Review of GigSalad

Tel: +1-417-889-9909
help@gigsalad.com

marronc
11/19/19
The jobs I have booked through GigSalad have all been great. I like GigSalad because you can set your own rate, and negotiate before sending a quote. You're really working for yourself. What people need to remember is GigSalad is a PLATFORM, they are not the event police, and there is a certain amount of risk involved always when you have to rely on people. My suggestion for anyone using GigSalad, whether you are hiring or being hired is, make sure to have a phone conversation/interview with the other party and verbally agree to all the details. If you book someone months in advance, make sure you are following up leading up to the event. If you are totally professional on both sides, events can turn out great. Just remember that you are dealing with PEOPLE, and the rest isn't GigSalad's fault.
kateh189
11/17/19
Seems like most gigs people don't get back to me or decline it altogether
For the annual fee I paid I hope things improve.
georged290
11/16/19
Santa Service is smooth when your agent knows what their doing. The best part is payday, Clients pay Gig Salad, Gig Salad pays bank & I get the money. (no hassle what-so-ever )
arthurg89
11/15/19
I been with gigsalad for about 6 years, and I have advertise with other business but as far as Im concern gigsalad is the best. Thank you for your good services. P.S thank you Megan and staff.
howardv12
11/13/19
Honest and dependable. Would highly recommend to other professionals. I have been very impressed with the follow - up and accuracy.
Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Thank you, Howard! We appreciate your kind words!
terryf200
11/13/19
Been in the entertainment business for 40 years. Payment is due on the day, not one to two business days as you have suggested. Also thought we chose the free part to gig salad. Why is $ been taken from our quote. Please respond. Thank you.
Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Terry, thanks for your question! As a Free member with us, you're not paying a membership fee to get leads and bookings with us. So yes, we do have a 5% booking fee on each booked gig. We feel this is a fair fee and hope you do, too! If you prefer to get paid the day of the gig, you can take advantage of our "Marked as Booked" feature and handle the payment yourself. Please call us at 417-889-9909 or email us at help@gigsalad.com if you'd like more information on how that works. Thank you!
claudeo
11/12/19
I have used Gig Salad for four years as a Santa. I use them exclusively. Their service is comprehensive, professional and overall excellent. I have over 50 bookings this season even though I am the highest priced Santa in our market. Every time I call them they answer on the second ring and have a answer immediately. Their fee collection and payment is excellent.
Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Claude, we're happy the platform is working for you! We hope you have a wonderful holiday season!
cathleens15
11/11/19
Customer Service is always available, and helpful. Website is easy to use for clients, and myself. I have a 5 star rating, which means the people I employ are very good at what they do, and the clients are 5 star clients!
Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Cathleen, we love helping members like you make a living doing what you love! Thanks for the kind words.
robb237
11/6/19
GigSalad.com is great online resource for people and organizations looking for and wanting to book entertainment for their special events. I've been a registered vendor with G.S. (based in Toronto, Canada) for the past five years, during which time G.S. has provided me with lots of new leads and some new clients as well. All good G.S. -- thank you!
Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Rob, we love hearing this! Thank you!
caroll371
11/5/19
I've had nothing but great experiences with the expedience in
working with Gigsalad. Events for my psychic entertainment
services are clearly presented, communication works and payment
is prompt. Thank, guys!
Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Carol, you're very welcome! Thank you for your awesome feedback!
amandas608
10/30/19
GigSalad.com isn't willing to put people above profits. One of their entertainers cancelled on my event at the last minute -- after being booked & paid for 2 months -- simply because they negligently double-booked. The entertainer (a Santa Claus hired for a party for children) made no effort at all to make it right. GigSalad's "worry free guarantee" is nothing more than a refund. When a vendor waits until late in the game to cancel, a refund doesn't create a "worry free" outcome. We don't need a refund, we need a last-minute Santa. A company that provides this type of service is only as good as the talent they contract, and GigSalad isn't willing to stop advertising for a vendor as long as they're making them money. As a business owner, I know that anyone I contract to serve my clients is an extension of my business. Sadly, GigSalad doesn't subscribe to that line of thinking. I recommend considering a more reliable option before booking with them.
Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Amanda, we're sorry that you feel this way. We issued a full refund and attempted to help you find a new Santa Claus. There was over a month until your event and we extended all ways of assistance that are possible when a vendor cancels. If there is anything more we can do, please let us know.
dylans109
10/30/19
I highly recommend Gigsalad, as the finest platform, connecting clients of all sorts with the music to best suit their occasion. 5 stars!
Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Dylan, thank you! We're glad you're loving the service.
kg154
10/27/19
This year I moved to a new area where nobody really new me. With GigSalad I was able to immediately start receiving gigs in my new area. Thanks!!!
Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi K., how awesome! Glad to hear this!
berts40
10/26/19
GigSalad is working just as I'd hoped, I'm getting lots of leads and have booked several gigs.I'm very pleased with how it works, very simple especially for a free member. I plan to upgrade to paid membership soon.

Bert Sternal
Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Bert, we're so happy that you're getting lots of leads! Have a wonderful holiday season!
jeffs860
10/26/19
Easy to work with and a site that is understandable with quick response.
I look forward with working with you for a long time.
Thank you very much.
tonys564
10/26/19
Gigsalad has been a significant boost to how I get bookings - they're a great value for what you get. While the membership is probably worth the benefits, I've been doing great with the free subscription. I would definitely recommend it!
sm448
10/23/19
As an independent event entertainer, I use this site for booking leads, but I'm quickly learning that their fees are really, really high. Example: someone booked me for a gig where my total fee was $150. After GigSalad took their portion and deducted another fee for PayPal, my total was only $124.50 and they still charged the client an additional fee as well!
--And this isn't even their subscription service (I don't live in an area with clientele that could support the event fees required to make GigSalad's subscription anywhere near affordable.)

