Review of Eventbrite

Eventbrite reviews

Tel: +1 866-902-2531

novaw6
7/9/19

I was looking for an event to schedule for my meetup group, and stumbled on a "Wealth Wisdom Seed & Harvest" event that is hosted at a local church. A church that claims to teach "financial literacy." Many times, people are scammed out of money, believing that if they "plant a seed," it will come back to them in the form of different kinds of wealth...well, this "seed" is often hard earned money of the congregants, and they keep giving more and more of their money. Yes, sometimes a seed refers to a good deed, etc., but not in this case--they are clearly referring to "economics" if you click on the link. They take quotes about "prosperity" from the Bible and distort them for their own financial gain. Please watch your susceptible family members--especially the elderly or disabled, who could be taken advantage of. Check out John Oliver's comedic, yet deadly serious look into these so-called "prosperity gospel" charlatans. He's a satirist, yes, but within satire contains the "seed" of truth. He exposes a scam that people cannot afford to ignore. I reported this event to EventBrite as fraudulent...they said they'd review it. Checked and it was still listed, so I reported it again, and this time, I also told the Jacksonville Police Department. The people of this town come to a church to pray, and not to be preyed upon. They are still recovering from Hurricane Florence, and its abominable to me that EventBrite would allow a charlatan like this to advertise an event that's going to bilk these trusting people out of their money. So far, the event is still listed as active. It's my hope that if you click on the link, EventBrite will have had the decency to make it inactive.

cigdemg
7/4/19

This cruise was $200 dollars. It was the worse experience in my life. They overbooked the boat. It was so many people you cannot even walk through to do anything. It felt like i was taking a train ride with million people. It was a big spam. They advertise to be the nice cruise with food dj and everything. We were not able to even walk through to get to a to b. The $13 dollar ferry rides to golden gate bridge has more room to walk around. This was the worse experience in my life. The instruction said to be in port 40 but it end up being someplace else and no announcement. We had to wait in a cold over an hour to get on this terrible boat. Please don't ever book any cruise from event bride .

jackier156
6/29/19

Still here 4 hours later and not one act we came to see. No air conditioning. A bunch of fraud. Got vip tickets and for what??? A bunch of fraud

logank40
6/21/19

I used Eventbrite recently to purchase tickets to a networking event. The website is easy to use and for the most part a great platform.

allanb85
4/30/19

If there was a '0' they would get it. Paid for an event in March back in January. Event was cancelled a week before, still trying to get a refund. No pone number two call. Have emailed twice and 'they will get back to me shortly.' Still waiting. Have lodged a complaint with the bank. If there are alternative ways to pay for an event, take it. Will never use EventBrite to pay for an event again.

tammya77
4/30/19

Worst experience I've had in my life. Charged over 240$ per ticket and did not live up to their ad description of what the event should have been. Unprofessional stab at performing, mediocre dinner with no beverage other than water. BUT, 2 huge cash bars set up - larger than the entertainment booths which were a joke ! Do not waste your money with this. Friends have found other events cash grabs and offering not much in return. If you want to throw money away, sign up for Eventbrite events..Toronto, ONT

Tip for consumers: Dont use Eventbrite they advertise rip off artists

eleonorat2
4/21/19

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM THEM!!! CANCELED THE SHOW ON THE DATE BECAUSE THEY DID NOT HAVE LICENCE !! CONTACTED TO THEM MANY TIMES, NOT RESPONDED!!! STILL WAITING REFUND!!!!

sophiee10
3/31/19

I went to see wizkid on march 30th, 2019. Worst waste of money, the tickets were wayyy over priced. I paid 75$ for a concert that was worth 10$. After waiting three hours, he showed up for the last 25 minutes of the show. Sound system was horrible and the dj/ artists before werent that great. They had a few dance numbers which were good but i didnt paid that much money to see a dance show. Wizkid only played three of his recent songs, all the others were old songs. I decided to never book with them again. Venue was bad also. Not impressed at all

seouquite
3/18/19

so you sign up for an event and they conveniently cancel the event. they dont offer refunds and this cycle is repeated. scam central and you might as well light your money on fire. stay away

lisac799
2/6/19

I put in multiple requests for a full refund. I purchased tickets to henny and paint feb 1st 10pm. When i got to the address listed on the tickets there was a man outside pretending he couldn't speak english and he wouldn't let us in. Im not sure what is going on but do not use event brite.

