US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

danajohnc
1/21/17

We booked one room, two beds at Golden Palace Hotel in Phnom Penh. On arrival they said we booked one room, one bed. A closer look at the confirmation email revealed there were no details so we couldn't prove it was not our mistake. Since my brother an I haven't slept in the same bed for over 50 years we were forced to pay nearly double to get 2 beds. The email should have shown details. Wasn't our mistake.

michaels550
1/19/17

The second time I used the Agoda app I had my reservation held back due to a fraud alert. I legitimately put in the wrong CV code from an old credit card, so not their bad. I called the 24/7 ?? Number which is not 24/7 unless they are confused what this means!! I talked to a rep he said he would cancel that booking and I could just book again. My favorite hotel was short on rooms so l booked again per their instruction (correct CV code this time.) thought I got my room! About an hour later saw I had another email from Agoda...another fraud alert - my booking was not confirmed! I called there 24/7 (not!) line twice. No answer, left a message. Six hours later still no reply...called back - now like $60 in phone charges because it's not toll free, they keep putting me on hold for 12 minutes etc. I asked to speak to a manager. What do you know...no one available! After several more calls I asked to have a Manager call me back. 3 days still waiting. I lost my favorite hotel, all booked now. Still no call back from my messages nor request to have a manager call me. These guys have no clue! I've been using Booking.com for 5 years in 12 countries, never a problem. Agoda deserves zero stars in my opinion. They either don't know what customer service is or don't care! Never Again Agoda!

darshang
12/28/16

Did a booking with Agoda and to earn points paid extra charges on the hotel room rate. 8 months the ponts were never credited . Feel cheated as paid extra charges and their respond to it check with our airlines. No more Agoda

jonathanj36
12/20/16

I am the hotel partner and guest of agoda.com

The customer service and partner service of AGODA .com is very VERY POOR. VERY HARD TO CONTACT after the credit card fund was deducted to their company account.

VERY VERY HARD to get any feed back for a long time for urgent issue like the payment issue in the both side of hotel and guest. They are quiet and disappear like invisible thief. Sometime they acknowledged for my enquiry but need almost a week to get the feedback ( have reference )

It's happen many many times for the service of AGODA.com in both side of customer and partner.

This will make you feel very bore and give up for Agoda.com services.

In the status of Hotel partner :
Now I decide to decrease allotment for agoda and increase for their competitor. They never care because they think they are very very big company. Let see what will happen ...

In the status of Guest who book room from Agoda.com :
I will stop use this website although sometime it is a bit cheaper but non refundeable in case i have change my plan. I use another website who has better service to make my trip smoother.

Let's decrease allotment for AGODA.com.
Let's Book the room on another site like EXPEDIA.com, TRAVELOKA.com, HOTELS.com, AIRBNB.com

or

Wotif
BedandBreakfast
Thomas Cook
Ebookers

Let see what will happen with this HUGE company with POOR services...

busterm16
12/7/16

Confirmed a hotel reservation without prepayment.

samanthar59
10/22/16

I save money whenever I book through Agoda. It's my go-to place when I am in search for travel deals.

lauries50
9/6/16

I made a booking, with the understanding that I could cancel up to 31 days in advance of arrival. The agoda site I used indicated that there would be a "25% charge if cancelled up to 31 days prior to arrival." Most individuals would read this to mean within the 31 day timeframe, not at any time after booking. I booked to hold a room while exploring air travel arrangements, which in the end didn't work out. I cancelled within 12 hours of initial booking, 37 days prior to arrival, and had my credit card charged for 600+ dollars. This is a really unfair practice! The language is completely misleading and such customer service unethical and bordering on fraudulent. You should not say "up to 31 days" - you should be indicating that there is a cancellation fee for ALL bookings!! I am a well educated individual and from my perspective this is a scam on the part of Agoda!. I hope other travellers will not be misled by this practice.

nevinu
8/21/16

Ended up paying for a room that I never used. I tried to change dates with >24hrs notice due to illness in family. Told nothing that could do, too short notice. Other online companies have free cancellation, or simply reserve booking and pay on arrival. Recommend you use them and never ever pay up front unless you have free cancelation. Really disappointed with Agoda, and their poor foreign call centre support. Will never use again.

aksp1
8/16/16

I had booked a hotel in Mysore for long weekend. The actual tariff of the hotel was Rs.1800 but this $#*! website costed me Rs.8000. That was not worth at all.. the hotel didn't even had wifi.

Tip for consumers: DOnt book thro' this

inderdeepa
8/13/16

No one pics call in India customer care. Even it shows switched off. After booking when you reach hotel, hotel says they have not given any confirmation.worst nightmare to book on Agoda

sharmilar
7/28/16

I got a superb last minute deal in a hotel which was not available on any other site. And I didnt have to pay immediately so that I had enough time to decide.

mohdzulkiflyh
7/28/16

Easy and very fast booking

carlm54
7/28/16

I use Agoda all the time to book my hotels. The website is easy to use and the call centre is very helpful if you need to contact them and fix things up quickly. They are generally the cheapest price available on hotel websites.

lias10

Good value for money

tapans
7/28/16

It was a simple and smooth exercise in booking through Agota.

masoudr1
7/28/16

I have done many bookings with Agoda and it is really reliable, user friendly, informative, and possible to compare hotels. never had a single problem with the site even for canceling or changing the bookings. I chose Agoda among many other booking sites, because of my wonderful experience with this site.

galinal
Galina L.
7/28/16

Mostly I use Agoda when booking hotels for my stay and I never experienced any problem.
Their prices in compare with another services are adequate and reasonable.

dillysulr
7/28/16

fast and easy booking, reliable and updated.

johannesv3
7/28/16

Agoda has been proven to be safe and sound with a fine customer service..

alexk89

Faster booking

razlana
7/28/16

Fast confirmation, easy to navigate and convenient

shadya1
7/28/16

the most flexible online website for hotel bookings, easy to use, more options, benefits and the most important always finding a good rates

brucem87
7/28/16

Easy to navigate,.great prices, secure.

andrep22
7/28/16

It's always so simple and easy to book hotels using the Agoda platform.

jaynep6
7/28/16

When we were looking for a short break to Kyrenia we came across this website which was very user friendly and easy to find what we were looking for. Whilst on our break we decided to extend our holidays by an extra 3 days and again used their services. Excellent and would highly recommend.We had originally booked a different hotel, how ever we were informed it had closed down, as a gesture of goodwill we were offered a sea view room with dinner on the four nights which was gratefully received as this was a special break for my husband and I celebrating our wedding anniversary.

27 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Agoda staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question