US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

brittnayh

The amount of credits you earn does NOT cover your shipping cost. (in 187 reviews)

jodiem18

I have sold and "bought" many items on it and overall, I've been very happy with it. (in 118 reviews)

event4

I've been warned DOZENS of times about various rules I've broken----still have an active account. (in 104 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

janetr31
12/15/15

I'm really so upset about a problem that i'm having on Listia. I don't understand why the moderators dislike me so much.
I have been enjoying this site for months...i think i'm addicted to it...but that's going to have to change i guess. I had a really good auction of an old Waltham Pocket Watch of my Dad's. A lot of people were interested in it and i got a nice high bid. The person that won gave me positive feedback..and a couple days later wanted his credits back. The moderator sided with him, without telling me why. I had not broken any rules.
I guess the worst part is that i don't have 400,050 credits to refund. So i'm sure i will end up banned soon. Very sad and upset :(

shirleyd25
12/12/15

I grow a garden, collect seeds, and when I found Listia I thought I had hit pay dirt. I have had such sweet little notes and prompt service. Being a newbie I goofed once and buyer so understanding--I more than made up for the error in my shipment. Maybe gardeners are just a wonderful down to earth group to hang with. I don't know, but I have enjoyed so immensely. Only been at it a few weeks, but constantly got things going out and coming in. Christmas every day!

doesntm1
12/10/15

I was having problems getting account credited for offers I completed. Opened a ticket on Nov 20, I explained thoroughly what was happening. They replied on Nov 23 to send screenshots and the confirmation emails, I did on Nov 24. I did not hear a word until Dec 6, and that is because I replied to them asking if I was ever going to receive my credits. They replied back on Dec 8 asking me what problems I was having. Pissed me off, I replied asking if they actually read the emails people send. They replied Dec 9 telling me it is out of there hands to contact Trial Pay. Seriously, after NINETEEN DAYS, they tell me to contact the original company that I had tried 4 times on Nov 19 and every time I clicked on the Trial Pay link that was sent to me, it would just say an error and wouldn't let me continue. So, on Dec 9 I sent another email, thanking them for everything they DID NOT DO to help me. Within an hour my account was banned. Had just under 50,000 credits.

So if you ask me, don't ever piss them off or you will be banned.

kizzmich
12/9/15

Yall Listia Really Works Ive Gotten My Stuff And Its Amazing Such A Loyal Fan

leea89
12/7/15

I have been on Listia for a few years now, it was good before, but now every time I turn around, the credits have devalued and are out of control. If I list something for 21 days, by the time I hit the 10th day or so, my credit value has changed so much that I am selling my items at a loss. What with the cost of shipping having gone up and people only buying with free shipping, this site has gotten out of control and unless you are a buyer and not selling, you can get bargains.
Now, as far as feedbacks are concerned, you unfortunately bought an item from a rogue seller who had no intention of sending the item to you, and after waiting and waiting for this liar who promised to send the item and did not, he refunds my credit after two weeks and THEN CAN LEAVE NEUTRAL FEEDBACK AND RELIST THE ITEM. You get a neutral feedback for doing nothing wrong except being scammed and Listia justifies that. Then, to top it all, immediately he relists the item to scam someone else and Listia does nothing about that......
I am really sorry about this because unless you sell your item for next to nothing and take a huge loss when you add the shipping cost, you will sell nothing. I used to sell a ton of items daily and now because I am asking the equivalent of say $14 (200,000) for an item which is worth $50 or more, plus the shipping cost which is about average $5-6 you cannot sell the item. If you want anything that is worth anything now, it costs in the millions of credits, and you are lucky if you get it at all, and have to wait weeks to get a refund when you could have used those credits on something else.
It is so out of control now, I would not recommend this site to anyone at the moment. I will be leaving as I figured out how much money I have lost and nearly fainted. I am in the business of making money and not losing. The amount of work that goes into selling an item for what????? Nothing, simply nothing.
Oh, and by the way, on top of not sending me the item I won and leaving a neutral feedback, this .......$!$! is now harrassing me and sending me threatening messages.
Just so you don't land on his site (as I found out after all this that the item he is selling is garbage anyway, so I was lucky not to get it) his moniker is DelRaie. BLOCK HIM!!!!! you don't need the aggravation.
So, after having said all this, I am sad to say that I am leaving Listia after all this time as it is not worth the aggravation and loss. Really a pity because it used to be a fabulous site and I won some wonderful items, but now all the GREAT sellers have left or are leaving and only the riff raff (no shortage of them) is left to rip off anyone who they can. Sorry, Listia, you need to change your policies and get rid of the garbage and keep the valuable trustworthy sellers. Also, you need to stop this out of control devaluation of the credits. They have doubled in less than 3 months.