laurenelysed
1/1/19

So, me and a few friends heard about this party at Scottish Rite Temple in KCMO. We brought tickets online. We were supposed to get a table and champagne for $44.20. The website said that was party admission and we were good to go after that. We brought tickets way over a month ago. So, we get to the venue on New Year's Eve and they say that that covers the champagne, but not entry to get in. We show our emails and there was no way to print them out, so we thought we just showed the email, which said eticket. My friends and I proved that the email and site said nothing about an additional price. Eventually, they let us in, but we had to go to the ATM (because they're cash only) and give an additional $30 to cover the "difference" without the champagne. The open bar would have been fine, but half the drinks were garbage. Not enough variety. And the speakers were blown out. The party was decent, but not worth almost $80.

tiegang
1/1/19

Eventbrite, Inc does not care about the customers and allows for there to be scams and people to steal your money without backing up their customer basis. I just bought tickets for a New Years Bar Crawl in Boston. It promised a bunch of things like 4 free drinks, multiple bar access and a premium showing of the ball drop. I bought two tickets and when my friend and I went we found out it was a total scam!! There was no drinks, and when we showed up at the first bar they didn't know what we were talking about! They were having their own private function and look at us like we were crazy! We walked to the next couple of bars and they looked at us the same way! We didn't have anywhere to go and was stuck out in the rain on New Years eve with burnt plans. It was a huge scam and I lost close to $100 dollars on it! eventbrite won't give me my money back because of course it was nonrefundable. Of course it was, it was a scam!!! Eventbrite is a great forum for that because they don't enforce their event hosts to be accountable! You can't even get ahold of anyone at eventbrite they just send you in circles and circles. The event host hasn't responded to anyone of my friends requests and didn't put down any of their information!
Will be reporting to BBB and will not be suggesting anyone to have anything to do with them!

jasonb648
1/1/19

Paid for a half marathon event but they signed me up for a 5k. Impossible to get refund or any explanation of what happened. Got confirmation email and everything

jenniferr446
12/29/18

Purchased tickets; received email confirmation with electronic copy everything seemed fine until the day before the event I recieved an email that we had to get our tickets from will call with no explanation after asking customer service several times. Got to will call they said our e-tickets were fine. Got in line. Janus venue staff scanned our ticket and told us to go to will call. At this point I felt like someone was just messing with me. I will never purchase tickets through Eventbrite again.

philih
12/25/18

This holiday season it is a routine thing for events listed on Eventbrite to be cancelled at the very last minute. Venues of all types cancel their published event within a day or so of the listed time for the function. In many cases the money is refunded, but not all. Some of the holiday events this season should have been cancelled as well and were not. I'd show up and there would be very few people present but the party or event was allowed to continue. Very hit or miss with Eventbrite and mostly a miss.

daves557
12/8/18

Tickets bought 2 months in advance for an event advertised as being staged at a prestigious venue in the UK. 2 days before "event" was to take place, the venue had been changed to... now wait for it.... a warehouse behind a tattoo parlour in Liverpool docks... TRULY I KID YOU NOT !!!! It then became apparent when I attempted to get a refund that the "organisers" (shysters) had NO contact details and operated by mobile phones, and could eventbrite care less? No of course they couldn't they're happy to get their cut from the proceedings. Currently in the process of recouping the cash via the bank. On the left In the photo below is the initially advertised venue... and on the right was the venue changed to 2 days before the event.... And Eventbrite are happy to host these "organisers" repeatedly.

marys1088
12/6/18

I've read the previous reviews and I truly have yet to have a bad experience. I downloaded the app from Google play store, added my ZIP code and pretty much, they took it from there. Most of our local clubs and venues are listed, I click the Buy Tickets option and I immediately have tickets. They store my tickets on the app and also email me scannable tickets. I have an obsession with our local blue's clubs and musicians and for me, this app is PERFECT

roberts1580
11/3/18

Opened brand new Bank of America credit card ($19K limit) - purchased 1 ticket for Explorers Club event, NYC - an attempt to hack my acct. within ONLY 2 hrs appeared via email in my inbox.

