Review of Wish

Need help? Click here!
Contact Us

janetc15
11/13/18

This is actually a fun and addictive website to shop on. I already knew what to anticipate as I've seen a lot of these products for the same price on eBay. The biggest thing to expect is long shipping times because most of the stuff comes from China. I've ordered male clothing and home accessories and the items were exactly as described. However, I can't say the same for every single product. Research your product and check out the customer images. It'll give you a better idea of what you'll get. If you're ordering clothes, I'd generally size up because for women t-shirts, I've ordered XL and received what is the equivalent of a USA Medium despite following their size chart.

Some of the pictures like a cat plush I saw was cute in the product photographs, but the customer images showed a bad imitation of the original product where the details are missing and the product was cheaply made. I also purchased a makeup accessory and it never arrived.

Overall, I would make small purchases here because I really like the website and how they collect interesting items. However, as I said early, be weary of your purchases because not everything will look like what it does in the product images. Anticipate long shipping times and try not to purchase anything expensive as it might be hard to get your money back. Quality is hit or miss. And forget about returns; they seem to advertise returns as if it's a quick step, but it's not.

jamesr127
11/13/18
• Updated review

***Update to my previous Wish review***

After a lot of messaging back and fourth with customer service, I WAS eventually refunded (including the shipping cost). I was impressed with how fast the funds were returned to PayPal and then back to my bank account!. Wish originally quoted me 10 - 15 days to receive the refund, but it actually took only one day! I therefore have to give Wish their dues and change my review to 4 stars.

The reason I couldn't give 5 stars is due to the fact that getting the refund took more effort than it should have.

“They don't honor their refund policies”
• Previous review

I still haven't received an order I placed on Oct 5, 2018 (order # 5bb81934112f7b5e7b556de3). The deadline for delivery as quoted by Wish was Oct 31st 2018. Their late delivery refund policy states: "If you're order does not arrive ON TIME, contact us anytime before Dec 1st and we will give you a full refund". The deadline was missed by 5 days ....and counting!

I had to give an important presentation at a residential home of which I'm also a resident on Nov 2nd 2018. I placed an order for a projector based on their delivery deadline quote. They caused me a great deal of inconvenience and expense as I had to scramble to find a rental projector in a very short period of time.

I contacted wish customer service to inform them that my order has not arrived on time, and demanded the refund I'm owed. Now they're coming up with every excuse they can think of (i.e. there were "unforeseen" problems with regards to the postal service). Please be patient. That's NOT MY PROBLEM and NOT what their late delivery refund policy states! When you quote a delivery deadline, and promise a full refund if that deadline isn't met, you obviously have to factor in unexpected delays and quote accordingly!

It's no wonder Wish is the only online vendor I know that doesn't accept "pay after delivery" with PayPal. They want payment immediately....now I know why.

Oh, BTW, their tracking numbers are pretty useless too. The parcel isn't tracked once it enters the destination country. What good is that?!

The only thing I "WISH" is that I'd never placed an order with these scammers..

Tip for consumers: Either dont order with them or wait until they implement the "Pay after delivery" payment option with PayPal. That way, you'll be protected against non delivery or poor quality/not as advertised issues.

prescillial
11/13/18

My boyfriend started to order Wish and at first I thought it's was very cheap and it seems to be a good website so I started to order on it. After 30 orders, I realized a few never came so I asked for repayment for at least 5 items. When I tried do order something the other day, I realized they blocked my account for excessive repayment when I made it clear I NEVER receive those items. I can't access costumer service to ask to cancel my order and if they never come I can't be repayed. This website is a shame ! I ask you to never make the same mistake I did. I received items that were broke and I took picture of it to prove it but they never repay it. There is a reason their articles are cheap, they never came and they never repay you !

corlitag
11/9/18

If I could leave 0 stars I promise I would. I have never had any bad encounters with wish until I order a product. It came in but wasn't what i ordered. I have requested a refund but i have yet to receive it. Ive dealing with wish for the past 2 weeks and I still haven't receive my refund. I am so fed up with them it aint funny. THEY DO NOT HONOR THEIR REFUND POLICY.

