Review of Listia

785 Castro St #C
Mountain View, CA 94041

beat268
6/1/17

I don't understand if you advertise Free Shipping then it should be just that. I have noticed people being bold enough to post within their ads that the cost of a particular item is as such and figured using credit exchange ratio and adding into that figure the shipping cost. Well let me be the first to inform anyone that figuring the cost of free shipping into the listing amounts is not free shipping and the moderators need to get on the ball sorting those people out and insisting they deduct the shipping amounts from their listings. This needs to be dealt with asap. People don't like being taken advantage of. You can sort out only the free shipping listings but many of those post that free shipping has been added to the listing amounts. This is no fair
trading practices.

richardh236
5/27/17

The people who run the site I scammers! They DO NOT provide fair rulings on conflicts! Even when tracking is used they come down in favor of the other person, no matter how rude or nasty that person maybe

robertg273
5/10/17

I have been with Listia since 2012 and love the site. There are a few people who want to try and scam but you have them everywhere. I list mainly sports cards and for me its like glorified trading. I list cards I don't want for ones I need for my collection. Many people who bid on my auctions are return customers and have no problem with shipping or receiving.\

I have filled many holes in my collection using Listia and will continue to do so.

michellem263
4/14/17

This site is terrible. If you are a seller & are in the same category as one of their "special" sellers, beware. LIstia doesn't enforce the rules for them & will allow the other sellers & their minions to harass you until you just give up & leave.

delanam
4/13/17

I started trading on Listia from Day #3 of its launch. The credit concept is wonderful. I was an avid seller and bidder. Unfortunately, for the last few years, I've had to deal with their out-of-control inflation. I warned them of this three or four years ago, when it started to escalate. They did not act, but only replied that they were keeping an eye on it. Then they compounded the problem by offering 'Get it Now' purchases. Now sellers are asking astronomical amounts for their wares, often leaving out the auction process. I rarely list items anymore and will only bid on low-credit items on occasion. Listia must do something to curb the inflation or I see a demise of the site in the months ahead.

jessh37
4/13/17

Use to be. A great site but its trash now you need millions of points to get something and listia has made things harder and harder now it's about them making money and picking thare favorite seller some of the sellers can sell stuff that against the rules but other sellers are not allowed to which is bull because there not even fallowing there own rules

jarmilae
2/20/17

Because Listia is selling credits for their gift cards up front of every other seller, you pay for shipping upfront from your pocket about 2.5 month before your credits are sold. Listia is selling cards digital delivery, so they have money right away and no need to pull any money out of their pocket. It is so ridiculous to even try to get friends involved with Listia, because I would feel guilty to send them such a unfair side !!!!! I'm with listia for about 5 years, but with in 2 month I will not put anything anymore, because they only wasting my own money !!! If you see reply on comments from listia, it is never to someone who is unhappy with Listia . I wish, they would give me explanation I deserve. Weekly I ship and pay with my money for shipping, in average $30-$35 from my pocket. Money for Credits I will get for these shipments in about 2 month !!!

kathye23
1/23/17

some lister are honest, but most are ripoffers, so called agents dont help u any. when u request help getting a refund good luck wont happen. If u want ripped off then go their. i have been ripped off too much. NOTHING IS FREE, THATS A LIE, U HAVE TO BY CREDITS, AND FREE SHIPPING, NOT TRUE THEY SEND IT POSTAGE DUE, THEN CALL U A LIAR! I AM THRU. PLEASE TAKE HEED DONT GO, TELL EVERYONE ABOUT THE TRUTH.

vickim43
1/22/17

I sold an item for over 50,000 points. Been selling items for over a year without any problems. Anyhow, I mailed out the item to the winner and she claims she never got it. She disputed it and got her credits back even though I provided a receipt from the post office. I was supposed to buy tracking as well!! I never had to do this before on ANY of my listings. Ok, so how am I supposed to know if this lady is lying or not?! I provided proof on my end, yet get screwed out of money paid for postage, plus the item? So not fair. I've listed about 7 items within the past few weeks, and about half of them disputed their winnings. One guy tried to say I gave him a wrong game code. I didn't. He didn't get his points back. Another lady claimed I sent her a dirty item,when in fact, it was brand new. I'm real tired of dishonest people on Listia, and if it continues, am cancelling my account. People just want something for free and have figured out how to do so on Listia. Be cautious if you use this website.

