WorldStores.co.uk reviews

Twickenham, MIDX TW1 3QS, UK
Tel: +44 0844 482 7500

danielg361
9/1/18

Awful. Do not order from this company. Open one box and stated assembly. Lots of chips, dents, scratches etc. Used their website to arrange a refund and collection. Still not received a reply or acknowledgement of my email 5 days later. Terrible quality and even worse customer service. Called their helpline took them over 35 minutes to answer. To be told that I need to reply to an email and they would get back to me when they are next in the area for collection and a refund. Not good enough!!!

sammyt18
8/22/18

The worst quality products I have ever purchased and the worst customer service , poor return service, poor customer service . Stayed in all day for a courier to pick up a return . No one appeared . Phoned up and was told courier could not collect as the road I live on was closed . Lies lies lies . I wonder how anyone managed to drop off or collect their children from school that day if the road was closed , oh wait the could because it was a blatant lie . I am so annoyed about this

meganm195
7/29/18

Honestly I would not give 1 star - ordered mattress for delivery on day of choice - Wednesday. Worldstore sent confirmation so took day off then courier contacted to say they would be delivering Thursday so rearranged my shifts- not easy in NHS so I could be home. Wednesday night courier rang to say mattress was not at the depot yet so would contact me. Phoned worldstores customer services who said they would contact courier. No contact from anyone rest of week or weekend so phoned customer services again on Monday who told me they will e mail courier again. I asked if they could not telephone them direct and they said they had no contact numbers!!!. Contacted courier myself via the message they left me and courier said they had not received the mattress from Worldstores. Cancelled order immediately but by then Worldstores had had my money for 10 days then took another week to refund. Disgusting customer service - avoid at all costs any of the companies connected to Worldstores

nigeg1
7/10/18

Horrendous ongoing experience. I bought a log store from this company and it was delivery on 1st June. During delivery your driver damaged my driveway (i accept accidentally)and the store itself is mouldy with fungus growing on it. I have emailed you on 7-8 occasions since including sending you attachments of the damage to driveway and store. You promise to reply but usually do not. The last time you bothered to reply you stated that you would resolve my issues. This was 19 June. Yet again, I've heard nothing since.

kamilem
6/24/18

The worst company ever! Highly advise to NEVER order from them.
Sent the wrong item FOUR times. We never received what we ordered. Promised a good will gesture for wasting time, but never carried through. Never even processed the refund for the item. No replies to emails. 3 months later had to get the money back through the trading standards. Again, DO NOT ORDER!

ardeshira
3/25/18

I was unfortunate to order 3 wardrobes from this company. They arrive in awful conditions. One side of packaging was opened and the goods were in terrible conditions. Nobody with a bit of decency would deliver goods in this condition.
I contacted them and arranged a refund and collection. They gave me a date for collection. One person stayed at home the whole day nobody arrived and nobody even rang us. I waited to see if somebody will get in touch, but nobody did I contact them again they even were not apologizing. They are supposed to come to collect the goods another day, but I am not sure that they would come. They are an awful company with no sense of responsibilities

emes7
2/18/18

I would only ever leave bad review if I felt so strongly and didn't want others suffer. Good thing is the quality of the bed is nice (material only). That's it. I am furious at the appalling services. Only 4 castors arrived with the bed then after complaining 4 more did arrive- but they are wheels! One of the draws was broken on arrival. I can not attach the headboard to the bed- there is nothing there! Communication with customer services was fairly good for the first month... it's now been nearly 3 and I've heard nothing. They offered to send another bed, I booked a day's leave from work then heard nothing? No one will respond to emails or tell me who to call. I will not let this lie. The bed was not cheap and this company are a joke

harshitr3
1/31/18

Not sure if all this negative feedback has made them improve. I want to commend Worldstores on their returns process. Received a damaged item from them which was disappointing but the ease of return has left a good impression. They gave a collection schedule 4 days after I reported the problem. Collection people arrived on the day. Money including delivery fee was back in Paypal account within 1 hr of the item being collected. I may still order from them in future.

clairec65
12/7/17

Dunelm/Worldstores/Achica clearly hold their customers in very low regard: emails, PMs and contact via their various websites go unanswered. My Achica order is nearly 3 months overdue and they've had my money all that time. Even their CEO ignores me! I'm not giving up and suggest all posters here with similar stories email their anger to: andy.harrison@dunelm-mill.co.uk

garethb4
11/23/17

I placed an order for a frame bed for over £600, I chased and chased. Customer service said they would investigate and phone me back within 3 days, guess what a week later and nearly 1 hours on hold I got through and told me the bed was discontinued and should not have been sold and I would get a refund in 5 to 7 days!!! No apology no compensation, they had my money for a month and now I wait another week for a refund!!

