Review of Lyft

San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
support@lyft.com

deyonp
7/24/17

Never again!!!When the driver collected us, he passed the entrance to the driveway and almost passed to exit, and he pulled on the side of the street, this was a morning after a rainy night, so naturally the street was mucky.
We walked to the car from the driveway which is covered and was not wet or had no dirt. I later received an email with photos saying that I had been charged $30 for damage. The photos show the dirt off our feet on the car and we were being charged for that. There are 2 problems I have with this, if the driver had pulled into the driveway, we would not have this problem and I sent pictures to LYFT to support my claim.
Secondly, am I supposed to walk with a portable shoe wash to ensure that no dirt from the bottom of my foot gets on the car?LYFT refuses to refund me, I will not be using them again!

maxwellep
7/23/17

bonus is a scam. they ask you to sign up then enroll you in the 30 day bonus. Guess what? after you sign up, it takes 120+ days to go through the background check that they make you go through. Even after the sign up and everything you can delete your account accidentally by trying to add a new phone number to your account! which means you will be deactivated with their service and can no longer drive until the background check clears again which can take another 4 months plus! It's not worth driving for Lyft.

juanitab13
7/19/17

I have read some of Lyft reviews I to have had to wait for them to pick me up, but they go to the wrong place. They call me and ask me where I am, I tell I'm at the address I gave you. this happened three times...Another thing to, some of the male drivers smell like Pot. I know it's legal now, but it's putting passengers in danger. And some are very rude. Lyft should have a back round check. I hopefully will not need Lyft again.

hanad9
7/18/17

I was at an inner left turn lane this morning, when the woman Lyft driver was at the left turn lane next to me. The sign says no U turn as this is a street right out of my house. Soon as green light started she crazily drove fast and cut me right off my left turn, and attempted to make an illegal U turn right in front of my car. I slammed on my break because I am a few centimeters from hitting her, and she kept on driving like nothing happened. If you value your life do not book drivers from Lyft, listen to my advice and go for Uber. I took a photo of her license plate so if anyone knows where I can file a complaint let me know.

anthonys177
7/17/17

I started with Lyft about 3 months ago and was promised a 350 dollar bonus after 150 trips. I was way on my way until Lyft and its app stopped giving me rides for a period of time in July 2017. I sent 3 text messages to Lyft and all were replied too explaining that it was my fault, and that i needed to trouble shoot. I tride it over and over and yet, i still was not recieving rides any longer. Then on July 13th or 14th, Lyft started to assign me rides again, but my count of how many rides i needed to still get to recieve my 350 dollars, was no longer on my screen app. I complained and finely someone wrote back and stated that the satellite for Lyft was having issues at that time, and many of the drivers during that period, were not getting rides AND THEREFORE MY BONUS WAS NO LONGER WARRENTED BECAUSE I WAS TO HAVE ALL MY RIDES FOR THE BONUS DONE BY JULY 12TH. So because of Lyfts incompetence, i suffer. Because i couldn't get rides the last 7 days of my deadline, they claim it wasn't there fault. Its a scam. Lyft does not hold up to there end of the deal.

rinar3
7/15/17

I started lyft in march 2017 all was good but on gay pride inner Manhattan was closed and was kinda busy i had to cancell few jobs because all requests eas coming from inner Manhattan and i was stuck on west side higwway however i logged out to save my account
At evening i hardly get lyft passenger for newJersey
I dropped him and put my destination to east i didnt get match i took lincoln tunnel i got request and i accepted
Pickup from ny and dropoff in nj
Does it make sence fir any driver tgat u pay toll and u r actually in the tunnel and u got request from jersey ?
I cancelled it and my account got deactivated
I contacted lyft tgey said . They said WE TAKE OVER COSTOMER VERY SERIOUS WE WONT TOLERATE DRIVERS CANCELLATION
you are not a part of lyft anymore
Good luck with other platforms
I contacted again and they said decision is final in future we'll be look for it
They hide all of my paystubs any trips and avery thing butthey deposited money to my account what i deserved
They are absolutely not flexible with drivers even they doent think driver a human. Only passnegers are human bexause they spent
However i had good rattion 4.9
Good reviews
And no issues
Well good luck to lyft
Because lyft is not lyft just bcz they have passnegers
They are lyft bcz they have relible drivers to but if u are no sincere with yourdrivers they will move on

karinm
7/13/17

I have used Uber and Lyft until this past year. In my opinion, Uber is a far better option. Its always cheaper (although often not by much). In my area there are dozens of drivers available within minutes with Uber while Lyft, having fewer drivers takes at least 15 minutes to arrive. The Uber drivers have nicer cars, Lyft is a toss up. Most are nice, many are notand you have no choice about your ride until it arrives. Twice I have gotten stuck with Lyft cars that wreak of cigarette smoke and dozens of times my driver does not speak ANY English. I live in Texas!!! Furthermore, Lyft drivers have dropped my ride because they cant find mewhich means I have a new driver and start my wait all over again. Thats frustrating, to say the least. Lastly, Lyft is constantly sending me offers. I mean, daily until I adjusted my mail settings. The offers sound good, but they rarely are what they seem. Customer Service is terrible. The Lyft drivers expect a tip on top of pay.

