Wish

Wish has a consumer rating of 2.81 stars from 5,827 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Wish also ranks 13th among Marketplace sites.

• Great Experience, Great Customer Service, Refunds Given Without any Issue.
  • Provides you with a Tracking Number and a status with an approximate delivery date.

• Will Wish.com just have you pay and not sent your items, thats what ive been hearing?
  • I was sent an email saying my money would be refunded and its been 2 months now and I haven't gotten my money back.
How would you rate Wish?

“i hope this 5 star is worth it”

natasha h.
11/6/15

i just ordered 6 items today and i was reading the reviews of wish and some were good and some were bad so please tell me if its a trusted website because i have 2 family members who love wish and it al comes but reading the reviews it has me a little worried so please tell me......Thank you!

“FRAUD”

Cathy S.
11/17/15

Ordered stuff on November 9th, its now the 18th of November, haven't received any mechandise, they charged my credit card the same day that I ordered merchandise, I have tried everything to contact them but have had no luck, Is this why they don't have a phone number or e-mail for people to contact when problems happen, So now I've lost money, merchandise, time, & I'm very pissed, off about it, Should I call the better business bureau, there app needs to be taken off the Internet so people stop getting ripped off, there fraud, this needs to be against the law & something needs to be done about them

Reviews (5,827)

