WorldStores.co.uk

WorldStores.co.uk

WorldStores.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.13 stars from 212 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about WorldStores.co.uk most frequently mention customer service, next day and phone call problems. WorldStores.co.uk ranks 390th among Furniture sites.

No positive highlights yet

• This is the most recent problem Ive had with them the list of unbelievably bad customer service goes on and on.
  • I had to cancel the floor laying to accommodate new delivery dates which were not fulfilled.
How would you rate WorldStores.co.uk?

“Respectable returns process”

Har$#*! R.
1/31/18

Not sure if all this negative feedback has made them improve. I want to commend Worldstores on their returns process. Received a damaged item from them which was disappointing but the ease of return has left a good impression. They gave a collection schedule 4 days after I reported the problem. Collection people arrived on the day. Money including delivery fee was back in Paypal account within 1 hr of the item being collected. I may still order from them in future.

“Do not use this company”

Daniel G.
9/1/18

Awful. Do not order from this company. Open one box and stated assembly. Lots of chips, dents, scratches etc. Used their website to arrange a refund and collection. Still not received a reply or acknowledgement of my email 5 days later. Terrible quality and even worse customer service. Called their helpline took them over 35 minutes to answer. To be told that I need to reply to an email and they would get back to me when they are next in the area for collection and a refund. Not good enough!

customer service (84) delivery date (27) delivery company (9) trading standards (12)
danielg361
September 1st, 2018
nigeg1
July 10th, 2018
Horrendous ongoing experience. I bought a log store from this company and it was delivery on 1st June. During delivery your driver damaged my driveway (i accept accidentally)and the store itself is mouldy with fungus growing on it. I have emailed you on 7-8 occasions since including sending you attachments of the damage to driveway and store. You promise to reply but usually do not. The last time you bothered to reply you stated that you would resolve my issues. This was 19 June. Yet again, I've heard nothing since.
laurag127
January 27th, 2017
Failed to deliver on multiple occasions, many wasted days waiting for a delivery that didn't come and they only inform you during the day that you are due to receive your delivery that the delivery is not en route. I had to remove my old furniture in anticipation of the original delivery date, so no sofa or chairs at 39 weeks pregnant. Customer service always tried to help but not very helpful being promised a delivery date to be let down repeatedly by the depot. Very disappointing.
kamilem
June 24th, 2018
The worst company ever! Highly advise to NEVER order from them.
Sent the wrong item FOUR times. We never received what we ordered. Promised a good will gesture for wasting time, but never carried through. Never even processed the refund for the item. No replies to emails. 3 months later had to get the money back through the trading standards. Again, DO NOT ORDER!
dianec55
December 8th, 2015
Following my initial review of my experience with worldstores I can now say that after asking the delivery men for a contact number I was put in touch with a lady called Fran in Barnsley who was very helpful I am now in receipt of 2 new doors of the correct size. I love the doors they are great quality and look fab (premdor Monaco oak with glazed panel) So don't give up if you have any problems keep ringing keep emailing. Good luck.
jennifers408
July 29th, 2017
Please heed the reviews of others too. Do not buy from this company. I ordered chairs with a 4-6 weeks delivery time. 11 weeks on and I still haven't received them. I have phoned and emailed several times asking for my money back but no reply. Very annoyed. My next step is to raise a court action against them. Can't see any other way of getting my hard earned money returned.
sammyt18
August 22nd, 2018
The worst quality products I have ever purchased and the worst customer service, poor return service, poor customer service. Stayed in all day for a courier to pick up a return. No one appeared. Phoned up and was told courier could not collect as the road I live on was closed. Lies lies lies. I wonder how anyone managed to drop off or collect their children from school that day if the road was closed, oh wait the could because it was a blatant lie. I am so annoyed about this
clairec65
December 7th, 2017
Dunelm/Worldstores/Achica clearly hold their customers in very low regard: emails, PMs and contact via their various websites go unanswered. My Achica order is nearly 3 months overdue and they've had my money all that time. Even their CEO ignores me! I'm not giving up and suggest all posters here with similar stories email their anger to: *******@dunelm-mill.co.uk
alexb249
October 15th, 2017
Do not buy from this company save yourself the stress. They do not get back to you, it's impossible to contact them if your product is faulty! I have had no refund neither has the faulty bed been collected. I am still waiting nearly 3 weeks later and sleeping on a mattress on the floor & pregnant! This is the worst company I have ever known. Take note: Do not buy from this company you will regret it! Check fave book and other reviews I haven't seen a good one yet!
harshitr3
January 31st, 2018
juliee31
August 24th, 2017
One of the worst companies I've had the misfortune of dealing with. Getting through on the phone is a nightmare and you're holding on for absolute ages. Staff unhelpful and jobs not carried out. I had an email telling me my order was cancelled as I cancelled it but I've still had no refund and now I've just had a text saying the item is coming tomorrow. I wish I had read the reviews before purchase. RUN AND DONT LOOK BACK!
taraf13
August 31st, 2017
Do not buy from this company! Kept sending me fabricated consignment numbers and delivery times despite the item being out of stock so I was repeatedly kept waiting for no reason. Outright liars. Awful company. Was offered 10% off my next purchase as 'compensation' for having to wait repeatedly (and what would have been indefinatley if I hadnt of chased it up myself) and now having to wait upto 10 days for a refund! As if I am going to be stupid enough to order from them again!
debbiec122
August 3rd, 2017
Bed broke after five days leaving child with nowhere to sleep. Have spent a total of 2 hours on hold trying to get through on the phone over the last two days (although if I telephone sales it is answered in less than a minute!). Don't reply to E mails. Shocking customer services!
janicew34
May 16th, 2016
DO NOT BUY from this company

