WeBuyAnyPhone.com reviews

Tel: 03333 445 584
info@webuyanyphone.com

paulc748
5/16/19

Do not use this company.. Waited 14 days and they didnt have my phone, so once I contacted the postoffice the phone arrived with them the next day. Not sure who was to blame. But then was offered £173 originally which was then reduced to £133. I asked for proof if the damage on my phone and they sent me 3 pictures which do not show any damage. I had a cover and screen protector on this phone from the day purchased until the day I posted it. It was in perfect condition. Note these so called damage doesnt show in my photos. I couldnt be bothered with the hassle of waiting for it to be returned so felt forced to accept which is probably what they hoped for. Really dont touch this company

shelleyr44
5/7/19

webuyanyphone.com may look like the ideal choice because they offer the most money for your phone... but for me once I sent my phone off they knocked the price down by £70 for damages (it looks like they have done this to many others. To save myself the hassle I accepted the lower price. After emails and phone calls I still have not received my money. I wish I read up on reviews before I chose to sell my phone to them. In my next email I am going to threaten to take them to the small claims court, this seems like the resort I need to go to in order to get my money.
Avoid them, use a different trusted company even if they offer slightly less for your phone... You wont get it from webuyanyphone.com anyway!

davidr1295
5/7/19

send an immaculate iphone 7 plus to them and followed the packaging instructions tot he t. They today tell me the besel is cracked and the screen has come away. I find this very hard to believe as that would take some force. I called them and all they could say was "if you think it has got broken in transit you need to take it up with Royal Mail". they sent me a photo howeve rit is that unclear I can not even see any damage. FRAUDSTERS

timh442
5/3/19

I sent my working Samsung S8 was quoted £170 then got an email saying "Your device Samsung Galaxy S8 has been reviewed. Its current status is quarantined. The reason for this is:

The product's condition is not as indicated on the order.

Defective LCD - LCD Burn. An image has become burnt on the screen potentially due to several reasons. This is more apparent when a white background is in place. The LCD is beyond repair and will require a full replacement." Wow it was working perfectly as i only changed my phone as i got a free upgrade with my service provider AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

bethanyd26
4/24/19

I sent my Iphone 7 off after being quoted I could get £152 for it, I sent the phone recorded delivery which was over £7. They emailed to say they had received it and that a member of staff will check the device. An hour or so later I received an email to say that due to scratches and wear on the case they want to offer me £130 (the phone was in perfect condition as its always had a screen protector and a case on). Anyway just to save having to pay to get it back I accepted the offer and was told payment would be made within 5 working days. Those days came and went and still no payment. I rang them up to be promised that it would be in my account that evening.. But of course it wasn't. I sent an email and was then told for sure the money would be in my account by LATEST 6pm today. 6pm came and went and still no funds. At this point I was furious so i emailed them to say myself and my husband will be driving down tomorrow morning. Yes the office is 2 hours away but i was prepared to travel down there to confront these CON ARTISTS and get either my phone or my money. I also told them I want money for the petrol we would use to drive down there. Within five minutes the money was in my account. Its funny what happens when you confront these people!! Something needs to be done, I was silly really for not reading reviews but still these people shouldn't still be trading after the amount of people they have ripped off. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, AND IF THEY HAVE DONE THE SAME TO YOU, PLEASE CONTACT THE POLICE/TRADING STANDARDS OR TAKE THEM TO THE SMALL CLAIMES COURT. THIS HAS TO BE STOPPED!!!!!!

kellyh392
4/16/19

As it's impossible to leave zero stars, I'll allow one for getting my money in the end.
I sent a brand new, straight out of the box iPhone 7, 128g and was offered £180. It was sent, wrapped in enough bubble wrap to ensure an egg would have arrived safety via registered post (an extra cost advised by the company) to be told that the phone had significant ware and the price would now be £140. Nonsense but ok for the hassle I'll accept that.
Fast forward the promised 5 day turnaround. No money. Promised Thursday after a phone call, nothing, promised Friday after another phone call, nothing. Promised Monday.... you get the picture.
By Tuesday I was furious. And reading the reviews it would seem the call handlers are very experienced in how to deal with angry customers. They're always very sorry, very apologetic, thank you sweetly for having so much patience and inform you that their boss is out of office/sick/day off and the payments are dealt with an internal department which simply cannot be accessed.
Avoid this company like the plague. It's cost a fortune to chase them and it's really not been worth the stress. I'd have given the phone away had I known.

