WorldStores.co.uk reviews

Twickenham, TW1 3QS, UK
Tel: +44 0844 482 7500

clairec65
12/7/17

Dunelm/Worldstores/Achica clearly hold their customers in very low regard: emails, PMs and contact via their various websites go unanswered. My Achica order is nearly 3 months overdue and they've had my money all that time. Even their CEO ignores me! I'm not giving up and suggest all posters here with similar stories email their anger to: andy.harrison@dunelm-mill.co.uk

garethb4
11/23/17

I placed an order for a frame bed for over £600, I chased and chased. Customer service said they would investigate and phone me back within 3 days, guess what a week later and nearly 1 hours on hold I got through and told me the bed was discontinued and should not have been sold and I would get a refund in 5 to 7 days!!! No apology no compensation, they had my money for a month and now I wait another week for a refund!!

Avoid Avoid Avoid this company do not use!!!!!
ORDER WS1687349

martins184
11/14/17

Please don't use this company; you will not see your product and when you are refunded, they will keep the delivery charge..ironic, but sadly true.

traceys84
11/13/17

If I could give zero stars I would. Please dont shop here PLEASE GO ELSEWHERE. Save your money save your time. Customer service HAHAHAH There isn't any. They take your money send the stuff even if its wrong then avoid you.

mikiec
11/7/17

If I could give a lower score than one star I would .This is essentially a corrupt company especially now its been sold on to Dunhelm. The staff clearly dont care if you get your order or if you get your money back .The customer service telephone number you use just rings , that is because they are not answering the calls not because they are busy.Thank God i paid using PayPal at least I stand a chance of getting my money back . As this company has an obligation to provide the service or goods you have paid for and not bothered to do so then they are in breach of contract as a seller.Contact your card company or PayPal or citizens advice .There are people working within world stores who clearly do not care at all what happens to you or your money

daniele130
11/3/17

Ive had the most atrocious online shopping experience ever with this so called company. They havent delivered my item and havent given me money back. They have cancelled the order but yet no sign of my money. This is the most recent problem Ive had with them the list of unbelievably bad customer service goes on and on. Ive bought 2 products off this website and had issues both times with either damaged goods, bad customer service ,delivery no where near on time or in this case no delivery at all. And now they keep hold of my money as well. You pay £10 for delivery and either get it a week late or never.

Shocking, this company is so bad. I will keep writing reviews and take legal action against them till they finally get figured out. They are clearly breaking the law. Horrible business

christ7710
11/3/17

Just been told item is out of stock on day of delivery. I had to chase them as well to find this out. All I got was sorry. Now have to find a bed and mattress elsewhere and spend the next 5 days sleeping on the floor!!!! Will never buy through bedroomworld or any worldstores company again.

barbarah200
10/28/17

We ordered rather an expensive 6 seater dining set from them. My husband received a text message confirming the delivery of the order on Wednesday, straight after that another text that we shouldn't be waiting for it because it isn't coming. This was in the evening when he already arranged taking a day off work.
The order did arrive on Thursday but to his surprise only 2 chairs were delivered instead of 6. After spending 45 min on hold trying to get through to the customer service, he was told by the agent that the order shows as delivered (!) and she isn't sure why only 2 chairs arrived. Well, how were we supposed to know?!? He arranged another delivery for this Saturday. As we didn't know when the order would come, we couldn't make any plans for the day.
Today, the driver turned up with only 2 chairs not 4! He was rather rude, kept saying he doesn't have 2 boxes only one and pushed us into accepting and signing for the delivery - why was there no option as signing for it as incomplete/damaged? He drove off.
I then rang World Stores, spent 30 min on hold and the call didn't lead anywhere. The agent said that the delivery is showing 1 parcel out of 1 (yes, I know this, I was present at the delivery) and said she can't do anything because customer services are not in over the weekend. Whose customer services?!? Do they have multiple customer service departments or what?
I demanded a compensation, she said she can't talk to me because I'm not an account holder.
I then requested a phone call not an email from their customer service manager, she said they can't call me because I'm not an account holder. I then asked the manager to ring my husband, I was turned down again.
I asked for the name of the manager, I was yet again turned down as she said that she doesn't know who will be working next week!
The the agent refused to give me her full name saying "I'm not obliged to do so"
After 2 deliveries we still haven't received everything so will need to take another day off work and frankly, I'm expecting more issues to happen.
Their customer service is absolutely disgusting, this was our first order and definitely the last one and I will be discouraging all our friends and family from shopping with them.
The sooner they go bust, the better!

