Review of Craigslist.org

hostmaster@craigslist.org
2017 Customer choice award

pattim32
9/21/17

Room to rent at 182 Orchid Drive, Mastic Beach for $650 with many extras. Ken is actually not the owner of the property but is renting the house and in turn renting out rooms to other individuals. Found out that not only no extras but kitchen undergoing repair (with no finish in sight) no counter space and had to provide own microwave and keep in room which very small. Proved to be a very uncomfortable and bit bizarre situation. Arrangements were not suitable to either party so Ken notified that he wanted the room vacated by 1st of month two weeks beforehand. Then on the 1st when everything was removed he informed that he did not have the security deposit!! Told to come back following Saturday where yet again told not only did he not have it but he knew from the start he had spent it and lied just to get belongings removed. Now in the process of having to go to small claims court. Bizarre experience so beware of this rental..

deborahs134
9/16/17

This site has gotten ridiculous. People are allowed to post the same things over and over again in multiple categories every single day. Not supposed to but the flagging on the Duluth site doesn't even work! So, it's allowed for some and not for others. Tired of looking for things and finding the same stuff over and over again.

zaniet
8/22/17

Saw the add, my car was hit by someone who had no insurance about 1 year ago, so I call the guy twice, can not leave him a VM cause his VM is full, so he calls me back, tell him what the issue was and he tells me to send him a picture, he calls me back and tells me the job will cost $250 asked him if he guarantees the work he said, if you are not happy with it you don't have to pay me, ok. He fixes the car like dodo... leaves all the was on the car, I'm thinking he is hiding something, I finally got him to remove the wax and the car looks like dodo.. he posted the add 12 days ago DO NOT USE THIS GUY he does not know what he is doing. He came with his "mother", which look like his girlfriend with this wig on that was not very becoming, also looks like she was hiding something??????

georginad5
8/10/17

I got a name and # from your list it was Maratone Movers their phone # is 718-474-4340.
they made an apointment to move some furnature they never showed up and would not answer their phone

samj39
7/23/17

Don't waste your time with this website. It is Spam Central and the number of bogus ads on this site is worse than ever. Trying to find anything legitimate on this site is a complete waste of time. The housing ads are especially bad. 2017

marthas78
7/19/17

I was told yesterday that someone posted our vacation home that is rented on VRBO via Craigslist. Someone stole the pictures and information off the VRBO site and pasted them onto the Craigslist site. They were trying to rent it on a week that was already rented on VRBO and collect the money in advance. So, BUYER BEWARE...unless you like to lose money! If you rent something off this site, it is very likely NOT legitimate. You'll find yourself at a house for your dream vacation, and someone else will be already occupying the house. So, you'll lose money and will have wasted valuable vacation time!

steviee4
7/17/17

Craigslist is the worst cite to post any ad. It's the $#*!tiest cite I've ever been on. Half the $#*! doesn't load. It won't even load my ad after I've added pictures and wrote a freaking page long discription about my ad. Craigslist makes me want to shoot my computer with my AR till its in a million pieces.

aubreyk13
7/16/17

Craigslist is a very good place to shop BUTTTT u sure
gotta watch all the time about all the scammers on there,I have listed a item for say $250.00 and immediately I have lowlife scammers try to get me to accept their check or they will have their truck come by and pick up item, I sometimes want to tell them what they can do with their offer; another thing ,I understand Craigslist cannot possibly monitor every thing posted there. I think there are a lot of honest people that use this service to buy and sell there.I will continue to shop there but being very careful. thank's Aubrey

