Review of Vimeo

Tel: 1465488530
atyourservice@elitify.com

kimy138
3/5/19

I was emailed by Vimeo that I had to upgrade my account
because my video was for our business. I was ok with that but the only
options were expensive and way more than what we needed to post our one
20 minute corporate overview. I upgraded to the Pro version, the least
expensive option for what they said I had to do in order to keep my
account active. It should have been $20/mth but could only be paid
annually for a total amount of $240. I found a promo code for 15% off
leaving my balance to be paid at $204. I received confirmation of my
purchase. However, when I looked in my bank account, not only was the
$204 pending but so was another $399! Trying to find help on the
weekend to dispute that charge was impossible. I reached out to my bank
fraud dept. and they put a hold on our card which ever since, even
though the hold has been lifted, our card will no longer work for any
purchases, which include subscriptions and monthly payments that are to
come out the first of the month from several other vendors. It has been
extremely time consuming trying to deal with all the failed attempts to
receive payments from other vendors, my bank, and Vimeo to resolve
which to date, there still is not resolution and Vimeo still has the
amount pended in our account. My bank said they can not remove it, that
Vimeo has to release with a fax stating they will not collect on those
funds, which they still haven't done. The only way they communicate is
through email, which isn't accomplishing anything. I would strongly
recommend finding another source to post your videos.

dougl112
2/18/19

Vimeo transcoder is busted and customer service says there is nothing they can do about it. If there are multiple audio tracks, vimeo just deletes the rest and says that is OK.

yasminn6
1/17/19

Vimeo stole $5000 from Ryan Dawson; a journalist. Ryan violated no terms and conditions , thus we conclude that vimeo are anti-free speech ! Do not contribute to such a backwards and thieving corporation

edh204
1/17/19

Ancreport.com @RyLiberty on twitter has been removed and stolen from ! I consider Ryan Dawson a journalist worthy of a refund !

melissad275
1/16/19

I purchased a video good for 1 year september 2018. When I tried to access the video in January 2019, I was alerted to purchase again. After 2 weeks back and forth with vimeo, I got no where, extremely frustrating! Personally, I dont have a positive recommendation. Vimeo has no contact number. They only use email. After sending them screen shots, I still felt I was talking to the wall. Vimeo still did not get the entire issue after 2 weeks of emails. Not worth working with them.

darrenf36
1/16/19

Paid for content that has since been removed by vimeo, it was removed for no valid reason taking my right to view content I'd paid for and it turns out that they kept the money to themselves. Disgusting.

gamer2
1/15/19

whats the point of using this platform when it's just a $#*!tier version of youtube, but with the same censorship policies?

justinr180
1/15/19

They choose who they want to platform depending on if they agree with their political views or not. They claim to be free speech but instead of actually being what they claim they use their terms of service (purposely written so anyone violates it at any time) as an excuse to kick people of even when they never did anything they claim.

colonelj1
1/15/19

vimeo terminated my favorite vimeo channel Ryan Dawson because they did not "like their tone" regarding their criticisms of Israel and falsely lumped it with anti-Semitism. they haven't refunded the money I used to buy Dawson's content either.

Tip for consumers: be careful when using this site they did not refund me

marceloc23
12/27/18

Bought 2 animation series on January 2018 and the account of the creator was terminated by Vimeo, without warning me about the deleted content and refusing refunds (45 USD).
It's not a reliable source, since it left you without what you paid for without warning.

tomf322
12/5/18

Stay away!!! Misleading information about the movies on their page. Extremly poor service. They rejected my request for a refund when I thought I had downloaded a movie with Norwegian voices. The title of the movie on their page was Norwegian! I might have stayed their customer if they had treated me like one.

richardv159
11/26/18

No good channels, Videos keep being deleted. What does this video hosting site has to offer that youtube doesnt?

henryf69

I'M LITERALLY SHAKING.

A young multicultural family was robbed and it's less than a month until Christmas! An immigrant father might not be able to give his hapa child the Christmas it deserves, all because Vimeo wanted to make a few thousand dollars of profit WITHOUT giving anything in return.

SORRY, I CANNOT KEEP WRITING THE INJUSTICE I'VE WITNESSED.
#JewsAgainstVimeo

Tip for consumers: Their service is the worst, they are only looking for a chance to close down your account while it has a lot of money. That way they get to keep it. They offer no value but steal the money content creators should get.