sandis11
12/6/15

I have been a member since Aug 2012 and could not be happier. I read these bad reviews and wonder if there is something these folks just don't grasp. Yes, you can buy credits and support the site or earn them for free by taking surveys, completing goals or just watch a video. When you sell, I strongly advise to mail with tracking and save your own butt. Yes I had a buyer state her tracked item was not received. Sad sad sad. So yes there are the scammers on both ends. Just like court you need to prove your case with any dispute. No need to complain when it doesn't go your way. So get the clutter out of your house, list it and get what you want for free. This site is so easy to use. I'm not going anywhere.

karend75
12/1/15

Got on there just to get Christmas stuff was harassed by sellers.Scammed out of points.Bullied by moderators.It has been HELL!

josephs132
11/21/15

i won a knife and when i received it had bona floor cleaner instead of my knife i asked for my credits to be refunded the agent amir wants me to return the knife that the seller claims they shipped but ive tod both seller and agent multiple times i didnt receive the knife i won it was hardwood cleaner i received and hes taking the side of the seller i for one will be boycotting listia

tomasf5
11/15/15

When sellers acquire over 500k+ credits they may get their accounts banned for no reason in order to keep them from cashing in those credits. For example:(https://www.facebook.com/notes/sandy-strong/listia-tips-best-practices-lessons-learned-experiences-and-reviews/10151862572323884)

Buying:
Flagged auctions don't get taken down and the auction browser is awful. People with no feedback can charge for shipping (no buyer protection). People are selling items for $ by setting excessive shipping costs and Listia couldn't care less.

Selling:
You get charged 10% of your auction's credits for listing GIN auction and 10% of your starting asking price whenever you list an item, irrelevant of whether it sells or not.

Mods are bullies which make up their own rules, which are not written in the terms of service.

Conclusion:
Only rarely useful, but set up for you to fail if you plan on becoming a large scale seller. If still interested, don't buy credits, sell gift-cards of the same value, they are worth over twice the credits.

PSA:
The guy that replies to the reviews has no idea what he is talking about and is only here to make Listia's actions seem justified notice he never offers to help or give reasons for what happened.

Tip for consumers: If still interested, don't buy credits, sell gift-cards of the same value, they are worth over twice the credits.

brittnayh
11/9/15

I have had many problems in the past year of selling. I do continue to sell because I am hooked. There are two big problems with this site: They want you not to charge for shipping. The amount of credits you earn does NOT cover your shipping cost. So in the end you end of up loosing. Another problem is all the auctions from china . They consume the site and it ends up being all junk for auction
Credits are pretty much worthless compared to a year ago. To win an a $15 gift card use to be a max bid of 42,000 now it is well over 142,000

mandyw7
11/3/15

I am being bullied by a seller who I bought things off of
How do you stop a seller from bullying you on listia?
& lying and making false comments about you even on reviews?
I reported it to listia, but I do not feel they care at all about this sellers lies & BULLYING AT ALL!!!!!!
she turned my words around, about everything i said and is so dishonest!

