on and its been like this fot years with no attemp to even try to fix it

pdm
9/9/17

pogo has their picks,I get crappy cards every time I play spades, or hearts, people do cheat the opponents have friends be your partner and deliberately cause you to lose.But thanks to the we are special Mozilla fire fox people cant play pogo any more not compatible with pogo.Google chrome the same but not as bad, I E, 11 crashes and freezes up, some one else needs to get programing better than Microsoft's crap

chrissys13
9/9/17

EA took over pogo and my friend got cheated out of money. EA took money out of your account without premission and didn't even active her Pogo account. When she called and talked to a guy from EA he ended up putting a virus on her computer that crashed her computer completely. And she is out of a computer and No pogo renewal. She says Thank you for the betrayal.

maddyl3
9/3/17

Waste of time to play rated card games.. no skill.. just sit in right side.. How can 2 players on a team always get it all.. And players wonder why so many fights and cheating.. U have to cheat to at least try and even the scores and make fair fames.. Leave it up to Pogo program.. U don't stand a chance.. treats a 4 player rated game like its 2.. Don't waste your time doing rated ones.. Its handed to one side ONLY

dianaw74
8/3/17

CONSTANT problems with games not loading! I've been a member for years and it's worse than I've ever seen. Find another gaming site, this one has really gone downhill.

shirleec
8/2/17

I haven't been able to loan some of the games for a time now. Yesterday POGO changed the format of Crossword Cove the "English" version (or that is my understanding). This is the deciding factor in not renewing my subscription for another year - and I have been a subscriber for approximately 10 years. It really is too bad.

heatherb180
8/2/17

I used to play Pogo long ago, decided to revisit today and omfg What Happened!?!? This site has gone off into the ditch since I've last played! After spending an hour just trying to get the games to run at all, when I was finally lucky enough to get ones to work, the insane amount of ads popping up every minute slows the page to an unusable point. I found that 8 times out of 10, after an ad plays, it is supposed to take you back to the game you were in the middle of but no such luck! You get booted! I'm sorry I spent the time creating a profile because it will never be used again! Stay away. There are WAY better game sites out there.

jd249
7/28/17

It typically takes up to 45 minutes of repeated tries to get a damn game to load these days. ...that's IF you can get your game to load at all. I'd rather be playing games on someone else's website than wasting my time repeatedly asking POGO to please let me into their game rooms. The games used to be fast loading and fun but apparently POGO just doesn't care anymore about their paying members actually being able to play. I'd pass POGO by and keep looking for another game site if I were you. That's exactly what I am doing.

charlottea20
7/28/17

games again will not load, happened a few weeks back for 4 days, can not play any in my tournament again. I will not renew pogo after years of paying

darcyw5
7/26/17

This site used to be great. I've been a member off and on since 15 years ago at least. My laptop is 2 years old. I have Mozilla and Explorer. Neither works. Neither will open a game window. Thank goodness I paid with PayPal. I don't know why they had to change everything. I used to be able to play any game I wanted. Then they make you jump through hoops depending on what browser you use, and they STILL don't work.

wandam35
6/28/17

why does people talk bad about pogo and why would any one wont to play or pay for something that is talked about so badly and every thing i read is true for it happen to me

montew7
6/25/17

Pogo use to be great, then they started partnering with other on line game sites and started going to H&((&. Seems like every month a new problem comes up with another game, it's either the browser or the game format (Java, HTML, or whatever). Now I started using Opera browser and the only game site I have a problem with is pogo. Opera has it's own game software interface which works with all game structures that I have tried, except some games on Pogo. I will not renew my subscription after I think 10 years of paying to play, without anything in return other than getting a new notice from Pogo that my browser or I am not using the correct interface software or OS to play the stupid game. Am so fed up with the crap from Pogo.

mo9068
6/21/17

Sick of the bull$#*! of POGO. THEY DONT $#*!ING CARE. I pay for club yet I don't get what I pay for. Any idiot can report a person and they will suspend you. So 3 times and you are banned forever. They do that so we will pay for a new account. They should be sued. Games don't work: There are some idiots who free the the lobbies with programs. Especially High Stakes Pool room 020. Pogo doesn't give a $#*!. Have informed them. Others have also. They JUST DONT CARE. Many other complaints. I have a screen name that was suspended twice by idiots. Should have been been back after a week. Still banned. its been over a year now. They rob you of your money. DONT GO TO POGO. Its a bad game site. If you need help you are taken to foreign countries who have no clue of anything about the site. They don't speak English well, and well make you so angry. Save yourselves!!!!

ravenp3
6/11/17

I was a member of Club Pogo, but I got tired of paying for games that wouldn't work, so I unsubscribed and started playing for free. Now most of the games stop working halfway through, and I think they do that on purpose to try to get people to subscribe. Not only that, malware started loading on my computer during one of their advertisements, and I had a heck of a time removing it. I am staying far, far away from them from now on.

ginab72
6/5/17

I continue to get a message indicating that Pogo does not work well with Firefox and to install Internet Explorer 11. Internet Explorer is not a widely used browser anymore and why aren't your games being developed in the more up-to-date web browsers such as Chrome and Firefox? Pogo USED to be one of the best site on the internet...sadly not anymore. Another era bites the dust...

johnathans9
5/22/17

pogo use to be the best gaming site on the internet were over a billion of players played, but hackers to over and killed the game site by stealing players accounts, racking up purchase's on peoples bank cards were they have to paid for it and couldn't get a refund on there money which was BS. hopefully one day pogo will fix there site where hackers cant get into it and destroyed it like they did. they need to fix the glitches and bugs for the game so it wont freeze and maybe one day they will be back to what they use to be, they don't even deserved 1 star right now

ruthr51
4/30/17

pogo is a total waste. My account was hacked 2 weeks after i paid my membership. Tech support wanted to charge me 100.00 to close my account. Screw you people i will never pay you another dime.

maryj274
4/28/17

Pogo has gone downhill ... Way too many issues. Games will NOT load.. Games constantly Crash... They tell you to use the latest edition of internet explorer ... I have tried and tried... Just not worth it anymore.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I also cancelled and had to change my card so they could not charge me. This is a suck site and I would not ask or tell anyone to get it. I would say Stay! Away!

By Bertha M.

CoIrision and greed

By Dino V.

They have no # and are living on your card. You will have to cancel your card to get rid of them or you will be charge again when the time come's to renew. They renew by your card #. Get another card to keep this from happening.

By Bertha M.

Flooding the market.

By Larry k.

Hi. No. I play 4 years monopoly and the difficulty mode is the same. From EA dont care...And you pay if you are club member 39 dolars.

By alex p.

Questions? Get answers from the Pogo staff and other customers.

Pogo?