US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

rissks
12/10/16

From a driver who couldn't speak English and couldn't find where I was waiting for two hours, to another driver who couldn't speak English and had me walk two miles to find him. to another driver who couldn't read his GPS and dropped me off at the wrong location-I have been reaching a boiling point of impatience and pissed off accuracy for Lyft. Today however was my boiling point when a Lyft driver not only submitted a false claim against me stating I had damaged her car, but also had the nerve to charge 50$ to my card for it. Luckily I called fraud and had my card turned off before they could take the money out. Lyft first took out a 27$ damage fee charge when this driver falsely claimed that I had not strapped my 18 month old into a car seat. This false claim came two hours after she had dropped me off and I immediately called Lyft and sent pictures, in which my 27$ was refunded albeit with a ridiculous warning on how Lyft is a family friendly service and car safety. Four hours later, I received a damage vehicle bill from this exact driver who I had complained out for 50$ along with pictures of what appeared to be a staged damage back seat full of littered trash bags, crumpled up paper towels, a box of arm and hammer and a pack of plastic cups. At first, I had believed that the complaint was about how my infant son had thrown up on me and himself and how I had cleaned up what little spot there was on the back seat using a car wipe given to me by the driver. But no, apparently this picture that was so obviously staged by the driver I'm guessing for my earlier complain was what was being issued. Even when I told the representative that I had a witness who was with me in the back seat when this happened who could back up my story, Lyft representatives still stated that they had to go by what the driver said had happened in her records (which was taken four hours after dropping me off at my destination) and by her pictures (which was taken also by that same time due to the time stamp). I disabled my account and blocked Lyft from making anymore charges. And just to piss off Lyft more, the thieving and scamming driver's name was Maggie of Orlando, Fl and the spineless representative was named Erwin. Word of advice, use Rideshare or Uber-$#*! Lyft.

paulc246
12/7/16

Left at doorstep. Ordered Lyft a day in advance and never got picked up. What good is that feature? Almost missed my flight and had to pay for parking for over a week at airport. Next time I'll just take a real taxi service. What a joke..."No Lyft"

dianer73
11/30/16

Was travelling back from a trip with two very young children. Driver arrived and could tell he was very annoyed at the prospect of helping with luggage and well the drama of two kids!

I lifted the bags and packed the car and did not talk the entire way which is not like me. We arrived at the destination and I then proceeded to get the kids out of the car. The driver dumped the bags at the bottom of my drive and drove away promptly without saying a word. I could certainly tell yet again that this journey had been time consuming for him!

A day later I then received an email advising me that I had shut the seatbelt in the car which I know for a fact I did not do. Lyft then without calling or asking my side of the story proceeded to quote the terms and condition and removed $50 from my credit card on file which I told them not to without further enquiry.

The driver and the customer service was so inadequate. I liked lyft up until this point but I will certainly not be using them again. To take a drivers word over a customers without a conversation is not good enough.

eda52
11/22/16

I use Lyft and Uber. Lyft is starting to rip customers off by saying due to high volume they charge you 75 to 100% more than the actual price. That's crazy Uber doesn't do that. Drop Lyft ASAP.

heatherr60
11/16/16

I don't have an account with Lyft and have never used the app or service. I have three charges on my debit card all from Nov 14, 16. They do not have a phone number that will allow you to talk to someone only an email. I was emailed that someone named Scott opened an account using my debit card information. They also told me if I know this person I should discuss this with them. I told them how can I find out who did this with them only providing me a first name?! I've asked three different times for the information of these three different transactions and they will not give me the information I have requested. I want to know what city and state this happened and where the person went for their free rides. It would be more comforting to know if this was just a random hack or if it was someone I know considering my card is still in my possession. Considering they will not give me the information I am requesting it sure makes me think Lyft is the one committing these fraudulent charges so they can make money and then claim the money they steal from innocent victims on their insurance.

joanneb58
11/8/16

Ok so I'm an #Uber and #Lyft customer. I honestly use Uber way more because of their pricing. I signed up for Lyft as an alternative. Today I used Lyft because they offered an Election Day special - 45% of a trip. Today I had to complain once again!!! It seems that every time I request a car, my bank account associated with the debit card I registered with Lyft, gets a $25 "Authorization Hold" put on. I was told it was a one time thing. Now EVERY TIME I request a car, there's a new hold. I email them an get a computer generated apology stating it for all new accounts. But over been using them for months. There is no number to call them unless there is an emergency to report. #Lyft sucks!!! They don't have to worry about me requesting a car any more. As soon as they release the temporary hold on my account, I will be deactivating my account.

demetriusm18
11/7/16

I applied to drive for lyft, I asked all apporiate questions and then sent in my deposit. After a week of waiting I emailed them back asking if I had passed the background check. I had passed but they forgot to inform me. I was then told to wait until Monday to go get my car. I did. I called several locations and was told I needed to come in to speak to a rep from the company. I could get no further information.

