US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jenniferv47
12/1/16

I have been on Listia for a little over 3 years now, as a buyer and a seller, I really love this site and have not had any real problems with it at all! Yes, the value of the dollar fluctuates, but it has not been extremely severe at all, I have never seen it go below 20k for $1, but I look at the fact that the dollar fluctuates every day in regular life, so, no big deal!
Yes, I have bid on things where the seller turned out to be horrible, but I just ask for my credits back and I have gotten them back every single time that I have asked. Again, this is how life is every day too, there are bad people, and then you have those people who are great and they make your day even better! I have "run" into more of the great ones one Listia more than I have run into the horrible ones though, which I am really happy about!
I would not trade my account for anything! Thank you Listia!!

katelynns3
12/1/16

its real and you can get free stuff with credits like using others refers and posting yours also surveys give you credits and Facebook game can also give you credits please use my refer link/code so we both get some more credits thank would highly recommend this site and app.... A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ my refer code DHYJKM please use if you have not joined yet thanks ps it also gives you a additional 1,000 credits

destynel
11/24/16

Great site to get good stuff for basically free unless you but points I usually just do things on the site to easily gain points! Like the reason I'm posting this help me and YOU get free points by signing up for an account using my refer code! CBPZTV

jeremyg31
11/21/16

I like it it's almost like Angie's List but protecting businesses from fraud and scams thank you so much for helping me out site Jabber

albertag
11/19/16

I spent $75 on credits to win an auction. I won it then went in hospital and with pain meds forgot to verify address so lost all credits and never got item. The seller relisted and sold it again.
Also credits are worth hardly anything now. Used to be credits were worth more.

peggyv10
11/18/16

I can honestly say I have had only one real problem with Listia and it was a stupid mistake that caused my problem on my part. Listia was real helpful in getting me back on track. Be honest, don't swear or be a jerk, find out the problem I didn't even know how I did it. It took several hours and a lot of patience and I was back up online and happy. I was back with my friends. I am still not sure what I did and don't know how I did it but thanks for setting me straight and getting back up with all my friends. Peggy J. D.

erikak13
11/1/16

I had 68,880 my account got hacked and then i made another account 40,730 i turned my phone off for 8:00am to 6:15pm my accont got banned i lost my points

Yall can kiss my big half white and african american ass!

sharonm157
10/8/16

LISTIA IS A JOKE THE MODERATORS ARE RACIST SO TIRED OF BUYERS MISUNDERSTANDING MY AUCTIONS AND BIDDING THEN THEY DO A DISPUTE AND THEY REFUND THEIR CREDITS I USED TO LOVE LISTIA BUT NOW I HATE IT.
LISTIA RICHARD IS A JOKE AND NEED TO BE REMOVED AS A MODERATOR AND I WILL SEE THAT HE DOES!!!!! VERY UNFAIR TO GOOD SELLER LIKE JUST TIRED OF IT!!!

peterm216
10/3/16

I was an "early adopter" of Listia, and it was a site with great potential when I first joined in 2009. What is LIstia? Well it's a sort of barter marketplace, similar to what eBay WAS back when it was a trading post for collectors and garage salers-- except on Listia, people trade with "points" rather than dollars.

For some years, it was really a great venue and the system worked well... unfortunately, the site owners' efforts to attract people and provide "incentive" and "value" that attracts new users has backfired... in such a way that the site now is plagued by severe "point inflation."

What that means is that where you could two years ago trade 120,000 points for a $50 Amazon gift card, today you need 500,000(!) points to trade for a $15(!) Amazon gift card... essentially meaning that the "value" of the site's point currency becomes more and more worthless on a daily basis.

I have basically lost confidence in the site and stopped using it-- even though I still love the idea of a moneyless trading system. I can't really recommend the site anymore... or I would have to say that a new user should AT LEAST be aware that what's worth something today may be all but worth-LESS in a month from now. A great shame... another cool venue that has shot itself in the foot...