jenniferk151
10/27/17

1 star is generous.
I spent 5 1 hour calls to them, due to being on hold for at least 50 minutes each time as they delivered half of a corner sofa in the wrong colour.
They gave 1 date to collect and re-deliver then told me the day before they couldn't do it so I selected another date.
At this point I didn't trust them so I called them again to double check and I was right, they had not even noted down the new date for collection and re-delivery.
I then got a confirmation email for the new date for collection and re-delivery after insisting the man sent this to me before I hung up.
Half an hour later I got an email saying the sofa was now out of stock!
I asked for a 50% refund to leave the sofa as it is as it was causing me so much stress, money on calling and time. They agreed but then didn't refund me until another 2, 1 hour calls over the next couple of days.
I spent around 5 hours on hold to World Stores.
NEVER AGAIN.

saxong
10/23/17

The worst "customer service " experience ever anyway. Feeling almost too exhausted to write this. I've never left full reviews like this in the past but no one deserves the pain of dealing with this company and the company certainly doesn't deserve any customers.
We ordered 2 sofas on Aug 24th and was given a 2 week delivery time... plus paid extra for a Saturday delivery. After that we never heard back. Arow XL (yodel rebranded) were due to deliver it but had no record of it as the suppliers had it sitting unlabelled in thier warehouse for weeks. This info was divulged after 3 complaints via their complaints page and about 10 to 15 calls where I was on hold 30+ mins each and every time I called. No promised call backs received and no records kept by them recording half the calls or passing on any complaints. After finally receiving the delivery, they left it outside in the rain as they couldn't fit it through a normal doorway as the legs were assembled and the delivery guys weren't allowed to unwrap it even with us being there so they swiftly left us to it. Called one last time today to follow up on my complaint as I'd been told I can expect compensation. Of course they again claimed no record of it and tried to direct me back to the online complaints portal. When I said they never respond to that, the grumpy lady told me theyre randomly looked at by managers so I "might" heare back from them "in the next couple of months ".

Honestly, I went with this store as I was after a bargain and ill never do so again.
Do yourself a favour and order from a reputable company.

Saxon.

alexb249
10/15/17

Do not buy from this company save yourself the stress. They do not get back to you, it's impossible to contact them if your product is faulty! I have had no refund neither has the faulty bed been collected. I am still waiting nearly 3 weeks later and sleeping on a mattress on the floor & pregnant! This is the worst company I have ever known. Take note: Do not buy from this company you will regret it! Check fave book and other reviews I haven't seen a good one yet!

jennij5
10/4/17

placed an order with worldstores for a duvet set on the 9/9/17.. emailed after a few weeks as nothing came, and the delivery couriers said they had never received the parcel. Tried to contact their customer services numerous times but could never get an aswer. Finally got through on the 28/9 and got the item re ordered because apparently it had been lost in transit. The lady said it would be 3-5 days.. then on the 6th day I received a text, saying not to wait in as my order would not be coming and they would call me tomorrow. Had no explanation why and contact from them since. It is now the 4/10 and been nearly 4 weeks since I placed the first order. Now trying to get hold of them for a refund and cannot get through again.. been on hold for hour! NEVER PLACE AN ORDER THROUGH THIS COMPANY!

shalaj2
10/3/17

very. ad service no one answer the phone still on the phone now writing this review.bad delivery they text me twice saying they left 5am im still waiting 6.30pm

tarika6
9/25/17

I ordered two single mattresses three weeks ago. My wife, who was at home at the time of delivery, expected the driver to deliver the two items to our flat on the 2nd floor of the building. The driver called her to come down, however, as soon as my wife signed the delivery sheet, the driver in question dumped the two mattresses outside the building and refused to help taking the heavy furniture to our floor, shouting "we don't do the stairs my friend". My wife begged him to help as she suffers from chronic back pain and she struggles to lift small items, let alone two heavy mattresses. We are really angry and shocked about the level of indifference, lack of professionalism and poor customer service shown by the man in question. Normally all our orders to other companies including furniture items are usually delivered to our flat door, if not inside the flat itself.
I sent a complaint the day after, however I haven't received any response so far.

andream162
9/19/17

My money has been taken but there was no working form to arrange delivery. Are these sofas actually in existence?

jamesa257
9/18/17

My goods haven't arrived and I have tried to call them several times and each time I have been left on hold for more than an hour!!! I can't even get my money back? Do not buy anything from these people they without doubt the worst outfit I've ever dealt with and I've dealt with a few i can tell you. Total Crooks!!! James (Surrey)

dominiqueg20
9/7/17

They lie - then don't answer, then lie again. Currently, they don't even take calls. Never come across a more unprofessional bunch of people. amazed they're still in business. And i don't usually write reviews, but needed to find an outlet for my frustration

taraf13
8/31/17

Do not buy from this company! Kept sending me fabricated consignment numbers and delivery times despite the item being out of stock so I was repeatedly kept waiting for no reason. Outright liars. Awful company. Was offered 10% off my next purchase as 'compensation' for having to wait repeatedly (and what would have been indefinatley if I hadnt of chased it up myself) and now having to wait upto 10 days for a refund! As if I am going to be stupid enough to order from them again!

