Review of Agoda

Tel: +44 20 3027 7900
agipllc@agoda.com

johnw740
11/15/17

We planned a trip Iceland and Germany and booked a number of hotels through different vendors. We used Agoda for one of our hotel destinations and would not recommend anyone book through them. During our trip, we received an email from Agoda telling us they were cancelling our reservation at Landhotel Martinshof because they stated they could not get in touch with us to charge the credit card we provided to hold the reservation. Agoda stated they had sent an email advising us we needed to contact them about the credit card we used to reserve the hotel. I never received that email. It was the same credit card I used for other hotels which were through another booking companies. The only email I received from Agoda was the one telling me that because they could not charge my card my reservation had been cancelled. No other booking service we used charged our cards before we arrived at our hotel and all the other booking companies. This sudden cancellation of our reservation was a major inconvenience to say the least. We received the email the day before we were to check in at Landhotel Martinshof. We had to scramble to try to re-book with another hotel. We also emailed Agoda back and they basically said too bad. Horrible customer service.

almerb
11/11/17

Having booked through Agoda so many times, I never had to cancel my booking. Sick and not being able to travel to the hotel I have booked on the island of Koh Samet, I inform Agoda to cancel. On the phone, a man asked me a Medical Certificate in order to get refund. Therefore I go to see a doctor who gives me the certificate that I send by email to Agoda. The response of Agoda is quite surprising, they tell me that on the phone I have said that I was in Hong Kong (which is totally untrue) while the certificate has been established in Bangkok. Basically they suggest that I lied in order to get refund, by inventing thinks I have said on the phone in order to justify the non-refund. In summary for me Agoda i's over.

margheritas1
11/10/17

I made reservations for four rooms (for 8 people) on October 3rd and received confirmations from Agoda in October 4th. I printed the reservations but when I got to Washington, DC for the Society for Neuroscience International Conference on November 19th there was no reservation made by Agoda at the hotel. There was nothing the hotel could do saying it was an issue to be taken up with Agoda. To add insult to injury it was not possible to get in touch with Agoda!

davide213
10/16/17

Impossible to find hotels in London to redeem Agodas gift card, missleading adwertising and false hopes

simonx2
10/15/17

I just had a terrible experience booking a hotel with Agoda and would like to share my experience, so that no one else gets scammed in the same way.

In short, I was offered an insider deal which was much cheaper than the offers on other sites. However, when the credit card bill came back, the price turned out to be way higher. The customer service was not helpful at all. They kept pushing the blame on me by claiming that my app was set to US dollar, even though I have specifically made sure that the app was set to Singapore dollar before I made the booking. They also kept asking for screenshots to prove that I was offered the low price, but who on earth keeps screenshots of all his/her online purchases?!

My advice: book your hotels on other sites. If you really need to book on Agoda, take screenshots of the deals in case they jack up the prices later on.

markj241
9/30/17

Dont even entertain using these muppets, no confirmation, no communication and no customer service return calls. They take your money, dont pay the hotels. I really wish Id read the feedback on them before using them .... Never again.

bhartendus
9/29/17

Worst service, no confirmation of booking even after making 100% payment...in India it is horrible never try with this site...there is no confirmation or payment receieved , will be given to you on your mail or mobile number, secondly you can never contact them on there customers care numbers, no offices. ...even there payments to hotel owners are very poor, owners give preference to other guest from different hotel booking sites....NEVER TRY, I HAVE DONE A BIG MISTAKE

andrewn51
9/25/17

Be ready to surprises like cancellation of booked hotel's room just before check-in time.
No on time warning, no questions... you are in unfamiliar city, your booking is canceled, hotel doesn't have vacant room. Later it will be found in double-triple price ... Looks like fraud schematic ...

johnk449
9/25/17

We booked a hotel room through Agoda for a same-day reservation. When arriving at the hotel, they said they had no reservations for us, even though I had a "booking confirmation" from Agoda. I claimed Fraud with my credit card company, and they are working through it now. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

borisg16
9/13/17

Made reservation for our anniversary and they canceled a day before, will never use again. Customer service is not working, you call, wait for 30 min and they will hang out.

thomasq14
9/12/17

We were fleeing Florida 3 days prior to hurricane Irma striking Florida. Through Agoda I booked a room @ Red Roof Inn - Chipley Florida for two nights as a shelter almost 300 miles from our Saint Augustine condo. I called the hotel ahead on the night preceding our departure and was told we had no reservation and consequently no room!
Thanks Agoda.
Agoda did manage to charge my credit card for more than $140.00 . That charge now being disputed.

ankitak7
9/8/17

I made a booking at Hotel Sahara Star. I was asked when I would be arriving at the hotel and I provided that information. Now I assume that if the hotel does not have a room available for me when I arrive at the hotel, I would be communicated in advance so I can alter my plans accordingly. No such thing happened. The room was not to be available till 6 hours after my arrival at the hotel. When I called the customer service, the representative did not really solve the issue but kept repeating that it is covered by their terms and conditions. In stead of being apologetic she was extremely rude and unprofessional. Never using the service again.

barryh46
9/8/17

Mistakenly made a double booking . In the first day, website does not allow me to amend the date for check in. Second day, it allowed me to amend the check in date. I was prompted to key in credit card info without showinng amount to be charged. Made a bet, and keyed in. What made me jaw dropped was that , instead of cancelling the doubled booking and just moving the check in date with zero cost, I was charged the amount that was doulded the cost if I had forfeited the mistaken booking and made a fresh booking by myself. Perhaps this the exact way how the corp makes money. So when interact with this particular webs service, be more vigilant and think again when render your credit card info. Do not fall into the trap...