When I arrived at the downtown Hertz agency. As soon as I approached the door someone informed me that Lyft was done for the day and had been since 12 noon. This was a surprise to me since I had called around 2 o'clock and was told to come in. They informed me that only about 12 cars a day would be rented and that you needed to come in everyday at around 6am to have a chance at getting a car even though the lyft staff doesn't arrive until 11am.

I think that the amount of lies and hassle you go through to pay for an over priced car isn't worth it. I took off of work to do this and was disappointed if they had told the truth about the process I would not have canceled.

jaxr1
11/6/16

After taking a Lyft ride, I was sent an email the following day that said our driver specifically identified me as the requesting passenger for a ride during which damage was incurred. They sent two pictures of the interior back seat as proof of damage. However, in reviewing the pictures, I can't identify what "damage" they say occurred and they state a fee for damage is $150?

The email further says from the time our ride ended to the time Lyft was notified of damage was 4 seconds? So the driver dropped us off and filed a damage complaint with Lyft in 4 seconds flat...

Also, after extracting the data from the provided photos, I discovered that they were taken the night following our ride (nearly 22 hours after our ride ended). Nobody in the vehicle damaged his car, so obviously I disputed the claim.

I informed Lyft of the photos being taken a day after our ride ended and supplied them with the extracted data info. I also asked for specific information on what damage was being alleged. Lyft sent a series of generic emails without answering any questions or acknowledging the photos were taken well after our ride ended. They said they had "anecdotal" evidence and "reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify or otherwise require documentation of damages prior to processing a damage fee."

So basically what I gather from this, is that Lyft does not need proof nor cares if there is proof to substantiate a claim of damage. If your driver doesn't care for you or just needs some extra cash, they (driver) simply says you damaged their vehicle and you get railroaded with a fraudulent charge. If I, or my group, damages a drivers vehicle, I'll gladly pay up and apologize. There was no damage done by our group nor is there ANY proof to show our group damaged his vehicle.

When you sign up for Lyft carefully review the "damage fee" section of their terms. As indicated above, it basically says you agree to pay a fee of up to $250 - Lyft "in its sole discretion" determines the amount to be charged and does not need to verify or require documentation of damage. Needless to say, they definitely lost me as a customer and I will warn any friends or family to avoid Lyft!!

Also, a quick search online will find that there are many others with complaints such as mine.

breth12
10/25/16

I use them for the first time and was supposed to get a discount for the first time usage. Instead I got overcharged and charged twice. Totally ruined my trip to Colorado. Not the driver's fault they did what they were supposed to no problem with them. At least I have a number to call and complain unlike Uber. Couldn't use their first time promotion either that's why I went to Lyft

bettyd37
10/23/16

I would never use or recommend Lyft to anyone. I have been trying to recoup my monies since Sept. 2016. Lyft illegally charged my account 177.00 for rides I never used. I was in possession of my card. I shut it down immediately card and lyft . Lyft has nor been helpful in resolving this problem.

kathyg64
9/24/16

Just had a cllient into our office to vax for dog and lyft emailed her the ride cost which was $5.76 but when she went to pay vet bill lyft had taken another $30 besides just in case they said. WHATTTT!!! They said it was per their terms and services but she wasn't given this. Thieves all of those ride companies. The drivers should just put their numbers out there and would do better.

adrianc37
9/24/16

Lyft will steal from you! Do not use their service! Got charged a damage fee due to a fraudulent statement from their driver, Alisal. Received an email stating the were charging me a damage fee for damages I am certain I did not do. When I asked for evidence, they only said they had "anecdotal evidence" which means they had no evidence other than this douchebag's word, but yet they still charged me. You can only communicate through email and once you dispute a charge, they will ignore you. I don't ever complain but you steal from me, I'll be sure to make it known.

kamilahv
9/23/16

I have been charged twice for rides that I haven't taken and I can't even speak to someone regarding this matter. Who is going to refund me back my money before i end up pressing charges

jazmina1
9/1/16

They stoled $383 from me for a ride i never took. They don't even have a number to call for customer care, only an emergency number for drivers! Does anyone know if these guys have a number to call ?? I need to contact management ASAP !

michaelh279
8/25/16

They didn't want to make money. All it would have taken was a phone call but they would not even do that. I have never seen people that don't want money.

sn203
8/21/16

The title pretty much speaks for itself. Lyft was negative help, of course.

