Review of JustFab

El Segundo, CA, USA
Tel: 1-866-337-0906

rachelm168
10/12/17

The website is the hardest thing to navigate and I'm 20 years old; I've been navigating websites since I could talk. They make it so difficult to cancel or skip a month so that they can steal your money right from under your nose. Calling to cancel is an awful experience with awful customer service, they try and talk to you for HOURS. I hate justfab.

angelicam17
10/10/17

Before the first of the month I made it my point to be sure that i cancelled this membership after i purchase my first pair of booties. Lo and behold I just checked my banking app and was charged the $39. I promptly called the customer service number only to be treated by an automated system that was able to refund my money. However I wanted to be sure that I would be charged again so I waited on the line to speak to an actual person. Once this women gets on the line I let her know that I had deactivated my account online and she proceeds to tell me that she doesn't know how I did that and that the only way to cancel was over the phone. However I log in to justfab and it says right at the top that this is an inactive account. I did not appreciate the fact that she kept trying to tell me she didn't know what i was talking about. If you don't know the options the website displays you have no business being in customer service. Lastly I let her know that I need the account to be cancelled and she tries to offer me store credit. Uhh no thank you! Awful and misleading company.

ec211
10/10/17

You will be automatically entered into a $39.99 per month subscription and they won't let you take your credit card info off the account. It automatically saves your info. They give no option nor explanation to let you know this is what they are doing. Then if you want to cancel the subscription, they will cancel your order and charge 5.95 return fee. The prices before the sale price doesnt look worth it at all. The sale prices are not worth an almost $40 per month fee.

chloec31
10/6/17

Signed up to the 'VIP club' to get the discount, thinking it'd be okay and that I could cancel the subscription after I'd completed my order. Nope! Even though their FAQ page says that you're free to cancel at any time, they certainly don't make it easy. Can't do it online, you have to call them (which costs you!) and stay on the phone for 20 minutes whilst they faff around trying to convince you to stay. Nightmare! Resorted to blocking them from my PayPal account. Will never do business with them again.

angelinay2
10/5/17

I signed up for a JustFab membership and had 2 pairs of shoes sent to me. Both pairs were WAY TOO SMALL and did not fit according to US sizing chart. I returned both pairs got instore credit. Only to find out they charged me a restocking fee on both pairs of shoes!! So I am out about ten bucks. So decided to eat the fee and order a dress since JustFab shoes were not gonna work for me. Ordered the dress and it was HORRIBLE! The fit was super tight in the breasts and waist, but HUGE in the hips. So I called customer care to request a refund and they told me that was not possible. I argued and was able to get a refund minus another restocking fee, and it would need to be processed via check mailed to my home address and is going to take 6-8 weeks to process. CRAZY! DO NOT ORDER OR SIGN UP FOR JUSTFAB.... TOTAL RIP OFF.

juneh43
10/4/17

I never got the money you took out of my account, after I turned you in to the bbb, you said that you would give me my money back...ITS BEEN A YEAR

lindseym55
10/4/17

"I know you have to go through all this advertising, but can you just save that and cancel my account." I was off the phone with them in less than 6 minutes.

nashm4
10/4/17

Are in with JustFab what's the worst thing I have ever done I didn't receive my items they told me 14 days ago I will receive my money back I still haven't received my money back they are nothing but a big disappointment

nancyl153
10/1/17

Never received refund s for returned items & trying to cancel so called membership Causes Severe Migraine..!!

leahp26
9/30/17

I haven't even purchased anything because EVERYTIME I go on the site to see if anythings restocked, it's not. They never have ANY sizes available and its beyond frustrating. Therefor I will continue to do my shoe shopping elsewhere. This site is a waste of time.

heatherd86
9/30/17

The receipt that came with the items stated returns and exchanged are free and easy. However, if you return your items for a refund you lose any associated credits. Fine, no problem. Couldn't process the return on line so of course I had to call. Turns out they charge a restock fee of $5.95 per item, stated nowhere on the receipt or when ordering. I asked the agent why it's not visible, he said I need to read the terms of service. False advertising when they say returns are free and easy because they are not easy and they get you on the back end. Don't believe the hype, they suck. I'll never order from them again.

katiep62
9/29/17

Honestly, they're not all that bad. Before ordering, I did a ton of research and internet surfing and read as many reviews as possible. Yes, this is a subscription service. I had read many reviews of customer service representatives hanging up or not replying when a member asked to cancel their account.

I had my eye on two super cute pairs of booties. My plan was to wait for the 2 for $24 sale to pop up, order the two pairs, then turn around and cancel my account.

First, I called my credit card company and asked that if they refused to cancel my account, if I could cancel or change my credit card number, to avoid any additional $39.95 charges. My bank representative assured me that I could change my credit card number if they refused to cancel and they would no longer be able to charge to my credit account.

I went ahead and ordered the two pairs. One pair was not in stock in my size so they sent the other pair anyways. I called right away and asked if they could substitute another pair. They assured me that I would not be charged any extra, but ended up charging me an extra $8 to substitute and ship the new pair. I didn't complain, I was still buying two pairs for $40 with tax and shipping (way cheaper than I'd be able to find anywhere else).

