Review of Tinder

help@gotinder.com
2017 Customer choice award

rond203
11/21/17

First off Im 48, not at all ugly, and in good shape, and retired?! The app idea itself is great- my problem is Im in an open marriage- yeah well sorry after years of working on our intimacy shes gone through child birth and menopause and intimacy really low and mine is not! We decided I can go oustside. Im still prefacing this all: I am a personable attractive person looking for friendship and intimacy- that is apparently NOT OK with womens 30-50 in Bay Area Ca. Well the women in this area my age are obviously over achievers and well, narcissistic yet they all want LTR. Hey I have flown planes, jumped out of perfectly good ones, rode motorcycles, travelled, freelance author, educated but they have to show u pix of themselves doing what I just said- if I did that I hope people would laugh at such a show off?!! I talked to a really nice rubenesque (I like that- sometimes they are a lot less vain) and we were having a really great talk ab everything! I forgot to put my height on my profile- so I was 2 shorter than her and that would throw off her mojo?!?! That is soooo Ca. Female!!!
So u have to list your height and that u are a good person and honest (I always have been) and that you arent a man and you will commit to LTR forever just because they can take selfies and list every accomplishment?
Venting here- Ill stop. You have to be clear on your little write up of yourself- heres the critique: the write up area should contain more characters so you can provide EVERY detail for what is really your interview! If u both swipe that u like each others page it opens a text bubble and you can choose to converse- very well done. I did buy a subscription that needs this all up for around $20 just for one month. Since Im obviously in the evil poly category now, I should have listed that although plenty are like yuck poly (Im going skydiving and taking care of me- come get me Im so much more awesome- thats why Im single). I did see some decent people who identified as poly and even less women in their 50s who were a little too far out there?! Hey its Ca. So people gotta throw in the no trump supporters or conservatives. Wow really? So sorry to rant but the Tinder idea is inspired but in Bay Area Ca. Its a joke. Lots of attractive ladies my age with kids single looking for their next husband?!? Nothing on their profile and not serious ab this at all. Then they will grill you until they know ur in no way looking to have any quality time with a lady but only job interview for LTR. Perhaps younger folks have a better time because theres so much sex drugs n podcasts? FYI stay away from Ashley Madison and Wild which are total scams to make u buy tokens with fake people trying to talk to you. Also Fet Life can be OK but I believe it works best with my non-hetero friends. I may try OK Cupid and just be brutally honest. I thought I had a pretty entertaining Tinder page that was descriptive, good pix, humorous, real. Some barely took the time to read it before responding. It could just be me in my situation: over forty and craving a partner with my vitality and passion and friendship- I guess thats just me being shallow. This is just being honest: many women are going through menopause and child birth really curtails sex for them- just nature. Well there is always that 30 something mother of my friends of my son who has been hitting on me and wants an affair- damn what??? Like I need that drama in my life!!! Isnt that overture a little more inappropriate than what Im trying to do?

danielj101
11/18/17

Tinder is an easy-to-use-dating-app. The free version has good amont of features. However, I don't like thae fact that it connects through FB and even displays some information from FB, such as education.

I prefer old-school-dating-sites like Mingle2Day, Match and Cupid because I don't feel comfortable with Tinder displaying some of my FB details but overall experience was nice.

jk192
11/3/17

To my opinion tinder is a $#*!, i'm not talking about what kind of guys you can meet there, of course, all people are different and maybe not possible to meet a serious guy there, but help team keeping silence and they blocked me as soon as i paid for tinder plus for a month, they blocked me twice, because of "other guys complaining", but this is not true, i was everytime very polite, trying to match an american guy, i guess americans really weird, they can complain on ur profile because you are ignoring them, but as a fact tinder team blocked me and didn't return money for tinder plus monthly subscription, they don't stay in touch and don't reply my messages. so my opinion is tinder is a $#*!!!

ak836
10/15/17

You cannot find a serious relationship here. Guys are creepy on this site. This one is going to doom. Not a good site for women who're looking for something serious.

robertp307
10/11/17

Tinder is a good site but dont limit yourselves guys. Try them all wejustfit.com, match, etc etc etc etc and give each site 3 months to prove themselves. That way your being realistic & not expecting to much but you also no that if it doesnt get you a date by then, its time to kick that mofo to the kerb ha ha! Works for me anyway.

hudsons17
10/5/17

Everyone's using Tinder, so did I. Did I like it? Yes and No! It is a cool dating app and you can easily get in touch with other singles but the people are very superficial. Maybe not bad if you are looking for a hookup but if you really want to find someone special Mingle2day and eHarmony haver a better concept, in my opinion. Tinder is just not for me.

sylvias43
10/2/17

90 percent of the profiles are fake . Be warned . Nigerian who claim to live in the same city . Tinder does nothing to monitor this activity . I called several people and they all had international numbers.

danieln67
9/27/17

I've been a member of Tinder on and off for a good while now and even met my last GF on the site. I tried it again recently and theres no doubt in my mind that its still up there when it comes to the main online dating agency players. But like a lot of things its got more competition these days wejustfit.com is the site that is working best for me personally ATM for instance - and that makes it some thing of a buyers market. If I had just stuck with Tinder I wouldnt have had the dates ive had on WJF. So its good to try everything and not be scared to mix it up a bit.

