Review of Tinder

help@gotinder.com
2018 Customer choice award

tonyk27
6/23/19

After hearing all about the "popularity" of Tinder, and trying the free versions, I decided to try to Gold option.... just to give it a full review. Not actively seeking but seeing how it was and how matches were.
After swiping in over 60 countries and cities, literally hundreds of matches (some I still haven't even messaged), here's a few things I've taken away from Tinder

After one full month of Tinder Gold they're a few conclusions:
1. Their customer service SUCKS (even for paid members). Had an issue twice where it wouldn't show any matches at all. Emailed them about it... 2 days later they replied with a basic thing to try which didn't work. Sent back an email to notifiy of this and I'm not able to use the service.... they never replied. Eventually, I got it rectified via web search
So if you're paying for their premium service and you're not able to get it to work, you're on your own!

2. Lots of fake profiles!! Despite Tinder requiring phone verification or FB and often banning certain accounts; they have one of the highest rates of fake accounts of any dating app!
Add them on WhatsApp and see if they're willing for a video call. This will eventually weed out the fakes.

3. Speak of fakes... watch out for scams. Key ones being: "need money for groceries" ... "worried about my college and need money to finish or pay for a month" .... "sick kids" ..... or just direct ones "money for photos or videos"

4. The latter would more come into a service which is another thing Tider is just used for. Primarily escorts and massage therapy are highly publicised here.

Overall if you're really looking for a "relationship" or even just a serious real conversation that "may" lead to something, then this is definitely not the site / app to use!! If you're just looking to meet or have ONS with random people then this is perfect but nothing more.
Just be careful and make sure to see persons on video first!

After one month I've met no-one in person and I wasn't actively searching and... if i'm paying for a "virtual passport" why waste it swiping in my own location. Also, after having hundreds of conversations, 99% of them were unmatched or deleted from WhatsApp as an intellectual conversation can be had with the majority of persons that continues past 2 or 3 days. Only 1 match remains an active normal conversation.

Specs: M searching for F
Ages for the review: 23 - 50
Countries: Worldwide (USA, Canada, Caribbean, South Amerca, Central America, UK, Europe, Africa, Philippines, Russia, Thailand, Hong Kong, Fiji, Hawaii, Australia... I'm sure I've missed a few remote countries in this list)
Final stats: 82 matches open chats and 7 unopened

zerpg
6/21/19

Tinder occasionally send men a fake match...this is to inspire you to buy the product...that's when your problems really begin.They have zero customer service...phone or email...you get referred to a site called get human that charges $40 per month...cant make it non recurring.....and all you get is a chat with a robot...my credit card company considers the entire tinder operation a fraud and instantly refunded me. NEVER send Tinder money!!!!!!!!! The free site is only better because it is free. You get less swipes every day to try to force you to buy the unlimited swipe membership. Don't do it!!!!!!!! So,for the last two weeksI swipe LIKE for EVERY profile. I put up a picture of some unbelievably handsome guy and wrote a brief lovely profile that would make me look like the catch of the century and I know what I'm doing as 20 years of being a marketing executive...I've been married.....had sex with a lot of women....and am very confident and know what women like....and all of this was tersely and graciously implied in a brilliant profile...not one response at any age range,race,height weight etc......I said YES to EVERY SINGLE PROFILE whether I thought them fake or not...and brother, they're all fake. I realize many of you, if you had the attention span to read this,will disagree and waste your money or time anyway...I can't say 'good luck' because luck and skill do not work with cyber frauds...with zero personnel to contact.I WOULD say, call a lawyer to initiate a class action suit or call the better Business Bureau or Atty General office...they DO pick up a fukkin phone except then you get lost in the bureaucracy which does nothing in the end...And the final point is, and i say this to dudes because they are the only real people who are desperate enough to use these frauds....calla good hooker...spend the money...get exactly what you want sexually...no,they are sociopaths incapable of feeling, true enough, but at least you get your biology satisfied....THE INTERNET IS 99.999% fraud. don't you get that yet? what will it take? And here gentlemen, I take a low and theatric stage bow...and leave you to your respective follies and desperation with a lost cause...If you are over 20 and not a billionaire, completely forget american females.....

jobertr
6/16/19

This site is good to meet new people, looking for love and friendship but beware of some people have bad intension, scammers, poser etc.

breanns3
6/11/19

So usually I love Tinder, but i just got a notification that I am banned. I have no idea why I would get banned since I am SURE I never violated any of their terms. Mostly I use tinder to make friends with other like-minded people. Then when I emailed them to ask why my account got banned, tinder emailed back saying they cannot give me any information and that there is no appeal process so I can never have an account again. Since I already paid for this month, to me that is extremely shady.

alexb461
6/9/19

They charged me almost $50 to subscribe tender gold for a month, the next day I was banned !! Without any legitimate reason...
"They do not participate in consumer affairs program" so keep your money from scammers please.

