Review of Punchbowl

50 Speen Street
privacy@punchbowl.com

janes423
4/23/19

I keep getting charged and I didn't even sign up for a membership. What gives? And there is no phone number listed to talk to a real person. I would like to report this company to The Better Business Bureau.

sandraz31
3/14/19

This company has fraudulently charged 100's of dollars on one of my accounts. Not sure how they accomplished this. Beware and tell everyone you know about this rip off agency

roser110
3/8/19

You spend hours designing and inputting email addresses for a supposedly free evite! What a joke! Then you get to the end of the process and the ONLY way to send out your evite without ugly pop up ads is to buy a membership for $30/month! Use must keep your membership in effect until your event so I would have paid a minimum of $90 for a 30 person bridal shower! Insanity! No ability to just pay a fair price per evite up front! A very unethical company!!!

kristinf48
2/8/19

DO NOT USE THIS APP!!!! plain & simple. Unless u want the party to be ruined & no1 show up & then get charged $60-$80 for a "free trial" that ends to soon & THE MOMENT U EMAIL THEM THEY WILL CHARGE YOUR CARD!!!! DONT USE PINCHBOWL.COM

nilzas
11/20/18

I subscribed to this site for a non-profit and sent evites to approx 500 people 3 times a year. We changed our way of sending invites, therefore, we tried to cancel the subscription. We were told that we cannot get prorated for not using the site, not happy about it. We asked to please cancel for the following year. To our surprise, they charged the account again. I called them and here we go again! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE

tovahg
7/23/18

This invite not user friendly- could to cancel free trial. Wasn't worried, since they said it was only a few dollars a month. When I tried to cancel, my recorded password didn't work and I was locked out. Canceled after 2 weeks and they charged for a year. Unusable.

hilarya7
2/1/18

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!! THEY CHARGED ME $83.88 IN 2016, 2017, AND 2018. I USED THIS COMPANY ONCE WITH A COMPLIMENTARY OFFER. THEY WILL NOT REFUND ALL THEIR CHARGES...SO, FOR ONE COMPLIMENTARY E-CARD IT COST ME $83.88 IN 2016 AND $83.88 IN 2017 (THE CHARGES THEY REFUSE TO REFUND). THIS IS THEIR MOTTO, DO NOT BELIEVE THEM:
Customer service is in our DNA. We know that your celebration matters, and we'll do whatever we can to help you. If you're a marketer, reach out to learn about our unique programs. If you're looking for a new career, check out our current openings. If you are a member of the press, we'd love to hear from you.

ellenk30
1/23/18

Missed cancellation of the free trial period and was charged $80+ even though I cancelled, and although I don't use and can't afford. Going through a lot, including young child in wheelchair with broken foot and severe financial and personal issues. I asked if they would consider a refund, even partial -- they said no, that there was a 30 day window that closed. Nothing said there was a 30 day window when I could have requested refund when I cancelled immediately after the charge. I read it carefully.

No e-card is worth $80+, and no company that can see a customer only used them once and cancelled right after they were charged that $80+ but won't refund is worth giving your business to.

jc383
12/6/17

Unfortunately I made the mistake of buying the expensive version, which I did not realize was in US dollars. (I live in Canada), and I would NEVER pay $60+ dollars for an app! I can create my own on my computer and am not stuck with all the ads, constant request to send gift cards and malfunctioning options for my e-cards! Never, ever will I spend money on this type of app again! BEWARE! Even though my renewal was up on the 5h, and I had let them know via iTunes, by the end of that day, on the 5th, they had already charged my credit card! Weird thing is this, it showed up on my credit card, but it did not show up in the iTunes Store account information page at all! Why? I had already cancelled the subscription in iTunes, so I suspect that is why! Punchbowl, still went after my money! I now have to prove that they did so in error, and on, and on, it goes! In the meantime, I am out $61.28! That's wrong, right before Christmas! Grrrr. Bah Humbug!

alanw90
9/4/17

You think that you will get a valuable service for free. What you actually get is lured into investing time and energy creating something of importance to you (an invitation to an event) which you find out, at the end, cannot be sent unless you allow tacky ads to be included in the card. The alternative? Pay Punchbowl $85 dollars -- an extortion fee, lest you loose the work you have done and have to start over with another provider. They could explain up front the terms of the agreement and let people decide for themselves if they want the product for the price. That is what an honest company would do.

amys242
6/5/17

Never, ever use Punchbowl. Half the invitations I sent out never reached the recipients. I double-checked that the email addresses were correct. By the time I figured out what happened, people couldn't make it because of too short notice. Punchbowl sucks.

catherined51
5/22/17

They cancelled the invitation i worked on for my 7 year old's birthday without telling me why. The party is in 5 days. i was wondering why i didn't hear back from the parents. my son is at school now. he is going to be so heartbroken if no one shows up because of the very little notice the parents have when i create a new one. i will never use Punchbowl again. They are HORRIBLE PEOPLE to do this to a 7 year old!!

jeanc82
4/24/17

I have sent a couple e-cards and included a convenient gift card. Unfortunately, i have never shopped or used Amazon, but there was nothing to say that you can only purchase out of the US. That said, the shipping, duty, taxes and exchange made it a total bust.... punchbowl originally told my friend that she could request the card 'stud value could be reimbursedone and changed to CDN funds. When I followed up with them they said that she had redeemed it so they couldn't do anything. She never did make the purchase. They stink.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO DO ONLINE GIFT GIVING OR SHOPPING- Use SHOP. CA, They are ABSOLUTELY GREAT. I have learned my lesson the hard way. I will make sure i spread the word..... Punchbowl may be convenient and their cards might be customizable, but the rest is a big fail.

harryh43
12/23/16

I like the cards on Punchbowl and use them almost monthly. BUT, imagine my surprise today when I tried to send a Christmas card that they now put ADS at the top of their cards, and will not take them off unless you buy the MOST EXPENSIVE subscription level. The ads make it look so incredibly cheap. If I want a cheap looking card I can just go to Walmart. At least their cards don't have dumb ads on them. I'm taking a hike and finding an ecard site that removes ads for any subscription. Does anyone have any recommendations for an alternative?

reviewro
7/10/15

I used the free trial version of Punchbowl to see if it would meet my birthday calendar/birthday card needs.

Likes:
- The birthday calendar works fantastically.
- They let you buy online gift certificates to give with the birthday card.

Hates:
- Their customer service are terrible. TERRIBLE.
The company has a policy for free accounts where you're limited to 10 cards a month. Great deal! I was excited to try their product and then buy a subscription.

Well, despite the company policy, I have only been able to send 8 cards in May and 6 cards in June.

When reaching out to Punchbowl customer service they not only *do not* assist in their company's card policy miscount, they bold face lie to you about their miscount. Both times I wrote them about the lower card limits and both times Punchbowl customer service told me I had actually created and sent cards that do not exist. And let me point out it's not easy to get confused by the company's easy to use interface. It shows you cards sent and when. Very simple to keep track of what you're doing. But Punchbowl customer service will make up cards that are not on your list. "Oh you sent "x" on "yz" date. That's why you can't use our service for the rest of the month."

Punchbowl customer service didn't help me in my inquiry, they actually took it a step further and lied about why they can't help - on two occasions, and then they offered me a discount code to get a subscription... lulz - gtfo here! There is no way I want to pay for subscription with total horse crap customer service. No thank you. I'm going to find and pay for a better subscription elsewhere.

Yes! The so called free trial is for 1 week and according to their customer service you must keep your membership in effect until your event so this is essentially a scam!

By Rose R.

Questions? Get answers from the Punchbowl staff and other customers.

Punchbowl?