Review of Wish

Tel: +1-800-266-0172
support@wish.com

abigailh35
11/11/19
I heard from a friend that WISH has Star Trek items that are not available in the US and are quite inexpensive. I decided to check it out. I was a bit skeptical, due to another friend telling me that her experience with WISH was not so good---items very cheaply made and they take forever to get here to the US. But I wanted some Star Trek stuff and decided to try it and see for myself.

The first time, I ordered mostly Star Trek trinkets and jewelry---pins, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, keychains and the like---Nothing expensive. Some things came in a few weeks, other things took over a month to arrive. The products were acceptable.
The one problem I had was that I ordered 5 of the same charms necklace, and the seller only shipped 1 to me. After waiting weeks longer to see if the others would come, I contacted WISH support to tell them I got only 1 of the 5. They issued me a refund, so I was cool with it.

However, I wanted more of those charms for a project. I never found them elsewhere, So I went back to WISH to see if I could get more. I found bracelets with the same charms, for less cost each. So this time I ordered 10 bracelets. I also found a few different Star Trek necklaces I liked and ordered those too. Some came quite quickly, others took much longer.
Everything in my order showed as "Processed", so I kept checking tracking numbers for what had not yet arrived, and I noticed that the estimated arrival dates keep being moved out further and further. Excuses given included delays due to availability, weather, and the shipping service used. In particular, I still hadn't gotten the charms I ordered, and it appears that the package never even left China! NOTE: There is NO WAY TO CONTACT THE SELLER DIRECTLY!

I contacted WISH support, and they gave me two options: 1) cancel the order for a refund, or 2) continue waiting. I WANTED THE CHARMS, so I opted to wait. This happened twice.

Last night, I checked the tracking again...the charms still hadn't left China. I contacted WISH support. This time, they said it was too late for a refund! I was shocked! They kept telling me that "sometimes shipping just takes longer". Now my patient waiting cost me getting a refund...for items I paid for but never received! WTH!

They did offer me "WISH CASH" instead. I took it, as the only option left. Then I went back on WISH to look for the bracelet charms. Of course, THEY ARE STILL AVAILABLE! But at a HIGHER PRICE! Of course!!! I ordered more, using the WISH cash, and paying the difference. I know, i know....WHY would I do that? Because I want those charms!! And I never found them elsewhere.

A friend wanted one of the necklaces I had gotten, so I a few weeks ago, I ordered another one of those...and it came quickly. My kids wanted some little PVC figures (Mario, Pokemon) and some Madoka Magica necklaces---again, hard to find elsewhere unless you are willing to pay a lot more money. I have received some of what I ordered, and i'm still waiting for other items.

All this is to say...WISH can be hit or miss. I guess it's okay if you are looking for inexpensive trinket items, and you are willing to wait weeks for shipping. However, I would NOT risk buying a high-priced item from them.

I still keep a written list of exactly what I ordered on what date...then when I receive my packages, I cross-check the tracking numbers and check on my list what I've gotten and what I haven't. That is how I know what I did NOT receive---especially if I ordered a second item of something I previously ordered. I cannot read the Chinese addresses on the labels, none of the packages have ever had a packing slip, and the declaration on the label may just say "necklace" but I don't know which one. This is when TRACKING NUMBERS are so important to determine what came and what hasn't come.

Several other things I find annoying about WISH...
BROWSING: The search engine pulls up all kinds of stuff that is NOT what you searched for, and you have to scroll through it all to try to find what you want. There is no way to filter search results, to make it easier to look at just what you want. Also, after you click on an item to look at it more closely, when you click back to browsing, you land at that Top of the search results, and you have to scroll, scroll, scroll until you find where you left off. PITA if you ask me.
SPECIAL PRICES: Many times, when you click on an item, you will be offered a somewhat lower price if you place your order in the next hour. However, if you are searching through numerous items, and possibly purchasing a bunch of stuff, that hour is likely to go by before you are finished deciding what to buy...and you lose out on the lower price. That sucks.
COUPONS: There are great coupon codes for first-time WISH users. But after you've placed that first order, it is very hard to find coupon codes for future orders. A google search may pull up various coupons; however, they are rarely valid coupons for one reason or another. And when you do find a valid coupon code, you are lucky to get a mere 5% off your order.
SHIPPING: Shipping can get expensive fast! I have found that with the small items shipping often costs MORE than the total of your purchases. And those items that are "FREE, just pay shipping"...the shipping is usually higher on them than on the same item that is not free (from another seller). Compare carefully. ALSO, Wish does NOT offer coupon codes for Free Shipping, at least none that I have ever found. And the coupon codes that knock a little off your purchase price do not take anything off your shipping cost. Of course! :(

