US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kf33

If you really read the other profiles..you will meet nice people. (in 108 reviews)

ronk

It's typically males, and likely because several women singled your profile out with red flag. (in 72 reviews)

joannar4

Unfortunately, as others have noticed, the customer service is nonexistent. (in 11 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

susanp119
7/26/16

I used the site for less time than expected because I found a great partner faster than expected. Their algorithm is great at finding compatible people, plus they have cute personality and other tests.

sammies24
7/22/16

My picture was flagged by one of the guys, solely because i wouldn't entertain him nor talk sexually. Therefore he flagged my picture. 90% of the guys on here only want sex anyways, but when a woman turns them down they want to act like a baby. Maybe y'all should offer tutorials for assholish guys so they will actually learn how to speak to a woman.

gilberta10
7/19/16

Really pleased with OkCupid I have to say. Id rank it up there with WeJustFit.com in terms of selection of girls/ number of fakes/ variety of functions/ mobile site/ etc. Think those are pretty much the cream of the fun dating crop at the moment, although im still due to try a couple of new ones in the coming months. Would recommend.

cranec
7/11/16

I talked to several men, but only met two. The second one is now my boyfriend, and we'll be moving across the country together this month. Truly, he is the most amazing, kind, loving, handsome, patient, intelligent man I have ever met. I'm blown away with how quickly I found someone (2 months), especially someone like him. I'm very, very pleased with this service. Also, it's very easy to use. I recommend it to all my single friends.

mattheww66
7/5/16

Im not sure when it happened but when I speak to friends about online dating now they all seem to be using cool new quirky sites (like wejustfit.com) or dating apps (like tinder, tangled, etc). Its like the big fish (OkCupid being the biggest traditionally) have almost got so well known that theyre now too vanilla! For me, I still like OkCupid and cant help the feeling that the people who say the stopped using it probably still do use it, but are acting too current too admit theyre still on it! Maybe its like how some clothes brands become so common that people deliberately start avoiding them (can you tell I work in fashion?!). Anyway ill be sticking with OkCupid, it may not be the coolest site anymore (when was online dating ever cool anyway) but its busy and thats the main thing.

davidm467
7/2/16

OKCUPID is free! I found a good woman and we are into our seventh month together and all is well. It wasn't easy. I had to figure out who the scammers are and who the real ones are. Worth the effort because I tried the traditional methods and never managed to find a good woman. I found one because of OKCUPID! YAY!

Tip for consumers: Here is a tip. Be patient. Be careful. Be honest.

clairel29
6/29/16

Not great, takes a long time to sign up.

lisam315
6/27/16

For every 10 guys that messaged me only one was reaI. I recently got a message from lovestick1 and IJK04 one said his name was Michael the other was Bryan and they were using the same pictures!!!!!

johna525
6/22/16

I use OkCupid along with WeJustFit.com and POF and find the combination works pretty well. Its not expensive to do it that way and you dont get bored of being on one site all the time and seeing the same faces again and again. Plus you obviously improve your chances of meeting the one as you end up going on quite a few dates with people. All the sites are pretty different too, so you find things you like about one that you dont necessarily find on the other sites. But each has their advantages id say. With this site its probably the mobile app, which is super easy to use and has a nice layout. So yeah id say its a good website to use if youre doing a combination of sites.

am7060
6/17/16

I got lots of responses but .I found that waaaay too many of them were from scammers (or guys too young-or too old -or too strange-for anything like a LTR) Okay for dipping my foot into the waters, but I just deleted my profile...overall, too much of hassle wielding my way through all of that. (and ironically, after all those "Likes"? Never did meet any of them) Well, time to try somewhere else...

christopherr63
6/16/16

Definitely, the best Dating Site I've used. Loved the match system that it has. The questions that are asked sometimes are odd,but I think doing matches based on questions people ask and the importance they rank those make a lot of sense. Any relationship I started with someone from this site was a good one.

