Review of JustFab

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

lindsayr33
3/27/17

Yes the fine print is really fine. Yes you may sign up for a membership you don't want for shoes that are made cheaper than you normally like to wear. Yes you may have to communicate with someone outside of the country if you are not satisfied. Yes-yes-yes to all of the components that make up the world of online shopping. However, to say that this company is nothing but a scam to get your money is inaccurate..I mean first of all what company doesn't ultimately want your money? but besides that point the information is there if you care to read it. It specifically tells you what you're about to do--but if you are anything like me, you don't care--you are only SHOES--in mind and body--whatever it takes. Then later on, upon a casual reference to your CC statement (because you don't really care if you die in debt)--you see that you have been triple charged for shoes you really didn't even like that much--and when you call to inquire, it is explained that you signed up for a membership that deducts $40 from your account every month unless you skip it. Then--you go to the website--because surely you (being the pillar of wisdom you are) could not have missed such an important message about the future of your financial health--and you dig and dig for a potential error that could cost JustFab thousands--NO--MILLIONS of dollars in false advertising payouts--but alas, you discover it's actually all there in the fine print right in front of you--which you failed to notice the first time. Then--you call them back--and meekly request to cancel (after you've used all of the credits you've accrued over the past few months of course) and they try to talk you out of it...and they're pretty cute about it--but you know what you need to do so you do it. BUT then--your final order doesn't arrive as it should--it was "sent back" for some reason. You panic--you realize that the customer service rep on the phone was right--you SHOULD have waited to cancel, in case issues arise with your final order. You've read all of the negative reviews about JustFab online--you just know getting your money back won't be an easy task. You feel dumb--and pretty apathetic at this point. So when you receive a feedback survey, you decide to call attention to the fact that you didn't receive your order--thinking of course--that it would just fall on deaf ears and you'd never see that that $120 again. But then--you get an email from a customer service rep--letting you know they received your feedback, and asking if you'd like a refund or a reship--and the clouds part. There's someone listening! What a great feeling. What a great thing to know that you're not all alone in online shopping space stomping your cheaply made shoe and hating yourself for being a dummy. And you tell them you want a refund--and they say "Ok--we issued a refund" and the relief washes over you and all is right in the world again.
I see the negative reviews about this site and I can't relate. Honestly. It's so much worse in some cases. This company really seems to have their stuff together. I may rejoin eventually!

danig22
3/24/17

In my experience- Not worth the money and borderline scam. Do not fall for it. Just fab needs to give up.

breel5
3/21/17

I received a pair of shoes that were two different sizes, one 8 1/2 one 7 1/2. Obviously, it's going to be rather difficult to wear said pair of shoes when neither of the shoes are my size. I called to cancel my membership and requested a refund for the shoes that I'm not going to be able to wear. The operator promised me a refund that hasn't been deposited into my account yet (it's been two weeks) so I'm assuming that I'm just not gonna get my money back, and I had to tell her like four times that I wanted to cancel my account before she finally did. This site is super sketchy and I recommend it to no one.

nicoleg78
3/19/17

Wanted to give them another chance after I had cancelled for the same reason everyone else had (credit), to be told my account is closed forever and I'm not allowed to use my original email address and have to create a new email address just for them.... Lol. no. Saves me £35 that I can spend elsewhere then huh, haha!

claireb76
3/19/17

If 0 stars was an option I would definitely choose that. My experience with JustFab started back in October when I bought a pair of boots from them for a very low price of £8.75. The boots arrived, I don't wear them but I didn't want the agro of returning them for the sake of 8 pounds. Since then I forgot all about them, it's only recently I've discovered they've been taking £35 out of my account for the last five months (sincoriginsl purchase). I've gone back and forward with emails to a different person everytime, all saying the same crap that when I purchased the first item I was made a "VIP" member (something that isn't made clear enough from the start)
So like many others I fell into the trap of JustFab)

Eventually I rang them and couldn't understand a word of the lady speaking, she again repeated what all the emails had said, obviously reading it off a screen, not letting me get a word in. It wasn't until I threatened to quit as a member that she offered me a refund. I am now cancelling my card so they can't take anymore money and then my account. This "mistake" of mine cost me £175 so don't fall into the trap of this $#*!e company!

rosalingc
3/17/17

I've been a JustFab member for 2 years now and I love them. I recently tried to get a friend to join but she said she didn't want to because of the horrible reviews. So I just wanted to put in my experience.

