Review of HauteLook

Tel: 1-888-547-8438
membercare@hautelook.com

jayd210
4/14/16

A wrist watch I bought on there broke within a year. But they only can do returns for 90 days. I don't want to return. I want a functioning wrist watch. Nothing was done about it

rachaelg2
4/10/16

Sometimes you can find good deals, but 75% (3 out of 4) of my orders have either arrived with missing items or one a pair of sandals that broke after being worn 5 times. I will say that their customer service has been very good every time. This most recent order was just the last straw because I can't be running to Nordstrom Rack (which is not even in my city) to return stuff all the time.

kyliev2
4/5/16

I've never had an issue with Hautelook and receive things in a timely manner. I also love that I can return anything I buy from their site to Nordstrom Rack.

nicoleg53
3/21/16

Waited almost 3 weeks for my home décor items. After following up with the Hautelook customer service (after no notice from them) twice, only half of my order arrived. After 2 weeks of chasing Hautelook for the remaining portion of my order I was advised the goods will NOT be delivered since they were overcommitted from the vendor and I would not be receiving my goods. I am still waiting on my card to be refunded - who knows how long that will take..

Safe to say I will NEVER be ordering from Hautelook again.

cecec2
3/14/16

I've been using Hautelook since 2010 and I have to say that the quality of products and prices used to be much much better. You can still find some fashionable steals, just not as great and economic as they used to be. I find their customer service great! I've never had problems with returns and refunds, but I have to say they are rather slow on the shipping and delivery department. I have been compensated for delayed deliveries several times, but I also had to cancel orders quite a few times because of delays.

UPDATE
26/12/2016
I decided to go back to Hautelook after a couple of years and the whole experience was totally horrible. Very unprofessional! One of the items I had ordered did not ship with all my other items, and this was definitely not the first time. I initially got an email reassuring me that my item would ship soon... a couple of weeks later, while I was on chat being reassured by a sales representative that there is no way I would not be getting my item, I received an email telling me that they had more orders than items and I would not be receiving my item. I got so upset I decided to send everything back. I printed the shipping label and sent everything back. The tracking number was useless; it showed that they had received my return but when I contacted them they said that that was not the actual tracking number and gave me another number. Three weeks later I contacted them again. They said they had just received the items and it would take another week or so before they could refund me. Seriously? Hundreds of $$ out of my account for about two months and crappy service!!! What can I say? I thought they could not get any worse but apparently I was wrong!! It's really really sad; they started out so great but had turned into one of the most stressful sites to shop at ... What a shame!!

shiorih
3/8/16

I had been waiting for my orders for over a month. then they cancelled my order because they selled more than they got. In this morning, 20 items were cancelled. They are from different orders in Jan. one of them is the earliest one I purchased. the staff had no rule to distribute their orders. I got some from the latter purchase. but my earlise order was not shipped at all.
I have never seen this kind of website before.

emilyg46
3/2/16

I ordered two items from the HauteLook sale. The order confirmation informed me it would take 2-3 weeks for my items to ship. After waiting over a 4.5 weeks and not receiving any type of communication from HauteLook or Nordstrom Rack, I sent an email inquiring about the state of my order. Only then was I informed that they were unable to fulfill any of my order. They refunded the money for the order back to my account and gave me a $20 credit to use on my next purchase. This attempt at customer service was certainly "too little too late." In my opinion, it is a very poor business model to not have exact knowledge of how many items are available before a sale begins. I will not be shopping at HauteLook or Nordstrom Rack in the future.

krystalb7
2/28/16

I ordered my 2 item on Jan 20....still waiting to receive them. It said it would ship in 2 -3 weeks and when it didn't come, I contacted customer service.. They said it would ship out the next business day....it didn't ship out until 5 days later. That was last week Monday.... And I still haven't received my order!!! It didn't even ship until a MONTH after I ordered it!!! WTH!! I'm in Canada so I understand that shipping takes a lot longer but I order several item from a similar company in the same city....and I got those items in 2 weeks!!! I didn't even ask for express shipping!! I wish I had read the reviews before buying. Save your money and just buy it straight from the source.

amyv14
2/19/16

I wish I would have read reviews before placing an order. The deals they have on products we love is just completely not worth the wait or the bad customer service! I would rather pay full price on these items and receive them within a week! I placed two orders one on 1/19 the other on 1/20 lol I just received my Morphe order yesterday and my palette was broken! There was no "handle with care" sticker on the box so assume UPS man handled my box and ruined my palette. My theBalm products still have not shipped and I am worried I will receive them in the same condition. I have not heard back from Hautelook yet. If you are considering making a purchase off this website...don't do it!! Unless you are willing to wait a whole month or more and have some of your products damaged be my guest.

