Review of Agoda

Tel: +44 20 3027 7900
agipllc@agoda.com

borisg16
9/13/17

Made reservation for our anniversary and they canceled a day before, will never use again. Customer service is not working, you call, wait for 30 min and they will hang out.

thomasq14
9/12/17

We were fleeing Florida 3 days prior to hurricane Irma striking Florida. Through Agoda I booked a room @ Red Roof Inn - Chipley Florida for two nights as a shelter almost 300 miles from our Saint Augustine condo. I called the hotel ahead on the night preceding our departure and was told we had no reservation and consequently no room!
Thanks Agoda.
Agoda did manage to charge my credit card for more than $140.00 . That charge now being disputed.

ankitak7
9/8/17

I made a booking at Hotel Sahara Star. I was asked when I would be arriving at the hotel and I provided that information. Now I assume that if the hotel does not have a room available for me when I arrive at the hotel, I would be communicated in advance so I can alter my plans accordingly. No such thing happened. The room was not to be available till 6 hours after my arrival at the hotel. When I called the customer service, the representative did not really solve the issue but kept repeating that it is covered by their terms and conditions. In stead of being apologetic she was extremely rude and unprofessional. Never using the service again.

barryh46
9/8/17

Mistakenly made a double booking . In the first day, website does not allow me to amend the date for check in. Second day, it allowed me to amend the check in date. I was prompted to key in credit card info without showinng amount to be charged. Made a bet, and keyed in. What made me jaw dropped was that , instead of cancelling the doubled booking and just moving the check in date with zero cost, I was charged the amount that was doulded the cost if I had forfeited the mistaken booking and made a fresh booking by myself. Perhaps this the exact way how the corp makes money. So when interact with this particular webs service, be more vigilant and think again when render your credit card info. Do not fall into the trap...

keithb113
9/7/17

Made a reservation two days ago they cancelled it on me last night. Completely incompetent customer service is rude and completely incompetent

jamesc473
9/6/17

Do not use this company! They cancelled three of our hotel reservations in japan without notifying us, resulting in $1500 in rebooking charges that Agoda refused to reimburse us for. Our calls to their company were not returned while we were on vacation. Although, we did have a very disturbing and unprofessional phone call from their customer service team a few weeks later. I wish I searched the internet for reviews before using them- so many bad reviews! This company should not be in business and must be avoided at all cost.

lukew58
9/1/17

Long story but basically Agoda had a hotel listed that shouldn't have been on there. When we arrived we were told that the hotel does not take bookings through agoda and hasn't done for several months due to agoda withholding funds. We couldn't stay at the hotel as it was full and even after we contacted agoda customer service we didn't get a refund.

davidr408
9/1/17

Tried to make reservation. Put I all Dara and hit enter. The internet on my computer then closed. Not their fault. However, never got an email confirmation. So I email. Their customer service responds. Asks for my phone number, and tells me they have 24 hour customer service line. Sent phone number and tried calling. Get answering machine. Need either booking number or extension of who I want to talk with. Have neither, and 0 doesn't work. They email...said tried calling but can't reach. Then another email...same name...send us your country code. Each email tells me about their 24 hour customer service line...so three times I ask for extension to dial when I call. Nothing. I will not be using this site, and have alerted my credit card company so as not to be charged.

kevinf93
9/1/17

When you book a hotel you give Credit Card details.... Very small print states that this info is pass to the hotel to wait for your hotel bill payment... Hotel staff then have access to you CC and can, and have, used it! First you know is when you receive a Fraud alert from your CC company!!! Why? because the hotel user ID is NOT Agoda, and your card is Blocked due to intended fraud use! TRUE

lat666
8/26/17

False advertising. There are cups & electric kettle on the picture, but in fact, there aren't. It takes me too long time to ask for hot water, after a lot of discussions.
The room is too small, the WC is for baby size only.
This is the worst hotel we have ever experienced.

