Review of WomanWithin

Indianapolis, IN 46283, US
Tel: 1-800-228-3120

bjc16
7/12/19

I purchased 3 bike shorts (exactly the same) from Woman Within on Amazon. These were each too large. For two shorts, this vender provided free return via Amazon at Kohl's. For the third shorts they would not allow this return policy - they are charging me return shipping via USPS only. The sizing chart for these shorts was inaccurate. I do not recommend for anyone to make purchases from Woman Within.

cherylj90
6/26/19

I have only ordered from this company once but had no issues. They are owned by the same company as roamans but the clothing is not quite as "quality" as roamans. Thats not to say they are no good just of lesser quality. Thinner material etc. Also...their sizes are just a little off. What i normally get at roamans i have to get a size larger at woman within for the same fit. i had no issues with either exchange or return and i did both with my order. I would use the site again.

betsyh29
6/22/19

I purchased nightgowns that started coming apart where the lace met the fabric. I saw they had other complaints of this when I looked at the other reviews.
They were not interested in helping me and told me there was nothing they could do!
Don't waste your money!!!!

susanb898
6/12/19

I have been ordering from Woman Within for about 4 years. I've never had a problem with an order but my complaint is that I can't order an item that is listed in their catalog. I received the May catalog that showed some knit shorts that had the Multi Tropical Beach theme. When I tried to order them they were already sold out! In MAY! Not just sold out of one size, but all sizes!
I received another catalog in June with the same shorts and they're still sold out! I sent an email to customer service and got the generic answer that I figured I would get. They ran out because they had more orders than they anticipated.
EXCUSE ME, but the model is wearing that style and usually more people order the style the model is wearing than any other! And it is the only Beach style shorts that you have in the entire catalog! People go to the beach in the summer, especially in the South.
I'm frustrated that they ran out of these shorts before the catalog was even mailed out and before Spring really got started. Please don't send generic answers to me about not enough stock. This is BEACH ATTIRE! You should have thought ahead!

milagrok
6/6/19

I have ordered several shirts from here and they are always too small on the arms; Ive also ordered bras and they are wayyyyyy too small. I either cant get them on or I just cannot breathe in them.

mariahe4
5/23/19

I ordered a nightgown for my mother in law two weeks before mother's day, it came about a week before Mother's Day; I ordered a 3X, the package said 3X but what they sent was a 5X!!

So, I called and they apologized and asked if they could send me the right order and I said only if it will come by that Thursday because that's when we would be heading home to see her. They promised me it would be there no problem I wouldn't be charged but on my bank account they had charged me 19.99 for fast shipping!! Thursday comes and no package so I decided that we would leave Friday instead so that I could receive the package then. Friday comes and NO package.. I called and the customer service rep says that it never was sent and the sales department had no way to contact me but every time I've been on the phone with someone, they have repeated my number back and my phone number is on my invoice!!! She transfers me to sales because she doesn't know why they didn't send it, all the while her customer service was AWFUL!! That line kept saying they were closed but it was well within two hours of them closing so I left a message for them to call me back and of course to this day I have never received a call back.. it's been a little over a week and a half after I have returned the package and I still haven't received a refund. This company absolutely disgust me and I'll never in my life make a purchase from this company again!!!

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hi Mariah, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I am very sorry for the error in shipment and the frustration you experienced. Please email me your order number to: social.media@fbbrands.com and I'd be happy to further help.
debs196
3/30/19

To me "free shipping and free returns" means just that. I recently placed an order and order 2 different sizes to be sure it would fit and it was "free returns" . The next day I ordered one other thing because you don't get "free shipping and returns" very often. As it turns out, I had to return something from each order only to find out in small print on the back of the invoice that they charge a $7.50 "return fee". What!! A return fee is not free returns. Nowhere on the front of the magazine where it advertised "free shipping and free returns" did it mention a return fee as that would not make a bit of sense. I contested it on the return slip and if they charge me $15.00 in "return fees", I will never order again.

corinnem22
3/20/19

I ordered an e-gift card on 3/19/19 for my grandmother's birthday. I checked my email this afternoon (3/20/19), no e-gift card. Instead, I received a phone call from Woman's Within customer service department wanting to verify my purchase "for my protection".

I waited a few hours thinking that I would receive the e-gift card since I had verified my purchase, but still no e-gift card.

I finally called customer service and spoke to 2 people who told me that e-gift cards take 24-36 hours to process - for AN EMAIL to process! I asked the second person I spoke to if I could speak to someone else who would be able to assure me that I would receive the e-gift card in time for my grandmother's birthday.

