US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

reeceg8
6/21/16

I got married on June 9 so I cannot say anything but great stuff about this site.

luanns3
6/9/16

I agree that there are not so many members as other sites but look at the reviews for Match and Eharmony!
I like it on Iloveyouraccent, don't think there are many fakes or at least I have been lucky enough to avoid them. What worries me about new sites is how they have so many members when no one has ever heard of them.
Worth thinking about

hayleyl4
5/18/16

I read all of the reviews and thought I'd do a bit of investigating for a blog I'm writing (plus I'm single and love American accents, win win!). I think the site has loads of potential but unfortunately there aren't many members. What people have to remember is that's is a very niche thing to be looking for so you won't have hundreds of potential matches like on Okcupid etc. it's a shame it isn't more popular as it is could be great. Maybe if it wasn't a chargeable service to message and flirt and they relied on advertising like other sites for revenue they'd be more popular, or giving a few months free or heavily discounted to bolster the numbers a bit in its early stages. It is a great idea and hopefully it will pick up a bit

as3309
2/1/16

I agree with most of the reviews of this site - I can't prove it, but I believe there are a lot of fake profiles used to draw people in. I was even writing back and forth with a couple of men who said they were very interested and wanted my phone number, especially right before my subscription was to be renewed. Then the letters stopped and the ones I sent sat unopened. You also get "flirts" from people - so you write to them - and they don't write back. Probably staff. And yes, the positive reviews here are mostly sent all in the same day. It's too bad, it would be a good idea to have a site that caters to across the pond, but beware of this one. Some people have no conscience and think its fun to play on other's hopes.

veroniquem
1/19/16

When I opened a account I had issues from the start whereby my location was showing as US not UK. When I asked for this to be fixed on more than 3 occasions with a promise from customer service they were looking into it the issue was never fixed. I was charged for a service that was never provided. After giving up ever getting help from customer service I tried to delete my account but there was no obvious place to do so.

I emailed customer service and my exact wording 'I want to delete my account. But as expected your help page was just as useless as the service!' received a disgusting email back with racist comments:

"From: I love your accent <admin@iloveyouraccent.com>
To: ...
Sent: Friday, 30 September 2011, 19:47
Subject: Re: Delete my account

You might get results talking to the Bloody Caffers like that, but to get our help, you will need to change your attitude. You might want to change that unfortunate pic on your Facebook profile, we can see why you have not had any luck.

elizabeths113
12/19/15

I signed up and after a month wanted to call it quits. I emailed the admin because I could find no way to cancel my subscription myself. I never received a response and was charged for another month. I then hid my profile, thinking this would stop the payments (don't know why I thought that). I was charged AGAIN. I sent another email and this time got a nasty reply "We told you before to stop the payments through paypal." Checked my email three times and no reply was ever received. I found out how to cancel future payments through paypal and then my account was immediately back in Standard status (no messaging, etc) but I had already been charged for the month. The rudest customer service I have ever dealt with as they insisted that they responded to me even though I sent them the email thread of no reply. Still waiting for a refund for this month since I have no access to Premium member features. BEWARE!

gradyr4
11/30/15

In the short time that I have been on the site, I've made several connections with real women here in my area and have had a couple of meetings in person which turned out great!. The layout of the website is refreshing and navigating through the member profiles is fun and user friendly..100% recommend and well worth the membership!!!

lauraj43
11/28/15

I signed up, and not only did they charge me double for 3 months, now they WILL NOT STOP TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT! I emailed them in June 2015 to cancel my subscription and received a reply from Lola that she would forward this to accounts immediately. I was charged again in August 2015. I emailed again and was reassured that it would be handled. It is now NOVEMBER AND I'VE BEEN CHARGED AGAIN!!! Do not send these people your money - ever!!! If anyone knows how to cancel my subscription, please let me know - there is NO PLACE on their website to do that!!!!

lennyj5
10/15/15

The site worked for us.Nicer people on here than some hook up sites. Just wanted to ad my opinion for what it's worth and good luck.

graces43
9/24/15

I am so happy with I love your accent. I have finally meet someone who actually wants a proper relationship and not just an ego boost or casual hook up.

ginaf13
9/19/15

3 months and 2 meetings . One was a waste of time and the other is my soul mate hopefully . Early days and a lot of weird hours so we can talk.
I was going to give it 6 months but looks like I might have found my Prince Charming early.

rhettd2
9/13/15

I asked I loveyouraccent for a refund as I am retired Met Police Pensioner and was contacted by a woman earning more than 100k a year, this was to sucker me into joining.
I asked for a refund politely and was immediately insulted and told I was a scammer.

I sent the 20 year old a pleasant message saying I am too old but your profile is great, If either of the two profiles exist and I doubt it I feel had.

It is very unprofessional of the site admin to reveal my message in public, I am contacting the Florida Attorney general about this.

I am the one who paid money and feel cheated. Lola or whoever offered to send my messages to The Daily Telegraph, a national newspaper, I said I stand by what I said.

I am the one who paid money, and I am the scammer. As I retired from Scotland Yard I leave the readers to judge.

