Review of ILoveYourAccent

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

warrenb31
4/13/17

This site has been my saving grace! I have met the most wonderful man in Doncaster England. Ruddy cheeks and a beer belly but he's mine. Love you Neil!

haileyc7
4/6/17

We are happy , I was on the site for about 6 months before I found someone special, guess anything worth while takes time.

hollye11
4/3/17

Joined with no real expectations as I have tried another well known site with zero luck. Started chatting with a man from Florida who just happened to be coming to the UK. Met for lunch in Manchester, then went to visit him in West Palm Beach, Florida. Fast forward...we are now engaged! This site has changed my life and my opinion of online dating. Thanks to I love your accent!

austinr24
4/3/17

My experience has been eye opening but positive. I think i might be in love.
Could not have happened at a better p9int in my life.
Looking good so far.

aarona67
3/29/17

Found my fiancé on here
Can't understand her most of the time but can't imagine my life without her either.
Worked for us
Cheers I Love Your Accent

juliaw57
3/28/17

I have been on here for about 2 months abf have talked with some awesome people from the UK and Spain.
I am not a fan of guys who want to Skype immediately, but have done after a while when I feel comfortable.
I have used other well known sites but they are expensive and full of scam artists trying to get you to send money. No one has tried to scam me on here. I guess you have to give it time, so if my Prince rides up and rescues me I will make sure to update this lol.

sarahh237
3/27/17

Does anyone ever receive an email? I joined a few weeks ago and absolutely nothing. Think it's time to give up on dating sites!

jessicap134
3/24/17

Joined on a whim, did a random search and sent a few messages, within a week I was messaging a guy from Yorkshire England. We chatted a little and after a while we FaceTimed and he still liked me! Lol. Long story short, we have met in person and want to take it further. I have high hopes for us and would like to thank ILYA for helping us get together.

wealdstonef
3/19/17

The World of dating goes transatlantic. Whether you managed to meet someone or not is not the point though. There are no guarantees when it comes to love and that includes the anglo-American scene. I'm purely rating the ethics of the website here. Am certainly well travelled and have a gut instinct for most things. So I'd say that whilst the majority of conversations initiated were genuine, a few others were clearly fakes trying to lure you into subscriptions. A simple test is to offer a direct form of contact, ie Skpe, email or whatsapp. Some will contact you, others will simply disappear. Its well known that the vast majority of genuine ads will happily trade numbers or email asap. Another well known anglo-American dating site does not suffer from the same problem as this one. However, that aside.....there is a decent chance you will certainly get the chance to converse with genuine people. So it gets a reasonable score.

katherineh38
2/26/17

I joined this site just over a year ago now, found it really simple to sign up & within hours I started getting messages. Decent messages to, not the sleazy type you get from some dating sites. I Started chatting to this wonderful man in America at first a little bit skeptical but after several convos, face times we started to fall in love. 6 months later he'd flown to the UK & since then we've been going back & forth seeing each other! He proposed on Valentine's Day & we plan to marry & me relocate to America by the end of the year! So a huge thank you to the I love your accent team, dating sites can work & this is such a multicultural way of dating! Love it!!! Thank you so much :) :) :)

heleny18
2/18/17

There isn't an option on the site to cancel your subscription!!!! Why???
This makes me feel very unsure about the site and now after sending emails I've not had any reply. What is going on? Is it a scam? Can someone please assist.

mariea59
2/12/17

OK so I was looking or a tall British guy with a Hugh Grant accent.
What I got was a 5ft 9 guy with an accent straight out of Leeds!
This man is the love of my life, we got married in November last year and life is awesome. Pity about LUFC though lol
Cannot say enough about how happy we are.

kerryj12
2/9/17

My life has changed for the better
Thanks Iloveyouraccent
Brtr hubby teaching me new words lol
Best $30 I ever spent/

rua108
1/25/17

Horrible customer service , rude and incompetent! If you do complain they lock your account and change your password so you can't log in., beware!!!!

malloryw4
1/24/17

Don't believe the bad reviews, met my soul mate on here all the way from
Bristol England!

fionaf11
12/22/16

I can't understand the bad reviews here, it worked for me. Sure there a are couple fake profiles as there are in all sites but I found a winner, (hope he feels the same)
Thank you iloveyouraccent. 2017 is going to be awesome.

taylorh43
11/15/16

Decided to give this a go after a few years of being single. After a couple of weeks' great guy reached out to me and we seemed to have clicked.Its early days but I am excited to see where it goes. I live in the US and he lives in Ireland. We would not found each other if not for this web site. Thank you iloveyouraccent.com

scotts217
11/12/16

I joined and after a month or so decided it wasn't for me so tried to cancel but there's no place on the site to do that. I have emailed them 3 times through the "contact us" asking for my subscription to be stopped, with no response and they continue to charge my account. This is a big ripoff. My next step is Better Business Bureau.

chriss457
Chris S.
10/19/16

UPDATED: This is the email string as of 10/19/2016..so far. I guess this review site doesn't post additional conversations except the initial review and initial response:

You canceled your payments as we asked, you have not been overcharged and you have only been a member for a few weeks. To make sweeping statements that we are awful and everyone is a fake is untrue and unfair. Chris S wrote: ------------------------- *, I am talking about the response after your initial reply regarding what I was told by PayPal. I still haven't received any response in help resolving the issue I had. I finally got it taken care of myself after research and calls back to PayPal. With regard to quite a few messages I have received. Correct, I have and I've responded and my opinion is of: It seems very suspect that a reply comes in a week after being sent on more than one occasion and by more than one person. I don't need you replying with 'everyone responds at different times, blah blah'. I understand that. I'm just stating my opinion on what I've experienced on your site. That's all. I have a right to state my opinion and you have a right to state yours. We can just agree to disagree.

