Review of OkCupid

help@crazyblinddate.com
2017 Customer choice award

lf13
5/23/18

In OK Cupid's efforts to be all encompassing and accepting, it's circled back around into a level of transphobia only seen on platforms like Facebook and Twitter, that really don't care about LGBT rights.

For one thing, I'm a trans woman. This means I am female, I am a woman. That doesn't make me some third gender. If it were only this, I'd tolerate it. But they're also validating trans feminine and trans masculine as their own gender, androgynous as in own gender, gender queer as its own gender, non-binary as its own gender. The list goes on.

Not only this, they last pansexuality as if it were this valid thing. When it doesn't cover anything that isn't also covered by Bisexuality. And further cements the idea that trans people are a third gender.

Avoid if you want to be accepted as a trans person.

tobyh23
5/20/18

its ok but I like wejustfit its much beter id recomend 2 any 1 my sis using it now to and she said its good giv it a try if u need a new site or a new romanse lol

philr78
5/19/18

I having nothing negative to say about the site itself, OK Cupid. However, my experience as an older male, with seemingly desirable traits, has been a slice of hell. I meet with more deceit on this site that I have in years of actual every day interaction.
My problem has not been one I often hear about from men, not receiving responses from ladies after sending a message. I have received responses. I even met 2 women. I was a gentleman, pleasant, just myself. This was to no avail. I thanked both of them for meeting for coffee and waited for their response. One did not respond at all. The other claimed that she thought she was ready to date but now has decided not to do so. On 3 other instances, the ladies responded. One just "breadcrumbed". I asked to meet her. She didn't ignore me but gave excuse, one after the other, so I just gave up. Another thanked me for being patient and responded to me with one sentence telling me she was busy and I deserved a complete writing from her when she isn't so busy, that was 3 weeks ago. Then another responded right away. She said she wanted time to really look over my profile. That was 10 days ago. Women like to claim that they only receive coarse messages from shallow men. I write pleasant messages that refer to something they mention in their profile. I am in great shape, financially & emotionally responsible. Yet on Cupid, I can't even get beyond deceit from 60 year old women. What is going on? I understand that the imbalance, the large amount of men on these sites results in women receiving lots of attention while men struggle. It has not been worth my time and effort. Every few days, I do receive a message from a homely lady asking all kinds of questions as if she is in such demand & if i do everything correctly, I may, I just might, stand a chance with her.

nebojsal
5/16/18

I've been using a lot of dating sites, with more or less luck. Every site has it's pro's and con's. But OKCupid seems like a place, that has been so thoroughly developed. Many say it's a CIA project. Well, it's been developed by professionals, that's for sure :)

1. The search option is nice. You can choose between several criteria, even if you are a free user.

2. Messaging system became messy lately, but I got used to it. You need to match with someone in "Double take" game, to send her a message. I don't have a problem with that. It prompted a lot of girls to start playing the game, after all. And yes, it helps chasing away fake users.

3. There is a lot of room to describe yourself, on all aspects of life. I was always putting a lot of effort in that matter. And appreciated users who also do it. You can create more photo albums and put a lot of photos on your profile. You can also connect Instagram profile.

4.It seems to me that it attracts somewhat more intellectual users, which I like. Maybe that is the reason why many reviewers are complaining :)

The downside is there are so many transgenders. But it's not the technical issue, so I can't complain.

What else to say? I've met plenty of people through OKC, from all around the world. My current relationship is conceived on OKC. It is only one of the reasons for a 5 star rating

kathrinec1
5/14/18

This is the top dating site?! What makes it the top dating site??
I think it's really lame, wish I hadn't joined for 3 months

alexg221
5/3/18

If OkCupid is the top dating site then im a bit worried. People saying wejustfit.com is better so heres hoping its an improvement on this so called leading site for finding love online.

mk202
4/27/18

Account will be blocked and removed if you dare to defend yourself from the advances of married cheaters who pay premium. OK Cupid is a playground for sexual predators with paid accounts. Pedophiles are roaming free, scammers try to collect information, pimps send recruiting auto messages, fake profiles (but paid) are dominant and they will report you if you don't do what they ask you to or you don't jump at their proposal. A site/app that punishes women who dare to defend themselves, probably ran buy the same type that use it.

ursd1
4/26/18

Only wast of time and hopefully you don't pay, is only rubbish. Your messages go lost somewhere in the okcupid desert, maybe they find some, who knows.

denijr
4/17/18

This website have lost its reputation and all profile are fake.

