Review of Eventbrite

Tel: +1.4159634055
press@eventbrite.com

beckyg24
9/23/17

They facilitate the sales of events where the actual organizer of the event never agreed to that. So someone is making money on selling people fake tickets and Eventbrite takes it's cut and runs! How is this business still operating after years of ripping people off is beyond me!

kearap
9/15/17

Me and many other people were scammed by events posted on evenbrite... NOT TRUST WORTHY!!! The bus to pick everyone up never showed! When we contacted the organizers to complain they never answered... so they made 45 bucks per every person that participated and then event sold out... so basically they made a bunch of money and a ton of students got scammed

taraa22
8/26/17

When I bought my tickets I was aware that they were in the nose bleed section. Yet as me and my husband tried to find the seat rhatbcoressponded to my ticket we found chairs -- from the dining room that had numbers taped on them. To add insult to injury our chair assignments were not there! We had to make two trips to ask an usher to please secure 2 chairs sorry, (dining chairs) for us. I will never by through this vendor again!!!!

darrenm39
8/24/17

Eventbrite is a HORRIBLE COMPANY!
Literally give us your money, and DO NOT BOTHER US!
Need help because someone stole your information. Too bad! Send us an email and maybe we will get to it later.
Go to Hell Eventbrite!

ck100
7/17/17

Eventbrite is selling tickets to events without permission or notifying the event owners. They collect the money, then are not available to remedy the situation. They say they have support, but they are truly not accessible.

rg80
6/26/17

I purchased a 90 minute Chicago architectural tour through LivingSocial and Eventbrite on May 17, 2017. It is now June 26 and the August date that I require is not yet available. August dates will not even be posted until (by) July 15. That is 2 months after purchase and I have no confidence that my date will even be available. In addition, I cannot plan anything else for that date because I don't know what time the cruise can be booked, if at all.

I have contacted Eventbrite and they referred me back to LivingSocial. LivingSocial refuses to do anything because the purchase from Eventbrite is non-refundable. Seriously? I can't book it and I can't get my money back.

Steer clear. Run.

davidh532
6/26/17

Organizer of event (Ed Owen/ Nashville Tour Guide) stopped communicating after taking our deposit and first payment for a Solar Eclipse event in Nashville, so never received final bill even after a month of e-mails, phone messages. Complained to eventbrite they told me to contact the vendor who I had told them I had been trying to do for over a month. So I ask for a refund, they tell me I am past the refund date, So essentially they are telling me I can't get my money back, and I can't complete my payment to the event because the vendor won't bill me, and has dissapeared, So i'm out around $1800 BECAUSE THE VENDOR DOESN'T COMPLATE THE TRANACTION, AND EVENTBRITE REFUSES TO DO ANYTHING.

jow45
6/20/17

To Whom It May Concern: Would someone from Eventbrite kindly respond to our numerous attempts from Saturday, 6/17/17 to today, 6/20/17, to UNBLOCK/OPEN our account so we may EDIT our event? It appears that our account has been blocked for some unforeseen reason and we have absolutely no clue why this is happening because there has only been one response from a Customer Support person who did not understand our request at the time and did not follow up so we may get an understanding or so this may be resolved sooner. Sometimes that happens from the best person, we get that, but for no one else at Eventbrite to not follow up or not reach out again to see if we can at least EDIT our event is not the way to excellent Customer Support. We then finally ran across the 866.902.2531 number & spoke with Chelsie yesterday, 6/19/17, around 4:53 pm in Sales to let her know what we have been experiencing so she would report this matter to the appropriate department/person. So far, no response. Honestly speaking, it's been a nightmare and once again we do not understand why because we used Eventbrite before and did not have a problem. Finally, if that hasnt been enough, we print screened a message that says, You currently dont have any debit or credit cards saved which is incorrect. We included this information with our account for the event! We also have an email stating that our event was published live, but now there's no show of it which supports our statement that our account has been blocked for some unforeseen reason. Thank you for your immediate response.

meganl52
6/4/17

When we arrived the tickets didn't scan, they said at the Kauffman Center they don't even sell those ticket numbers. Luckily they got us seats.

veronicaw35
6/2/17

Free ticket is not being Honored by event planners. This is false advertising. Bad business, and correction should be made to your site before guest arrive

roxanej
5/25/17

I 'attempted' to attend an event that was promoted by Vernon Williams (please do not support him) at Bowie Fine Arts theater on May 14, 2017. We did not attend the event because the tickets were falsely advertised as 'premium' seating when in FACT that only had general seating. Anyway, I attempted to resolve this with Mr. Williams (I just want a refund), as recommended by EventBrite..surprise no response. His event had no refund policy so I contact EventBrite AND NO ONE has contacted my from EventBrite YET!!! This stinks!!! EventBrite should not allow promoters to use their site who are fraudulent. Mr. Williams is a FRAUD!!!

yasino3
5/23/17

I got charged twice for the GABs Beer festival and after a week of consistently emailing Eventbrite, I've got no reply and no refund so now I have to deal with a fraud case with my bank in order to get the payment reversed which takes 2-3 months to process.
If you haven't got a contact number than a great online support should be your focus. Will not be purchasing again from this company.

peterm260
5/16/17

I'm running an event -https://www.eventbrite.com/e/revere-70s-boomers-bash-ticketand I'm trying to set up an Advance Payout and I got a reply that it's down for maintenance.

