Review of Agoda

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

maristelaz
4/24/17

They sent to me a voucher reservation with different information that was advertising in the web site. If you don't take photo or printed the adv before booking, you will pay more extras that they said was not included. In my case, the ad included breakfast and I paid for it, however they send the information after that breakfast was not included and I need to pay the extra breakfast in the hotel. I tried to check in web site and the advertising was not in the website anymore. I sent email to they please to have a check the advertising I had paid for and the answer was:

"This is in regards to your inquiry stating when you made the booking, breakfast is included in the booking. Please be informed we have checked with the hotel and they have stated breakfast is not included in this reservation as per the total charge made for the reservation.
If you would like to have breakfast at the property, kindly proceed to make a payment directly to the hotel as per price below;
BREAKFAST/ IDR 150 000/per adult/per day.
Please be kindly noted if you can not provide any proof to show the booking is included the breakfast, we are not able to verify with you. Since your booking condition and hotel voucher we sent to you clearly stated breakfast excluded.
Regards,
Isaac
Agoda Customer Support Team "

simonl55
4/21/17

Just a note of warning to fellow travelers using agoda. Don't believe their booking conditions when it states pay later at hotel. I selected this and was told that a card was only needed to hold the reservation and that no money would be taken. The payment was taken immediately! Agoda don't address the issue in replies to my complaint and don't want to know. Caused me a lot of problems and they are not interested in helping me. It is horrible being mislead. Will never use them again. Use agoda at your own peril.

carolinep24
4/13/17

DO NOT USE AGODA.COM!!!!!!!!!!! YOU BOOK AT ONE PRICE, GET CONFRIMED
AND THEN THEY CHARGE DOUBLE. THERE IS NOTHING IN PRINT, JUST A CONFIRMATION NUMBER AND THEN YOU GET CHARGED BEFORE OR ON DAY OF ARRIVAL. TOTAL COMPLETE SCAM AND THEY JUST SEND YOU A BUNCH OF SILLY E MAILS SAYING NOTHING.

coreya19
3/31/17

SCAM ALERT!!!! My brother and sister in law are currently sitting in a parking lot at 115 in the morning because this garbage service took their money and booked them at a hotel that had no rooms left. They aren't even offering to make up for their mistake! Absolute garbage!!!! DO NOT USE THIS SITE!

miked248
3/27/17

After booking a hotel, completing the credit card fraud prevention steps and receiving the booking confirmation, Agoda unilaterally cancelled the booking whilst we were traveling internationally therefore leaving us without accommodation on arrival at destination.
No explanation or apology was provided.
Based on our experience, we suggest that any international travelers use extreme caution when using this booking service as what might seem as a competitively priced offer ends up much more expensive and time consuming after being let down.

krishnap6
3/24/17

I booked a hotel with Agoda with my card for someone else. I paid it with my card and mentioned my family person's email address on it who is actually going to stay at the hotel. There were issue with the payment and we were trying different cards to pay Agoda. My family member did not stay at the hotel for the amount I paid and the hotel was agreed to refund to Agoda. Agoda never refunded back since Nov, 2016. I had emailed them multiple times and they always came up with an excuse and holding my money illegally. I would not recommend Agoda to anyone. Its very annoying when they say your name is not on the booking. Idiots I paid it with my credit card that has my name. so stupid excuses that hard to believe and that proves they do not want to refund the money. so I'm going to my bank and apply charge back to recover my money.

daveb164
3/15/17

They charge my pre-registered card a few days in advance of my arrival date, but they charge it in British £ because it is from a British bank, but the card is in Australian $ and I have to pay a conversion fee. They say they cannot change this. They did make not make it clear in what currency I would be charged when I made the bookings. I will never use Agoda again.

alyssae7
2/27/17

We will never book through Agoda again. We had to leave unexpectedly due to a family illness. We called asking for a refund due to a spontaneous illness of a family member. They concluded that medical documentation is needed for a refund. Due to patient privacy and HIPPA regulations documents could not be sent. Horrible customer service, not willing to work with customers. Very Heart-less.

sharont77
2/19/17

My friends and I decided to have a short getaway over at Lexis Hibiscus ,Port $#*!son and booked our Seaview room using Agoda in December 2016 for our trip on 18 February 2017. We even sent another email requesting for early check in through Agoda, and in which they have responded to us that we will be able to. My friend then checked her email and Agoda account on 17 February 2017 to get our resort details and the booking was stated CONFIRMED.

We left on 18 February at 7.30am happily through a long journey and went to check in. To our utter shock, we were told that our booking were CANCELLED. Naturally, we FREAK out! We did not understand why it was cancelled and at the same time, the resort has a bad Wi-Fi connection which makes it even harder to check on our status. After a long time, we were managed to get the connection and went back to the email and status in Agoda account and found out it was cancelled and an email was sent ONLY at 9.36am on the same day at 18 February 2017. This blew our mind.. Without proper notification and Agoda decided to just cancelled our bookings 5 HOURS before our check in time. The worst thing it , for some reason our bookings was transferred to BOOKING.COM (God knows why) and thats why the resort couldn't trace it for a while...

And because of this, we spent 2 more hours to resolve this and get a walk in price and room (not the best view).