Mostly used by pimps and trans genders

Yahoo Chat Rooms --- Miss that badly.

Even after paying good amount, you are not assured of real profile and people.

tonyf64
4/17/18

OkCupid is a joke! I have used both the browser & phone app versions & all I ever get is bot scripts messaging me. I clearly state in my profile that I will not be paying ever, and that if someone is interested in me to write not add me to liked because I will never see that they liked me so its pointless. This site is mostly bot scrips, fake profiles, and garbage. I have never talked to a real person on this site other then the site admin.

If you like talking to bot scripts & don't mind filling out 100's of pointless questions that lead no where. Sign up!

Better site,
InterPals.net - Dating, Friends, Pen Friends, Language Exchange, and more.

daphned13
4/13/18

I am a trans woman, submissive and have cats to begin with and I specifically indicate in my profile that I am not interested in dating another trans person, that I am a lesbian, that my interest is in a dominant partner and that I do not want to see or be seen by straight people. I spent hours answering questions that would indicate who I am and what I am looking for. I was initially very impressed with the information requested and expected some nice results. However, when I look at the suggested matches list the site is trying to feed me all I see are other trans women, Straight MEN and women, other submissive women and people who are horribly allergic to cats. This is not a random or intermittent occurrence. Almost every person the have suggested or that has a high comparability fits in to one or even all of these categories. I sent lots of personal information now and am just looking for a way to close my account because OK Cupid is either completely ineffective in the manner that they use the data provided or they are purposefully $#*!ing with trans people and those who kink. Don't waste your time.

jamese217
4/5/18

What I like about this site is that they are upfront. It is a decent "free" dating site. If you want more than the basics, you pay for these products and/or services. Nice thing is that you get to test drive it for as long as you like, Not a "free this weekend and then we automatically start billing you" If it is for you, then step up and add some options.

johnm1348
4/5/18

There is a lot to like about cupid.com, the app, the number of active users, the low cost. I tend to but a months subscription every 6 months to see how I get on, been doing that for years. Sometimes I drop off after the month, other times I keep it going. I've had a lot of luck recently with a great site called WeJustFit that's a bit more under the radar, so I've not been trying as many sites as usual, but signed up to Cupid today for my half yearly check and it's good to see

jefff102
4/4/18

Unless you subscribe, you can't see who has liked you. For $19.95 for one month, you can see this but can't read any messages that have been sent you. For that you'll need to pay $25 for one month. Be careful if you do this, I tried and got signed up for 3 months. To see a profile, $3. Luckily I made an error on credit card info and escaped the $25.

michelled180
3/30/18

I am new to this but when I like someone and send them a message they disappear from my profile. When I go to Who You Like it says no one and they say they push the messages, but I don't think they are going anywhere because the person I messaged to disappears.

ursd
3/24/18

Since last update okc is stealing my intellectual property (my messages) and hide the profiles i have sent to. They say that they push the sent messages, but i doubt seriously. They are not even able to send you proper copies.

Trying so to sell A-list membership is marketing for fools!

With every update this app is going worser, but now is really too much. Delete the app!!!

dk118
D K.
3/21/18

They deleted my profile for absolutely no reason or explanation.

It's better to not even start using it since they don't care about their customers at all.

Waste of time.

alanm170
3/12/18

I had downloaded the program OK cupid and had my account unpaid for a little while but there was so called five people liked me. Since you have to pay to see who likes you I paid the money. But I found all five likes had been fag boys even though I had in my profile that I was a straight male. So why was OK cupid showing my profile to gays when I said I was straight. Be warned about this scam of a site

tijanap
Tijana P.
2/27/18

Been using OKC for 3 years now. The search options are excellent, Interface is good... There are a lot of opportunities and space to present yourself to others. Matching questions are so obviously done by professionals. Liberal $#*!s, but still professionals. The only downside is that it is not that much popular service, where I live, thus number of users is pretty much limited. Still, they seem to be more intellectual. Only recently the changes made it a little worse. You can't see messages, until you match with that person, if you write a message to someone, you can't see their profile in search or even in messages anymore, until eventually replied, you can't hide people... Therefore a 4 star rating from me

teresah91
2/24/18

I must say I have been quite impressed by okcupid. As someone that's quite new to online dating I've only tried wejustfit.com and this one. Both are excellent and I've found a variety of interesting people to speak to and even meet in person. I wouldn't quite say that I've found my 'knight in shining armour' yet but I believe that having two sites that have plenty of members in my area (Kensington) really give me the best possible chance. Here's hoping anyway! Best x

alant106
2/18/18

Couple of years ago I used OKCupid for a while. Plenty of my messages went unanswered but I got few dates as well, one of which led to a relationship.

