Review of WomanWithin

Indianapolis, IN 46283, US
Tel: 1-800-228-3120

dawnh14
2/13/19

I paid $29.98 for overnight shipping and they only reimbursed me $19.99 instead of the entire amount! They didn't get my order out on time, I'm inconvenienced, but they're not going to compensate me for their mistake. I'm done with them, their incompetent service, and their cheap-made clothes that don't last.

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hi Dawn, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Analyst with Woman Within. I am very sorry for the late delivery and the frustration you experienced. Please send a message with your last name, order number, and zip code and I'd be happy to further look into this
joanneb23
1/21/19

I ordered a long wool winter coat (hard to find and in my size) Had one from 9 years ago that was worn and a little tight-same company and same brand. I saw a review where someone said they no longer had W's on the sizes so not to assume you were getting a woman's plus size. (should have listened to the review) I called the company and they assured me that the lack of W's on their sizes did not mean anything and they were still Woman's plus sizes. So, I ordered the wool coat in one size larger than my old one and sure enough when I tried it on the one size larger (with the missing W) was actually smaller than my old one which was one size smaller, but with the W on the size.
So, now the best part. The mailing label said to put on the outside of mailer bag and they would deduct 7 0r 8 dollars from your refund for postage.. This sounded like the easiest thing to do rather than having it weighed at the post office etc. Wouldn't you know however, this did not prove to be true either. In the end they deducted 25 dollars from my refund listing a bunch of meaningless stuff such as handling etc!! What a rip off 25 dollars plus my original postage to try on a coat that was not sized as I was told it was going to be (you know the W part designating it to be Women's plus size) Also forgot to mention the coat I received was much lighter weight wool than the one I had from 9 years ago. It was very poor quality and it was almost like a piece of felt! Don't bother with this company!!!!

Tip for consumers: Make sure you know what size you wear, Ask for a fabruc swatcg if they will give you one.

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hi JoAnne, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I am very sorry for the poor experience you had. Please send a message with your order number and email address so I can further look into this.
josephiner9
1/20/19

I FORGOT HOW CHEAP AND ILL FITTING WOMAN WITHIN WAS. I USUALLY JUST THROW AWAY THE CATALOG, BUT RECENTLY BOUGHT A SWEATER. iT LOOKED NOTHING LIKE IT DID IN THE CATALOG. IT WAS THE RIGHT SIZE. THEN I REMEMBERED THAT CLOTHES FROM WOMAN WITHIN AND ROMANS NEVER FIT RIGHT. I HAVE HAD ILL FITTING CLOTHES FROM THEM BEFORE. NEVER AGAIN

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hi Josephine, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I am very sorry to learn you were disappointed with your order. If this was purchased recently and you'd like to return the items, please send a message with your last name, zip code, and order number and I'd be happy to help
reginap52
1/11/19

Ugh - another bad experience ordering from WW. Here are my issues this time: I have an account, from which I placed my order. Nonetheless, my order wasn't listed there for tracking. When I inquired with customer service, their solution was to tell me to look up my order in my account. Hmmm, yeah I just told you that doesn't work... A few of the items I ordered were backordered with an estimated ship date. These dates were not accurate and many of my items shipped over a month past the estimated ship date. One item was cancelled because "we're not able to hold the item longer than 29 days." Hmmm, I'd like to have the item sooner too... Finally, when I received these jeans and found them to not fit, I sent them back for a refund. Today, I have received them back from WW, with a note that they cannot accept worn or damaged items. Hmmm, I literally tried these on in my home, found them to be both low quality and ill fitting and put them right back in the bag. Not worn and not damaged. But WW felt the need to pay for shipping for these $16 jeans THREE WAYS instead of just giving me the refund I was owed. No wonder WW's parent company is going bankrupt. There are limited options for those of us who wear plus size clothes, so while I'd love to say I'LL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN, you've sort of got me by the balls, so to speak. Beware, ladies.