joej41
9/22/17

I thought I'd give it a try.The reviews didn't seem *that* bad. What a total waste of time and money. People from all over the country pop up on your phone, thousands of miles away. Tinder doesn't don't say where they're from. You swipe right or left depending on whether you like the way they look, but you have no way to contact them, ask questions, see where they live, communicate in any way. It's a scam as far as I'm concerned. They take your money, you get nothing in return, just photos to look at, then swipe one way or the other. The 5-star reviews you read here are probably planted and paid for by Tinder operatives. It sucks.

bahrami
9/18/17

If you pay, you will get nothing. Nobody is there to help you and you will lose your money. As my experience, this site has nothing to present. Do not waste your time and your money with Tinder!

yojairao
9/17/17

They keep giving you the same guys over and over even after you tell them NOPE you're not interested. Seriously and on top of that they charge you a fortune.

gloriaw33
8/15/17

Tinder has still got it, I had a great date last night and feeling positively giddy this morning haha! Doing well at the moment, had a date last week with a guy from WeJustFit.com and that went well too. I'm like bridget jones in one of her good phases hahaha long may it continue!!!

jamesz27
8/10/17

Obviously I am not the type of guy that gets swiped-right in Tinder. Have used it for a few weeks and can't really get comfortable with it. The idea is awesome though and after I've read so many bad stories about dating scams I was pleasently surprised. Still prefer dating site which are a little less superficial like Mingle2day or eHarmony. But for younger folks Tinder sees to be pretty awesome.

matthewg97
8/1/17

Tinder is just a bit meh for me. Prefer some of the fresher sites (wejustfit.com comes to mind) & like to try sites with new people instead of seeing the same faces in my area.

karinar12
7/21/17

Guys pretty much brag about how many hookups they have gotten. Kind of sad really. Yes it's part of these sites but to outright brag about it. Pretty tactless. No thank you. And people just passing thru the area looking to hookup or even cheat on their spousea.

aymank11
7/20/17

horrid app. worst app ever. doesnt let me use the tinder app properly. and it doesn't let me post my review. horrible! horribkle horrible!horribe!

anony312
7/10/17

So tinder, the infamous hook-up site . What a disappointment. They do have the best looking girls on there. But none of them want what this site is about . Now I am a married man so I dont have a picture of my face . But I am open and honest in my profile. Ive chatted with a quite a few and only hooked up with one . Part of the problem is the Geography. Only gives you miles . Well 15 miles is great but which way are those miles. See I have a gameplan on how I operate. I tend to look for women who are really close to eork or on my drive home . This allows me to maximise my time . Eho wants to waste precious time travelling. So when im at work and i get a match within 30 miles. Fantastic, but its 30 miles north. It wont work for me . So if you're a married man and won't put your face in your profile, dont have a lot of free time , I would say this site is a difficult one to score with . The only good thing is its pretty much free . But remember that saying , you get what you pay for.

bena76
6/20/17

Tinder is a good option, simple and good fun. Also try wejustfit that's where I started and I still use it.

deanac3
6/14/17

We both swiped right...alot in common...he's mature...we love Genuinely...he pays attention...he loves my children...8 months later going Very strong! We're so in Love! A little FYI- I'm 39, he's 43...me-4 children him-1. Thanks Tinder!

chelseal4
6/13/17

It's obviously not for people looking for something serious. 90% of the people on it aren't. The 10% that are aren't exactly worthwhile. It's something to do when you're bored and just see who you match up with, but it's really not something to take seriously. It's not even good for casual dating because most aren't looking for a date. The most you'll get is Netflix and chill. Not to mention all the d*ck picks and solacious comments by nearly 1/2 the guys that'll message you. If you're looking to mess around or have a laugh then this is the place. If you're looking to potentially find a connection you're in the wrong place.

shellw4
6/11/17

There are a lot of scam artists on here !!!!!
A lot of guys who appear to be nice and say nice things . The first clue is they love too fast and then they say they want to get to spend the rest of their lives with you when they only knew you only for one day these are a bunch of scam artists that come from Nigeria and Africa please ladies don't fall for this get off of that website quickly. They will start to ask you for your address and then they start to ask you for more personal information .When you ask to speak to them or see them they always seem to have some excuse that they're over in another country and they can't do it because they have bad service or pretend like they're Skype or Hangouts .they take pictures of another person's identity and make you believe that that is them do not fall for this ladies do not do it . They will pretend that they want to get to know you and they want to know your family . They are good ladies but they are not that good because I caught their ass each and every time.

bobbyb58
6/7/17

The beatles were right, been using this site for weeks and still single! Lolz, as the young-uns might say! Not giving up yet but changing tack and trying a new site called wejustfit to see how it compares with tinder. If you're gonna do it do it right (FYI not the Beatles, Wham)

peytc
6/1/17

A decent timekiller with a portion of laughing sometimes (the photo or the comments). However some people can make the experience really strange to me.

ericj72
5/22/17

Sick and tired of all the scam websites so decided to use a few reputable brands such as Tinder and Mingle2day. Didn't regret it, both sites work fine, at least for me.

miaj12
5/22/17

Tinderella20

Swipe, swipe, swipe...very few did I swipe right. Bored with the selection of people that kept popping up...all of a sudden I stumbled across a profile of a guy sitting on a shelf with glasses and his hands in the "Spider-man webbing" motion... intrigued by what kind of a nerd this guy might have been I check out his profile in more depth.

