Review of TutorVista

Tel: 1-866-617-6020
care@tutorvista.com

solomont10
2/14/19

My daughter was struggling with her class in Algebra I and II. I paid TutorVista for a 3 months. She was okay with them for the first month and then she was told that their website will be upgraded and there will be no connection while they will be doing the upgrade. They sent me an email that since it will take them time that they instead reimburse me like $250.00, back to my account. They never re-instate the amount they owe me. Is this not cheating for heaven sake on their clients? I will leave it for all of you to see my frustration with them. Good luck.

suew186
1/29/19

I purchased a year plan for my son which cost me $600. Since they took my money, and then stop being available. The site always says maintenance in progress. I can't get anyone on the phone or on the email. DO NOT SIGN UP.

kenh209
5/23/18

Watch out when you go to pay for the tutoring. They say probably in very small writing that you have to use your hrs up with in a month or you have to subscribe for more hrs. I for some reason did not even see that you have to use all your hrs within a month otherwise i would have! I believe they ripped me off because i cant even go back in the site unless i subscribe for more hrs!! Stay away from this site not professional at all!! 0 stars!!!

dylang25
2/13/18

TutorVista definitely has improved since I started using it over a year ago. Their prices are around the same and their tutor quality went up, however there are still some tutors I dislike and they are another company that have a few "glitches". They pressure you too much to renew your subscription which is typical in these online companies, but it's too often. Also, they need to get rid of the bad tutors and replace them. To avoid those tutors, I only have session with my preferred tutors. Also, too much of their website for newcomers is outdated. For example, it says that math, science, and english are 24x7, when now they changed it so math is only 24x7. Also, the whiteboard is a little glitchy. Sometimes if you upload a file with quite a few pages, the last few ones may not show up. They also seem to defend tutors sometimes if you do not like them. Lastly it still says they tutor in Hindi so some students may sign up for it although it has changed. Overall, the pros outweigh the cons, and there has been improvements so I am not worried.

williaml200
2/6/18

Used TutorVista for over a few months now for high school Physics help. Prices are cheaper and more affordable than other online tutoring sites. Tutors are able to help you complete your homework assignments, though they are unable to help with more complex projects.

If you have purchased the audio subscription, you will have to usually initiate the audio call and request for them to pick it up as most tutors will not initiate an audio call.

The times I have used it (I lived in the US), I was always able to get a tutor to help me immediately within 5 minutes of clicking "Start Session Now"

One con is that hours you have not used do not transfer over once your current subscription is over, unless you purchase a subscription to buy more hours.

Customer Support is helpful, although some technical issues have not been solved yet at the time of the writing of this review, such as "Schedule a Session" leading to a broken whiteboard and chatbox.

If you buy audio tutoring, you must initiate the call because most tutors are lazy and will not initiate a voice call unless you do first.

Language barrier may be an issue. For deep understanding of a concept, it's better to use other sites. Use Tutorvista just for homework problem help. There are tutoring sites that are more expensive, but worth the cost.

Overall, TutorVista is an affordable site for homework help, but not for much more.

NOTE TO VIEWER: THIS IS A PAID REVIEW WRITTEN UPON REQUEST OF TUTORVISTA.

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear William, thanks for your valuable feedback, we are glad that our tutors were able to help you. The audio issue you had during the session is resolved and the audio sessions are working fine now. Please feel free to contact our customer service team if you have any concern. Thanks, TutorVista Customer Care
mayerg
2/5/18

Chatted with them they only wanted to sign me up, the demo was sucking. They told me that once I'm signing up it will be better, PLUS I'm signing up with a 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!! Which is a lie! spoke to them over "20" times and nothing< full of theives and crap!! all the 5 star reviews are 100% FALSE!!

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Mayer, we apologize for your experience. We offer free demo session for 10 to 20 minutes just for students to understand how our service works. You will be connected to the best tutors once you sign up with us. Thanks, Tutorvista Customer Care
vaibsv
1/26/18

The chat guys take forever to get to your question and before they even start tutoring, they talk about fees, despite them starting off by saying that they're free...

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Vaibs, we apologize for your experience. We offer free demo session for 10 minutes just for students to understand how our service works. You will be connected to the best tutors once you sign up with us. We will ensure that the best tutors take demo session going forward. Thanks, Tutorvista Customer Care
rockyz1
12/3/17

Firstly, I spent $119.00 for 15 hours and used less than 2. I then found out that whatever you purchase needs to be used in a 30 day period or it will expire. Essentially, I've been told there is nothing they can do to help me with extending time or refunding money....zip, zilch, nada... you're screwed.

The tutor was unwilling to meet our tutoring needs which I specifically repeated time and again with this sales rep. I had to finally threaten the tutor that I was simply going to ask for my money back if they would not deliver and the tutor complied. However, with each question in the exercise that I had uploaded, the tutor need 3-5 minutes per question to review before helping us. That is why the lesson took 2 hours.

