Review of OkCupid

help@crazyblinddate.com
2017 Customer choice award

mikeo79
9/18/17

Not sure I get all the gd reviews. Yes their are tunnes of people but the site isnt as fun as wejustfit.com or even tinder + ive not had as many dates as I thot I was gonna get.

steveb295
9/14/17

If someone makes a false accusation against you, they don't ask for your side of the story - they want to make a "safe user experience" for the person who reported you, so they automatically ban you. Quality has gone way downhill in recent months - was seeing the same people over and over again. Total waste of time.

crocodilef
9/11/17

Being a free dating site is nice. What is not nice is the thousands of assessment questions you have the opportunity to answer or not, but they are what the site uses to determine your "match percentage". Many of the questions are repetitive or just plain stupid. After getting an additional 200+ "likes" within two weeks of changing my profile picture so guys would know what I look like from the front, I concluded that the assessment questions were also irrelevant for a lot of users. I did go on dates with 7 different men from OKCupid, but didn't find Mr. Right, and didn't feel like wasting any more time on there.

julese6
9/5/17

I met a guy in May and we started a relationship. Atleast we said it was. He uses his daughter as and excuse not to spend time together so he can dates multiple women. He disappeared alot. Clams he doesn't get your calls or text until the weekend is over. I'm not sure why he acts this way because he looks like a little troll. His name is Jesse Garrett and lives in Terrell tx.

jf118
9/4/17

I aint tried many of these online dating websites but I cant say I'm all that blown away by OkCupid. It takes an awful lot longer to get up and running than the other site I liked (wejustfit.com) and im not sure im such a big believer in all the scientific hogwash. It's hella busy though, ill give it that. JF

keithh98
8/30/17

Not realistic because women will get more attention on here than in real life so it seems to give them an inflated ego. Most don't even respond to your messages and if they do it might be a word or two but hardly ever reply by asking a question back. And if you do actually meet up with someone, well most likely they will be fooling around on the site looking for attention and Mr. Perfect. I'm sure there are some good women on OKCupid but you have to dig really deep to find them. Oh yeah, women like to post their best pics which may not be current. Sadly enough I've met plenty of women who looked nothing like what they advertised.

oliverw25
8/21/17

Did not help to me. Lot of people just hanging out without any will to find real relationships ;-(

billyb114
8/14/17

Don't waste your time. Women with baggage will report you for nothing and they will delete your account because a woman complained I guess

brooklynk
8/7/17

OkCupid has still got it, I had a great date last night and feeling positively giddy this morning haha! Doing well at the moment, had a date last week with a guy from wejustfit.com and that went well too. I'm like bridget jones in one of her good phases hahaha long may it continue!!!

ericf66
8/6/17

Had the account for about two years, went on a couple of dates, answered hundreds of questions everything from Ethics, 2017, Politics, Sex, Dating, Lifestyle, had over 20 'likes'. Came across someone who said she 'wanted to suck the blood of guys that kept messaging her'. Having never messaged this person before, I was banned from the site. Had never had one infraction, its one strike your out to the folks at OKC. Would rather be single to share the sentiments of many.

olgao10
7/30/17

okc account, the previous accounts got banned for no reason! i reported that problem so many times but no one replied to my msg! i have 0 view, 0 like, 0 reply on there after having upload of mine dosen of nice pics viewing fifty !!!profiles,"liking" twenty profiles AND WRITING TO TEN PEOPLE ."0"VIEWS .THEY HIDINF PPL,S PROFILES SO PPL "go pay "30$ ...Scammers.No reply from OkCupid IS NOT SO "OK" This app sucks!

hanbananav
7/28/17

I was on okcupid for about 3 months. Filled out a profile, answered the questions, never paid for it. I got hundreds of messages from men. A lot of them complete loosers, but there were some good, decent men on there, even in my area. I talked to a lot of guys. I was a single mom, but didnt mention that in my profile. Id only mention my daughter if i was interested after conversating for a bit. Most guys said they didnt mind, but a lot of the conversations slowly faded to an end after id mention it. I met 3 guys in person. The first one ended up being a really nice guy. But religiously he was more extreme than me and it didnt work out after 2 dates he ended it, we became freinds on facebook though. The second guy seemed great and was all into me, but it just didnt work out. We dated for a month, nothing serious. We didnt fool around. He suddenly stopped talking to me without an explanation. The next day i met on okcupid the man i would marry. It started out cute sweet conversation. I mentioned i had a daughter and he seemed totally ok about it. Said he had a big family with lots of neices and nephews from cousins. I gave him my number that same day and we started texting. We matched on okcupid by 70 percent i think? We had a lot in common. He lived 4 miles away. He lived alone with his 2 dogs and took care of himself and had a lot going for him. I found out he was a firefighter too. How lucky did i get?! We met 3 days later and the rest is history. He met my daughter a little over a month later and i sold my house and moved in with him 4 months after that. We were engaged after 6 months together and a year and 8 months after we first met, we are married and planning another child. We have luck and online dating to thank, specifically okcupid.