She said she would let me speak to a supervisor and then placed me on hold. When she came back, she said that no one else would speak to me and just said, again, that it would take 24-36 hours to process.

This 24-36 hour processing time was not communicated to me during the checkout process. If it had been, I wouldn't have bothered ordering the gift card fearing that I would be cutting it too close to my grandmother's birthday.

I will never order anything from this company again!

karenk454
3/18/19

I have been ordering from this company for years and the last 2 shopping attempts have resulted in the most frustrating experiences. The web site chat doesn't work, the agents are rude. The "offers" are not accepted at check out. And when I get a supervisor "George" on the phone he tells me "I'm sorry" and yes, he is.

wanettad
2/27/19

I will never in life order again from this company. I ordered my mom a coat for Christmas and did not recv it til after Christmas, strike 1. Then I had to do an exchange because it was too small, so I filled out the form that came with the coat for a smooth transaction, strike 2. It is now Feb 27th and i have no coat, called and they stated the coat was no longer in stock! I had no correspondence from this company throughout unless I called them and each time i gave them a corrected email that they could never get right! I am far from prejudice but I hate the idea of outsourcing calls to a company out of the country, you live in India we dont even speak the same language and yet you are going to take my order and provide customer service. They dont have to worry about me ever ordering even a sock from them!!!!

dawnh14
2/13/19

I paid $29.98 for overnight shipping and they only reimbursed me $19.99 instead of the entire amount! They didn't get my order out on time, I'm inconvenienced, but they're not going to compensate me for their mistake. I'm done with them, their incompetent service, and their cheap-made clothes that don't last.

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hi Dawn, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Analyst with Woman Within. I am very sorry for the late delivery and the frustration you experienced. Please send a message with your last name, order number, and zip code and I'd be happy to further look into this
joanneb23
1/21/19

I ordered a long wool winter coat (hard to find and in my size) Had one from 9 years ago that was worn and a little tight-same company and same brand. I saw a review where someone said they no longer had W's on the sizes so not to assume you were getting a woman's plus size. (should have listened to the review) I called the company and they assured me that the lack of W's on their sizes did not mean anything and they were still Woman's plus sizes. So, I ordered the wool coat in one size larger than my old one and sure enough when I tried it on the one size larger (with the missing W) was actually smaller than my old one which was one size smaller, but with the W on the size.
So, now the best part. The mailing label said to put on the outside of mailer bag and they would deduct 7 0r 8 dollars from your refund for postage.. This sounded like the easiest thing to do rather than having it weighed at the post office etc. Wouldn't you know however, this did not prove to be true either. In the end they deducted 25 dollars from my refund listing a bunch of meaningless stuff such as handling etc!! What a rip off 25 dollars plus my original postage to try on a coat that was not sized as I was told it was going to be (you know the W part designating it to be Women's plus size) Also forgot to mention the coat I received was much lighter weight wool than the one I had from 9 years ago. It was very poor quality and it was almost like a piece of felt! Don't bother with this company!!!!

Tip for consumers: Make sure you know what size you wear, Ask for a fabruc swatcg if they will give you one.

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hi JoAnne, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I am very sorry for the poor experience you had. Please send a message with your order number and email address so I can further look into this.
josephiner9
1/20/19

I FORGOT HOW CHEAP AND ILL FITTING WOMAN WITHIN WAS. I USUALLY JUST THROW AWAY THE CATALOG, BUT RECENTLY BOUGHT A SWEATER. iT LOOKED NOTHING LIKE IT DID IN THE CATALOG. IT WAS THE RIGHT SIZE. THEN I REMEMBERED THAT CLOTHES FROM WOMAN WITHIN AND ROMANS NEVER FIT RIGHT. I HAVE HAD ILL FITTING CLOTHES FROM THEM BEFORE. NEVER AGAIN

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hi Josephine, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I am very sorry to learn you were disappointed with your order. If this was purchased recently and you'd like to return the items, please send a message with your last name, zip code, and order number and I'd be happy to help
reginap52
1/11/19

