Review of Wish

Tel: +1-800-266-0172
support@wish.com

maxinee9
5/19/19

Ordered items that never arrived. The app says I've been refunded but I received no money in my bank account. My friend has somehow managed to buy stuff through wish. I wasn't so lucky and definitely won't be making any purchases from them again.

kennethw192
5/19/19

If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. This site is a complete hoax except for the part where they take your money. Do not buy anything from this site. You will likely never receive what you paid for. Don't be a sucker like me.

robertl324
1,157 helpful votes
5/14/19

I LIKE THEM!

Wish.com is truly a well set up site. Credit where credit is due; They have tried to think of everything, and have done well at it. There is a very old ploy -- "We are the underdog, so we try harder!" The ancient Greeks knew this, and at least it's a more honest type of advertising propaganda, because it works both ways. Even tho they aren't using this, it applies, and We might as well take advantage of this fact while it lasts.

Wish is relatively new, and bucking the biggies like Alibaba - also Chinese - so take into consideration that Every product they sell is Chinese. ...Yes, I know, Everything is Chinese these days, but inured to this or not doesn't alter the fact that this is the cheap stuff. Keep that in mind. On the other hand, here we have a company where we can buy the Same product(s) for a Dollar, that have been imported (by someone else) to an American store (WallyWorld, et al) and marked up 2000%. No joke, no exaggeration.

This leads to the fact that these are individual sellers; so Every item has its own shipping cost attached. Multiple buys from one company are Not taken into account. So watch every item for it's Total price, not the price first and shipping later. Never fear tho, Everything they sell is pennies on the dollar compared to other online stores and especially American prices, so shipping included it's still far better, and they have literally thousands of items.

Their Search works (wonder upon wonder) but don't be too specific! Fair Warning. And be prepared to do a ton of scrolling. The reason is so many sellers. For any item there will be a long list. Pick and choose of course, but make a list of your own (or possibly use their wish list?) so you can find your way back to your items of interest while you are still shopping/comparing. I mean this for the list you are now scrolling thru, as to where to look: item, price, seller, adjoining ads, how far up the list, etc. Because what you Don't Do! is click on one as if to buy it, then do not. Don't use search for his either. Make Your Own List!

Why? Because they are Tricky!
I'm not sure if this is over competition or what, but if you do line up a buy (which has to be done One At A Time) and then not complete it, That Item Disappears! You can no longer find it on the list you were just scrolling thru, in search, or anywhere. You will find others just like it, but from different sellers, and not That one. Worse..from then on every one you do find will be Higher Priced! This is not a mistake. I tried this over and over to be sure. I suppose this is their thinking: That they now know you Want that item, and that given, you will pay a higher price for one, when you can no longer find the one you backed out of..so why offer it again. The only way out of this I have found is to get completely out of Wish..kill recent apps including the redundant ones in Chrome..so they no longer have any info for this search, Then, Walla! your item is there again. And mind you, this same thing goes for the promos. So Make Your Own List!

Which leads me to PROMOS:
They run from 10% to 50% and you won't know how much until you click one. Some will appear randomly on your accounts page, the Best ones, which Do say what they're worth, and there is even a promos button there. All the more reason not to need their app, or let them send to your phone & email. They are at your fingertips Anyway.
The rest pop up randomly while you're shopping.. Especially just after you've visited your cart! which means you used up That chance to use one (remember there's no going back or they punish you). But,
FAIR WARNING: Promo discounts are Only Good Twice!
This means (by my experience, and remember you must buy items one at a time) on Two Items Only, not the entire list, and you won't find this out until you try to use your promo a third time and get their "Oops!" flag. Except now you Do know! . Make your own list! Use your promos only on the high dollar items! Then you won't be tricked into using them up.

Personally I'm shopping Wish without the app. I don't like to have apps such as these when simply going to the site via Search, [or as I do -- keep the various buttons to them (Shop, Account, C.S., etc.) in gmail ] is just as good. Why? For that single convenience of a button on your home page, you are connected to them 24-7; which costs you Data Minutes, uses storage and ram..you are Paying for them to send you endless ads and promos, To Your Phone, With Alerts! that can easily be confined to your email instead. Two clicks instead of one to save all that.

Without their app then my experience with Wish has been about 90% positive. Even the one refund was ½ good, as I learned that their cozen blurb, "We Have Your Back!" is true. They sent me my refund for a wrong item shipped, on my word with only pix of the wrapper and product, the next day! You can't say That for many companies. On top of that, I not only get to keep the wrong product, but their inner-communications Actually Work. I used their robo form, Wish Assistant, and the next day when Customer Service got back to me, they already knew Everything, and the refund was Done! I've never dealt with any site where this was so.

I LIKE THEM! Five Stars for Wish.com

edwins63
5/14/19

On january 24th, I ordered some coins, and I am still waiting for them. I have contacted wish support or customer service and never do anything to resolve the issue. Don't buy anything from them, it's a scam.

deepthiv1
5/11/19

Fraud company.
Not giving product and not giving refund. They have taken 29000rs from my credit card. I have given police complaint. Never buy products from this company

bluem
5/9/19

I looked at a USB 1080p webcam from Logitech. They had it "over 60% off" but the reduced price was still about 20% dearer than I could get from local shop, and without having to worry about postage etc ... I looked at a USB hub - same deal. Buy elsewhere.

colleene25
5/9/19

I placed an order I never received the item I called my bank and had them refuse payment and wish blocked me honestly their products are terrible if they arrive.

