Review of OkCupid

Tel: +1.8556528743
help@crazyblinddate.com

simones28
7/23/17

I've gone off and on with this site a few times. I find it fun to use so am giving it 2 stars, the quality of men I give 0. I see the same the guys always on there. They LIVE on this site. Apparently all the other women find them repulsive or they wouldn't be spending their lives on there with obviously no results! 99% of the men are thug types, look like serial killers or have huge beards. Get a clue.

akbarg
7/15/17

It all started on a Thursday night. I was swiping through faces till I came across a face that would change my life and change my anus. At the time I did not know that this mugshot picture would be the face of the daddy to my future babies. To be fair, he does not know it yet too. I rate 9.5/10.

markb415
7/11/17

I am working my little butt off trying to get some dates but not much is happening. OkCupid has been around a long time so I figured it might be a good place to start but my buddy keeps telling me I should have gone with wejustfit.com as it's more modern (whatever that means lol) and popular. I dont know. I've seen the ads for okcupid and figured it made sense to start there. Like the app and the general simplicity but maybe he's right and it's time to switch or even double down with a couple of sites at the same time, could give me the boost I need. Oh well, onwards and upwards, happy hunting folks :-)

madisona13
7/9/17

I was skeptical at first but decided to give it a try. Not many women responded but when a certain one did we hit it off immediately. We met, fell in love and now I can say I have found my soul mate. If you're skeptical like I was, just give it a shot. Maybe it will work for you too.

jasonh175
7/6/17

Lack of members outside of big cities. But it is mostly free to use so always worth a try. It is not my favorite dating site and I personally prefer Match and Mingle2day but it is much better than most sites I have used where I had very limited success.

davidh537
7/2/17

One can say whatever one will about the members. OkCupid can't really choose them.
And the features are really fantastic. They are the reason why I've been a member for about 10 years, even though I've never been able to go on a date. At least contrary to crap like Tinder, thanks to matching questions and various other criteria, one can quickly figure out with whom one at least might get along.

But lately, moderators have kept removing my photos. Since I know that co-workers regularly browse the profiles, looking for other co-workers to make fun of (they are a really mature bunch...), I didn't want to show my face clearly. So I tried to get around that in a similarly cheeky manner AS MANY WOMEN DO.
I'd say about 20% of women have photos that either don't clearly show their face or show them at all. But those photos are apparently fine.

Over the years, I've spent less and less time on online dating because women using it usually have horrible personalities anyway. Never mind the fact that I get attention from much more attractive women offline.
So I guess it's time to abandon at least OkCupid completey.

jamesh185
7/1/17

are you KIDDING ME? sorry to be sour graps about this site.but when the guys have MUCH better luck then the WOmen do? then perhaps THIS place and other will start gettinb better reviews? while it obviously works out GREAT for the women on this sites? that have the PIC of the litter? THEY have NO idea what its like for the guys! and certainly DONT care!

usec1
6/30/17

i cant log in! it says "we're having technical difficulties, try again" all the time. this is the 4th okc account, the previous accounts got banned for no reason! i reported that problem so many times but no one replied to my msg! i have 0 view, 0 like, 0 reply on there. This app sucks! plz help me

richardj125
6/26/17

I think it's pretty good and I know couples who met on Match. Another good one is wejustfit.com, a bit smaller but my cousin married a guy from that site so it's not always the best known sites that work, it's more about the quality of singles I s'pose. Try it, you can thank me later ha ha

ryanp80
6/26/17

The application process is insane. Asking a bunch or weird questions you're obligated to answer before joining.

cindyb143
6/24/17

Perhaps men have a different experience when they sign up at this site. As a woman, the vast majority of communications I received were organized spam, which after a few weeks became very obvious. I learned to question the "potential dates" about odd things they'd say, or repetitious things they'd say, and they'd resort to lines I'd heard already in the same conversations. If I were to guess, OkCupid is owned by a foreign organization that has thousands of cubicles with employees trained to get personal information from subscribers.