Very disappointed in this program. I was incredibly hopeful that this would not have been the outcome. I would highly recommend making sure that you know THAT YOU WILL NOT GET A REFUND FOR TIME NOT USED.

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Rocky, we apologize for the inconvenience. We request you to email our Customer Care team at care@tutorvista.com with the registered email address, our customer service representative will get in touch with you and help you by resolving the issue. Thanks, TutorVista Customer Care
preetk6
12/3/17

Before I began TutorVista, I was struggling with math. My teacher has a tendency to teach next grade material and totally ignore the curriculum. However, the concepts and ideas that didnt make any sense to me while sitting in the classroom, immediately made sense on an online whiteboard on TutorVista. They tutors provide thorough explanations while urging you participation so you can learn best. They dont just give you the answers, they show you how to approach the question. I would recommend this to anyone, struggling especially with Math. What a lifesaver!

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Preet, thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad that our tutors were able to help you to achieve the academic goals. Thanks, TutorVista Customer Care
hankm28
9/25/17

OK, so the tutors for some reason do spend too much time welcoming you to the site and making small talk, but they are knowledgeable, especially in beginner college physics.
They need to slow down a little on their fast handwriting and open their sessions a little earlier (when I was a member, you couldn't get a tutor until 2 p.m.). They do know how to help, which is the most important thing about their service.

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Hank, Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback, we have escalated the issue to our academic team and ensured that the tutors will not take much time just for the introduction. We apologize for not assigning a tutor as per your requirement. Our Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English tutors are available from 2pm to 2am EST, Math tutors are available 24/7. Thanks, Tutorvista Customer Care
timl111
9/23/17

Tutor will spend about 10 minutes just saying welcome and ask how you are. Then they deliberately wait 5 minutes before even trying to respond to any of your messages. This is purposely to waste your minutes, it even took a tutor 10 minutes to respond to a simple yes or no question. All these tutors from India are just greedy scammers. All the 5 star reviews posted here are FAKE.

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Tim, we apologize for your experience. We offer free demo session for 10 minutes just for students to understand how our service works. You will be connected to the best tutors once you sign up with us. We will ensure that the best tutors take demo session going forward. We request you to email our Customer Care team at care@tutorvista.com , our customer service representative will get in touch with you and help you by assigning expert tutors as per the requirement. Thanks, Tutorvista Customer Care
emilys180
9/19/17

-Network error occurred multiple times causing me to lose time
-Tutor took 5-10 minutes just to answer a simple yes or no question
-Ripped me off, said my account expired even though I had over 100 minutes and a 500 credit on my account

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Emily, we apologize for your inconvenience, we have escalated your complaint to the concern team and we are working on it to resolve the issue. We request you to email our Customer Care team at care@tutorvista.com , our customer service representative will get in touch with you and help you further. Thanks, TutorVista Customer Care
sudikshyab
9/14/17

I always got prompt responses from the team! Great work :) and teachers are very knowledgeable! Thank you for all your help.

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Sudikshya, we appreciate your feedback about out tutor. We hope our tutors were able to help you with your academic goals. Please feel free to contact customer service is you have any concern. Thanks, TutorVista Customer Care
megank51
9/9/17

They were so useful and really helped me through my last years of college, I highly recommend! Thanks again guys!

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Megan, thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad that our tutors were able to help you to achieve the academic goals. Thanks, TutorVista Customer Care
genaroc6
9/5/17

Love this site. They know what they're doing. Really care about their students and help them to the fullest.

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Genaro, thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad to know that our tutors were able to help you as per your requirement and we will continue to help you in your academics. Regards, TutorVista Customer Care.
achals
8/28/17

She did not attend the scheduled lesson as we kept waiting, Tutor was not available as per the last minute message.
Also she has had 2 lessons so far, both poor quality.
First lesson call was dropping off every 5 minutes
Second lesson she was told that she cannot have audio lesson and need to talk to customer service so we discontinued after 15 minutes into the class as it was not making sense.
I have left a message for Customer Service team so far no response..
VERY DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE.ZERO RATING

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Achal, we apologize for your experience and regret the inconvenience caused. We request you to email our Customer Care team at care@tutorvista.com , our customer service representative will get in touch with you and help you by assigning expert tutors as per the requirement. Technical issue you were facing during audio session is resolved now and it will not be repeated. Thanks, Tutorvista Customer Care.
reidm21
5/1/17

TutorVista is a great service. I use it for college tutoring. It has saved me money, I have learned a lot, and I have met some of the very professional staff. I highly recommend this service over competitors, because you, again, will save funds and experience a difference.
EAG435

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Reid, thank you for liking our service. We strive to make learning easy and affordable for everyone, we hope our tutors were able to help you with your academic goals. Thanks, TutorVista Customer Care
mechellet1
4/25/17

I gave a 4 because sometimes I can't get a tutor or the system runs slow. I have voiced my concerns with customer service so they can fix the problem that happens when I log on.

