Review of GigSalad

Tel: +1-417-889-9909
help@gigsalad.com

maryp491
2/26/19

Lots of requests where the "client" doesn't leave a phone number and never reads your quote or response. The inquiries seem fake. There are many better ways to market your company.

nosaladf
1/20/19

I am a performer and have been on Gig salad approx 2 years (or there about) and I decided to go with the "Free" membership with the intentions of upgrading to a paid membership once I got a bit more familiar with the site and what they had to offer in the way of leads. Fast forward to the present and I have received less than a handful of leads and NO GIGS! And needless to say I have not UPGRADED to a paid membership. From all I've read about GC the paid members get very little action as well. GS blows hardcore!!

My suggestion to performers is market yourself in other ways and for those looking for entertainment do the research yourself to find what your looking for in your area. GS blows hardcore!

carac20
12/3/18

As an artist previously listed on GigSalad, I urge you not to use this site. They are all take and no give. If you need a musician/artist, go out into the world and find them yourself! All you are doing when you find somebody on one of these sites is taking money out of the artists' pockets. Customer service is so awful with this company! It's not even possible for an artist to delete their account. What kind of scam is that? They say they keep them for records? What? I had to call in and talk to 2 different people to get my account deleted and I still don't trust that they actually did it. Awful. Just awful.

marias462
10/15/18

Worst business ever no business etiquette do not know how to answer the phone or return a phone call

rebeccam152
9/11/18

o I hired a singer named Scott King from Gig Salad to entertain for a small Christmas party I had for 2 years in a row.
Today I got a weird message from someone on my cell phone.He was looking for another booking I guess. I asked who it was and since I have sold that business asked him to remove my personal cell phone # from his contacts. He flew in a seemingly drunk rant on me out of nowhere! I don't know this man at all and paid him in full each time + tip!. They need to screen who they recommend on Gig Salad. These people are coming into our homes! This is seriously concerning. I will see who at Gig Salad is responsible for vetting these referrals but stay away from this one!

michelleg226
3/31/18

For 2 months Chef Charles and I have been planning this dinner party for 14. He said he would arrive by 3pm yesterday and have appetizers ready at 5:30pm. At 3:30 I texted him, no response. At 4 I left a voice mail. Then at 4:07 he texted that his van broke down and he would give me a refund. Great, but what am I going to feed 14 people? I contacted GigSalad but still haven't heard back from them.
He left us in such a bad situation I can't believe it. I will NEVER use GigSalad again. WHAT WAS I THINKING? I am going through personal referrals and face-to-face interviews. The chef did not seem flakey, he had a website. That website is gone now. Wish I could give them zero stars. I am SO angry. Please don't try to use them.

emaduddeenl
1/10/18

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry that some of you have had problems with their web site but out of all the web sites I tried, they are the best for me. I already had bad experiences with Gigmasters and because one of their customers hired me as a DJ and my web page over there stated I was mostly an EDM DJ. Apparently, the customer did not read that fact which was in big bold letters. After I started the music the party host said "This is not good" and after the gig I got poor ratings and that ruined it for me on that web site. I did not get any more gigs so I dropped that site like a hot potato.

Now for the good news. I started out with gigsalad using the free account doing balloon twisting. I started to get gigs and I asked for review when each gig was over. I used some of the money I made from the gigs to upgrade to the "Pro" membership level and got more gigs. Later, I used money form the gigs to upgrade to the "Featured" level. Now I have achieved "Top Performer" status with them and I currently have 126 reviews. I think I may have the most reviews on their site. Anyway, for me they are the best source of income and they are worth all the money I put into the membership levels because it pays for itself with the profits I get from my gigs.

