US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

calebh33
8/19/16

When I first joined listia back in April of 2014 it started off great up until December of 2015. I ordered a ring for my mom as a Christmas gift and it said it was sterling silver but the ring turned a brass color the first week she wore it. Then I ordered a T-mobile cell phone and never received it and the seller never messaged me back (I waited 28 days for the seller to send it out) and I just ordered some water beads for plants and the seller refuses to send them to me! STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!!! There are very few honest people on this site! Don't waste your time! The picture isn't great but it is definitely a bronze color now not silver...

ivanc46
8/9/16

I was banned for being underage! Are you kidding me how ridiculous is that? There are no innapropiate items on Listia so why would they ban underage people? I am a very mature person and can handle selling and bidding on a website, but how ridiculous is that you get banned by just being underage. On the app store it says it is for 4+ but it is for 18+ false advertising! I bought a few items and even when my order was being processed they still ban you! They took my credits which I worked hard for on my account! This is an awful app stay away from it! It also encourages scamming and it has awful customer service!

Update: I emailed them and they told me to send a picture of my full ID, so I did and then they said they can't because of a typo I made that says I am underage. So, they basically just made me waste my time, first they ask me for an ID then they just try to cover it up with something else. I am indeed angered by this, make sure to double check and not make any typos or else they will be banning you and then asking for an ID, DO NOT send an ID because they then will make a lame excuse about it.

kiras12
8/7/16

This user called me a "mutt" and "troll" for asking a simple question. I blocked, flagged and reported her. She had tons of negative feedback and neutral feedback and she is STILL allowed to be on the site. She has gotten away with it and scamming a lot of people and Listia is just okay with it. I have screenshots to prove how horrid this person is. WHY ISN'T SHE BANNED YET???? ADDED (8/23/2016): I am also unable to flag bad listings from people who are blocked or have blocked me so she continues to list horribly and that's ok apparently
Also, expect to lose a lot of time and not gain credits. They give you surveys to do knowing they are going to disqualify you, yet you still have to answer 20+ pre-questions. They also put things like "register to receive your credits" and then you DO register and it goes into over 20 pages of ads and offers and then at the end has this silver, gold, and platinum offers that you HAVE to do to get your credits that all cost money and add more spam to your email. You have to pay shipping and handling for something out of that list to get your credits even though they already have your information and are going to spam you for the original offer, but not give you your credits. My email is so flooded it's not even funny...posting a screenshot.....this is pretty much all from Listia's offers and even when I unsubscribe, they keep sending more mail.

I have to lower my score to a one as this rule has made me do so: "Digital Items
Starting today, all newly listed items with digital delivery will need to meet one of the two requirements below:
1.The item can be used or claimed, and upon use, no longer has value and cannot be reused
2.The item being listed is Bitcoin......We feel that these changes surrounding digital items will help our community continue to grow in the best way possible. Today were lucky to have members who list things they no longer need, as well as others who create their own handmade items or buy new items to give to others. Digital items that can be reproduced indefinitely, however, dont seem to fit as well into the type of community were trying to create." That whole quote is from Listia...... so what you're saying is, I can't sell a skin I get on CS:GO because the person could resell it or there are more out there. Are you dense????? Physical things can be resold too and they are!!! I buy Magic cards out of packs, that means they are not new. I cannot reproduce my CS:GO skins indefinitely....I worked hard for those!!@!!$@Q#$R&)(# ANGRY X-(

Tip for consumers: Don't do survey related or sample related things for credits. They never deliver and make you go through every ad possible. Their rules for digital items are ludicrous!!!! They just remove your stuff and don't tell you or give you a reason AND I have NEVER gotten credits for any of the mobile offers I have done even though I've gone through the trouble of downloading all that crap. A lot of their offer links don't work either and don't contact support...they'll do whatever they can to keep y

safas1
8/1/16

Listia suspensed my account. They keep doing this. I want my account back.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site !!!!!!!!!!

anthonyw63
7/28/16

Listia is a fun, innovative, smart website. As a developer myself I can attest to the HUGE task of creating and maintaining a website of this caliber while imbuing it with positive ambience- and a self regulating credit value system? Kudos developers and to all those that would trash talk Listia based on a less than pleasant user experience or two while completing one of the myriad offers for credits available there I would say: I have experienced a few instances of not being credited when due myself however a complete support system is in place and friendly and functional to boot...I've been asked to provide proofs of completion as well...it seems demeaning in the moment but realize validation of this sort is a necessary evil...if users can scam a system, they will. Simple as not trusting everyone because of the few. And that becomes the baseline, the status quo for what is expected in app functionality in terms of security.Listia is an example of idealized love create it let it fly and let the users' various levels of input define how the system functions; with experience comes knowledge of real and potential pitfalls to the paradigm- the creator's brainchild.
It is a secure platform. I am CNISS MCITP,
Have transacted credit purchases from Listia numerous times, and have never experienced a site security issue. All transactions have been accurate and timely, I have never experienced an unauthorized transaction of any sort. THANKS LISTIA!

cassies21
7/26/16

I have been a member of Listia for about 2 years. I have conducted several successful auctions and won quite a few as well. I have found Listia's support team to be both professional and fair. My only complaint in regard to Listia is the maddening rate of inflation regarding the Listia credits. I bought a laptop on listia for about 100k credits, where as now I don't even believe that could get me a book about laptops (being facetious here, but not by much). That is why I have not been active on the site in almost one year.