Avoid Avoid Avoid this company do not use!!!!!
ORDER WS1687349

martins184
11/14/17

Please don't use this company; you will not see your product and when you are refunded, they will keep the delivery charge..ironic, but sadly true.

traceys84
11/13/17

If I could give zero stars I would. Please dont shop here PLEASE GO ELSEWHERE. Save your money save your time. Customer service HAHAHAH There isn't any. They take your money send the stuff even if its wrong then avoid you.

mikiec
11/7/17

If I could give a lower score than one star I would .This is essentially a corrupt company especially now its been sold on to Dunhelm. The staff clearly dont care if you get your order or if you get your money back .The customer service telephone number you use just rings , that is because they are not answering the calls not because they are busy.Thank God i paid using PayPal at least I stand a chance of getting my money back . As this company has an obligation to provide the service or goods you have paid for and not bothered to do so then they are in breach of contract as a seller.Contact your card company or PayPal or citizens advice .There are people working within world stores who clearly do not care at all what happens to you or your money

daniele130
11/3/17

Ive had the most atrocious online shopping experience ever with this so called company. They havent delivered my item and havent given me money back. They have cancelled the order but yet no sign of my money. This is the most recent problem Ive had with them the list of unbelievably bad customer service goes on and on. Ive bought 2 products off this website and had issues both times with either damaged goods, bad customer service ,delivery no where near on time or in this case no delivery at all. And now they keep hold of my money as well. You pay £10 for delivery and either get it a week late or never.

Shocking, this company is so bad. I will keep writing reviews and take legal action against them till they finally get figured out. They are clearly breaking the law. Horrible business

christ7710
11/3/17

Just been told item is out of stock on day of delivery. I had to chase them as well to find this out. All I got was sorry. Now have to find a bed and mattress elsewhere and spend the next 5 days sleeping on the floor!!!! Will never buy through bedroomworld or any worldstores company again.

barbarah200
10/28/17

We ordered rather an expensive 6 seater dining set from them. My husband received a text message confirming the delivery of the order on Wednesday, straight after that another text that we shouldn't be waiting for it because it isn't coming. This was in the evening when he already arranged taking a day off work.
The order did arrive on Thursday but to his surprise only 2 chairs were delivered instead of 6. After spending 45 min on hold trying to get through to the customer service, he was told by the agent that the order shows as delivered (!) and she isn't sure why only 2 chairs arrived. Well, how were we supposed to know?!? He arranged another delivery for this Saturday. As we didn't know when the order would come, we couldn't make any plans for the day.
Today, the driver turned up with only 2 chairs not 4! He was rather rude, kept saying he doesn't have 2 boxes only one and pushed us into accepting and signing for the delivery - why was there no option as signing for it as incomplete/damaged? He drove off.
I then rang World Stores, spent 30 min on hold and the call didn't lead anywhere. The agent said that the delivery is showing 1 parcel out of 1 (yes, I know this, I was present at the delivery) and said she can't do anything because customer services are not in over the weekend. Whose customer services?!? Do they have multiple customer service departments or what?
I demanded a compensation, she said she can't talk to me because I'm not an account holder.
I then requested a phone call not an email from their customer service manager, she said they can't call me because I'm not an account holder. I then asked the manager to ring my husband, I was turned down again.
I asked for the name of the manager, I was yet again turned down as she said that she doesn't know who will be working next week!
The the agent refused to give me her full name saying "I'm not obliged to do so"
After 2 deliveries we still haven't received everything so will need to take another day off work and frankly, I'm expecting more issues to happen.
Their customer service is absolutely disgusting, this was our first order and definitely the last one and I will be discouraging all our friends and family from shopping with them.
The sooner they go bust, the better!

jenniferk151
10/27/17

1 star is generous.
I spent 5 1 hour calls to them, due to being on hold for at least 50 minutes each time as they delivered half of a corner sofa in the wrong colour.
They gave 1 date to collect and re-deliver then told me the day before they couldn't do it so I selected another date.
At this point I didn't trust them so I called them again to double check and I was right, they had not even noted down the new date for collection and re-delivery.
I then got a confirmation email for the new date for collection and re-delivery after insisting the man sent this to me before I hung up.
Half an hour later I got an email saying the sofa was now out of stock!
I asked for a 50% refund to leave the sofa as it is as it was causing me so much stress, money on calling and time. They agreed but then didn't refund me until another 2, 1 hour calls over the next couple of days.
I spent around 5 hours on hold to World Stores.
NEVER AGAIN.

saxong
10/23/17

The worst "customer service " experience ever anyway. Feeling almost too exhausted to write this. I've never left full reviews like this in the past but no one deserves the pain of dealing with this company and the company certainly doesn't deserve any customers.
We ordered 2 sofas on Aug 24th and was given a 2 week delivery time... plus paid extra for a Saturday delivery. After that we never heard back. Arow XL (yodel rebranded) were due to deliver it but had no record of it as the suppliers had it sitting unlabelled in thier warehouse for weeks. This info was divulged after 3 complaints via their complaints page and about 10 to 15 calls where I was on hold 30+ mins each and every time I called. No promised call backs received and no records kept by them recording half the calls or passing on any complaints. After finally receiving the delivery, they left it outside in the rain as they couldn't fit it through a normal doorway as the legs were assembled and the delivery guys weren't allowed to unwrap it even with us being there so they swiftly left us to it. Called one last time today to follow up on my complaint as I'd been told I can expect compensation. Of course they again claimed no record of it and tried to direct me back to the online complaints portal. When I said they never respond to that, the grumpy lady told me theyre randomly looked at by managers so I "might" heare back from them "in the next couple of months ".