paulp426
4/4/19

SENT MY IPHONE 7 256GB IN GREAT CONDITION TO THESE SCUMBAGS, THEY CAME BACK SAYING DUE TO THE CONDITION WE WILL REVISE OUR OFFER (DROPPED £35) WENT WITH IT AS COULDNT BE BOTHERED TO KEEP GOING BACKWARD & FORWARD. HAD EMAIL FROM THEM STATING PAYMENT HAD BEEN MADE AND WOULD TAKE 5 DAYS TO CLEAR, 16 DAYS PASSED AND NOTHING SO HOUNDED THEM EVERYDAY AND KEPT GETTING FOBBED OFF! PATIENCE WAS RUNNING OUT SO AS I WAS WORKING IN THE AREA CLOSE TO THEIR UNIT I EMAILED THEM TO SAY I WOULD BE COMING IN TO COLLECT MY PHONE BACK (Along with a hammer to smash up every piece of equipment in their office) HAD EMAIL BACK STATING PAYMENT HAD BEEN MADE AND ASKED FOR A REMITTANCE SLIP WHICH THEY SENT TO ME, THEN STRAIGHT AFTER THE FUNDS WERE IN MY ACCOUNT - STAY WELL CLEAR OF THESE $#*!S SIMPLE AS THAT - WRONGUNS

ya12
4/2/19

2 weeks ago I sold my iPhone 7 to this company. It was in absolute mint condition. Originally they offered £207 but when the received my phone they said there was "moderate wear to the casing" and offered a revise price of £187 - rather than go through the hassle of having my mobile reposted back to me I agreed the new price. Was told payment would be in account within 5 days. 16 days and numerous calls later - no payment!
This company is run by thieves! Please avoid at all costs. I shall be seeking legal advice.

alexb444
3/29/19

Order number #31157266
So i traded my iphone 7 128gb in and was offered slightly less wich i was not fussed so I accepted the offer after the 5 days passed i called and emailed to ask where the payment was and was assured it would be the same day midnight by the latest i then rang the next day after still not receiving payment and they said the same again i have now called 5 or 6 times and you just get the same lies every time the last lady i spoke to was more helpful and she stated on the phone and via email it will be in my account by the end of today so we will see but my advice to anyone selling there phone to this company go and find your local theif or a homeless person and hand it over because at least then your not expecting anything in return if i dont recive payment today i will be reporting this company for theft and contacting trading standard because i am not the only customer this has happened too and they cannot continue trading with the incompetence they do

stuartr60
3/23/19
• Updated review

OK an update to my previous post, after several more calls to them only to be asked the same questions, given the same excuses by STEVE, I got to my boiling point on Friday, I told them that I will call the police as it is theft and fraud and take them to court if needed, no email reply but my money was paid late last night. HORAY
My only advice is to not keep taking the crap from them, better still DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

“Sham company, theives & fraudsters”
3/19/19
• Previous review

I traded in my Samsung galaxy s7 edge for £124, the phone was in mint condition and no scratches, I posted my phone to them 1st class recorded to then receive an email telling me it had scratches on the screen (lies) and offered me £100. I agreed to the offer as they already had my phone and I needed the money, I was informed that I would receive my money in 5 days but this never happened, emailed them to get the reply that payment sometimes takes longer so I waited, emailed again, no reply, called them after 2 weeks to be told the money will be in today (Wednesday), no money, called again on the Thursday to be told my money will be in my account my midnight Monday, no money, called twice today, Tuesday to be told it will be resolved today, if it is not resolved today I am calling the police as this is fraud and theft, trading standards willl also get a letter of complaint along with watchdog, i will take them to court if I need to and I will not stop until. I get my money or phone back.
Stay away from this dis honest lying cheating company.

charlottek48
3/18/19

I found WeBuyAnyPhone on a comparison website along with other trusted competitors which I have used numerous times before. It had 4/5 stars (the same as its trusted competitors) so I felt I was in good hands. They reduced my offer so I asked for my iPhone to be returned to me. They then miraculously increased the offer. I accepted and for two weeks was promised payment. We went round and round over the phone and email, but I did not receive a penny. It took for me to send a final complaint email (from my work email (law firm)) threatening Small Claims Court action and cc'ing in Trading Standards and Watchdog and suddenly a few hours later I got a blunt email response and payment directly in to my account.
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND OR USE AGAIN!

sharons553
3/16/19

iPhone 7 - Payment not made within their 5 working day policy. Phoned yesterday 4.40pm told payment would be in my account later that evening! No payment ! This is repetitive of what others have said. I would not use this company they reel you in by offering most money then knock your offer down , then no payment. DO NOT USE

lindseym88
3/15/19

Been waiting weeks for my payment, they constantly claim to of made it when they haven't and offer no proof of such. Going to try to get my device back now

emilyg190
3/13/19

Sent my IPhone 8 Plus in on 26/02 Received an email on 28/02 to say my payment had been authorised. Still had no payment on 08/03 so contacted the company using there online contact form and I was told the money would be in my bank by the end of the day. 11/03 still had no money in my account so called them to be told they would fast track my money to be in within 48 hours and shock still no money ! Will be contacting trading standards if the money is not in my account today.