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hello Regina, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I am very sorry for the poor experience you had. Please send a message with your order number and email address so I can further look into this
brandonh157
1/3/19

I just got off the phone with Woman within. I ordered an online gift card for my mom as a Christmas present. She was excited to get this gift. Now it has been a nightmare.
Woman within decided to immediately take my money, hold the funds, then send me a letter saying they would not process my order until I called their security department. Oh did I mention snail mail me a letter. Not send an email to my email address they had sent me a confirmation to, or call the number I provided and is on my account. Instead send a snail mail letter.
Upon calling they said it was for my protection because of the amount of fraud they get. They needed to talk to me.
When I asked to talk to a supervisor I was told that they do not transfer calls, and they were sorry I felt it was bad service but It was for my protection. Again I stated how horrible this was and I was not satisfied. They terminated the call.
I called back and they said they could no longer discuss this issue, my order would be processed.
Stay away. It can take 8-14 days just to get a gift certificate mailed out.

melindah14
12/30/18

Clothes are OK but they take forever to arrive and returns and exchanges are a nightmare. I sent in about $200 worth of clothes for an exchange in early November, waited and waited, and finally just a few days ago I contacted Woman Within to see why my replacements hadn't arrived. They said my exchange order had never been processed. That was the final straw. When I let them know how disappointed and angry I was, I got the email equivalent of a shrug and "Sorry." I eventually got a refund, but it's winter and I needed the clothes. A better company would have stepped up and made things right - expedited an exchange order and/or given a discount or something to make up for the inconvenience. But it's like these people know that if you're a plus-size woman, you're stuck with them, so they can be as incompetent as they like.

mattp181
12/28/18

Oh my gosh, I tried just exchanging 3 vests...yes I used paypal but all I wanted was an even exchange and was willing to pay the shipping....now after going on a month I don't have my vests...and I don't have my money. And communicating with them seems to be purposely made extremely difficult...they have my money and I have to do a days work to try to get it back and track it down. Really???? This is a terrible company and I have paypal on my case trying to track down the money that is lost in cyber space. Woman Within says it should have been refunded on the 10th or 2 to 3 business days after that...no refund on my account still after around 3 weeks. Stay Away!

deborahr305
12/20/18

Ordered items & had 90 day return policy. WW changed the policy & stuck me w/HUNDREDS of $ of items!

mickeyw26
11/30/18

Back in the summer I got an email from Woman Within about a big sale with the ubiquitous code to get a certain % off my entire order. It was, truthfully, a good deal. I placed an order. What I didn't realize at the time was they don't bill for items until they ship them and they apparently have until the 12th of never to do so. I noticed 2 items weren't listed with the order summary I received but didn't think much about it. A month later I began to wonder about the 2 tops I had not received and contacted them by email. I received a reply telling me when the items would ship and, seriously, it was outrageously late. One was over a month, the other over 6 weeks. It seems each billed as it shipped and my pay source rejected one for lack of funds. I received no notice of this at the time. At some point I began getting letters from a Full Beauty. Com. Having no idea who it was, I assumed it was an ad and tossed it. After a few of these I decided to open it and see who this Full Beauty . Com was. Well, it was a letter telling me of the rejected payment & threatening me with collections. So much time had passed I knew something was wrong with this picture but couldn't nail it down. After a while I went on and paid it just to avoid the hassle. Then it hit me. The two items that did not ship with the original orders were billed separately and at full price...NOT the discounted price I was to receive for the code I entered when placing the original order. The items were worth the discounted price but definitely not the full price I was billed and I would not have ordered them at that price. Sneaky, Woman Within, and you've bilked me out of the last dime you'll ever see from me.

elisek11
10/20/18

Over 15 emails were exchanged with them. Over 5 phone calls. "Executive customer service rep" called me on a religious holiday, despite my telling NOT to call on this specific day. I told her to call back. She did not. Two harassing letters asking for $39.95. They owe ME money - items were returned that they did not acknowledge. I am now writing letters to their Executive Offices with the hope that someone with some intelligence will fix this problem. Do not order from them if there is a possibility you return something -you will never get your money back, and will be harassed by them.

terris151
9/21/18

Don't use this company. Their customer service department is rude and unhelpfull. I sent back my order 30 days after I ordered it and they supposedly got it 32 days after I sent it. They mailed it back and said I was 2 says late so they wouldn't give my money back. I will never use this company again. Horrible. And the clothes are cheap and not well made. Be warned!!!

