Walmart MoneyCard reviews

Pasadena, CA 91117-0100, US
Tel: 1-877-937-4098

dawns325
6/12/19

They take your money,lie to you. You can't pay bills with this card,and they tell you that you can. I put my bill money in this card and now they tell me I can only make in store purchases,and I can't get my money back. Bull$#*!,$#*!s. Walmart for you. Learn the hard way sometimes. Walmart sucks.

paigep33
6/7/19

We've had this card for years, and by years I mean a really long time. Recently, my boyfriends card expired and he never received a new one no matter how much we called he never got one so we switched it to my card because we've never had issues with that in the past depositing to each others accounts. This time I don't know what happened but they BLOCKED my card because of it. I call to figure out what I need to do they tell me so I submit it the normal way I do when I send them documents and they tell me it'll take two days to unblock. Call back in two days and they can't unblock it because they can't open the files which it's bull crap. So I resend them the documents but in picture form like requested and wait two more days. Then I call back and they STILL can't unblock it because the items were scanned and not photoed which they never told me I had to do and all in which I can't pay my rent, I can't feed my kids or get gas because of them. So ONCE AGAIN I resubmitted the documents in picture form and the pay stub my boyfriends work sent was screenshotted because I had no printer I sent them again. I call today only to have them tell me cause this one document wasn't taken a picture up I'll have to once again send it. I feel like they're just adding to the list of what I need to do once I do it. I asked them to just send it back to his employeer and they said sure but it'll take 10 days. TEN WHOLE FREAKING DAYS. I'm so so disgusted by their service because each time I asked how I needed to submit these documents and I was never told how until after I waited the two days when I sent them. Im repulsed by their service and how little they seem to care about how this blocking has affected us. I'll NEVER EVER use this card again.

zeneeo
5/20/19

The rep arguing with me about a transaction I made and cancelled on the same day through Western Union she telling me I received the money and I didn't then I asked to speak to a supervisor she put me on hold to tell me they all in a meeting I'm so pissed then I got transferred and the next rep tells me to call back in 2 hours I'm so disappointed she made me feel as if I was just making something up to get a refund back no place will allow u to get your money refunded back to u the same day if I could not put a star I wouldn't just disappointed in Walmart itself.

valerieg106
4/25/19

I bought a temporary card I registered online and it said it couldn't identify my information now I'm stuck with a card I can only make in store purchase and can get any cash off.then a supervisor tell's me it's nothing he could do.then he could mail me a check that will take 3weeks to receive it.then he says that I would have to send in more information to prove I'm who I say I am.walmart money card is real bull $#*! I'm so pissed right now Walmart y'all messed up my 16year wedding anniversary now how I'm going to get my husband a anniversary gift thanks Walmart for nothing.

gettyb
3/11/19

I called the customer service to change my address since that option was blocked on the online account management portion. There is a two step verification process before I can access my account online, still because of security reasons they claim I am unable to change my address online. I needed to call customer service. I called customer service who told me that because of security reasons I needed to take a picture of my drivers license and a current bill in my house that shows my new address and email it to them, an account manager would review my request and decide if one my address would be charged on my account and if a new card would be sent to me. This process could take up to two weeks. I called multiple time to check the status of my request and the customer service representatives hung up on me multiple times.

This company know that majority of their customers are ** so they come up with these ridiculous clause, if there's online access which has verification process, customers should be able to change their address online as advertised. This is the worse card and I've never been so humiliated and made to feel like a second class citizen and denied access to my funds. Please do not buy this card! You will regret it! Stay away from this one.

jessicas60
1/28/19

I have used the walmart money card for about two years now for all my banking needs and direct deposits. I have had no issues with the card accept for sometimes being unable to use it at gas pumps and not being able to find an ATM that won't charge me for withdrawls. What I love most about the card is the ability to get my paycheck a few days earlier than everyone else. Due to the government shutdown im assuming walmart and green dot bank who is the financial institution behind the walmart money card is apparently not providing the deposits as early as they would prior to the shutdown. My VA pay which is normally deposited on the 26th of each month or the 25th if the 26th falls on a weekend has not been deposited. I'm not really complaining due to the fact that the walmart money card does pay my benefits 5 to 6 days earlier than even the Credit Unions; but it would have been nice to have a heads up about the companies plans to pay the direct deposits later than usual due to the shutdown. So for anyone out their like me who made weekend plans thinking you would have the funds to go or still wondering where your money is your not alone. I love my walmart money card but a little heads up would have been nice. I'm aware that they only guaranteed my deposits to be 2 days earlier but if you know you have been consistantly providing a service earlier than usual just inform me when changes will be made don't have the support staff make me feel mentally I'll when I call to find out where my direct deposit is. Especially when this person can see what days my deposits hit and has no reason for me as to why my money is not their. A simple notification or email would have been sufficient.

nikkig52
6/22/18

This use to be a good card. I have had my card since 2008. Yesterday, I experienced really poor customer service on multiple calls. Almost as if the agents did not want to help me. I will NO longer use this card as I am appalled with the service I have received.

ninas41
7/9/17

I have a Walmart Credit Card and its a good card i get 3 percent cash back online and 2'percent on gas from Walmart

jamesr127
6/12/17

Concerning the Walmart Mastercard, I was scammed by a notorious and well known fraudulent site. I'm not gullible or a newbie to online shopping, but these scammers bounced a supposed $1 signup around a few international servers until it ended up on a totally irrelevant gaming site, that automatically debited you with $400!! The scammers are Zuuvu. Head office in Panama.

Malwarebytes, a trusted anti-malware developer had posted an article regarding this exact scam. I contacted Walmartfinancialservices fraud dept. literally a few minutes of my realizing what happened to put a freeze on that charge.

Long story short, after numerous phone calls and presenting them with all kinds of indisputable evidence (including the article from Malwarebytes), they chose to take a hard stance and simply refused to budge. They wouldn't help me, to the point where I requested that they cancel my credit card. I am on income support and I sent them written proof of this, yet they still put me in collections.

Awful, ruthless company that will NOT protect their clients/subscribers!

kodyk
10/7/16

I go to the Walmart in Franklin, Virginia; the Walmart in Wilson, North Carolina; sometimes I end up in different Walmarts as I travel around the East Coast occasionally. I have NEVER seen a "working" ATM. I am almost convinced that the workers put the "out of order" sign on it to avoid counting the money every day. I have NEVER seen the banks "open"; once again, pretty sure they just do other things during the day. Something as simple as cashing a check takes forever because the workers feel the need to bounce you between their checkout lines until you find someone who actually WILL cash the check.

Terrible. Don't get a Walmart Money Card. Don't try to affiliate yourself with anything having to do with YOUR money and walmart.

scottb122
6/6/16

The Walmart Money Card is Operated through Green Dot Bank; nothing more than a Disorganized group of misfits!! Customer Service has to be the Worlds Worst and controlled by a group of Chimpanzees with ZERO Understanding of what CUSTOMER SERVICE MEANS!! How could such a successful organization, such as WALMART, associate themselves with the MISFITS of GREEN DOT!!! I could hire and train a possum or an armadillo to do a more effective and efficient job than Green Dot!!

Questions? Get answers from the Walmart MoneyCard staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Walmart MoneyCard