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Mechelle, we are happy to receive a feedback from you. We have escalated your issue to our technical team and they are working on it to fix the connectivity issue you were facing during the session. We request you to email our Customer Care team at care@tutorvista.com with the registered email Id, our customer service rep will update you once the issue is resolved. Thanks, TutorVista Customer Care
albertj33
4/25/17

Overall, this website has allowed me to learn my topics at hand. As we all know, videos on YouTube go on to a certain point when helping us achieve the answers we need. However, TutorVista is a live tutor that will help solve and teach problems anytime and anywhere. Fantastic service! My review code from TutorVista: ALB474

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Albert, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with our tutors, we will continue to provide quality tutoring to improve your grades. Thanks, TutorVista Customer Care
devyw
4/25/17

This website is good for you who are having exam and need a help to solve a problem. The tutor provide every steps to teach and make you understand.

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Devy, we are happy to receive a feedback from you. Thank you for liking our service. We hope our tutors were able to help you with your academic goals. Thanks, TutorVista Customer Care
naa28
4/25/17

Come to every tutoring session with a specific question(s) in mind. I thought this program was generally helpful with the questions I had. They used good technology and the chat service was quick and reliable. However, I stopped using it after the first month (because I didn't need help with the particular unit I was doing in class) and they continued charging me because I forgot to cancel the payment. Make sure you keep track of your payment and check your emails so you don't lose any money.
-NAL490

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Na A, thank you for your valuable feedback. Please send us an email to care@tutorvista.com with your login id so that our customer service representative will get in touch with you and expalin you about the addition charges in your account. Thanks, TutorVista Customer Care
alexp167
4/24/17

Great staff, quick access, and genuine help! I really enjoyed using their service, and it definitely helped my grades improve.
PET375

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Alex, we are happy to receive a feedback from you. Thank you for liking our service. We are glad that our tutors were able to help you to improve your grade. Thanks, TutorVista Customer Care
mariahc7
4/24/17

This tutoring site has helped me with all of my organic chemistry topics! It's great that I can go here whenever I'm struggling and have a tutor guide me through and explain things in greater detail. My grade is improving from th extra tutoring as well. This is an amazing site!

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Mariah, thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear that our tutors were able to assist you in Organic Chemistry, which helped you to reach your academic goals. All the best for your future, have a great year ahead. Thanks, TutorVista Customer Care
shruthir2
4/24/17

I ended up taking some pretty challenging courses this year and I found myself falling behind and just not finding the right amount of help from my school and that's when I stumbled upon this site! This site is PERFECTION! I can get help for subjects whenever I want which is really great because my schedule isn't always fixed. The tutors are kind and patient and very smart!! It's great because sometimes face to face tutoring can be hard and intimadating because you feel like you don't want to ask a stupid question you should know the answer to. This site allows me to clear ALL my confusions no matter what and the tutors are very patient and help me understand topics. I was able to make an A in my math and science classes because of this site!! The prices are also very affordable compared to other tutoring services. With all the really helpful technology such as the whiteboard and file sharing (and app!!!) it really makes it worth the price!
My code is:SHR059
Definitely would reccomend this! :)

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Shruthi, thank you for sharing your feedback. We strive to make learning easy and affordable for everyone. We are glad to know that our tutors were able to help you as per your requirement and we will continue to help you in your academics. Thank you for your feedback. Regards, TutorVista Customer Care.
seana41
4/24/17

This is a great tutoring website. They go into detail and help me understand very well. It is also very user friendly. If you are serious about your grades then you need this subscription. My code is Sea591

Response from Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative
Dear Sean, thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad that our tutors were able to help you to achieve the academic goals. Thanks, TutorVista Customer Care

You pay for minutes and you have to use those minutes within a certain period of time. I had minutes left but couldn't use them because my time expired . So I wasted money

By Josephine T.

Dear Spandana, This is to inform you that we do not provide tutoring for Engineering level topics. Thanks, Tutorvista Customer Service

By Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative

HI maam please they dont help they just want money not ur childs sucess

By Zahra H.

they cant call because ur long distance

By Zahra H.

Dear David, We apologize for the inconvenience caused. You were not able to replay the past session due to technical issue. However, the issue is resolved and you will be able to replay all the past session now. Please send an email to care.tutorvista.com if you have any further concern. Thanks, Tutorvista Customer Care

By Tutorvista C., TutorVista Representative

I believe you would have to visit one of their locations, and provide them with your qualifications and your resume/qualifications.

By Qasim L.

Those are great tips to FIND THE RIGHT TUTOR. There are now a lot of sites like http://preply.com/en and itutor and even youtube so we really need to be careful on how we find the right one.

By Rene R.

Questions? Get answers from the TutorVista staff and other customers.

3 Photos for TutorVista