alanh84
1/21/17

I've been a member of listia for over 3 years, and other than the scams, It's been a Great experience. The mechanics of the site are like that of eBay, Feedback system, Bidding, Buy it Now/Get it Now, etc. Instead of money, we use a currency called "Credits" which are Earned and exchanged for buying and selling items on the site. So far it's been a good system, however, The value of credits has experienced major inflation in recent years, for example when I first joined 1000 credits = $1 dollar, Now 27,500 credits = $1 dollar, which in turn devalues the credits you've saved.

The vast majority of Sellers/Buyers on Listia are usually Honest, Friendly, Trustworthy and Always deliver on their promise. The sellers are really reasonable and they ship your order very fast, and when the item arrives, It's in pristine to perfect condition. And the buyers share the same honest, kind, characteristics as the sellers. They'll all a pleasure to deal with.

However, there are numerous scams and indecencies on the site which originate from various Buyers and Sellers alike. There was this one buyer (greggschimmel) who began to bombard me with rude and offensive private messages, just moments after winning my auction, which went on for several days until he finally requested a refund, which I provided him with, then after receiving a full refund and sending me a few more taunts, He gave me a permanent negative feedback rating on my account.

Also, I've been scammed countless times by Greedy Dishonest sellers on listia, Here are a few instances, 3 years ago, I won "Tomatillo Seeds" but, they haven't arrived since, and anther auction for an LG Phone which I won over 2 years ago, is still a no show.

There are way more auctions that didn't deliver on their promise, but I won't list them here because listia prevailed in refunding my credits for those fraudulent listings.

And remember to read listings thoroughly and I mean Rigorously thoroughly before Bidding!
Listia does not refund credits for misread auctions! The choice is only up to the Seller to decide on rather Keeping the credits for them self or Refund the credits to the buyer who Mistakingly thought they were getting something else by accidently misreading the listing's description! Unfortunately, If the seller says no, you just have to go along with the flow.

I should know because 6 days ago, I Mistakingly Made THE Most Ridiculous, Outrageous, Unfortunate, Regrettable, Unpardonable, Expensive, Unforgettable, Absolut WORST! Transaction I EVER!!! MADE! ON LISTIA!!! By Winning a 550,000 CREDIT auction for an Uncertain type and quantity of Blueberry seeds! From Lista Seller (bny)! I thought the auction Was for a LIVE BlueBerry Plant, Because I Discovered the listing under LIVE PLANTS!!! The TITLE READ: "Blueberry Bush" And THE Price Was Extremely HIGH! Like (1,375,000) CREDITS HIGH! But, I was very hyped about getting A Live Blueberry Plant, So I kindly asked the seller (bny) if the price can be reduced to 550,000, which the seller responded to in no time and it was reduced to 550,000 Which was virtually all of my credits which for the record took me more than 2 months of hard work to build up. And I thought I carefully read the entire description like 3 times before Submitting My credits, however, I've seemed to have missed the whole "seeds" part because it was cleverly hidden under the phrase 'Hardy Perennial' and the word 'seeds' was only mentioned once in the entire listing!

Bottom line, The Listing was listed under live plants, The price was very high,
The listing's title and description was typed up like a live plant auction, and the seller had a high feedback rating, So I assumed It was A Live Blueberry Plant, And I Submitted my 2 months work of 550,000 credits which has the equal value of $20.00 Dollars, That's RIGHT the equivalent of Twenty US DOLLARS!!! a few minutes later after winning the auction, I realized my regrettably expensive mistake when I saw the lone Word "Seeds" in the description, I immediately contacted the seller (bny) about the issue, but, to no response. And I had to wait 3 Days to submit a refund request via dispute, So waiting after 3 days, I sent in my refund request and reason, and I had to wait an additional day for The Seller and Listia's moderator to respond. bny Finally responds by disappointingly writing: (Listia Rule #1 ~ Carefully read listing information and descriptions before bidding.)