sophieb43
8/22/17

Check direct rates before you book here, they're not at all competitive is what we found out too late, and we've arrived to find we've been overcharged for lesser rooms and amenities by going through Agoda - feel ripped off. We complained and they offered only to refund the current difference in price for a 2-night stay booking direct, despite the fact we are here longer, but the "customer satisfaction team" seems not to care about customer happiness at all, very spiky and stern to deal with and refused to take my complaint any further and talked down to me. Really awful customer service! Will be avoiding in the future.

ginaw31
8/21/17

After a two week hassle that included bank statement proof of being charged twice for my hotel, Agoda will NOT refund my money. The bank has confirmed the double charge via email and phone. Agoda KNOWS the mistake and now my bank is being forced to investigate the matter further.

zvikaf
8/20/17

Agoda false advertising wrong address!!!
my booking ID:225829796
The real saigoneer hotel in different address location.

azizs2
8/16/17

I booked hotel rooms on agoda and after making the payment I realised that it was for the wrong dates. Worst still, it was a non-refundable booking. Still, I requested agoda to try and get my booking changed for the required dates. However, since they were unable to reach the hotel for over 24 hrs. they cancelled my booking and offered to give me a gift voucher for the same amount to be used on agoda in the future. However, I requested them to give me a refund in cash instead and they did!

jaid34
8/16/17

Even if you get Confirmation Email for your Booking, there is no guarantee that you will get a room. And if you complain with the customer service they will give you a $#*!ty alternative or give you 10% discount to compensate their mistakes. My holiday got totally screwed. I spent over 1, 50, 000 for Rooms, Flights and travel and had a horrific experience.

sallyr44
8/7/17

Booked a hotel with "pay at hotel"option. The hotel charged my cc completely. Will not give me a refund. Agoda has posted pay at hotel and also has a cancellation policy of free cancellation if cancelled 2 weeks before check in. I have gone back and forth with agoda for almost 3 weeks. They will not admit to a technical error and will not give me my money back. I have provided them with screen shots as evidence of pay at hotel and also screen shot of the cancellation policy. Poor customer service. I will never use them ND will make sure alot of people won't . Will be reporting this to the better business beureu.

js310
8/5/17

Nothing is what it seems on the Agoda website. I entered the dates for my chosen hotel and booked the hotel. On confirmation, the dates had changed to my original search a few weeks previously not the dates I had chosen. I paid a fortune but guess what, it was not refundable. Beware of this site

annef51
8/2/17

And you may get sickwsick when you have to deal with Bad sadistic rude agent an then you are just stocked there and cannot do otherwise because You already paid your money
This is the worst experience it is not a company it is a group of sick of mad people who make you turn around hours without helping with your problem. I presume they enjoyed it. Get away from this company to save your business trip or vacation

debbieh109
7/31/17

I have never booked with or even heard of this site before, but after booking a hotel through another site, this site popped up and was $10 cheaper. So, okay, I cancelled the original and booked through Agoda. Luckily I had no issues like other people, but when I got my visa bill a month later, they charged a "foreign transaction fee" of almost $5, so now the savings was only $5 total. Never anywhere on their site did it indicate this was a foreign website (like paying in dollars or euros). Customer beware.

woll4
7/31/17

Have to cancel with my pregnant wife for medical reasons but they still cashed the reservation! Despite 45 minutes on their pay phone number and returned 4 times justificatories, no news, no credit note nor refund.
Terrible commercial service. Book your hotels directly !

shail80
7/27/17

Of course they give the best rates for hotels booking, but then you get your credit card bill and see they charged you extra - much more than the booking first offer which you agreed for.
There is only one word for this: thieves!
Beware of Agoda.com.

lindsayl19
7/22/17

We planned a trip to Amsterdam a couple months in advance. Booked through Agoda and had an issue with my card because it expired in the two months. I received an email to update payment, followed the links and directions and thought all was fine and good to go. Leave for Europe and have limited internet access. After a week we go to Amsterdam to settle in to our hotel booked through agoda. It was not reserved. The hotel had me call agoda and they said the reservation had been cancelled. I did not cancel. I check my email and find agoda emailed me 2 days before my stay and said if my card wasn't re-entered within 24 hours my stay would be cancelled. Another email the day before says it was cancelled. There was nothing we could do without email access..so we had no where to stay. Luckily my husband found a place last minute across town. What a mess!