natashak31
11/6/18

You can't expect the best quality products for lower prices. I've bought a lot of stuff from this site like covers for my phone, accessories, and decoration. My opinion is not to buy clothes because you can't expect what you will get and always read the review. I got an easy refound by just contacting the wish support assistant through the app.

mahalap2
11/6/18

Most of the stuff on this site is quite cheap so you're tempted to buy a lot of things at once, but all the items I've ever gotten from this site were meh quality, broke pretty fast and didn't last long.

lizal18
11/4/18

No envían los productos, no regresan el dinero y no atiende ningún representante. El consume affaire debe investigar los.

cassidyb8
11/4/18

I have ordered from wish for the last 2 years. No problems up until yesterday whe. Wish took it upon themselves to order a tv and tablet using my bank card amd theb canceling the items and turning $500 of MY money into useless wishcash. They will not answer my emails and the customer support number is not a thing. I cannot pay my bills now and they refuse to answer me. They are scammers and thieves!

cindyj118
11/3/18

Wish has not delivered a single item I have ordered, and each time I am asked if I am prepared to wait a little longer for delivery, I say yes, but then when querying the delivery a little later I am being told that the refund window for "this product" has closed. I have paid monies for NOTHING

jasonc243
11/3/18

DO NOT BUY FROM WISH.COM THEY ARE A BIG SCAM!!!!!!!!!!! AND IF YOU WANT A REFUND OR A RETURN GOOD LUCK THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER ONLY E-MAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND I E-MAILED THEM 3 TIME ABOUT A WEEK AGO AND NEVER GOT A RESPONCE FROM THEM I HAVE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND IT SEEMS LIKE I AM NOT GOING TO GET MY REFUND FOR THE PRODUCT I BOUGHT WITCH THE BOX CAME ALL TORN UP AND RIPPED UP I EVEN FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE FLORIDA ATTORNY GENERAL OFFICE PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM WISH.COM YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

jacquies7
11/1/18

I have purchased several things off of which and nearly every single item has been poor quality; loose threads all over, doesn't match the picture on the app, sizing is WAY too small etc. Each time this has happened I have requested a refund, and rightfully so. The only reason I continued purchasing was because I knew if it was poor quality, which it almost always is, that I would get a full refund. My most recent purchase arrived the other day and true to form, the material is way too thin, the cut outs in the arms twist up because it's so thin and yet again, there are loose threads all over. I tried to request a refund and out of nowhere, no warning whatsoever, my account has apparently been flagged for too many refunds and the app wont even allow me to contact a support agent. The only reason I've had "excessive refunds" is because the items haven't been what I paid for. Each refund was supported with pictures. I should have at the very LEAST, been informed they wouldn't issue any more refunds after my last purchase, not made to purchase something and then told SURPRISE, no refund for you. I emailed customer support and they gave me the same answer, buy more stuff without refunding to get your account back in "good standing", and we'll "fully support" future purchases. If they didn't constantly send out poor quality items, refunds would not be necessary. It's called quality control.

jordans82
11/1/18

They offered me a full refund (twice) on a defective item, I accepted the refund per their request and they NEVER issued the refund. I followed up with them multiple times and they refused to issue the refund which they offered twice! What is this: unethical and disgraceful business practice. They are lying to customers! I can prove it, it's all documented!
Also - in my opinion, they sell fake items.

jenniferr429
11/1/18

Do not spend your money with this site. Mostly everything they sale is fraudulently stated. I will never spend my money again. Product too small and then have to pay to ship it back out the country. You must be crazy. Don't do it people. Biggest mistake, biggest regret.

mariem244
11/1/18

I ordered a tripod and a selfie light from Wish. I got two tracking numbers that showed that the items were in the USA. I never got the the items. It usually takes a week or two after the item reaches the US to get it in the mail. I never got anything. Everytime I checked on their site for the status of my order they would push back the delivery date without even telling me! I quickly demanded a refund and at least I got that. Wish is a very shameful business! You take people's money an don't deliver. I hope the government does something about this scam.