How soon will it be up?

I left a message with customer service and I'm waiting for a response. From the reviews, it appears that they aren't very got at responding to their customers.

Your help with this matter would be appreciated.

Peter Mucci
petemooch@yahoo.com

702-764-0656

eventbrites
5/15/17

To start, I don't ever review things, but this is easily the worst service I have ever experienced. At this day in age, for a site that is made for sales of ANY kind to not have a customer support call in number is absolutely absurd. Then Eventbrite takes it a step further and has an absolute $#*! website where hardly anything works. Enter the wrong address? Too bad, you can't change it because only the ticket buyer can do that, even though somehow I am logged in and seeing my damn ticket. So go on their full website and login? Yea... about that... every time you login in (every single time) it sends you a confirmation email. This complaining is honestly all just a waste though because how can it be fixed with no living customer support team? They tell you to contact the venue, but why the $#*! is the venue even hiring this ticket sale company if not to regulate ticket sales? Absolutely worthless.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE IT

mayankg7
4/30/17

Crappy website with no support staff to help with an order cancellation. Been trying to follow up for a week now to no avail

doral15
4/26/17

Paid twice for the Oyster and Beer Fest. No response no refund, no way of communicating. Absolutely disgusting.

jamesl302
4/26/17

Purchased Love/Hate tickets from this outfit about 6 months ago. The gig was subsequently cancelled but after 2 months and 4 requests they have still not refunded my money. Terrible website, terrible customer care, awful people

jenniem17
4/23/17

Love hate was cancelled in Bristol. Applied for a refund still haven't had it after 4 months DO NOT USE!

clivep6
4/20/17

We have used the site for events for the past four years and enough is enough. We found that any number of invites that were sent were simply not arriving in clients mailboxes or even junk. On top of that, a very poorly laid out and designed site has not had a hint of an update in the four years weve struggled with it. Enough is enough

yumaa
4/15/17

HORRIBLE ORGANIZACIÓN
COMPRE TICKETS PARA ORGASMO, DECÍA 7PM TO 10PM LLEGUE A LAS 6:30PM Y NOS DEJARON ENTRAR A LAS 8PM DESPUÉS DE UNA HORA Y MEDIA EN FILA "CANSADA"
UNA VEZ YA ADENTRO NO VENDEN NI AGUA DESPUÉS DE TANTAS HORAS ESPERANDO. TODA LA FAMILIA EN LA MESA SIN NADA LARA COMER NI TOMAR. HORRIBLE MÁS NUNCA VUELVO A UN SHOW PROTAGONIZADO POR ESTA COMPAÑÍA

lissetter2
4/13/17

I purchased 2 tickets for Electric Beach 2017, I received an email from Alexandra Larios alex@yourvitaminc.com. That the event was cancelled and I will be refunded for my tickets $77.90. Its been 1 1/2 months and still no refund. I have called and called and she never answers my phone calls. This is A SCAM!!!!!!! She is a horrible event promotor. I NEED MY MONEY!!!!!!!

ramunasa
4/12/17

Bought VIP tickets to show. the show was oversold so had no seats for us.Left the show.Did not see the show.So asked for refund. contacted organiser, no answer for 3 weeks. Contacted eventbrite support, wrote back that i need to contact organisers which i did, but if organisers did'nt replay in 4 working days i should contact eventbrite again.So i wrote to them after 5days and again after 11 days. All they sent me again is contact organiser.Even i bought tickets from eventbrite. Be careful people if organisers is scam eventbrite will NOT HELP YOU get Your money back! Worst service ever.

menop1
4/5/17

As a buyer of tickets here's my last attempt to use eventbrite.com:

Purchased 2 tickets, unable to send tickets to Apple Wallet, unable to open pdf of tickets. Tried my phone, a tablet, a computer to no avail. I had just paid for 2 tickets that were impossible to obtain.

Its unfortunate but any vendor using eventbrite can count me out as an attendee.

simoneu
4/3/17

Lost several hundred dollars on cancelled or disingenuous event ticketed through Eventbrite. Where as other ticketing solutions go above and beyond to protect their customers, Eventbrite seems to be the exact opposite... It is faceless and baseless. They seemed to do very little to authenticate the event to which they were selling tickets... Found out after the fact that the promoter did not even secure the listed venue.... If you have other options for your event, explore them....

davids711
3/11/17

I tried getting info and help from them and they did not care I bought the tickets for my sons birthday and we couldn't even get in. I want a refund and since I brought up the word refund they won't return my emails or calls. Do not use this company they just want your money

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Eventbrite staff and other customers.

Eventbrite?