travisb53
7/11/17

Lyft stole my rental deposit my tips and my wages from driving don't drive for them you'll just end up paying almost a thousand dollars and the express pay doesn't work at all they wont pay you anything and dont even try to contact lyft support they'll just lie to you over and over and give you the run around

frankc117
7/10/17

So I sign up for Lyft with my friends code referral complete 500 rides and get 2000 dollars looks like I'm not gettting that at all cause they made some $#*!ty blame saying that I touch someone's leg which is such a lied cause all passengers sit in the back they do this for you not to get bonus they knew that I was close to hit the 500 rides so they screw me and shot down my app so I don't accept any rides I been email them no response what so ever this people don't care they just want their money

dang30
7/7/17

Some hard of hearing person at support (Winter was her alleged name) got my one and only call into support completely wrong. She didn't hear all that I said, she (like most people these days) got a few "key" words and finished her "duties"! I got a lovely e-mail from Lyft offending me about "Lyft's community is composed of people from many views and backgrounds, and community members should respect these differences." The whole call had nothing to do with anything remotely deserving of that response. I called about a possible scam and their response was to offend me? Really? Okay guess we need ANOTHER ride share company besides Lyft and Uber....

kukuj
7/6/17

So they lure you into buying a promo pass at $4.99 but failed to tell you that you cannot use it unless you're in a certain area. Once I bought the pass I had access to a map that shows the exact coverage area that was not available before I purchased the pass. When I emailed them asking for a refund they told me no...

I guess Lyft needs the money that they cannot support their customers I replied back to the customer service lady that I will be deleting the app and canceling my account and posting reviews on social media. Please avoid this company as I also have Uber and never have any customer service issues with refunds or correct clarification to disputes .

tresam1
7/4/17

A rider scheduled 2 drop off's. When I arrive at the 1st drop off the rider wanted me to cancel the 2nd drop, so i canceled. Cncelling the 2nd drop off also canceled the 1st drop off. Therefore I didn't get paid for either trip. I emailed lyft several times about this error and I was told that I would get paid the following week. Never recieved my pay as of today, a month later. I received an email stating that trip was included in a bonus, that I never saw. Giving me BS is what they did. Lyft will rip u off if u don pay attention to your earnings. I will never drive for Lyft again.

harlowj
7/3/17

WARNING!!! WARNING!!!!
To ALL drivers. I was promised a bonus if I made 100 pickups and they refused to give it to me! Are there others who have similar complaints?

toma318
7/3/17

Left has taken $180 for their car rental and gave nothing back, they stole money from me by using a simply technicality! Their customer service is terrible and does not respond. This company is a joke.

dawna44
6/30/17

Please do NOT use Lyft!!! I usually use Uber but my brother arranged for my ride this time and used Lyft. It was late, maybe around 2am on Saturday 6/24. I had left my vehicle at the restaurant we had eaten dinner at and needed a ride home from his house in Parker, Colorado, to my home in Littleton. It was about a 20 minute ride, I was alone in the backseat of the driver's car. The car ride was fine and everything seemed normal...A few days after that $150 in "damages" was deducted from my brother's account. We were so confused as to why, so he tried getting ahold of Lyft immediately...of course there was absolutely NO way to get ahold of someone on the phone so he had to email them and wait a few days for the response...the Lyft driver claimed that I threw up in the backseat of her car, so they charged $150 clean up fee!!!! I was and still am just blown away by what a fraud this lady is! I absolutely did NOT vomit in her vehicle!! This con artist even submitted some bogus pictures!! Lyft did not contact us or even notify us about her claim. They just took it upon themselves to deduct $150 from my brother account!!! They didn't even investigate it! Lyft along with their driver are a bunch of crooks!!! Please, please be careful when using this company! Take pictures of the area you sit before and after your ride! I'm filing a claim against them and that specific driver. I have photos that were taken of me prior to the ride and photos of when I arrived home... In the same clothes...not a hair out of place. What scam artists!!! I just didn't understand why she would do this...then it dawned on me...I had left my purse in my vehicle. I assumed my brother tipped her when he paid for the ride. I called my brother to see if he tipped her and unfortunately he didn't and assumed I would. Which is absolutely terrible and I would never let any service provider go without a tip!! But now it makes complete sense and shows her motive behind her claim. Still no excuse to rip off your customer!!