Email said my acct. was locked (closed) please click link below and enter acct. # and password! ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Reported this email to Bank of America and they made me write this explanation and send everything via email to their FRAUD DIVISION...

Then researched Complaints filed against Eventbrite - 150 over the past three years & 50 within this year alone!

I'm assuming this California company is the culprit because of their past record and only 2 people knew of my new credit card # - Eventbrite & Bank of America.

Also reported this fraudulent activity to the billing / account dept at the Explorers Club, NYC!

michellem642
10/30/18

i have bought tickets through this site 3x the 1st 2 times the tickets were real, no problems so I felt safe buying my aftershock ticket for Sacramento, CA; It was $150. It should be noted that the last time i bought tickets was 2+ years previous and they were 20$ tickets, but still i felt safe getting tickets. I got a receipt and confirm email telling me i had to get their app downloaded to open my ticket, so i did all that time-consuming stuff before going to the event. Well the downloaded ticket looked real and opening it produced a ticket that showed a square bar code type thing. I get to the event and I am told that the real tickets only have traditional upc barcodes, i of course argue and show them my receipt, but reffered to box office tent, they look up code and at reciept and say that it it 100% a fake ticket and they cant help me. I tried to get a refund but they refer me to the promoter. I then look them up on the BBB--- they have 150+ complaints last 3 yrs with over 50 in the last year, and a rating of 1.5stars !! i cant believe they are in business still. PLEASE AVOID THEM!! it seems they have gotten much worse over the last couple years. I am going through my bank trying to get a refund for fraud. i caution you to look them up on the BBB

kyef
10/27/18

Purchased tickets to syd cbd mushroom racing. Well Jesus Christ what a mess. All the communication has been confusing, messy and unclear. Definitely were mislead into thinking the racing would be in cbd however is in eastern creek (massive difference) for how expensive this is this is rubbish. 100% want a refund as this has been so poorly organised and I have zero interest in attending due to how bad the communication and wrong info has been.

shawne47
10/16/18

Even for a free event, Eventbrite sucks. The interface is convoluted and inflexible. I'm an Art Director with more than 20 years experience. I have enough experience and technical know-how to know how bad Eventbrite is.

lisah633
10/12/18

DO NOT USE EVENTBRITE
15 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND GROUP OF FRIENDS TO FIND SHE HAS A FAKE TICKET.
DO NOT USE EVENTBRITE

prashantp12
8/30/18

in trying to get a refund from Eventbrite I discover that they are a scam operation even though their ticket says I can get a refund up to seven days before the event.
To get a refund I have to have an account where I can see my ticket.
To have an account I have to sign up.
To sign up I must have a password but which I do not have until I have an account.
So I must use forgot password which generates a mail from them.
Which comes with some delay and when I click the link even within a minute of receiving the mail I get a message on the log in page that says the password token has expired. I have gone through this cycle at least ten times!
So I will get my credit card to dispute the charge and so on.
And their website has no phone number to call or any chat or any e-mail to write to.

melissaf144
8/28/18

We run a small nonprofit that provides subsidized art classes to the community along with free outreach programs and monthly exhibits. We only charge $10/seat for most art classes where we provide the supplies and pay 50/50 to the teacher for their time. Eventbrite has gone from charging a semi reasonable amount to taking 25%. Greed.

terria59
8/5/18

I cannot believe that in good faith I undertook the planning of my class reunion. I sold tickets to my fellow classmates through Eventbrite. After the event was full, I tried to withdraw the money and was told that they would send bi-weekly payments to me AFTER the event. I have to pay for the event, the night of the event!!!!!! I do not have thousands of dollars to pay out. My classmates trusted me with this and NOW WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?????? FInally I got a phony email saying if I upgraded and gave them another $2.00 per ticket and 2.5% of my sales they would start sending my bi weekly payments before the event. It is 3 weeks away!!!!! No one will answer the phone and I got one fake email. I will sue this company!!!! DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!

Do not trust it there are scammers, they r impossible to deal with as far as.customer service

By Lisa C.

Questions? Get answers from the Eventbrite staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Eventbrite