Less than one star.

jamesm305
8/21/15

Reading the reviews here makes me wonder how I managed to make it work. Average guy here looking for not so average girl. I found her in Newcastle England . We have been together 3 months and I hope we make it work . Thank you I love your accent

darrenm22
8/10/15

I was only on there for 2 months and met someone, not just someone but someone real and nice. Its all about how you approach it, I was giving it a 5 star but somehow it went to 4! Match was a waste of time and so was EHarmony for me anyway.

darrenm23
8/10/15

I like this website, I joined back when it first started and there were just a handful of members. People slowly began to join but it took time. What I find very odd is when a brand new dating site bursts into the web with a million members, how did that happen, how do you get members when no one has heard of the site? My guess is that they buy them or are part of a site sharing set up.
This site does not have as many members as some do but I think it's genuine aside from the occasional African scammer that slips through. Look at the reviews for every dating site, they are all the same, at least here people are looking for the same thing.
When I was on match I was getting flirts from girls who had not even looked at my profile.:(((
I was in a relationship with a girl I met here for almost 2 years before you all think I am a loser.
Good luck

karenr65
7/28/15

I was a paying member for quite a while & I just didn't find the quality guys on there -- AT ALL. I took a two-year break & forgot what crap it was & paid AGAIN. Within 24 hours, I asked if I could just get a refund & then I stopped getting communication from the admins. So disappointing because this COULD have been a great idea.

moniquen3
7/26/15

Do not sign up for this site, definitely do not give them ANY of your money. I've filed with the BBB of FL, where Rochelle Peachey and her scamming husband are located. The profiles? Fake. The messages and flirts you receive the first two days of signing up? Staff. My bank had to block access from these people just to stop them from taking money after I asked them to cancel. It's insane. There's even a Twitter account that tells you how to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau of FL and even gives you the mailing address. Good luck.

pc55
6/7/15

Hi, it's been 3 days since I emailed admin@iloveyouraccent.com regarding the website issue of my login not working and I still have not received a response. I even included a screenshot of the error message. I figure there is a problem with the website. Today I tried the button that sends you your username and password if you forget and it gave an error that my email address was not registered. My profile and photo is still up there if you search. I am assuming there is something wrong with the website code. Nobody has bothered to contact me back. Perhaps this is just a one man show and the owner is on vacation?

gc27
5/23/15

I recently joined the site and became dubious straight away due to the poor quality pictures on some of the profiles and the speed of which people took a shine to me.

I proceeded to test things out by winking several users who were standard members. Amazingly, within minutes, these users turned premium and messaged me. The users are constantly online it seems which makes it even more unbelievable. They are clearly taking advantage of people looking for love. It is a disgrace and must be stopped.

joj51
4/19/15

please report immediately this site to national fraud & cyber crime center..ive started the reports for my own account i just need a bit more support from a few more people. i will also make a page on the social media so every one can know about them. thank you to everyone.

sharonm80
3/26/15

In response to Sara d, if that's even your name. I had several responses immediately after signing up and when I responded to them did not hear from any again, I have experience with dating sites and this just does not happen. I have also noticed how several positive reviews are always left on the same day - what are the chances of that? So OBVIOUSLY fake. You have responded to one gentleman and revealed personal information about his sexual preferences here! Unbelievable.

Tip for consumers: Check out older positive reviews left here and see they are all left on the same date, bit of an extreme coincidence!

powerss
11/23/14

Like all dating websites there are a few African scammers but they are easy to spot.
My time on this site was so so initially but after a month of chatting to various females I finally found the one, well she found me to be truthful.
My advice or tip would be to give it at least 2 months of your time and wink at everyone who you like the look of, some will answer some might not.
Anyone who called me Dearly beloved was deleted immediately lol
I am happy because I found what I was looking for, feel free to email me .
Powers.

powsilverton@gmx.com

Tip for consumers: Give it a chance....dont give up

lauriev3
10/20/14

Had been playing on this site for a few months and I just connected with someone who seems to be the one....it's early days but fingers crossed. I had fun on this site. Thank you .

Tip for consumers: Be specific.

dees34
10/14/14

I never write reviews! But i felt obligated after i found my beautiful Irish princess on this site! After just 2 weeks of navigating through the site, browsing profiles and chatting back and forth with a variety of European women, i finally found a connection with a young lady who im planning to meet in January. Ive had bad experiences with christian mingle and a couple of other sites but I love your accent is one i would certainly recommend!

joshuas51
10/13/14

Most profiles are fake. I got a lot of emails until I signed up and paid to read them. Then the people stopped replying. The fake profikes wouldn't share any outside contact info. I emailed to cancel my account as I can't find a way to do it online (I have canceled via paypal) and magically I started getting emails again from people all apologizing for taking so long to reply. These replies were generic and you could tell they didn't read my emails.

Total scam for the most part. Some people may actually find someone else who is a real member of the site but it is not likely. I will look elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ILoveYourAccent staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
10/24/15
Answer
sarad21
A: No problems here, please email us directly so we can help
10/24/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
LoadingLoading...
Questions? Get answers from the ILoveYourAccent staff and other customers.

Similar Pages