Review of OkCupid

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

maxl44
5/25/17

I pay for it, and regret it. No work properly. Plenty of fake profiles
poor support and is not easy get a reply.
Use but please do not pay.
After first day, i remove my subscription. The app is just Meh..
Does not deserve to put a cent on it. Sucks as hell.

tomj129
5/23/17

Signed up to OkCupid last May ('16) so thats now been officially 1 year ive been using it. Decided to get a different membership this May (for wejustfit.com) but still using OkCupid for the moment. Keen to stick with it as ive had dates and met some lovely people but figure its time to try something different too. Here's hoping I find my queen! Wish me luck!!!! :-)

chicas
5/23/17

Although Id been on there about 2-3 years, most were fake users that I sussed out immediately. I did meet someone who I visited and came to visit me, but had his own issues to resolve with ex-wife...so that was that! other than that, I was deleted for being able to spot scammers that OKCupid could not! talk about 'biting the hand that feeds you' ....Shame on you OkCupid !! no backbone, just deleting someone to boost your egos is not the way to go!

ians98
5/17/17

This site is one of the worst I've used. Maybe for the select few in a heavily populated area it's alright, otherwise it's completely worthless.
I'm in a well populated area south of Boston. I fall into an age group that one would expect to find lots of single women. 35+, but there are very few users in that age group here. Quite honestly unless you pay for the premium membership, you cannot sort by physical preferences either. So you get age and distance and status.. that's it. If you like them petite, you have to wade through dozens of profiles of large women or men for that matter. If you want to see, blondes and redheads, fine but you also need to see all the dark haired folks. Kids, no kids, etc...

Worst of all are the distance issues. They show you "matches" literally 200 miles away like that's going to work for anyone.

Look, it's free and easy to use , but it's a total waste of time. 3 months here, very few emails, nobody reads the profile first. 90% of the users are either very undesirable visually or total snobs and never reply unless you meet the exact criteria. Too tightly focused.

Find a better way..

je24781
5/12/17

It is very difficult to find compatible woman. Their new "mutual fit" feature is to put it kindly garbage. If you are one year outside of what is listed as a preferred age range they won't show a profile in a search match. So there are very few profiles to see and you don't see profiles that appear to be a better fit and are a high match % because they don't exactly match the age preference. The bottom line is they won't show you a lot of profiles because of a minor difference in preferences. Yet they show recent activity from people hundreds of miles away and in some of their features profiles from a long distance away will come up as a potential match!

In regards to the matches, I'm not super picky but do have some standards. The most attractive matches are super picky and super independent. Most of them I think really want to be single unless somebody super rich or attractive comes their way. Total crap and a big waste of time.

garyb174
5/10/17

Full of nasty women and whales , most women on the site don't seem serious about meeting anyone , I sent 600 messages got no dates. absolute crap... total waste of time.

richardm260
5/8/17

It's coming up to the better weather and im always more optimistic about finding true love in spring time. Signed up to OkCupid and wejustfit (one because thats just what you do when you want to give internet dating a whirl, the other because id heard that it's pretty rad). So far im feeling stoked I went for two sites instead of 1 as im definitely getting attention which I was worried I wouldnt. Ive had one date (via WJF) and it went ok but wasnt exactly fireworks. Got two more potentials lined up and still lots of cuties to try to talk to. Again using two sites gives you not just variety but a long number of options. Sure some wont get back to me but both sites seem to have new faces popping up quite a lot so ive got my fingers crossed that these two sites will be the golden combo and cupids arrow (cheesy I know) is already pointing in my direction!!!! Thinking positive!!!

beckyb51
5/4/17

Don't use this site if you want anything serious and be wary of weirdos. It's mostly used for sex hook ups. That's what you get for a free site. It isn't for marriage or serious relationships. Maybe some are genuine but didn't work like that for me. Most of the questions are full of kinky sex questions like what you like in bed or if you like oral and anal and threesomes etc. Most of the men on there are after hook ups and kinky sex experiences or into all of that stuff which repulses me. If you don't like it, you won't get matches!,
I had no good experience myself. I had a man act really creepy towards me and it was kinda disturbing. I stopped talking to him and a year or two later he messages me with a "long time no sea". He was pretty terrible towards my mother too. I have tried it several times and not a single date or even decent messages.
There are minimal people there who are Christians too so is not for those who are religious or have decent moral values.

bena72
5/4/17

Please do not look at the endless questions and percent compatibility with other "matches". In fine print - for entertainment purposes only.

pauls415
4/13/17

I took my mates advice and signed up to a few extra sites as used to only have a wejustfit membership. I was getting quite a lot of interest and a few dates with that site but now ive added tinder and okcupid and TBF I dont see a big difference yet. It's a B- from me ATM as I do like some things but hopefully the dates will come soon as ill be much busier on weekends! Finding someone nice to settle down with doesnt happen over night thats for sure lol

rhyannab1
4/13/17

This review is not a bad comment , or good its an okay opinion ,,
I like the site , the problem is you don't have a lot of potential matches , and the system no sound for notifications .

I have talked with others there so its not only my opinion others tell me the same .