georgem211
6/26/17

Has lyft received complaints from their driver that their app was not working properly.Rides being canceled while they were driving the person who's ride was canceled on the app.
App saying no service in area? App freezing and so on,meaning losing rides and money because their app not working?

andreww178
6/26/17

I started driving with Lyft with a feeling of optimism and now I wish I never had. First of all the pay is not very good at all after you calculate gas and wear tear and taxes. Honestly I think I'd do better at most entry level jobs.They try to lure you into different areas with higher pay percentages but when you arrive in them they either take away the increased percentage or you get a ride just outside of this area. But aside from the pathetic pay the worst thing about Lyft is the absolutely horrible support they offer for their drivers. They consistently take days to reply and even then they usually don't do anything to resolve this issue. Seriously the worst experience I've ever had with any company ever. Don't believe me? Download the app and try to contact them. Then delete the app and forget any notions you ever had of driving for them . You can thank me later

constanzab
6/25/17

Because most drivers are not well informed and educated on what it costs to drive every mile, they think that they are making money and continue to devaluate their cars while driving all those miles that don't compensate for all the related expenses. This is a dangerous job that deserves to be paid accordingly. When you are always looking for an address, you are not so attentive to all the dangers of the road. Yet, Lyft and Uber pay little money: about $3.25 for about 20 or 30 minutes of driving. I did some rides that paid $6.00 and took about 50 minutes. Their incentives are very deceiving because they require driving during very heavy traffic hours and not very ideal situations. You need to maintain 90% acceptance which is hard given that often you would have to accept rides that take you very far away, from where you would need to drive back empty, absorbing all the cost. On top of this, Lyft has not customer service. It takes days to get any answers and they are often not helpful. They have no physical locations to go to get problems resolved. I was robbed by a passenger and got absolutely on help from them. They did not cooperate with the police to identify the suspect which they knew. If Uber is bad, Lyft is much worse.

They also use more deceiving practices than Uber. They make you think that you are getting paid a certain amount when in reality that is what they are collecting from the passenger. You don't have access to each ride record on line that you can use to document events during the ride or submit a complain/request.

Stop driving for Lyft or Uber if you are doing it. Any other job is much better because you make some money.

danielf108
6/22/17

I recently tried to apply to become a Lyft driver, as I was already approved with Uber. I was denied the opportunity to earn an income as a driver because of "something?" In my background check. I read and understood there terms, I have no violations under there quidelines. There phone number is BULL$#*!! No one EVER answers! Had ask the email "agent" what in there did I not qualify for? They would not Answer! Horrible company, I see hundreds and hundreds of complaints about them...my advice, go with UBER! UBER! UBER! they are 100X better!

rebeccas172
6/19/17

I scheduled a pickup for a ride to the airport days in advance. The pickup time was scheduled for 430 am and the driver cancelled at 425 am. Needless to say, this was a horrible experience. I could not get another driver in time so I had to drive myself to the airport at the last minute which was a HUGE inconvenience to my family. The customer service response was just as bad. I will NOT use LYFT again. EVER!

michl10
6/17/17

My wife was scammed- The driver turned off the metter charged her 5. The after starting ride demanded an overproced fared (time 2) or would throw her out in NY. When she complained during and after ride they did nothing that we know of to scam driver and wouldnt refund her money, except the 5$$

juliet244
6/15/17

I took a $6 rise and they charged me $15 twice.. I called and asked about the charges and they told me it's them just check to see if I have enough for the ride. But really? So you charge $15 twice for it? And they said I would have to wait 3-5 business days for it to refund in my account now let's say I was in a emergency and I needed that money. How are you going to tell me I have to wait a certain amount of days to get money that I already earned? They help themselves to your bank account I'm very displeased.. and as for safety. They let an Lyft drive pick me up in a whole different car that was not register for Lyft and there was also another person in the car which made e feel extra uncomfortable. Lyft is just terrible I will no longer be continuing business with them. I will now use Uber although it's a bit more complicating and expensive I'll take that over someone charging my card to whatever amount they want.

georgeh146
6/12/17

Don't drive for Lyft there lying thiefs that only care about taking 20 % of your hard earned earnings and don't appreciate the drivers that work for them It's been 2 weeks and I haven't got paid for the rides I've completed its been frustrating for me since they don't have a working phone number you have to email them to get a late response they gave me the run around saying my money was quede and there engineer's where working to solve the problem so I can get paid it's been 2 weeks still no pay I'm done with them and I will never drive for them again I don't know how there still in business stealing people's hard earned money it's funny how they promote you can make 1,500 a week it's a lie you'll be lucky if you make 400 a week

ihatey1
6/10/17

Utterly terrible. Great drivers, horrible capitalist rapist company. Was charged $325 for a 25 mile ride. $#*! Lyft. I guess it was my bad- should have chosen a cab company for a solid $50. $#*!ing bull$#*!

sandyh82
5/30/17

They are the absolute worst!!!! I finally got in touch with someone after going thru many phone numbers and the awful person, Sonja, asked for my email and said I have to respond to the fraud department like that, you can't get a real person. They suck!!! I have never used them and I never will.