melissat74
7/27/17

About 51/2 years ago I was in to the process of getting divorce and I was not going to be in to a relationship any time soon. But little did I know, my friend sign me in to okcupid and I started to look at people and ask question here and there and here I am 5 years later with the most awesome husband I could've ask for and most of all we were bless with two little ones!!! Fairy tale do happen if you give yourself a chance to let it happen!!! I could not be more happy with this website and would definitely recommand it to any single person out there!!!

magdap2
7/25/17

I set up the account, spend several hours (!) answering their match questions, browsed some matches (did not seem very well matched, though, because the questions asked were strange at best, a lot about sex, too...). Then stayed away from the site for about three days and when I came back, I tried to log in, but my account was cancelled. Complete waste of time!

simones28
7/23/17

I've gone off and on with this site a few times. I find it fun to use so am giving it 2 stars, the quality of men I give 0. I see the same the guys always on there. They LIVE on this site. Apparently all the other women find them repulsive or they wouldn't be spending their lives on there with obviously no results! 99% of the men are thug types, look like serial killers or have huge beards. Get a clue.

akbarg
7/15/17

It all started on a Thursday night. I was swiping through faces till I came across a face that would change my life and change my anus. At the time I did not know that this mugshot picture would be the face of the daddy to my future babies. To be fair, he does not know it yet too. I rate 9.5/10.

markb415
7/11/17

I am working my little butt off trying to get some dates but not much is happening. OkCupid has been around a long time so I figured it might be a good place to start but my buddy keeps telling me I should have gone with wejustfit.com as it's more modern (whatever that means lol) and popular. I dont know. I've seen the ads for okcupid and figured it made sense to start there. Like the app and the general simplicity but maybe he's right and it's time to switch or even double down with a couple of sites at the same time, could give me the boost I need. Oh well, onwards and upwards, happy hunting folks :-)

madisona13
7/9/17

I was skeptical at first but decided to give it a try. Not many women responded but when a certain one did we hit it off immediately. We met, fell in love and now I can say I have found my soul mate. If you're skeptical like I was, just give it a shot. Maybe it will work for you too.

jasonh175
7/6/17

Lack of members outside of big cities. But it is mostly free to use so always worth a try. It is not my favorite dating site and I personally prefer Match and Mingle2day but it is much better than most sites I have used where I had very limited success.

davidh537
7/2/17

One can say whatever one will about the members. OkCupid can't really choose them.
And the features are really fantastic. They are the reason why I've been a member for about 10 years, even though I've never been able to go on a date. At least contrary to crap like Tinder, thanks to matching questions and various other criteria, one can quickly figure out with whom one at least might get along.

But lately, moderators have kept removing my photos. Since I know that co-workers regularly browse the profiles, looking for other co-workers to make fun of (they are a really mature bunch...), I didn't want to show my face clearly. So I tried to get around that in a similarly cheeky manner AS MANY WOMEN DO.
I'd say about 20% of women have photos that either don't clearly show their face or show them at all. But those photos are apparently fine.

Over the years, I've spent less and less time on online dating because women using it usually have horrible personalities anyway. Never mind the fact that I get attention from much more attractive women offline.
So I guess it's time to abandon at least OkCupid completey.

jamesh185
7/1/17

are you KIDDING ME? sorry to be sour graps about this site.but when the guys have MUCH better luck then the WOmen do? then perhaps THIS place and other will start gettinb better reviews? while it obviously works out GREAT for the women on this sites? that have the PIC of the litter? THEY have NO idea what its like for the guys! and certainly DONT care!