I did start exactly like everyone else, I wanted to buy a pair and didn't realise they automatically sign you up for a membership and take your money every month, so after 3 month of them taking out my money I called and tried to cancel and they said I would lose my credits if I canceled so I should use them first and then cancel. Fast foward 2 years later and I still have a membership.

First: Before you sign up.. When you buy your first pair, they start your membership automatically. You have to call immidiately if you dont want to continue with them and to avoid any future charges.

Second: You can skip every month from the 1st to the 5th if you need to, personally they are not the only company that takes out automatic payments so it's not that hard to remember for me.*I skip alot just because you can't combined dicounts and credits and there are sales almost every month*

Third: Don't expect to wear the same size in every shoe it varies depending on the the style. As soon as your order gets to you, try them on. You have 30 days to request an exchange and after putting in the request you have 7 days to print the exchange label and send the shoes by post. If you just want a refund you pay like a fee of $5.95.

Lastly, Customer Service: I've called many times (I have their number saved to my contacts) and always talked to someone from the Philippines. I did have a problem once, the gentleman could not understand what shoe I wanted to exchange and kept saying the wrong one, he was still very nice.

It sucks so many woman have issues with them, they really do have great shoes!!

priscillad7
3/16/17

I had so many problems with this sham of a company. No one so ever give them access to their card information. I canceled the account in November them was charged and they claimed I never calncled. So I had my bank give me a new card. I decided to use the 2 months credit they have charged me because I couldn't get my money back and what did they do. They charged me card for 3 months! They had my account checking and routing number. These people are snakes the shoes weren't even good quality. They claimed not to have record of the months I was charged. and apparently the credits were from these past 3 months. Ugh I'm trying to fight them but apparently because I decided to use the 2 credits that I had already been charged for, I'm not able to despute it. Moral of the story save yourself the headache and money. The shoes I got came all scuffed up and looked worn. And they will charge you even when you change your card and cancel. I hate justfab I will never reccomend it to anyone ever again! I wish I could rate this negative stars

evelinab1
3/16/17

Please watch out their VIP membersips!!!! I only purchased their shoes once only to realize I'm their member now - which means charged additional $39.99 for VIP membership- that was in November 2016, today is March of 2017 and they still didn't refund me for that charge! They always say the payment is on its way but surprisingly never gets to me! I wish there is a way to take them to a small claim court but then for $40 ?? So basically they just stole my money.

samanthae18
3/15/17

I never shopped on this site before, I saw an AD on Facebook saying they were having an all access VIP sale just 10$ for shoes, so I did it, my account was later on chargerd 50$ for their "Membership" that I never signed up for.
Shoes weren't even comfy

jessicab220
3/14/17

First of all, they get you to join by offering a great discount on your first pair of shoes. And yeah, that's nice at first. But as you stay a little longer, you'll notice that about 70% of the shoes you really want are rarely (if ever) in stock.
Second, if you're cool with being charged monthly for $39.95, just know that you will not be able to use that towards any promotions they run. So when there's a sale, too bad, you have to pay with ON TOP of what they already charged you beginning of the month. That's a big catch.
3rd, the customer service can be really annoying when you finally call to cancel because you're tired of it or you accidently forgot to "skip" the month so you won't be billed. I just got off the phone with this person named Eva, who didn't listen to my concerns at all but only tried to talk me out of them. It was a crappy sales experience which made me want to leave even more.
I gave 2 stars bc hey, sometimes you can catch a good deal on here, but they money trap is far more annoying and just not worth it. I'd rather go to tjmaxx or marshalls. Shoes are the same price if not cheaper.

emmaw68
3/14/17

Like others, I didn't read the small print when signing up.
- If you don't make a purchase every month, you have to log in to 'skip' otherwise you will be charged.
- Even though they get you in the first place with attractive offers, after that everything is overpriced and so you won't want to purchase.
- The customer services number on the Returns slip is always "unavailable".
- You can't get a full refund online, you have to phone... on the "unavailable" number.
- They 'seek compensation' from you if the box you return the item in is damaged... even if it was damaged when they delivered it!
Avoid, avoid, avoid.