elsj
December 3rd, 2019
WISH IS A TOTAL SCAM ALL AROUND. THE ITEMS ARE OFTEN COUNTERFEIT AND NOT AS DESCRIBED AND IN THE PICTURE. ITEMS ARE CHEAPLY MADE CHINESE MANUFACTURED. YOU GET SCREWED BY THE SHIPPING FEES AND ITEMS DON'T ARRIVE AT ALL BUT THERE IS NO WAY TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK. AFTER ASKING FOR A COUPLE OF LIGITIMATE REFUNDS MY ACCOUNT WAS BLOCKED FROM CONTACTING CUSTOMER SERVICE. I EMAILED THEM AND TIME AFTER TIME GOT NON RELATIVE AUTO REPLIES. I SPEND OVER $1000.00 FOR A CHRISTMAS FOR MY CHILDREN THAT IS NOW RUINED. I AM ON A FIXED DISABILITY INCOME AND GOT SUCKERED IN BY THIS SITE AND AM NOW IN DEBT.
jp264
September 19th, 2019
On the left you see what you really get. Sundance sells the top on right. WISH actually takes the picture off their website and cuts the head cut off. Strangely both pictures are on the WISH website. You are better off buying from one of the shops on Aliexpress. If you are looking for inexpensive clothes made in China at least they have a refund system. WISH will make you wish you didn't fall for their tempting pictures. Same people as HOMEGARDEN and friends.
alwayst3
November 9th, 2019
Wish app is misleading!! They are basically Ebay!! Wish is the middleman of Ebay. At least Ebay is TRANSPARENT about the SHIPPING date prior to purchasing the item; at least Ebay is TRANSPARENT about the COUNTRY and BUSINESS your making the purchase from. SHIPPING, COUNTRY AND BUSINESS information is crucial information to disclose to the customer while assisting us make a wise decision about our purchase and investment. Wish wont be in business very long, once the customer begins to connect the dots, they will go directly with Ebay by removing the middleman and paying less for their products.
charless693
September 12th, 2019
this is ridiculous I try to arrange the whole time via wish that I want my money back because I haven't received it yet. it has now been more than 3 months since I have had it. I try to talk to them, they say we send you on to a real person, I only get the exact same message sent back. I usually do not bother but this is more than 30 euros that I spend on this site and this makes no sense. I have never received a confirmation email or a medling that it has arrived. I want my money back and otherwise I have to take measures. I want to talk to a real person about it and not a f***** computer !!!
pedros103
October 23rd, 2019
Worst place to buy all they do is rip you off
I bought a generetor but instead I received a box of garbage about a month ago today is 10/22/19 and I still can't get a shipping level I been trading every day for the past month I have email them and is always a different person telling me the same stuff to go to the app and request a refund and I always tell them that I have their system suck please don't buy from here and help me spread the word it cost me $700 don't buy from wish.com
wendyb299
April 21st, 2019
After ordering a number of items for Christmas and not receiving 1/2 of them, I reached out to find out l could expect them. I've been told repeatedly that I can't get a refund. Not once did I ask for a refund. These items are still for sale on the website. I've simply asked that they send them out ASAP since they are paid for and it's been months. They refuse to send the items I've paid for. Please be careful. Wish is definitely a scam.
peggys67
September 5th, 2019
Clothes all run extremely small. Electronics support devices like charger cords are hit or miss. Make up brushes, party favors and little gimmicky items are worth getting here because you can't beat the price. Just plan well in advance because shipping takes forever and is very unreliable. On the bright side, they are more than willing to refund money and / or resend upon request and the refund process is extremely easy.
andressaa
October 1st, 2019
You see an item for a dollar and you buy it. After a few days Wish gives you the choice to get your money back in credit. After six times, is clear that those $1 stuff are a scam
quintons10
June 7th, 2016
I've been a shopper on various Chinese websites and apps such as Wish and Aliexpress and I've never had any problems. Also, when I make an order, I keep the following saying in mind: "You get what you pay for." There's a reason these things are cheap. They're poor quality and that needs to be the expectation when you order from these places. Also, I only have a debit card, so when I make a purchase from these websites, I first go buy a pre paid card from Target or CVS and then make my order. You have to be a smart shopper to avoid any chance of extra charges or even hackers. Hope this helps
katrinam67
January 6th, 2019
I would give them zero Stars if possible. On December 27th my account was hacked. The information changed. And my wish dollars spent by the hacker. I have let wish know multiple times through email and all they ever do is say we're sorry to hear you're having trouble please reset your password. They're clearly not even reading the emails. I have ordered multiple things from them and I can tell you that all of it is cheap imitations of the real deal. I will never order anything from them again. Beware! If your account is hacked and your wish dollars stolen they will not help you.
carole455
September 1st, 2019
purch a t shirt 3xl it came after almost 5 weeks. when it came would barley fit a 10 year old. i contacted cust service the stated largest size they had and i pay to ship back the shirt. and were not very nice about this then they e mail to say that if i change the poor rating they will refund my purch. this is not very honest they cheat and steal from you ,very dishonest company stay away do not do business witthis co the are ripoff.
alyssas74
February 26th, 2019
I've ordered so many items on this website. Most of them never show up, and the rest show up about 3 months late. I recently bought a bumper sticker that DIDN'T EVEN STICK TO MY CAR and they REFUSE to give me a refund because it's "over 30 days old". Customer service is NON-EXISTANT! Don't expect to get refunds back for a defective item or one that never showed up. They have some MAJOR improvements to make. Can't believe how much money I've lost just for shopping with them. Cheap stuff but you definitely get what you pay for...and sometimes you don't!!!
beec23
August 30th, 2019
Ordered a pair of specs for £1.80 and they debitted my account for £287 after contacting customer support and applying for a refund they've locked me out my account total $#*!ing SCAMMERS!!!
jamesa781
November 6th, 2019
As the majority of items are from chinese sellers, lower case intended, expect inferior quality and poor communication. Also have found that shipping/tracking updates are totally bogus. While there are a few good sellers, most are sub-par at best. While I dislike eBay and Amazon, at least they are above board and forthright, when it comes to shipping and taking care of your complaints. Wish has zero/no way of contacting support directly. From now on I'll just pay extra $ to get better quality and service. AVOID Wish unless you are a total idiot!
karenb290
September 13th, 2018
I've ordered many times from Wish who use Merchants that provide the products from many different Eastern Asian Countries.
They use Very cheap shipping companies that will mail for as cheap as possible. I usually only receive half or less, of the items that I have ordered.
I must say they are good at Refunding after the expected date of arrival has past. They also tell you that you can keep these items if they still arrive to your house. Very few ever still arrive.
It just that your money sat out there for a month and time wasted in ordering.
denises48
December 23rd, 2018
I ordered 4 items as gifts on Nov. 15th with expected delivery on Dec. 8th. They never contacted me but only shipped 1 of the 4 items and cancelled the other 3 items. I sent an email that I didn't want only 1 of the 4 items as they were gifts and I wanted a refund for the 4th item as I needed all 4 items or none. Responses didn't make any sense and I gave up but I have never received the shipped item or a refund. Attached is the tracking information as of today, Dec. 23rd, looks like they missed the Dec. 8th deliver date and there is no tracking information since Dec. 9th.
overkillt
November 23rd, 2018
The header says it all. You get cheap prices for the product you want. However, you will be charged a large amount of money for shipment from China. Since it is coming from China, you will have to wait about a month before receiving the product. Also, the instructions for the product are in broken English so it is hard to understand it. If the product is electronic and it has a language selection, it is mostly in Chinese. You are better off with shopping at your local retailer. At least you can see it and feel it before buying it. The old adage, "You get what you pay for", applies.
peggyh222
September 6th, 2019
For an unknown reason I've been blocked by Wish's system, according to an email. The stupidest is that they can't remove the block.
kenyattas1
November 16th, 2019
I ORDER BLOUSES, COAT, SHOWER CURTAIN, THE BLOUSES DIDN'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THE PICTURES TO ADD INSULT THEY WERE THE WRONG SIZE. THE SHOWER CURTAIN WAS NOT WHAT I SAW IN PICTURES. I NEVER RECEIVED THE COAT.. ALL MY EFFORTS TO REACH "WISH"CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS A JOKE. I EMAILED THEM MORE THAN ONE OCCASION. TO THIS DATE NO ONE, HAS RETURNED MY EMAILS. I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS MATTER. ILL NEVER SHOP WITH WISH EVER.
matthews357
September 2nd, 2018
Purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone from Wish.com with 'Expedited Shipping'. They never listed the shipping type nor offered any other shipping types and nor did they offer shipping extras like insurance or signature confirmation. The seller shipped my $200 phone via USPS Parcel Post (the cheapest option available) and when my item never arrived, Wish just threw up their hands and said "Sorry!" and ignored my support tickets for help. Was never granted a refund or store credit. Took my money and ran.