karenb805
10/31/18

i purchased the fake brick wallpaper after reading good reviews for this product i received it last week all i can say is that it was so cheap looking i dont have a wall that i would put it on and i will never buy anything from this company ever again, i feel like i was deceived on a product that should of been sold at a dollar store. So it was my first time buying from this company and my last time, i will not even bother to send it back not worth the hassle, i will chalk it up to a lesson and stick to US companies,

guyw40
10/30/18

TOTAL SCAM! They stole my details & refused refund or answer! Had to close bank account. AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johna1120
10/30/18

Dont ever buy from wish , my items never came and they do nothing but lie.
There is no real customer support, it's a scam like everything else Chinese

joses207
10/29/18

I ordered several items and I have a month with no response and the items never arrived, wish has a lot of scams and it is not worthy, I have tried to get my money back and they said because I have a lot of refunds I can not refund my money for items that I never received, don't take the risk, at the end is better Amazon even eBay than this wish.

georger224
10/29/18

UK customers need to be aware that when using Paypal to pay for purchases Wish.com hold on to your logon AND password data so that when an additional purchase is made, there is no need to enter this information again!
Your first reaction may be "great" but think about it. If you used a smart phone to place this first order and that subsequently gets lost or worse, stolen, it means that the thief can order whatever they want from wish, change the delivery address(which you can do at confirming the payment, and the first that you, who lost their phone, will know about it, is when Paypal advises you that you owe them a large amount of money for this thief's purchases!
Ebay operated a similar arrangement when Paypal was owned by them but provided a simple link for this to be removed when Paypal was sold off as a separate Company.
Also worth noting that Wish.com does NOT need to adhere to UK law in respect of "Distance Selling", so you lose that protection as well.
Lastly, my second purchase transaction which highlighted this Mal-practice, was advertised at £14.00 but Wish.com applied for £21.00, the additional costs are added AFTER you agree to buy and their cancellation process is a joke, they do not appear to agree to refund the costs of cancellations but "offer" to hold the money against future purchases.
In my considered opinion Ebay at least provides local to UK assistance, Wish.com Customer help is useless, as other posters have already commented.
These same comments will likely apply to Bank details, if these are provided for purchases.

katrinah64
10/28/18

Listen if you are expecting to get high quality items for free with $2 shipping there is a problem. It is all cheap stuff. However, I buy from here multiple times a week. Only one time did I not receive an item and it was instantly refunded to me, no problem. Shipping can take up to 30 days, it's from China, that happens. It's been getting better now that customers can post photos of their products so you can really see what you are getting rather then a stock photo. I love it, I'mma continue to spend too much money with them.

adrep
10/28/18

I will not use this site again - the items NEVER arrive and now Wish does not want to refund as I apparently missed the refund period. I have been following up on my order fr the last 2 months, each time the reply was to wait a bit longer. Now they dont want t refund?!

michaelc1307
10/25/18

As I regularly buy many items from Wish, I would feel that I have a reasonable shopping experience with this company. As I don't know what this
Order ID: 5a9dd8e88a20a2c02d03589f | Purchase Date: May 17, 2018 , is without having to search through many orders, more than 2500 emails,and none actually have the mentioned date, I would have thought that Wish could at least state the name of product or the description, about this item to enable me to find it easier.

karens779
10/25/18

Not one item that I purchased on t his site was correct. They falsely advertise many item and when you get them they are completely different or the wrong shape color or size. I'm am so disappointed and they make it hard for you to get your money back to. I have just chalked it up as a loss. But buyer beware this the worst shopping site I have ever used. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE SHOPPING WITH THEM :(

sues308
10/24/18

I placed 2 orders for 2 umbrellas back on 08/18/18. Never received a confirmation email, tracking number or the product but the money was taken out of my account ($27.40 & 21.70). Her it is 2 months later and several emails back and forth with customer service (& an attachment of the debits from my account) and no refund. I will never deal with WISH.com again!

