Review of WigTypes

Tel: +1-516-307-1851
help@wigtypes.com

fayel29
3/21/19

I ordered 6 wigs from beauty of New York and they were beautiful fit perfect and do well packed I order lots of wigs but they have shown me I don't have to go any farther this company timely as well they arrived at my door in a couple of days shop with them

marya906
3/15/19

Well to be truthful I did not do any customer reviewall I did was look at that little Jamaican lady on those videos, reviewing wigs and that is what convince me that these people are excellent to do business with, she seemed authentic and honest about her reviews even though she don't look the way she used to months ago but yeah, I've been ordering from them over and over again for months, never had any order or shipping issues. Thanks Wigtypes.

janed461
1/16/19

Took money out of my account multiple and claimed that the credit card was declined when the information was correct, don't waste your time on this site and their overpriced shipping rates.

jadeg20
1/6/19

I won't lie, at first, I was EXTREMELY skeptical of this website due to its format as well as reviews. I had placed my order without a second thought, and then after I had looked at reviews, I had scared myself half to death, thinking I'd made some kind of mistake. However, after receiving my items today, I am nothing short of delighted by my experience with this company. I never review anything, but I wanted to make some light of the company with my experience, despite others having less than satisfactory encounters with Wigtypes.

I placed my order on Dec 29th after a friend suggested Wigtypes over another company I frequented. My order was processed and shipped to a UPS facility within the day I ordered it. The only troubles I had afterwards was getting a tracking number for my order; however, since this was after major holiday and following the New Year, UPS had not labeled it yet, which was why my tracking number was inoperative. This is what the Wigtypes help email had told me after I emailed them, and I cannot praise them enough for their speedy response time over my issue.

My package arrived Jan 4th, and everything came in perfect condition. I ordered four synthetic wigs, all of them which came as expected. I really hope to shop at Wigtypes again sometime.

laurettap
12/21/18

My first order was for 2 wigs. I loved them! Ordered 6 more for a total of 8. I love them all. Also, the price and delivery time were phenomenal. Sign me a satisfied customer with no intention of wig shopping elsewhere.

pamelas327
12/5/18

Do not order from this company. I ordered 5 wigs from this company. They sent me 4 of the same color wigs. I did not order 4 blond wigs. They just sent me what the wanted or had left in stock. When I sent them a email they said they will charge a 20% restocking fee. I refuse to pay for their mistake. I will never order from this company again. THey have lost a customer, but they probably don't care. Maybe I can sell them on Ebay.

savannahl14
12/3/18

This place is a true scam they took 25$ out of my account. They do not answer the phone or reply to emails. They make me never want to online shop again

lydiad24
11/8/18

83 dollars! I have a hold on my account for 83 dollars that has been on hold for a week or more. This is utterly disgusting and completely unacceptable. Wigtypes.com is a complete and total fraud! I placed my order and was declined, so how is money gone from my account for the order total. I have no tracking number, nothing. And the phone at the company is not even being answered! Do not order from this company! It is not worth it.

Response from Wig T., WigTypes Representative
A declined transaction will not appear on the credit card statement, though it might appear in a list of pending transactions when you check your account online. Pending transactions will reduce the available credit card (or debit card balance) balance, but will not actually charge the card. A declined transaction will generally remove the temporary pending authorization on the credit card within 1 business day. Some credit card issuing banks will take 2 to 3 days to remove the pending charge.

If a temporary pending authorization does not "drop off" the card within 3 days. Please contact your bank for more information.
carlad56
10/28/18

I tried to order my daughter some Xpressions braid hair today from WigTypes.Com and it displayed a declined message. It stated that order was declined because my billing address did not match my shipping address, but when I checked my bank account, it showed WigTypes had taken 2 $29 payments from my card. If the payment was declined, how was I charged? And why was I charged twice? I wish I would've read their reviews before I decided to make a purchase from this company. By the looks of it, I won't get any help from the company so I will be contacting my bank to inform them of this matter. I have all the proof I need to show my bank that the order was declined but they still took my money AND I contacted them immediately today about the matter. So if they say they never received the email, I have the screenshot of the time and date of email sent. My suggestion to everyone is contact your bank and get them involved. They should be able to help with the situation. This is a lesson learned. No more ordering from unknown businesses. Smh

shanicas
10/25/18

I have shopped here before usually with no issue and spent a lot. This time my order never came. I spent nearly a hundred dollars and they won't refund me or assist in anyway except repeatedly opening investigations. They are claiming ups told them that it was received but it never was and ups is saying it has taken them repeat tries FOR THE PAST TWO MONTHS to get any kind of response. Don't shoot here ... if anything happens they won't help at all. I've emailed over 20 times. Try any other site but this one. Also I repeatedly asked them for corporate information and they refused to provide it. I'm trying to attach photos of all the emails but it won't let me. On my twitter @antaresdavinci you can see the video of the email and the exchange with their trash snarky customer service representative. Just search my name and @wigtypes to see how rudely and sarcastically they respond. It's disgusting.