austins31
3/12/17

This company has been very frustrating to work with. After the first month of realizing my card would be charged $40 every month for "store credit" I called customer service for a refund and to cancel my account. I was issued the refund and was told that I had the option to keep the account without my credit card being charged monthly. I agreed but realized my card had been charged again the following month. I contacted customer service again who ignored my requests to cancel and instead suggested products I could purchase with the credits. The last message I sent requested my account be cancelled. Ultimately, that request again was ignored and I had to contact a third time after 4 x $40 charges to my card. The most the company would give me back was $80 even after explaining the times I had tried to cancel before. AVOID purchasing anything from this company - they just want access to your card for those $40 charges in hopes that you'll forget to cancel them.

yvonneh28
3/11/17

If you don't want to be charged £35 you need to use the 'skip a month' option between the 1st and 5th of the month. Like most people, I forget and of course, this is what they hope for. Last month I called to complain about this and had my previous £35 'refunded' which showed as a store credit. I decided to use my 3 remaining credits each worth £35 and my £35 store credit then I would be cancelling my account.
There was a sale on the site which was two pairs of shoes/boots for £35.
I added 6 pairs to my order, which of course should have totalled £105 (3 credits) However, I noticed I was going to be charged £105. I didn't understand. I took two pairs off the order. There was then no charge so I placed the order. I then noticed 3 credits were gone plus I only had £11 left of my £35 store credit. I rang to complain. I was told that as a VIP I had to pay full price for the boots I had ordered and couldn't have the offer of two pairs for £35. I was told that if I wanted the offer my order could be cancelled and my credits returned but I would need to pay by my debit card. By doing this, however, they would still have a total of £135 of my money (3 credits and £35 store credit) In frustration I said that I wanted to cancel my account but not the order. Eventually, I was told that the remaining £11 I could have refunded to my bank account (big deal) I was told that by cancelling my account all my VIP priveledges would be stopped....What a joke!! I paid twice as much for my order just because I'm a VIP member! One of the priviledges of VIP membership is supposed to be a welcome gift. I explained that I didn't even receive that. I was told that not everyone does....it's just random!!!
It's the craziest, most frustrating site I have ever come across!!

So in short, as a VIP member you get penalised because special offers are not available to you. There are no offers of 2 pairs of shoes for £35 available to you so you pay full price for everything. And even worse than that, when you call to complain or get an explanation you get a stonewall scripted response. Absolutely Shocking!

And finally the products they supply are awful quality. Do yourself a favour. Take your £35 per month to your local shops and pick up a bargain.

mariolad
Mariola D.
3/10/17

they charged me £35 a month without me knowing and didnt pay money back!!!!!!!!!!!! discrece, never will do shopping again

kristeng13
3/9/17

Please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, think twice about starting up this disaster. I HAVE TRIED TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT TWICE AND I STILL HAVE IT. The customer service people have no idea what your saying. THEY TRAP YOU SO YOU CAN NEVER CANCEL. The customer service man told me the only way i can get a refund is if i keep my account. OMG SUCH BS!!!! Still fighting this. Such a scam!!!!!

vanessad34
3/8/17

My experience with Justfab has been nothing but miserable regarding my return/credit/refund. I ordered two purses at the beginning of February that i thought were normal size but ended up being too large for me to carry on a daily basis. So i quickly returned the items within two days. After the 2-3 week i still hadn't seen the credit back on to my acct so i started a live chat with a rep. They stated that they had received my return and i should see a credit on my acct within 24 hours. Well i didn't. So i contacted them again and that rep said that they HADN'T received my return yet and it was barely on its way to them. So i gave it another few days and my experience worsened. I kept having to contact justfab regarding my situation with no avail. We are already in the second week of March and my problem is still pending. I wanted a full refund with restocking fees and tax waived as it wouldn't make sense to charge me tax for something that i don't have. Well they agreed to waive those two fees but this whole experience has me frustrated. I will no longer be a customer!!