martinl77
6/15/16

Compared to all the other dating sites out there - and of course compared to all the dating scams you will find - OkCupid pretty much kicks ass! It ain't perfect though and I know that most people will most likely find someone special on those prime dating sites like Mingle2day. But let's face the facts here: OKCupid is pretty much a cool dating site. You will find fake profile on any other site as well. After all, I am not using it anymore because as mentioned I am more than happy using some other site but I did in the past and I thought it was more than just "ok":)

karinn1
6/12/16

I have not found another dating site with the amount of scammers I found on OkCupid ! In the last week I found about a dozen fake profiles !!!
The sad and disturbing part is, the scammers are all still doing their dirty business - even after I reported them, providing OkCupid with reliable data and proof of their wrongdoing.
Ladies, please beware and be cautious!
Photos of the profiles can be scanned on the Google site

Tip for consumers: Ladies, please beware and be cautious!
Photos of the profiles can be scanned on the Google site

susanb176
6/10/16

The men that contacted me and I was talking too, found to be FAKES... Ladies, Please Beware. They are using other profiles, DO a background CHECK on all of them.

johnm685
6/7/16

I have used this site for years. In my "settings", I have always chosen the privacy option that is supposed to allow only other site members to view my profile. My personal info is not supposed to be used for OkCupid's advertising purposes.

However, I have just discovered that when someone Googles my user name, one of my photos comes up, and with it, a paragraph from my profile appears. This is one of the methods OkCupid uses to advertise its site.

What is it about "private" that OkCupid doesn't understand?

charlesa52
6/4/16

Signed up for this site...haven't been able to sign on once in the last 48 hours..."technical difficulties"...and absolutely no supports whatsoever...emails never answered...move on

roshallec
6/3/16

Okc is a good site to meet people however some profiles are fake and you will scammed just like my stupid butt was!! SmilingKenna is a fake profile that I fell for. Military, single parent, widowed. Don't know if the crook removed the profile or okc either way beware!

jackiem62
6/2/16

I am a very conservative person and they suspended my account and when I emailed them countless times to find out why, they did not respond. Here I am person who I am and I am suspended. That sucks! I can't tell you how many times I could tell guys were scammers who keep going in yet me who is legitimate it shut down. It would be nice if they would at least answer my emails to explain what their problem is. I know it's free but that doesn't matter what matters is communication because now I'm going to put the word out that they are unreasonable. So I'm going to assume whatever is written in my profile they did not like or agree with so therefore they have the right to shut me down which is true but I should be able to be myself. Isn't that the whole idea?

salt17
5/26/16

I've written several times about not being able to log in but get no response. When I put in my username & password, I get a message saying something about 'technical difficulties, try again later' !!!

cindyh61
5/19/16

This website has no way to verify if person's picture is real. There are many options of software that verifies images uploaded with actual user's face. I reported several times fake profile, but Okcupid did not close that account. No reaction from this company. I actually found real person on Facebook whose pictures and name was stolen to create fake Okcupid account. That person also contacted Okcupid and demended to remove this profile. Still nothing was done. Its creepy and dangerous. Be aware single ladies and gentlemen!!!

hurth
5/17/16

WOMEN PLEASE BE CAREFUL FOR ME IT IS TOO LATE BUT NOT FOR YOU.

ethniko
5/15/16

Not sure if I've been doing something wrong -- I think I'm not-ugly and put pretty good effort into my profile, messages, and answers to site questions without being rude, negative, creepy, or long-winded -- but I almost never got a reply in my 1.5-year use of this site, despite messaging dozens of women with a high match percentage; and when I did get a reply or even a first message, my reply to it didn't yield a reply. Apparently from what I've read the women are inundated daily with dozens of messages, many of them from bots, scammers, lechers, rude guys, etc, so I imagine the selection process is pretty difficult and competitive; but still, using this site seems utterly futile after a while, and I've pretty much exhausted all my good options (which were honestly many). What's more, I read not long ago that OkCupid actually lies to users about their percentage compatibility with other users, meaning it's possible that I saw users with match percentages very different from the ones they saw with me. I recommend sticking with old-fashioned methods of finding dates and using this site as a secondary means if anything.

brandyw12
5/14/16

I met a ton of nice guys on this site and even had a boyfriend for two years. after we split I found my forever love on this site as well. we dated for 3 years and were married we will be celebrating our first anniversay this year

kirke9
5/11/16

It seems that the people you email are unable to reply for some reason.

juliac40
5/11/16

Good

294 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

22 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the OkCupid staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question