Tip for consumers: My tip? DON'T USE THIS SITE!!!

forrestn3
6/14/17

Years ago it used to be a great site but it has become quite ordinary. On the bright side it is for free (although they try and lure you to pay for a membership). Conclusion: Good site if you don't feel like spending cash in a prime dating site like Mingle2day or Cupid.

darrellf16
5/30/17

I joined this dating sight last year when weak hurricane Hermine was
bearing down on Florida. I would have gladly had my hometown taken a hit
from the swirling beotch if it meant I could have already found a beautiful
compatible angel in my area to go out with,from this dating site. Here in
the far less metropolitan areas of Florida, online dating is especially
difficult (at least seems to me). Even though I wanted OKCupid to work
connecting me with someone special, I had no luck connecting consistently
with anyone almost 9 months. Like a lot of other sites, the only women I
found interesting or attractive lived way too far away -over a hundred miles away on the other side of my state. Only a couple of women I was seriously not interested in wanted to connect with me. One who lived over 100 miles outside my hometown.
I felt OKCupid could work for me even though it didn't. Maybe I should have given them 6 months more but I just didn't have the patience after 9 months of mostly loneliness.

Pros & Cons Notes:
+ It's free to send e-mails and just as important free to read your inbox
e-mails. That's 2 stars guaranteed already for me.
- Only 10 photos of you are allowed on your profile (why not more?!)
+ Has a fun Q & A survey where you can answer hundreds of personal questions
about yourself. While it was fun, the survey asks questions that some if
not many, might find offensive. The site app has a pretty good compatibility match system and while it's not perfect, it informs you who you most likely will have a successful relationship with(someone 75% and up is someone you'll probably get along well with!) Many singles are 0% because they've answered nothing on the OKC survey.
- I cannot see most of the single women on the web site unless reviewing available matches which disappear permanently if you accidentally dislike them and the limited matches to swipe through run out quickly.
- The search for a username on the app's site just doesn't work and never does!
- The truth is this dating site could be better in other areas. On the OKC app, I could never find any online games to play with other local singles online if they wanted. The dating app can sure get boring after a couple months.
Anyhow, I found most young women on here to be too shy, or not very attractive. Quite a fraction of their profiles I found to be fake, too brief, or either incredibly dumb, if not laughably stupid as dating profiles. Some even posted photos of pets or places or inanimate objects as their profile photo. I honestly feel like it was the selection of women on there as my problem and not OKCupid.
In spite of that, I still think this web site could hook you up with someone special if you live in a metropolitan area, or are patient enough with it or are just lucky.
If you join OKCupid, I sure hope you have better luck than I did. And, if you actually pay, it's fair value for what you pay for though I still thought that I should've gotten more for what I paid. OKCupid is better than a lot of other online date sites but,on other hand, good results are what matters to me. I connected with no one on here in 9 months (Sob. I'm not a SOB either.) I may give them another try off in the future, though my profile is disabled right now.
Nonetheless, I enjoyed their app on my smartphone when it had no bugs in it. I give them 2 and half stars ( I'm actually stuck somewhere between Meh and "Okay"! 2 & half / 3 stars).

maxl44
5/25/17

I pay for it, and regret it. No work properly. Plenty of fake profiles
poor support and is not easy get a reply.
Use but please do not pay.
After first day, i remove my subscription. The app is just Meh..
Does not deserve to put a cent on it. Sucks as hell.

tomj129
5/23/17

Signed up to OkCupid last May ('16) so thats now been officially 1 year ive been using it. Decided to get a different membership this May (for wejustfit.com) but still using OkCupid for the moment. Keen to stick with it as ive had dates and met some lovely people but figure its time to try something different too. Here's hoping I find my queen! Wish me luck!!!! :-)

chicas
5/23/17

Although Id been on there about 2-3 years, most were fake users that I sussed out immediately. I did meet someone who I visited and came to visit me, but had his own issues to resolve with ex-wife...so that was that! other than that, I was deleted for being able to spot scammers that OKCupid could not! talk about 'biting the hand that feeds you' ....Shame on you OkCupid !! no backbone, just deleting someone to boost your egos is not the way to go!

ians98
5/17/17

This site is one of the worst I've used. Maybe for the select few in a heavily populated area it's alright, otherwise it's completely worthless.
I'm in a well populated area south of Boston. I fall into an age group that one would expect to find lots of single women. 35+, but there are very few users in that age group here. Quite honestly unless you pay for the premium membership, you cannot sort by physical preferences either. So you get age and distance and status.. that's it. If you like them petite, you have to wade through dozens of profiles of large women or men for that matter. If you want to see, blondes and redheads, fine but you also need to see all the dark haired folks. Kids, no kids, etc...

