Review of Eventbrite

Eventbrite reviews

Tel: +1 866-902-2531

lisac799
2/6/19

I put in multiple requests for a full refund. I purchased tickets to henny and paint feb 1st 10pm. When i got to the address listed on the tickets there was a man outside pretending he couldn't speak english and he wouldn't let us in. Im not sure what is going on but do not use event brite.

laurenelysed
1/1/19

So, me and a few friends heard about this party at Scottish Rite Temple in KCMO. We brought tickets online. We were supposed to get a table and champagne for $44.20. The website said that was party admission and we were good to go after that. We brought tickets way over a month ago. So, we get to the venue on New Year's Eve and they say that that covers the champagne, but not entry to get in. We show our emails and there was no way to print them out, so we thought we just showed the email, which said eticket. My friends and I proved that the email and site said nothing about an additional price. Eventually, they let us in, but we had to go to the ATM (because they're cash only) and give an additional $30 to cover the "difference" without the champagne. The open bar would have been fine, but half the drinks were garbage. Not enough variety. And the speakers were blown out. The party was decent, but not worth almost $80.

tiegang
1/1/19

Eventbrite, Inc does not care about the customers and allows for there to be scams and people to steal your money without backing up their customer basis. I just bought tickets for a New Years Bar Crawl in Boston. It promised a bunch of things like 4 free drinks, multiple bar access and a premium showing of the ball drop. I bought two tickets and when my friend and I went we found out it was a total scam!! There was no drinks, and when we showed up at the first bar they didn't know what we were talking about! They were having their own private function and look at us like we were crazy! We walked to the next couple of bars and they looked at us the same way! We didn't have anywhere to go and was stuck out in the rain on New Years eve with burnt plans. It was a huge scam and I lost close to $100 dollars on it! eventbrite won't give me my money back because of course it was nonrefundable. Of course it was, it was a scam!!! Eventbrite is a great forum for that because they don't enforce their event hosts to be accountable! You can't even get ahold of anyone at eventbrite they just send you in circles and circles. The event host hasn't responded to anyone of my friends requests and didn't put down any of their information!
Will be reporting to BBB and will not be suggesting anyone to have anything to do with them!

jasonb648
1/1/19

Paid for a half marathon event but they signed me up for a 5k. Impossible to get refund or any explanation of what happened. Got confirmation email and everything

jenniferr446
12/29/18

Purchased tickets; received email confirmation with electronic copy everything seemed fine until the day before the event I recieved an email that we had to get our tickets from will call with no explanation after asking customer service several times. Got to will call they said our e-tickets were fine. Got in line. Janus venue staff scanned our ticket and told us to go to will call. At this point I felt like someone was just messing with me. I will never purchase tickets through Eventbrite again.

philih
12/25/18

This holiday season it is a routine thing for events listed on Eventbrite to be cancelled at the very last minute. Venues of all types cancel their published event within a day or so of the listed time for the function. In many cases the money is refunded, but not all. Some of the holiday events this season should have been cancelled as well and were not. I'd show up and there would be very few people present but the party or event was allowed to continue. Very hit or miss with Eventbrite and mostly a miss.

daves557
12/8/18

Tickets bought 2 months in advance for an event advertised as being staged at a prestigious venue in the UK. 2 days before "event" was to take place, the venue had been changed to... now wait for it.... a warehouse behind a tattoo parlour in Liverpool docks... TRULY I KID YOU NOT !!!! It then became apparent when I attempted to get a refund that the "organisers" (shysters) had NO contact details and operated by mobile phones, and could eventbrite care less? No of course they couldn't they're happy to get their cut from the proceedings. Currently in the process of recouping the cash via the bank. On the left In the photo below is the initially advertised venue... and on the right was the venue changed to 2 days before the event.... And Eventbrite are happy to host these "organisers" repeatedly.

marys1088
12/6/18

I've read the previous reviews and I truly have yet to have a bad experience. I downloaded the app from Google play store, added my ZIP code and pretty much, they took it from there. Most of our local clubs and venues are listed, I click the Buy Tickets option and I immediately have tickets. They store my tickets on the app and also email me scannable tickets. I have an obsession with our local blue's clubs and musicians and for me, this app is PERFECT

roberts1580
11/3/18

Opened brand new Bank of America credit card ($19K limit) - purchased 1 ticket for Explorers Club event, NYC - an attempt to hack my acct. within ONLY 2 hrs appeared via email in my inbox.