Tip for consumers: Don’t make the mistake I did don’t order from them ever

julier320
5/9/19

Julie Roberts Dont order anything from Wish. They are impossible to get in touch with. My mother had been ill sine the 20 March and actually died on the 8 April. She was to go on a trip and ordered nearly £100.00 worth of stuff which I have but am unable to return. You cannot contact them unless you go through the account of my mother and they only return items within a certain time although I have tried on numerous occasions to get in touch with them they have not responded. I have now been able to get onto my mother's account and now they won't take anything back because it has been too long. They have sent a couple of returns lables to send some items back but will only send them to my mother's email (again which I don't have access to!). AGAIN DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

cathyh164
5/9/19

ORDERED THINGS IN DEC.AND NEVER RECIVED ANY OF IT ORDEDED IN JAN.FEB,STILL NOT RECIVER WE NEED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW CR00KED THEY ARE I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MY MONEY BACK BUT WE KNOW THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

sinethembam
5/9/19

The service so far has been excellent I didn't have any problems both me and my family we have been using you guys thanks for everything

grahamg49
5/8/19

purchased a mobile phone from wish battery would not charge after a month so could not use the phone. Contacted wish they said they were very sorry and would contact supplier,within a couple of days they said the supplier would send a new battery, guess what! Battery never arrived contacted wish after a few weeks asking for a refund as no battery and phone was not fit for purpose they replied, one month for refund had passed so basically tough!!. i replied to say ok supply me the battery but all i got back was refund not possible as one month had passed. Then they shut your case so it is not possible to request help so have a phone i cannot use. WILL NEVER BUY FROM WISH AGAIN!!!! alli- exspress much better service.

arthury9
5/7/19

Everything the other reviews about the delivery lead time (1.5 months !) and poor response from their system (Wishpost), can't be more true. There is near to no response with their auto-answers from their system.

krisw59
5/6/19

I bought many items from Wish,not having a clue about what Wish was..The 5x..Supposedly,a 18/20? Is a size 8/10 in "American Size"..You dont get the items for a month and a half,by then? Its too late..Also,the cool hippie looking guaze and rayon items? They are all microfiber..Kind of like a cheap umbrella..ZERO customer service.Dont waste your money.Its a HUGE SCAM!!!

elizabethg293
5/6/19

initially the price on clothing is one low price but when you get to the checkout it is several dollars more. And this has nothing to do with shipping charges. I have a complaint to wish.com twice

johnh1249
5/4/19

I have spent hundreds if not more on the wish site. There are indeed lots of good bargains, but there is also a load of rubbish on there to. I am still waiting for 2 items that I have paid for. The thing that really got to me, WAS? I was waiting for an item [stockings] I noticed that on my wish info it stated that I had received this item on the 24/04/2019. But I did receive it on the 04/05/2019. How can they alter my goods received without my consent???
Please look at the P&P & the colour & size, this raises the price Dramatically.

jamalh15
5/2/19

i WILL NOT BUY ANY STUFF FROM THERE SITE THIS IS GARBAGE FROM CHAINA
ONCE YOU PAY YOU ARE STUCK NO REFUND NO RETURN

serenab22
5/1/19

Bought over 100 worth of stuff nevor got it , was nevor able to talk to anyone off the site. Got a phone call saying wish would refound my money and i got scamed they stole my bank account information by hacking into my computer. Please stay away from wish.

gregorys221
5/1/19

I bought a hoodie to small ,I ask for a refund they said they will send it never sent it. No way to talk to anyone, they have you talking to a bull$#*! machine as customer service , $#*! WISH Y'ALL NEED TO BE SUED!!!

Tip for consumers: Listen don't do it , don't be a fool

mashaylahm
5/1/19

I've ordered 4 times that have never arrived, I've also cancelled 5 items from previous order within 24hr of making order and still haven't received a refund or other said items. The items are cheap because their poor quality and material. Refund policy isn't accurate at all this app/website is a scam your refund isn't guaranteed!

sherril118
5/1/19

Worst clothing ever! Wayyyyy too small. It will fit children. Cheap polyester halloween costume fabric for everything. Horrible. They refund your money and dont want the clothes shipped back. That says it all. Buy elsewhere

tonu
5/1/19

I ordered 2 items last year, paid my purchases using credit card and months have pased -- it never arrived. I tried contacting their support but you will only receive "template" responses.
I wanted a refund, but the response that I got was they credited the amount through Wish Cash. They dont do cash refund. So you are stuck on the solution, wishing and hoping against all hope that your next order will soon arrive.
I took my chance and tried to replace my order -- same bad experience. Items did not arrive and asked for refund. Same response, credit via wish cash so just replace your order. This is crazy. Waste. Ridiculous. Scam. Fraud. Syndicate. This app should be shut down.

michelles669
4/30/19

I ordered a $36.00 dollar item. When I finally got it, the item was not how it was described. I contacted their so-called "support" and they sent me an email claiming I had to pay for shipping, use a label the post office said wasn't very good, and the worst part? The post office said it would cost me *$60.00* dollars to ship the item back. It strangely only cost Wish $12.00 dollars to ship it to me.