You can see my page over there at:https://www.gigsalad.com/emad_the_twister_lowell

Truly,
Emad-ud-deen
Emad The Twister

alexi870
12/17/17

If you want to break the reputation of your business - Use It ! If you want to humiliate your business - use it !!! Only for Cheap Customers who want to get Pro service for the HALF Price (usually for quarter of your regular rate !!!) + a Lot of Fake requests !!! (some times it looks that Gig Salad team does it !!!) I Did Mistake ! I Did Big Mistake !!!

angelas172
5/25/17

I had a vendor from their site Google my name, find out I owned a business and start harassing my employees all because I didnt respond to his bid on the site. Keep in mind there are no phone numbers on my profile and the event is unrelated to my business. STAY AWAY!! I called customer care and they DO NOT CARE. I calmly explained the situation to the man I spoke with and he literally could not have cared any less. ZERO STARS.

toms288
1/20/17

After scheduling our first gig through this horrible company, the customer refused to provide important details, such as confirming the location of their event & wardrobe, both of which we obviously needed to be their artist model. We contacted the customer prior to their event a MINIMUM of 5 times by text, voice mail, and email and got NO response. At that point, we had no idea if the event was cancelled or if the customer had moved, died, or whatnot. In fact, if gig salad had looked at our last correspondence to the customer through their OWN email notification system, they would have been well aware of what was going on and that we had tried many times to contact the customer. If gig salad had done so, they would have known we had done everything in our power to move forward with our booking. After the date of the event passed and we saw our 1-star review on their site, it was easy to figure out what happened. For whatever reason, the customer found a replacement for us, which is fine, but in order to justify getting their nonrefundable deposit back through gig salad, they chose not to reply to us so that it would look like we failed to appear at their eventbut they had basically forced us not to show up. Then they gave us the poor review to justify their actions to gig salad. Its unfortunate that people will stoop to such a scheme for their own personal gain at the expense of others, but outrageous that gig salad was complicit in it. Beware!!!

mattg71
1/13/17

You'd think for a company with such a professional looking website, they could answer a message now and then.

I had an important event I needed to book a character for, and they pulled the request for quotes! After receiving no response from the company, my only recourse was to visit review sites like this and see where the problem was. It sounds like their customer service is sub-par or non-existent, among other organizational flaws.

This is the second time this month they've been unable to provide me with the services I required. Such a waste of time, it's a shame. At least I have some competitor's names I can go to now.

pamh49
12/20/16

Bob Dasher (AKA) CRUISING SANTA....was the Santa we hired for our family Christmas Party this year and he was the best Santa we have ever had. He was not in a hurry and just rushed thru the kids which is important to children. He and Mrs. Claus were right on time and the kids loved him. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a Santa for their party.

greggp4
4/24/16

I paid for a month of Gig Salad. It said that you could have multiple categories yet there are only a couple of categories available for photographers. During the month, I received absolutely no events to bid on. You can list on Gig Salad for free, but you are only allowed one category. Over the year or two I have been listed, I have only received about a half dozen events to bid on. Ironically, I did engage one event as a free member which I appreciate, but I won't pay $30 a month (plus any booking fees) for no events to bid on.

Gig Salad does not work for photographers.

It's very easy to get a hold of customer service. The proper question is: How easy is it to get customer service to actually help you? Answer: Nearly Impossible. They are very rude and not helpful.

By Cara C.

No, there are no success stories. Artists (or vendors as they call us *angry face*) pay GigSalad money to put their profile higher up on the list, then customers pay GigSalad to book those artists who have paid to have their listing put higher, then Gigsald takes MORE money from those artists who have already paid to be at the top of the list. Success? Yeah, for greedy GigSalad.

By Cara C.

Hi Stacey, if you are thinking of a future fundraiser in 2019, and I happen to be in your area, I would be happy to extend my services to you and KAPS. My name is Brian Hook and I am based in San Diego, CA, but I travel nationwide. I provide up to 20 benefit shows per year utilizing my comedy hypnosis show. The show is clean and funny, but keep in mind its an audience participation show. I ask for volunteers who want to be hypnotized. No one is forced and is not recommended since people have to want to experience hypnosis. If you know any clubs or organizations that need any fundraisers, let them know of me. If you have any contacts out here in California ( San Diego or Los Angeles) pass my number on to them. Brian Hook Enterprises 619-715-9567

By Brian H.
Questions? Get answers from the GigSalad staff and other customers.

GigSalad?