US Government’s NSF
SiteJabber for Business

ConsumerLab reviews

•  Email business  •  Phone: 1-914-722-9149
Get immediate access to ConsumerLab.com's reports!
Join Now
Review of ConsumerLab

ConsumerLab reviews

92%
333 Mamaroneck Avenue
White Plains, NY 10605
Tel: 1-914-722-9149
subscription@consumerlab.com
Get immediate access to ConsumerLab.com's reports!
Join Now

Write Review

Rating Distribution

1 star

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

chrism252
5/5/16

A message to ConsumerLabs.com just because I've used & felt for so long that they were a such a good organization, and I wanted to tell 'em so and thank them...

Dear ConsumerLab.

Of all of the many subscriptions I have had r/t health, yours has been one of the most valuable.

Thank-you for your work and for this service.

I don't know where else the public could go for true (independently research-based) information about what we are buying (especially supplements).

The public is just trying to be healthy and you protect us from gov (special interest influence) and industry compromise / ignorance.

Thank-you, Again!

Sincerely,
Chris, RN, BSN

ronf39
5/5/16

Dear sirs,

I just wanted to express how pleased I am with the quality of information in your newsletters. This information is available nowhere else as far as I know.
I am very happy to see that you are testing products relevant to health-oriented demographics such as those found in health food stores (like Whole Foods) or
websites (like I-Herb).

I am happily referring your website to my circle of influence.

I trust in your continued good work.

An enthusiastic subscriber,

leslies55
4/10/16

As a registered dietitian & certified diabetes educator, I highly value consumer labs reviews to advise and respond to family, friends, and patients regarding use of quality supplements.

marilynd16
4/5/16

Invaluable from the first time I discovered the site. We do not buy any supplement without checking here first.
In addition to the clear and easily accessible chart of test results based on lab analysis of actual samples bought are relevant discussions of issues and research results from credible sources.
CL allows us to discover actual ingredients, including those not mentioned by the manufacturer, the best quality and the best price supplement appropriate for our needs.

ritaw15
4/2/16

I needed help with opening my subcription to ConsumerLab. I e-mailed them for help and quickly got responses which enabled me to open my subscription. I thought my subscription had expired and that's why I couldn't open it, but I was wrong. Now I not only get excellent information from them, but I am very pleased with the service when I request assistance.

lynnk37
3/28/16

I first heard of ConsumerLab.com on Dr. Oz. The research that this organization provides in invaluable. I lecture on medical topics and CL is a priceless resource for me.

jimw95
3/25/16

I have Type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. I have tried to find my way through all the traditional and modern

jeffryk3
3/13/16

i've been subscribing to consumerlab for years. most people are apparently unaware that supplements are NOT fda regulated. what's on the label may bear little or no relation to what's inside the bottle. when it comes to supplements, you really don't know what you're buying- and you may be buying things like lead or arsenic contamination. btw a few months ago there was a story in the nytimes about the unreliability of vitamin supplements purchased from large, well known retailers. consumerlab buys items through normal retail channels and sends them to independent labs to find out what's really there. an invaluable service.

sunnyp4
2/25/16

I have been a member of this web-based service for two years and have renewed my membership for additional years. ConsumerLab fully delivers its promise: to identify the best quality health and nutritional products through independent testing. I'm a university professor and I found ConsumerLab reviews scientifically and technically accurate. Furthermore, the results are effectively summarised and explained in ways that they can be easily understood by anybody. I also like the regular test updates, information on product recalls, and answers to questions of the members. I would not take a supplement without first checking ConsumerLab reports.

lauras94
7/18/15

Since the OTC industry have almost no regulation, I consider extremely important this kind of sites that test so many products. From Maca to fish oil, always great information.

lorettal4
11/9/14

We have subscribed to ConsumerLab for over six years now. We are very much into natural and holistic health and, obviously, find ConsumerLab very helpful. Their subscription rate is $56 or $59 for two years and you can cancel at anytime, which we have done with no problem. We missed it so subscribed again. It is auto-renewed like almost every other subscription we have, so if you don't cancel it will charge your credit card again. Their website shows a great number of lab test findings which failed their tests. They also show even more companies who pass. The companies who fail are able to submit their differences of opinion or findings which are published by ConsumerLab along with the rest of their info. The FDA does not test supplements so we are at the mercy of any fly-by-night that chooses to go into business. The FDA does have guidelines which ConsumerLab checks to see that these are met as part of their testing. They test to assure that the supplement contains what it says it does, as well as tests that they contain no toxic materials. They show results of tons of research done by others around the world to educate members on what vitamins/supplements actually do and do not do for our health. The CEO of the company has testified before congress regarding legislation pertaining to vitamins and supplements. Sounds pretty well-respected to us!

tracyt
1/26/09

consumerlab - <p>It is a very interesting site. My 1st question is ...who funds them? There are alot of sites out there that report only  the way the owners prefer for their benefit. I really liked how detailed the information , but can I trust it to be true?
The site it's self is easy on the eye & is easy to understand.</p>

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ConsumerLab staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5/10/16
Add your answer
6/1/12
Answer
todc10
A: Thanks for your questions, Beth. ConsumerLab.com purchases and tests hundreds of supplements each year, but it is not possible to test every brand -- as there are more than 30,000 supplements sold in the U.S. Instead, we focus on those which tend to be most popular while still getting a good representation of the different sales channels, .e.g, mass market, supermarket, pharmacy, health food and vitamin stores, professional brands, direct distributor, etc. The number of different products we test in category ranges from about 10 to more than 50 depending on the popularity of the category. The testing is expensive and comprehensive, typically involving many tests and employing the most accurate analytical methods.

Our information regarding the use of supplements is based on extensive, ongoing review of clinical studies, which we reference. We point out what supplements have been shown to do, what they don't do, the form and dosage used, and potential side effects and drug interactions.

In our Product Reviews, we select, purchase, test, and report results -- pass or fail -- for every product selected for the review. These reviews are funded by our subscribers - over 70,000 individuals as well as libraries, colleges, and universities. Our mission is to help consumers identify high quality products through independent testing. We also operate the olderst 3rd party dietary supplement certification program in the U.S. (started in 1999), in which any company can voluntarily have its product independently tested to determine if it meets our standards. The company pays a testing fee and the product gets purchased and tested in the same manner as those we select for our reviews. If it passes, we include it on our site, identifying that it was tested through the voluntary program.

You can find more information about ConsumerLab.com athttps://www.consumerlab.com/aboutcl.asp. We are also the only 3rd party verification group to publicly disclose our testing methods and criteria, which you can access, by category, from https://www.consumerlab.com/methods_index.asp

I hope that helps answer your questions.

Sincerely,

Tod Cooperman, M.D.
President and Founder
ConsumerLab.com
2/22/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the ConsumerLab staff and other customers.
ConsumerLab?