Response from Wig T., WigTypes Representative
We explained to you in emails and private messages on social media that during the 5 UPS investigations, UPS has determined that you confirmed delivery of the Harlem 125 Synthetic Hair Swiss Lace Wig - LSD91 wigs on 5 separate occasions. We are a small business and anytime you reach out to us you are contacting the main office.
sevonb
10/7/18

I regret not reading reviews before ordering from this horrid site. I Ordered a wig and spent about 50 dollars on this site. I never recieved a confirmation email or tracking number but I checked my bank statement and saw they deffiantly charged me. I contacted customer service TWICE with no response. Im very dissapointed and pissed off. Do not waste your money on this site. its a scam

Response from Wig T., WigTypes Representative
We received your email on October 6th 2018 and responded the following business day October 8th. We provided you with your UPS tracking number that shows your order was delivered on October 10th
alisaw11
9/11/18

I purchased a wig from WigTypes because of the low price and supposed "fast shipping". After a week I called their customer service line to get a tracking number and estimated delivery. He wouldn't give me a tracking number but insisted the wig had been shipped and would arrive the next day. All he asked for was my name which is VERY common so how could he even know he was speaking on the right order? I asked again and he repeated that it'd be here the next day and rushed off the phone. Another week passes and I call again. Same answer. No wig that day either. I dispute the order with PayPal and only then did they ship the wig and I receive tracking info. The wig never left their warehouse the entire time they were telling me that it was on the way. NEVER AGAIN.

sarahp342
9/10/18

I have gotten many wigs from this company,and because of their awesome service I would only recommend wigtype.The wig that I ordered looked just like the picture,and that is rear.I love this company.I will not be going no where else.

suzetteb6
8/23/18

I emailed Wig types to inform that I unit that I purchased was different from the picture on their website. I sent them a picture of the unit that I ordered and a picture of the unit on their website. The two pictures are nothing alike. There was barely any of those colors in the unit I purchased. I have spent a massive amount of money with this company. Through this experience, I've learned that they don't value their customers. The emailed I received stated that according to management the unit you received is not defective in its color. I will never purchase another unit from this company.

ow13
8/21/18

This was my first time purchasing a wig and my process of ordering one through wigtypes was very easy. At first, I thought their website was skeptical because of the reviews on here. But honestly the bad reviews on here are mainly their own faults. What I recommend to do in order to get the best experience is to order a wig before 5pm so that it ships that EXACT DAY. Also, make an account so you can track your orders! I seen a review on here stating there's no order track for guests so avoid that. When I received my wig it looked beautiful. Haven't tried it on yet, I'm excited to! Lastly, I received my order on time. I look forward to ordering another wig from wigtypes.

nicolel172
7/22/18

I've been ordering my wigs, drawstring ponytails, bulk hair, braiding hair, crochet hair and other hair products from wig types for about 4 years now. I use to buy my hair from the beauty supply store, I no longer do that. Wig types, hair is always a good price and are always $10-40 cheaper than the bss and some other online stores. They pretty much guarantee, if you place your order that day by 4-5 o'clock (depending on your time zone), it'll be shipped out that day. I'm in Chicago, Illinois(my time to be ship out same day is 4 o'clock) and they always ship my package right out and you'll get a tracking number by 7 that night, if you placed your order by that time. I always place my order by 4 and I have always received my package from them, in 2 business days. Yessss, I mean always got my package in 2 business days!!!! They are the best, never had any issues with them or their products.

sophiac34
7/9/18

THEY DON'T DISPLAY THE WIG PIC NO MORE
THEY CHARGE A DOLLAR TO 3 DOLLARS MORE IN THE SHOPPING CART !! I SPENT OVER 1500$ OVER 6 YEARS BUT NOW THEY LOST ME :( IF THEY FIXED THERE WEBSITE I WILL GO BACK TO THEM BUT FOR NOW NOPE SORRY

angelab330
7/1/18

I ordered a zury sis naturali star pre-tweezed part human hair wig from this company and the wig came WITHOUT the pre-tweedzed part. It also did not look like any of the other Zury human hair wigs that I had purchased from other sites. They are FAKE - DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Response from Wig T., WigTypes Representative
All our items come directly from the manufacturer. We do not open or inspect them. Send us a photo of the unit to help@wigtypes.com and we would love a chance to make things right.
ravene3
6/26/18

I ordered on this website and at first my order wouldnt go through because it wouldnt let me put a different shipping address. I wish I saw the reviews before before depending my money with these d*cks! I called cause my order was being sent to philly and I now live in Boston and Im going out of town. Ups said they would send it to Boston if the company approved I called they were so rude and matter of factly said no they are not doing that. They basically only care about getting your money they dont value customers at all. Id you have an issue they will give zero f*cks and not help you at all. I have never been treated like this from any customer service at all! I am so angry right now I could scream, thats how frustrated I am at this point, they are so disgusting and disrespectful.