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hello Terri, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I apologize for the poor experience you encountered. Please send a message with your name, zip code, and order number and I'd be happy to further look into this
dh320
8/15/18
• Updated review

received another bill from these IDIOTS again today,,,the last check they cashed was a final payment and even said final payment and close account,,,,,but as always too stupid to read or to do the right thing,,AVOID THIS SCUMBAG COMPANY>>>BOTH WOMAN WITHIN AND THEIR SCUMBAG BANK, COMENITY

“Follow up to response”
8/3/18
• Previous review

I know the difference between the 2,,,woman within and the WOMANWITHIN credit card,,,the credit card carries your business name,,,so don't even try to pass the buck,,,but really that's what you do every time someone calls with a problem,,,you pass the buck along to someone else and the crap never ends

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hello, my name Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within I am very sorry for the frustration you experienced. The Woman Within credit card is owned and managed by Comenity Bank, which is a separate entity.
terryr141
7/26/18

In, JULY 17, 2018, Full Beauty, let me know, they got my package. I, used, FB, self parcel mailing, label. In, the returned, bag, there was 4 pairs, of pajamas. They said, "process will be in, 3-4 days, and I would get a, REFUND. I, got a Refund, for 2 Pairs of Pajamas, for $19.32. The reason, I sent all the Pajamas, back, they didn't give me, what WE AGREED, on. I, will no longer, ORDER, from WOMAN WITHIN/ Next, FB, said, "they already REFUND ME, of $19.32. I, went ONLINE, and saw 1 REFUND, of $19.32, from Woman Within, on July 19, 2018. Two Companies, ONLY 1 REFUND, of $19.32. In the bag, there was 1 pair, of slippers, ITEM NUMBER: 05336450-1365. I, sent the sheet, that saids, what the items, are and their, prices, and the slippers, and their, cost. I, feel your 2 Companies, are playing, games. I, want FULL REFUND, of what the 2 Companies, OWE ME. If, I, Don't, I WILL NO LONGER ORDER FROM, FULL BEAUTY, like WOMAN WITHIN. PLEASE, FIX THIS/

TERRY ROBBINS

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hello, my name Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within I am very sorry for the frustration you experienced. Please send a message with your last name, order number, and email address and I'd be happy to further look into this
donnag239
7/25/18

Customer service is lousy and quality of the clothing has gone down considerably. Shop at Catherines!

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hello, my name Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I am very sorry for the frustration you experienced. Please send us a message wit details regarding the issue along with your order number and I'd be happy to look into this.
sola150
Sol A.
6/30/18

My first order with this company will also be the last. I should have realized Woman Within was not reliable when the Memorial Day coupon offer vanished from their website one day after it was posted and days before the stated deadline. I placed an order for two tankini tops in size 18 and one for two tankini bottoms in size 16 BASED ON THE SIZE CHART PROVIDED. I returned the bottoms because they turned out to be too small. The instructions provided stated that the customer service of Woman Within was going to refund the original order and process the replacements as a new order using my credit card on file. I mailed by the items on June 4th but didn't get the acknowledgement email until June 15. It said that I would get an email once they process the replacement order. Today, June 30th, I started a chat with a customer service rep because I had not received the replacements or any email from Woman Within. She wrote back that the return department was not able to process the transaction. She wasn't able to give me an answer as to why they couldn't and why nobody informed me that there was a problem. It had nothing to do with my credit card. One of the bottoms was sold out in the new size I requested so that I had to agree to receive an alternate color. Which meant I had to request an exchange for the matching top that I ordered separately. I asked the CSR to email me a transcript of our conversation because I don't trust Woman Within to process the refund of the top in an alternate color.

marya802
6/20/18

I ordered two pairs of the seven day knit wide leg slacks. I always order petite sizes but this time I must have read the wrong line and ordered reg length. I sent both pairs back. I wanted to exchange them for petite. I waited almost 2 weeks for the pants. I finally called because my bill was due that day and I didn't have any merchandise. When I called they said one was now out of stock. It would have been nice to know that. I checked on the other pair they
were there but when I was told the price it was more than the price I was charged I said I used a 30% off coupon. The agent said I should have marked that on the exchange sheet. I had them ship the right size pants that were there. I called today to check on the status and they didn't have a record of that order. I hung up when they said it would be 10-15 minute wait for an operator. I have been a cutomer for 20+ years and never had this problem before. The cutomer service rep was very rude.

hippieu
6/13/18

I been shopping with woman within and all the Full Beauty Brands for quite a spell now. They are starting to loose there fashion sense. At least I think so. It looks like more and more like grandma would wear. I hope they get their fashion taste back. Because I started to look elsewhere.