All in all, I can only give WISH a 3-star rating. Even that may be too generous.
I am happy with the trinket items that I did receive. I know the jewelry is not expensive, but I didn't get most of it to wear---it got them for my Star Trek collection. The few items I've worn are the quality I expect for costume jewelry.
At the same time, I am quite upset about the deal with the charm bracelets I ordered. I wanted those more than the rest of what I got...and they NEVER SENT THEM. After being told by WISH to wait a few weeks because sometimes shipping takes longer...then I find out that "waiting a few more weeks" put me past the deadline for a refund! WTF! That is UNACCEPTABLE! That made me really mad! And there is no way to contact the seller to find out what happened.

My advice: JUST BE CAREFUL using WISH. You may end up a happy customer. Or you may end up very disappointed!
alwayst3
11/9/19
Wish app is misleading!! They are basically Ebay!! Wish is the middleman of Ebay. At least Ebay is TRANSPARENT about the SHIPPING date prior to purchasing the item; at least Ebay is TRANSPARENT about the COUNTRY and BUSINESS your making the purchase from. SHIPPING, COUNTRY AND BUSINESS information is crucial information to disclose to the customer while assisting us make a wise decision about our purchase and investment. Wish wont be in business very long, once the customer begins to connect the dots, they will go directly with Ebay by removing the middleman and paying less for their products.
claudiop29
11/9/19
Very nice site, I didn't know whether to trust so I decided to take advantage of a promo in which I can give a code that reaches 50% discount on the total cart, in exchange wish will send me further discounts on some products that interest me. (DISCOUNT CODE)( yltwdyp )
I recommend always using new accounts to get free shipping, and maybe using this code you will be able to get products at prices tending to cents found on the street!
Good luck!

Tip for consumers: Use this code to pay less ( yltwdyp ) and always read products reviews

williev14
11/7/19
I never received the items that I ordered and paid for! I don't want a refund, I want the items that I paid for!!!!
After two years these items were never delivered, I want these items or an equivalent to these items.
If you cannot supply these items, I will have my money back in credit with interest over two years.
You failed to deliver, I did not do anything wrong. You are acting like criminals now
melissac493
11/7/19
They don't send you the items and when you request a refund, they tell you "too bad!". SCAM!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!
francisg8
11/7/19
I have bought several items from wish but got several times items not as described more precisely like a WiFi cam not working , a dog bed sold as waterproof but absorb water like any other fabric I complained to them and waiting for the full refund , I think wish has no quality control and doesn't give any satisfaction by replying to show they improving them business .
jamesa781
11/6/19
As the majority of items are from chinese sellers, lower case intended, expect inferior quality and poor communication. Also have found that shipping/tracking updates are totally bogus. While there are a few good sellers, most are sub-par at best. While I dislike eBay and Amazon, at least they are above board and forthright, when it comes to shipping and taking care of your complaints. Wish has zero/no way of contacting support directly. From now on I'll just pay extra $ to get better quality and service. AVOID Wish unless you are a total idiot!
bryanb232
11/6/19
Over the last week I have Purchased over 100 items on wish. Amazingly after my purchases I receive a email from Wish stating> Unfortunately we couldnt process your purchase in time to buy the items!!! 98% of my purchases didnt go through!! They have items listed at a cheap price and then you pay for them> It Is Amazing That They Snatch Your Money Up So Fast For The Purchase> But After the PMT Is Made> Then You Receive The Almighty Email>>Then you have to work like hell just to get a refund!!! TOO MUCH BS FOR ME!! Wish should not be allowed to sell product to anyone in the USA Period!! Scam Your Products In China!!!! You can't ever call them to get help on ANY ISSUE!! Disgusting Website> DO NOT BUY From THESE SCAMMERS!! SHUT THEM DOWN!!!!
paulb1492
11/3/19
I purchased a leather bag from Wish.com. They said it had been delivered on 26 October 2019....to someone in the US. I live in the UAE - WTF???? I have messaged them countless times for an answer on this issue, with absolutely no reply. DO NOT BUY from them as they are scammers.
kischkab
11/2/19
First off, the only clothing I've bought from wish is socks, which are fine, if a little smaller than most American socks, and underwear, which is sized much smaller than the stated sizes. So I wouldn't recommend buying clothing, other than socks, from this site.