Worst of all are the distance issues. They show you "matches" literally 200 miles away like that's going to work for anyone.

Look, it's free and easy to use , but it's a total waste of time. 3 months here, very few emails, nobody reads the profile first. 90% of the users are either very undesirable visually or total snobs and never reply unless you meet the exact criteria. Too tightly focused.

Find a better way..

je24781
5/12/17

It is very difficult to find compatible woman. Their new "mutual fit" feature is to put it kindly garbage. If you are one year outside of what is listed as a preferred age range they won't show a profile in a search match. So there are very few profiles to see and you don't see profiles that appear to be a better fit and are a high match % because they don't exactly match the age preference. The bottom line is they won't show you a lot of profiles because of a minor difference in preferences. Yet they show recent activity from people hundreds of miles away and in some of their features profiles from a long distance away will come up as a potential match!

In regards to the matches, I'm not super picky but do have some standards. The most attractive matches are super picky and super independent. Most of them I think really want to be single unless somebody super rich or attractive comes their way. Total crap and a big waste of time.

garyb174
5/10/17

Full of nasty women and whales , most women on the site don't seem serious about meeting anyone , I sent 600 messages got no dates. absolute crap... total waste of time.

richardm260
5/8/17

It's coming up to the better weather and im always more optimistic about finding true love in spring time. Signed up to OkCupid and wejustfit (one because thats just what you do when you want to give internet dating a whirl, the other because id heard that it's pretty rad). So far im feeling stoked I went for two sites instead of 1 as im definitely getting attention which I was worried I wouldnt. Ive had one date (via WJF) and it went ok but wasnt exactly fireworks. Got two more potentials lined up and still lots of cuties to try to talk to. Again using two sites gives you not just variety but a long number of options. Sure some wont get back to me but both sites seem to have new faces popping up quite a lot so ive got my fingers crossed that these two sites will be the golden combo and cupids arrow (cheesy I know) is already pointing in my direction!!!! Thinking positive!!!

beckyb51
Becky B.
5/4/17

Don't use this site if you want anything serious and be wary of weirdos. It's mostly used for sex hook ups. That's what you get for a free site. It isn't for marriage or serious relationships. Maybe some are genuine but didn't work like that for me. Most of the questions are full of kinky sex questions like what you like in bed or if you like oral and anal and threesomes etc. Most of the men on there are after hook ups and kinky sex experiences or into all of that stuff which repulses me. If you don't like it, you won't get matches!,
I had no good experience myself. I had a man act really creepy towards me and it was kinda disturbing. I stopped talking to him and a year or two later he messages me with a "long time no sea". He was pretty terrible towards my mother too. I have tried it several times and not a single date or even decent messages.
There are minimal people there who are Christians too so is not for those who are religious or have decent moral values.

bena72
5/4/17

Please do not look at the endless questions and percent compatibility with other "matches". In fine print - for entertainment purposes only.

pauls415
4/13/17

I took my mates advice and signed up to a few extra sites as used to only have a wejustfit membership. I was getting quite a lot of interest and a few dates with that site but now ive added tinder and okcupid and TBF I dont see a big difference yet. It's a B- from me ATM as I do like some things but hopefully the dates will come soon as ill be much busier on weekends! Finding someone nice to settle down with doesnt happen over night thats for sure lol

rhyannab1
4/13/17

This review is not a bad comment , or good its an okay opinion ,,
I like the site , the problem is you don't have a lot of potential matches , and the system no sound for notifications .

I have talked with others there so its not only my opinion others tell me the same .

