Walmart MoneyCard reviews

Pasadena, CA 91117-0100, US
Tel: 1-877-937-4098

jessicas60
1/28/19

I have used the walmart money card for about two years now for all my banking needs and direct deposits. I have had no issues with the card accept for sometimes being unable to use it at gas pumps and not being able to find an ATM that won't charge me for withdrawls. What I love most about the card is the ability to get my paycheck a few days earlier than everyone else. Due to the government shutdown im assuming walmart and green dot bank who is the financial institution behind the walmart money card is apparently not providing the deposits as early as they would prior to the shutdown. My VA pay which is normally deposited on the 26th of each month or the 25th if the 26th falls on a weekend has not been deposited. I'm not really complaining due to the fact that the walmart money card does pay my benefits 5 to 6 days earlier than even the Credit Unions; but it would have been nice to have a heads up about the companies plans to pay the direct deposits later than usual due to the shutdown. So for anyone out their like me who made weekend plans thinking you would have the funds to go or still wondering where your money is your not alone. I love my walmart money card but a little heads up would have been nice. I'm aware that they only guaranteed my deposits to be 2 days earlier but if you know you have been consistantly providing a service earlier than usual just inform me when changes will be made don't have the support staff make me feel mentally I'll when I call to find out where my direct deposit is. Especially when this person can see what days my deposits hit and has no reason for me as to why my money is not their. A simple notification or email would have been sufficient.

nikkig52
6/22/18

This use to be a good card. I have had my card since 2008. Yesterday, I experienced really poor customer service on multiple calls. Almost as if the agents did not want to help me. I will NO longer use this card as I am appalled with the service I have received.

ninas41
7/9/17

I have a Walmart Credit Card and its a good card i get 3 percent cash back online and 2'percent on gas from Walmart

jamesr127
6/12/17

Concerning the Walmart Mastercard, I was scammed by a notorious and well known fraudulent site. I'm not gullible or a newbie to online shopping, but these scammers bounced a supposed $1 signup around a few international servers until it ended up on a totally irrelevant gaming site, that automatically debited you with $400!! The scammers are Zuuvu. Head office in Panama.

Malwarebytes, a trusted anti-malware developer had posted an article regarding this exact scam. I contacted Walmartfinancialservices fraud dept. literally a few minutes of my realizing what happened to put a freeze on that charge.

Long story short, after numerous phone calls and presenting them with all kinds of indisputable evidence (including the article from Malwarebytes), they chose to take a hard stance and simply refused to budge. They wouldn't help me, to the point where I requested that they cancel my credit card. I am on income support and I sent them written proof of this, yet they still put me in collections.

Awful, ruthless company that will NOT protect their clients/subscribers!

kodyk
10/7/16

I go to the Walmart in Franklin, Virginia; the Walmart in Wilson, North Carolina; sometimes I end up in different Walmarts as I travel around the East Coast occasionally. I have NEVER seen a "working" ATM. I am almost convinced that the workers put the "out of order" sign on it to avoid counting the money every day. I have NEVER seen the banks "open"; once again, pretty sure they just do other things during the day. Something as simple as cashing a check takes forever because the workers feel the need to bounce you between their checkout lines until you find someone who actually WILL cash the check.

Terrible. Don't get a Walmart Money Card. Don't try to affiliate yourself with anything having to do with YOUR money and walmart.

scottb122
6/6/16

The Walmart Money Card is Operated through Green Dot Bank; nothing more than a Disorganized group of misfits!! Customer Service has to be the Worlds Worst and controlled by a group of Chimpanzees with ZERO Understanding of what CUSTOMER SERVICE MEANS!! How could such a successful organization, such as WALMART, associate themselves with the MISFITS of GREEN DOT!!! I could hire and train a possum or an armadillo to do a more effective and efficient job than Green Dot!!

Questions? Get answers from the Walmart MoneyCard staff and other customers.

Walmart MoneyCard?