Most of what I buy are cheap tchotchkes, and I have been very satisfied with the quality of most of the items, and definitely with the price. I have also ordered some, ahem, adult toys, and those have all been of very good quality. Some even came with handwritten notes. Delivery can take a while, and I have had a few items that have never been delivered. However, when I've informed their customer support, they've given me a refund.

Keep in mind that this is not a website like Amazon. This is a website where different sellers, or "shops" can sell items. The website is, I think, trying to do their best to improve their customer service. One other thing- this website is based in China, where probably 90% of our goods come from anyway. To make a blanket statement that the items they sell are "fake" or poor quality ignores the fact that almost everything we buy comes from the same place.
sebastianb76
11/1/19
They offer a deal where the first item sold per day is only .50. If your not the first order of the day you get a refund. Seems risk free and simple. What's to lose I thought. I went crazy buying hundreds of .50 items hoping I would win at least a couple or a few maybe. None. I won nothing but that's not the bad part! I heard nothing for days so I finally poked around the Wish site and hidden in an obscure Notifications area were 400+ messages telling me I hadn't won and then said...Start the action of a REFUND. The process takes about 5 mins...EACH!!! I now have to go through this process over 400 times. I think they count on us lazy Americans saying "screw it, it's only
50 cents" and then they've score (in my case $249)thousands from us morons for giving us ZERO in return.
mireial
10/30/19
Todo lo comprado es falso, y ademas tardan mucho en entregar.. dando largas y demoras, no lo recomendaria
jasonk412
10/29/19
Wish allowed my wife's account to be hacked. The person changed the email address on the account and charged over $500. There was never any notification from Wish that changes were being made until it was too late. Wish's security is terrible.Attached are pictures of the messages received regarding the fraudulent purchase
januszm1
10/28/19
Little update to this article - Did you know that Wish.com is doing big expansion on European market now. They offer local stores good contitions for enable customers to pick up goods from local stores immediately after buying - this push theam ahead befor ali express - in my country is around 100 stores but I know that % of stores in other European countries is much higher and grom much faster. Wish also give to stores manager special employ discount code even 50 % off like this one XPXJGJY to give local customers and their are paid for that - code works and is unique for each store but its stronger then any other in the app - This is smart plan that can change thisk of buying in future but also can double china stuff around us Greetings from Poland everyone I hope my post was worth reading
julied294
10/28/19
You never know which items you will receive, or when, lots of items don't reach me so they refund but I ordered because I wanted those items very stressful to contact wish as you never get to speak to someone and when they do email back, they are uneducated about the simplest questions about my orders. I end up having to email again with still no reasonable response. I get told that shippers don't always get the proper tracking numbers. Very unprofessional and with all the mail thefts I will not be ordering from wish any longer. Shipping is always more then the item so, in my opinion this is a gimmick for some of wishes stores to make interest on our money without sending the product. Over a month later you get a refund.
howardc101
10/26/19
Why doesn't the Fed government investigate wish.com a China base co ripping the American people off.

Tip for consumers: Shop somewhere else

rosnik
10/26/19
Wish customer care helpline number
*******930+********346### any problem please contact this number happy to help you thanks for helping very nice company this company is good service thanks for again thanks
kayceed1
10/25/19
I ordered many things, but it took a day and a half to "Process" Then over the course of 5 hours, it refunded EVERYTHING. I didn't even want a refund, I waited the the things from my order. NOT a wasted 2 days of my life.
rogerm504
10/24/19
This is NOT like Amazon or ebay. Amazon does not sell fraudulent items. Ebay has an easy warranty and a numerical trust rating. Wish has nothing. I bought a night-vision infrared monocular. What I got had no night vision and no infrared capability. It was a cheap monocular with poor optics - worth about $5 at a Five-below store, if even that.
zhumamal
10/24/19
I have placed an order on 17 Oct 2019.
When I check my account on 23 Oct, to my surprise, there is another order on 21 Oct, which I have NOT committed to purchase. By the time I noticed, it is passed the 8 hours for cancellation as stated in their website. It is my oversight, although I have received many emails notices, which I assume is for the 17 Oct order. I only check when I become suspicious of the numbers of emails I received. To make the matter worst, the auto generated order on 21 Oct are numerous repeated items which I put into the cart for my review & comparison on later dates. I have cancelled my credit card & made a police report on this incident. On WISH side, I am still waiting for them to respond & reply, while continuing to receive their numerous delivery emails, which are time consuming to check all. Hate this experience.
pedros103
10/23/19
Worst place to buy all they do is rip you off
I bought a generetor but instead I received a box of garbage about a month ago today is 10/22/19 and I still can't get a shipping level I been trading every day for the past month I have email them and is always a different person telling me the same stuff to go to the app and request a refund and I always tell them that I have their system suck please don't buy from here and help me spread the word it cost me $700 don't buy from wish.com
lexr12
10/23/19
long shipping, the texes arent included and you may get trouble at the shipping border control, also there many fake
products which may make you unhappy where you wish (hahah you know=) you never found this side
victoriav73
10/23/19
i ordered from wish a couple of times and i received everything on time. i think the trick is only buy from verified shops havent had any problems.
I've ordered only accessories and phone cases, no clothing.
use code: HNWQLPB to get 50% off your first order
rahulk172
Wish customer care helpline number
*******930//# *******346###any problem please contact this number happy to help you
urinop
10/23/19
Very nice site, I didn't know whether to trust so I decided to take advantage of a promotion in which I can give a code that reaches 50% discount on the total cart, in exchange wish will send me further discounts on some products that interest me. (DISCOUNT CODE) : yltwdyp)
Good luck!
2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Sitejabber has collected a total of 5,746 reviews on Wish......