Email said my acct. was locked (closed) please click link below and enter acct. # and password! ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Reported this email to Bank of America and they made me write this explanation and send everything via email to their FRAUD DIVISION...

Then researched Complaints filed against Eventbrite - 150 over the past three years & 50 within this year alone!

I'm assuming this California company is the culprit because of their past record and only 2 people knew of my new credit card # - Eventbrite & Bank of America.

Also reported this fraudulent activity to the billing / account dept at the Explorers Club, NYC!

michellem642
10/30/18

i have bought tickets through this site 3x the 1st 2 times the tickets were real, no problems so I felt safe buying my aftershock ticket for Sacramento, CA; It was $150. It should be noted that the last time i bought tickets was 2+ years previous and they were 20$ tickets, but still i felt safe getting tickets. I got a receipt and confirm email telling me i had to get their app downloaded to open my ticket, so i did all that time-consuming stuff before going to the event. Well the downloaded ticket looked real and opening it produced a ticket that showed a square bar code type thing. I get to the event and I am told that the real tickets only have traditional upc barcodes, i of course argue and show them my receipt, but reffered to box office tent, they look up code and at reciept and say that it it 100% a fake ticket and they cant help me. I tried to get a refund but they refer me to the promoter. I then look them up on the BBB--- they have 150+ complaints last 3 yrs with over 50 in the last year, and a rating of 1.5stars !! i cant believe they are in business still. PLEASE AVOID THEM!! it seems they have gotten much worse over the last couple years. I am going through my bank trying to get a refund for fraud. i caution you to look them up on the BBB

kyef
10/27/18

Purchased tickets to syd cbd mushroom racing. Well Jesus Christ what a mess. All the communication has been confusing, messy and unclear. Definitely were mislead into thinking the racing would be in cbd however is in eastern creek (massive difference) for how expensive this is this is rubbish. 100% want a refund as this has been so poorly organised and I have zero interest in attending due to how bad the communication and wrong info has been.

shawne47
10/16/18

Even for a free event, Eventbrite sucks. The interface is convoluted and inflexible. I'm an Art Director with more than 20 years experience. I have enough experience and technical know-how to know how bad Eventbrite is.

lisah633
10/12/18

DO NOT USE EVENTBRITE
15 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND GROUP OF FRIENDS TO FIND SHE HAS A FAKE TICKET.
DO NOT USE EVENTBRITE

prashantp12
8/30/18

in trying to get a refund from Eventbrite I discover that they are a scam operation even though their ticket says I can get a refund up to seven days before the event.
To get a refund I have to have an account where I can see my ticket.
To have an account I have to sign up.
To sign up I must have a password but which I do not have until I have an account.
So I must use forgot password which generates a mail from them.
Which comes with some delay and when I click the link even within a minute of receiving the mail I get a message on the log in page that says the password token has expired. I have gone through this cycle at least ten times!
So I will get my credit card to dispute the charge and so on.
And their website has no phone number to call or any chat or any e-mail to write to.

melissaf144
8/28/18

We run a small nonprofit that provides subsidized art classes to the community along with free outreach programs and monthly exhibits. We only charge $10/seat for most art classes where we provide the supplies and pay 50/50 to the teacher for their time. Eventbrite has gone from charging a semi reasonable amount to taking 25%. Greed.

