Review of Craigslist.org

Tel: 6789101112131
hostmaster@craigslist.org

sherylt7
6/12/17

Joe Holmes of Repairing & Remodeling Holmes Inc is a Scam Artist! He gave a quote to my 85 yr old mother & we agreed to hire him. He was paid in full. We returned to the house the next day to find his work was shoddy & unprofessional. He also told us he's not incorporated like he leads us to believe. We now have to hire a professional to come out & fix his "work". He argued with my entire family! He is aging and needs glasses but refuses to wear them. I strongly urge anyone in need of a handyman to look elsewhere! He also told me he had a job & the homeowner put stop payment on $1000 check b/c he broke their TV moving its stand!! STAY AWAY FROM JOE THE SCAM MAN!!!!

christea1
6/11/17

First of we were excited renting this house because it is so private and close to everything,but there's only one problem it was the landlord. This man is a big fat liers, b4 we move in he said he would never bother us but then everytime we go outside here's comes Wayne the landlord with his riding go kart in our house, the bad thing is he uses binoculars to stack us and that's not it, my husband called him to fixed our steps outside front doors, my husband went to the store for couple hours then Wayne the landlord came to house without our 24hours notice then he was walking around the house for hours and he never did fixed the steps. We always pay the rent on time except for the last 3 months we were late for a week cause it was a rough months we have. Rent was $800 a month for a year then $850 a month after that and never let him put the water in his name cause he's just gonna use that to come to the house in and out the driveway to be nosey. And if u all rent this house make sure u check everything and take picture of it specially the bathroom and kitchen because when u moved out he will try to used ur deposit money to fixed his house that's already broken or damaged. My husband already called a cops on him cause we were in the process of moving out b4 the 6th of the month and he was banging on the door and says let me in without 24 hour notice but the cops was on his ass telling him he was an idiot.Anyways, we have proved pictures on him sitting in our driveway,videos and all.

claram40
6/6/17

I tried to submit an ad, the ad kept getting removed, so I went to the help forum to figure out why.

Instead of getting actual help or feedback, I got bullied off the site by a bunch of internet trolls.

The site is thereby, entirely unusable for me. I cannot post anything without it getting removed, and I have no way to find out how it was removed or how to alter my posting so that it follows the rules and won't be removed.

Tip for consumers: Just don't. Sell your items somewhere else.

georghea
5/31/17

I've been using Craigslist time to time but one thing annoys me for a while: Its layout! Guys, we are in 2017; can't u make it more user friendly huh?

farrahs
4/1/17

I got ripped off for $200 on craigslist and id like it back. I bought a tv which turned out to be the wrong tv and the wrong stand and no remote. Its completely useless

favort
3/20/17

I bought a car on Craig's lists sold my this company 3 weeks ago and now it needs $5300 worth of repairs. Do not buy cars from them!!!

stacyh48
3/12/17

It's a lady or man that uses "GMAIL" accounts just different names they usually post really nice cars for cheap prices they will give you a sorry story about losing a child husband passing in Afghanistan single mom being in the military or all lies they constantly post things they are really bored and obviously broke and don't work do not fall for them just look on eBay motors review they are posted all over it and they will act like the deal will go through eBay motors be smart which I'm going to report them to the fbi

cindyg59
3/6/17

Hired this contractor-- did good at the start then he never came back and finished the job-- its been 6 weeks and no-show--- had to get someone else to finish the job--- I will never use them again ----- just be cautious on this one. There name is Ray Smith, from Athens/Florence area.

ricka50
3/1/17

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:13 PM, Joseph S. <jspenyxx@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the response. This is to bring to your notice that you have been chosen and considered for this job position. We are offering you $20 per hour and your working days and hours is 8:00 - 4:00 ( 8hrs a day ) from Monday through Friday ( 5 days a week ). You will receive a week upfront payment as well as some money to move the van (2015 Ford Van) over. Please be informed that You'll receive a Check which covers your upfront payment and the balance would go to the Mover's agency for the Van delivery. I want to make sure you are okay with that. The Job starts 3/13/2017 because right at the moment my Mom is currently in Oklahoma for a funeral service. I'll always keep you updated and I'd like you to check your email at least twice a day ( Morning & Afternoon ) for updates and your prompt response will be appreciated. I 'll come over to the state probably next weekend because I would really love to meet you as well and I believe in your interest to work for us and I do promise to satisfy your needs. In order for your weekly pay to be processed, you MUST have an active bank account and I'm asking you now "Do you have an active bank account" ?
Awaiting Your Response

Regards,
Joseph S.

pattyh31
2/28/17

Do not buy anything on that site they scam and rip you off on there you buy car audio the stuff is blown and they steal your money on there also and it is the worst site to buy from and so is Offerup same thing people on there go and harass and cuss you out on there major issues best to buy off of Amazon or Ebay.