Yes, delete the app from your device. They will send you stuff you looked at! Bought a $7 item, was charged $97. Turns out everything I looked at, they billed me for and shipped. I only got $70 back.

By Wendy C.

I use to love wish. Recently not any more. On December I ordered a set of purses that I never received. I did get refunded after a couple emails. I received 3 out of 4 of my items. Ended up getting refunded for all but one because they were all so late (1 item actually arrives on time). I received 2 watches. One watch stopped working after about a month. The other fell apart and stopped working after a month also. And since I had two I wasn't wearing them everyday but luckily I had gotten refunded for them already bc of late shipping. Also if you order anything read reviews and use PayPal.

By brittany b.

Very cheap knock off merchandise. I placed an order for about 70 items on a single order, out of those 70 I have received 9 items. *3* where broken, *4* was the wrong item and *2* were such poor quality it was unusable. And yes it has been about 7 wks. since I placed my order. The tracking numbers DO NOT work in the USA. And if you go through their site it's all in Chinese. I found all of the same items on EBay from same companies and tried them out and guess, I got a USA tracking number, and my item arrived in 2 wks.! So unless you just want to waist your money DO NOT ORDER FROM WISH.COM!!

By Betty J.

I found more bad seller's than good . Was also told a item had been delivered to my address. The item did arrive 3 weeks later. Another seller told me item had been dispatched then told me it was out of stock on each occasion customer service was really bad if you like a gamble this is the site

By paul m.

Everything typically takes forever to get to buyer if it gets to you at all, then Wish says 5 more days ,5 more days all the while they have your money, if you do get your order and it isn't right or defective they expect you to return the item on your dime regardless that it was their mistake which is illegal. There is no customer service ,you have to email then eventually call your bank or file a complaint with the District attorney about Wish which I had to do in order to get my refund. I have not ordered anything else from Wish and warn people about them . So in my opinion beware order from someone else

By John o.

I have answered this many times and my answer is always the same. Read the reviews!!! Some items are junk, and if so, people will comment. The clothes are sized for the Asian market and therefore are many sizes smaller. I wear a medium and ordered the one article of clothing I have ordered in an xxl and it just fit. Clothing tends to be on cheap side, too. Watches and jewelry tend to be a good deal and I have ordered many watches as gifts ans have averaged $3-$5. They look expensive and some even say CK on them. I ordered a $70 purse that I didn't use for several months and when I did, the zipper broke. I took a picture of it, sent it to customer service and received a refund within an hour. Didn't even have to send the item back. Items can take up to a month and if you complain, they usually offer a refund, but even with the refund, I have received the item every time. Have patience and read the reviews and you will be good to go!

By Suzan C.

They can't be trusted at all.

By Eric K.

Well if you bought it and try returning it I think it'll be a waste because of shipping, but usually you would get the money back. Oh and just so you know when they say that shipping is $1 sometime it's really not. I ordered something and shipping was way more then expected.

By eh p.

You don't get what they advertise. They won't do refunds unless you pay to send it back. If the shady company deletes their ad they can't prove what you bought. Wish is the main app for a lot of little companies. Most of which are dishonest. It's a gamble. Can take up to 2 mos to get your stuff

By Allison u.

Wish is the biggest fraud I have been involved with for online purchasing . I will never buy anything from them . They ripped me off of hundreds of dollars . Buyer beware !!!

By Sande c.
Questions? Get answers from the Wish staff and other customers.

Wish?