natalieh30
2/17/16

I have purchased a few times from hautelook. I have received mostly good things without issue. However one time, I received the wrong size shirt and requested the size I had ordered, but they did not have more in stock which sucked. They told me I could send it back for a full refund and will give me a store credit, which ended up being like $5 or 10. I was like hmmm waste my time even further? No. Instead I gave the shirt to someone else as a gift. In general they are ok though. EXCEPT with their shipping. Normally it takes about a month to get stuff but thus time takes the cake. I ordered from them on Jan 20 on an order that stated 2-3 weeks to ship. Here we are, one month out, and the order hasn't even arrived at hautelook to then ship to me! I have contacted customer service like 3 times now. Each time its, well I don't know when we will get it do you want to cancel your order? Lol Ummm what?. So this time they finally reimbursed my shipping price and said I can cancel it of I don't get it. So I said so you don't know when the company will ship to you? And they said nope. So here we are. I have to either cancel after waiting a month or stick it out and keep checking to see if they are actually gping to send me my stuff.

yurak1
2/17/16

I'm surprised they're associated with Nordstrom. This is so far from Nordstrom's stellar CS.

If you don't mind waiting 3~5 weeks for an order and having funds held up for the longest time only to be returned a month later, this is the site for you. The deals are indeed amazing and when things are going good, they will send you the "right" items within the time it allots itself (2~3weeks). But speaking from personal experience, bad experiences far outshone the good ones.

What grinds my gear the most: Hautelook will run out of inventory yet still allow people to purchase items.

The customer will receive a confirmation, and the email will dupe said customer to believe the items will be shipped. What will happen instead, is 3~5 weeks of complete nothing, with your funds still held up in the air. Customer will dutifully wait till the 3 week point and contact CS.
Hautelook CS will apologize, mentioning that inventory is most likely OOS -- BUT, if said customer is willing to wait a week, they will update customer. Otherwise they will refund you.

I know the prices are tempting, and if you really feel the brand, it might be worth a gamble.
But other than that, stay clear of Hautelook.

markd126
2/17/16

Constantly tried to get in touch with member care. Tried e-mailing them, messaging them on twitter, instagram, and facebook and still nothing. FYI I placed my order a month ago. Hautelook "member care" is a $#*!ing joke. Go $#*! yourselves.

kaylap14
2/12/16

I will never order from you here again. I ordered something three-four weeks weeks ago and I'm trying to get into contact with someone and it's like mission impossible. First, they never update me on orders. Second, when I call the customer care number no one answers. I called 3 times and waited for someone to answer for an hour each time! I've send over 5 emails trying to get into contact with someone and still nothing. All that was said in the email is to call the number I've been calling that no one answers. To me that's horrible customers service.

bitay
2/11/16

I placed an order January 1 for a Morphe brushes eyeshadow palette and a Billion Dollar Brows Eyebrow pencil. I figured since HauteLook is a Nordstorm company, it must be good, but I was so wrong. It took well over a month for my Morphe palette to arrive, and I had to continually remind them to send me my product. Contacting and trying to hear from customer service is a NIGHTMARE! Thankfully, after a month (over 3 weeks) of waiting, they sent me the correct Morphe palette unharmed. However, my Billion Dollar Brows product never came. They sent me the wrong product. After waiting over a month, I was so disappointed. I contacted them and they said they would refund me. I will be checking with my bank to make sure because I don't trust this site. I wish I had read reviews before shopping on HauteLook. I'd rather pay full price for products instead of ordering from this awful website! Don't use HauteLook! People who do recommend it, are only trying to get money for the site because if you invite a friend to HauteLook, the site gives you credit on purchases. Don't make my mistake! Avoid this HauteLook at all costs!

baileym33
2/10/16

I ordered an item more than a month ago and it has still not been shipped yet. don't shop here.

andreaf37
2/9/16

Who would have know that such a well known company have such a bad reputation!!! I should have done my research before spent more than $100 for nothing!!! I placed my ordered more than a month ago and received a confirmation email, thinking that my order is secure. But more than a month have past and still no email regarding the shipping! Emailed them a dozen times and all I got is the auto reply saying that they will Ensure their so called member care will response to me within 24-48 hours! I don't want to call coz it will waste my $$ as I'm from Asian countries!!

margareth61
2/9/16

The service is good and the item has a high quality though for he second attempt that I purchase, the products failed as I expected.

paulinec10
2/1/16

This website has some nice merchandise. The ordering process is simple and because I am a Canadian Resident I have come to expect long waits to receive my orders from the USA. However, clothing and footwear don't always fit. The return process from Canada is an absolute nightmare.

This is my most recent experience. I mailed the package on Dec 22nd. It was delivered to the Hautelook warehouse on Dec. 28th in Burlington, ON. I have since contacted Hautelook three times by 'live chat'. The first occasion, I waited a long time but could not get a customer service agent. On Jan 13th, I got lucky. I got connected and the customer service agent was pleasant. She looked up the Landmark Global tracking site and confirmed for me that the package had been received and the return would be processed soon.