Ugh - another bad experience ordering from WW. Here are my issues this time: I have an account, from which I placed my order. Nonetheless, my order wasn't listed there for tracking. When I inquired with customer service, their solution was to tell me to look up my order in my account. Hmmm, yeah I just told you that doesn't work... A few of the items I ordered were backordered with an estimated ship date. These dates were not accurate and many of my items shipped over a month past the estimated ship date. One item was cancelled because "we're not able to hold the item longer than 29 days." Hmmm, I'd like to have the item sooner too... Finally, when I received these jeans and found them to not fit, I sent them back for a refund. Today, I have received them back from WW, with a note that they cannot accept worn or damaged items. Hmmm, I literally tried these on in my home, found them to be both low quality and ill fitting and put them right back in the bag. Not worn and not damaged. But WW felt the need to pay for shipping for these $16 jeans THREE WAYS instead of just giving me the refund I was owed. No wonder WW's parent company is going bankrupt. There are limited options for those of us who wear plus size clothes, so while I'd love to say I'LL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN, you've sort of got me by the balls, so to speak. Beware, ladies.

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hello Regina, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I am very sorry for the poor experience you had. Please send a message with your order number and email address so I can further look into this
brandonh157
1/3/19

I just got off the phone with Woman within. I ordered an online gift card for my mom as a Christmas present. She was excited to get this gift. Now it has been a nightmare.
Woman within decided to immediately take my money, hold the funds, then send me a letter saying they would not process my order until I called their security department. Oh did I mention snail mail me a letter. Not send an email to my email address they had sent me a confirmation to, or call the number I provided and is on my account. Instead send a snail mail letter.
Upon calling they said it was for my protection because of the amount of fraud they get. They needed to talk to me.
When I asked to talk to a supervisor I was told that they do not transfer calls, and they were sorry I felt it was bad service but It was for my protection. Again I stated how horrible this was and I was not satisfied. They terminated the call.
I called back and they said they could no longer discuss this issue, my order would be processed.
Stay away. It can take 8-14 days just to get a gift certificate mailed out.

melindah14
12/30/18

Clothes are OK but they take forever to arrive and returns and exchanges are a nightmare. I sent in about $200 worth of clothes for an exchange in early November, waited and waited, and finally just a few days ago I contacted Woman Within to see why my replacements hadn't arrived. They said my exchange order had never been processed. That was the final straw. When I let them know how disappointed and angry I was, I got the email equivalent of a shrug and "Sorry." I eventually got a refund, but it's winter and I needed the clothes. A better company would have stepped up and made things right - expedited an exchange order and/or given a discount or something to make up for the inconvenience. But it's like these people know that if you're a plus-size woman, you're stuck with them, so they can be as incompetent as they like.

mattp181
12/28/18

Oh my gosh, I tried just exchanging 3 vests...yes I used paypal but all I wanted was an even exchange and was willing to pay the shipping....now after going on a month I don't have my vests...and I don't have my money. And communicating with them seems to be purposely made extremely difficult...they have my money and I have to do a days work to try to get it back and track it down. Really???? This is a terrible company and I have paypal on my case trying to track down the money that is lost in cyber space. Woman Within says it should have been refunded on the 10th or 2 to 3 business days after that...no refund on my account still after around 3 weeks. Stay Away!

deborahr305
12/20/18

Ordered items & had 90 day return policy. WW changed the policy & stuck me w/HUNDREDS of $ of items!

mickeyw26
11/30/18

Back in the summer I got an email from Woman Within about a big sale with the ubiquitous code to get a certain % off my entire order. It was, truthfully, a good deal. I placed an order. What I didn't realize at the time was they don't bill for items until they ship them and they apparently have until the 12th of never to do so. I noticed 2 items weren't listed with the order summary I received but didn't think much about it. A month later I began to wonder about the 2 tops I had not received and contacted them by email. I received a reply telling me when the items would ship and, seriously, it was outrageously late. One was over a month, the other over 6 weeks. It seems each billed as it shipped and my pay source rejected one for lack of funds. I received no notice of this at the time. At some point I began getting letters from a Full Beauty. Com. Having no idea who it was, I assumed it was an ad and tossed it. After a few of these I decided to open it and see who this Full Beauty . Com was. Well, it was a letter telling me of the rejected payment & threatening me with collections. So much time had passed I knew something was wrong with this picture but couldn't nail it down. After a while I went on and paid it just to avoid the hassle. Then it hit me. The two items that did not ship with the original orders were billed separately and at full price...NOT the discounted price I was to receive for the code I entered when placing the original order. The items were worth the discounted price but definitely not the full price I was billed and I would not have ordered them at that price. Sneaky, Woman Within, and you've bilked me out of the last dime you'll ever see from me.

elisek11
10/20/18

Over 15 emails were exchanged with them. Over 5 phone calls. "Executive customer service rep" called me on a religious holiday, despite my telling NOT to call on this specific day. I told her to call back. She did not. Two harassing letters asking for $39.95. They owe ME money - items were returned that they did not acknowledge. I am now writing letters to their Executive Offices with the hope that someone with some intelligence will fix this problem. Do not order from them if there is a possibility you return something -you will never get your money back, and will be harassed by them.

terris151
9/21/18

Don't use this company. Their customer service department is rude and unhelpfull. I sent back my order 30 days after I ordered it and they supposedly got it 32 days after I sent it. They mailed it back and said I was 2 says late so they wouldn't give my money back. I will never use this company again. Horrible. And the clothes are cheap and not well made. Be warned!!!