Tip for consumers: Be cautious of what you order so you dont have to return.

marriaa
3/8/17

Just call each month so u won't be charged each month it works all the time. The people aren't all rude. They are willing to help you out.

elainag1
3/8/17

I bought a pair of boots a month ago and one of the straps already broke off and I've only worn them 3 three times. Also I was charged $39.95 for no reason and it took me 3 days to get this refund because the lack of customer service. I sat on their hold line for 30 mins and never talked to a real person. The "live chat" with a consultant is a joke. It was an absolute nightmare trying to get that money refunded. This is a scam website and the person I talked with could barely speak English. Worst online site I've ever worked with. I would high suggest that you never buy anything from them or enter your credit or debit card information.

jonc81
3/8/17

I think, it is the one of the best site.The quality of the product is the best.The price of the product is low.I like this site very much.

sophies35
3/8/17

I ordered some shoes online and I clicked for them NOT to make me VIP however they decided to ignore that! Subsequently they charged me £35 for the (not wanted) pleasure of being a 'VIP' customer. I called them and quoted their withdrawal paragraph (which you cannot find directly through their website, i only found it when looking for the rate of the number) - https://www.justfab.co.uk/withdrawal.htm - they are now refunding me and completely cancelled my account! For anyone wanting to get refunded, I suggest you quote their policy above!

hope you all get your money back!

nancyj79
3/7/17

This is the worst company ever!! They refuse to issue a refund for a subscription started in November 2016. I unsubscribed over the phone in January 2017 after skipping December 2016. Thought it was all done...nope!!! Out of nowhere in March 2017 I'm charged again. Will be filing a complaint with BBB and whoever else I need to. They're playing childish games by letting me sit on hold forever. No music no one saying anything

aliciam63
3/7/17

Forgot to skip the month in the tiny wendow of time they allow you to do so. Got charged 39.95. SKIPPED the next month and got charged another 39.95 anyways! Thank god my bank transferred and my card is deactivated. Worst experience I've ever had with any company.

guilhermed1
3/6/17

Everything was perfect until my wifes got charged £30 for a subscription. As I was reading here a lot of people had the same "robbery" issue. This is very naughty. I hope they remove this before I report some authority.

jennh20
3/5/17

So, if you would have asked me last year or even a few months ago how I felt about this site, I would have told you that is okay...good prices...etc...

However, in the past weeks I have had A LOT of trouble with them. I was just reading through a few comments and what other people have stated below is basically TRUE! They do charge you a restocking fee if you want to return an item and if you return it and just ask for a store credit (to spend at a later date) they do not charge you this fee.....so their ad stating that it is free return is BOGUS! It's a bit of a grey area because when you do request a return for store credit they do apply it to you account without the fee but if you want your money back then you will have to pay the fee...I also wanted to note that you have to basically return all of your things at the same time or you will run out of time to make a return....I will explain what happened to me....I purchased many items for New Years Eve parties and Christmas events etc....A few of the times did not fit properly and I wanted to send some items back and then decide on some of the items a bit later on....so first of all I purchased some of the items for a super sale (which should be a good thing) and then when I wanted to return them they were going to charge me the 6 dollar fee-which for some items was practically half the purchase price-and then the representative told me that if I didn't return all the items at the same time I would run out of time and it would be impossible to return the other times because they must receive and process a return first before they will allow you to send any other items back....

BUT what really upsets me about this site is that they offer a live chat option and I swear that most of the time you try and chat with a representative that IT IS A COMPUTER GENERATED program answering you....many times the chat doesn't work or it cuts out AND THE WEIRDEST things keep on happening....like I went on this morning and all I was requesting a return for a store credit for the shoes I purchased because they ended up being too high for an event and the "representative" aka Riza started writing back that she is sorry that I have requested to cancel my membership....I wrote back and wrote back and said "No, this is not what I am requesting." Then "Riza" continued by writing back stating that I will receive an e-mail confirmation and so on.... I also find it strange that the "representatives" can't go back and find your past order or items or find your address properly.

Also, be aware that many of their sizes are really off because sometimes I wear a 3X and then other times a 1X...sometimes the size 11 fits and then another time I can't even get my foot into the shoes...and this wouldn't be an issue but due to their return policy (see above) then it does become a bit of an issue....ie-I want a pair of shoes for 39.99 and then they don't fit....then I have to spend the 39.99 another time as a credit or I have to pay a 6.00 charge just because the shoes or clothes don't fit...and think about it...if you order 5 shirts and they don't fit then you are out the $30 of restocking fees (yes it is per item!) if you want a refund and maybe find a shirt at a different store or perhaps you simply changed your mind....or you are stuck with a store credit that works only for this store....

nikkim31
3/5/17

This site takes money from your account once you sign up to it then when you come
To spend YOUR money it doesn't let you. When I finally did get an order after complaining many times the quality was crap and the shoes too small! Be ware of this site. I have asked many times for my money back and for them to cancel my account but so far no luck at all!

94 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the JustFab staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question