I think that customer service should be easier to contact for questions and concerns
Other than these gliches , okcupid does have the meeting of people that otherwise you wouldn't see .

ronaldr34
4/12/17

Its a ok dating site for free but the PREMIUM A-LIST is not worth the money. I wanted simply slender, athletic, fit women & this was my ONLY criteria. Yes, I saw a few but not nearly as many as I expected to. If they don't have ANY more members who meet this ONE criteria out of thousands it tells me that ONLY FAT, OUT OF SHAPE, UNFIT women populate OK CUPID. and u pay dearly to find this out. PREMIUM A-LIST is a RIP OFF.....ok for free,lol. Ron Rosen, MD

591 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Sure! If you want to wait til hell freezes over. You're better off getting more fat cats! :-)

By michael h. on 8/26/15
Helpful answer

Terri - this is what I recently sent in about OKC. I will answer your specific questions at the end of this. I have heard many complaints about OKC and scammers. But I AM NOT HAVING ANYWHERE NEAR THE PROBLEMS THAT OTHERS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT. I am on several sites, and I experience about the same % of scammers on all. 1) it is so easy to spot a scanner - he wants to use email or text/phone right away. Is this really a problem? I immediately block. 2) if he is in Africa or any other 3rd world nation, I immediately block. I filter my messages so that I do not receive messages from anyone who has answered less than 100 questions or is at least an 85% match. Scammers are so obvious. Also, I note that most scammers claim to be "god-fearing christians," or "looking for an LTR or marriage." I am an atheist and very liberal and state this in my profile and my questions. I know what I am about to say is very offputting, snobbish, elite, etc., but I don't think scammers hit atheist, well-educated, and skeptical people as much as they do others (christians). Sorry, but I did say you wouldn't like that. Scammers are on every site. I have been following the sites and the complaints about scammers. My conclusion, based on my experience, blogs, and LOTS of research, indicate that every site has about the same amount of scammers. Sites that provide almost 0% info on potential matches (Zoosk, POF, tagged, Chemistry, Match, ourtime, etc. - all worthless for matching, IMO) do NOT have fewer scammer than OKC. I am also a moderator on OKC. WORD: Do a GIS on every picture on every profile on every site. It will tell you if the pics were stolen from a commercial source (models, actors, etc.) or not. I have had a ton (sometimes 3/week) of dates from OKC, and I do not believe any of these guys were scammers. Finally, if you know how to spot a scammer, what difference does it make how many there are on any site? I am 59. Yes, I have many very young men contacting me. I just say "You are too young, but thank you for your interest." If they reply, I block. As I stated, I've met tons of great guys (and of course, creeps) and had a lot of dates. I have a lot of correspondence before the date, and make it clear that I am looking for LTR and NOT FWB, NSA (what a load of crap). I have not clicked with anyone yet; but the, I am an atheist, free-thinker, liberal in Texas. Not a lot of guys hit on me (after 18 months on OKC, I only get about 8 guys/week hitting on me. Check my profile: I'm not gorgeous (LIB75002) or email me: joannar75002@gmail.com). I will be happy to help you further, if requested.

By Joanna R. on 5/30/15
Helpful answer

This site is notorious for trawlers! Beware

By Jenny P. on 9/28/15
Helpful answer

If you use care and caution it's safe. Women are subjected to more weirdos but you can block them. Spammers are going to get through and they will usually ask for your email or phone number. If someone interests you message a lot before you meet and always meet in a public place. If someone insists on more than you're comfortable with move on.

By Marty E. on 10/29/15
Helpful answer

Yes, I have had this happen a lot. People just want your phone number because they don't want to use the site. Then they want to ask questions like where you are from. I guess so they can research you. I am real leery about giving out my email and phone numbers. All kinds of scammers out there.

By Connie E. on 10/6/15
Helpful answer

Yes, it is completely free... You pay for the more advanced features, but over the last ten years or so, I have met my last 6 lovers through the site ( though oftentimes it turns out that we already knew the same people... The matching algorithms are simply _that_ *good*!) and have never given them a single penny. ( though honestly, I really should, if only out of gratitude! ) Give it a try, it really is head and shoulders above the rest of the sites out there...!