Bought new parasol, put it up slight breeze lifted parasol out of cast iron base, fell over pole crushed not strong enough to take size as too thin and light weight. Told shame no refund no apology. Pole bent so hard could not collapse parasol, only way to cut it through spokes £62.99, not including post lasted ten minutes. Sub standard goods.
brendaj40
March 4th, 2017
After taking the payment twice, the memory foam matress was a shoddy product, within 2 weeks it had dipped badly both sides, hence rolling off the bed, after numerous calls and em, there insisted the matress is not faulty, so no refund or replacement, I may have thrown the money away as now need to purchase another matress, do not use this company!
ardeshira
March 25th, 2018
I was unfortunate to order 3 wardrobes from this company. They arrive in awful conditions. One side of packaging was opened and the goods were in terrible conditions. Nobody with a bit of decency would deliver goods in this condition.
I contacted them and arranged a refund and collection. They gave me a date for collection. One person stayed at home the whole day nobody arrived and nobody even rang us. I waited to see if somebody will get in touch, but nobody did I contact them again they even were not apologizing. They are supposed to come to collect the goods another day, but I am not sure that they would come. They are an awful company with no sense of responsibilities
alexc43
September 16th, 2013
I ordered a mattress from these people 3 weeks ago and I am still waiting. Their help line is useless (hopelessly under staffed with 30 minute wait times) and they take two or three days to respond to emails. The original problem (mattress returned by courier because it was received damaged) was possibly not their fault but being completely unable to respond when something does go wrong is their fault. My advice is to avoid this company unless you don't mind waiting a very long time for things to arrive.
teresag41
December 30th, 2016
I searched for a long time for a mattress of good quality. Different websites... decided on bedroom world. Ordered my exspensive mattress at 1pm, on line(cant do shops)... Then i read the reviews, thats it i thought, lost my money! No delivery! BUT i had my delivery at 7.20 am the next morning! So pleased and was the correct mattress, pleasant delivery men too, sorry it was so early they said, not me! I would have been very anxious all day! Well done world stores. Dont know what went wrong with the terrible reviews!?!...
meganm195
July 29th, 2018
Honestly I would not give 1 star - ordered mattress for delivery on day of choice - Wednesday. Worldstore sent confirmation so took day off then courier contacted to say they would be delivering Thursday so rearranged my shifts- not easy in NHS so I could be home. Wednesday night courier rang to say mattress was not at the depot yet so would contact me. Phoned worldstores customer services who said they would contact courier. No contact from anyone rest of week or weekend so phoned customer services again on Monday who told me they will e mail courier again. I asked if they could not telephone them direct and they said they had no contact numbers!. Contacted courier myself via the message they left me and courier said they had not received the mattress from Worldstores. Cancelled order immediately but by then Worldstores had had my money for 10 days then took another week to refund. Disgusting customer service - avoid at all costs any of the companies connected to Worldstores
johnb360
February 21st, 2015
At the moment, we are waiting for a mattress that was supposed to be arriving with the rest of the shop (including 2 beds and 2 mattresses), after paying next day delivery cost. They said it will arrive on Saturday without any extra charge and its 16:47PM with no signs of the delivery. When call the contact number, it went through to sales and the girl says that she can't help us as we need to wait for customer service line which will open on Monday. Then she said that she cannot track our order and when asked to speak to the supervisor, she said that her supervisor is unavailable. We are not at all happy with the customer service. It was our first time with world stores and I don't think we'll be coming back.
garethb4
November 23rd, 2017
I placed an order for a frame bed for over £600, I chased and chased. Customer service said they would investigate and phone me back within 3 days, guess what a week later and nearly 1 hours on hold I got through and told me the bed was discontinued and should not have been sold and I would get a refund in 5 to 7 days! No apology no compensation, they had my money for a month and now I wait another week for a refund!

