Review of GigSalad

Tel: +1-417-889-9909
help@gigsalad.com

stevep412
6/23/19

I use GigSalad for my professiona speaking work as well as for the band I play in. The service GigSalad provides, both up-front through the website as well as behind the scenes in customer service is second to none. It's always such a thrill to receive a gig lead, and the GigSalad team are there to help make my profile as attractive as possible. As a Canadian business, I also appreciate that I am allowed to bid and get paid in Canadian dollars. My clients are too.

gkh1
6/21/19

I called Gigsalad and she help me understand the way the vendor put in a request and she answered my question.

harryk83
6/18/19

I'm a videographer and GigSalad has been helpful in finding jobs. They provided me with good leads and I'm thankful to their customer service team for assisting me with my small business!

richw77
6/13/19

The website is easy to sign up for and very intuitive from a user standpoint. The clients I have encountered are always on the up and up and you don't have to worry about scams since Gigsalad changed to getting the payments upon contract agreement. Support and issues are also addressed and very timely manner and the representatives always seem understanding and knowledgable

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Rich, thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that our platform is working well for you! Our Customer Happiness Team is always here to help if needed.
evec26
6/13/19

Pleases do not use Gigsalad. They do not have quality leads and you don't get many for your memberrship . I confronted them about this many times now they have cut off my membership
Trust me Gigmasters is so much better - and you get tons of leads daily.
Eve

rosec147
6/12/19

I am a vendor of this site, and had an abusive situation come up with someone who hired me through it. I called GigSalad for advice and help, and within minutes, I received a personal phone call from Megan, who took the time to listen to my story. Later that day, she and the company went way out of their way to help me resolve it. I can't thank them enough, and I will remain a loyal customer after this exchange. A classy and caring operation, who solves problems fairly and efficiently, with a personal touch. Thank you!

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Rose, thank you for sharing your story. We were happy to help and truly value you as a member of our site!
jeremyr113
6/12/19

I've used GigSalad for years and have always had a great experience. The customer service team is helpful and I've been able to make a nice income on the gigs I've landed. As a musician, it's awesome that I've found a platform that helps me get leads I wouldn't have found otherwise. I'd recommend them to any serious artist looking to improve their business.

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Jeremy, thank you so much for the kind words!
keithr156
6/4/19

We have been using GigSalad for over 3 years now. They have provided awesome characters, great face painters, clowns, mermaids, unicorn ponies, fire dancers, carolers,Santa's and more. So easy and convenient to use. we highly recommend this service.

jeffb618
5/28/19

GigSalad was very efficient. Easy to use. I liked the way it could suggest other bands that were similar to the couple of bands as to which we expressed interest. We hired one of the suggested bands. Easy to compare styles of music and prices.

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Jeff, thank you for your kind words! We're happy to hear that the platform worked well for you. Have a great event!
jens156
3/20/19

I am a top rated professional in my field. I wanted to give the site a try to supplement what I already do. After several dozen leads without one call back or booking I followed my instincts and got off the site. It started to look and feel as though the leads are fake...perhaps generated by team members. This is not a good way to market your business as you simply don't know what or who is behind these leads. No numbers or business names are ever given...Think about it...a 5th grader could sit in a chair all day and send out these leads. I plan to guard the reputation of my business and stay off this creepy site.

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Jen, we're sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with our platform. We can assure you, the leads are not generated by our team. Our site has approximately 25,000 visits per day and we sent over 40,000 leads to our members last month. If our members have leads that they find suspect, they're always welcome to let us know so that we can look further into the person who sent it. In regard to your comment that no names or numbers are given, we'd be happy to clear that up. Names are absolutely required and provided, but phone numbers are not. We strive to create a positive experience for both event planners and our vendors, and requiring a phone number has proven to reduce requests for quotes. Contact numbers can always be exchanged after each party feels comfortable. However, if a client does provide their number, that is always shared with our vendors who have a paid membership. If you have any other concerns, please reach out to us at help@gigsalad.com or call 866-788-GIGS. Thank you for your feedback and we hope we've clarified some of your concerns.
maryp491
2/26/19

Lots of requests where the "client" doesn't leave a phone number and never reads your quote or response. The inquiries seem fake. There are many better ways to market your company.