I am ready to take further action.. this person scams people & is getting way with it

gamert
10/23/15

I heard of Listia about two years ago. I never looked into it because I didn't know anyone personally who sold on there or how it worked. I've been selling online since I was fifteen on various sites and my own personal website that I closed down due to a now much more frantic schedule. I'm 21 and last month I decided to give them a try after a friend said if you need to unload some of your games and extra collectibles, my cousin is really fond of Listia.com

They don't charge you anything unless you use the GIN feature, I don't know how they make anything from Sellers x_x
The moderators are very kind and helpful even when not asked to help. I've been on Listia nearly a month and I think it's perfect. I put up my auctions on low bids and they do nicely, even if they don't, it's a win-win since I'm just trying to get rid of the collectibles and video games I don't need or have extras of. Shipping isn't that pricey in my opinion since first class is up to 13oz and priority is cheap too as long as you do your own labels so I always offer free shipping and I don't believe I'm losing out anything by doing that. I'll admit these reviews nearly scared me away but I'm glad I decided to give it a chance anyways.
Have nothing bad to say except for some of the buyers who take a bit to leave feedback. I upload tracking right after I ship so I know when the items are delivered and I feel like I have to spam some buyers to get the feedback, days after they get the item. I wish for sellers who use tracking there would be an email or something once the item gets delivered to the buyer, telling the winner to please leave feedback or something. Well over all, it's fun, it's free and it's nice to help other gamers and collectors get what they need for their personal collections if I put something they need up. I'm very pleased with the site thus far, only have had to block two users so far and I'm also thankful for that feature :) it protects me and the future serious bidders from bidders who will win and then decided they don't want my item after all. I understand that the rules say the seller has the right to keep the credits in that case but it's just too cruel for me personally so I refund and block.

It's a legit site, it's not a scam. I'm sure the negative posters have their reasons but this has been my experience on the site so far. Nothing bad to say and no I don't work for them, I'm just being an honest reviewer for the people looking into creating an account on the site.

angelap33
10/17/15

i only deal with the gardening part so cant say anything about the other auctions . i do charge shipping but give extra seeds of other varieties and . the only thing i would love to see change is when people dont pay shipping there is some reprecussions. i also dont understand why listia is now taking part of your credits. ive noticed that people are now charging more points for items. i buy alot of the seeds i sell so anything i get in shipping goes back to listia . i;m never going to get rich from what i charge for shipping but it makes it fun to be able to offer many varietys of seeds. i have only had to file a few disputes and the staff usually finds in my favor.i have gotten seeds that dont grow but that happens on ebay also. it could be my error or old seeds. i have 100 percent feedback and if someone says they didnt get it i do resend at my cost.i did get A NASTYGRAM FROM ONE MODERATOR about a item i posted it was removed but later someone else posted and sold same item .there should be rules that everyone should abide and before a someone gets banned they should get a warning and if they continue to violate then a email should be sent stating why and a way to dispute it.moderators also should respond faster but all in all i will continue to use listia. ive had the same experience with ebay except the nastygrams . i thought it was totally un called for since ive always had great reviews on listia. thanks listia for a great experience and i get a chance to win seeds and have a beautiful flowerbed every year since 2010 when i joined

kr2412
10/15/15

I don't like that they let people sell Nazi memorabilia and smoking supplies (which often get bought by people underage, which is a MAJOR problem!!!)

chickenzc
10/11/15

Listia is the worst site ever, i have support tickets with no replies till 2 weeks and later my account gets banned containing 500000 credits for no damn reason!! Its a total scam. Listia is just sucking your investments for their own profits. When you list an auction, and it ends with lets say 100k credits, by the time you receive them they are valued at 90k, what i mean by that is the credits are devalued and LISTIA IS THE ONLY ONE BENEFITING FROM IT. A complete fraud which should be reported!

amandat51
10/10/15

I have been a list I an for a while I l love it and think it's a great experience. I offer free shipping on all my items because it just makes less trouble for me. I have given away great stuff and have received great stuff so yeah I love it and recommend them to all my friends

rickt28
10/9/15

On October 9, Listia credits were sold at 4000 per $1. As of this review, credits are now 4650 for $1. That's a destruction of your credit value of 16.25% in only TWO WEEKS.

Listia better find a way to stop this credit value demolishment, or their site will be come even more irrelevant than it is now.

MY ORIGINAL REVIEW FROM OCTOBER 9, 2015:

The problem with Listia starts and ends with the value of credits. As of this review, Listia credits are worth roughly 10,000 per dollar value. Listia will argue otherwise, but I'll deal with that in a moment.

