Review of Tinder

help@gotinder.com
2018 Customer choice award

cyf5
4/1/19

I'm sure you know exactly what I mean, ask your loads of very dissatisfied customers . Charging customers without clear pre warning is unacceptable

lenitas
3/22/19

The first thing Tinder did was banned me for no reason, no explanation. I started a second account and did not disclose my real age due to personal reasons. On my birthday, I decided to check my account and my real age was posted. How in the $#*! did y'all find out my real age and then decide to post it without my permission?This has to be illegal and definitely an invasion of privacy. I know this company will not last long and will face charges. I will file a lawsuit against you and you will have to pay. So thanks Tinder for being jackasses and for my lifelong settlement to come.

kevinm790
3/19/19

Tinder really aint so bad you know. Ive tried better (wejustfit.com or Cupid) but ive tried far, far worse chaps. Dont panic if you aint getting anywhere, just takes a bit of wheelin n dealin with sum of these birds. Be polite and show a tad respect n you might get somewhere, innit.

nathanw127
3/16/19

Tinder is over. Now they protect the illegal prostitution flooding so many of their profiles. I complained about it and they cancelled my premium subscription.

waynes211
3/4/19

Absolute scam ans waste of time and money. if ANYTHING goes wrong with the app or being able to receive messages,(which it does OFTEN - just read the forums) open matches etc, their customer service doesn't give one crap about you or how much money you have paid. Its an absolute scam waiting for suckers to pay their hard earned cash and piss it up against the wall. Go elsewhere, this is an absolute rip off and the wankers that own it and are just raking in your money and laughing at you.

antr4
2/11/19

It seems as if 99% of the profits are either fake or nobody just doesn't use this site. All I see is beautiful women that I can't communicate with because I have to "match" with them in order to speak to anyone. Also, I have over 10+ matches and have been swiping right on all profiles just to see if I'll get a match (don't trip, I'm not desperate) and I am still on 10+ matches.. HOW?

rogerb250
11/21/18

After my last single friend got married last month I took the plunge into online dating. I dont ever want to go to another wedding that isnt my own!! Im using Tinder (good) and wejustfit.com (fab) and ive already set up three dates between those two. Not sure if thats good but its enough for me and really helps as im not the bar going type and dont want to be a pet project for my married friends to help find me dates, etc. Going to give this 6 months and see what happens :-)

aa226
11/17/18

Waaaay too secretive, convoluted and vindictive in the way that it assigns your "score" or "visibility" and deals out extremely low scores or even suspected shadowbans and such. Suspected to remember facebook accounts/phone numbers and reassign low scores upon account deletion and re-creation, or penalize you in other ways. And now on the verge of making impossible to truly start a fresh account with a clean slate, score-wise, without using a new phone number.

They make it convoluted and difficult to use it in a reasonable way and get any kind of visibility, whilst at the same time penalizing people for deleting their account and starting over again, which they are obviously going to want to do because of how easy it is to unintentionally brick your account.If you are thinking of installing this and liking a selective handful of profiles that you particularly like the look of, and expect those profiles to ever see yours, think again and choose another app/website. Basically if you don't swipe right on somewhere approaching half of the profiles you see like some kind of horn dog you will get a crap score/visibility, if you haven't used your account for a while you get a crap score/visibility, and so on. It's like you're constantly fighting against it to stay above water, and that just isn't beneficial.

They orchestrate it like this, and periodically remove/retárd functionality, so that a minority of users will pay in an attempt to make it useable or restore functionality that was previously available for free, and this obviously works out for tinder business-wise, because the amount of users that are deleting their accounts and will never touch the thing again, without having paid a single penny, is staggering and increasing every day, so they must be getting enough money from these few, paying users to make it worth it.Useful if you are an instagram or snapchat slut and want to increase your followers though.

Oh, and now you have to repeatedly "verify" a phone number literally every few days just to be able to open the app. Yeah, that'll bring in more users and not annoy existing ones...

Tip for consumers: ?

peters632
11/7/18

Besides the tons of fake profiles, what's with the very few responses I get for plain PROSTITUTES and girls looking for SUGAR DADDIES?
Tinder is the biggest scam. 3 months after Tinder Gold and $200 in Super Likes, not ONE single real date. Tinder is infested with catfish, I even believe ghost writers working for Tinder replying a few times and then dissapearong into thin air, and very few real women there.
A friend only got a date with a real psycho woman after 4 months on Tinder and that was it, he closed his account after Tinder making it next to impossible to close his account and avoid keep being charged.

jessicar303
11/4/18

Stay away from this app you will just get scammed into one night stands the men are so disgusting and gross and if you try to chat with them they will not respond to messages in in about a couple of hours they were just on match you with no reason go spend your money with match.com

cristiann2
9/30/18

Dont get why people complain about this site. Sure, it's not as good as some of the lesser known sites like WeJustFit or Match but still, it can get you results if you play things patiently and dont expect to find the woman of your dreams in five minutes. Sure theyre a big company with big advertising budgets but you still have to make an effort. I mean come on, guys, love takes time! In my experience and ive been dating online for a long time now, you get what you put in.

terrys341
9/21/18

Well, Tinder will allow whores to conduct business through their web site. If you are bi or poly.....you get kicked off. Very discriminating! Everybody there works for a hospital or university and they all have bastard children. Almost every profile begins with, my son/daughter is my world...so if you can't handle that swipe left. All fake people kissing each other's asses in unison. Pucker up if your going to join.

gbbigm
9/13/18

Hello everyone, So I started my tinder gold subscription for 6 months a couple days ago. I recently woke up to an error code A40303. I immediately contacted tinder customer support via email. The customer representative on the other end was so quick to judge me on breaking the TOS even though I've done nothing wrong.
There are plenty of stories on the internet where tinder has banned people for no reason. It's shocking to think they would ban me days after I spent my money on tinder gold and I feel like I was being ripped off. Do not use tinder or contact their customer representatives it is a waste of time!