usec1
6/30/17

i cant log in! it says "we're having technical difficulties, try again" all the time. this is the 4th okc account, the previous accounts got banned for no reason! i reported that problem so many times but no one replied to my msg! i have 0 view, 0 like, 0 reply on there. This app sucks! plz help me

richardj125
6/26/17

I think it's pretty good and I know couples who met on Match. Another good one is wejustfit.com, a bit smaller but my cousin married a guy from that site so it's not always the best known sites that work, it's more about the quality of singles I s'pose. Try it, you can thank me later ha ha

ryanp80
6/26/17

The application process is insane. Asking a bunch or weird questions you're obligated to answer before joining.

cindyb143
6/24/17

Perhaps men have a different experience when they sign up at this site. As a woman, the vast majority of communications I received were organized spam, which after a few weeks became very obvious. I learned to question the "potential dates" about odd things they'd say, or repetitious things they'd say, and they'd resort to lines I'd heard already in the same conversations. If I were to guess, OkCupid is owned by a foreign organization that has thousands of cubicles with employees trained to get personal information from subscribers.

Tip for consumers: My tip? DON'T USE THIS SITE!!!

591 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Sure! If you want to wait til hell freezes over. You're better off getting more fat cats! :-)

By michael h. on 8/26/15
Helpful answer

OLC is so so...... Most of the woman are in dream land and seeking Mr USA.. And are not going to meet you in person 95% of the time.... You really need to weed out the B.S & players.... And that is simple to do........ If they can't meet you in person in public with in one week. Drop them.... Don't waste your time.... Next!

By Danny M. on 9/28/15
Helpful answer

Terri - this is what I recently sent in about OKC. I will answer your specific questions at the end of this. I have heard many complaints about OKC and scammers. But I AM NOT HAVING ANYWHERE NEAR THE PROBLEMS THAT OTHERS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT. I am on several sites, and I experience about the same % of scammers on all. 1) it is so easy to spot a scanner - he wants to use email or text/phone right away. Is this really a problem? I immediately block. 2) if he is in Africa or any other 3rd world nation, I immediately block. I filter my messages so that I do not receive messages from anyone who has answered less than 100 questions or is at least an 85% match. Scammers are so obvious. Also, I note that most scammers claim to be "god-fearing christians," or "looking for an LTR or marriage." I am an atheist and very liberal and state this in my profile and my questions. I know what I am about to say is very offputting, snobbish, elite, etc., but I don't think scammers hit atheist, well-educated, and skeptical people as much as they do others (christians). Sorry, but I did say you wouldn't like that. Scammers are on every site. I have been following the sites and the complaints about scammers. My conclusion, based on my experience, blogs, and LOTS of research, indicate that every site has about the same amount of scammers. Sites that provide almost 0% info on potential matches (Zoosk, POF, tagged, Chemistry, Match, ourtime, etc. - all worthless for matching, IMO) do NOT have fewer scammer than OKC. I am also a moderator on OKC. WORD: Do a GIS on every picture on every profile on every site. It will tell you if the pics were stolen from a commercial source (models, actors, etc.) or not. I have had a ton (sometimes 3/week) of dates from OKC, and I do not believe any of these guys were scammers. Finally, if you know how to spot a scammer, what difference does it make how many there are on any site? I am 59. Yes, I have many very young men contacting me. I just say "You are too young, but thank you for your interest." If they reply, I block. As I stated, I've met tons of great guys (and of course, creeps) and had a lot of dates. I have a lot of correspondence before the date, and make it clear that I am looking for LTR and NOT FWB, NSA (what a load of crap). I have not clicked with anyone yet; but the, I am an atheist, free-thinker, liberal in Texas. Not a lot of guys hit on me (after 18 months on OKC, I only get about 8 guys/week hitting on me. Check my profile: I'm not gorgeous (LIB75002) or email me: joannar75002@gmail.com). I will be happy to help you further, if requested.

By Joanna R. on 5/30/15
Helpful answer

If you use care and caution it's safe. Women are subjected to more weirdos but you can block them. Spammers are going to get through and they will usually ask for your email or phone number. If someone interests you message a lot before you meet and always meet in a public place. If someone insists on more than you're comfortable with move on.

By Marty E. on 10/29/15
Helpful answer

Yes, I have had this happen a lot. People just want your phone number because they don't want to use the site. Then they want to ask questions like where you are from. I guess so they can research you. I am real leery about giving out my email and phone numbers. All kinds of scammers out there.

By Connie E. on 10/6/15
Helpful answer

Yes, it is completely free... You pay for the more advanced features, but over the last ten years or so, I have met my last 6 lovers through the site ( though oftentimes it turns out that we already knew the same people... The matching algorithms are simply _that_ *good*!) and have never given them a single penny. ( though honestly, I really should, if only out of gratitude! ) Give it a try, it really is head and shoulders above the rest of the sites out there...!

