Review of eBid

382 NE 191st St #42012
Miami, FL 33179-3899

johnc810
9/1/17

Spend ages listing with zero sales. Complete waste of £50 for lifetime seller+ account....never received the free t-shirt they promised. Customer service is appalling, take ages to respond to messages, no telephone support either. Basically its a quick way to loose money getting suckered into their "limited" lifetime seller+ membership. I gave up using it for 2+ years.

Then ebid account is hacked, iphones and tvs get listed using it. I get the account back and secured and a few days later I'm charged almost £60 for fees accumlated from the hack. I've emailed for support, probably another week or 2 wait for that.

Anyone thinking of joining this fraudulent place, seriously just run the other way. Its not worth the wasted money, time and effort. I've requested to close my account with them and shall never return.

Tip for consumers: Just run the other way as fast as your legs can carry you.

josephc182
8/25/17

THREE YEARS on Ebid as a Lifetime Plus Member ( $49.95 and never even got the Free Ebid.net T-shirt that they advertise ) selling brand new commercial truck parts at discount prices, guaranteed lowest prices with price match, free expedited shipping and even allow potential buyers to Make an Offer on listings -- NOT A SINGLE SALE, NOT A SINGLE OFFER AND NOT A SINGLE MESSAGE !
I've since dropped all of my listings from their WORTHLESS website and sent an email for my account to be closed / deleted. I don't have time to waste posting items and checking for sales / messages / offers every day for nothing and, really couldn't care less if they close my account or not -- I'm never going back so I'll never know if it's closed or not.

brianm292
8/2/17

I have had 80 listings at 1 time for over 3 years ..not1 sale..same items on ebay etsy ..sold I was threatened many times to login or they will remove ,in the end sad to say i had to say goodbye.Shame it all looked good but by now they should be pushing the big boys but seems they have got worse.

judiths75
7/17/17

I sold one thing in 8 months. If you don't log in a regular basis they threaten to end all your listings. No phone contact for help. Just email. Terrible place to sell.

fernandom31
3/14/17

Not sure what to say. I was excited as the site is pretty much set up to make it easy to post and sell. But testing 8 items now for about a month with no results. With bids starting at 1.00 and 2.00, I would think someone would be interested.f
Maybe next month...

truongn
2/6/17

this website will scam you and your money if you use a debit/credit card. Good thing your credit card company has your back! STAY AWAY AND DONT USE. THEY'LL BILL YOU NON-STOP.

tommyr19
1/10/17

Ebid is a load of crap,just a cheap version of Ebay. The amount of views i got for items within a week was 2 views lol.If you want to sell stuff let me repeat SELL STUFF Ebid is a no no stick to EBAY,AMAZON,SHPOCK is much better.

exe14
8/19/16

Hundred Thousands of unhappy sellers, who fed up with eBay, goes to different sites like ebid, or other websites which exists and are trying to sell there, but with no perspective they cameback to eBay and using friend's, or partner's accounts if their own account is suspended or restricted when they lost a privilege to sell- for nothing, often without explanation from eBay, often for trying to find a justice, often for confrontation of unhonest buyers: My account was closed after I sold PRADA purse with authentication card but buyer requested a return saying it is not authentic.I offered a return under a reason "changed my mind" but buyer did not wanted to pay return postage and contacted to eBay.Ebay closed the case "not authentic" and sent a decision only under "not as described" (all 12 pictures presented with a full description of the item), but what is important- here was no such case open, at all, but a decision came on never existed case!!!! By eBay rules a buyer can not open a second case for the same item but eBay sent a refund and closed my seller's account- my account is restricted to sell !! Nightmare- this decision is final,could not be appealed!!!!! But till this moment on eBay I made over hundred sales per six months. On ebid I sold nothing- lowered prices for some items up to half (Samsung note3 unlocked 32gb I listed for £120!!!!!) but no even 1 question never came!
I am sure, that if all these sellers, who fed up with eBay, like me,- cames together and all of them leaves eBay but moves to the one but same oneline selling site- no doubt eBay will loose not thousents, but hundred thousands sellers (every second seller has had an expierence when eBay took a wrong decision by supporting a buyer even if he/she is wrong). If all the unhappy sellers will leave eBay together, at the same time- eBay will loose millions listings..... NO DOUBT-BUYERS WILL FALLOW.....
All what we need is- A PERSON, WHO COULD ORGANISE IT!!!
MAYBE THE PERSON IS- YOU?