You also have to pay a fee to list other events on the site calendar, leading to booking leads you can't use because the time is already blocked (last check, that fee was between $5-8).

I either have to raise my prices to use this service (which will impact the number of clients I can help) or find another way to get my name out there.

If you're just starting out, it's a helpful way to find leads, but I wouldn't recommend this as a long-term plan.
Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi S., thank you for your feedback! I'd love to clarify a few things for you. You're correct, we do take a portion of each booking. However, at 2.5% for paid members, or 5% for free members (like yourself) we hope that you find that to be a reasonable charge for delivering leads your way! We do not charge PayPal fees, so I'm sorry if you misunderstood that. PayPal itself may charge you a fee for moving your money around, but GigSalad always covers the delivery fee for you. We also offer direct deposit as a payout option so you can avoid PayPal fees altogether. Our subscription fees are flexible, with 2 tiers at 3, 6, or 12-month options to help fit almost any budget. Our sales team is always available to speak with if you'd like to discuss trying our paid service at a discounted rate. In regard to your comment about paying to post your events on your calendar - I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. We don't charge to post events on your calendar. If you wouldn't mind reaching out to our Customer Happiness Team at 417-889-9909 or help@gigsalad.com, we can discuss that feature with you! Thank you again for your feedback and I hope I've helped clear up some confusion for you.
anthonys688
10/22/19
It is very easy to work with Gig Salad. Ive been doing so for 3 years and never have encountered any problem
Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
That's great, Anthony! Thank you for sharing.
raulo11
10/16/19
Been using for 10 years+ as a musician, Its a platform that works, they have been continuously improving, the more you put into it the more you'll get out of it.
Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Hi Raul, we couldn't agree more! We're so glad it's working for you.
lancev10
10/16/19
I recently booked a gig through GigSalad. It's for a client I would not have met if it were not for GigSalad. Thanks for the help!
Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
We love hearing stories like this, Lance! Thank you for being a part of our community.
gerryt20
10/13/19
Gig salad helped me lock in this party! They made a call to confirm the gig wasn't booked and they eventually booked me. Great teamwork
Response from Megan P., GigSalad Representative
We're glad we could help get that gig locked in for you! Thanks, Gerry!
taniao9
10/10/19
I'm signed up for a free/basic GigSalad membership. Most of the leads I get are not useful to me or any of the various ensembles I book. Still, for the few gigs it's added to the schedule this has proven to be a very reliable and well thought out operation. Some hiccups early on, but the system has been improved.
After several years using GigSalad, I'm not going to become a paid member -- most of the leads I get don't fit into my tour schedule -- but I am very satisfied with the service I get for the commissions I pay on the occasional gigs that do work out.

Tip for consumers: It's probably most worthwhile for performers who want local private event (wedding, funeral, etc) and nursing home gigs. If that were what I was looking for, I would try the paid membership.

rayp117
10/8/19
Great service, I would highly recommend GigSalad to anyone trying to expand their business..I've gotten a few different opportunities just based off this service(free) alone!..
leishaj
10/8/19
I enjoy referring my clients to book me on gig salad. It is safe and convenient for me as an artist and also for the client as well.
juliusb107
10/7/19
I'm on my second year which speaks for itself. Initially, it took a couple of months to get rolling, but once you have some reviews, you are off and running. Respond to inquiries quickly and send follow-up materials - current song lists - upcoming schedule of performances. Great site!!

Hi Christine, our Customer Happiness Team can be reached Monday-Friday, 8a-5p CST by phone at 417-889-9909 or email at help@gigsalad.com. We'd be happy to answer any questions for you. Thank you!

By Megan P., GigSalad Representative

Hi Mark, We have only been reviewed a few times on this site, and most seem to be by disgruntled users. Those 20 reviews are no way the reflective voice of our over 2 million users. You can see a much more well-rounded view of our company by visiting Trustpilot.com. We'd encourage you to read our responses to the low reviews, too, so that you get the whole story. To answer your question about fees, we take 2.5% from bookings for our paid members, and 5% from bookings for our free members. If you have any further questions, feel free to email us at help@gigsalad.com or call 417-889-9909. Thank you!

By Megan P., GigSalad Representative

Hi Adam, Thanks for your question! We have thousands of performers who make a living using GigSalad every day. We have also helped over 1.5 million+ clients find amazing event services and entertainment for their events since 2007. It may be difficult to post those stories on this site, but you can check out https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.gigsalad.com to peruse the multitude of happy users. We'd be happy to walk you through the process of how GigSalad works and tips to make your profile more optimized for more leads and bookings. Please feel free to email us at help@gigsalad.com or call us at 417-889-9909. Thank you!

By Megan P., GigSalad Representative

Hi Stacey, I'm sorry that this site (and your question) wasn't on our radar until now, but if you're planning anything this year, we'd love to help. Please call us at 417-889-9909 or email us at help@gigsalad.com. Thank you!

By Megan P., GigSalad Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GigSalad staff and other customers.

GigSalad?