Fast forward three years: I'm single again and open a new profile on the site. It turns out, there's been lots of changes that practically ensure prospective partners won't see each others' messages. A shame really.

christophers146
2/18/18

OKCupid is absolutely decrepit. It does not work properly! When I do a search for "Hookups only" on the OKCupid app on my phone, not a single profile of a person who is trying to hook up shows up. When I use it on my PC, the results are entirely different, and I come across plenty of profiles of people looking for a hookup. This makes absolutely no sense! The site/app are either poorly written, poorly maintained, or both. They even charged me $7.99 just so I can see who likes me, which is totally ridiculous! :(

karent29
2/12/18

So I'm divorced after 20 years of marriage and starting over and moved to Arizona from Pennsylvania, no friends, alone no man. So have to start somewhere, don't want to spend money on a fixed income when I don't know what will work. Match.com kept sending me men in Pennsylvania, not Arizona when I changed everything, they charge way too much up front the whole 6 months upfront. The auto Renew is a pain to cancel with many sites. So to the point,OK Cupid in Arizona, I think is great. I've met 4 men in two weeks, one I like very much. They are professionals, all have good careers except one. I'm 63years old female, semi retired,but really young looking, very athletic,from NY, NJ,PA and now Arizona for life. This site is easy to navigate, free to search matches, free to send and receive messages,where can you do that on the web? Keep in mind that your information is being exposed and pictures to the world, so be safe. But where can you meet men or women for free, message and replies. You may find some fake men or women scam artists, just understand it's free you get what you get for free. I never found that situation. Make sure to watch behind when I'm leaving a date,maybe purchase some protection ,keep it on you, if there is something weird with the person. Just give your cell phone to people you feel you can trust. I decided to pay for 1 month cost me $15.95. I turned off the auto renew subscription, so that's for 1 month only. I asked them to tell me if I did this they actually replied back to me. Customer service is pretty good when emailing them, you might have to wait a little for an answer by email or email them again.They will help you upfront, reply back with answers for you. I would recommend this site for dating just really been great for me. I do not work for this company or web, this is a totally independent current review 2/11/2018.

thomash205
2/8/18

OkCupid is great but dont rule out other good options (e.g wejustfit.com etc) the bottom line here y'all is that you gotta be patient and smart enough to put the effort in if you want to arrange real dates using internet dating. Trust me y'all, it does pay off if you keep your expectations in check. Good things do come to those that wait.

angeliiiisb
2/4/18

I was on OK cupid since it first started for about 3 years. First time around it was a great site and I actually answered over 2500 questions seriously thinking that the more questions I answer the better shot I will have at finding Mr Right 4 me. I got really frustrated at the sites offers of men although I did rave and promote the site to many of the guys on POF. I especially liked the HIDE FEATURE AND THE CHAT SESSIONS. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM with the questions being answered and I really appreciated the site although I did not get a single date from the site. The biggest problem with the site is there are not enough men and the ones I found compatible were FAR AWAY, like many states away. I decided to take a break from the site and hid my profile for about a year. Then I returned and was I ever in for a unpleasant surprise You could no longer chat on the site, you no longer had the hide availability and the guys on the site are fugly. Looks like some went to the Bowery and photographed homeless, people and put them on the site. I exaggerate NOT. Then come to find out OK was selling personal information from the people on the site answering. OOOO In addition to that they intentionally mismatched the algorithms saying you were compatible 89% (what ever the score) to people you were definitely not compatible with.At first when I found them to sell personal information without my permission I figured well the site is free and they do have to make $$$ but the intentional mismatch was what did me in. I deleted, never been back since. I am surprised that are still active.

591 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Sure! If you want to wait til hell freezes over. You're better off getting more fat cats! :-)

By michael h.

OLC is so so...... Most of the woman are in dream land and seeking Mr USA.. And are not going to meet you in person 95% of the time.... You really need to weed out the B.S & players.... And that is simple to do........ If they can't meet you in person in public with in one week. Drop them.... Don't waste your time.... Next!