I don't hide behind anything. My name is right there. Furthermore, I write positive reviews when I'm happy with a service. I most recently did this regarding a service I purchased a few months ago. I praised them not only a prominent review site but their Facebook page as well. I'm sorry that your customers don't do that for you. Like I said, I will be happy to change my review depending on the rest of my experience. *wrote: ------------------------- Chris, we want everyone to be happy but.......... we have no control over when/if a member responds. Unfortunately, unlike a restaurant review when someone has enjoyed a good meal and they jump on a review site to rave about how wonderful the food was... people tend to only review a dating site when things are not working for them. If you knew how many emails we receive about people getting together and thanking us, yet when asked to write a review for us they shy away or become very private and of course we must respect their privacy. Also, when someone feels the need to write a bad review they should state their name and stand by it, not hide behind a pseudonym as many do. I hope you find happiness and enjoy the rest of your time on the site. Chris S wrote: ------------------------- Also, if, in my remaining time with your site my experience changes, then I will be more than happy to update my review.

I joined the site even after reading the reviews. I signed up for 3 months. Paid via PayPal. After a while I realized this site is full of fake profiles so I emailed them about cancelling my account and got a response from Hannah saying I need to cancel it through PayPal. After speaking to paypal, the rep said they should be handling the cancellation of services. I emailed * back and to this day still haven't received a response. It took a bit of doing but I got paypal to cancel the renewing service. I'm still paid up for the 3 months. You know the profiles are fake when they only have one picture up and they don't respond to each of your replies for a week or longer. I'm playing around on there 'talking' to one or two who I HIGHLY suspect are just staff to see what happens when it gets closer to my renewal date. It's more of a game now at this point which is to bad because the idea is a good one but this site and the people who are running it in Florida are rubbish.

*Personal information redacted by admin

michellys
9/20/16

I received messages from a fake profile after I canceled my account. I took the bait and re-subscribed, only to realize the man messaging me was really a fake profile. This is hurtful and embarrassing. Likely a staff member.

reeceg8
6/21/16

I got married on June 9 so I cannot say anything but great stuff about this site.

luanns3
6/9/16

I agree that there are not so many members as other sites but look at the reviews for Match and Eharmony!
I like it on Iloveyouraccent, don't think there are many fakes or at least I have been lucky enough to avoid them. What worries me about new sites is how they have so many members when no one has ever heard of them.
Worth thinking about

hayleyl4
5/18/16

I read all of the reviews and thought I'd do a bit of investigating for a blog I'm writing (plus I'm single and love American accents, win win!). I think the site has loads of potential but unfortunately there aren't many members. What people have to remember is that's is a very niche thing to be looking for so you won't have hundreds of potential matches like on Okcupid etc. it's a shame it isn't more popular as it is could be great. Maybe if it wasn't a chargeable service to message and flirt and they relied on advertising like other sites for revenue they'd be more popular, or giving a few months free or heavily discounted to bolster the numbers a bit in its early stages. It is a great idea and hopefully it will pick up a bit

as3309
2/1/16

I agree with most of the reviews of this site - I can't prove it, but I believe there are a lot of fake profiles used to draw people in. I was even writing back and forth with a couple of men who said they were very interested and wanted my phone number, especially right before my subscription was to be renewed. Then the letters stopped and the ones I sent sat unopened. You also get "flirts" from people - so you write to them - and they don't write back. Probably staff. And yes, the positive reviews here are mostly sent all in the same day. It's too bad, it would be a good idea to have a site that caters to across the pond, but beware of this one. Some people have no conscience and think its fun to play on other's hopes.

veroniquem
1/19/16

When I opened a account I had issues from the start whereby my location was showing as US not UK. When I asked for this to be fixed on more than 3 occasions with a promise from customer service they were looking into it the issue was never fixed. I was charged for a service that was never provided. After giving up ever getting help from customer service I tried to delete my account but there was no obvious place to do so.

I emailed customer service and my exact wording 'I want to delete my account. But as expected your help page was just as useless as the service!' received a disgusting email back with racist comments:

"From: I love your accent <admin@iloveyouraccent.com>
To: ...
Sent: Friday, 30 September 2011, 19:47
Subject: Re: Delete my account

You might get results talking to the Bloody Caffers like that, but to get our help, you will need to change your attitude. You might want to change that unfortunate pic on your Facebook profile, we can see why you have not had any luck.

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ILoveYourAccent staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
laviniai
Lavinia I.
on 2/22/17
Answer
sarad21
Hannah d. [ILoveYourAccent Rep]
A: Hi, we did send you an email earlier today, please check your spam filter.
on 2/22/17
on 11/9/16
Answer
sarad21
Hannah d. [ILoveYourAccent Rep]
A: Hello Catherine, we have no financial info for any member but please email us directly and we can assist you. You have already made 2 claims against us one for each time you joined.
on 11/10/16