deepakk70
5/25/19

I live in a Extremist country where the ysage of tinder is minimal. Therefore it is hard to get the match. Although some people use it but majority is of girls.

kajsan1
5/14/19

This app is great for everyone gay or straight. Its easy to Navigate and understand. You can edit your location and swipe from across the world. This app is good.

tomh675
5/4/19

Im still a bit unsure on Tinder. Every1 says its amazin but I've already had more dates on wejustfit.com (which I joined a week later). Im not gonna give up but just thinkin that other ppls experience mite not always be what you will have. Try a few and stick with the 1 that works 4 u. Thats my opinion at least! :-)

colinw80
5/3/19

I was banned by tinder multiple times because bigoted users would report my account because I am genderfluid. Tinder would then promptly ban my account. For a while tinder support would reinstate my account but all the sudden they tell me that I've gone against their terms so they will not reinstate my account. That is bull$#*!...the only crime I committed was being genderfluid. Tinder discriminates and denies services to those who are not "male" or "female". So disgusting. Never ever use this app.

kimberlyl191
4/23/19

My newly turned 17 year old, able to just change his birthdate, find an older young person after being told it's "a easy way to get laid !" I'm at fault as a mother, but now I have a twenty year old, sexual confused young lady living w me after an abusive family life finds her on our doorstep Easter night w no where to go! I hope she's not Cat fishing my son but after only a few visits, and lots of phone conversations who knows! After giving her three weeks to come up w plan, I fear my son will be gone w her! Tinder is known for their easy hook up site! My son was encouraged to use the site from other kids at his college for easy pick ups. And yes a 17 year old is still a kid.

cyf5
4/1/19

I'm sure you know exactly what I mean, ask your loads of very dissatisfied customers . Charging customers without clear pre warning is unacceptable

lenitas
3/22/19

The first thing Tinder did was banned me for no reason, no explanation. I started a second account and did not disclose my real age due to personal reasons. On my birthday, I decided to check my account and my real age was posted. How in the $#*! did y'all find out my real age and then decide to post it without my permission?This has to be illegal and definitely an invasion of privacy. I know this company will not last long and will face charges. I will file a lawsuit against you and you will have to pay. So thanks Tinder for being jackasses and for my lifelong settlement to come.

kevinm790
3/19/19

Tinder really aint so bad you know. Ive tried better (wejustfit.com or Cupid) but ive tried far, far worse chaps. Dont panic if you aint getting anywhere, just takes a bit of wheelin n dealin with sum of these birds. Be polite and show a tad respect n you might get somewhere, innit.

nathanw127
3/16/19

Tinder is over. Now they protect the illegal prostitution flooding so many of their profiles. I complained about it and they cancelled my premium subscription.

waynes211
3/4/19

Absolute scam ans waste of time and money. if ANYTHING goes wrong with the app or being able to receive messages,(which it does OFTEN - just read the forums) open matches etc, their customer service doesn't give one crap about you or how much money you have paid. Its an absolute scam waiting for suckers to pay their hard earned cash and piss it up against the wall. Go elsewhere, this is an absolute rip off and the wankers that own it and are just raking in your money and laughing at you.

antr4
2/11/19

It seems as if 99% of the profits are either fake or nobody just doesn't use this site. All I see is beautiful women that I can't communicate with because I have to "match" with them in order to speak to anyone. Also, I have over 10+ matches and have been swiping right on all profiles just to see if I'll get a match (don't trip, I'm not desperate) and I am still on 10+ matches.. HOW?

rogerb250
11/21/18

After my last single friend got married last month I took the plunge into online dating. I dont ever want to go to another wedding that isnt my own!! Im using Tinder (good) and wejustfit.com (fab) and ive already set up three dates between those two. Not sure if thats good but its enough for me and really helps as im not the bar going type and dont want to be a pet project for my married friends to help find me dates, etc. Going to give this 6 months and see what happens :-)

aa226
11/17/18

Waaaay too secretive, convoluted and vindictive in the way that it assigns your "score" or "visibility" and deals out extremely low scores or even suspected shadowbans and such. Suspected to remember facebook accounts/phone numbers and reassign low scores upon account deletion and re-creation, or penalize you in other ways. And now on the verge of making impossible to truly start a fresh account with a clean slate, score-wise, without using a new phone number.

They make it convoluted and difficult to use it in a reasonable way and get any kind of visibility, whilst at the same time penalizing people for deleting their account and starting over again, which they are obviously going to want to do because of how easy it is to unintentionally brick your account.If you are thinking of installing this and liking a selective handful of profiles that you particularly like the look of, and expect those profiles to ever see yours, think again and choose another app/website. Basically if you don't swipe right on somewhere approaching half of the profiles you see like some kind of horn dog you will get a crap score/visibility, if you haven't used your account for a while you get a crap score/visibility, and so on. It's like you're constantly fighting against it to stay above water, and that just isn't beneficial.