Tried to get a hold of Wish about issue. Guess who you can't contact, least not very well....? Wish. They give *very* limited choices as to how their animated response would address the issue. You had to either chose what little they had or forget it. Needless to say, they didn't list even "other" which I needed because none of the others was what I needed.

Several rounds later and I got nowhere. So now I'm stuck with an item I don't want and refuse to pay outrageous amount of money for an item not worth any where near the cost to return it. I'm furious.

praveenr14
4/30/19

If you have enough money to spare then only buy from the SCAM website run by some Chinese frau.ds....Without any second thoughts I can say wish.com is a 200% fraud site.

susanr440
4/29/19

Wish only sells crap that's overpriced and anything that isn't convenient for them they try to block. You can't really review the items you buy. Not like.amazon. I don't recommend wish to anyone. When my 2nd item arrives im deleting my app forever.

donaldd180
4/29/19

Also there's an app called geek, which is part of wish in some way, owned by the same people as wish, they are just as big as scammers as wish, no customer service, crazy shipping times, products that never arrive, and the same poor site as wish, I know because I was stupid enough to order from them, not anything big, thank goodness, I will definitely be taking the app of my phone, just a big lie about items, that's all it is.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Sitejabber has collected a total of 5,565 reviews on Wish......

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. This is cheap manufactured in China. God only knows what heavy metals, carcinogens, toxins or poison are in the makeup. Minimum delivery time greater than 1 month. Cheap crap.

By Susan K.

I use to love wish. Recently not any more. On December I ordered a set of purses that I never received. I did get refunded after a couple emails. I received 3 out of 4 of my items. Ended up getting refunded for all but one because they were all so late (1 item actually arrives on time). I received 2 watches. One watch stopped working after about a month. The other fell apart and stopped working after a month also. And since I had two I wasn't wearing them everyday but luckily I had gotten refunded for them already bc of late shipping. Also if you order anything read reviews and use PayPal.

By brittany b.

Very cheap knock off merchandise. I placed an order for about 70 items on a single order, out of those 70 I have received 9 items. *3* where broken, *4* was the wrong item and *2* were such poor quality it was unusable. And yes it has been about 7 wks. since I placed my order. The tracking numbers DO NOT work in the USA. And if you go through their site it's all in Chinese. I found all of the same items on EBay from same companies and tried them out and guess, I got a USA tracking number, and my item arrived in 2 wks.! So unless you just want to waist your money DO NOT ORDER FROM WISH.COM!!

By Betty J.

I found more bad seller's than good . Was also told a item had been delivered to my address. The item did arrive 3 weeks later. Another seller told me item had been dispatched then told me it was out of stock on each occasion customer service was really bad if you like a gamble this is the site

By paul m.

Everything typically takes forever to get to buyer if it gets to you at all, then Wish says 5 more days ,5 more days all the while they have your money, if you do get your order and it isn't right or defective they expect you to return the item on your dime regardless that it was their mistake which is illegal. There is no customer service ,you have to email then eventually call your bank or file a complaint with the District attorney about Wish which I had to do in order to get my refund. I have not ordered anything else from Wish and warn people about them . So in my opinion beware order from someone else

By John o.

I have answered this many times and my answer is always the same. Read the reviews!!! Some items are junk, and if so, people will comment. The clothes are sized for the Asian market and therefore are many sizes smaller. I wear a medium and ordered the one article of clothing I have ordered in an xxl and it just fit. Clothing tends to be on cheap side, too. Watches and jewelry tend to be a good deal and I have ordered many watches as gifts ans have averaged $3-$5. They look expensive and some even say CK on them. I ordered a $70 purse that I didn't use for several months and when I did, the zipper broke. I took a picture of it, sent it to customer service and received a refund within an hour. Didn't even have to send the item back. Items can take up to a month and if you complain, they usually offer a refund, but even with the refund, I have received the item every time. Have patience and read the reviews and you will be good to go!

By Suzan C.

Well if you bought it and try returning it I think it'll be a waste because of shipping, but usually you would get the money back. Oh and just so you know when they say that shipping is $1 sometime it's really not. I ordered something and shipping was way more then expected.

By eh p.

You don't get what they advertise. They won't do refunds unless you pay to send it back. If the shady company deletes their ad they can't prove what you bought. Wish is the main app for a lot of little companies. Most of which are dishonest. It's a gamble. Can take up to 2 mos to get your stuff

By Allison u.

They can't be trusted at all.

By Eric K.

Wish is the biggest fraud I have been involved with for online purchasing . I will never buy anything from them . They ripped me off of hundreds of dollars . Buyer beware !!!

By Sande c.
Questions? Get answers from the Wish staff and other customers.

Wish?