By Danny M.

Terri - this is what I recently sent in about OKC. I will answer your specific questions at the end of this. I have heard many complaints about OKC and scammers. But I AM NOT HAVING ANYWHERE NEAR THE PROBLEMS THAT OTHERS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT. I am on several sites, and I experience about the same % of scammers on all. 1) it is so easy to spot a scanner - he wants to use email or text/phone right away. Is this really a problem? I immediately block. 2) if he is in Africa or any other 3rd world nation, I immediately block. I filter my messages so that I do not receive messages from anyone who has answered less than 100 questions or is at least an 85% match. Scammers are so obvious. Also, I note that most scammers claim to be "god-fearing christians," or "looking for an LTR or marriage." I am an atheist and very liberal and state this in my profile and my questions. I know what I am about to say is very offputting, snobbish, elite, etc., but I don't think scammers hit atheist, well-educated, and skeptical people as much as they do others (christians). Sorry, but I did say you wouldn't like that. Scammers are on every site. I have been following the sites and the complaints about scammers. My conclusion, based on my experience, blogs, and LOTS of research, indicate that every site has about the same amount of scammers. Sites that provide almost 0% info on potential matches (Zoosk, POF, tagged, Chemistry, Match, ourtime, etc. - all worthless for matching, IMO) do NOT have fewer scammer than OKC. I am also a moderator on OKC. WORD: Do a GIS on every picture on every profile on every site. It will tell you if the pics were stolen from a commercial source (models, actors, etc.) or not. I have had a ton (sometimes 3/week) of dates from OKC, and I do not believe any of these guys were scammers. Finally, if you know how to spot a scammer, what difference does it make how many there are on any site? I am 59. Yes, I have many very young men contacting me. I just say "You are too young, but thank you for your interest." If they reply, I block. As I stated, I've met tons of great guys (and of course, creeps) and had a lot of dates. I have a lot of correspondence before the date, and make it clear that I am looking for LTR and NOT FWB, NSA (what a load of crap). I have not clicked with anyone yet; but the, I am an atheist, free-thinker, liberal in Texas. Not a lot of guys hit on me (after 18 months on OKC, I only get about 8 guys/week hitting on me. Check my profile: I'm not gorgeous (LIB75002) or email me: joannar75002@gmail.com). I will be happy to help you further, if requested.

By Joanna R.

If you use care and caution it's safe. Women are subjected to more weirdos but you can block them. Spammers are going to get through and they will usually ask for your email or phone number. If someone interests you message a lot before you meet and always meet in a public place. If someone insists on more than you're comfortable with move on.

By Marty E.

Yes, I have had this happen a lot. People just want your phone number because they don't want to use the site. Then they want to ask questions like where you are from. I guess so they can research you. I am real leery about giving out my email and phone numbers. All kinds of scammers out there.

By Connie E.

Yes, it is completely free... You pay for the more advanced features, but over the last ten years or so, I have met my last 6 lovers through the site ( though oftentimes it turns out that we already knew the same people... The matching algorithms are simply _that_ *good*!) and have never given them a single penny. ( though honestly, I really should, if only out of gratitude! ) Give it a try, it really is head and shoulders above the rest of the sites out there...!

By Todd M.

Yes. They'll never meet with you because they're contractors and 3rd party representatives, which is a fancy term for scam artists contacting you and pretending to be someone you think that you're looking at in the picture/profile that you are in contact with. The photos are ripped off from Facebook, Tumbler, or porn websites. THESE ARE THIEVES! I was robbed for over 150$ by one of these sites, and it's time to let everyone know. MAKE SURE THAT YOU READ ALL REVIEWS BEFORE REGISTERING FOR ANYTHING!!!

By John D.

Unless they have everything backed up, you're out of luck.

By Ian H.

Same site, smae people, same matches, but slightly different features.

By Jacco V.

I got over 500 "likes" in my 7 months on OKC. I never paid to see them. A lot of them were from men who lived more than 200 miles away, I'm guessing. Being tall, thin, never married, and childless, I got a lot of messages. I only met 7 of the men who messaged me. "Likes" are pretty irrelevant, so just see what you get with the free messages.

By Crocodile F.
Questions? Get answers from the OkCupid staff and other customers.

OkCupid?