Emily Greenwood

ryanb377
3/6/19

I work for trading standerds so I know all about the process and what will happen.
18th January I sent my phone iPhone X AS DAMAGED was quoted 150 pounds and received a call and email confirming this had been accepted. Since 26/02/2019 no payment has been received and I have contacted them twice a day since. They have failed there service level agreement and they falsely advertise faster payments on website this is an on going case now I will keep you updated

hayleyj5
3/4/19

Got my phone no payment giving one more day then I'm contacting trading standards and the police disgraceful
I'm going to get my money !!!!

michaelt632
2/28/19

This company are fraudsters. Agreed a fee for my phone and 2 weeks later and numerous conversations and promises later I am still waiting on the money

suzier9
2/25/19

Worst phone trading company of all time.

I have still not been paid for my iPhone 7 (accepted the offer on 15/Feb).

I have emailed 4 times and spoken on the phone to a young man - all of which told me they would 'escalate' the problem.

Will be reporting to Trading Standards and taking legal action if I do not receive my payment within 24 hours.

rhysj6
2/21/19

Sent me endless emails saying my icloud wasnt disconnected when it was. Then sent me an email saying my phone wont turn on and offered me £5. How could they check my icloud if it wouldnt turn on ? Plus I said it wouldnt turn on when I sold it to them.

craigm249
2/20/19

Total fraudsters. Not the fact they knock money off, that is fair and what I expected.

What I did not expect was to be waiting more than 3 times the amount of time stated for payment(which still has not arrived).

I have complained direct, giving them 5 more working days to pay, otherwise I will be reporting for theft of my phone, or fraud. Both are correct.

If this was the other way around, missed payment charges would apply, a debt recovery company would be involved and I would have bad credit.

I will now take this to trading standards then the small claims court.

Terrible company. I wish I had researched and not used them.

Please just avoid at all costs.

lindag228
2/12/19

Avoid this company. They do not pay out. I phone every day and every day I am told that the money will be paid later that day. This morning I rang and spoke to Grace who promised me an email this afternoon informing me my payment had been made - no email and no payment YET AGAIN. Always tomorrow well I will be reporting to Trading Standards tomorrow just like all the other people who have written reviews on here should be doing - lets get this place shut down.

Tip for consumers: stay away from it they don't pay out.

christineg228
2/9/19

This company is shambolic and I am putting measures in place to take the necessary legal action to recover my money. After being told they will offer the highest price for the iPhone, upon receipt it would appear it miraculously developed scratches during transit, resulting in a lower offer price being made...... For a simple life, I agreed, but that was just the start of it! After being told my bank account details are incorrect, they somehow still allegedly made a payment and now state that the money has been sent.... Well I can assure it hasn't!!! I am still awaiting payment despite being told a pack of lies. It seems like I am not the only one too. Like I say, I am taking legal action and will seek to ensure these fraudsters will never be able to trade again!

Trade in ID 31094386

beckyb132
2/5/19

I've been waiting almost two weeks for money got told I eould receive it Friday evening no later haven't received it so they said they issued it to check they have the right details I did and they have the correct ones tried logging in again it won't let me I'm annoyed wished I read reviews before I placed a order with this company won't be using them again

melindas83
1/28/19

I have sent my iPhone 6s to them and they have offered a low price to me. I refused and asked for my phone to be returned to me. Then a week later I have received a new email with a new priced offered(+9£ on top of the original offer )
I still refused and asked for my phone to be sent back to me! More than a month and several emails later I still don't have my phone back! They have sent me a tracking number , claiming they have sent the parcel, but the number doesn't work..... I assume they have never sent it back to me and hoped that I will forget about it. After reading all the reviews online I should have never used them! Don't send your phone to them!!!!!

sanw4
1/19/19

Only give one star so i can write a review do not sell to these Go private dont ever use these there quick to send envelope out.give u a good price get your phone tben make out something is up with your phone then you accept new offer and then they wont pay out they start saying ur payment has gone missing and fraud team are onto it took me 6 weeks to get my money only because i was on at them everyday from morning till teatime threatening them with trading standards speaking and getting fobbed off by grace who answers the phone everytime saying the same $#*!e id never ever use them again total con they need closing down

Questions? Get answers from the WeBuyAnyPhone.com staff and other customers.

4 Photos for WeBuyAnyPhone.com