US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

thomasr122
11/29/16

We used Eventbrite for an event in 2016. When it came to payment, weeks went by. We phoned every number listed, only to be disconnected or led back to their webpage. It took contacting our legal department before Eventbrite relinquished our payment. I ask, how can a company of this size be permitted to operate strictly via e-mail? When or if you have an issue, it cannot be addressed but by e-mail, if they respond at all. Very, very poor service. (Now we did receive payment, but it took a month)

carolyng42
11/5/16

Good Afternoon,

I am writing to express how unsatisfied I am with the way the Nick Cannon Wild 'n Out 9:30pm show yesterday (Fri November 4, 2016) at NYC Arena was run.

This was possibly the worst event I have ever been to at this venue, unsure of who to put the blame on (venue or event promoters) BUT the 9:30pm show was conducted with out any form or fashion. Doors were scheduled to open at 9 however the line did not begin to move to allow for those to enter until 11 o'clock!! Two hours later, around the time the show was scheduled to end (11:30pm). No one came to explain the delay or inform us of what was going on. My friend and I had to leave line to ask security what was the hold up, and we were told the meet and greet had ran long.

We did not enter the venue until around midnight upon which the show was in progress, and we were told there weren't any more seats together and that my party would be separated in order for us to have a seat.
Despite the ridiculously long wait we were cheated out of our money. We paid $64.29 for mezzanine seating yet there was no distinguished area for it. We were scattered throughout the arena with those who paid less ($40). Defeating the purpose of the additional funds. I need someone to explain to me what our extra money was for because it was obviously not apparent.

I am a faithful user of Eventbrite, having used the services many times before in the past and have never had this issue. I understand this event was listed as no refunds but this was not acceptable. Since I can not get back the time I wasted as promoters/venue kept us outside, compensation for tickets I reaped no benefit of would be the least that could be done.

Please if this is not the correct outlet for me to voice my complaints please inform me of who to reach out to.

Thanks.

omrah
11/5/16

I purchased tickets for last nights Wild N Out event Amazura. This event was listed to begin at 9:30pm and end at 11:30pm. I along with many others waited in line for over 2 hours just to get inside. This was not the fault of the patrons because when I asked a security guard about the delay he mentioned that the VIP meet and greet was still going on. There was no other mention from anyone else what was going on inside. The staff seemed to be very upset themselves and at some point two bouncers had to be separated from each other as they were about to get into an altercation. At this point my friend, who I attended the event with, and I were very confused and figured that the show itself would just begin late. This was not the case as when we finally entered the arena at 11:45pm the show had begun and seemed to be coming to a conclusion. The mezzanine seating that we had paid $64.29 for was not only not available but the staff angrily shouted out that there were no more seats and that we could look for ourselves to see what was left. My friend managed to find a seat on the other side of the room and I unfolded a chair near the bathroom to sit. The comedians were on the stage but you couldnt hear what was being said due to the fact that people were still trying to find seating. At some point people began to stand on their chairs to see the stage, which completely blocked the little view that I had. Shortly after, the lights came on and the event concluded. I have used Eventbrite many times before in the past and have never had this issue. I understand this event was listed as no refunds but this was not acceptable. This event was very disorganized and I did not receive ANY of the services that I paid for and I am asking for my money back.

veronicat5
10/18/16

Stupid $#*! spoke to me in a very rude manner in regards to a event to which I bought tickets from. These people have no customer service or social skills. I bet this dumb whore has the competence of what McDonald's requires as far as qualifications to flip burgers! Eventbrite fire this bimbo!

ginam54
8/28/16

Never did I receive an invite after the company paid over $5K for Evenbrite's services.
I sent an email to their support email address and received this in return:
Eventbrite Support <support@eventbrite.com>
Aug 27 (1 day ago)
to me
Hi there,

Our support team no longer checks this inbox, so we havent received your message!

To get in touch with us, please visit eventbrite.com/contact-us.

This short form ensures your message gets to the right team fast.

You can also check out our recently redesigned help center for step-by-step tutorials and videos: eventbrite.com/support.

We look forward to helping you out,

The Eventbrite Customer Experience Team

THEN, I went where they directed me to find I could not post my question/problem without a URL address for the invite - - WHICH I DID NOT HAVE -which was the entire problem- AND COULD NOT PASTE, so could not report my problem to receive the invitation for the second time! Fast forward a half hour, -since MY time is CLEARLY not valuable to these JERKS, - I posted the issue on their FB page. . . the only access I could find to try to remedy the problem -for a third time. Guess what? Not only did I get no reply/assistance, now, I have discovered that they blocked me from their FB page! Class act!
Below, please find what I put on their page, which obviously they did not care to respond to. The fact that this company collects THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS to NOT invite the people they were hired to invite, then slaps an innocent person who is inquiring about it around - ignore, force to color between their lines in order to send a question within such restrictions a question cannot even get sent. . . are you kidding me? I smell class action lawsuits any moment against these shysters!