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hello Terri, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I apologize for the poor experience you encountered. Please send a message with your name, zip code, and order number and I'd be happy to further look into this
dh320
8/15/18
• Updated review

received another bill from these IDIOTS again today,,,the last check they cashed was a final payment and even said final payment and close account,,,,,but as always too stupid to read or to do the right thing,,AVOID THIS SCUMBAG COMPANY>>>BOTH WOMAN WITHIN AND THEIR SCUMBAG BANK, COMENITY

“Follow up to response”
8/3/18
• Previous review

I know the difference between the 2,,,woman within and the WOMANWITHIN credit card,,,the credit card carries your business name,,,so don't even try to pass the buck,,,but really that's what you do every time someone calls with a problem,,,you pass the buck along to someone else and the crap never ends

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hello, my name Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within I am very sorry for the frustration you experienced. The Woman Within credit card is owned and managed by Comenity Bank, which is a separate entity.
terryr141
7/26/18

In, JULY 17, 2018, Full Beauty, let me know, they got my package. I, used, FB, self parcel mailing, label. In, the returned, bag, there was 4 pairs, of pajamas. They said, "process will be in, 3-4 days, and I would get a, REFUND. I, got a Refund, for 2 Pairs of Pajamas, for $19.32. The reason, I sent all the Pajamas, back, they didn't give me, what WE AGREED, on. I, will no longer, ORDER, from WOMAN WITHIN/ Next, FB, said, "they already REFUND ME, of $19.32. I, went ONLINE, and saw 1 REFUND, of $19.32, from Woman Within, on July 19, 2018. Two Companies, ONLY 1 REFUND, of $19.32. In the bag, there was 1 pair, of slippers, ITEM NUMBER: 05336450-1365. I, sent the sheet, that saids, what the items, are and their, prices, and the slippers, and their, cost. I, feel your 2 Companies, are playing, games. I, want FULL REFUND, of what the 2 Companies, OWE ME. If, I, Don't, I WILL NO LONGER ORDER FROM, FULL BEAUTY, like WOMAN WITHIN. PLEASE, FIX THIS/

TERRY ROBBINS

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hello, my name Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within I am very sorry for the frustration you experienced. Please send a message with your last name, order number, and email address and I'd be happy to further look into this
donnag239
7/25/18

Customer service is lousy and quality of the clothing has gone down considerably. Shop at Catherines!

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hello, my name Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I am very sorry for the frustration you experienced. Please send us a message wit details regarding the issue along with your order number and I'd be happy to look into this.
sola150
Sol A.
6/30/18

My first order with this company will also be the last. I should have realized Woman Within was not reliable when the Memorial Day coupon offer vanished from their website one day after it was posted and days before the stated deadline. I placed an order for two tankini tops in size 18 and one for two tankini bottoms in size 16 BASED ON THE SIZE CHART PROVIDED. I returned the bottoms because they turned out to be too small. The instructions provided stated that the customer service of Woman Within was going to refund the original order and process the replacements as a new order using my credit card on file. I mailed by the items on June 4th but didn't get the acknowledgement email until June 15. It said that I would get an email once they process the replacement order. Today, June 30th, I started a chat with a customer service rep because I had not received the replacements or any email from Woman Within. She wrote back that the return department was not able to process the transaction. She wasn't able to give me an answer as to why they couldn't and why nobody informed me that there was a problem. It had nothing to do with my credit card. One of the bottoms was sold out in the new size I requested so that I had to agree to receive an alternate color. Which meant I had to request an exchange for the matching top that I ordered separately. I asked the CSR to email me a transcript of our conversation because I don't trust Woman Within to process the refund of the top in an alternate color.

No. Returns are not free no mayter how you pay. However exchanges are.

By Cheryl J.

Questions? Get answers from the WomanWithin staff and other customers.

1 Photo for WomanWithin