First, let's look at how I value the credits: Listia sells Amazon gift cards, and other goods which have a set dollar amount. The number of credits it takes to buy them has skyrocketed in the last few years. And, this is true for all items on Listia where there is a SET and STANDARD dollar amount attached.

The prices in credits continue to move higher.

At the moment, if you want to trade your credits for something with real value you are looking at spending 8,000 - 10,000 credits for every dollar of value you receive.

The reason Listia credits continue to spiral downward in value is mainly twofold:

1) Listia continues to offer credits to people for doing nothing. You can "earn" EASILY 5000 credits in the first hour after you join. This is because Listia will give you credits for things that are virtual tasks, and that add nothing of value to the marketplace (watching a video, filling out your profile, etc). Listia will give you credits for referring others to the site. They will give you credits simply for listing items, and sometimes with special deals where the more you list, the more credits you get.

2) You can earn credits for doing outside tasks for Listia "partners." These "partners" no-doubt pay Listia for the privilege to advertise to you and capture your information for marketing purposes. Now, this would be fine IF the money Listia made came back to Listia users. One way Listia could do that is to BUY CREDITS BACK from users. Another would be to stop offering all the other free credits for doing stuff that adds no product to the Listia marketplace. There are other ways, but it really comes down to Listia's greed VS the strength of the ecosystem. At the moment, it seems Listias greed is more important than the marketplace.

Now, Listia would claim that the value of their credits is more. For example, they sell credits at the rate of 200,000 for $50. This would assign a value to the credits of 4000 per $1. And, although that is a disasterously-inflated number compared to just a few months ago, it does, at face-value, seem to be a better deal than the 8,000 to 10,000 I wrote about at the top.

So, what's the difference in the two numbers?

The difference is known as "the spread." As in, the "spread" between what Listia will give for credits (ie what they sell Amazon gift cards for), and what they want YOU to pay when you buy credits.

Look at this real-world example: Let's say you buy 200,000 credits for $50 from Listia. Then, you decide you want to buy an Amazon gift card. Well, as of this review, a $35 Amazon gift card is bid up to 245,000 credits. That's 45,000 MORE credits you will need to get something you could have bought in the real world for $15 less in dollars, but in credits, you need to come up with at least 45000 MORE.

In REAL dollars, listia sells credits at the rate of 4000 per $1, or $0.00025 each. But, they will buy them back from you (in the sale of gift cards and hard goods in the "rewards store") if you pay them roughly 10,000 in credits for every $1 of gift card or hard goods* (see below for "hard goods" commentary). When Listia takes the credits back, they are doing so at $0.0001 each.

The bottom line on the valuation of credits is this: It's like you bought a house for $250,000 and when you went to sell it, you were offered only $100,000.

That is ridiculous. No excuse. Totally unacceptable.

Listia must literally be LAUGHING at you.

Listia's founders are Gee Chuang, James Fong. They received nearly TWELVE MILLION in funding on top of whatever else they are scraping out of Listia. You can find out more about them and their investors at:

If you use Listia, you better be good with a calculator, spreadsheet, and willing to lose money in transaction after transaction. Until Listia changes the mathematic-certainty that your credits are worth less each day, the site will be used less and less by people willing to do real trading.

*As for the other "hard goods" that Listia sells in their "rewards store," there is no way to know what Listia's cost is - if any - on those goods. Thus, it may be that Listia makes an infinite percent market up on those items. Those items may be part of marketing efforts by Listia partners where they give the items to Listia, Listia sells them for credits, and the partners get a new name added to their list of potential customers to market to. There's just no telling how much Listia makes on those deals.

