Review of Eventbrite

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

yasino3
5/23/17

I got charged twice for the GABs Beer festival and after a week of consistently emailing Eventbrite, I've got no reply and no refund so now I have to deal with a fraud case with my bank in order to get the payment reversed which takes 2-3 months to process.
If you haven't got a contact number than a great online support should be your focus. Will not be purchasing again from this company.

peterm260
5/16/17

I'm running an event -https://www.eventbrite.com/e/revere-70s-boomers-bash-ticketand I'm trying to set up an Advance Payout and I got a reply that it's down for maintenance.

How soon will it be up?

I left a message with customer service and I'm waiting for a response. From the reviews, it appears that they aren't very got at responding to their customers.

Your help with this matter would be appreciated.

Peter Mucci
petemooch@yahoo.com

702-764-0656

eventbrites
5/15/17

To start, I don't ever review things, but this is easily the worst service I have ever experienced. At this day in age, for a site that is made for sales of ANY kind to not have a customer support call in number is absolutely absurd. Then Eventbrite takes it a step further and has an absolute $#*! website where hardly anything works. Enter the wrong address? Too bad, you can't change it because only the ticket buyer can do that, even though somehow I am logged in and seeing my damn ticket. So go on their full website and login? Yea... about that... every time you login in (every single time) it sends you a confirmation email. This complaining is honestly all just a waste though because how can it be fixed with no living customer support team? They tell you to contact the venue, but why the $#*! is the venue even hiring this ticket sale company if not to regulate ticket sales? Absolutely worthless.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE IT

mayankg7
4/30/17

Crappy website with no support staff to help with an order cancellation. Been trying to follow up for a week now to no avail

doral15
4/26/17

Paid twice for the Oyster and Beer Fest. No response no refund, no way of communicating. Absolutely disgusting.

jamesl302
4/26/17

Purchased Love/Hate tickets from this outfit about 6 months ago. The gig was subsequently cancelled but after 2 months and 4 requests they have still not refunded my money. Terrible website, terrible customer care, awful people

jenniem17
4/23/17

Love hate was cancelled in Bristol. Applied for a refund still haven't had it after 4 months DO NOT USE!

clivep6
4/20/17

We have used the site for events for the past four years and enough is enough. We found that any number of invites that were sent were simply not arriving in clients mailboxes or even junk. On top of that, a very poorly laid out and designed site has not had a hint of an update in the four years weve struggled with it. Enough is enough

yumaa
4/15/17

HORRIBLE ORGANIZACIÓN
COMPRE TICKETS PARA ORGASMO, DECÍA 7PM TO 10PM LLEGUE A LAS 6:30PM Y NOS DEJARON ENTRAR A LAS 8PM DESPUÉS DE UNA HORA Y MEDIA EN FILA "CANSADA"
UNA VEZ YA ADENTRO NO VENDEN NI AGUA DESPUÉS DE TANTAS HORAS ESPERANDO. TODA LA FAMILIA EN LA MESA SIN NADA LARA COMER NI TOMAR. HORRIBLE MÁS NUNCA VUELVO A UN SHOW PROTAGONIZADO POR ESTA COMPAÑÍA

lissetter2
4/13/17

I purchased 2 tickets for Electric Beach 2017, I received an email from Alexandra Larios alex@yourvitaminc.com. That the event was cancelled and I will be refunded for my tickets $77.90. Its been 1 1/2 months and still no refund. I have called and called and she never answers my phone calls. This is A SCAM!!!!!!! She is a horrible event promotor. I NEED MY MONEY!!!!!!!

ramunasa
4/12/17

Bought VIP tickets to show. the show was oversold so had no seats for us.Left the show.Did not see the show.So asked for refund. contacted organiser, no answer for 3 weeks. Contacted eventbrite support, wrote back that i need to contact organisers which i did, but if organisers did'nt replay in 4 working days i should contact eventbrite again.So i wrote to them after 5days and again after 11 days. All they sent me again is contact organiser.Even i bought tickets from eventbrite. Be careful people if organisers is scam eventbrite will NOT HELP YOU get Your money back! Worst service ever.

menop1
4/5/17

As a buyer of tickets here's my last attempt to use eventbrite.com:

Purchased 2 tickets, unable to send tickets to Apple Wallet, unable to open pdf of tickets. Tried my phone, a tablet, a computer to no avail. I had just paid for 2 tickets that were impossible to obtain.