jg85
8/8/16

Been on ebid 7 years. Lots of people browsing mostly. I've had around 40 sales its not bad at all. Fees, well, I paid only 50 bucks because I paid in advance 1 dollar for each one of those listings. Some listings I took the 3% selling fee instead. Savings, well, had I sold those items over ebay I would have paid around 2000 USD in fees,OUCH!!. Yes, I sell high end items. Overall I think Ebid is great! I just wish people would buy more instead of looking. Some of my listings have been viewed 2000 times and not even a question has come in. Only takes a few minutes to register as a buyer and its free and you can ask questions to the seller! Their customer service is way more better than ebay and a lot faster. You usually get an answer from them within an hour. Ebay it can take up to a week! More and more people are discovering ebid. I think the baseball, stamp and coin dealers are doing well there. Does not make sence to list a 3 dollar stamp on ebay for one buck. Ebid you can list it for free and it stays there until the item finds its buyer. No relisting and paying again. Its a good site I just hope it improves. I think it will people are getting totally fed up with Feebay and all their limitations. 30 day return policy for buyers, and ebay still gets to keep the seller fees if it goes beyond 45 days. That is criminal! I sell internationally and sometimes it takes a month for an item to reach a customer, or longer. Customs in some countries can take 2 to 3 weeks. My fingers are crossed for ebid! Too bad for all the trash talk. Ebay had the same when they were starting out.

jans105
6/28/16

I like Ebid, been a member for over a year. Have thousands of items listed and have sold items on this site. I accept payment in the form of Pay Pal, Money Order, and Checks. Support is great and they answer your concern as fast as they can with great results. I am a satisfied seller on Ebid.net and not sorry I tried it.

joshh67
6/19/16

Many of the '5 star reviews' stating how wonderful ebid is are bogus. Don't be fooled by them. There are SO MANY bad reviews that the company (ebid) HAS to do something to negate them such as submit favorable reviews.
Check out this review from a most likely fictitious 'john t' "ALL THE BAD COMMENTS ABOUT EBID IS FROM PEOPLE WHO WORK AT EBAY!!". Check out this review from a most likely fictitious 'John N' "eBid is an up and coming site. Good service. Good products. Friendly people on the forums." Or this review from a most likely fictitious 'Jim A' "Ebid is an awesome Alternative to ebay. I am just able to sell products on there as I am on the bay. I also had no problems with sellers there and have always received items just as described.I see a lot of smaller sellers on ebid and hopefully soon much larger sellers will make the move like I did .If you are a seller you will love the low low low fees. If you are a buyer you will love love love the low prices because of lower fees. Its a win win !"
The next review made me laugh out loud. A most likely ficticious 'James E' writes "Everyone please stop using Ebay and use Ebid which is very similar to Ebay and perhaps even better and easier to use. Ebay is a complete rip-off they take away almost 20% from the selling price of the item. Those people are greedy and don't deserve to have many customers. Their customer service is also terrible, very hard to contact them and very uncooperative representatives. Ebid is a great alternative to Ebay I hope they start getting more traffic than Ebay." Or this review from a most likely fictitious 'Kitty H'. She writes "I'm sorry for those who have had a bad run of things. It isn't ebid's fault that a seller was bad or that people looked but did not buy an item they put up for auction.
Nor can ebid or any auction site make people look at what you are selling.
Perhaps you could try selling something more popular or at a better price.
I both buy and sell on ebid and I love it WAY more than e-bay. The tools for selling/preparing your auction are way more user friendly.It's a fantastic site & I think everyone should give it a try to see for themselves."
---------ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! DON'T BE FOOLED BY THESE SHMUCKS PROMOTING THEIR TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!