vernisee
7/12/17

Individual by the name of Alison Faison is using Craigslist to find a roommate for $385.00 monthly. However, she describes that due to past experiences and no show she will need a $168.00 deposit which must be done using western union account number she provides is 5307-0604-2015-3077. In total, you will pay $171.95 because of the transfer fee. Prior to the transfer being done she stay in touch answering every question that you may have about the room. She does not care if you have to drive for hours to get to the apartment. Once you confirm that you have arrived her telephone number which is 914-279-3858 goes straight to voicemail, but if you text she says that she's on her way the address she provides is 7505 Northwest 44th Street Lauderhill Fl which is extremely beautiful, but Alison is a thief who uses people to get money transferred to Money Network Paycard. Keep in mind that if you try to get your money back from the Western Union they will give you a hard time because the receipt states that Alison is the sender so your name is not on the receipt which is the perfect way to rip someone off. I am a College student who is struggling to get through college and for this to be happening is disturbing because I was in desperate need to find a room prior to Fall semester of 2017. I do not want this to happen to anyone if I could have spread this all over the internet I would, but I'm still working on getting my money back.

myanhd
7/9/17

It's been a few times I've applied for a dozen times for jobs on this site. It's just a waste of time filling out app and resumes. Not even one calls/email return. It's like there's no respect anymore for at least respond saying "Sorry, we're not hiring at this time." "Thanks for applying but looking for someone who's....." Something so simple like that can really change how I see company looking to hire. Just a bunches of people who's wasting my or other people's time. I hope somehow that'll change. So sick of that crap. What's the point of applying online when no one on there doesn't respond to your application.?

gabel15
7/8/17

i have sold countless bicycles, sporting goods ... there are genuine buyers out there , but they are all local of course, if out of state no's -Beware !! I'm in ATL btw .
-Now if you get that 2 in a row - 30 minutes apart text messages where someone wants to know if your "Art" item is still for sale and "what You low last price ? " on it...yeah them's are scumbag scammers ,
-but Craig's List is not at fault here ...is just a fact of life that Scumbags are people
too, with smartphones !!

lissk
7/6/17

Ccselectrical0813 Chris 267-356-3555!!!
ATTENTION THESE PEOPLE ARE A HOAX!! DRUG ADDICTS THAT WILL RUIN YOUR CAR!!! A COUPLE A MAN & WOMAN BOTH OF WHOM ARE QUITE SCARY LOOKING WILL TAKE ADAVANTAGE OF YOUR SITUATION & OVER CHARGE YOU!! THEY SHOULD BE ARRESTED FOR THEIR ANTICS, they are both a disgrace to the human race. The Man is not qualified to fix cars & should be banned from craigs list. All the man did was cause my car more problems & did not fix my car. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM Ccselectrical0813 they are disgusting & worthless & need to be removed from Craigslist ASAP!

petem51
6/26/17

Do not rent from kendallville Indiana apts from Sheamus Clark he a bad landlord and doesn't fix anything plus never repairs anything were moving cause of all that Horrible mold everywhere bathroom leaks tub leaks and mold on side of tub. Building inspector been called on him several times horrible very horrible

sherylt7
6/12/17

Joe Holmes of Repairing & Remodeling Holmes Inc is a Scam Artist! He gave a quote to my 85 yr old mother & we agreed to hire him. He was paid in full. We returned to the house the next day to find his work was shoddy & unprofessional. He also told us he's not incorporated like he leads us to believe. We now have to hire a professional to come out & fix his "work". He argued with my entire family! He is aging and needs glasses but refuses to wear them. I strongly urge anyone in need of a handyman to look elsewhere! He also told me he had a job & the homeowner put stop payment on $1000 check b/c he broke their TV moving its stand!! STAY AWAY FROM JOE THE SCAM MAN!!!!

christea1
6/11/17

First of we were excited renting this house because it is so private and close to everything,but there's only one problem it was the landlord. This man is a big fat liers, b4 we move in he said he would never bother us but then everytime we go outside here's comes Wayne the landlord with his riding go kart in our house, the bad thing is he uses binoculars to stack us and that's not it, my husband called him to fixed our steps outside front doors, my husband went to the store for couple hours then Wayne the landlord came to house without our 24hours notice then he was walking around the house for hours and he never did fixed the steps. We always pay the rent on time except for the last 3 months we were late for a week cause it was a rough months we have. Rent was $800 a month for a year then $850 a month after that and never let him put the water in his name cause he's just gonna use that to come to the house in and out the driveway to be nosey. And if u all rent this house make sure u check everything and take picture of it specially the bathroom and kitchen because when u moved out he will try to used ur deposit money to fixed his house that's already broken or damaged. My husband already called a cops on him cause we were in the process of moving out b4 the 6th of the month and he was banging on the door and says let me in without 24 hour notice but the cops was on his ass telling him he was an idiot.Anyways, we have proved pictures on him sitting in our driveway,videos and all.

claram40
6/6/17

I tried to submit an ad, the ad kept getting removed, so I went to the help forum to figure out why.