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware. Thoroughly read the reviews of each Seller prior to purchase!

amyg87
7/26/16

I started out REALLY liking this site. Seemed like a great place to get rid of things I no longer wanted. If you start your bidding low, 499, then you are pretty much guaranteed to sell your stuff. Problem with this is at 499 credits, that doesn't even come close to covering the cost to ship it. Well I was dealing with that, as then I would get something I wanted and not pay shipping. All was well and good. Now, you go on there, and your credits aren't worth as much as they were worth, and the price of the GIN are just ridiculously high. I understand when you can sell it, it is only worth what someone else is willing to pay, but come on now. Barbie with horse on Listia for 1,200,000 credits, current rate for credits is $1=15,300. That would make this set $78.43. Did my research, and Walmart sells this same horse and barbie for $40.38. Even with shipping and tax you are paying more to purchase on Listia. I say use the site but use caution when bidding/buying. I look for a good deal, and I am just not sure Listia is offering the good deal anymore for the buyer or the seller. 3 months ago, I would have given them a 4 or 5 star rating, now I generously gave them 3, even though how things are going I would say they won't get even that soon...

marziag
7/25/16

I'm a student, and money is extremely tight, I found this website and thought it was an awesome idea, a website where you sometimes don't have to spend a penny! or put in credit card info!!! awesome, a way to get a few things so I am not spending money on wants and small necessities, BUT it is so awful.. It is cool at first, getting "credits" or Gin to spend for just doing account building... But after that,it is nearly impossible to earn credits! the heck! All the surveys and videos are a waste of time, you do not get the credits you are told you were, you get NONE. All it is, is a spiral of surveys and giving out personal info all for nothing, it is so bull$#*!.. Its a cool thought, and if the right person were doing it, it would be awesome but it is a rip off and it SUCKS.

christinas53
7/21/16

I've personally had a wonderful experience on Listia. Everytime I've had an issue with a buyer (and you will get them from time to time ; especially those who refuse to send a verifies address). I always sent support tickets and someone ALWAYS responded. A member that was messaging me and cussing me got the boot quick. Keel up the good support!

lakies5
7/20/16

when i first got on listia it was fun --- and i loved it --- but now the way they been raising the credits every day or two -- it makes me sick -------- to begin with it was 1000 credits = $1---- as of now it is 13500 credits = $1---- i was trying to save up 1 million credits to try to win a new computer ---- i got the credits saved up then realized -- i million credits was only worth $100.00 --- not the $ 1000.00 it used to be ------------- i auction off a toy for 25000 credits that = $25.00 when some one won it ---- i was saving my credits --- 2 weeks later the 25 dollars i was saving turned into only worth $10.00---please everyone on listia -----let boycott listia --- as of 9 - 1 - 2016 please have nothing up for auction --- what u got on auction now let it ride out and dont list anymore auctions until the credits goes back down to 1000 credits = $ 1 --- dont buy credits -- dont bid on an auction ---dont watch videos -- dont do any more survey ---- just check in every day to see if listia put the credits back down to 1000 = $ 1---------------- i will be doing all of the above but just me doing it will not change listia back it will --- take all of us on listia to do this --- so listia will hear us and listen to us ---- and put the credits back the way it was ------ thank to you all in advance for standing with me on this ------ ----

kimp79
6/27/16

Bought credits with my credit card .. Won auctions and then I couldn't log back in!!! I got message that my account had been suspended!!! I contacted them about WHY? My reply from them was they said I had another account there!!! WTH??? No I do not!!! I them replied that I expected to have my credit card refunded for the credits I bought and paid for in the account they suspended... I got another reply saying " any credits bought was Non Refundable" WTH??? So they took my money and then took my account so I couldn't use the credits I BOUGHT!!!! Scam!! Stay away from this place

jens269
6/14/16

I have been on Listia for a little over 2 years and I LOVE IT! The two things I agree with, #1 Inflation! It's pretty bad right now. With the additions of selling your points for cash and Listia Plus (I think it's called) the rate is out of whack. Give it a little time and it'll calm down. #2 The "professionals" or greedy a$$ sellers that list items WAYYYYY TO HIGH. It's sad, pathetic & the LAZY way to hustle, but nobody said you need to bid on their items, I just ignore them.

NOW, I'm going to call out all the people that are COMPLETELY WRONG and can't admit that THEY were the problem.... Listia has a GREAT staff! When you're having a problem member support steps in. They are SO INCREDIBLY fair!! I deal with them on a regular basis. Most of the time its great! Although, I'm not like these other IDIOTS ON HERE, I can admit when I Fu$k up! I have a big mouth and a tendency to tell people about themselves. I've gotten many warnings & suspended messaging, that I DESERVED! Im the perfect member besides running my mouth. 3500+ 100% positive feedback. They don't just punish people for nothing! These morons acted a HUGE fool in someway for their accounts to be banned. Scamming, thieving and/or being complete douchbags. I can promise you, 98% of those people running their mouth are guilty. Listia runs a tight ship, all you have to do is.. act like a decent person & follow the very easy rules and you'll have NO PROBLEMS!