ronniec23
2/25/17

Carlton Edwards was awesome as a salesperson. I purchased a used 2003 Honda Accord Coupe and he went out of his way to assist me. The car was a good deal with low mileage and he helped me reach my final decision. The car had a slight damage in the front bumper..he even assured me to get that fixed at a future date at a nominal price. A very helpful salesperson and I will go back to him for future trade in and buying a new vehicle. God Bless him. Ronnie B. Chatterjee Elmhurst Queens, New York

aidal3
2/10/17

No place to leave a review for dishonest sellers to keep other buyers from being deceived! Please stay away from a lady named Sheila living at Winterthur CL NW Kennesaw, Georgia! Sells toys and other items she states "collects" from neighbors to sell. VERY dishonest lady!!!!! Beware!

todda13
2/9/17

Craigslist is a gift to humanity. I have sold and bought many useful items over the years thanks to this wonderful site. Most people are reasonable and fair, only a few were on the sly but as the old adage goes "buyer beware".

claired36
2/1/17

Don't move with Todd! He stood me up today. He charges $20 per hour per guy with a three hour minimum. He has a lot of ads up a lot for the Seattle area. He even has one up for today February 1, 2017. He does not have his own truck.

nikkin8
1/31/17

If you are in the huntsville/madison area stay away from these apartments they will draw you in with the specials and then lie about so call damages that are normal wear and tear to avoid returning the security deposit back

mon2491
1/26/17

This is by far, the most unprofessional...cunning and deceptive company I have ever done busy with! They operate under 2 different names DOJ Auto Sales in Marietta, GA and also Universal Luxury Cars. From the purchase to delivery of car, even today...FAILURE TO DELIVER TAGS & TITLE! The owner has been dodging my calls, left and went to Africa for 3wks without resolving the Tag & Title issues concerning my vehicle. I paid the car in 30days, the sent in wrong information to have car registered. I later discovered the information was sent electronically only for a 2009 Honda Civic, but I purch 2006 Honda Civic. The scan in wrong car & VIN#. Its going on 4mths, and this guy is still MIA. I haven't spoken with him since Dec 21st. My County Tag Office has attempt to reach him several times. He's trained his 3 employees to operate just like him, smooth operator, full of lies! They tried to come off as if they are serious about helping you and anything to get your MONEY! After that, all kinds of issues...this is just the most serious. My Tag office finally reached this clown on Jan 24th 2017, he lied and told them he would definitely be in to settle this... Then he sends his nephew in the tag off to deliver the paperwork, but still NO MONEY and the car has a lien on it! That he had put up there, but yet failed to RELEASE and the car is paid for in full! My County Tag Office reached out again and he told them he was coming his self to bring money that next day or Overnight that day... Auh neither has happened. I'm now having to seek an attorney to get my money back, for car that i paid for in full but don't own because of title issues and still no valid tag! I have left numerous message, texts and emails...they have ignored them all and now dodging the Tag Office calls... I purchased this car in Oct 2016, it's Jan 2017... Well over 30days. Please Beware!!! They are SHEEP IN WOLVES CLOTHING!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT PURCHASE A CAR from this bogus company!!! .... Well over 30days.

danielh155
1/12/17

I assume this one can be positive or negative depending on how lucky you are... Unfortunately the feature that many businesses nowadays have ;(

johns1596
1/10/17

Asked why my listing was deleted and got nothing but immature insulting answers! Who ever The Bottom Line is should be fired!!! He makes assumptions and shoves them in your face. I'm 55 years old and can't believe I have to text with what seems to be a child that wants to feel like he has some kind of power or something? I guess it's just a big ego he has because he thinks he has an important job? His first answer to me was: How many ads are you not posting to by-dealer. What the hell does that mean? He asked a question and didn't answer mine? Instead of answering :if you list too many listings, someone will think your a dealer and delete your listing. If I sell something for 10.00 on Craigslist and I meet up with someone and they buy my item, what does being a dealer on not matter? By the way I'm not a dealer!! Also they said I have over 200 listings. I only have 20 listings! Please get some more reliable people on the texting and tell them to help not insult someone! Very disappointed.

brokenh
1/1/17

I dated this hot mess for 12 weeks last year. Worst decision of my life! Has lived at home mooching off his wonderful mother for many many years! He doesn't want a relationship due to the fact that he his bipolar and not on needed meds, he snaps in a second. Smokes pot, has slept with many women in exchange for pot! This man by his own words is only good for one thing an incapable of a relationship! He states in his ad he wants another child??? He and his ex wife both drug addicts didn't even raise the child they had! Her mother did! Steer clear of this loser unless you are looking for a user, drunk, taker, whore that sleeps around for drugs, and can even afford to support himself. This is my experience with him and he will never change, never fully commit, mooch off of you, sleep with everything and anything! He has a bad temper and will snap on a dime. And absolutely no talking while he is watching the news!!! lol he's a nut bag. Incapable of loving anyone but him.

royw29
12/26/16

I wanted to add to this review that Craigslist is located at 222 Sutter Street near Kearny St. in San Francisco, CA. Someone noted their corporate address is in New York but their physical address is on Sutter Street in San Francisco and this is not widely known. They have offices there in an office building with other companies...

Craigslist has changed a lot over the years... At one time if you wanted to post you needed a verified email and phone and they would call and check before you could post.