Instead of getting actual help or feedback, I got bullied off the site by a bunch of internet trolls.

The site is thereby, entirely unusable for me. I cannot post anything without it getting removed, and I have no way to find out how it was removed or how to alter my posting so that it follows the rules and won't be removed.

Tip for consumers: Just don't. Sell your items somewhere else.

georghea
5/31/17

I've been using Craigslist time to time but one thing annoys me for a while: Its layout! Guys, we are in 2017; can't u make it more user friendly huh?

farrahs
4/1/17

I got ripped off for $200 on craigslist and id like it back. I bought a tv which turned out to be the wrong tv and the wrong stand and no remote. Its completely useless

favort
3/20/17

I bought a car on Craig's lists sold my this company 3 weeks ago and now it needs $5300 worth of repairs. Do not buy cars from them!!!

stacyh48
3/12/17

It's a lady or man that uses "GMAIL" accounts just different names they usually post really nice cars for cheap prices they will give you a sorry story about losing a child husband passing in Afghanistan single mom being in the military or all lies they constantly post things they are really bored and obviously broke and don't work do not fall for them just look on eBay motors review they are posted all over it and they will act like the deal will go through eBay motors be smart which I'm going to report them to the fbi

cindyg59
3/6/17

Hired this contractor-- did good at the start then he never came back and finished the job-- its been 6 weeks and no-show--- had to get someone else to finish the job--- I will never use them again ----- just be cautious on this one. There name is Ray Smith, from Athens/Florence area.

ricka50
3/1/17

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:13 PM, Joseph S. <jspenyxx@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the response. This is to bring to your notice that you have been chosen and considered for this job position. We are offering you $20 per hour and your working days and hours is 8:00 - 4:00 ( 8hrs a day ) from Monday through Friday ( 5 days a week ). You will receive a week upfront payment as well as some money to move the van (2015 Ford Van) over. Please be informed that You'll receive a Check which covers your upfront payment and the balance would go to the Mover's agency for the Van delivery. I want to make sure you are okay with that. The Job starts 3/13/2017 because right at the moment my Mom is currently in Oklahoma for a funeral service. I'll always keep you updated and I'd like you to check your email at least twice a day ( Morning & Afternoon ) for updates and your prompt response will be appreciated. I 'll come over to the state probably next weekend because I would really love to meet you as well and I believe in your interest to work for us and I do promise to satisfy your needs. In order for your weekly pay to be processed, you MUST have an active bank account and I'm asking you now "Do you have an active bank account" ?
Awaiting Your Response

Regards,
Joseph S.

pattyh31
2/28/17

Do not buy anything on that site they scam and rip you off on there you buy car audio the stuff is blown and they steal your money on there also and it is the worst site to buy from and so is Offerup same thing people on there go and harass and cuss you out on there major issues best to buy off of Amazon or Ebay.

ronniec23
2/25/17

Carlton Edwards was awesome as a salesperson. I purchased a used 2003 Honda Accord Coupe and he went out of his way to assist me. The car was a good deal with low mileage and he helped me reach my final decision. The car had a slight damage in the front bumper..he even assured me to get that fixed at a future date at a nominal price. A very helpful salesperson and I will go back to him for future trade in and buying a new vehicle. God Bless him. Ronnie B. Chatterjee Elmhurst Queens, New York

aidal3
2/10/17

No place to leave a review for dishonest sellers to keep other buyers from being deceived! Please stay away from a lady named Sheila living at Winterthur CL NW Kennesaw, Georgia! Sells toys and other items she states "collects" from neighbors to sell. VERY dishonest lady!!!!! Beware!