tonys127
6/4/16

Unlike other auction sites you are not being tracked. Meaning your data is not being "stolen" and sold to others. You are not having product rammed down your throat. The selling fees are literally the best in the world. This allows sellers to provide buyers with lower prices. It has been growing everyday since day one. I just do not like eBay, I feel like a number and their customer service while friendly is sometimes difficult to communicate with. As it is not massive like eBay the community is closer. I started buying there a few years back. I think the prices are better because they allow people to sell for free. I dunno - I like it....... I get it, it is just another auction site of many. It is worth looking at. http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abu/y215/m02/abu0375/s09

Tip for consumers: It is an auction site. It is not focused on mining your data or corporate marketing. I prefer my privacy, to feel like a person not a number. Other sites might have more options, I go there. But I been buying Ebid for years. There are really no "tips" there are plenty of auction sites they are similar. But privacy is here and corporate sponsorship which views you as $$$$$/a number aint.

ashleyk44
4/27/16

ebid.net is way superior to ebay as a seller I was getting ripped off on ebay through fees almost 10% of items worth went to ebay on Final value fee, plus a shipping fee, plus paypal fee and variable listing fee. What I've seen so far it's max. 3% free to list and unlimited listings which is a big plus as well. I've been spreading the word about ebid.net I am so happy with this site over ebays corporate greed sickening.

Tip for consumers: Get out of ebay it's a money racket

birdw1
Bird W.
3/6/16

Signed up from a Google ad stating "FREE BID AND SELL". Turns out it's only free to bid. You need to 'upgrade' to a seller - which will cost you. The one time fee is great if you are listing one really expensive item or many items but is no good if you only have a few inexpensive items to sell.

This place has apparently been around since 1998 but I never heard of it until yesterday. Tried searching for a few items that I might want and there is nothing being offered. Lots of junk. People selling dollar store items and what not. No thanks.

I read one other user having to supply them with ID and utility bills...????WTF. NEVER send that kind of information on line or by email. Might as well just hand them a copy of your fingerprints, blood type and your debit card for good measure.

Been here 2 days - and I can't wait to get out.

josephr78
2/11/16

In Short
The Good
1- Fees are mostly a once off Lifetime Fee - Excellent
2 - You Still have the option to use paypal
3 - Site is easy to use and very easy to list items
4 - There is none of the DSR nonsense and FEAR of LOSING YOUR BUSINESS and livelyhood that ebay seem determined to implement on their site and to their... read more

johnb524
1/19/16

What can I say I have now been a member for 4 years .
I have not even had a message or a sale .
Me and my business colleagues even listed items for a penny brand new items
We still hot no response .
Are these 2 guys in their flat still ripping people off.
Do not give your debit card details to these people or you will wake up broke when these guys go down the pan.
All the reviews on here that are good are made up from the 2 guys who work on this Scam.
This company needs reporting to trading standards .
AVOID E BID !

sallys51
12/12/15

eBid is still in its infant stage.
I have been a member for just over a year. Bought & sold.
It's not bad and had no problems.

williamh88
10/25/15

Instant billing to my card.Not even 1 single question.Pure evil scammer get away with running this fraud company because internationally you can get away with everything.

alexd73
10/3/15

On my first, and only purchase on eBid, the seller sends the wrong item. So OK, they made a mistake on their listing, I will just hit the return button.. But wait... there is NO return button on eBid. I have to go to a LOT more trouble pursuing this directly with the seller via messages.

Unlike eBay which has a great infrastructure to manage transactions between buyers and sellers, eBid is just a wannabe copycat, except that they have missed out most of the essential functionality.