Don't get me started on the shipping. There was a Jewish woman who never sent money. And the return policies? It's a joke, it seems to be just a giant sarkissian scheme. Overall, the quality is bad. Even youtube doesn't stope so low as to ROB a family.

carold265
11/23/18

This company stole over $5000 of Ryan's Dawson's money, took down videos that had been on there for years, no reason, just greed! If you are an attorney, do a good deed, pay it forward and help a Ryan sue them. His children and family depend on his hard work and this horrible dishonest company stole $5000 from his family, right at the holidays.
Contact Ryan, just look him up anti war.com
Vimeo. I hope you go out of business and have many class action lawsuits thrown at you

phillipz5
11/23/18

Vimeo will de-platform content they don't like even if it is within community guidelines. I bought a film from a peace activist and because the film was critical of the policies of a certain country, they kicked this content creator off their site and stole $3000 in sales. They will then steal your money by not letting you watch the movie you paid for. This is disgusting behavior from any company and tramples on free speech. Find somewhere else to host your video content.

irredeemab
11/23/18

They shut down Ryan Dawson's account & stole his money because he's critical of Israel. I believe they have acted illegally. The New York AG's office should be contacted. I would do it, but I did not contract directly with Vimeo.

kylek103
11/23/18

BUYER BEWARE! I purchased a video awhile back and now it's gone. I contacted customer service at Vimeo and they said there was nothing they can do for me. What a waste of money!

turulm
11/22/18

They stole 5,000 USD from Mr. Ryan Dawson. They deleted his channel and customers can no longer access the content they paid for. By their own admission Mr. Dawson never brokre their terms of use. Dirty criminals they are.

willw56
11/21/18

Vimeo does not deserve your business. In terms of censorship, they are the worst. They support a country that kills people for sport, and they have a pathalogical hatred of Palestinians and supporters of Palestine.

jackd245
11/21/18

I'd paid good shekels only to have the product removed without notice, without warning. I wouldn't trust these schlock's as far as their noses.

josephp319
11/21/18

After paying for videos hosted on the site, they were recently taken down for NO valid reason. The uploader not only lost a platform, but was robbed of thousands of dollars. Use this site with extreme caution.

fabianb35
11/21/18

I'm a jewish woman and I'm horrified at what Vimeo has done to me.

I used to watched a pro-Jewish pro-peace channel on Vimeo, I knew people that paid money to buy some of the content, and I enjoyed the free parts of it as well. However, this all changed when Vimeo decided to COWARDLY BAN the channel, STEALING $5,000 in the process!! The person affected was a Native American who is an immigrant to Japan.

If ROBBING $5,000 from a Native American who makes pro-peace videos is acceptable, then there is something wrong with the world. My husband Fabian is thinking of suing to get some of that STOLEN money back.

CENSORSHIP HURTS JEWISH WOMEN.

Tip for consumers: Aside from the Anti-Semitic Misogyny...

- The service is horrible, stealing money from Native Americans should be repugnant to decent human beings.

- They give no value, just steal from others and snide in the suffering they inflict from their privilege.

- Can you believe I was never shipped a thing from them? And all because they wanted to be anti-Semitic.

- They not only offer no returns, but will make sure you lose money in the process.

- No quality, just pure Golem's hatred

ryanj105
11/21/18

Avoid this place at all cost, free speech doesn't hold any upstanding here, whatsoever. The management team is a total and utter disgrace to common ethical standards.

martinp135
11/21/18

I purchased two videos in good faith and now I can't watch them? No valid reason was given, they took my money and then they took away my ability to watch said films. I will never purchase another product from this company again and I will make sure to tell everybody I know about how Vimeo ripped me off.

dg242
11/21/18

They will take your money and censor the truth from an anti-war creator.. So pretty much they are for shooting Palestinian children in the face and starving Yemenis children..

21 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I'd check the fine print. Then I'd check again. Then I'd have a backup plan if you're gonna use Vimeo. In case you wake up one morning and you can't access any of your videos.

By Bob G.

Vimeo is a load of crap . I just joined but found the staff to be up their own backsides. he video's looked ok but was unable to comment on them. Site is a waste of time unless you are some silly little fan. Grow up.

By Derek M.

I heard that Vimeo is very anti-Semitic, they wanted to make a Jewish co-host lose his job at a pro-peace channel. It's just like another holocaust in my opinion... or even worse, the immigration crisis of Latin Americans going to the US.

By Fabian B.

Clear cookies and Cache, and also if needed search history.

By Johan M.

Questions? Get answers from the Vimeo staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Vimeo