Frankly I wondered why so many foolish and flaky ads then I found anyone can just enter an email there and post anything. Years ago I sold of a big lot of collectibles and Craigslist was helpful - More recently I've been unable to even buy when I tried (and this was several times)...

What is most scary are the singles ads so here are some things to be wary of... If a guy or gal looks too good to be true it is probably not their photo. If you use google chrome you can click on the photo and do an internet image search on the picture. You will often find the photo is a scam and not the person who posted so check it out and see before replying if you use chrome.

Another thing to check are singles ads which are posted in the late night or early AM. Why because often they are from offshore posters who are posing as locals. Craigslist was intended for local to local business but I now see ads posted which are far away. I just saw a posting from a supposed local gal who looked good that is until you read it and she admitted she is in jail 2,000 miles away but posted as a local and needed financial help to reply until she gets out of jail and comes to live with you...

On buying on CL. If it does not feel good don't go for it. In our locality people have been robbed and injured by meeting someone they don't know to buy on CL. My personal experience is sellers are so flaky you can't even buy if you want to. I wanted to buy some old tapes and contacted a guy who lived in a nearby community - no problem he said I can bring them into town. Two hours before we were to meet he calls and can't make it. Yet he ran the ad for the old tapes for a month afterword with no takers. I guess he threw them out as the ad finally went away with him trying to get $5 for the lot I had offered him $25 on (I mean why bother with this BS?).

Another time I wanted to buy a Monster Power item. I wrote the guy Thursday could we meet Saturday - no reply. I went out of town and get an email Sunday saying if I can meet him in a hour we can do business (one day after my suggested time and four days later when I'm out of town with 2 hours notice).

Craigslist is delusional and a total waste of time. I'm wondering how long they will survive with almost everything there appearing to be a sham lately. Use it if you will but you probably won't be successful or satisfied with the results that is is you get lucky enough to have anything real happen there in the first place,

willl26
12/18/16

This app sucks I posted hundreds of things on the old Craigslist app got a new phone original Apple used wasn't there try this one try to post my car 3 times it kept saying Craigslist has stopped will continue to use other websites because Craigslist is not what it used to be

robertj182
11/28/16

I found a job on craigslist for a delivery driver for a flower shop in colorado springs called colorado springs florists. I worked for this person for about 2 months but she wrote me 3 bad checks during that time, and was atleast 1 week late every time she paid me. Her own bank told me she had been doing it for awhile to all her drivers. Craigslist doesn't monitor their jobs and its a daily chore for me to mark fake jobs as spam. I have over 1300 jobs marked as fake jobs right now. And the ones that are real are jobs like this where an employer is looking to screw you over.

estherm36
11/26/16

I purchased motorcycle rims from a guy named Joel who said they were brand new, I then took them to have tires mounted, I was then told they were used and was out of true, and that it would cost me $300.00 to have them trued. I contacted Joel and he was ok with giving me my money back at 1st, and after about an hour he turned it around and said I damaged the rims, his post has a picture of a rim and his phone # is 570-238-1247... he is a liar and a theif, and now he is harassing my boyfriend about it.... the only reason for this review is to let everyone know the rims are not safe

asaa19
10/20/16

Review for Personals and Car section:

Craigslist we all go on it to find something we need and then it turns out to be the opposite.

Ive been on craigslist for awhile. It has addictive nature; you surf and think you've had enough and then before you know it you're back on it again.

To get to the point I search and browse the casual encounters alot. It's a mess in there because its all practically bots try to scam people to get phone numbers and collect pictures. I literally cannnot find anyone and when I do its very rare. Gay people post alot on the w4m, mw4m sections which is unwanted as well as personally email you on your posts. I don't have any hate towards them but it defeats the purpose. I think the website is not in popular demand for young people hooking up I have yet to find a website that does. Pretty much all online interaction with people is a waste of time, you are better off meeting and planning in person.

Car section: Horrible. All sorts of people selling stolen cars or cars with no registration and or proof of ownership. Again not a very trustworthy site for dealing with people. Background checks should be ran if people want to sell their cars to other people. I have had close chances to buy cars and then all the sudden seller doesn't want to sell anymore.

In short criagslist is something that sounds great but in practice not so great. With the personals, things for sale, jobs section they are all riddled with people who want more for less and people who take a chance at screwing over others for the benefit of themselves.

There is no technical or customer support so that is the biggest downer for this site. You either find a way to work it out with someone online or you lose out.

kimb1233
10/17/16

I came here because no recourse for leaving feedback/reviews. I live in Austin and tried to hire a guy who rents out Moonwalks/Bouncehouses for $75. He has 3 (Hello Kitty, Spiderman & a Purple Castle). I spoke to him over the phone and hired him for a kid's party. There was no contract but he assured me he would make it. I sent a note to Administrators of Craigslist after he was a no show. But likely nothing will be done to regulate people like this. He is running a business using Craigslist. He doesn't have a name listed so no easy way to give him a yelp review. I guess Buyer Beware and I'd recommend meeting anyone you hire before your event to get something in writing

113 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Craigslist.org staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 1/4/16
on 9/8/15
on 8/18/15
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the Craigslist.org staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Craigslist.org