On every auction page there is a "flag as inappropriate" link. If people just complain about fake items that's not much help to support. Hit that "FLAGGED link" and... TA DA It will be removed. Listia is a awesome community. I've made some amazing friends, found a new hobby, gotten TONS of fantastic stuff. This isn't the place to be if you're looking to get rich quick. Listia is a place to have fun, enjoy yourself and escape from the real world for a while. I suggest everyone try it out.

philips32
6/8/16

Listia use to be a pretty good site to trade things but now over 5% of the "members" are thieves looking to steal and scam.Even with horrible reviews these people are never removed.

aymne
6/7/16

Never returning back to listia until credits go from $1 = 10000 back to $1 = 1000. I don't care if you guys can't control the inflation, bring old listia back. You continue to make the site worse. You have TWO stars. If you want it to be atleast 3, do what your fans want. A happy, lovely, and cheaply listia. Not some high balling 400000000 credits for a playstation!!!!!!!

ruthannes
6/6/16

You put your items up fairly easily. I paid $5 for some points, I will never use. When I figured out the bids I was receiving would not cover the shipping on ANY of the items, I put in a request to have the account closed. They replied it was closed. From the emails I am receiving they are still going about like the items are available and my account is still active. Each email I respond to with another request to close the account, to no avail.

elizabethn41
6/5/16

If you have a problem they make you go through a LONG email process and then you are lucky to get your credits back.
NEVER BUY CREDITS! You will not get your money back for WEEKS!
Moist sellers sell garbage or items you can buy on EBAY for $1- $5
Awful experience.
Sellers sell fake jewelry and list as Sterling.
Nobody researches their items
Amateurs
I DO NOT recommend this site to anyone

bellar8
6/3/16

Terrible cannot contact customer service re return policy

daiser1
6/3/16

I sold many items and I have 9.731.200 credit all the items that I sold and I had paying all shipping for seller and listia never pay my credit. My alert is for buyer that want to sell on listia "be careful they never pay for you.

tinas88
6/2/16

Ive been on a few months. I offer free shipping because people dont bid much.of they have to pay for shipping. I use to watch the videos giving me 40 credits but now they quit giving me.credits.for that and then tried finding other free credits that wouldn't spam my phone like games downloaded or stores and would complete and no credits given. When we go in the minus cause we pay for shipping then try and get some free its not fair that we dont get them. When we want to lost for more.credits then listia takes so many which should be lowered. I pay for shipping and want more free videos or something like the slideshows that wont harass my phone or if i download and check.out a game for.2000 credits id like to.get it
Overall have loved it and a blast.

trashl
5/29/16

credits are not worthy what used be in 2012- 2014 $1=1000 f*ck you listia bring back the old site.
won: $2,750 gifts cards and electronics.
lost $324.00
my last day i scammed $450.00 worth gift cards and my account suspended till now.
$2,750+$450 you do the math.

edwardb91
5/26/16

Was good to begin,but customer service is lacking.have someone that is harassing me and customer service will not let me fill out a ticket.

cae21
5/18/16

Just this week they removed 3 of my listings because I only listed one of each per listing. They wanted 5 or more in each listing but my experience has proved that a multi item listing does not earn enough credits to cover the cost of the item and the shipping. It was the 3rd time I've been reprimanded and the second time they removed my listings. They should also allow a reserve. Debra H. said it used to be fun and I agree, but not anymore. Mostly Chinese listings with no free shipping.

debrah32
5/11/16

I've been on Listia for three years now. At first, I sold and bought a lot of stuff. Then the pro sellers got on and prices started to get crazy. Now, it seems it is only professional sellers and everyone is charging outrageous shipping prices. You can't afford to bid on anything if you are only a part-time player.

mikes391
5/10/16

When I started on Listia at least a couple of years ago, credits were I believe worth about $1= 1000 credits, and they were fairly stable for quite a while. I really haven't followed it very closely recently, but I believe the inflation started about a year ago and now is just out of control. I just checked the going rate on 5/10/16, they are now going for $1=9100 credits. So my approx. 25000 credits instead of being worth about $25 are now worth approx. $2.75.
Management does not seem to care and just keeps on issuing more credits in different ways, so I see no end in site for this hyperinflation.

I got stuck with my credits, I bought some to purchase something, won the item. Seller did not ship or respond to me. Although at the time Listia refunded for some of my purchased credits I had to keep some. They will not refund anymore for purchased credits even if sellers don't complete sale.

Stay far away, very far away unless you plan on using your credits very quickly.

mego6
5/8/16

Feel scammed by both Listia (who allowed this to be published) and TrialPay. I did an offer which said, word for word, "confirms instantly'' to get bonus credits.
Wow, THIS surely did not happen. I am now getting the runaround from TrialPay, asking for screen shots of my computer to prove I made the transaction.
the words confirms instantly is completely fraudulent!

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

43 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Listia staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question