juliee31
8/24/17

One of the worst companies I've had the misfortune of dealing with. Getting through on the phone is a nightmare and you're holding on for absolute ages. Staff unhelpful and jobs not carried out. I had an email telling me my order was cancelled as I cancelled it but I've still had no refund and now I've just had a text saying the item is coming tomorrow. I wish I had read the reviews before purchase. RUN AND DONT LOOK BACK!

chriss599
8/17/17

I have had a bed delivered. The headboard was damaged 3 months later no replacement.Many phone calls made false promises made by Herther J, Jackie H and Ryan T. Stay away from this store as the don't like giving you refunds or supplying replacement parts. I have had three cases open for this issue. Got told that the headboard will be 10 days, then told it's not been ordered they criticised there own staff for not ordering it.
All I want is the headboard but due to the way the company are being this is why I'm putting up this review to WARN others of them.
I have emails and have emailed them time after time. My next step pending my last email Is to seek legal advise.
11/08/2017

jamesh473
8/11/17

This company needs to be reported to action fraud. Ridiculous! However apparently Worldstores made £100m in sales last year >> http://thebosh.com/worldstores-review-avoid-at-all-costs/

andys146
8/4/17

My sofa arrived damaged and spent a week trying to get through to after sales spending many hours on phone trying to make contact.Also they recommend to email and then they don't reply.2weeks later I got a replacement and then had to argue for the courier to take the damaged one away.AVOID THIS COMPANY

Tip for consumers: AVOID AS YOU WIll ONLY GET GRIEF IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM

debbiec122
8/3/17

Bed broke after five days leaving child with nowhere to sleep. Have spent a total of 2 hours on hold trying to get through on the phone over the last two days (although if I telephone sales it is answered in less than a minute!). Don't reply to E mails. Shocking customer services!

jennifers408
7/29/17

Please heed the reviews of others too. Do not buy from this company. I ordered chairs with a 4-6 weeks delivery time. 11 weeks on and I still haven't received them. I have phoned and emailed several times asking for my money back but no reply. Very annoyed. My next step is to raise a court action against them. Can't see any other way of getting my hard earned money returned.

barbaraf82
7/11/17

Totally appalling, incompetent service. I ordered 5 items, nearly 2 weeks ago, that claimed to be "next day" delivery. When it came to select the delivery date, next day wasn't available, and the only other day I could be in for the delivery was nearly 2 weeks on. Fair enough, I understand that next day is not always possible. But since I have waited nearly 2 weeks and have selected, from their choice, a date for delivery, then I assumed the items I had ordered would have been delivered on time! NOT THE CASE! Out of the 5 items I ordered only 1 came on the correct day. ONE!!!! It is a bed frame with NO mattress!!! Ridiculous! By 4pm I was concerned that something had gone wrong with the delivery, so I phoned the office. I spoke to a very nice man who said that yes, all 5 of my items were on record to be delivered that day. So I waited. More hours past and still NOTHING!!! I wasted an entire day waiting on 4 items that were not been delivered. What is the point of the "select a day" delivery option if nothing is going be delivered that day??? The next day 3 out of my 5 items had been delivered. When I contacted them regarding the other 2 it turns out that they had not left the depot yet. Farcical, ridiculous, appalling service.

Here is a list of the main corporate investors in Worldstores Ltd (Company number 03909772) - a highly unethical & fraudulent company with zero integrity: Goldman, Sachs & Co; Advent Venture Partners; Balderton Capital; Serena Capital. Worldstores Ltd company Directors include: Mr David Joseph Murray (CEO); Mr Richard Jeremy Tucker (CEO): Mr Mark Evans; Mr Mark William Evans; Mr Michael Hilary Chalfen; Mr Marc Fournier; Mr David Vincent Reis; Mr Peter Anthony Baines. Google (UK Tax cheat) also has a close working relationship with Worldstores Ltd. Feefo ('The global ratings and reviews provider used by the world's most trusted brands') also have a close working relationship with Worldstores. Interesting, the reviews hosted on Feefo for Worldstores, generally of a positive nature (and the only review host which Worldstores proudly lauds on its website), do not reflect the consensus of public opinion which is freely available in the online public domain, at all, in fact - the vast majority of online public/feedback review platforms are clearly critical of Worldstores. I have contacted Feefo about these clear and significant disparities and have not had any response (I wonder why?).

By D W.

Call the sales department line instead of customer services (worldstores.co.uk only cares about obtaining your cash and couldn't give a damn about customer service or industry laws and standards).

By D W.

Questions? Get answers from the WorldStores.co.uk staff and other customers.

WorldStores.co.uk?