joeld20
10/7/15

I loved Listia, still have 240,000 credits but I think the idea the if a bid goes higher than a seller's GIN asking credit amount, the GIN option is then removed & if you haven't been watching that item from the beginning, you can get screwed bad, as I just did, spending almost 15,000 credits more on a video game and asked the user, dereksdoll, for a refund because my child was hospitalized & I didn't know about the ridiculous GIN rule. I never used that option with my auctions. It is also wrong because users like dereksdoll can list an item with a GIN of 59,999, with a starting bid of 39,999, which is obviously over the 50% mark of credits needed to GIN, you can get scammed to spend more credits every time. I also will be contacting the BBB as well as the FTC regarding this "issue". The GIN, if posted by the seller should remain until the END of the listing. One dollar is now worth almost 4,000 credits as well, which disgusts me! When I first joined a year and a half ago, a dollar was worth maybe 1,500 credits which seemed MUCH more fair. I am starting to HATE Listia. Not necessarily the mods, but they are becoming WAY LESS helpful to users who have extenuating circumstances and just generally. Losing my credits to an item I could have got if not for Listia's RIDICULOUS GIN rule makes me sick. They need to re-think that ASAP or unhappy users such as myself and obviously many others, will simply bow out after blowing my credits on stupid stuff I could care less for! I know derekssoll, the user I won mistakenly a PC game from is rude, harasses you and will likely send me junk and I can guarantee I won't be refunded my credits. I would only ask for a refund if the item is defective or just plain wrong but I don't see them backing me up as a buyer . Why? Because dereksdoll has been a user since 2011 and has sold over 1,000 items and me only 90 in a year and a half. The GIN rule in the TOU is simply NOT FAIR! Listia moderators can try to explain why it is in place but the reality is...it's UNFAIR!!!

stephanieb68
10/5/15

I Would Say Do Not Use This Site All They Care About Is There Selfs And Taking Your Credits When Do Not Need Them And As Long As They Get What They Want They Are Happy I Listed A Auction On There Site And It Got Deleted For There Know It All Moderators That Do Not Know Nothing About Shipping They Only Favor Certain People On There Site Too Which Is Not Right They Also Can Not Ever Take Responsibility For There F ups Moderators Working For Them

Tip for consumers: Do Not Use There Site Shut Them Down

shannonn5
10/2/15

Listia is okay you can earn credits to get free stuff, I normally just watch videos. I just look at free shipping items. I wish it was easier to get more credits for people who can't buy or sell also I think people should get more items on how much they bid.

listianl
9/25/15

Listia is great, however it needs some improvements. To start off, it is very risky to send a package without tracking number, making it unnecessarily expensive for Listians who want to offer free shipping within the marketplace. To counteract this, there should be a different way in which we can prove we sent out our packages, for example allowing us to record a video of us dropping the package at a USPS drop off point etc, this would encourage more "sellers" to add free shipping to their listings as it will reduce their overall expenses, after all this is a "free stuff" website, not eBay....Now to the infrastructure, in our listings, we should be able to offer FREE SHIPPING/PAID SHIPPING but with an extra cost, credits being the currency for which the buyer/bidder will pay for shipping, but instead of paying in dollars shipping should be paid in credits! Why hasn't this already been put into place? Also some buyers within Listia are just looking to rip sellers off , claiming the item arrived broken/not as described/empty package costing us Listian "sellers" more than we bargained for, also when users need credits they can buy right off of Listia with paypal/credit card, this is useful but after a while the price of credits keeps inflating, if you Listia is reading this please consider changing your credit prices from cheap to expensive every 3-6 months to stimulate a healthy economical value. Trust me I studied economics.... Thanks!

ba5807
9/23/15

I've never left a review before in my life, but I just happened to Google Listia and saw the overwhelming number of negative reviews. My experience has been nothing like these and I've had dozens if not 100 or more transactions on the site.

Aside from a handful of disappointing experiences, which I think should be expected on any site like this, I've continually enjoyed the experience. Admins have been very helpful in the rare instances that I've needed them.

This is a unique concept that I feel is being managed quite effectively. Assuming these users pay attention to exchange rates to get a good idea of what to expect and only interact trusted users, I'm surprised to see so many one-star reviews.