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Mary, we're sorry to hear that you were unhappy with our platform. While we don't require a phone number, if the client chooses to share one we always display that for our paid members. We understand the frustration in not hearing back from a potential client and we are taking steps to try and fix this problem by encouraging communication from those clients. The leads are legitimate (but the occasional spam lead does come through and our members are welcome to flag these). If you have any other concerns, please reach out to us at help@gigsalad.com or call 866-788-GIGS. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to continue improving our users' experience on GigSalad.com.
nosaladf
1/20/19

I am a performer and have been on Gig salad approx 2 years (or there about) and I decided to go with the "Free" membership with the intentions of upgrading to a paid membership once I got a bit more familiar with the site and what they had to offer in the way of leads. Fast forward to the present and I have received less than a handful of leads and NO GIGS! And needless to say I have not UPGRADED to a paid membership. From all I've read about GC the paid members get very little action as well. GS blows hardcore!!

My suggestion to performers is market yourself in other ways and for those looking for entertainment do the research yourself to find what your looking for in your area. GS blows hardcore!

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi there, we're sorry to hear that your Free membership didn't deliver the leads you were expecting. While the Free membership can work well for some, our paid members get up to 24x the leads of our free memberships. Our Free membership has limited features and visibility - so if your area or category has a lot of competition, that's likely the reason that you didn't receive very many leads. We'd love to offer you a discount on a paid membership to compare the experiences of each level of our platform. If you're interested, please send us an email to help@gigsalad.com or call 866-788-GIGS. Thank you for your feedback!
carac20
12/3/18

As an artist previously listed on GigSalad, I urge you not to use this site. They are all take and no give. If you need a musician/artist, go out into the world and find them yourself! All you are doing when you find somebody on one of these sites is taking money out of the artists' pockets. Customer service is so awful with this company! It's not even possible for an artist to delete their account. What kind of scam is that? They say they keep them for records? What? I had to call in and talk to 2 different people to get my account deleted and I still don't trust that they actually did it. Awful. Just awful.

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Cara, thank you for your feedback. As we discussed on the phone, your profile was removed at your request. We would have no reason not to comply with your request - we simply wanted to let you know that your information may still appear in Google search results for a few weeks until their cache changes. If we can help with something further, please let us know. Thank you.
marias462
10/15/18

Worst business ever no business etiquette do not know how to answer the phone or return a phone call

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Maria, we're sorry to hear that you feel this way. Our normal business hours are Monday-Friday, 8a-5p CST and we strive to return all voicemails and answer all calls in a timely manner during this time. You can also reach us by email at help@gigsalad.com if you're unable to get through by phone. We pride ourselves on our customer service, so please accept our apologies if you feel that your issues haven't been addressed.
rebeccam152
9/11/18

o I hired a singer named Scott King from Gig Salad to entertain for a small Christmas party I had for 2 years in a row.
Today I got a weird message from someone on my cell phone.He was looking for another booking I guess. I asked who it was and since I have sold that business asked him to remove my personal cell phone # from his contacts. He flew in a seemingly drunk rant on me out of nowhere! I don't know this man at all and paid him in full each time + tip!. They need to screen who they recommend on Gig Salad. These people are coming into our homes! This is seriously concerning. I will see who at Gig Salad is responsible for vetting these referrals but stay away from this one!

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Rebecca, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We would be happy to help look into this matter if you'd like to contact us directly. From what I can tell, you left a 5-star rating for the performer so we were unaware that anything was wrong. Please call us at 866-788-GIGS or email us at help@gigsalad.com. Thank you.
michelleg226
3/31/18

For 2 months Chef Charles and I have been planning this dinner party for 14. He said he would arrive by 3pm yesterday and have appetizers ready at 5:30pm. At 3:30 I texted him, no response. At 4 I left a voice mail. Then at 4:07 he texted that his van broke down and he would give me a refund. Great, but what am I going to feed 14 people? I contacted GigSalad but still haven't heard back from them.
He left us in such a bad situation I can't believe it. I will NEVER use GigSalad again. WHAT WAS I THINKING? I am going through personal referrals and face-to-face interviews. The chef did not seem flakey, he had a website. That website is gone now. Wish I could give them zero stars. I am SO angry. Please don't try to use them.