I waited about a week after the shoes were delivered in the mail and logged into the online chat. When logging in to the online chat, instead of putting "I'd like to cancel my account" into the box that asks what you'd like to chat about, I put "my previous order" (to make sure they didn't make me wait a long time or ignore me completely).

A customer service representative logged in within a minute. I told her I wished to cancel my account and she asked for my reasoning. I explained that I was overcharged, was unhappy with the service and wished to cancel. She offered to refund me the $10, if I stayed a member but told her I was firm on cancelling. She cancelled my account and I received the cancellation email within seconds. I will be keeping an eye on my credit card for any additional charges.

They're not all that bad. Just so your research and know what you're getting into before you sign up.

sarahk144
9/24/17

After several months of ordering cute shoes, I decided that I wanted to cancel my membership. I don't necessarily think JustFab provides a bad product - the styles are on trend, they ship relatively quickly, and while not always being the best quality, it's decent for the price.

However, when the time finally came around to cancel my VIP membership (it had been about four months, and I hadn't used any credits - the money was just going to waste), I found it EXTREMELY difficult to cancel my membership and impossible to get a refund for those unused credits. You can't cancel your membership online, forcing users to call in or online chat and wait on hold for a while. Then, before finally confirming they will cancel your order, the JustFab representative will ask you multiple times "Are you sure?" - Obviously, why else would I waste my time calling?

THEN I find out that they are unable to refund my unused credits, and they can only be used for a purchase. If this had been made clear to me in the beginning, I wouldn't have signed up or I would have made sure to skip more months so my money wasn't wasted. So, now that I have canceled my membership and realized that I still have $160 worth in credits to use, I decide to do one last order to use them up. Lo and behold, when I go to check out, the only way to use those credits is to sign back up for the VIP Membership! A total trap and complete waste of money - and a very frustrating buying process.

I wouldn't be so irritated if they had made all of those contingencies clear from the moment you sign up - the fact that you can't get your credits refunded isn't even in the FAQs on their website! And yes, for those of you reviewers who claim "you should have read the terms & services of the membership more carefully" - I skimmed it like everyone does and didn't understand half the legal jargon. Key facts about the membership should be listed on the website in clear & concise terminology that everyone can understand without having to Google legal jargon.

So I had to renew my membership to use those credits (I didn't want my money to go to waste) and I am going to cancel once I receive this order, before they can suck any more money out of me. Absolute scam.

lisad246
9/24/17

As per previous reviews - they have been taking monies from account and have not refunded my account.... I have spoken to around 5/6 people who must have the same script in front of them and two months still no refund!!!... they are an absolute joke.... steer clear people!

kristyns3
9/22/17

I was so enticed when I saw my first pair of boots would be $10. In my excitement of saving a ton of money on cute boots, I didn't care that the receipt that was emailed to me didn't have prices on it, I figured they were an honest business. UH NOPE!!!
My bank account was charged over $70 for those $10 boots. THEN when I asked about returning them (since I could find boots just as cute on Amazon for cheaper) they said I had to pay a $6 re-stocking fee!!!!!!!! WHAT A SCAM!!!!!!!

amandas260
9/22/17

I called last night to cancel my VIP membership that i had no clue i signed up for until they charged my account $39.95 three consecutive months! The

julieb243
9/21/17

I purchased two items and returned them now two weeks after receiving them back they have not returned the money I will never buy from these people again

williamd157
9/18/17

Great product. Fantastic customer service. Buy it its recomended!!! Great sound. Great picture quality. Follow unstructions to set up and you can not go wrong. Best present I ever got.

anishay
9/17/17

I did the first pair 10$ deal and got signed up for a subscription. I did not realize I was on any auto pay. $200 later I realized what i signed up for. I chalked that up as my mistake and tried to use the credit for shoes. Turned out you can only use one $40 credit at a time. So if a pair of shoes is 23$ and i dont want to buy anything else, that $16 is lost. If I want to buy a pair of shoes that cost $47 I have to pay the $7 difference. Its absurd. Also if there is a promotion I cannot use MY MONEY I ALREADY GAVE THEM for the promotional deal. I have to give them more money to get the sale price. Complete scam.

katiel58
9/16/17

I ordered my shoes and had a problem with my mailing adress so I contacted customer service, it look them a week to get back to me and they did nothing I again tried to contact them and have yet to here from them I have still not received my order. I am extremely unhappy with this company and advise you to shop elsewhere!