If you use this company, stay on top of your email and don't trust that things will be fine. I will never use them and would not recommend to others.

gitsys
7/15/17

Guaranteed a rate on the confirmation they sent us and now we may have to
pay an additional $11+. They refuse to cooperate, Not their fault. they say Cheats and scam
company Email responses are a joke Stay away from them

carolinep26
6/28/17

I booked a room for 4 May 23rd to 28th. We had a 14 hours drive to Manhattan. When we got there (Midnight), the receptionnist at the hotel told me they double booked us and that they could'nt accomodate us because they were full. Also, they mentionned they informed Agoda about it, but no e-mail was sent to us.
I called Agoda to learn theywould reimburse me for the whole stay and they would payone day extra for inconvience to me. I asked them to find me a place to stay for one night instead of giving me this compensation and they refused.
It was in the middle of the night. Although the agent was polite and nice, Agoda couldn't care less about the fact I did not have a place to sleep. I had to call around myself to finally find a room (3 o'clock in the morning) that cost me almost 700 $ CAD for few hours sleep (400 $ more than planned) because all afordable hotels were booked.

mohammedn13
6/27/17

I have booked tickets for hotel in madinah for 2 days from April 22-24 in Bhasporous hotel , Madinah , saudi arabia .

Suddenly on 21st night i have recived e mail stating my booking has been canceled due to unavailablity and they will pay me for 3 days that is one day extra for inconvience . I was wondering since i have booked the rooms on 16th that is almost a week before , even my card was charged at the same day . There was no customer care number , i emailed them that this is not acceptable but it doesent matter since they already canceled it .

After couple of emails , i have recieved my money after 10 days with the same amount what i paid .

I would never prefer this kind of useless service since i had big problem during my visit to madinah because of hotel cancelation on such a short notice .

Mohammed Naser
Maakkah , saudi arabia

Helpful answer

I didn't know that? I have had the best deals from them and I find them very helpful.

By Sandra B. on 5/28/15
Helpful answer

I don't bother making lists just search for where I am going and select the best deal for at least 1 mth before its needed and keep track of prices

By steve B. on 6/22/15
Helpful answer

Great Site. No worries...Go Ahead you can trust Agoda. Member almost 3 years now and never a problem

By Richard D. on 5/7/15
Helpful answer

janice depends on the hotel most want to use the credit card given for security due to fraud so check with the hotel first befor your husband becomes distraught

By Mel L. on 4/13/15
Helpful answer

It was my understanding that you receive points according to the amount of money you spend on reservations, not on writing reviews.

By Bonnie S. on 10/13/15
Helpful answer

Hi Marlon, you have to register to Agoda affiliation program, you will see all the history about your Agoda purchase and points. I use Agda very often, and I have already enjoyed a couple of weekends for free redeeming my points. of course when booking cheap hotels you get a few points only, so it will take time till you can get full benefits from it. It's a great way to keep customers with them, they are very smart.

By Alessandro P. on 12/5/12
Helpful answer

I am not aware of any reward for posting a review !

By Tee-Hong T. on 10/26/15
Helpful answer

I usually use my mobile phone to show the voucher, bbut most times hotels are not even bothered to see it as they have your name on file.

By Bob H. on 11/20/15
Helpful answer

ask your bank for a copy of the statement if you dont have one but a valid id would be handy if the hotel/motel do not allow then give them the flick and sue them

By Mel L. on 9/18/15
Helpful answer

sorry for the delay in response when i have booked through Agoda i know it is done but if your not feeling good about it then yes you can check but the result will still be the same when you arrive some of the tricks hotels /motels use is to say they never received the booking which is why Agoda gives you a booking reference hope this helps

By Mel L. on 2/16/16
Questions? Get answers from the Agoda staff and other customers.

18 Photos for Agoda