dddddr
8/24/16

I've bought a ticket for a workshop titled "Start and Run a Successful Wearables Business" organized by a frauding company named Amexos. I went to the event and found out it has been a scam. They offered a wrong address and no contact number.

annac109
8/10/16

Eventbrite allows posts for illegal events even when they are reports to be illegal to them. They allowed a post for an illegal, unpermitted party hosted by squatters in a foreclosed property. Despite numerous neighbor complaints to this business, they did not remove the advertisement from their site. They are still allowing unsuspecting people to purchase tickets to this illegal party run by criminals. They are furthermore placing the neighborhood in danger by allowing such things on their site.

scottp78
6/20/16

We used to be able to contact customer support by telephone anytime and got good service from them, but now it is impossible to contact them by telephone and their 48 hour turnaround of emailed concerns seems to be only a number. Not only were they very slow in responding but did not address my question and when I asked for clarification on the main question, they did not respond at all. Very concerned as I have two active events and am just finding out that they do not seem to be the company that I dealt with when I first started hosting events.

devas5
6/6/16

Beware of this company. My event disappeared from my account even though eople can still buy tickets. I need to cancel the event because the main speaker canceled.

There is no tech support on the eventbrite site. They have so far not responded to email. Efforts to call them don't work as they put you on endless hold and then finally disconnect you without being able to leave a message.

As of now I consider Eventbrite a scam.

donr53
5/24/16

This is a scam of a company will not respond to emails.
their phone number is 415-694-7900 but you will not get anyone the recording says the receptionist is in a meeting really all day.
if you paid with bank or credit card call your bank and start a fraud charge.
I called my bank and they started a fraud charge and is crediting my account tomorrow let's all do this and put them out of buisness

ownerc
5/4/16

Looks like a good site.

joseg79
4/12/16

Went on line to purchase two tickets from Eventbrite for a magic show in Tahoe. When we went to the venue it showed that we purchased two sets of tickets one being a handicap set. When we went to the venue the it was noted there was an error and said the double billing would be resolved. I could not get Eventbrite to refund the error. I do not recommend buying tickets through a third party, it's impossible to get this common sense error fixed.

johns1187
3/2/16

I purchased tickets to a show and never received my tickets by email. I had issues with my primary email address. Contacted Eventbrite by email requested tickets be sent to my secondary email address. They asked me to verify my purchase information twice by email and never sent me my tickets. They list a 1-800 number for customer service but when you call you get a voice mail message for what every issues you are having and the call terminates. They are set up so you can never talk to a person. The website and customer service is horrible. Stay away form the website.

letiyshas
1/13/16

This is now 2016 almost every company now a days does have live customer service, but nooooo not event brite u get the run around, hung up on by automated serv. so now that i need a refund that they are telling me i'm owed cant find no status etc on this refund if you email them they send this stupid universal email that didn't answer my questions and it tells you if you need more help respond to the email but no answer now smh. i have to now go through my pay pal account to get my refund but that's going to take longer now, mind you the event i was going to was on new years eve and its now the 13th of jan to try and get this all iron out and lastly. event brite tells you to go to the event planner to resolve this issue but they need to realize that if your not dealing with a real company just a jo smo they might not be professional to care about a refund like the guy i'm dealing with. So they need to put plans in place to protect the buyer like pay pal, i have all emails and text from the event guy that seems to me at times he gets to personal when this is a business transaction that he never followed through with. it seems also he had to refund numerous people and he is loosing out which is not my problem and he should go back to his day job cause this is not his meal ticket.

Sincerely,
no real service but money taken from this honest
buyer looking for a good time.

dustinl11
12/30/15

I am guessing this is a simple ticketing tool for event organizers. If so, then it shoud appear and function as nothing more than that. We bought tickets to an event and immediately had a conflict and tried to cancel within hours, and the event was 2 weeks away. Eventbrite mandates a minimum requirement for refund listings, yet the organizer had no refund listed at all. We ended up getting charged 50 dollars. They stated because they paid deposits etc for the event. They didn't pay any deposits based on our attendance since it was a holiday and no one responded to us when we first tried to cancel within hours. They got back to us 5 days later. If they would have canceled immediately as requested, there would be no deposits made, which I'm sure there weren't. They wanted our money and we can't get it back.

barbp8
11/9/15

I accidentally had a type in my email when I ordered tickets for an event. You would think there would be a warning. There are only so many email companies.

I have contacted Eventbrite and the promoter several time and no response. I guess I will disputed the charge on my credit card. These people are horrible. Where is the phone number? They have instructions on what to do if there is a typo. They include signing up with wrong address so you can go in and change it. But they send a verification to the wrong address!! WTF!!

kellyc81
11/8/15

The night of the New Years day concert I looked for my confirmation email for my tickets, what's that? No confirmation email? No tickets? I was scammed out of 50$ and they won't answer any emails. Never again.

michelles124
11/4/15

I purchased tickets for a Tim Burton event by Costumes and Themes through EventBrite.