rohits30
7/31/16

Never use lyft- they deduct $25 extra as hold, say they refund $25, but they never refund it, I am in loss of $100 still they give no $#*! on the issue

ab3770
7/29/16

I used lyft for the first time to go to the airport in DC. The driver (nice guy) used lyft's GPS and ended up going 30+ minutes in the wrong direction. When he realized it he turned on Google maps and sped to the airport but by the time I got there I missed my flight. I had to spend $300 to get a new flight to a different city (only option). When I told lyft they offered me first $10 then $25 after I continued to complain towards my next ride. Are you kidding?? That doesn't make up for money and time lost. The $25 is worthless as I will never use them again. I was going to the airport too, not an obscure location. Save your money, don't use lyft.

robj34
7/21/16

I received a receipt for a ride I never took and instead of freezing charge and reviewing I was charged and then accused of being "too good" for service I received. This freaking crooks should be taken behind the wood shed and put outta the business worlds misery. I give them one star because there wasn't a option to rate them lower or give these freaking crooks the finger like they deserve.

muzamk
7/21/16

It's one of the most injustice rideshare companies with their drivers in the world . I drove for Lyft almost for a year and I was a 4.9 driver which is considered as awesome driver , but when they realized that I asked them about my rights and earnings when they stole my fares then they deactivate my account for no reason. Even I can not use my Lyft app as a passenger. They want their drivers to be like a $#*! and say nothing even if you get harassed or molest by the drunk passengers just stay quit and keep driving . If you wanna be a Lyft $#*! go for it .

samj74
7/15/16

I guess it's fine when things are fine. Then when they aren't you're up sh!t creek. I was picked up at the hospital after a night of horrors in the ER. I was at a pretty low place.

When so and so Lyft dude showed up, I was so happy, like I almost wanted to hug him. (I've used Uber and Lyft both a TON in the past, no major problems). I get in, and say hi. Thought maybe he didn't hear me so I said it again. Crickets... then I asked if he had the destination address, he merely replied with a route. The route made zero sense, so I corrected him TWICE. During the initial conversation, then at the actual turn.

At the turn I told him to take, he almost drove past it. This dude slowed down approaching GREEN lights, waiting for them to turn yellow and stop. Basically every single chance he had to make it longer, he used.

Then, we get to my gate. He acts like he's never had to enter a gate. Pulled way far away from the keypad, slowly drove back and forth, to get to it, instead of getting out like he should have.

Asked the code, kept saying it back incorrectly. Every exchange between us he raised his voice, things escalated in volume quickly in our dialogue.

FINALLY we got in. I said, stop here and let me out. He stopped. The door was locked, and he would not unlock the door to let me out. No conversation. Then he drives around even more until HE decided he would let me out.

That MF. I called and filed a police report for not letting me out after I requested to get out, basically keeping me in the car against my will. Lyft NEVER ONCE RESPONDED TO ANYTHING. I asked for a refund at the very least. Crickets. Called their emergency number suggested by them. Crickets.

This was over a month ago. You think anyone ever followed up? If you laughed and said yeah right! You'd be RIGHT! Worst freaking company I've ever dealt with. They wouldn't even close my account as requested.

Had to dispute the charge to my card. They NEVER EVEN ISSUED A REFUND, as I had asked for. WTF????

samis22
7/15/16

I apple for drive and I finished all the application then I have appointment with the mentor Erika Ellsworth she let me change the tiers to let me drive after I did she denied me when I asked her why she doesn't answer me she doesn't honest and her face upset with non white peoples and any questions she saide go online I don't know I think what I saw this company racism through mentor behavior

dds3
7/11/16

I like the drivers. I like that I can tip the drivers. I am disabled so totally dependent upon ride share for point A to B.
I wanted this to work but they make it too hard to do business.
They pre-auth. $25 when you add a method to your account, did a cancel recently, or havent used the app. in a bit.So whenever they feel like it. I just cant budget things this way. I small pre-auth. I can understand but its just way too much.
I have also had problems with drivers denying service due to my need to be transported with a medical device. When I brought this illegal discrimination to the attention of customer service they had a casual attitude, as if it was just business as usual.
I have enough to worry about during my day without having unnecessary barriers. LYFT makes it quiet clear they dont want my business.
I am perfectly happy with UBER or a local limo.

joya38
7/1/16

I am a new user and had used a promo code to be applied towards my first use. I am very upset that the code was not honored. I have tried several times to email about my issue but I never received a confirmation receipt. I called customer service number and he was not able to assist since "this is a matter" they can not resolved in this department. Then they offer a $15 credit for the next ride. After this incident, why would I use Lyft them again? This was a HORRIBLE experience towards the end of my family vacation. I will tell everyone I come across never to use Lyft ever, save the headache and stay with Uber.

christopherr63
6/16/16

Prefer Lyft to Uber. The prices are usually near the same.I like that I can tip the drivers for Lyft on the card.I've had some fun Lyft rides.

88 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

15 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Lyft staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question