I think that customer service should be easier to contact for questions and concerns
Other than these gliches , okcupid does have the meeting of people that otherwise you wouldn't see .

ronaldr34
4/12/17

Its a ok dating site for free but the PREMIUM A-LIST is not worth the money. I wanted simply slender, athletic, fit women & this was my ONLY criteria. Yes, I saw a few but not nearly as many as I expected to. If they don't have ANY more members who meet this ONE criteria out of thousands it tells me that ONLY FAT, OUT OF SHAPE, UNFIT women populate OK CUPID. and u pay dearly to find this out. PREMIUM A-LIST is a RIP OFF.....ok for free,lol. Ron Rosen, MD

ashleya32
4/9/17

I've been a member for a few years now. I've had some great dates, relationships, and made a few friends. It has a fair number of features for free users, a very easy to navigate site, and filters that actually work helping hide unwanted messages. I've tried sites you have to pay for, and they aren't any better.

boc109
3/31/17

its full of scammers, fake profiles, and some of the most shallow women you'll ever run into. if you actually want a date then lie, because if your not very well off forget about it. i don't like to post my job or pay, and nothing, so made second profile same pic of me diff email put my job down rounded figure of how much i make, pic of my car, and wow the likes and messages came rolling in all just wanting me to take them out, worst part is almost all of them i messaged on 1st profile

kevins214
3/27/17

I LIKE THE IDEA BUT IT TAKES SO LOOOOONG TO GET STARTED LOL! ILL GIVE IT A TRY ALONG WITH MY CURRENT 'GO TO' ONLINE DATING SITE (WEJUSTFIT.COM) AND SEE HOW I GET ON USING THEM BOTH TOGETHER HOPEFULLY DOUBLE THE DATES LOL

harryp45
3/25/17

Hey everyone. OKCupid BLOWS. On the one hand, I've met several women from the site, and am grateful for that. But I've had to create numerous new profiles after randomly being deleted; sometimes my profile stays, but I cannot send messages anymore, or receive them anymore. And women can complain about anything they want -- fuzzy pictures or what they consider too-overt/forward messages (such as, "Do you like older men?" -- and the numbskulls at OKCupid just boot men from the site. But if you're a woman with a picture of a lake or some young idiot with your middle finger up (gee, how original), you're never, ever, ever kicked off. And, OKCupid NEVER gives you a warning, or a chance to respond to or dispute a complaint.
SITE SUCKS!!!!!

alek571
3/25/17

Ive used this site for months and so far its been pretty good for me. Though Ive got an impression that there are lots of scammers on Okcupid Well, seems like all the dating sites suffer from them. Just need to be careful and never send any money to anyone before you actually meet the person.

craigg47
3/24/17

Founda whole load of good people on the there wanting a chat,make friends, date, more successful then any other site .
The down side is that some ladies dont give you a fair go ! I found i would send the first introduction message and then they would simply put "sorry your not my type" those people must be really good judge of character and know everything about me im sure....lol know wonder there always single

tomf97
3/22/17

It absolutely looks like a good dating site. Easy to navigate, nice and clean interface and it is mostly free. Looks like a nice alternative to POF.

In my opinion you won't meet as many people as on sites like Mingle2day and Match and honestly I haven't met anyone from OKC so far. But at least I can see it happen. Site looks good to me.

chantellet1
3/16/17

I want to thank okcupid. Im from South Africa met my "now" husband on okcupid. His from America. We started talking and hit it off. He came to visit me in South Africa got engaged and started applying for a visa for me. I'm married to him now and staying in the states. We are really happy and starting a family. I recommend the site you will find the right one for you.

nyes2
3/15/17

I like the site it way better than POF but what site isn't? POF is more like a bird bath filled with acid rain where all the birds fly off and try to contaminate others (IE: The women are so jaded). Okcupid is a good site it just isn't very diverse. Don't get me wrong I have no problem dating outside of my race and I do. But I would like to see some diversity on this site. The match criterias are okay but not great. If I wanted someone who was just like me I'd clone myself. Opposites attract I guess it's only true in my case. Lol. As far as the dating criterias I think the site does a pretty good job identifying different types of sexual orientations you may be looking for. All in all I like the site I just wish it was more diverse

robertas25
3/14/17

I encountered a lot of scammers on this site (were madly in love with me without knowing me, obviously not real people, were deleted from the site soon), but when I reported a real person who was also a liar (claimed to be divorced when he was still married, claimed to be a financial success when he was dependent on his wife, lied about numerous other things), they refused to look at my evidence and kept him on the site where he could prey on other women. I was very upset about this.

willb61
2/28/17

Main plus point with OkCupid is youre not being constantly asked for a one night stand people here seem to get that this isnt a cheap, NSA site, which is definitely nice. The only other site that I've found that keeps things clean and still fun is wejustfit.com. Another thing about OkCupid is the choice of numbers on the site it's super busy. I'd like to see better features but their offline meet ups are a step in the right direction, they just need to do more new things like that.

claudiaa18
2/26/17

Amazing website if you are looking to settle down or dating... I found my soulmate! I met the love of my life 3 day after signing up, he messaged me and we starting dating right away. He completes me and thank you okcupid for the help!

-CA

ll579
2/25/17

It's written on my profile who, what i'm looking for.
People who are the complete opposite of the description send me messages, and get mad when I don't reply.
I made the mistake of including my deviantart profile link on my profile.
Some loser that I didn't reply to sent me hate comments on there.
(I didn't know it was someone who found me from okcupid. I replied on his DA profile, and a few days later I got a "cute" message on okc saying what a douchebag psycho I am, how dare I talk like that about his artwork etc.)

Kinda pathetic.

591 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

29 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the OkCupid staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 10/30/15
on 8/6/15
on 7/19/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the OkCupid staff and other customers.

OkCupid?