martind119
6/6/18

For one free shipping would apply to order over 49.99, now it is 69.99. It is not worth it, they guarantee lowest prices that is a complete lie. Price are raised higher then other sites. They claim to have these amazing sale but it does not exist. The price stays the same all the time. The holiday sale the claim to have is the same price as also was. Customers service is terrible.

chimerer
5/15/18

I have ordered from wigtypes for a few years but over the holidays in 2017 I ordered a large shipment of hair something happened where I didn't receive my package I live in apartment complex so if the person is not home then they are instructed to leave the package with the leasing office and they are instructed to have someone sign for it first let me start by saying this was my first time ever having an issue with wigtypes so I was surprised to find out that the website really doesn't work they have a live chat option that does not work when you email you may or may not get a response back and the phone number provided you really don't get anyone to speak with but a few times I actually spoke with one person so here's how the situation went once again as I stated I ordered a large shipment of hair after a while I noticed it was taking too long to get my shipment so I decided to track the package lucky for me I paid through PayPal I called PayPal and they informed me that I need to speak with the company first before going through with the dispute after days of trying to contact someone I finally got a live person I am formed him that I never received my package he then informed me that the package was sent back so I asked him if I was willing to pay for the shipping and handling what they resend the package I never received it he tells me no I asked what can I do to get a refund he says you'll have to go through PayPal as I see that's how you paid and so that's what I did after PayPal did a long review and notice that yes the package was sent out but it was never sent to my address it waited at the warehouse therefore it was sent back to the original shipper so seeing as how I never received the package it was never open I was entitled to a refund months later I decide to give him another chance thinking it's just a mishap that happened once again they were incompetent as they provided me with the wrong tracking number then once I finally got the tracking number situation under control they informed me that I was blacklisted and never charged for my order and I'm no longer allowed to order from the website not a problem I will definitely take my business elsewhere but if I were you and you decide to order from this website make sure that you always receive a confirmation make sure that you always receive a tracking number after you received that confirmation which should take no longer than a few hours to a day if you don't receive that tracking number be very cautious you may never receive your package and they may end up still charging you for it so unfortunately I feel bad that I have to part ways I did love the website but with this type of customer service I would be cautious

theresas83
3/31/18

How do you track packages as a guest? How come haven't I received an email about my order yet, I ordered yesterday?

cynthiar79
2/1/18

I have placed 7 orders since Sept 2017 and have received all of my packages on time or early and in great condition. I have never had to contact customer service, so I am unable to rate the customer service rep experience. When search the site for a new wig, I review the product reviews if available. The videos are most helpful to actually viewing the wig prior to purchase. The presenter will generally discuss the preparation needed for the wig to fit her liking. I have purchased a total of 50 wigs and I am 98% satisfied with my purchases. The prices are good and the wigs are definitely quality products. Packaging is great too, easy to stack the wigs when being stored.

tomio4
10/25/17

The guy I spoke on the phone with was completely rude and did not have any sense of hospitality. The wig sent to me looked nothing like the image online and he gave me an attitude because I want to return it for that reason. Do not buy from wigtypes!

noti8
9/23/17

If you have an ounce of decency in your wgole body, DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. After dealing with the rude monkey that I can onky assume other reviewers are talking about, I sent the following email to WigTypes:

I really do not believe you will care about my comment; especially considering how rude the young man that answers the phone for your company can be towards customers. I spend a lot of money via online shopping on a yearly basis. A huge percentage of that amount is spent at hair companies such as WigTypes. Thanks for proving to me that my money is not good enough for your company. I also thank you for living up to the negative reviews done against your company and the F score given to you by the Better Business Bureau. You have definitely earned it. I will definitely add my two cents in on every single outlet I can... i.e. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Lipstick Alley, BBB, and that all time favorite... general word of mouth. You lost a would be loyal customer over $12.14! However, as I stated earlier, you probably do not care. Good day.

I do not endorse other companies; especially if I don't benifit from it. However, I have never had a bad experience with Hairsisters when I ordered from them years ago. I also have not had any issues with Divatress; who I currently use exclusively. Women are continuing to support companies who are blatantly disrespectful and care nothing about customer service, just to save a couple of coins. Do the reasearch. If you get the same doggone complaint from reviewers, do not order from the company. This applies to everything you order via the internet.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

You can contact us by emailing us at help@wigtypes.com. Orders are placed online only

By Wig T., WigTypes Representative

You might. :-) This is my main problem with this company. They don't really respond to inquiries too well. Their emails are all formatted wrong so it looks like a bunch of html code instead of a richtext email. If you can log into your account on the site and track it that way, it might work. sometimes links to track don't work right in an email and I end up having to track manually if you can get the tracking number from the order information in your account or from the email.

By PJ C.

Questions? Get answers from the WigTypes staff and other customers.

5 Photos for WigTypes