And the moderator's response was: (Hi, I'm very sorry, but we are not able to refund credits to the winner in this case. Only the seller can grant a refund in cases of buyer's remorse, accidental bidding, or shipping payment issues. Since the seller is not willing to grant you a refund, it is advised that you continue with the listing, receive the item(s), and relist it. If you still do not want the item, the credits will be transferred to the seller.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.)

It's been several days and Seller (bny) is still Ignoring my later messages, not answering my questions, And is very reluctant to refund any amount of my credits. 550,000 Credits/$20.00 Dollars, DOWN THE DRAIN. Hands Down the most Disappointing purchase I've made anywhere.
And still, no word from listia's moderators when I replied to their first message.

If anyone's going to use listia DO NOT BUY FROM SELLER: ( beware narcissistic yahoo ) AKA (bny). Don't even try!

Anyway, other than that, Listia's not just only a superb site, but, a close friend, I'll use it and support it to the very end.

UPDATE: (1/24/2017) The issue still hasn't been resolved, And Crook seller (bny) went on vacation with the credits he stole. Also, HE DISABLED ME FROM CONTACTING HIM AFTER I GAVE HIM 550,000 CREDITS, TRULY HORRENDOUS.

I ASSUME HE'S VACATIONING INTO THE CAVE OF SHAME.

UPDATE: (1/30/2017) The tracking number I received appeared to be false because, the tracking info claimed that the item was delivered to DECATUR, TN. But, I live nowhere near Tennessee. And Eventually, The moderator finally refunded my credits.

Tip for consumers: Remember to read listings thoroughly and I mean Rigorously thoroughly before Bidding!

nickb102
1/19/17

If you are having any bad issues with Listia,
been banned and you lost your credits ?
paid for shipping, then banned ?
Usres are banned after sending outvaluables and loose your credits with no way to spend them ?
Hundreds of usres aree being banned by inexperienced represenatives forno apparent reason. have anissue you would like to discuss ?
please share and post on our page at

We are makig a page to confront Listia and its bad business practices. Please Share! and post your issues.

khoap2
12/27/16

I often buy digital products: gilft card, code game, bitcoin... on listia.com. Thank you so much and goodluck

jimw120
12/27/16

I've been a member for over 5 years and I remember the days where one can find a good coffee maker and spend about 10k credits for it. Now, the credits are so worthless, the last auction I won was a mouse pad and I spent over 20k credits for it. I don't even bother doing the offers (or Lista) any longer because they pay jack and credits are now probably worth 1/10th of a penny each. Auctions with a GIN of 500k credits are now GINS of 5,000,000 for the same item! You guys really messed it up big time. Never again.