patricer13
10/24/18

I ordered a pair of jeans from wish...the company takes DAYS TO GET BACK TO CUSROMERS THROUGH EMAIL. THE JEANS ARE TOO SMALL ...i even ordered my true size!! AND THERE IS NO BUTTON HOLE..HOW?? WHY??... I WAS PROMISED THE JEANS BY 10/15/18 BUT DIDNT RECIEVE THEM UNTIL 10/20/18... I CANT GET ANY HUMAN HELP...just automated. I just want a the same jeans in the correct size that fit me. I originally ordered the jeans to be here in time for a friend's bday party... Help!! I feel LAST AND LEAST AS A CUSTOMER...i used to shop daily at Amazon BUT heard good things about wish...APPARENTLY THOSE GOOD RUMORS ARE ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE...VERY BAD BUSINESS. FRAUD...i want the jeans I ordered in my correct size..OR MY MONEY WAS SPENT IN VAIN AND I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM WISH AGAIN AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW TO NEVER EVER SHOP WISH

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Sitejabber has collected a total of 5,399 reviews on Wish......

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. This is cheap manufactured in China. God only knows what heavy metals, carcinogens, toxins or poison are in the makeup. Minimum delivery time greater than 1 month. Cheap crap.

By Susan K.

I use to love wish. Recently not any more. On December I ordered a set of purses that I never received. I did get refunded after a couple emails. I received 3 out of 4 of my items. Ended up getting refunded for all but one because they were all so late (1 item actually arrives on time). I received 2 watches. One watch stopped working after about a month. The other fell apart and stopped working after a month also. And since I had two I wasn't wearing them everyday but luckily I had gotten refunded for them already bc of late shipping. Also if you order anything read reviews and use PayPal.

By brittany b.

Very cheap knock off merchandise. I placed an order for about 70 items on a single order, out of those 70 I have received 9 items. *3* where broken, *4* was the wrong item and *2* were such poor quality it was unusable. And yes it has been about 7 wks. since I placed my order. The tracking numbers DO NOT work in the USA. And if you go through their site it's all in Chinese. I found all of the same items on EBay from same companies and tried them out and guess, I got a USA tracking number, and my item arrived in 2 wks.! So unless you just want to waist your money DO NOT ORDER FROM WISH.COM!!

By Betty J.

I found more bad seller's than good . Was also told a item had been delivered to my address. The item did arrive 3 weeks later. Another seller told me item had been dispatched then told me it was out of stock on each occasion customer service was really bad if you like a gamble this is the site

By paul m.

Everything typically takes forever to get to buyer if it gets to you at all, then Wish says 5 more days ,5 more days all the while they have your money, if you do get your order and it isn't right or defective they expect you to return the item on your dime regardless that it was their mistake which is illegal. There is no customer service ,you have to email then eventually call your bank or file a complaint with the District attorney about Wish which I had to do in order to get my refund. I have not ordered anything else from Wish and warn people about them . So in my opinion beware order from someone else

By John o.

I have answered this many times and my answer is always the same. Read the reviews!!! Some items are junk, and if so, people will comment. The clothes are sized for the Asian market and therefore are many sizes smaller. I wear a medium and ordered the one article of clothing I have ordered in an xxl and it just fit. Clothing tends to be on cheap side, too. Watches and jewelry tend to be a good deal and I have ordered many watches as gifts ans have averaged $3-$5. They look expensive and some even say CK on them. I ordered a $70 purse that I didn't use for several months and when I did, the zipper broke. I took a picture of it, sent it to customer service and received a refund within an hour. Didn't even have to send the item back. Items can take up to a month and if you complain, they usually offer a refund, but even with the refund, I have received the item every time. Have patience and read the reviews and you will be good to go!

By Suzan C.

Well if you bought it and try returning it I think it'll be a waste because of shipping, but usually you would get the money back. Oh and just so you know when they say that shipping is $1 sometime it's really not. I ordered something and shipping was way more then expected.

By eh p.

You don't get what they advertise. They won't do refunds unless you pay to send it back. If the shady company deletes their ad they can't prove what you bought. Wish is the main app for a lot of little companies. Most of which are dishonest. It's a gamble. Can take up to 2 mos to get your stuff

By Allison u.

They can't be trusted at all.

By Eric K.

Wish is the biggest fraud I have been involved with for online purchasing . I will never buy anything from them . They ripped me off of hundreds of dollars . Buyer beware !!!

By Sande c.
Questions? Get answers from the Wish staff and other customers.

Wish?