88 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Lft runs different promotions and depending on promotion they promise a signup bonus(500-1100$).now if they really pay the bonus it's totally up to their discretion.in my case they didn't pay. I completed the 60 Rides required in the first 30 days,which was the requirment to qualify for the bonus but they still didn't pay.after a brief email exchange with a lyft employee(they do not give their position or full name) they stopped answering.now I am filing a complain with BBB and I will let you know where it goes when I have updates.

By Constantin R. on 12/2/15
Helpful answer

Lyft's customer service is terrible. If they won't correct it, file a dispute with your credit card company.

By david y. on 12/16/14
Helpful answer

I hope you haven't started doing this. Reading the reviews I can tell both Uber or Lyft are shanty style of business. It was very surprising that new generations with ultra modern technologies has no concept of human factors in their business model. The drivers are simply robots to generate revenues to them. I drove Uber for two months and couldn't take their lies and manipulation. Please don't waste time whether it is Lyft or Uber. You won't even make one tenth of the minimum wage while taking all the insult and humiliation.

By Jon W. on 10/23/15
Helpful answer

You made a sound decision. Anyone who can maintain two dollars of checking account balance it is not worth doing. Driving for ride sharing business is the last resort for desperate people. Some reason the misleading hype has spread out of proportion nationwide.

By Jon W. on 8/22/15
Helpful answer

I guarantee try Lyft and Try Uber and Lyft BLOWS UBER AWAY ! SAFER DRIVERS, MUCH BETTER SCREENED IN PERSON BY THE WAY, ACTUAL TRAINING WITH A MENTOR, BETTER DRIVER PERKS AND SUPPORT .... DRIVERS MUCH NICER AND HAPPIER THAN UBER DRIVERS..... UBER NEEDS TO GET A HANDLE ON THEIR HIRING PROCESS AND BACKGROUNDS CHECKS AND START GETTING PERSONABLE WITH THEIR PERSPECTIVE DRIVERS.... BY SCREENING THEM PERSONALLY JUST BY LOOKING AT SOMEONE YOU CAN TELL IF THEY ARE OFF OR NOT MENTALLY AND OF THEY SHOW ANY SIGNS I WOULD FAIL THE PERSON IMMEDIATELY. .... NO QUESTIONS ASKED. UNTIL UBER MAKES THESE CHANGES I WON'T SET FOOT IN AN UBER VEHICLE...... LYFT DOES HAVE BETTER SERVICE OVERALL FOR BOTH DRIVERS AND CUSTOMERS..... UBER CLEAN UP YOUR ACT. IF YOUR A FEMALE DAYS ARE SAFER IN GENERAL EARLY EVENING BUT AFTER 9 PM ALL BETS ARE OFF.... REMEMBER IT'S YOUR CAR SO YOU CAN TURN DOWN A RIDE ANYTIME IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE MAKING THE PICK UP..... THE BEST PERSON TO PROTECT YOU IS YOU.

By Carlos R. on 8/11/15
Helpful answer

Please report it as soon as possible to lyft. That's the only way they will know that a problem like this happen. The way I look it, your passenger has acted fraudulently...setting a wrong destination so that she can complain for refund. And of course lyft will refund coz they will rely on the route set by your passenger.

By Concerned C. on 6/6/16
Helpful answer

They have to approve your character/personality. Smile more often, tell a joke next time around. Make sure your car is in top shape, clean, a/c working/heater working. Check all light signals are working. Too many details they check off on.

By Wilson T. on 7/24/15
Helpful answer

To tell you the truth, drunk people at night are the worst... more likely to get a 1 star to 3 stars frankly because they don't care and not paying attention so much to the rating system, i.e. not thinking. If you maintain your courtesy and are friendly and provide any useful information requested from a rider or simply tell a story about something positive happening in the city that day or smile often, just don't be creepy. Can get you to 5 stars more often and be familiar with your city.

By Wilson T. on 6/24/15
Helpful answer

Both are covered, read the terms to be sure.

By Wilson T. on 6/11/15

it's too late.

By Wilson T. on 12/16/14
Questions? Get answers from the Lyft staff and other customers.

Lyft?