Review of ValoreBooks

Tel: 1990864843
customerservice@valorebooks.com

janev41
2/20/19

I ordered a book for over $100 for my son's college course. Valore claims it was delivered and it never was. Their response was that UPS was sloppy and to look at my neighbor's house and in my SHRUBS! I have never located the book and they refuse to answer me on any level. I will NEVER buy from them again and I hope you don't either. Textbooks for college are expensive enough without having to hassle with this to get a refund.

gregg239
1/17/19

Updated Post:
After I posted this review Valore advised they would ship the textbooks back at their expense, though it could take up to 30 days to get them back. Raising my rating to 2-stars since they pay return shipping, but still wouldn't recommend doing business with them.

Initial Post:
I shipped two books to ValoreBooks that were in almost perfect condition and they sent back a response on both that they were rejected for either water damage, damaged cover, binding or pages, excessive writing or highlighting or incorrect edition. None of the outline "possible" issues were an issue with either copy, and now they want me to pay a fee to have them shipped back! Seems like a scam to get free books. I can't speak one way or the other on other companies that buy back used text books, but I would stay well clear of ValoreBooks!

janetl76
1/15/19

I placed a dispute against an amount charged to my debit card by Valorebooks.com following multiple attempts to straighten out my account with the company. You should know also that Valorebooks contracts with multiple vendors for textbook rentals
I rented two textbooks from them for the fall semester. I was required to have them return postmarked by December 14, 2018. I printed out the return label provided to me online by Valorebooks.com, brought the packaged textbooks to the local UPS store and dropped them off on December 14, 2018. Therefore, they were postmarked by the due date. UPS provided me with a receipt for my returned rentals drop off including the tracking number issued to me from Valorebooks.com return label. The second tracking number relates to a returned rental to Campus book rentals. However, I soon noticed two late charges on my Capital One bank account and contacted Valorebooks .com. I contacted them through support tickets online. I provided them multiple times with copies of my UPS drop off receipt bearing the tracking numbers on the label Valorebooks provided to me. Valorebooks then credited me for one of the late charges ($6.92) but neglected to reverse the second late charge for $9.90. I contacted them again and was told to wait 3-5 days although I disputed both late fees at the same time. But it went on much longer than 3-5 days. Therefore, I placed a dispute on the second late charge fee $9.90 on my debit card bank account with Capital One. Capital One subsequently reversed the charge in my favor. Thank you Capital One.
However, on January 4, 2019, Valorebooks charged my Capital One debit card account the full price of $60.55 for one of the textbooks I had already proven to Valorebooks that I returned. I placed a dispute on this amount with Capital One online and chatted with a representative. At this point, I no longer trusted Valorebooks with my debit card information and made the decision to have Capital One issue a new debit card to me.

jamesc1101
11/14/18

I was able to find all my Engineering book!! Thank goodness a my all classmate advised me of this website. Best Website.

ingridw19
10/23/18

I was able to find all my nursing book!! Thank goodness a my nursing classmate advised me of this website.

bebam
10/23/18

This is the best website to get your college books from. A great price and speedy delivery. 10/10 This site is always so affordable. Books come in great condition and they always have the title you are looking for.

hollyw93
10/23/18

This place has the best prices!!! Everywhere else i found the book that I needed, the price was ridiculous.

lilah12
10/22/18

This is cheaper than Amazon and a lot less hassle. You put in your billing info each time, instead of trying to remember a bunch of account info like with Amazon.

anneh195
10/21/18

ValoreBooks are affordable for single mom that in invested in their education. It is a good way to save money and be able to care of your family. You do not have to worry about what bill I can not pay if I buy this book for my class-

nikih12
10/15/18

I just ordered my books for my upcoming class! I found both the books I needed for a quarter of the price. I'm hoping all continues to go well through delivery.

conniea73
10/11/18

Instead of $$ going into a new book, a used book , possibly with notes is just another's opinion on the subject. It's all good.

tariki
10/10/18

I purchased a textbook just for it never come in. 6 weeks in and im now failing my class because I needed the textbook. I suggest not using this website if you care about your gpa in college.

ashleighd7
10/4/18

I found both books I needed within 5 minutes and saved hundreds of dollars.I'm impressed with ValoreBooks and I will reorder next term for the classes I need.

gloriab98
10/4/18

It was easy to use, easy to order and the best rate I found. Did not think the "free shipping" site that immediately popped up after I ordered was legit though. Nothing on it revealed the cost after the 7 day trial...at least not that I could find and I read the entire terms. Nothing about expected shipping dates either. I have to admit as I am writing this I am rethinking my decision to order here.

kathrynr52
10/1/18

Fast, didn't like the time constraint as I order several books and need to refer to my own listing of what I have and need.

sharonp233
10/1/18

This is the 1st time I have visited your site. I was only aggreveted when I go this page

meganf69
9/26/18

Great service! Very easy to find the books I need! They really make the website easy to find the exact book you're looking for.

lyndaw48
9/26/18

I found my textbooks easily and was able to order them quickly. Hopefully the return process will be smooth, as this is the first time I am renting books, if so I will be back!! Thank you!

nicoles338
9/25/18

I have purchased books and sold books through Valore with ease and have been consistently satisfied.

sherylw41
9/24/18

I just stumbled across this website and placed and order. The checkout was super simple and straight forward. I look forward to receiving the book I ordered (and needed for a literature class.)

victoriaa86
9/22/18

I'm so happy to have found this website! I cannot wait to receive my books. This is how I will buy most of my books from now on.

chrisb899
9/22/18

had great books for cheap price. The website was very efficient and had everything I was looking for I recommend everyone using this cite

ashleyg191
9/21/18

Loved that I was given two options for shipping as I waited until last minute to order my book for school. Will definitely be using this company again.

lisal544
9/21/18

I hope that when my text arrives it is in as good a shape as the description indicated. The price was almost 1/2 the cost of the same book on other sites. I am hopeful that when it is all said and done that this will be a regular site for me to purchase books online. We'll see!

dianap144
9/20/18

I found the DSM 5 for $14 brand new, can't get any better than this! They have great prices and offer affordable shipping rates. Amazon was a lot more expensive. Great website, glad I found it.

i'm trying to find customer service for inquiring about the book i rented on 3/1/16 the order # is 543197 i need the book asap. i paid and expedited fee for early deliver, and i need the book b-4 saturday, that's 2morrow.....

By diane g.

Questions? Get answers from the ValoreBooks staff and other customers.

8 Photos for ValoreBooks