"Male. 23. Ca." His description read, "As long as I have a face you'll always have a place to sit." First thought that came to mind, "This guy can't be serious....what a douchebag." Then I went through his pictures one last time before I continued on to the next profile. I stopped for a moment and thought, "What the hell...he's cute we'll see what happens." I swiped right and continued on.

Later that night I noticed I had an inbox full of matches with messages that read various different things: "Hi. How are you?" "You're beautiful. I'd love to meet in person." "Those eyes with that hair..." etc and then I stumbled across one that read, "What's a girl like you doing in Fresno?" Sarcastic as can be I respond, "Just trying to survive." We hit it off immediately. The conversation flew effortlessly back and forth for hours. It was real...well as real as it could have been over the internet. He was so charming and sweet. Very witty and so quick to come up with a funny response. He seemed so fun and full of life.

After all the flirting and late night conversation he convinced me to have a drink at the restaurant he worked at and SWORE that this drink was by far one of the best drinks I'd ever have. I made sure to warn him I don't like alcohol and I'm very picky when it comes to the things I drink....

It was a Friday night. I walked in recognizing him right away he greets me at the table and does his best to impress me. Drink after drink I turn them all down. "That one's too sweet." "That one's too spicy." "That one's just flat out awful!" I'm sure by this point he felt defeated. THEN he remembered he asked his buddy for the recipe of a very specific drink. He made it and brought it to my table anticipating what my response might be at this point. I took a sip and absolutely loved it.

We decided to head over to Yard House as soon as his shift was over. We hit it off. He was just as funny if not MORE funny in person as he was through text. He was the perfect balance of funny, dorky, and charming all in one...it worked.

Drink after drink time flew by. We talked about everything...how long we lived in town...our parents..our siblings..music-likes and dislikes...high school...We talked about our friends. How HIS friends thought that this chick was too good to be true....and how they teased him making it clear that they thought I was a fake profile...and IF I were actually real...I must be a transgender woman because I was "too pretty". Shocked and slightly offended I agree to take a picture with him so he can send it to his buddies to prove that I am indeed "real". Before we knew it the restaurant was closing.

Disappointed that the night was close to over we decided to get a quick bite to eat. When you're drunk....and hungry...where do you end up? TACO BELL. We get Taco Bell and after a night of not liking any of the drinks I ordered and passing them along to him...not realizing it would slowly catch up with him...he was drunk. We had a drunk make out session which lead to him inviting me inside and I respectfully decline. Realizing this was not what I wanted.

The next morning...remembering most of the night but the clearest memory of all was how drunk and sloppy we got. I didn't want someone to fool around with and then disappear once it got boring. I didn't want to waste his time and I certainly didn't want to waste any more of my time. He text me. I didn't respond. He text me again a different day. I had a short response declining his proposal to go on a second date. He text me one last time and again...I didn't respond. I'm pretty sure he got the message.

Little did he know that just like Cinderella I would disappear....and he would no longer see me. BUT little did I know that twenty long days later I would be right back for a second date with Prince Charming.

Twenty days later a girlfriend of mine wanted to meet up at his work to have drinks. She was meeting a guy she hadn't seen a while and wanted me to come along. I stressed the fact that I couldn't go back there and how I went on a date with a guy then never responded when he text me. She convinced me to text him and to ask if he was working. So I did... He replies and we meet up at his work. Again, we had so much fun talking and laughing at random stupid things. So, I decide to give it another chance.

Here we are nine months later and I couldn't imagine myself dating anyone else. I can't put into words how lucky and grateful I am to have this man in my life. He turned out to be one of the most amazing, caring, and genuine guys I've ever met.

If I didn't believe in fate before meeting him...I certainly do now. If it weren't for Tinder, his stupid pick up line description, and my friend convincing me to text him back I would have never found the man of my dreams.

P.s. It Only Took 20 Days.

Sincerely,
Tinderella

153 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Is any dating site legit?

By Claire k.

It's a scam, like all these other sites. Maybe not as bad as other ones, but in the long run, you still get robbed.

By John D.

It is free. just keep in mind that most of the profiles are fake..you'll have to go through several hundred of them to have any hopes of getting in contact with a real person

you will review a thousand profiles before even 1 is a match so you decide

By Kelly S.

no cost, just a lot of time so I guess that is a cost

By Kelly S.

If you search online for 'android emulators' you can have google play up and running in no time

By Wil G.
Questions? Get answers from the Tinder staff and other customers.

Tinder?