PS: USE AGODA AT YOUR OWN RISK!

roshikaj
2/17/17

The best website for finding affordable hotels for international. We can easily surf the Agoda for good hotel with good deal.

assdfdga
2/15/17

TOLD ME THEY WAIVING THE CHARGES FOR MY LAST NIGHT AS WE DIDNT STAY AND DUE TO POOR COMMUNICATION BETWEEN HOTEL AND THE ACTUAL WEBSITE THEY TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM REFUNDING IT. APPALLING BEHAVIOR AND VERY UNPROFESSIONAL !

pranayj1
2/14/17

I booked a hotel in India during Feb 18th 2017 period and received email from Agoda stating I will have to relocate to whatever crappy hotels they are now suggesting because the hotel I reserved, is overbooked and I will not get more than 50% refund. This isn't my mistake to begin with. They stated within 3 days of booking I am eligible for only 50%. Though they informed me very late and I am not entitled for refund. Its there mistake to inform me late and so they should pay me in full.. Very bad experience and would not recommend this site to anyone for booking. No customer care available internationally, only UK number.

richards305
2/14/17

Their price/discount is just a lie. Many hotels offer better rate than their advertised price. Basically they lie to people who book online with artificial discounts.

danajohnc
1/21/17

We booked one room, two beds at Golden Palace Hotel in Phnom Penh. On arrival they said we booked one room, one bed. A closer look at the confirmation email revealed there were no details so we couldn't prove it was not our mistake. Since my brother an I haven't slept in the same bed for over 50 years we were forced to pay nearly double to get 2 beds. The email should have shown details. Wasn't our mistake.

michaels550
1/19/17

The second time I used the Agoda app I had my reservation held back due to a fraud alert. I legitimately put in the wrong CV code from an old credit card, so not their bad. I called the 24/7 ?? Number which is not 24/7, unless they are confused what this means!! I talked to a rep he said he would cancel that booking and I could just book again. My favorite hotel was short on rooms so l booked again per their instruction (correct CV code this time.) thought I got my room! About an hour later saw I had another email from Agoda...another fraud alert - my booking was not confirmed! I called their 24/7 (not!) line twice. No answer, left a message. Six hours later still no reply...called back - now like $60 in phone charges because it's not toll free, they keep putting me on hold for 12 minutes etc. I asked to speak to a manager. What do you know...no one available! After several more calls I asked to have a Manager call me back. 3 days still waiting. I lost my favorite hotel, all booked now. Still no call back from my messages nor request to have a manager call me. These guys have no clue! I've been using Booking.com for 5 years in 12 countries, never a problem. Agoda deserves zero stars in my opinion. They either don't know what customer service is or don't care! Never Again Agoda!

darshang
12/28/16

Did a booking with Agoda and to earn points paid extra charges on the hotel room rate. 8 months the ponts were never credited . Feel cheated as paid extra charges and their respond to it check with our airlines. No more Agoda

jonathanj36
12/20/16

I am the hotel partner and guest of agoda.com

The customer service and partner service of AGODA .com is very VERY POOR. VERY HARD TO CONTACT after the credit card fund was deducted to their company account.

VERY VERY HARD to get any feed back for a long time for urgent issue like the payment issue in the both side of hotel and guest. They are quiet and disappear like invisible thief. Sometime they acknowledged for my enquiry but need almost a week to get the feedback ( have reference )

It's happen many many times for the service of AGODA.com in both side of customer and partner.

This will make you feel very bore and give up for Agoda.com services.

In the status of Hotel partner :
Now I decide to decrease allotment for agoda and increase for their competitor. They never care because they think they are very very big company. Let see what will happen ...

In the status of Guest who book room from Agoda.com :
I will stop use this website although sometime it is a bit cheaper but non refundeable in case i have change my plan. I use another website who has better service to make my trip smoother.

Let's decrease allotment for AGODA.com.
Let's Book the room on another site like EXPEDIA.com, TRAVELOKA.com, HOTELS.com, AIRBNB.com

or

Wotif
BedandBreakfast
Thomas Cook
Ebookers

Let see what will happen with this HUGE company with POOR services...

busterm16
12/7/16

Confirmed a hotel reservation without prepayment.

samanthar59
10/22/16

I save money whenever I book through Agoda. It's my go-to place when I am in search for travel deals.

lauries50
9/6/16

I made a booking, with the understanding that I could cancel up to 31 days in advance of arrival. The agoda site I used indicated that there would be a "25% charge if cancelled up to 31 days prior to arrival." Most individuals would read this to mean within the 31 day timeframe, not at any time after booking. I booked to hold a room while exploring air travel arrangements, which in the end didn't work out. I cancelled within 12 hours of initial booking, 37 days prior to arrival, and had my credit card charged for 600+ dollars. This is a really unfair practice! The language is completely misleading and such customer service unethical and bordering on fraudulent. You should not say "up to 31 days" - you should be indicating that there is a cancellation fee for ALL bookings!! I am a well educated individual and from my perspective this is a scam on the part of Agoda!. I hope other travellers will not be misled by this practice.

nevinu
8/21/16

Ended up paying for a room that I never used. I tried to change dates with >24hrs notice due to illness in family. Told nothing that could do, too short notice. Other online companies have free cancellation, or simply reserve booking and pay on arrival. Recommend you use them and never ever pay up front unless you have free cancelation. Really disappointed with Agoda, and their poor foreign call centre support. Will never use again.

aksp1
8/16/16

I had booked a hotel in Mysore for long weekend. The actual tariff of the hotel was Rs.1800 but this $#*! website costed me Rs.8000. That was not worth at all.. the hotel didn't even had wifi.

Tip for consumers: DOnt book thro' this

inderdeepa
8/13/16

No one pics call in India customer care. Even it shows switched off. After booking when you reach hotel, hotel says they have not given any confirmation.worst nightmare to book on Agoda

sharmilar
7/28/16

I got a superb last minute deal in a hotel which was not available on any other site. And I didnt have to pay immediately so that I had enough time to decide.

mohdzulkiflyh
7/28/16

Easy and very fast booking

29 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Agoda staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question