Honestly, I went with this store as I was after a bargain and ill never do so again.
Do yourself a favour and order from a reputable company.

Saxon.

alexb249
10/15/17

Do not buy from this company save yourself the stress. They do not get back to you, it's impossible to contact them if your product is faulty! I have had no refund neither has the faulty bed been collected. I am still waiting nearly 3 weeks later and sleeping on a mattress on the floor & pregnant! This is the worst company I have ever known. Take note: Do not buy from this company you will regret it! Check fave book and other reviews I haven't seen a good one yet!

jennij5
10/4/17

placed an order with worldstores for a duvet set on the 9/9/17.. emailed after a few weeks as nothing came, and the delivery couriers said they had never received the parcel. Tried to contact their customer services numerous times but could never get an aswer. Finally got through on the 28/9 and got the item re ordered because apparently it had been lost in transit. The lady said it would be 3-5 days.. then on the 6th day I received a text, saying not to wait in as my order would not be coming and they would call me tomorrow. Had no explanation why and contact from them since. It is now the 4/10 and been nearly 4 weeks since I placed the first order. Now trying to get hold of them for a refund and cannot get through again.. been on hold for hour! NEVER PLACE AN ORDER THROUGH THIS COMPANY!

shalaj2
10/3/17

very. ad service no one answer the phone still on the phone now writing this review.bad delivery they text me twice saying they left 5am im still waiting 6.30pm

tarika6
9/25/17

I ordered two single mattresses three weeks ago. My wife, who was at home at the time of delivery, expected the driver to deliver the two items to our flat on the 2nd floor of the building. The driver called her to come down, however, as soon as my wife signed the delivery sheet, the driver in question dumped the two mattresses outside the building and refused to help taking the heavy furniture to our floor, shouting "we don't do the stairs my friend". My wife begged him to help as she suffers from chronic back pain and she struggles to lift small items, let alone two heavy mattresses. We are really angry and shocked about the level of indifference, lack of professionalism and poor customer service shown by the man in question. Normally all our orders to other companies including furniture items are usually delivered to our flat door, if not inside the flat itself.
I sent a complaint the day after, however I haven't received any response so far.

andream162
9/19/17

My money has been taken but there was no working form to arrange delivery. Are these sofas actually in existence?

jamesa257
9/18/17

My goods haven't arrived and I have tried to call them several times and each time I have been left on hold for more than an hour!!! I can't even get my money back? Do not buy anything from these people they without doubt the worst outfit I've ever dealt with and I've dealt with a few i can tell you. Total Crooks!!! James (Surrey)

dominiqueg20
9/7/17

They lie - then don't answer, then lie again. Currently, they don't even take calls. Never come across a more unprofessional bunch of people. amazed they're still in business. And i don't usually write reviews, but needed to find an outlet for my frustration

Here is a list of the main corporate investors in Worldstores Ltd (Company number 03909772) - a highly unethical & fraudulent company with zero integrity: Goldman, Sachs & Co; Advent Venture Partners; Balderton Capital; Serena Capital. Worldstores Ltd company Directors include: Mr David Joseph Murray (CEO); Mr Richard Jeremy Tucker (CEO): Mr Mark Evans; Mr Mark William Evans; Mr Michael Hilary Chalfen; Mr Marc Fournier; Mr David Vincent Reis; Mr Peter Anthony Baines. Google (UK Tax cheat) also has a close working relationship with Worldstores Ltd. Feefo ('The global ratings and reviews provider used by the world's most trusted brands') also have a close working relationship with Worldstores. Interesting, the reviews hosted on Feefo for Worldstores, generally of a positive nature (and the only review host which Worldstores proudly lauds on its website), do not reflect the consensus of public opinion which is freely available in the online public domain, at all, in fact - the vast majority of online public/feedback review platforms are clearly critical of Worldstores. I have contacted Feefo about these clear and significant disparities and have not had any response (I wonder why?).

By D W.

now you can't say that, she will get your question removed next lol, bunch of crooks

By fiona m.

By fiona m.

Call the sales department line instead of customer services (worldstores.co.uk only cares about obtaining your cash and couldn't give a damn about customer service or industry laws and standards).

By D W.

Questions? Get answers from the WorldStores.co.uk staff and other customers.

WorldStores.co.uk?