Its unfortunate but any vendor using eventbrite can count me out as an attendee.

simoneu
4/3/17

Lost several hundred dollars on cancelled or disingenuous event ticketed through Eventbrite. Where as other ticketing solutions go above and beyond to protect their customers, Eventbrite seems to be the exact opposite... It is faceless and baseless. They seemed to do very little to authenticate the event to which they were selling tickets... Found out after the fact that the promoter did not even secure the listed venue.... If you have other options for your event, explore them....

davids711
3/11/17

I tried getting info and help from them and they did not care I bought the tickets for my sons birthday and we couldn't even get in. I want a refund and since I brought up the word refund they won't return my emails or calls. Do not use this company they just want your money

haleyw8
3/8/17

Cancelled before the event. As an academic and you are running your event at our university, I will ensure you will not be joining us again for the safety of our students.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use it.

rachelk54
3/7/17

tried to run an event through eventbrite. The link to registration page didnt work. Spent hour on chat line with them (no telephone support available). the solution they provided didnt work. Couldnt get back on chat line. Apparently you cant use it twice in short time frame. DONT run an even through these guys

tonyam23
2/1/17

Purchased tickets through this site & event was cancelled. Contacted Everbrite to get the organizer name & address for a refund-it has been over a month & haven't heard anything from this organization. I am currently out of $75.00 - never again.

romanieb
1/27/17

Steer clear of Eventbrite! I have never signed up to recieve their emails but they "captured" my email address when I, naively, signed up to join the NYC Women's March. Now despite my repeated attempts to have them cease sending me their promotional emails, I'm unable to get them to stop. Every attempt to unsubscribe online on their website gets you to a page where it immediatedly says you are "timed out". So you are not able to proceed to unsubscribe from their emails.
A scam outfit which will capture and retain your email address against your wishes.

marinag13
1/26/17

Written countless emails about my refund. My friends and I waited in line for 2.5hrs to get into the event and when I spoke to the organizer during the event he assured me I would be able to get a refund. No one has replied to any one of my emails since Oct 2016. I want my 60$ back

julietc7
1/24/17

I called everyday for 4 straight days, was put on hold for more than an hour. Very bad customer's service. Eventbrite should not offer a phone number to customers who needs help if they don't attend to the calls. Can anybody refer me to another company?

ryank45
1/23/17

Good luck trying to get anyone on the phone to talk to at event bright. God forbid they over charge you for your tickets (what happened to me). Its been a month since the event and I have still not been contacted or given a refund for the mistake. I have written countless emails and made many phone calls to the company. VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS COMPANY. WILL NOT USE AGAIN UNLESS THEY CONTACT ME AND RESOLVE THE ISSUE.

kerryb41
1/22/17

This site is good for invitations on free events, but does have limitations which would be expected since it's free.
However, if you are organizing an event and collecting registration payments, the charges are ridiculous, hard to track and pay-outs take too long.
I would not recommend this site on a professional level.

billm182
1/21/17

They have been reconfiguring their software, and it's got a lot of glitches. They sent out invitations to a show that previously occurred. You have to keep your on tracking lists of how many tickets have been sold or you can oversell very easily.

laurap115
1/4/17

This company sold tickets to an event that was oversold then they tell me there's no refunds so I paid $22 for something I never got to see

antwonm
1/3/17

Eventbright hosted New Years eve party. San Mateo ca Marriott.

1) $60 per person so they packed people in like rats .
2) No in and out privileges so once in at 8pm you are stuck till 2am even though they actually patted you down before entering. (could have let you leave and patted you down when you came back)
3) Dehydrated from dancing and looking for water ? 6 Bucks for 16 oz bottled water.
4) They actually wont let you have water unless you pay 6 Bucks for a bottled water.
Thats seem criminal to me.

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Eventbrite staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Diane B.
on 5/8/16
harrietts
Harriett S.
I'm an event organizer and after setting up my event and not receiving any deposits for tickets purchased, I discovered that EventBrite does not do a payout until the event is completed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT GOOD as my contract with the venue requires me to send them funds on a weekly basis. Therefore, I changed online processing companies to EventBee and then set up "COMP" tickets for those who had already purchased tickets from EventBrite and then changed the date of the event to April 2 in order to close the event. Here it is six days later and there is still no payout!!! My event has been taken down so I don't even have access to the dashboard so I can track the payment. WHERE IS OUR MONEY!!! The bank account has not received a deposit from you AND there are no deposits pending from you. WHERE IS OUR MONEY! Please contact me at rotarycgf@gmail.com or by phone at 541-388-7342. This is URGENT. I need the funds to make the payment to the venue next MONDAY!
on 4/8/16
samj64
Sam J.
on 8/20/15
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the Eventbrite staff and other customers.

Eventbrite?