Tip for consumers: I would say that Listia has outlived its usefulness and is in slow decline towards its inevitable demise... UNLESS management radically changes something.

patn21
10/2/16

First it was a great site to sell as other reviewers mention. But the credits devalue very quickly so I highly recommend you buy something as soon as you sell. Also, there are a lot of foreign sellers now selling cheap foreign made items. This site use to have a big garage sale or flea market feel, now it has a "Big-Lots" feel to it.

nathanielp18
9/24/16

I started listia and told my friend about it, he said he would fan me if I did back, so I did, I wanted one of his items, I bidded, the next day, my and his account was banned, I emailed support and they repied, you can't have more than one account, I lost all my points I made selling my valuable items.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site

yvettea13
9/22/16

I likes listia and i have been a member since may 2016 and i started selling items on there. The bad thing is that u have a 7 days to ship the item after someone has won the. Dont listia staff think there are people with babies!! I HATE listia now. How am i gonna send stuff within a 7 day period with no help at all. I mean i have homework to do, take care of a my baby, and other stuff who has the time. I was banned. I dont recommend LIstia but i did won some items on listia

bom48
9/19/16

As of today 18,100 Credits = US$1 (though credit value may have dropped even further by the time I post this). I am growing more frustrated with this site in all honesty. Most of the credits I worked hard for and spent a lot of money earning (items + shipping expenses) aren't worth even a tenth of what it used to be when I first started using this site a couple years ago. The credit value keeps dropping by the day and I've never seen such outrageous inflation in my life.
The degradation of this site just within the past year has been appalling. Support is getting worse to the point that its useless (I got the same automated response sent to me twice when I replied to the first one - so they obviously don't even read the messages). The few benefits like "rewards store" don't offer as many items as they used to, and the value of items have decreased. Same with "sponsored raffles".
Worst of all is the gross devaluing of the credits. This trend is only getting worse and Listia doesn't seem interested in correcting the crash course its on. I want to cash out but the problem now is that my credits aren't worth as much anymore, most of the items listed are junk (worthless sports cards, recipes, used clothing, etc), and the few sellers selling high end items are asking for outrageous amounts.
I feel like its like the classic bait and switch con game - start off with a fairly decent site where you can occasionally get some nice items and the credit value was fairly stable and then when they get enough members let things spiral out of control. Don't know why they don't seem to care that they're going to lose a lot of long term members because of this.

jaredg10
9/15/16

my account got suspended for absolutely no f*cking reason

nikkim23
9/7/16

So you use credits instead of money and it's an auction site. To make sure you don't get scammed, only bid on auction with 100% next to their name. That means they have no negative feedback. Either way you can read their sellers feedback. And if you read everything, it tells you if that auction has free shipping or not. And you can always apply the filter to show auctions only with free shipping. This site is amazing. As long as you pay attention to what you're doing. I've been with them for about 9 years

chrisv40
9/6/16

when I started Listia...$1 equated to 1000 credits....now $1 equates to over 15,000 credits! so all the credits. i earned and saved up over time....have steadily lost their value....I lost out big time in the end....spend $10 buying credits, just to have their value drop to less than $2 when I go to use them....let's not forget all the fake listings people list to rip you off...more often than not you dont get rewarded credits for surveys and offers you complete, and before you know it, your phone is blowing up, and your email is full everyday from all your personal info being shared across the galaxy with marketing companies hell bent on harassing you out of your money...so...to sum it up....you pay a bunch of shipping out of your pocket, or get way less credits if you charge shipping, you never get any kind of profit or break even...you will always end up paying, or being ripped off, your credits steadily lose their actual dollar value, so sit on them too long, and they wont be worth anything by the time you decide to spend them...even if you auctioned of a $1,000 item, the credits you get will steadily depreciate in value....sux when your saving up 7 million for a nice new tv, and the credits constantly drop in value, so the tv price steadily goes up to compensate, but your credits dont steadily go up...now you need 8 million credits for the damn tv, after you sold off half your house on there trying to save up 7 million....get it? It's a con....and the only one winning is Listia...they will suspend your account a day after you spend $100 buying credits directly, with no explanation, nothing....think of all the ways Listia is using your stuff, and you to profit....all the members incur the shipping costs, all of it, while Listia steadily collects cash, and changes the value of credits to ensure they keep profiting....the concept of listia is a great one, but Listia has become a rip off from hell...wish I could start a site that takes the concept and improves upon it...customer service is terrible...rude, or sometimes you dont get it at all...even if you submit a support ticket.. The fake auctions are always for nice stuff, like tv's game systems, iphones..etc...more are fake than real, but Listia leaves the fakes up until the last day of the auction...they do this so that newbies or potential new users will see all these tv's and playstations while browsing, and think Listia is awesome because all the cool stuff you can win...never knowing half the stuff your looking at was listed by fake users, just trying to get you to send $ to their paypal for shipping on an item that doesnt exist....all around it's a rip off.