shellyp29
6/6/18

Poor quality it's quite the scam they have going on... They offer you all these promo codes for all these name brands..There are no name brands everything's made in China.. It's extremely poor quality Sweatshop material....So if you don't like it guess what you have to spend 7:50 to send it back and they change their prices on a daily basis so now you're going to get whatever discounted price they have now even though you receive will clearly show you paid full price for overpriced crap... So basically in all reality you already paid for it multiple times over.
Customer service is basically scripted ?? They will yes you to death.. I finally only got results after I had called and emailed multiple times that I finally demanded to speak to a supervisor and I refuse to be put on hold once again with no results.. Customer service tells you yes.. I have it I'll do this I'll do that they don't do anything that yes you to death.. they were sure you're able to accept my credit card number in my PIN number but yet on three separate orders were not able to apply the promo codes.. I had to get on the phone to get refunds which took me multiple calls and emails to accomplish that... Listen if you want to buy crap at five times the price it should be be my guest!
They're selling crap- crap -crap crap.. Overpriced overpriced shipping return rates that are ridiculous customer service that basically is scripted to agree with whatever you say.. Call me old school ! Just go to the store at least if you want to spend $5 for something you know you're getting $5 not spending $55 for a $5 item.. a
A horrible horrible experience very poor quality even the items I kept you wash them twice and they're absolutely useless $30 for a dress that you can see through its crazy do not shop with his company there is scam..

saskiac3
5/7/18

I have never had a problem with Woman Within. I first ordered from them about 9 years ago: two shirts. One was fine, the other came with a spot. I sent it back for a replacement, which came in a reasonable time and was fine. I still have both shirts. About 4 years ago I ordered a bra. It came in a reasonable time and is great. I just ordered another shirt and a pair of pants from them. I came here for reviews because even though I placed the order last Thursday, today (Monday) it is still being "processed for shipping." Other places would have shipped it by now. But I will wait and see since I have not had any problems before.

karenc284
2/23/18

Quality clothing fair price quick shopping. Have ordered off and on for several years and always satisfied. Clothes hold up great on even everyday wear and often washing. Very nice.

robins259
1/12/18

I ordered winter boots on 12/31. Got an email from them on 01/02 saying the boots were shipped, and to allow 4 days for delivery. They provided a Fedex tracking #. It's now the 12th, the boots aren't here, and the Fedex tracking number turned out to be fake. When I emailed them to point this out, they acknowledged that the tracking number was not right, said that I had to allow 10 days for delivery (?!!!?) and that I couldn't even complain until a month went by!! Note that they also DID NOT provide a correct tracking number, which leads me to believe the boots were not in fact shipped at all. In 30 years of dealing with Fedex, both on the shipping and receiving end, I have NEVER had an incorrect tracking number. And oh, by the way, turns out all the customer service email addresses are one way only - you can not respond to their emails to you. Check out their reviews on Yelp. All one star. Wish I had. Never again. As a side note - $10 for shipping? Kind of high . . .

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hi Robin, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I apologize for the frustration you have experienced. Please send a message with your last name, order number, and zip code and I'd be happy to further look into this.
pamf38
1/11/18

I have ordered from Woman Within for probably over 20 years now. I haven't stopped using them entirely, I still love their jeans & leggings.
BUT THE TOPS ARE SUCH POOR QUALITY NOW, I've stopped buying tops from them. Paper thin material, just what you want to accent your "extra" tummy.
They ship pretty quickly & have been good about returns. But the poor quality tops have really made me look elsewhere to buy my clothing online.

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hi Pam, we're very sorry for the frustration. We appreciate your feedback regarding our tops and I'll be sure to share your concerns and feedback with our team.
cindyv22
1/8/18

I continue to find deceptive pricing on Woman Within. I had a "sale catalog" where a pair of jeans was $19.95........and another catalog where the same jeans were $44.99 and you got the second pair for $10. Low and behold when I put in the catalog code for the jeans for $19.95 they didn't have my size BUT when I put in the catalog code for the SAME jeans for $44.95 my size WAS in stock!!! This is not the first time I have run across this with Woman Within...........buyer beware!!!!!!!! This kind of price gouging should be illegal.

Response from Corinne D., WomanWithin Representative
Hi Cindy, my name is Corinne; I am a Customer Service Specialist with Woman Within. I am very sorry for the frustration you experienced. Please send a message with the item number and blue box numbers from each catalog and I'll further look into this.
junes48
12/26/17

I find quality, fit and price to be what I am looking for! Never disappointed. Have ordered from Woman Within for many years and many items.

conniem90
12/24/17

Long time shopper great prices Good quality clothes and always have my size. I highly recommend this company to anyone who wants to look good at a reasonable price.

Questions? Get answers from the WomanWithin staff and other customers.

1 Photo for WomanWithin