Avoid Avoid Avoid this company do not use!
ORDER WS1687349
jamesa257
September 18th, 2017
My goods haven't arrived and I have tried to call them several times and each time I have been left on hold for more than an hour! I can't even get my money back? Do not buy anything from these people they without doubt the worst outfit I've ever dealt with and I've dealt with a few i can tell you. Total Crooks! James (Surrey)
jemb1
May 13th, 2016
2nd time ive had to write this as it wont let me add explicits even with ** between them
I feel i need to add a positive to the negative of worldstores as what we received lends itself to it
We went to dreams to look at mattresses but had a budget, were not well off so this is a big investment & dreams, though found our perfect mattress, always wanted to upsell us & the price of the cheapest one fitted to us, massively excelled our price range.
So we knew what we wanted but wasnt prepared to pay dreams prices, so the wife went online & found the mattress we liked for £300 cheaper from world stores so we ordered it with the promise of a 3-4 week delivery.
Well 5 weeks later & it hadnt arrived so i started to panic & started to look up reviews like this & realised ive been doopt, i thought thats it ill never see our money again, in part the reviews were damning, so i rang customer services *******500 & was a little taken aback to how helpful they were (as i was expecting rudeness &^ blais, from the reviews) they said they were the 1st port of call & they would escalate it (i thought yeah that aint going to happen) but a day later i got an email to say it'd been escaleated & the following day i had a request to when could they deliver.
It got delivered on the day (yes their timescale says from 7am to8pm & they will ring an hour b4 (didnt happen)) & the drivers were exceptional (they couldnt find our road as the satnat takes them to bollards) & ended up carrying a heavy kingsize mattress 300 yards then up a flight of stairs to our bedroom.
So yes if you want it now & then go to dreams & pay over the odds if your prepared to wait, worldstores why not
garye37
November 16th, 2016
Ok if they get the order right and don't get me wrong they are quite capable of getting it right, you would never know how bad they are. If however you are as unfortunate as me to end up with the wrong product, God help you trying to get it changed, they make you jump through hoop after hoop wasting your time asking for photo's measurements, then you get some new customer service person and it starts again. Seriously avoid this company at all costs!
db61
February 14th, 2014
We purchased 2 beds on the 15th Jan, we placed an order over the phone. The order was placed with no problems and the good arrived as expected on the delivery date... however since arriving one of the foot boards have a missing "thread". I tried to contact customer after sales but unable to get through, so I used their website to report the issue. Eventually I received a reply by email, apologising and stating replacements threads would be sent for us to fix in ourselves ( for the screws)

The "threads" arrived but did not fit, so I replied to the email with this update. A few days later they replied could we measure the diameter of the hole.

I replied this was not our responsibility and could we have a replacement foot board or refund.

I have not heard anything. I have also used their website to report the damage a further 3 times and have tried to contact Customer service, just hanging on...

Thank you to everyone who has written on this website

Here is a list of the main corporate investors in Worldstores Ltd (Company number 03909772) - a highly unethical & fraudulent company with zero integrity: Goldman, Sachs & Co; Advent Venture Partners; Balderton Capital; Serena Capital. Worldstores Ltd company Directors include: Mr David Joseph Murray (CEO); Mr Richard Jeremy Tucker (CEO): Mr Mark Evans; Mr Mark William Evans; Mr Michael Hilary Chalfen; Mr Marc Fournier; Mr David Vincent Reis; Mr Peter Anthony Baines. Google (UK Tax cheat) also has a close working relationship with Worldstores Ltd. Feefo ('The global ratings and reviews provider used by the world's most trusted brands') also have a close working relationship with Worldstores. Interesting, the reviews hosted on Feefo for Worldstores, generally of a positive nature (and the only review host which Worldstores proudly lauds on its website), do not reflect the consensus of public opinion which is freely available in the online public domain, at all, in fact - the vast majority of online public/feedback review platforms are clearly critical of Worldstores. I have contacted Feefo about these clear and significant disparities and have not had any response (I wonder why?).

By D W.