I will be deleting my account.

UPDATE - I had a reply from a message to the seller who sent the wrong item: 'This email is not monitored'. Unbelievable. I have never had this much trouble at Amazon or eBay.

stevenh80
9/30/15

If you are using Ebids then you are not only wasting your time but you are opening yourself up to being stolen from. I paid for a n item that I won and never received my purchased item. After emailing Ebids they suggested that I call my local police. No concern or any apparent feelings of responsibility. If I had been robbed on EBAY they would have guaranteed my purchase and at least pretended to care. Ebids is a racket.

steves181
9/13/15

Again how many times do we have to tell the owners of Ebid that the business is rubbish !
The reviews with 5 Stars on here are from Ebid them selves .
None of us believe you have sold a single item.
None of this traffic from your website has Google search optimisation or any other effort to take this website up in the rankings of Google.
If you type Ebid into Google you will find nothing but bad news.
I was very scepticle about parting with my money for this service along with thousands of others who have been had by this scandal.
I feel sorry for the guy who loaded up over 1500 items and never even had a message never mind a sale.
If I had Ebid I would have it on the first 2 pages of google in no time and get help to manage the phone lines .
2 directors from 4 directors and no employees ! JOKE ! And ebay are above their station to infinity and beyond for Greedy Ebay .
There's 111 platforms to sell from avoid Ebid and if yiu use Ebay your giving all your profit back to them every month.
Start your own website and connect up Facebook I make a fortune on Facebook more than Ebay ! . Good luck sellers from Steve x soldier and seller of 20 years on line.

mikev31
7/13/15

Don't be shy give Ebid a try no silly fees to pay like ebay.

aliceinw
5/29/15

EBAY IS SO MUCH EASIER

anniea11
5/28/15

I have been selling for many years through eBay, mostly 2nd hand items. I used to do well, but since a couple of years it felt more and more eBay is just a platform for businesses. Private sellers get stung over and over with fees.
So I decided to switch to eBid. I am not making millions, but I sell and from what I make I don't have to give 30% away.
It's easy to use, the people are friendly. I have nothing to complain about.

darleenb1
5/22/15

I just signed up for ebid.net three months ago. Two weeks into it, they wanted me to upload an id, & a bill. So I did. Then they emailed me saying I needed to upload a hydro bill. This actually took me two months, because I was starting to think about what kind of business this was. So, now I do it. Upload a hydro bill. They come back to me & say I need to do another utility bill? How many utility bills do you think I have? I told them, well, I uploaded a photo id & a cell phone bill, then a utility bill? What more do you need? I am getting sick of this site!

Helpful answer

I really fed up with eBay, they are not supporting sellers at all, they arr closing accounts without explanations, trusting to buyer without any proof end taking piss out of seller. I start looking for other sites. Listed on ebid items lowest prices could find on Internet, reduced up to half of price BUT: no even 1 sale ever made there, No questions from buyers at all.

By Ex E. on 8/8/15
Helpful answer

There is no 'organization'. Sellers have repeatedly asked for a 'sold' column but have never been granted one as this would show to potential sellers how poor the sales are. They have promised a variations option to list as on eBay. This hasn't happened. The forum cheerleaders come onto the review sites and leave five stars - they were once asked to do this by management after a spate of poor reviews - yet they are complaining about the mess the categories are in. Unless you are selling stamps or postcards, forget it. eBay may have the fees, but they also have the sales.

By christina r. on 9/23/16
Helpful answer

It was probably a scam to you

By sabita m. on 9/5/16
Helpful answer

You can contact eBid support by email at support@ebid.net . I don't know whether there is a phone number available.

By Tony F. on 6/1/15
Helpful answer

go to my ebid. then go to the very bottom of the page and click contact us. on the next page after clicking contact us look at ebid help desk option then open a support ticket.

By Mr W. on 5/11/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the eBid staff and other customers.

eBid?