gianaw
9/5/16

This site allows some to sell items & while they forbid others to sell the exact same item.
Items were removed several months back while there are sellers who are selling the exact same items and when those are flagged nothing is done about it.
Very unfair site, shady at best. And what's with all the credit hiking? Until they straighten out their act I will not return as a seller. I want 100% unbiased treatment however that will never happen.

calebh33
8/19/16

When I first joined listia back in April of 2014 it started off great up until December of 2015. I ordered a ring for my mom as a Christmas gift and it said it was sterling silver but the ring turned a brass color the first week she wore it. Then I ordered a T-mobile cell phone and never received it and the seller never messaged me back (I waited 28 days for the seller to send it out) and I just ordered some water beads for plants and the seller refuses to send them to me! STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!!! There are very few honest people on this site! Don't waste your time! The picture isn't great but it is definitely a bronze color now not silver...

ivanc46
8/9/16

I was banned for being underage! Are you kidding me how ridiculous is that? There are no innapropiate items on Listia so why would they ban underage people? I am a very mature person and can handle selling and bidding on a website, but how ridiculous is that you get banned by just being underage. On the app store it says it is for 4+ but it is for 18+ false advertising! I bought a few items and even when my order was being processed they still ban you! They took my credits which I worked hard for on my account! This is an awful app stay away from it! It also encourages scamming and it has awful customer service!

Update: I emailed them and they told me to send a picture of my full ID, so I did and then they said they can't because of a typo I made that says I am underage. So, they basically just made me waste my time, first they ask me for an ID then they just try to cover it up with something else. I am indeed angered by this, make sure to double check and not make any typos or else they will be banning you and then asking for an ID, DO NOT send an ID because they then will make a lame excuse about it.

kiras12
8/7/16

This user called me a "mutt" and "troll" for asking a simple question. I blocked, flagged and reported her. She had tons of negative feedback and neutral feedback and she is STILL allowed to be on the site. She has gotten away with it and scamming a lot of people and Listia is just okay with it. I have screenshots to prove how horrid this person is. WHY ISN'T SHE BANNED YET???? ADDED (8/23/2016): I am also unable to flag bad listings from people who are blocked or have blocked me so she continues to list horribly and that's ok apparently
Also, expect to lose a lot of time and not gain credits. They give you surveys to do knowing they are going to disqualify you, yet you still have to answer 20+ pre-questions. They also put things like "register to receive your credits" and then you DO register and it goes into over 20 pages of ads and offers and then at the end has this silver, gold, and platinum offers that you HAVE to do to get your credits that all cost money and add more spam to your email. You have to pay shipping and handling for something out of that list to get your credits even though they already have your information and are going to spam you for the original offer, but not give you your credits. My email is so flooded it's not even funny...posting a screenshot.....this is pretty much all from Listia's offers and even when I unsubscribe, they keep sending more mail.

I have to lower my score to a one as this rule has made me do so: "Digital Items
Starting today, all newly listed items with digital delivery will need to meet one of the two requirements below:
1.The item can be used or claimed, and upon use, no longer has value and cannot be reused
2.The item being listed is Bitcoin......We feel that these changes surrounding digital items will help our community continue to grow in the best way possible. Today were lucky to have members who list things they no longer need, as well as others who create their own handmade items or buy new items to give to others. Digital items that can be reproduced indefinitely, however, dont seem to fit as well into the type of community were trying to create." That whole quote is from Listia...... so what you're saying is, I can't sell a skin I get on CS:GO because the person could resell it or there are more out there. Are you dense????? Physical things can be resold too and they are!!! I buy Magic cards out of packs, that means they are not new. I cannot reproduce my CS:GO skins indefinitely....I worked hard for those!!@!!$@Q#$R&)(# ANGRY X-(

UPDATE 10/01/2016: Now they have sunk even lower. I was refunded by a seller because my item didn't come on time and them over a month later it got to me so I let him know and I wanted to repay the credits. In the end he ended up becoming extremely rude and leaving me neutral feedback AFTER I paid him mind you. Listia will do nothing about it mark my words. I've upped my complaints to the BBB and I'll let you know what happens.