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Michelle, we are so deeply sorry at the experience you had with one of our vendors. Thankfully you booked through the platform and we were able to process a refund for you - if booking directly with the vendor you may not have gotten that money back. I know this doesn't fix the disappointment of your ruined dinner party, but we take instances like this very seriously. The chef was immediately removed from our site so this doesn't happen to anyone else. Again, please accept our apologies and let us know if there's anything else we can do to rectify the situation.
emaduddeenl
1/10/18

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry that some of you have had problems with their web site but out of all the web sites I tried, they are the best for me. I already had bad experiences with Gigmasters and because one of their customers hired me as a DJ and my web page over there stated I was mostly an EDM DJ. Apparently, the customer did not read that fact which was in big bold letters. After I started the music the party host said "This is not good" and after the gig I got poor ratings and that ruined it for me on that web site. I did not get any more gigs so I dropped that site like a hot potato.

Now for the good news. I started out with gigsalad using the free account doing balloon twisting. I started to get gigs and I asked for review when each gig was over. I used some of the money I made from the gigs to upgrade to the "Pro" membership level and got more gigs. Later, I used money form the gigs to upgrade to the "Featured" level. Now I have achieved "Top Performer" status with them and I currently have 126 reviews. I think I may have the most reviews on their site. Anyway, for me they are the best source of income and they are worth all the money I put into the membership levels because it pays for itself with the profits I get from my gigs.

You can see my page over there at:https://www.gigsalad.com/emad_the_twister_lowell

Truly,
Emad-ud-deen
Emad The Twister

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Emad-ud-deen, thank you for your kind words. We love providing a platform that helps performers like you make a living doing what you love! Sounds like you've found a way to make GigSalad work for you and we're glad you've been able to achieve Top Performer status! And wow, that amount of reviews might be a record! :) We appreciate your feedback and hope to keep delivering a product that works well for you.
alexi870
12/17/17

If you want to break the reputation of your business - Use It ! If you want to humiliate your business - use it !!! Only for Cheap Customers who want to get Pro service for the HALF Price (usually for quarter of your regular rate !!!) + a Lot of Fake requests !!! (some times it looks that Gig Salad team does it !!!) I Did Mistake ! I Did Big Mistake !!!

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Alex, we're sorry that you were unhappy with our services. Rest assured, our team does not send fake leads - and if a lead is suspected to be fake, you're more than welcome to flag it so we can look into its legitimacy. Most of the clients using GigSalad are planning private events so their budgets may be lower than someone booking corporate events (but we do get those leads, too). Our vendors are welcome to decline any leads that they don't feel are a good fit. We'd be happy to explain things further if you'd like! Please call us at 866-788-GIGS or email us at help@gigsalad.com.
angelas172
5/25/17

I had a vendor from their site Google my name, find out I owned a business and start harassing my employees all because I didnt respond to his bid on the site. Keep in mind there are no phone numbers on my profile and the event is unrelated to my business. STAY AWAY!! I called customer care and they DO NOT CARE. I calmly explained the situation to the man I spoke with and he literally could not have cared any less. ZERO STARS.

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Angela, I'm truly sorry for this experience. Our Customer Happiness Team is absolutely concerned with this type of behavior from our vendors and we'd like a chance to remedy the situation. The response from the team member who said he didn't care is unacceptable. Please email us at help@gigsalad.com or call us at 866-788-GIGS so we can discuss this further.
toms288
1/20/17

After scheduling our first gig through this horrible company, the customer refused to provide important details, such as confirming the location of their event & wardrobe, both of which we obviously needed to be their artist model. We contacted the customer prior to their event a MINIMUM of 5 times by text, voice mail, and email and got NO response. At that point, we had no idea if the event was cancelled or if the customer had moved, died, or whatnot. In fact, if gig salad had looked at our last correspondence to the customer through their OWN email notification system, they would have been well aware of what was going on and that we had tried many times to contact the customer. If gig salad had done so, they would have known we had done everything in our power to move forward with our booking. After the date of the event passed and we saw our 1-star review on their site, it was easy to figure out what happened. For whatever reason, the customer found a replacement for us, which is fine, but in order to justify getting their nonrefundable deposit back through gig salad, they chose not to reply to us so that it would look like we failed to appear at their eventbut they had basically forced us not to show up. Then they gave us the poor review to justify their actions to gig salad. Its unfortunate that people will stoop to such a scheme for their own personal gain at the expense of others, but outrageous that gig salad was complicit in it. Beware!!!