I don't doubt the validity of anybody else's account, but I just wanted to provide my perspective as a consistently satisfied user.

cynthiad13
9/4/15

Please do not use Listia. I sent out so many items and did not get anything for them. When a few customers claimed they did not get their order before I could even get it to them, Listia took away my points for all of the items I was able to send out which was in the 100s. I ended up complaining to the BBB about them and still did not get any compensation for all of the products I sent out for free and spent tons of shipping costs on. In retaliation for me complaining about them they suspended my account. I lost at least 15000 points that I had earned. They encourage their customers to rip you off by allowing them to make untrue accusations against you. They are crooks and I would advise you to proceed with caution before you sign up with them.

kimberlyl22
8/29/15

I loved listia when I first started over a year ago. In the beginning you got nice things for a fraction of the cost. IT IS NOT FEE however. If you want credits to "buy" something you have to buy them OR sell something YOU PAID for or HANDMADE (time is money, the supplies cost money) Then you offer it and if you select the amount you think it is worth called a GIN price they soak you for a HUGE amount. If you take the chance and start low you could lose out your hiney. Then for people to bid you MUST offer FREE shipping which YOU PAY FOR. Most times YOU NEVER recoup the price of the item or the shipping money back in credits. NOW .... Listia does not do a reasonable GIN for their rewards store items instead they make you compete to get the item. No more saving for that nice item for a present or that you really wanted. You have to compete against those that use listia as a business. You will find businesses on there selling their items. Those that require you to pay for shipping do NOT make any credits if any on the items. It is a HUGE ripoff. I have 140,000 credits but it might as well be 1 because the inflation over the last several months in credits is OFF THE CHARTS that 140,000 credits cost me roughly 50 bucks in shipping. It is all a big joke.

billyy3
8/27/15

I HAVE BEEN A LISTIAN FOR OVER 4 YRS YEAH I HAVE SOLD WON AND LOST AUCTIONS ON LISTIA AND I LOVE IT THERE IS NO CREDIT TO CASH AMOUNT DUE TO IT IS WHAT A BUYER WANTS TO USE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF CREDITS TO WIN CERTAIN AUCTIONS, SO ITS REALLY UP TO THE CONSUMER WHAT THEY USE OR DONT USE AND LISTIA HAS GONE UP IN CREDITS USE TO BE 5,00 WOULD GET U 2500 CREDITS AS OF NOW 5.00 CASH IF U BUY CREDITS GETS U NOW 17000! SURVEYS CAN BE BUMMERS BUT VIDEOS ALSWAYS SEEM TO GIVE U SMALL AMOUNT OF CREDITS WHICH DOES HELP WHEN NEEDED!, THEY IS THIS USER ON THERE THAT IS AWESOME, THE SELL LIKE YUGIOH CARDS AND JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE IN BETWEEN ITS LIKE ODDS N ENDS STUFF AND U CAN ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS AND MAKE COMMENTS AND SELLER TRYIES THEIR BEST TO ANSWER THEM ALL HONESTLY AND BETS TO THEIR KNOWLEDGE. I HAVE EVEN DONE 8 TRADES WITH THEM AND THE SELLER IS ALWAYS HONEST AND HAVE SENT ALL TRADES TO ME AFTER THEY HAVE GOTTEN FROM ME (YEAH I SEND FIRST WAS WARY BUT SO HAPPY I HAVE DONE THAT) SELLER IS THE BEST ALSO I HAVE PAID CAHS AWAY FROM LISTIA VIA SELLER RUNNINGWOLF316 VIA PAYPAL FOR DECKS AND BOXES OF CARDS AND OLDER VALUED ITEMS AND THEY ALWAYS CAME THRU. I KNOW SOME SELLERS SCAM ON THERE FOR I HAVE HAD THAT HPPEN TO ME BUT I AM SO HAPPY TO KNOW SELLERS THAT OVER A TIME PEROID BECOMES BEST BUDDIES AND ARE TRUST WORTHY AND RESPECTABLE, LISTIA IS THE BEST DUE TO THESE GOOD GREAT SELLERS AND FOR ITEMS THAT ARE SOLD ON THERE. THANKS LISTIA FOR THOSE AWESOME AUCTIONS AND SELLERS!
A SELLER AND BUYER ALWAYS!

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

41 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Listia staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question