They orchestrate it like this, and periodically remove/retárd functionality, so that a minority of users will pay in an attempt to make it useable or restore functionality that was previously available for free, and this obviously works out for tinder business-wise, because the amount of users that are deleting their accounts and will never touch the thing again, without having paid a single penny, is staggering and increasing every day, so they must be getting enough money from these few, paying users to make it worth it.Useful if you are an instagram or snapchat slut and want to increase your followers though.

Oh, and now you have to repeatedly "verify" a phone number literally every few days just to be able to open the app. Yeah, that'll bring in more users and not annoy existing ones...

Tip for consumers: ?

peters632
11/7/18

Besides the tons of fake profiles, what's with the very few responses I get for plain PROSTITUTES and girls looking for SUGAR DADDIES?
Tinder is the biggest scam. 3 months after Tinder Gold and $200 in Super Likes, not ONE single real date. Tinder is infested with catfish, I even believe ghost writers working for Tinder replying a few times and then dissapearong into thin air, and very few real women there.
A friend only got a date with a real psycho woman after 4 months on Tinder and that was it, he closed his account after Tinder making it next to impossible to close his account and avoid keep being charged.

jessicar303
11/4/18

Stay away from this app you will just get scammed into one night stands the men are so disgusting and gross and if you try to chat with them they will not respond to messages in in about a couple of hours they were just on match you with no reason go spend your money with match.com

cristiann2
9/30/18

Dont get why people complain about this site. Sure, it's not as good as some of the lesser known sites like WeJustFit or Match but still, it can get you results if you play things patiently and dont expect to find the woman of your dreams in five minutes. Sure theyre a big company with big advertising budgets but you still have to make an effort. I mean come on, guys, love takes time! In my experience and ive been dating online for a long time now, you get what you put in.

terrys341
9/21/18

Well, Tinder will allow whores to conduct business through their web site. If you are bi or poly.....you get kicked off. Very discriminating! Everybody there works for a hospital or university and they all have bastard children. Almost every profile begins with, my son/daughter is my world...so if you can't handle that swipe left. All fake people kissing each other's asses in unison. Pucker up if your going to join.

gbbigm
9/13/18

Hello everyone, So I started my tinder gold subscription for 6 months a couple days ago. I recently woke up to an error code A40303. I immediately contacted tinder customer support via email. The customer representative on the other end was so quick to judge me on breaking the TOS even though I've done nothing wrong.
There are plenty of stories on the internet where tinder has banned people for no reason. It's shocking to think they would ban me days after I spent my money on tinder gold and I feel like I was being ripped off. Do not use tinder or contact their customer representatives it is a waste of time!

Tip for consumers: Stay far away from tinder and Don't pay for the gold membership they will bann you without reason!

kevins525
8/12/18

Horrible experience with Tinder. Permanently banned with no explanation as to why. Was told that I had violated their Terms of Service. Knowing full well that I hadn't done anything remotely close to violating the T.O.S., I contacted their customer service department. Received a generic pre-programmed reply almost 1 WEEK LATER telling me to review their terms of service for more information.
Tinder's Stalin-esque tactics:
1.) Arbitrarily banned without cause.
2.) No information provided as to reason for being banned.
3.) No right to know who the accusser is.
4.) No appeals process in place.

Bottom line: Stay very far away from Tinder!

nancyo91
8/10/18

I have to say that Tinder has the WORST customer service/support I have ever seen.
I sent a message 3 days ago and still no reply.
I've had issues before with Tinder and had to deal with an incompetent guy who just stated the obvious options when of course I had already tried them all and beyond before resorting to contacting you.
U need to get a better system: call or live chat
I am paying good money for an app that has no customer service whatsoever.

I was in Cabo for 11 days trying to meet people to hang out with. No matter what distance I plugged (up to 161km!) in or age range (27 to 45) I still only got 1 or 2 profile choices per day!!! How is that even possible. I even got Tinder Gold hoping that it might help. $100cdn layer, still no matches! Of course they did not reply to my requests for support.
I tried restarting my phone, uninstalling and deleting my account several times to no avail.

153 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Is any dating site legit?

By Claire k.

It's a scam, like all these other sites. Maybe not as bad as other ones, but in the long run, you still get robbed.

By John D.

It is free. just keep in mind that most of the profiles are fake..you'll have to go through several hundred of them to have any hopes of getting in contact with a real person

By Kelly S.

I am here looking for s genuine person Please contact me

By Angella L.

you will review a thousand profiles before even 1 is a match so you decide

By Kelly S.

no cost, just a lot of time so I guess that is a cost

By Kelly S.

If you search online for 'android emulators' you can have google play up and running in no time

By Wil G.

Questions? Get answers from the Tinder staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Tinder