shaym21
12/27/16

im so sick of LISTIA RICHARD he is a joke i agree with Sharon M. review LISTIA IS A JOKE THE MODERATORS ARE RACIST and they DISCRIMINATE ITS OK FOR THERE HIGH END PAID OFF SELLERS TO RIP OFF BUYERS PROVIDE NO TRACKING NUMBER MAKE PROMISES TO A BUYER THAT THERE ITEM WILL BE THERE A CERTAIN DATE I BOUGHT MY KID THAT HAS CANCER A VR SYSTEM THE SELLER SAID IT WOULD BE HERE BY CHRISTMAS EVE I BOUGHT IT ON MONDAY CHRISTMAS EVE WAS ON A SAT .SO FROM MONDAY TO SATURDAY IS 5 DAYS THE SELLER BEWARE OF THIS SELLER COKEREWARDS2 NOTHING BUT A SCAMMING ..ANYWAY I ASKED WERE MY TRACKING NUMBER WAS HE SAID OH IT DONT HAVE A TRACKING NUMBER THEN I WAS TOLD HE WAS A DROP SHIPPER FROM AMAZON WELL TODAY IS 12/27/2016 AND I STILL HAVE NOT GOT MY SONS CHRISTMAS GIFT I EVEN OPENED A CASE ON 12/24/2016 SO I DID A TEST I CALLED THE SELLER A ASS HOLE SELLER ON 12/25/2015 NOW DONT FORGET I OPENED A CASE ON THE 24TH NOW CAN YOU BELIEVE THEY JUMPED AT A SNAP OF A FINGER WHEN I CALLED HIM A ASS BUT THEY STILL HAVE FAILED TO GIVE ME MY 1 MILLION CREDITS I PAID FOR A $5 DOLLAR ITEM IF YOU ASK ME THE Mr. Gee-Hwan Chuang
Co-Founder
Mr. James Fong
Co-Founder...............PLAY FAVS I THINK CERTAIN PEOPLE GET PAID TO USE LISTIA I ALSO FOUND SOMETHING ELSE TO BE FUNNY THE SELLER THAT HAS RIPPED ME OFF cokerewards2 HAS A 100 PERCENT FEEDBACK BUT YOU TELL ME HOW THAT IS WHEN HE HAS 7 NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS NOW I HAVE BEEN SELLING ON LISTIA FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS I ONLY HAVE 5 NEG FEEDBACKS AND MY FEEDBACK IS 98 SO YOU TELL ME HOW THATS EVEN POSSIBLE LISTIA IS A RIGGED SCAMMING DISCRIMATION SITE YOU CANT CALL NO ONE A DONKEY AKA ASS WHICH IS NOT A CURSE WORD ITS IN THE BIBLE BUT SELLERS LIKE cokerewards2 CAN STEEL FROM ME AND MY CANCER SON NO QUESTIONS ASKED HOW IS THAT FAIR LISTIA YOU FAILED THE TEST IM THINKING ABOUT FILING DISCRIMATION CHARGES

jenniferv47
12/1/16

I have been on Listia for a little over 3 years now, as a buyer and a seller, I really love this site and have not had any real problems with it at all! Yes, the value of the dollar fluctuates, but it has not been extremely severe at all, I have never seen it go below 20k for $1, but I look at the fact that the dollar fluctuates every day in regular life, so, no big deal!
Yes, I have bid on things where the seller turned out to be horrible, but I just ask for my credits back and I have gotten them back every single time that I have asked. Again, this is how life is every day too, there are bad people, and then you have those people who are great and they make your day even better! I have "run" into more of the great ones one Listia more than I have run into the horrible ones though, which I am really happy about!
I would not trade my account for anything! Thank you Listia!!

katelynns3
12/1/16

its real and you can get free stuff with credits like using others refers and posting yours also surveys give you credits and Facebook game can also give you credits please use my refer link/code so we both get some more credits thank would highly recommend this site and app.... A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ my refer code DHYJKM please use if you have not joined yet thanks ps it also gives you a additional 1,000 credits

destynel
11/24/16

Great site to get good stuff for basically free unless you but points I usually just do things on the site to easily gain points! Like the reason I'm posting this help me and YOU get free points by signing up for an account using my refer code! CBPZTV

jeremyg31
11/21/16

I like it it's almost like Angie's List but protecting businesses from fraud and scams thank you so much for helping me out site Jabber

albertag
11/19/16

I spent $75 on credits to win an auction. I won it then went in hospital and with pain meds forgot to verify address so lost all credits and never got item. The seller relisted and sold it again.
Also credits are worth hardly anything now. Used to be credits were worth more.

peggyv10
11/18/16

I can honestly say I have had only one real problem with Listia and it was a stupid mistake that caused my problem on my part. Listia was real helpful in getting me back on track. Be honest, don't swear or be a jerk, find out the problem I didn't even know how I did it. It took several hours and a lot of patience and I was back up online and happy. I was back with my friends. I am still not sure what I did and don't know how I did it but thanks for setting me straight and getting back up with all my friends. Peggy J. D.

erikak13
11/1/16

I had 68,880 my account got hacked and then i made another account 40,730 i turned my phone off for 8:00am to 6:15pm my accont got banned i lost my points

Yall can kiss my big half white and african american ass!