They are middleman scammers with the worst support. I wouldn't spend $1 there.
stehlkerra
January 13th, 2019
ALWAYS check for reviews with photos, they'll give you a good idea of what you'll get. The one order that actually reached me was of surprising quality (especially for the price and it being Wish); too bad the 5 other orders never arrived after 2 and a half months of waiting. The refunding process was very easy and hassle-free though, so it's still a decent site. As long as you don't get your hopes of actually receiving items up too high. Or need them fast. I use it for small/fun purchases.

Tip for consumers: - Check photos and the lower star reviews.
- Check the seller's size chart (if applicable).
- Don't bank on a fast delivery.
- Get a refund (while you still can) if your items don't arrive by 1-2 weeks after the estimated delivery date(s). They'll probably never arrive, and the refund process is smooth (especially if you refund in wishcash, which is what I did).

lidellb
September 20th, 2018
Please be careful when your buying clothes from WISH.COM. That is another Chinese site, the sizes are not comparable to American size and it will cost you more to ship it back to China. Also, watch out for delivery fees, everything that you place in your box has a different delivery fee. You can end up paying more for delivery fees that the cost of the items.
em176
August 10th, 2019
Ordered 2 sofa covers and was not happy with the colour. When I tried to contact them well within the 30 days limit to exchange, they would not provide me with enough info to exchange the items. Whenever I tried to contact them I had to send a photo of the items again and again and then got a standard email back that did not answer my question as to where to send them back, since the origin of the items was unknown. I would be extremely wary of dealing with this company. They market cute photos but the shopping experience for me was extremely concerning.
elizab11
March 26th, 2019
Right away. I emailed them and it was on my card within 24 hours. I wasnt expecting to get a refund with all the bad reviews. I will be more aware of seller reviews on wish next time.
aaabbbym
December 6th, 2019
The worst app ever, I got hacked by a Chinese who went on to change my email address to a Russian one and even changed my shipping address. To make matters worse wiped out my my history and my pending orders, wiped out my wish balance not sure what is was used to purchase and now I have been trying to contact their pathetic support services only to get automated responses. It's been 3 days not trying to get assistance nothing. Don't buy from them

Q&A (1,415)

Yes, delete the app from your device. They will send you stuff you looked at! Bought a $7 item, was charged $97. Turns out everything I looked at, they billed me for and shipped. I only got $70 back.

By Wendy C.
See more answers (41)

I use to love wish. Recently not any more. On December I ordered a set of purses that I never received. I did get refunded after a couple emails. I received 3 out of 4 of my items. Ended up getting refunded for all but one because they were all so late (1 item actually arrives on time). I received 2 watches. One watch stopped working after about a month. The other fell apart and stopped working after a month also. And since I had two I wasn't wearing them everyday but luckily I had gotten refunded for them already bc of late shipping. Also if you order anything read reviews and use PayPal.

By brittany b.
See more answers (33)

Very cheap knock off merchandise. I placed an order for about 70 items on a single order, out of those 70 I have received 9 items. *3* where broken, *4* was the wrong item and *2* were such poor quality it was unusable. And yes it has been about 7 wks. since I placed my order. The tracking numbers DO NOT work in the USA. And if you go through their site it's all in Chinese. I found all of the same items on EBay from same companies and tried them out and guess, I got a USA tracking number, and my item arrived in 2 wks.! So unless you just want to waist your money DO NOT ORDER FROM WISH.COM!!

By Betty J.
See more answers (23)

Is it a scam

I found more bad seller's than good . Was also told a item had been delivered to my address. The item did arrive 3 weeks later. Another seller told me item had been dispatched then told me it was out of stock on each occasion customer service was really bad if you like a gamble this is the site

By paul m.
See more answers (30)

Everything typically takes forever to get to buyer if it gets to you at all, then Wish says 5 more days ,5 more days all the while they have your money, if you do get your order and it isn't right or defective they expect you to return the item on your dime regardless that it was their mistake which is illegal. There is no customer service ,you have to email then eventually call your bank or file a complaint with the District attorney about Wish which I had to do in order to get my refund. I have not ordered anything else from Wish and warn people about them . So in my opinion beware order from someone else

By John o.
See more answers (31)

I have answered this many times and my answer is always the same. Read the reviews!!! Some items are junk, and if so, people will comment. The clothes are sized for the Asian market and therefore are many sizes smaller. I wear a medium and ordered the one article of clothing I have ordered in an xxl and it just fit. Clothing tends to be on cheap side, too. Watches and jewelry tend to be a good deal and I have ordered many watches as gifts ans have averaged $3-$5. They look expensive and some even say CK on them. I ordered a $70 purse that I didn't use for several months and when I did, the zipper broke. I took a picture of it, sent it to customer service and received a refund within an hour. Didn't even have to send the item back. Items can take up to a month and if you complain, they usually offer a refund, but even with the refund, I have received the item every time. Have patience and read the reviews and you will be good to go!

By Suzan C.