By Todd M. on 8/6/15
Helpful answer

I am a moderator for OKC. I have no idea why they picked me; frankly, I think they pull us out of their hats. Here are our guidelines, word for word: Guidelines Last updated Aug 21 General Reports should be on the item in question. Profile image reports should be on images, not profiles. (Flag the photo.) Empty or inactive profiles should be left alone unless they meet other conditions for deletion. Users do not have to show their face (in other words, headless bodies are OK). [Me: this is a new and more liberal guideline]. Things that are okay OK In Profiles Blank or incomplete profiles Inactive profiles Couples profiles OK in Messages Links to legitimate personal websites OK in Photos Album photos may include pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, etc. Things to delete Delete in profile photos Not a photo of the user (e.g. pets, cars, artwork, etc.) Full nudity (Ladies, no nips. Guys, no dongs.) Extreme close ups (e.g. tattoos, eyes, etc.) Childhood photos Delete In Album photos Full nudity and offensive content Delete in Profiles Reveals they’re under 18 Reveals another user’s personal details Is threatening or violent Engages in hate speech Stolen photos (check Tineye.com and Google Image Search) Claims English as a primary language but has the grammar of a non-English speaker (Scammer Grammar) Delete in Messages and local broadcasts Threats or harassment Hate speech Crude, overt sexual remarks Commercial solicitations Mods seem to be pretty generous. There's the main photo (profile pic) and the ones you see when you click on Photos (album pics). We see all of them. The ONLY profiles we see are the ones in which a member has flagged a PHOTO. Then we read the profile. I have never recommended deletion because of content; I can see the other mods' remarks and think they do the same. There are several suspicious things we see: If there is only one pic in their profile, it is very possible it was stolen. Very good-looking woman are suspicious (even if the photo is not pro). We check GIS and TE. As far as the profile pic not having the user in it, but has the user in the album, I am lenient. I say "ntu - not the user" but recommend it be left alone. Mods often differ on degrees of nudity allowed. I am conservative in this area. Frankly, it is so easy to recommend scammers, I don't know why people complain. So what if they are. Ignore them or report them. Any man who asks me, in the first or second message, to email or text and provides that info I immediately delete. Also found a guy with a well-written profile. We communicated for awhile, then I told him he could call. He could barely speak english and told me he was from Africa!. His pic was definitely a white man (not that their aren't white people in Africa) and did not show up on GIS. That's the only problem I've had. Use GIS or TE on every profile you look at. If someone emails you, do the same. I'm on many sites, and as I've said before here, scammers exist with little difference in percentages. Now Zoosk - crappy, and have to pay or you can't message, so what's the point of the "free" site? And, IMO, the men are sooooooo boring; much more interesting on OKC. I paid for match, ourtime, and chemistry - briefly. I called chemisty, complained and they refunded the money I had not used. These, including OKC, are all under the same umbrella. BTW, I once started my profile with "I $#*! ON THE FIRST DATE" and it got worse after that. It was obviously sarcasm. But I was not banned. Try to say $#*! on any other site! I left that profile up briefly. Ya know, there's a lot of men who don't understand sarcasm. I hope this info helps.

By Joanna R. on 5/12/15
Helpful answer

Yes. They'll never meet with you because they're contractors and 3rd party representatives, which is a fancy term for scam artists contacting you and pretending to be someone you think that you're looking at in the picture/profile that you are in contact with. The photos are ripped off from Facebook, Tumbler, or porn websites. THESE ARE THIEVES! I was robbed for over 150$ by one of these sites, and it's time to let everyone know. MAKE SURE THAT YOU READ ALL REVIEWS BEFORE REGISTERING FOR ANYTHING!!!

By John D. on 10/30/15
Helpful answer

Unless they have everything backed up, you're out of luck.

By Ian H. on 7/19/15
Helpful answer

I got over 500 "likes" in my 7 months on OKC. I never paid to see them. A lot of them were from men who lived more than 200 miles away, I'm guessing. Being tall, thin, never married, and childless, I got a lot of messages. I only met 7 of the men who messaged me. "Likes" are pretty irrelevant, so just see what you get with the free messages.

By Crocodile F. on 7/23/16
Questions? Get answers from the OkCupid staff and other customers.

OkCupid?