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Tom, we're sorry about your experience with our platform. Please reach out to us by email at help@gigsalad.com or call 866-788-GIGS so we can discuss this with you. Thank you.
mattg71
1/13/17

You'd think for a company with such a professional looking website, they could answer a message now and then.

I had an important event I needed to book a character for, and they pulled the request for quotes! After receiving no response from the company, my only recourse was to visit review sites like this and see where the problem was. It sounds like their customer service is sub-par or non-existent, among other organizational flaws.

This is the second time this month they've been unable to provide me with the services I required. Such a waste of time, it's a shame. At least I have some competitor's names I can go to now.

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Matt, we're sorry that you were unhappy with our decision to remove your request. Typically, the costumed characters who advertise on our site are looking to be hired for private events or parties, and most of them specialize in children's party entertainment. The request you sent included the following details: "We can duck out for a Gringos Locos taco break if we dance up a powerful hunger. I expect insane amounts of dancing, wear comfortable shoes. Costumes that cover the face are not permitted." Since this lead did not coincide with the trends on our site it was removed for suspicious activity in the best interest of our vendors. If you'd like further clarification, please contact us at help@gigsalad.com or call us at 866-788-GIGS. Thank you.
pamh49
12/20/16

Bob Dasher (AKA) CRUISING SANTA....was the Santa we hired for our family Christmas Party this year and he was the best Santa we have ever had. He was not in a hurry and just rushed thru the kids which is important to children. He and Mrs. Claus were right on time and the kids loved him. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a Santa for their party.

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Pam, thank you for your kind words! We're so glad that Santa Bob helped make your party memorable. Santa Clauses are among our most magical vendors and we hope you consider booking Santa Bob again in the future!
greggp4
4/24/16

I paid for a month of Gig Salad. It said that you could have multiple categories yet there are only a couple of categories available for photographers. During the month, I received absolutely no events to bid on. You can list on Gig Salad for free, but you are only allowed one category. Over the year or two I have been listed, I have only received about a half dozen events to bid on. Ironically, I did engage one event as a free member which I appreciate, but I won't pay $30 a month (plus any booking fees) for no events to bid on.

Gig Salad does not work for photographers.

Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Gregg, thank you for your feedback. We're glad you were able to book a gig using the Free membership and we understand that the paid version doesn't always make fiscal sense for some. We're always striving to bring more leads for each of our categories and help photographers like yourself make a living doing what you love. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and feel free to reach out directly if we can answer any questions.

Hi Christine, our Customer Happiness Team can be reached Monday-Friday, 8a-5p CST by phone at 417-889-9909 or email at help@gigsalad.com. We'd be happy to answer any questions for you. Thank you!

By Megan P., GigSalad Representative

Hi Adam, Thanks for your question! We have thousands of performers who make a living using GigSalad every day. We have also helped over 1.5 million+ clients find amazing event services and entertainment for their events since 2007. It may be difficult to post those stories on this site, but you can check out https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.gigsalad.com to peruse the multitude of happy users. We'd be happy to walk you through the process of how GigSalad works and tips to make your profile more optimized for more leads and bookings. Please feel free to email us at help@gigsalad.com or call us at 417-889-9909. Thank you!

By Megan P., GigSalad Representative

Hi Mark, We have only been reviewed a few times on this site, and most seem to be by disgruntled users. Those 20 reviews are no way the reflective voice of our over 2 million users. You can see a much more well-rounded view of our company by visiting Trustpilot.com. We'd encourage you to read our responses to the low reviews, too, so that you get the whole story. To answer your question about fees, we take 2.5% from bookings for our paid members, and 5% from bookings for our free members. If you have any further questions, feel free to email us at help@gigsalad.com or call 417-889-9909. Thank you!

By Megan P., GigSalad Representative

Hi Stacey, I'm sorry that this site (and your question) wasn't on our radar until now, but if you're planning anything this year, we'd love to help. Please call us at 417-889-9909 or email us at help@gigsalad.com. Thank you!

By Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GigSalad staff and other customers.

3 Photos for GigSalad