289 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

lol i have been messaging CL for almost the same issue they still have not responded

By marla l. on 8/29/15
Helpful answer

All you can really do isjust "flag" the ad when you click on it. It gives you the ability to delete the posting. Nothing more. Craigslist gives no way's to post negative reviews. Unless you take the ad posting and info and post your own ad as the negative outcome or info. to pass on your experience. Lots of others are doing it as scam alerts or fraud alerts. Only remember that if you do, then the person whom your referring to also can "flag" your posting also.

By mike m. on 8/9/15
Helpful answer

I have posted many adds with craigslist my house, furniture and pets in the past. I am trying to post an dog now that showed up on here on the 4th of July. But all my adds get deleted use to love craigslist now I hate Craigslist. Big waste of my time every add I post gets deleted if I will selling cocaine I can understand craigslist use a funking little common sence. Don't call the customer service number thank you for calling Craigslist but there is no one here to help you. I have posted last add with Craiglist longer customer.

By sabre c. on 3/11/16
Helpful answer

In order to list items I first take the best pictures I can and take quite a few as you can post alot on listing. Then depending on item I'm listing I get dementions any and as much as I can. Now you need to create an account on Craigslist and no they change nothing for you to list or take a percentage of item sold unlike ebay. When you create your account you do have to provide a valid email but they only give it out if you check the box when posting that they can, Craigslist prefers you don't give out your own. They will make an email for you item and then forward it to you when someone inquires. When I checked emails regulary I would have them give my email out and had no problems until I had a box of misc items and then I received alot of sexual messages, so I never use my personal one anymore . I due have people text me ( there is a box you can mark if you'd prefer that method of contact) working the hours I do I've always used it since that option came out. I've never had any problems with a buyer calling or texting me. I've sold alot of items some were the same item just reposted it when I got more to sell. And I've always had people come to my house and never had any problems I did have one no show. 1) set up account it works for all the different areas. 2) It been along time but I believe they send you an email to verify it's valid 3) find area I want to post in Delaware, Milwaukee ect and if it's a large city you'll need to deside which area is closest to you 4) go to area you picked say Eastern Shore get on main page I mostly use smart phone top left is a menu touch it and you want to go to my account ( make sure if they sent verification email you verified it) 5) sign into your account I believe it gives you obtions of sell an item or my account, go to sell an item it will ask if you're the owner or I believe other is for mass selling. Then pick best category if it's a lawnmower go to garden ect. Now your making post it will give you options of default email which they recomend or the obtion of having them call or text you. Then you'll need to come up with a short popping post of course put in what your selling and any words that make it seem it's the best. Then give as much info as you can about item selling and make sure to be honest about it. There's an area that asks you who's manufacturer what's it's condition I usually skip that as it's in item description but it could help to sell it. Then theres a map so people know around where you are if you don't want them coming to your house put in zipcode of a town by you. Then it will have you upload pictures. Make sure the best one is uploaded first as that's the one that people see by your post and add the rest of pictures. Also at the beginning it will ask for a dollar amount for item. When pictures are done loading hit publish. Sometimes they send an email verifying post, but they will inform you they are. If they do make sure to go to email and verify it as item won't post till you do. Post will automatically delete after a month to 45 days it comes inactive first so you have option of reposting it. If you want to delete or modify posting sign into craiglist account and touch on my account and all your active and inactive posts are there touch on either delete post or edit. It's very simple and easy to do if you forget to fill in say asking price when you go to publish post it will tell you you something wasnt filled in. I know the government was trying to pass a law that we have to pay taxes on what we sell but I haven't done much selling on eBay or craiglist so I haven't checked if it passed It sounded like it wasn't going to. Hope this helps I am computer dumb and can post on here so most people should have no problems. Terri

By Terri S. on 9/15/15
Helpful answer

just set up another email account and your back on

By marla l. on 6/21/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Craigslist.org staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Craigslist.org