The event was completely FALSELY ADVERTISED and EventBrite claims no refunds because the organizer has a strict "no refunds" policy.

So an event planner can create and event, advertise it as somethings, not deliver, and attendees have NO WAY TO BE ISSUED A REFUND.

THe organizer has refused and EventBrite refused.

BUYER BEWARE. I will never purchase another ticket through this site.

gl1431
7/21/15

Eventbrite totally took the hit and sent refunds when the organizer of an Obstacle Race (Atlas Race) bailed and took off with the money. I can't speak to their services, but in terms of doing the right thing for the participants--they were awesome.

kevinz9
7/2/15

I swore that I would never leave an online review for a business but just had to warn other people about this...

In the beginning I was extremely excited to learn that a platform like Eventbrite existed for someone running a small event like myself. Most of the features were easy to understand and connect with my website.

About 3 weeks before my event I got a message ON THEIR WEBSITE saying something along the lines of "You have been accepted for the advanced Payout blah blah blah... If you do not want this feature contact us." So I sat back and waited until the 15th to get some $. On the 16th I called them and said hey I thought I was gonna get paid some $ early. The guy then informed me that I had to call and confirm I wanted advanced payout etc etc. This was very odd to me because I specifically saw on the website it said to reach out if I did not want it. Kinda weird. So anyway, I then ask him "OK well what is the process to initiate this advanced payout thing is there an application or something"? He says "No, you just had to call us." OK... He then tells me that I will be receiving an email with more details and that the next advanced payout happens on the 30th. He clearly said the "15th and 30th"... Fast forward two weeks to my event(s). Held on the 29th and 30th. At this point I decide to allocate pretty much every dollar to my name to staff, marketing, food, facilities, etc knowing that I am going to have the money payment initiated on the 30th. Well that didnt happen on the 30th. So I call on July 1st, the girl that picks up then proceeds to tell me that the payouts are on the 15th and the 1st. Im like uhhh OK thats not what the other person said but no big deal just send me the money. She then dances around my questions for like 10 minutes until I finally get her to stick with one response that "Because my events have already happened I cant get the advanced payout feature on the 1st" So because she sounds like a nice person or just very good at acting clueless I dont freak out. Even though I literally have no money because of the costs of the event. I also explain to her that I owe 5 different people money for working the event and she recommends "Just apologize as much as possible to them". Ha. Long story short... just make sure they send you something confirming they will pay you on the day they say so you dont end up like me two days before 4th of july weekend with zero dollars.

annc36
1/28/15

We have had nothing but trouble with Eventbrite; their continual changing of the layout of the manage and edit pages with no notice to their customers. What's worse is they recently decided to publish the date and time of closed out events, without an option to turn it off for those of us who don't need people showing up in hopes of attending! They have no plans of fixing this problem--I asked and the answer was no. This has cost us a lot of time, trouble and many awkward in person situations. We are changing soon. Hate Eventbrite.

garyt33
1/16/15

The worst they lock you out your events refuse to payout

danh68
1/12/15

OK for 'one off' events - but NOT suitable for repeat events. Eventbrite change things all the time without informing you and will LOCK your events - creating new listings to reflect the changes. This means if you use eventbrite widgets to embed events on your own website you are screwed - as the widget breaks. This has happened to me 3 times in 12 months so I have abandoned eventbrite in favour of a self hosted solution which has saved me a lot of money already.

ivyt10
6/18/14

Eventbrite locked my account and took down my event without informing me. When I called, they emailed me within 24 hours the following email.

"After reviewing your account and the events you have listed with Eventbrite, it has come to our attention that your Eventbrite account does not comply with our Terms of Service. As a result, your account has been locked and your events will no longer run on Eventbrite.

As you may recall, the Terms of Service to which you agreed to when you signed up with Eventbrite state that we reserve the right to review and stop running any events when deemed necessary. You can review these Terms of Service here: www.eventbrite.com/tos.

For privacy reasons, Eventbrite Support is unable to provide any additional information regarding this account, and the Trust and Safety team is only available by email."

My company is a start-up company, it's an online learning center, it is still not accepting business although it is fully registered and legitimate. http://thelearningweb.me

I work for a large prestigious employer, when I log in as a large corporation, I get VIP treatment (they send the checks super-super fast!), when I log in with my own start up company's email address, I get thrown out. I can't believe the discrimination. I say it is discrimination, bias and bully because no concrete reason is given for deleting my event.

I did not contact Eventbrite further because I no longer need to use an external software. I managed to configure the shopping cart to handle event registration that is integrated to Moodle LMS and Joomla CMS. Eventbrite cannot do this although it's a good event registration system.

visichats
10/11/13

fully scam site, they scam us for $6500 USD.
we was create 1 event with them, evergthing was fine no issue at all, but on payout date thet refuse to pay us our $6500

such a fraud company i have see in my life.

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Eventbrite staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question