Tip for consumers: Stay far away from tinder and Don't pay for the gold membership they will bann you without reason!

kevins525
8/12/18

Horrible experience with Tinder. Permanently banned with no explanation as to why. Was told that I had violated their Terms of Service. Knowing full well that I hadn't done anything remotely close to violating the T.O.S., I contacted their customer service department. Received a generic pre-programmed reply almost 1 WEEK LATER telling me to review their terms of service for more information.
Tinder's Stalin-esque tactics:
1.) Arbitrarily banned without cause.
2.) No information provided as to reason for being banned.
3.) No right to know who the accusser is.
4.) No appeals process in place.

Bottom line: Stay very far away from Tinder!

nancyo91
8/10/18

I have to say that Tinder has the WORST customer service/support I have ever seen.
I sent a message 3 days ago and still no reply.
I've had issues before with Tinder and had to deal with an incompetent guy who just stated the obvious options when of course I had already tried them all and beyond before resorting to contacting you.
U need to get a better system: call or live chat
I am paying good money for an app that has no customer service whatsoever.

I was in Cabo for 11 days trying to meet people to hang out with. No matter what distance I plugged (up to 161km!) in or age range (27 to 45) I still only got 1 or 2 profile choices per day!!! How is that even possible. I even got Tinder Gold hoping that it might help. $100cdn layer, still no matches! Of course they did not reply to my requests for support.
I tried restarting my phone, uninstalling and deleting my account several times to no avail.

rebeccaw73
7/31/18

These jerks permanently banned me today because some jerk intentionally swiped right on me to harass me and insult me, called me names and had nothing absolutely nothing good to say to me. My responses had to do with the fact that I must have shot him down for him to have so much anger and I was only doing to him what he was doing to me. So Tinder people decide you banned me permanently. If it wasn't for the females in this world you wouldn't have a popular app at all. It is females like me that make you popular. Tinder also states that they worry about the safety of their members. Where were they during all the times that I needed intervening. Ridiculous app and filled with glitches and bugs. Just use Bumble which I heard was created by a former Tinder creator.

I also can't believe the power they have to pull this BS but yet the same people constantly install delete in repeat. For those of you that don't know what that is that means there are certain idiots that create an account delete it and then recreate it so then you have to swipe left on them multiple times to get rid of them in some of these idiots do this daily. They can block my IP but they can't block theirs how amazing.

They also allow children to be posted which I think is completely inappropriate for a dating / hookup website. Shame on you people

gordonm89
7/30/18

I learned a long time ago not to get your hopes up on online dating sites but if you remain realistic you can avoid disappointment and it makes arranging dates, when they do happen, even more special. Ive had dates on WeJustFit, Tinder, POF, etc. They do happen you just have to put in some work and be patient and positive. In short, this site is worth a try if you keep an open mind.

bonnies179
7/24/18

I was only on Twitter for a couple of weeks when I was permanent banned. They gave me absolutely no reason for this. I am outspoken about my dislike of Trump and told one guy that and I was immediately banned. I am an American citizen and I have the right to engage in political speech. Watch out, Facebook, you've already been targeted for spreading Russian troll propaganda. This is outrageous. Tinder should have to explain why they are banning you and they do not.

carrinnac
7/19/18

It might have taken a few crazies to find him but I found the love of my life on June 29th, 2017. We were married this year on June 29th. All the dating websites have their bad eggs but I really liked tinder because I got to choose who was able to connect with me.

simonp98
7/5/18

from the point of view of some 1 that wants more than a fling I realy like tinder. I use it with wejustfit and those 2 are the dating websites I like the most.

alicen17
7/2/18

I met the love of my life aka my sugar daddy he just bought me a car thats worth more than my childhood house. He makes me happy with all the money he has. The app works wonders I would totally recommend this app 10/10

shalandah
6/24/18

I have tried to email and get the issue resolved as to why I can't get into my account and I'm sure I didn't do anything disrespectful or out of tinder guidelines and like I stated in my email my phone was stolen and I had to get another one but I have yet to get the reason why I'm banned after all this time

peters586
6/15/18

The app is super easy to use but just swiping left to like someone although the thought of just liking and not liking someone by just swiping does add fuel
To the idea that dating is becoming more like our throw away society.

luism159
6/8/18

dont listn to the haterz. Sure it aint as good as wejustfit.com or some other top top sites but it aint bad at all either. What do sum ppl expect, really? True love takes true effort deal wit it lol

bettyl64
5/10/18

Ladies, be careful , meet many scammers on site. Normally is the Nigerian targeting Asian ladies. They used other people photo to scam . Dont give your personal photo or information to them.

153 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Is any dating site legit?

By Claire k.

It's a scam, like all these other sites. Maybe not as bad as other ones, but in the long run, you still get robbed.

By John D.

It is free. just keep in mind that most of the profiles are fake..you'll have to go through several hundred of them to have any hopes of getting in contact with a real person

By Kelly S.

I am here looking for s genuine person Please contact me

By Angella L.

you will review a thousand profiles before even 1 is a match so you decide

By Kelly S.

no cost, just a lot of time so I guess that is a cost

By Kelly S.

If you search online for 'android emulators' you can have google play up and running in no time

By Wil G.

Questions? Get answers from the Tinder staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Tinder