Tip for consumers: Don't use

kayleec10
9/14/17

They will cancel your order or up charge you if you cancel your membership on your first pair of shoes. And they will double charge your account, 'To make sure your card works' like what the hecl is that? DONT FALL FOR IT!

sharonv26
9/14/17

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

BEWARE CONSUMERS, BEWARE, nice shoes, yeah, up to date and stylish, yeah,
canceled my account five months later realise that Justfab is still denoting my account, so I call customer service, they say we are so sorry, we will return it, a month later they say opps,agsin lets tske care of that while you are on thw phone, a week later, oh we are sure it was returned, we will send a code, a bank approval code. that will only take an hour or so.
go ahead and ask to speak to someone that is manager or above it will not happen, there is an excuse, for everything

amyc181
9/14/17

so i got the first pair of shoes for 10 dollars deal, a few weeks later it takes 48 dollars off my card! I REALLY NEEDED THAT MONEY. UGH never using this site again, zero stars. (Still didnt get the shoes)

anniep30
9/11/17

I saw the ad for "First Pair Only $10". Went to go buy a pair because yes that is a good deal but I put my card info in and it automatically charged me $16.94 and DIDNT EVEN BUY THE BOOTS! I called (of course the customer service is over seas) and she told me that the charge is "just to verify your card".. um what?? "The charge is refunded after 48 hours." I will not be shopping with them ever. Also you automatically sign up for the VIP membership and NOWHERE does it tell you how much that is going to be. Terrible business. 0 stars.

breannad7
9/10/17

You want an HONEST review? Here it is. Before you sign up to anything, it is wise to read up the conditions and terms of ANY membership (common sense). I did that well before actually signing up for my membership. Going into it I was aware that I would be charged $40 (USD I believe) each month IF I didn't just opt out between the 1st-5th day of each month (in Canada, idk if it's different for different countries). You have the option to just skip the month and you can do this as long as you want, just remember those days than you won't have unexpected charges. I see a lot of the reviews complaining about this, but if you actually read the conditions of membership there isn't a problem.
Side note, I love the shoes. I've bought anywhere from $60-120 on shoes in Canada and it's just crazy. Justfab actually gives me good quality shoes for the price (with conversion to USD) and I love them. So many styles to choose from, and if you are prepared to mail them back for exchanges within the dates outlined in the conditions, there is literally no problem.
I have no idea why all these comments are so revved, if it's not for you it's just not for you... but I love my shoes. I only order my shoes from just fab, and I get compliments on them almost daily. Food for thought... READ THE CONDITIONS.

Helpful answer

They take out every month. You can skip any and all months just have to remember to do it. 1-866-337-0906 This is the number I was given if ever needing to cancel or have questions.

By Rachelle F. on 8/3/16
Helpful answer

From the 1st to the 5th of every month, you can go to "Your Boutique" and FOR THOSE DAYS ONLY you can click on the SKIP button and skip the month. You can do this as long as you like. OR just call Customer service and cancel. I've never had any problems. They've been impressively helpful. As for the money already, either talk to Customer Service or use it toward a purchase.....some fun boots maybe? If you can't find the SKIP button, call Customer Service.

By Marla G. on 12/6/15
Helpful answer

Then sweety, I would cancel your card asap and call your bank for fraudulent charges. The bank will move forward with an investigation of fraud and if I am correct, and if your bank is not a bunch of !&$&?, then they will credit your account. However make sure you have your cancellation VIP membership number handy, the exact date you canceled your VIP membership, the verification number of your cancellation that justfab gave you, and your card number justfab has linked to your old VIP membership, and lastly, FLAG ANY CHARGES justfab makes on your account with date stamps. I know it seems like a lot of hoop jumping, but this is what your bank will ask you when they send you to the fraud department, and they will ask you all of the above. I wish you the best of luck!

By Rachel W. on 8/1/15
Helpful answer

Make a Small Claims Court claim online. That's how I got my money back..

By Aleksandra K. on 12/14/15
Helpful answer

I called in to cancel my account and the man on the phone told me it was canceled. I have been reading these reviews about employees lying so I went on the website to check. He did not explain to me that the phone call doesn't cancel the membership, just unlocks the option. So my answer to you is 1. Go to your account. 2. Click cancel. 3. State reason why and 4. Submit it. You should receive an email saying you will no longer be charged. Of course you cannot trust these people so for extra protection I suggest you call your bank, request these payments be blocked, and it they ask provide proof that you canceled. Good luck.

By Jessica B. on 7/22/16
Helpful answer

I don't know any of these answers. Call your credit card people.

By joanne G. on 8/25/13
Helpful answer

You have to skip it between the 1st & the 5th of the month, NOT before.. If you skip before the 1st, you will still be charged!

By Ashley M. on 7/22/15

All my shoes have been true to size I own 15 pairs or more lol

By Kelsey S. on 12/22/15
Helpful answer

your bank should be able to get your money back

By marie c. on 6/26/15
Helpful answer

The number on their site is 866 337-0906. But be warned. The customer service staff sound and go on like air heads ("oh, i'm sorry you want to cancel.." blah blah, just cancel the account!!!!!) trying to stall you and run up your phone bill, I assume in the hope that you will hang up. I got "cut off" from them the first time I tried to cancel my account. Once you get through to someone make it clear that you want to cancel and don't let them veer the conversation in any other way until they cancel it and ask them for a confirmation of same. I hope you get it sorted soon. It can be quite stressful (it's happened to me too). Best of luck with it, and stick to your guns!!

By Sarah M. on 8/3/16
Questions? Get answers from the JustFab staff and other customers.

10 Photos for JustFab