keithb113
9/7/17

Made a reservation two days ago they cancelled it on me last night. Completely incompetent customer service is rude and completely incompetent

jamesc473
9/6/17

Do not use this company! They cancelled three of our hotel reservations in japan without notifying us, resulting in $1500 in rebooking charges that Agoda refused to reimburse us for. Our calls to their company were not returned while we were on vacation. Although, we did have a very disturbing and unprofessional phone call from their customer service team a few weeks later. I wish I searched the internet for reviews before using them- so many bad reviews! This company should not be in business and must be avoided at all cost.

lukew58
9/1/17

Long story but basically Agoda had a hotel listed that shouldn't have been on there. When we arrived we were told that the hotel does not take bookings through agoda and hasn't done for several months due to agoda withholding funds. We couldn't stay at the hotel as it was full and even after we contacted agoda customer service we didn't get a refund.

davidr408
9/1/17

Tried to make reservation. Put I all Dara and hit enter. The internet on my computer then closed. Not their fault. However, never got an email confirmation. So I email. Their customer service responds. Asks for my phone number, and tells me they have 24 hour customer service line. Sent phone number and tried calling. Get answering machine. Need either booking number or extension of who I want to talk with. Have neither, and 0 doesn't work. They email...said tried calling but can't reach. Then another email...same name...send us your country code. Each email tells me about their 24 hour customer service line...so three times I ask for extension to dial when I call. Nothing. I will not be using this site, and have alerted my credit card company so as not to be charged.

kevinf93
9/1/17

When you book a hotel you give Credit Card details.... Very small print states that this info is pass to the hotel to wait for your hotel bill payment... Hotel staff then have access to you CC and can, and have, used it! First you know is when you receive a Fraud alert from your CC company!!! Why? because the hotel user ID is NOT Agoda, and your card is Blocked due to intended fraud use! TRUE

lat666
8/26/17

False advertising. There are cups & electric kettle on the picture, but in fact, there aren't. It takes me too long time to ask for hot water, after a lot of discussions.
The room is too small, the WC is for baby size only.
This is the worst hotel we have ever experienced.

sophieb43
8/22/17

Check direct rates before you book here, they're not at all competitive is what we found out too late, and we've arrived to find we've been overcharged for lesser rooms and amenities by going through Agoda - feel ripped off. We complained and they offered only to refund the current difference in price for a 2-night stay booking direct, despite the fact we are here longer, but the "customer satisfaction team" seems not to care about customer happiness at all, very spiky and stern to deal with and refused to take my complaint any further and talked down to me. Really awful customer service! Will be avoiding in the future.

ginaw31
8/21/17

After a two week hassle that included bank statement proof of being charged twice for my hotel, Agoda will NOT refund my money. The bank has confirmed the double charge via email and phone. Agoda KNOWS the mistake and now my bank is being forced to investigate the matter further.

zvikaf
8/20/17

Agoda false advertising wrong address!!!
my booking ID:225829796
The real saigoneer hotel in different address location.

azizs2
8/16/17

I booked hotel rooms on agoda and after making the payment I realised that it was for the wrong dates. Worst still, it was a non-refundable booking. Still, I requested agoda to try and get my booking changed for the required dates. However, since they were unable to reach the hotel for over 24 hrs. they cancelled my booking and offered to give me a gift voucher for the same amount to be used on agoda in the future. However, I requested them to give me a refund in cash instead and they did!

jaid34
8/16/17

Even if you get Confirmation Email for your Booking, there is no guarantee that you will get a room. And if you complain with the customer service they will give you a $#*!ty alternative or give you 10% discount to compensate their mistakes. My holiday got totally screwed. I spent over 1, 50, 000 for Rooms, Flights and travel and had a horrific experience.

sallyr44
8/7/17

Booked a hotel with "pay at hotel"option. The hotel charged my cc completely. Will not give me a refund. Agoda has posted pay at hotel and also has a cancellation policy of free cancellation if cancelled 2 weeks before check in. I have gone back and forth with agoda for almost 3 weeks. They will not admit to a technical error and will not give me my money back. I have provided them with screen shots as evidence of pay at hotel and also screen shot of the cancellation policy. Poor customer service. I will never use them ND will make sure alot of people won't . Will be reporting this to the better business beureu.

I didn't know that? I have had the best deals from them and I find them very helpful.

By Sandra B.

I don't bother making lists just search for where I am going and select the best deal for at least 1 mth before its needed and keep track of prices

By steve B.

janice depends on the hotel most want to use the credit card given for security due to fraud so check with the hotel first befor your husband becomes distraught

By Mel L.

It was my understanding that you receive points according to the amount of money you spend on reservations, not on writing reviews.

By Bonnie S.

Hi Marlon, you have to register to Agoda affiliation program, you will see all the history about your Agoda purchase and points. I use Agda very often, and I have already enjoyed a couple of weekends for free redeeming my points. of course when booking cheap hotels you get a few points only, so it will take time till you can get full benefits from it. It's a great way to keep customers with them, they are very smart.

By Alessandro P.

I am not aware of any reward for posting a review !

By Tee-Hong T.

I usually use my mobile phone to show the voucher, bbut most times hotels are not even bothered to see it as they have your name on file.

By Bob H.

ask your bank for a copy of the statement if you dont have one but a valid id would be handy if the hotel/motel do not allow then give them the flick and sue them

By Mel L.

sorry for the delay in response when i have booked through Agoda i know it is done but if your not feeling good about it then yes you can check but the result will still be the same when you arrive some of the tricks hotels /motels use is to say they never received the booking which is why Agoda gives you a booking reference hope this helps

By Mel L.
Questions? Get answers from the Agoda staff and other customers.

18 Photos for Agoda