terria59
8/5/18

I cannot believe that in good faith I undertook the planning of my class reunion. I sold tickets to my fellow classmates through Eventbrite. After the event was full, I tried to withdraw the money and was told that they would send bi-weekly payments to me AFTER the event. I have to pay for the event, the night of the event!!!!!! I do not have thousands of dollars to pay out. My classmates trusted me with this and NOW WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?????? FInally I got a phony email saying if I upgraded and gave them another $2.00 per ticket and 2.5% of my sales they would start sending my bi weekly payments before the event. It is 3 weeks away!!!!! No one will answer the phone and I got one fake email. I will sue this company!!!! DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!

danz31
7/22/18

Danny Forbes DMF productions Event was cancelled & promoter rescheduled event only to cancel again.
He's gone & so is my money
Eventbrite is impossible to deal with once payed!
Never Again will we have anything to do with anyone using this company!
Its a SCAM Artist's haven

hollig1
7/13/18

tried to purchase tickets to a Jackson Browne event in Woodstock NY and the checkout would come on and disappear, Eventbrite is a scam and shame on Levon Helm studios for using them.

danielm670
7/4/18

Do not buy ANY tickets from this company. We have twice and they are the biggest rip off and way over priced. We talked to other people that bought tickets on Groupon for 66% less.

amanm5
7/1/18

This is a site that caters to scammers promoting fake events! I bought a ticket for Social Media Advertising Seminar supposed to be conducted by some Mr. Robert Reyes. I even called his number 09053984499 and never got any reply after he told me that the event will be moved to a different date because of some venue problem. He sent me an invoice but when I paid full he did not send me the ticket. I tried calling and texting but he doesn't answer. If you are a victim, please report it to PNP Anti-Cybercrime Group at PNP Crame. You may reach out to them at 09985988116.

samc235
6/22/18

Bought ticket to an event and the site said must choose time slots.
Got to event and was told that no such thing. I showed them the site and info us screen prints I took
Afyer insist that I walk around and enjoy the event and not be herded like sheep they let me.
THE Government Needs Shut Down Such Sites And Firms Must Stop Use Them

michaels1467
5/27/18

Right now I've spent over two hours trying to get tickets for what I was charged for immediately after buying online yesterday at a movie showing at Hollywood Forever Cemetary. After that purchase there was no confirmation email, no tickets and zero customer service. I called and talked to Ticketfly which is listed as the entity which issues tickets. They said that the system was turned over to Eventbrite and couldn't help me. I went to their website and found a CS phone number - they are closed. I tried emailing them and was automatically notified it takes a week for them to respond to emails. I called Hollywood Forever Cemetary and they said to contact Eventbrite also. Back to their website, they are practiced at avoiding customers with complaints - there is no phone customer service available for them until Tuesday. I looked up the reviews about Eventbrite. Not flattering. Lots of people have been ripped off by them.

They now have my CC info! Be warned - do not do business with Eventbrite!

elainef53
5/19/18

Twice in the past few weeks, I've made a purchase on Eventbrite, my credit card was charged, and I received tickets for the event. But the event host never got my registration! It was as if I never signed up, and if I had not called to check on one situation, it would have cost me hundreds of dollars in travel only to find registration was full. Beware of bookings not getting through, unless this is just two coincidental exceptions.

heatherm241
4/25/18

I see now from the many online reviews that Eventbrite is known for hosting scam events and not refunding their customers when notified. Often showcasing negligent behavior. Avoid at all costs.

kendrac12
4/4/18

I've done many events using eventbrite, its easy to set up and manage basic event related tasks. I have noticed that if someone cancels their ticket EventBrite still charges the organizer a fee, I had to email them to tell them the problem. I also noticed that the customer gets charged for purchasing and you as the event organizer get charged a fee as well, so they are making fees on both sides of the transaction. Not to mention what the heck your payment processor charges (PayPal etc). Customer service is only accessible by email. Its great for free events, though. Organizers do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to sell tickets.

Do not trust it there are scammers, they r impossible to deal with as far as.customer service

By Lisa C.

Questions? Get answers from the Eventbrite staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Eventbrite