By Todd M. on 8/6/15
Helpful answer

I am a moderator for OKC. I have no idea why they picked me; frankly, I think they pull us out of their hats. Here are our guidelines, word for word: Guidelines Last updated Aug 21 General Reports should be on the item in question. Profile image reports should be on images, not profiles. (Flag the photo.) Empty or inactive profiles should be left alone unless they meet other conditions for deletion. Users do not have to show their face (in other words, headless bodies are OK). [Me: this is a new and more liberal guideline]. Things that are okay OK In Profiles Blank or incomplete profiles Inactive profiles Couples profiles OK in Messages Links to legitimate personal websites OK in Photos Album photos may include pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, etc. Things to delete Delete in profile photos Not a photo of the user (e.g. pets, cars, artwork, etc.) Full nudity (Ladies, no nips. Guys, no dongs.) Extreme close ups (e.g. tattoos, eyes, etc.) Childhood photos Delete In Album photos Full nudity and offensive content Delete in Profiles Reveals they’re under 18 Reveals another user’s personal details Is threatening or violent Engages in hate speech Stolen photos (check Tineye.com and Google Image Search) Claims English as a primary language but has the grammar of a non-English speaker (Scammer Grammar) Delete in Messages and local broadcasts Threats or harassment Hate speech Crude, overt sexual remarks Commercial solicitations Mods seem to be pretty generous. There's the main photo (profile pic) and the ones you see when you click on Photos (album pics). We see all of them. The ONLY profiles we see are the ones in which a member has flagged a PHOTO. Then we read the profile. I have never recommended deletion because of content; I can see the other mods' remarks and think they do the same. There are several suspicious things we see: If there is only one pic in their profile, it is very possible it was stolen. Very good-looking woman are suspicious (even if the photo is not pro). We check GIS and TE. As far as the profile pic not having the user in it, but has the user in the album, I am lenient. I say "ntu - not the user" but recommend it be left alone. Mods often differ on degrees of nudity allowed. I am conservative in this area. Frankly, it is so easy to recommend scammers, I don't know why people complain. So what if they are. Ignore them or report them. Any man who asks me, in the first or second message, to email or text and provides that info I immediately delete. Also found a guy with a well-written profile. We communicated for awhile, then I told him he could call. He could barely speak english and told me he was from Africa!. His pic was definitely a white man (not that their aren't white people in Africa) and did not show up on GIS. That's the only problem I've had. Use GIS or TE on every profile you look at. If someone emails you, do the same. I'm on many sites, and as I've said before here, scammers exist with little difference in percentages. Now Zoosk - crappy, and have to pay or you can't message, so what's the point of the "free" site? And, IMO, the men are sooooooo boring; much more interesting on OKC. I paid for match, ourtime, and chemistry - briefly. I called chemisty, complained and they refunded the money I had not used. These, including OKC, are all under the same umbrella. BTW, I once started my profile with "I $#*! ON THE FIRST DATE" and it got worse after that. It was obviously sarcasm. But I was not banned. Try to say $#*! on any other site! I left that profile up briefly. Ya know, there's a lot of men who don't understand sarcasm. I hope this info helps.

By Joanna R. on 5/12/15
Helpful answer

Yes. They'll never meet with you because they're contractors and 3rd party representatives, which is a fancy term for scam artists contacting you and pretending to be someone you think that you're looking at in the picture/profile that you are in contact with. The photos are ripped off from Facebook, Tumbler, or porn websites. THESE ARE THIEVES! I was robbed for over 150$ by one of these sites, and it's time to let everyone know. MAKE SURE THAT YOU READ ALL REVIEWS BEFORE REGISTERING FOR ANYTHING!!!

By John D. on 10/30/15
Helpful answer

Unless they have everything backed up, you're out of luck.

By Ian H. on 7/19/15
Helpful answer

It could be your virus protector or you can have a virus do a full scan of your computer tonight

By Carla G. on 3/22/16
Questions? Get answers from the OkCupid staff and other customers.

OkCupid?