Tip for consumers: Don't do survey related or sample related things for credits. They never deliver and make you go through every ad possible. Their rules for digital items are ludicrous!!!! They just remove your stuff and don't tell you or give you a reason AND I have NEVER gotten credits for any of the mobile offers I have done even though I've gone through the trouble of downloading all that crap. A lot of their offer links don't work either and don't contact support..They NEVER help and have bots

safas1
8/1/16

Listia suspensed my account. They keep doing this. I want my account back.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site !!!!!!!!!!

anthonyw63
7/28/16

Listia is a fun, innovative, smart website. As a developer myself I can attest to the HUGE task of creating and maintaining a website of this caliber while imbuing it with positive ambience- and a self regulating credit value system? Kudos developers and to all those that would trash talk Listia based on a less than pleasant user experience or two while completing one of the myriad offers for credits available there I would say: I have experienced a few instances of not being credited when due myself however a complete support system is in place and friendly and functional to boot...I've been asked to provide proofs of completion as well...it seems demeaning in the moment but realize validation of this sort is a necessary evil...if users can scam a system, they will. Simple as not trusting everyone because of the few. And that becomes the baseline, the status quo for what is expected in app functionality in terms of security.Listia is an example of idealized love create it let it fly and let the users' various levels of input define how the system functions; with experience comes knowledge of real and potential pitfalls to the paradigm- the creator's brainchild.
It is a secure platform. I am CNISS MCITP,
Have transacted credit purchases from Listia numerous times, and have never experienced a site security issue. All transactions have been accurate and timely, I have never experienced an unauthorized transaction of any sort. THANKS LISTIA!

cassies21
7/26/16

I have been a member of Listia for about 2 years. I have conducted several successful auctions and won quite a few as well. I have found Listia's support team to be both professional and fair. My only complaint in regard to Listia is the maddening rate of inflation regarding the Listia credits. I bought a laptop on listia for about 100k credits, where as now I don't even believe that could get me a book about laptops (being facetious here, but not by much). That is why I have not been active on the site in almost one year.

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware. Thoroughly read the reviews of each Seller prior to purchase!

amyg87
7/26/16

I started out REALLY liking this site. Seemed like a great place to get rid of things I no longer wanted. If you start your bidding low, 499, then you are pretty much guaranteed to sell your stuff. Problem with this is at 499 credits, that doesn't even come close to covering the cost to ship it. Well I was dealing with that, as then I would get something I wanted and not pay shipping. All was well and good. Now, you go on there, and your credits aren't worth as much as they were worth, and the price of the GIN are just ridiculously high. I understand when you can sell it, it is only worth what someone else is willing to pay, but come on now. Barbie with horse on Listia for 1,200,000 credits, current rate for credits is $1=15,300. That would make this set $78.43. Did my research, and Walmart sells this same horse and barbie for $40.38. Even with shipping and tax you are paying more to purchase on Listia. I say use the site but use caution when bidding/buying. I look for a good deal, and I am just not sure Listia is offering the good deal anymore for the buyer or the seller. 3 months ago, I would have given them a 4 or 5 star rating, now I generously gave them 3, even though how things are going I would say they won't get even that soon...

marziag
7/25/16

I'm a student, and money is extremely tight, I found this website and thought it was an awesome idea, a website where you sometimes don't have to spend a penny! or put in credit card info!!! awesome, a way to get a few things so I am not spending money on wants and small necessities, BUT it is so awful.. It is cool at first, getting "credits" or Gin to spend for just doing account building... But after that,it is nearly impossible to earn credits! the heck! All the surveys and videos are a waste of time, you do not get the credits you are told you were, you get NONE. All it is, is a spiral of surveys and giving out personal info all for nothing, it is so bull$#*!.. Its a cool thought, and if the right person were doing it, it would be awesome but it is a rip off and it SUCKS.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

46 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Listia staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
alexandrak17
Alexandra K.
3 weeks ago
Answer
listiaj
Listia J.
A: If you list shipping with the auction, do not send anything until shipping is paid for.
1 week, 6 days ago
3 weeks, 3 days ago
Answer
listiaj
Listia J.
A: Have you been approved yet? If not its because you don't sell enough. You have to sell at least 500,000 credits per month and hold a 95% rating in order to make the list.
1 week, 6 days ago