Today, I contacted Hautelook for the 3rd time. I was told by a customer service person named Kameron that the returned merchandise had not be received yet according to the Canada Post website. (That's another complaint for another day). According to Canada Post tracking, the package has been out for delivery since December 28th. Out of concern that the package might have gotten lost, I contacted Canada Post before my first 2 attempts to clarify the situation with Hautelook. Both Canada Post and the previous Hautelook cs person verified that the package had been delivered to the Burlington warehouse.

After repeating this info a couple of times, Kameron finally decided to check the Landmark Global site which confirmed what I have been told. When I asked when I could expect my refund, Kameron told me there would be an update in 3-5 days. I advised her earlier in the conversation that my entire file (orders and returns) have disappeared on the website. This "update", if available in 3-5 days, would be obtained how?! When I again asked how long it would take to get a refund there was no response for many minutes. I ended the chat and have resolved to shop online elsewhere in the future.

ericad17
1/21/16

I order from Nordstrom Rack all the time. Their orders ship within 3 days always. I tried HAUTELOOK, even though shipping takes up to 3 weeks. It was a great deal after all. I called after 3 weeks and was told one item was just marked shipped and the other would take another week. I received the first Love Token item and really love the quality of it. I'm disappointed to find out after my next follow up that the second half of the order will never come. They didn't have enough to fill the orders. Instead of notifying me and returning my money quickly, they did nothing. No notification email or phone call. I had to follow up. I'm not sure I would order from HauteLook again. If I do, I won't hold my breath waiting for the delivery. If it's a good deal and I'm not counting on needing the item perhaps. I hope they get it together. They need someone who will crack the whip and run a tight ship...otherwise it's gonna sink.

mariam219
1/19/16

I wish I would've read reviews about HauteLook before attempting to order some Christmas gifts for my sister on the site. The items were supposed to arrive before the holidays - they did not. So I called and the customer service rep told me they would arrive before New Years - they did not. So I called again and the customer service rep told me they did not have enough inventory to fulfill the order so they were going to cancel the order and refund my money - fine.

I thought I was done with the ordeal, but then two weeks later I received a shipping notification for the items! So I called and the customer service rep told me it was a mistake and they had just printed a shipping label but had caught the error - they did not. A few days later, I received the items I had ordered over 6 weeks ago. So I called again and was told that I did not need to return the items and would not be charged for the items, I could just keep them for my troubles - fine.

THEN! I receive an email stating that I've agreed to be charged for the items - I DID NOT! I'm still in the process of trying to get a customer service agent with enough authority to actually know what's going on and tell me what to do with these items. I don't believe I should have to worry about returning or reshipping items that no longer need and did not mean to order.

The customer service department is a mess and no one seems to know what's going on. I'm so dissatisfied with the experience, not at all what I would expect from a company owned by Nordstroms. So I'll say it one more time - DO NOT SHOP HERE

vivl1
1/19/16

No bad experience here, the online process was smooth and deliver. Thanks.

jg70
1/8/16

Can't believe Nordstrom (Nordstrom Rack) is associated with HauteLook. Bad experience in regards to item fulfillment and shipping. I had always thought Nordstrom provided stellar service, but no longer. Could the reason be because of Nordstrom Rack's association with Hautelook? After reading the reviews online, regarding HauteLook, I believe it's very possible. But, perhaps, Nordstrom deserves to share some of the blame.

anniee6
1/3/16

I ordered a jacket from them 2 months ago and I should have received it a month ago. I called them to find out where my purchase was and they told informed me they didn't receive enough of the item from the brand for the amount of orders they received. Even though they charged my card for the item and shipping and failed to contact me to inform me on that information once they had found out. I would have never been refunded if I had't called to complain...

desireef
1/1/16

I should've read the reviews before making my purchase. I purchased 3 items from their website 4 weeks ago. Aparantly items are shipped "within" 2-3 weeks. My items still show that they haven't been shipped and by the looks of it, I'll be waiting a few more weeks. I understand the holidays were busy but come on! I will never order from them again! Seems like they're quick to take your money but not quick to send you the items you purchased. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!!

susanm171
12/24/15

Altough my order was cancelled, HauteLook is working diligently to fulfill my order. Thank you.

151 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Try to obtain as much information as you can about the model and make of the watch. This also includes pictures. Look for the serial # and other things such as the setting, dial, band, etc to see if it's correct. Make sure you can return the item if your not satisfied before you commit to buying. Also have a reputable Certified Rolex dealer look at the watch if you do choose to buy. You can have papers reissued if the watch is authentic. I hope this helps.

By Kelly M. on 8/8/15
Helpful answer

Good luck with dealing with Hautelook. Look up there customer care number on line

By Mark O. on 12/11/15

Contact PayPal

By Mark O. on 12/11/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the HauteLook staff and other customers.

HauteLook?