sharonm157
10/8/16

LISTIA IS A JOKE THE MODERATORS ARE RACIST SO TIRED OF BUYERS MISUNDERSTANDING MY AUCTIONS AND BIDDING THEN THEY DO A DISPUTE AND THEY REFUND THEIR CREDITS I USED TO LOVE LISTIA BUT NOW I HATE IT.
LISTIA RICHARD IS A JOKE AND NEED TO BE REMOVED AS A MODERATOR AND I WILL SEE THAT HE DOES!!!!! VERY UNFAIR TO GOOD SELLER LIKE JUST TIRED OF IT!!!

peterm216
10/3/16

I was an "early adopter" of Listia, and it was a site with great potential when I first joined in 2009. What is LIstia? Well it's a sort of barter marketplace, similar to what eBay WAS back when it was a trading post for collectors and garage salers-- except on Listia, people trade with "points" rather than dollars.

For some years, it was really a great venue and the system worked well... unfortunately, the site owners' efforts to attract people and provide "incentive" and "value" that attracts new users has backfired... in such a way that the site now is plagued by severe "point inflation."

What that means is that where you could two years ago trade 120,000 points for a $50 Amazon gift card, today you need 500,000(!) points to trade for a $15(!) Amazon gift card... essentially meaning that the "value" of the site's point currency becomes more and more worthless on a daily basis.

I have basically lost confidence in the site and stopped using it-- even though I still love the idea of a moneyless trading system. I can't really recommend the site anymore... or I would have to say that a new user should AT LEAST be aware that what's worth something today may be all but worth-LESS in a month from now. A great shame... another cool venue that has shot itself in the foot...

Tip for consumers: I would say that Listia has outlived its usefulness and is in slow decline towards its inevitable demise... UNLESS management radically changes something.

patn21
10/2/16

First it was a great site to sell as other reviewers mention. But the credits devalue very quickly so I highly recommend you buy something as soon as you sell. Also, there are a lot of foreign sellers now selling cheap foreign made items. This site use to have a big garage sale or flea market feel, now it has a "Big-Lots" feel to it.

nathanielp18
9/24/16

I started listia and told my friend about it, he said he would fan me if I did back, so I did, I wanted one of his items, I bidded, the next day, my and his account was banned, I emailed support and they repied, you can't have more than one account, I lost all my points I made selling my valuable items.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

47 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Listia staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 8/31/13
Answer
Why is it Listia does not stand behind it's trusted sellers? I left Listia a year ago; I worked hard to gain their trusted seller status, I mailed all my auctioned items the day after the auctions ended and my items go for a lot of credits. But then I got scrupulous bidders who wanted more for the items they bid so highly for. Listia gave them their credits back because I did not use tracking. I have won many things on Listia and unless it was big enough to require a box, nothing I ever won came with tracking. So I feel that when people feel they bid too much for my items they claimed they didn't receive them which left me wither the credits and the items I auctioned. But I like the concept of Listia, so I came back this year and now am being faced with the same thing, unscrupulous people claiming they didn't get their item and listia siding with them, giving them their credits back, despite the fact that when a large number of bidders didn't acknowledge getting their items I notified listia of the same. And they gave me the same excuse, the bidder got their credits back because I didn't use tracking. Listia recommends but does not require it and if you list as many auctions as I do it is much to costly to use tracking. Which defeats the purpose, I joined Listia to get things for my granddaughter that I could not afford to buy.
on 4/7/15
on 4/16/15
on 1/28/15
on 12/22/15
on 1/6/16
Answer
I am a previous user of Listia. I personally think they are unfair. My acct was suspended without warning for things that I listed. Now I can understand if I listed something no one else did and it was inappropriate but their judgement was completely unfair. After spending money on credits and my acct suspended i lost precious money I could have put else where. At least warn ppl before they suspend your acct. Let them know what they did wrong. I posted old clothes my son didnt wear because they didnt fit him anymore. everything in good condition. No tears, clean neat. Other users did exactly the same and still have open accts! How is this fair?! I dont see how they are allowed to continue this site. someone should get them shut down.
Now that i have been suspended i can never have an acct with them again. I like lista. Their items are cool and new (even used but in great condition). Its bull crap!
on 4/23/15
on 7/18/15
on 7/4/15
on 4/21/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Listia staff and other customers.

47 Photos for Listia